Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S12.E08: If You Can't Take the Heat, Get Out of the Russian Bath House

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, GussieK said:

I knew about the banyas.  I had a friend who loved to go to one in Brighton Beach (Brooklyn--not UK), where there is a large Russian community.  But as I said above, the one they went to last night is a dump! 

It was like watching an old Anthony Bourdain episode.  I swear I remember him going into a place in some Eastern European country that looked a lot like it. 

I have to say though that I would have dug right into that food they were served. It looked really good.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

If John is watching this shitstorm I bet he is laughing and laughing and thanking the Good Lord that he escaped the abyss. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, now Dorinda has gone after Ramona on Instagram. Ramona has been in Florida for months and recently has posted some videos of herself out at restaurants and socializing, not wearing a mask. This evening she posted this pic of herself going out with a mask, and Dorinda commented...

 

B62D8AEA-E822-4F65-933D-016A367D2B50.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ramona refuses to relinquish those metallic jeans.  She should stay in Florida with those damn things.  lol

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe if her masks were made from the same material, she would wear masks more?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ichbin said:

It was like watching an old Anthony Bourdain episode.  I swear I remember him going into a place in some Eastern European country that looked a lot like it. 

I have to say though that I would have dug right into that food they were served. It looked really good.  

Well, that's the thing.  My office mate and I had been eyeing the menu for lunch, but the place is just too offputting!  Speaking of Anthony Bourdain, his old restaurant Les Halles was on the next block south.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

18 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

I wonder if Sonja is taking an anti depressant.  Putting on weight is an extremely common side effect and it can amplifying the effects of alcohol as well.

If she is she shouldn’t be drinking. I think it’s just as likely the copious amounts of booze, her age and her tendency to shovel in junk food while drinking has caught up with her. 

I don’t really care what motivates Dorinda’s behavior—whether it’s alcohol, narcissism, mean-spiritedness or a combination. It isn’t pleasant to watch. I can’t stand her and it really bothers me how the other women are allowing it. 

Agree that Ramona’s dress at the cocktail party was not flattering. It was too tight and I could see the outline of her belly button. It reminded me of a pregnant woman. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, GussieK said:

.  I miss Bethenny's humor, and there is too much binge drinking and negativity. 

I don’t really miss Bethenny except she is the only one strong enough to stand up to Dorinda. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Oh I don't think so. Dorinda has had screaming drunken rages since her first season on this show when went off on Heather for no reason at all. She lets loose in public restaurants and private homes with some of the most vulgar disgusting tirades ever heard on this show. What is so unsettling to me is that she can be a screaming harpy one minute and in 5 minutes she is acting like nothing happened or disolving into tears an crying about how it isn't fair that her life turned out the way it did. I really think she has alcohol induced mental illness.

So, Dorinda was bad from the beginning?  I wasn’t watching when Heather and the other blonde was on, what’s her name .. she made lipstick or something.  Anyhow, do tell more.  Do u remember the season?  I’d like to see her in action.  Wher are all these influential people she used to know with Richard?  She must have been the talk of the town then, but in a bad way.  Also, my sister who lost her husband a few years back said since she’s a widow, married women don’t like widows hanging around their husbands for fear you will take their husbands away. Actually, Dorinda probably doesn’t worry about that as the men know all about her by now.  Richard must have had a handful with her.  I could just see it.

Another thing I was thinking last night .. when Bluestone Manor started falling apart, so did Dorinda.  Contractors, plumbers, electricians, decisions, money.  A million decisions and apparently nobody to help her.  It’s like filling out a financial aid loan for your kid. A real pain in the ass.  It used to take me two weeks to do that, haha.  I did all the paper work in the house.  My husband is spoiled, lol.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Agree that Ramona’s dress at the cocktail party was not flattering. It was too tight and I could see the outline of her belly button. It reminded me of a pregnant woman. 

That is a classic "only looking head on in the mirror" type dress.  I think it is a Vince Camuto dress, I have one, same knit, slightly different style and I would never wear it without a smoother on underneath, Ramona should know better about the proper underpinnings...makes everything fit and look better.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If Richard was so fantastic then what in the hell did he see in Dorinda? Unless she was very different back then I just don't get it. 

Love when Ramonacoaster points out to Dorinda how abrasive her behavior is but she ruins it because she inevitably ends up hugging, crying and apologizing to Dorinda with all the I love you's as soon as Dorinda starts with her crocodile tears poor me you were my good friend schtick. 

She lured him in like a fish.  Looked sexy, listened to his every word and made things nice for him.  Typical woman trickery when you want something, lol.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

So, Dorinda was bad from the beginning?  I wasn’t watching when Heather and the other blonde was on, what’s her name .. she made lipstick or something.  Anyhow, do tell more.  Do u remember the season?  I’d like to see her in action.  Wher are all these influential people she used to know with Richard?  She must have been the talk of the town then, but in a bad way.  Also, my sister who lost her husband a few years back said since she’s a widow, married women don’t like widows hanging around their husbands for fear you will take their husbands away. Actually, Dorinda probably doesn’t worry about that as the men know all about her by now.  Richard must have had a handful with her.  I could just see it.

Another thing I was thinking last night .. when Bluestone Manor started falling apart, so did Dorinda.  Contractors, plumbers, electricians, decisions, money.  A million decisions and apparently nobody to help her.  It’s like filling out a financial aid loan for your kid. A real pain in the ass.  It used to take me two weeks to do that, haha.  I did all the paper work in the house.  My husband is spoiled, lol.

 

It was season 7 episode 13 "Sonja Island." I believe it was Dorinda's first season and she had one of her drunken meltdowns in a restaurant after numerous dirty martinis. For some reason she had it in for Heather Thompson and caused a scene in the restaurant screaming unintelligible words. Heather had to tel her couldn't understand wht she was saying. Fiinally got her away from the table and calmed her down. Yes this has been her pattern each season. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don’t really care what motivates Dorinda’s behavior—whether it’s alcohol, narcissism, mean-spiritedness or a combination. It isn’t pleasant to watch. I can’t stand her and it really bothers me how the other women are allowing it. 

This is where I am with Dorinda.  It's really something to hear the women saying they are all afraid of Dorinda. 

She's grown progressively more unhinged as the seasons go on, to the point she is almost completely unhinged now. Many of the women have had their really bad seasons where they flip out - Sonja drowned in alcohol during her Grey Gardens smokey-eye updo Gstaad, Bethy was a bipolar mass of tears or screaming at people,  Ramona lost it during her chasing cheating Mario season, Lu... but they get a grip during off-season.  Dorinda never gets a grip and just gets worse.

Dorinda definitely needs an intervention of some sort.  If I were the ladies, I'd tell her she needs to get herself under control or they won't film with her.  I guess Tinsley is doing that in a way by moving on, so good for her.

Edited by izabella
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She lured him in like a fish.  Looked sexy, listened to his every word and made things nice for him.  Typical woman trickery when you want something, lol.

I think you could say that Richard had a bad wife picker if he thought Dorinda was great wife material. I'm sure he'd be so proud of her behavior now.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

He would have been on to the next wife by now.

She would have looked like Tinsley.

That is what is driving Dorinda batshit crazy.

  • Like 10
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2020 at 10:17 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I can't believe that Leah and Dorinda now have this deep bond because they're "both moms". Leah, everyone in the WORLD has a Mom!  You can find someone else!

I feel like this is a case of new HW glomming onto the established HW that isn't going anywhere.  I think b/c Dorinda brings the drama, she is sure to keep her apple.  I think Ramona is in danger of aging out of the show.  Sonja is so sloppy and not nearly as amusing as before. Lu probably will be around for a while b/c she's got the rap sheet now.  We know Tins is out.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

It was season 7 episode 13 "Sonja Island." I believe it was Dorinda's first season and she had one of her drunken meltdowns in a restaurant after numerous dirty martinis. For some reason she had it in for Heather Thompson and caused a scene in the restaurant screaming unintelligible words. Heather had to tel her couldn't understand wht she was saying. Fiinally got her away from the table and calmed her down. Yes this has been her pattern each season. 

Thank you for that.  So she was nuts then too.  It’s just in her to be mean.  I think it’s jealously about everything.  She has to be top dog all the time, but isn’t top anything.  She can’t compete with anyone or anything.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Bmmm.. I wonder just what shape (mentally) Dorinda is in during “shelter in place”. If she is all alone, she may really be going downhill. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, izabella said:

This is where I am with Dorinda.  It's really something to hear the women saying they are all afraid of Dorinda. 

She's grown progressively more unhinged as the seasons go on, to the point she is almost completely unhinged now. Many of the women have had their really bad seasons where they flip out - Sonja drowned in alcohol during her Grey Gardens smokey-eye updo Gstaad, Bethy was a bipolar mass of tears or screaming at people,  Ramona lost it during her chasing cheating Mario season, Lu... but they get a grip during off-season.  Dorinda never gets a grip and just gets worse.

Dorinda definitely needs an intervention of some sort.  If I were the ladies, I'd tell her she needs to get herself under control or they won't film with her.  I guess Tinsley is doing that in a way by moving on, so good for her.

They just pacify her as you would a child.  Nobody wants to be her next target, and that’s disgusting that she has that control over them.  She cries .. they jump.  Tinsley cries .. they do nothing.  All a bunch of phonies. Im done talking about her .. I hope.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2020 at 11:03 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

 

I feel very similarly.  For the sake of argument, let’s say Dorinda is the most horrible bully who’s ever bullied.  Her behavior is terrible, yes.  

But what about Tinsley’s behavior?  She is constantly being bullied and victimized by people since she signed on to this show—first Sonja, then Bethenny, now Dorinda.  And yet she keeps re-upping her contract for this show and hasn’t learned a better coping mechanism than screaming, or, as they say, screeching and/or crying and/or taking cheap shots when she’s drunk.  I can’t really rally around that.  It’s not an example of good character either.  

When Dorinda is acting sick toward Tinsley, I do feel bad for her, or when Sonja makes jokes about sucking small dicks for jewelry, it’s disgusting.  But Tinsley is really wearing thin as the person for whom to root.  I don’t feel positive energy from her.

I think if, after four seasons, one just hasn’t gained traction with a social group, and she doesn’t need the money, it may be time to exit stage left.  The pile-on is not just an example of maladaptive behavior, it’s boring.  

If Tinsley is not making an effort at mastering the coping skills of life, I only have so much patience.  I’m within about one episode of not caring any longer.  

When they piled on Luann, at least she summoned her tiny brain power and had fortitude and held strong though it was very difficult for her.  That was something I could get behind and support, even if I didn’t agree with all of Luann’s choices.  I was at least convinced that she was willing to stand up for herself.  She had moxie, and it made me want her to win.  

Every time we get a Tinsley tear-fest, I notice there are rarely actual tears and she tends to put her hands over her eyes.

I don't believe she's crying most of the time.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tinsley is leaving the show. Dorinda will drive her off and the only lightness and sweetness will be gone leaving a bevy of menopausal alcoholics sexually harassing tradesmen.

Good luck with that!

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Tinsley can be annoying. I’m sure we all know those people who for some reason have never had to really grow up — and, yes, that’s irritating. But, unless there’s context we haven’t seen, her issues with Dorinda are 100% on Dorinda, and I’m disproportionately angry that some of these women are acting like Tinsley’s reaction is the problem. 
 

Also, why is Dorinda’s therapist dressed like a golf pro?

  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Hiyo said:

In the same area as Sonja, apparently.

 

Thanks - really enjoyed this video! I lived in several Manhattan apts when I was young, and they’re all so different. These three do show the ladies’ personalities in a bunch of ways - small spaces can be fun to work with.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ladle said:

Tinsley can be annoying. I’m sure we all know those people who for some reason have never had to really grow up — and, yes, that’s irritating. But, unless there’s context we haven’t seen, her issues with Dorinda are 100% on Dorinda, and I’m disproportionately angry that some of these women are acting like Tinsley’s reaction is the problem. 

We all have to work with people who are annoying.  We never scream at them.  

  • Like 20
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

We all have to work with people who are annoying.  We never scream at them.  

Exactly! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2020 at 8:45 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I know you truly believe this. But I've yet to hear why Dorinda - if she is such the good, nice, kind-hearted person she desperately wants us to believe she is - why would she consent to being presented as such a vulgar, cruel, vicious, narcissistic human being? Just for the paycheck?

Because I have to tell you, whether she is truly like this (and I am inclined to believe she is) OR she's just willing to present herself as such a vicious person for a big paycheck? It doesn't look good for her. 

I feel the same about Sonja. While Sonja is basically harmless, why on the world would you want the image she is striving for, going out in the Ethernet?? She comes off as a has been, drunk,wanna be, sex starved,  bad bad actress. Is it just for the paycheck?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

 

@Silver Bells - and anybody else wanting a walk down memory lane! - here's the video of Dorinda's first outing as a drunk.

It's the Full Monty: sudden/unreasoning aggression,  insane word salad (in this case, literally incomprehensible) a Dorinda talking head justification and a cast member (Kristin) saying she's afraid of Drunkinda:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-14/videos/what-is-dorinda-saying

... I didn't really like Kristin on the show, but her byplay with the waiter pouring her wine is funny here.

~bonus points for snotty Countess Luann,  who boozily announces she would never dream of sending her child off to Europe to visit her father (the anti-Semite) with Victoria dropping the " F bomb". 

 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

When she starts with the drunken rages just look her square in the face and say: "You're a drunk." Nothing else and then turn away and don't engage.  Do this a few times on camera and see what happens.

But what do they do when she starts with a sober rage?  That's much deeper than just being a drunk.

 

18 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

More than anyone else on the show, Ramona has been able to get women together for bone fide social events.  When was the last time Luann or Sonja had a party full of people that are not on the show?  Sonja in season four with the opera singer?  Luann maybe in season two?  I feel like Ramona does it every season, or a few times a season. 

Maybe Luann or Sonja just doesn't want those gatherings depicted on the show.  Or the people who go to them don't want to be on the show, and they defer to that.  I'm pretty sure if I were a non-show friend of any of these people, I wouldn't want to go to a gathering that included show friends, unless I was uncharacteristically in the mood for an uncomfortable train wreck. 

 

15 hours ago, Lemons said:

Ramona thinks she has the same body as 20 years ago and she doesn’t.  I don’t know how bethenny and Luann do it, they have maintained youthful shapes.  Ramona, Sonya, Dorinda, not so much. Menopause has not been kind to them. 

I'm Ramona's age, and the fat gathering in the torso has suddenly appeared, after 62 years of unappreciated bliss.  I think as with many things, genetics plays a big role.

The good thing about a menopot is that it's possible to dress around it without resorting to muumuus.  Obviously, more-than-skin-tight around the now-barrel-shaped midriff isn't a good option.  Or, it's obvious to me, anyway.  And now to anyone who watched this episode.

 

15 hours ago, Lemons said:

Dorinda’s square flat ass and saddlebags don’t do well with tight leggings.  

Word! 

 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is a classic "only looking head on in the mirror" type dress.  I think it is a Vince Camuto dress, I have one, same knit, slightly different style and I would never wear it without a smoother on underneath, Ramona should know better about the proper underpinnings...makes everything fit and look better.

Do you really think Ramona didn't have on any sort of girdle smoother?  I was thinking she was probably wearing double spanx.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Maybe Luann or Sonja just doesn't want those gatherings depicted on the show. 

Maybe their apartments are just too small to have so many of the women over at the same time.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, missyb said:

While Sonja is basically harmless, why on the

I don’t think she is harmless, while she isn’t as bad as Dorinda because that would be difficult, she constantly says mean things to Tinsley and anytime someone mentions anything about her marriage or past she immediately tries to turn that onto Tinsley even when it makes no sense like calling her a trophy wife.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Do you really think Ramona didn't have on any sort of girdle smoother?  I was thinking she was probably wearing double spanx.

I guess I wasn't really paying attention that closely because I thought Ramona looked nice in that dress.  It was tight, but I didn't give her midsection a second thought!  It seems to be the trend to wear what one wants with little to no regard as to which body part will be accentuated (good or bad!)  I've seen plenty of that on TV and in real life!

15 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Maybe their apartments are just too small to have so many of the women over at the same time.

Last time we saw Sonja's apartment it appeared to be very cluttered with all of her stuff.  I don't think she's got room for many people in there!  LuAnn's is probably small too.  She dissed Leah's apartment, but hers is probably not much bigger, if I had to venture a guess.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, you can see how small Luann's place is in the video I posted...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

A lot has been said about Dorinda, so I won't rehash, but I just need to say that once I liked her the most and I can't believe where I'm at with my feelings about her now.  It's fine to dislike someone but the kind of things Dorinda says to Tinsley have no regard for her as a human being.  She did the same with Luanne and even though Luanne deserved criticism making fun of her arrest was beyond cruel and not needed to make a point.   All of them get snarky with one another but Dorinda reduces people to shreds. She has absolutely no boundaries and I can't imagine that she is any different in her other relationships.  What a horror show she is. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Ramona or Sonja like Tinsley and they have the same problems with her that Dorinda does. They kind of like to see Tinsley have it. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think Ramona or Sonja like Tinsley and they have the same problems with her that Dorinda does. They kind of like to see Tinsley have it. 

It looks like they broke down the teams for this year. Sonja, Ramona and Dorinda are the new Tres Amigas.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, missyb said:

I feel the same about Sonja. While Sonja is basically harmless, why on the world would you want the image she is striving for, going out in the Ethernet?? She comes off as a has been, drunk,wanna be, sex starved,  bad bad actress. Is it just for the paycheck?

My opinion is that Sonja and Tinsley also have issues with alcohol, only those issues tend to bring out hypersexuality in Sonja and emotional tear-fests with Tinsley. They should all probably lay off the booze for a while but it's only Dorinda who uses alcohol to give herself permission to say cruel things. 

4 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

A lot has been said about Dorinda, so I won't rehash, but I just need to say that once I liked her the most and I can't believe where I'm at with my feelings about her now.  It's fine to dislike someone but the kind of things Dorinda says to Tinsley have no regard for her as a human being.  She did the same with Luanne and even though Luanne deserved criticism making fun of her arrest was beyond cruel and not needed to make a point.   All of them get snarky with one another but Dorinda reduces people to shreds. She has absolutely no boundaries and I can't imagine that she is any different in her other relationships.  What a horror show she is. 

Did Luanne "deserve" criticism, though? I mean, I am not Lu's biggest fan. I think she can be snobby and elitist and self-centered. But Dorinda attacked Lu because Lu rightly recognized that Dorinda's drinking was getting out of hand and she made a very mild comment. And then Dorinda decided to attempt to embarrass Lu with the whole Jovani debacle, which Lu smartly turned around.

Anyway, that was another one that I think was on Dorinda. There are things to be critical of Luann on but her focus on sobriety and her cabaret act weren't it. Yet Dorinda joined Bethenny last season in doing that and IMO, it was pretty ugly.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

What I mean is that Luanne was acting out and there was something to be said about her behavior but not what Dorinda did to her.  Dorinda's attacks on Luanne were shocking and mean in every regard.  When anyone confronts Dorinda or criticizes Dorinda becomes irrational.

Edited by tranquilidade
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

My opinion is that Sonja and Tinsley also have issues with alcohol, only those issues tend to bring out hypersexuality in Sonja and emotional tear-fests with Tinsley. They should all probably lay off the booze for a while but it's only Dorinda who uses alcohol to give herself permission to say cruel things. 

Did Luanne "deserve" criticism, though? I mean, I am not Lu's biggest fan. I think she can be snobby and elitist and self-centered. But Dorinda attacked Lu because Lu rightly recognized that Dorinda's drinking was getting out of hand and she made a very mild comment. And then Dorinda decided to attempt to embarrass Lu with the whole Jovani debacle, which Lu smartly turned around.

Anyway, that was another one that I think was on Dorinda. There are things to be critical of Luann on but her focus on sobriety and her cabaret act weren't it. Yet Dorinda joined Bethenny last season in doing that and IMO, it was pretty ugly.

Dorinda was the happiest person in the room when Luann fell off of the wagon.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2020 at 9:49 PM, Chicklet said:

This group of women is pretty provincial for all the "traveling" they have done. Everything is strange and different and scary when it's not in the city or the Hamptons. Maybe Lou isn't as bad as the rest ugh.

Never mind.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

My opinion is that Sonja and Tinsley also have issues with alcohol, only those issues tend to bring out hypersexuality in Sonja and emotional tear-fests with Tinsley. They should all probably lay off the booze for a while but it's only Dorinda who uses alcohol to give herself permission to say cruel things. 

Did Luanne "deserve" criticism, though? I mean, I am not Lu's biggest fan. I think she can be snobby and elitist and self-centered. But Dorinda attacked Lu because Lu rightly recognized that Dorinda's drinking was getting out of hand and she made a very mild comment. And then Dorinda decided to attempt to embarrass Lu with the whole Jovani debacle, which Lu smartly turned around.

Anyway, that was another one that I think was on Dorinda. There are things to be critical of Luann on but her focus on sobriety and her cabaret act weren't it. Yet Dorinda joined Bethenny last season in doing that and IMO, it was pretty ugly.

I said I wasn’t going to talk about Dorinda, so I’ll pick onLu for a change.  She’s getting to be a pain too.  She criticized Leahs apartment like it was a hovel, and complained going south of Canal Street.  She’s getting too full of herself again.  Go on stage and try to sing the three songs that aren’t that good.  I also think she needs some salt Peter ... the stuff they give the soldiers when they can’t have a woman.  All she thinks about is getting laid whether the guy is 20 or 80.  That’s all.  Geeze, they are a bunch of horny bitches.
 

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/21/2020 at 9:59 PM, janiema said:

Ramona is telling Dorinda the things the therapist should be telling Dorinda.

The minute Dorinda said she was having a difficult time with Tinsley because she wanted her to be better/her best and the life coach did not “encourage “(confront) her to ask herself why it was her concern that Tinsley be anything, I knew Dorita would not be doing well. 
 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2020 at 4:30 PM, Hiyo said:

In the same area as Sonja, apparently.

 

Dorinda has a great apartment.  I feel like if she sold Blue Stone Manor, she'd be a lot happier and a lot richer.  It's an old mansion that requires a lot of upkeep.  I'm 52 and have a 4 bedroom house that is about 3500 sq feet and when my teenage daughter moves out, not sure I'd stay. BSM is cash drain on her.   Sell it, keep the NYC apartment.  AirBNB when you want to enjoy some land and a pool.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2020 at 4:30 PM, Hiyo said:

In the same area as Sonja, apparently.

 

Someone explain to me the advantages of living in a hotel?  It seems like an awful lot of money to throw down the tubes.  And in this video, she's moving in her stuff.  Why not buy a place in NYC instead of throwing that money down the tubes?  I read somewhere that it's been rumored she spends $30K a month!  WTF?  Even if I had that kind of money it's ridiculous expenditure.  I could understand more if you were someone that needed to be able to be in and out, therefore you can't rent an apartment for 2 months but seems like a NYC would be a good investment for her.

Edited by sasha206
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I finally watched that clip of the tour of their apartments.  

Dorinda’s apartment looked so much nicer since last season.  She never should have let them film it when she first moved in, because it’s like night and day now that it’s touched up and the wires are hidden.  The only thing about it that I really didn’t like were the big columns running through her living room.  I loved her pastels.  

The funniest part was when Dorinda said she gets out of the bathtub and sits in a chair and watches the river every day.  It was like the tiniest bathroom, and with the chair at that angle, she’d have to crane her neck to see the river through her tiny window.  And I imagine she does that naked, because she said she watches the river when she dries off.  Have fun with that Dorinda!

Tinsley did not seem sober at all in her video.  I almost skipped it because I’m not really curious about her life in a hotel.  But I was roped in when she said twice that her decoration was inspired by her former marriage.  I mean, Topper is remarried, and we know he and his wife have been unhappy with some of the things she’s said in the past on the show, so why would she say that?  Oh yeah, I mentioned she seemed not exactly sober...

Tinsley also has this way of communicating that I have noticed in Sonja that would make it hard for me to be around either of them.  They use words, such as pronouns and verbs, very loosely, so you never know exactly what they’re talking about.  Like, recently in her talking head, Sonja said she will do this or that when she is entertaining “the Saudi prince.”  It is like, “which Saudi prince, Sonja?  I need to be able to check out the veracity of your claims.”  You can’t just say shit and expect people to take it at face value.  I’m not saying this made it ok, but I think this is why Bethenny screamed in Sonja’s face so many times in the past.  You can’t get a bead on what she’s saying and I can only imagine how frustrating it would make communication.  

When Tinsley went on at quite some length about having Goldfish in her fridge—geez, why did I wait so long to watch this!—she said, “I love them so much...I-I-I don’t know what it is...maybe it’s just when you’re a child you hold them in your hand, they’re comforting...this is what I eat.”  Like, is that a sentence?  It was stuttered, it was mumbled, it was rushed, she was speaking in the second person, I didn’t quite get what she was trying to convey.  I mean, when I was a child, did I hold Goldfish in my hand?  No.  With all this fancy education, I would think she would know how to speak in the first person.

The insecure, immature speech makes me kind of understand why Luann lost patience with Tinsley at the dinner in Miami last season when everyone was piling on and Tinsley started drunkenly stuttering at her.  It’s like, if you don’t know how to choose your words, what are you doing coming after someone?  And they have every right to call you on it.  If Tinsley really graduated from Columbia and the degree wasn’t granted with a wink and a nod, then something happened to her cognitive function between then and now.  In this video, the talk about the Goldfish was just one long jagged spoken line, but it bothered me so much, because this is how she is on the show, and this is how she’s always been on the show, and I see why people become impatient with her (not abusive, but impatient, such as my example with Luann above).

Luann’s apartment was so much nicer than Leah’s, no question!!  It was not big.  It was small, but it was kind of perfect.  The floors were gorgeous.  I liked the kitchen.  It was much nicer than I expected it to be.  It looked very expensive.  If Luann actually has a lease on this place and she’s not just subleasing for filming, Luann has a lot more money than I thought she did.  That place cost a pretty penny to decorate and it made all the difference.  I understand what she meant about Leah’s coffee table.  If Leah had a decent coffee table and she had a nice coat of paint on the walls and she just upgraded two or three other things, her apartment would be a hell of a lot nicer.  If she doesn’t care, and Luann puts all this effort in, then I guess she gets to say something in her talking head.  And she said very little.  She didn’t go on and on.  She kind of just rolled her eyes.  

Watching all three of them, it’s strange to think how different they are “in real life” aka when we see them on the show.  It would be hard to explain to anyone that Tinsley is the least drunk out of the three of them.  Then again, I am not sure Luann is a bigger drunk than Tinsley at this point.  Dorinda’s definitely got them both beat.  If Lu is still a huge lush, she’s hiding it really well, so respect for that at least.  

Luann is not bright at all, but she speaks well.  I’m sure it wasn’t easy to learn, as she didn’t come from class, manners and etiquette, but she did learn how to sound like a lady somehow and now she comes across like an educated woman even though she’s not terribly educated, and she’s definitely not from the Ivy League.  I think for that reason alone, I’d rather spend time with Luann than Tinsley.  I wouldn’t constantly trying to figure out what she was saying.  I’d probably figure out she was putting me down the first time around.  😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I guess the whole downtown / uptown / whatever side of town thing doesn’t bother me.  I thought it was actually funny when they listed off the reasons why they go to “that” side of town.   In the town I live in, there is an interstate that bisects the city in half, basically. I say all the time that I’m “scared” to go to the other side of the I-70.  It’s a joke and I really just have no reason to go over to that side because everything I need is on this side.  There’s stuff over there that I don’t even know exists (seriously), and I’m ok with that.  Now, my son’s new middle school is over on the other side, so I’m gonna have to GPS it over to there eventually, but for now I’m just gonna live in my bubble. 
 

That bath house looked creepy, smelly and dirty.  I could see old men hanging out there but it’s a NOPE from me. 

Edited by geauxaway
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

 

Quote

 @LibertarianSlut

I didn’t quite get what she was trying to convey. 

I think Tinsley was talking about comfort food, and how the things we eat as children stay with us as touchstones.  Even though her segment was taped awhile back, it struck a nerve with me because in my first round of WTF pandemic food shopping, I reflexively threw things in my cart - peanut butter cups, red licorice, Campbell's tomato soup -  my version of goldfish crackers: something familiar and safe and outside this upside down and six ways to Sunday moment, this uncertain time where nothing can be known except the comforting taste of a food you first had when you were a little girl, allowed to just eat your snack, without being in charge of everything. 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see Tinsley at the point where alcohol is a problem for her as it is for say, Dorinda or Sonja...

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hiyo said:

I don't see Tinsley at the point where alcohol is a problem for her as it is for say, Dorinda or Sonja...

Agreed.  I remind myself that these are snippets of their lives that we see, heavily edited to no doubt show them at their worst.  Even so, some certainly seem more vulnerable to going all-in than others.  Would we watch a teetotalling version of these shows?  Not sure, but I wouldn't mind viewing that experiment.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size