Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: If You Can't Take the Heat, Get Out of the Russian Bath House

• Start Topic

On 5/23/2020 at 12:54 AM, Mar said:

Wow, now Dorinda has gone after Ramona on Instagram. Ramona has been in Florida for months and recently has posted some videos of herself out at restaurants and socializing, not wearing a mask. This evening she posted this pic of herself going out with a mask, and Dorinda commented...

B62D8AEA-E822-4F65-933D-016A367D2B50.jpeg

Crazy had to snark as she wishes she was there.  Ramona living the life with daughter and Ex, and Dorinda here with broken down house and no John.  Jealous!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Dorinda really has a problem, not sure if it's just drinking too much, but her extra added anger isn't making her any friends. How does Ramona just shrug these attacks off? Does she ignore it and patronize her ( as she did at her cocktail party) because Dorinda really doesn't mean anything to her? Seems to me that's part of it and Dorinda doesn't like it. She lives to try and get a reaction from people.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Dorinda really has a problem, not sure if it's just drinking too much, but her extra added anger isn't making her any friends. How does Ramona just shrug these attacks off? Does she ignore it and patronize her ( as she did at her cocktail party) because Dorinda really doesn't mean anything to her? Seems to me that's part of it and Dorinda doesn't like it. She lives to try and get a reaction from people.

Harassment from 1400 miles away.  I wouldn’t take that shit, show or not.

• Love 9
On 5/21/2020 at 8:58 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I’m sure all of Ramona’s neighbors loved all that yelling and crying in the hallway. 

My college girl was watching with me. She said “looks like my Spring break neighbors at our hotel in lauderdale”. Perfect!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Harassment from 1400 miles away.  I wouldn’t take that shit, show or not.

I agree. And it keeps the focus on them and the show which is what they are all about. I don't know why Ramona thinks being exposed to this is worth it but she does evidently. 

And we all know Ramona can dish it out also. The devolving of civilized behavior Housewives style.

• Love 3

Seems to me that's part of it and Dorinda doesn't like it. She lives to try and get a reaction from people.

Yes, and if she doesn't, she gets all huffy and leaves.

Tinsley, take notes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

After watching previous episodes, this franchise has had it.  There are no husbands, boyfriends, great parties with everyone, interesting places they visit.. everything.  The cornfield was the only place they could find?  The cast alone is not enough.  Fighting, more fighting, and a bully who will soon explode.  So disappointing.

• Love 9

Ramona is a straight up bully! It's like being back in grade school and the 8th grader is constantly picking on a 3rd grader to somehow feel some power over them, and then cries like a baby to then play the victim, while calling the person they pick on the victim. She needs anger management classes. She is completely jealous of Tinsley because Tinsley is prettier and has a better life.

• Love 1
(edited)

My question was:  Why are Goldfish in the fridge?  Does she not realize they don't need to be refrigerated after opening?

For me, I wasn't all that interested in seeing her in her hotel b/c it's a hotel.    It doesn't matter to me that she actually brought in some items of furniture...that were ugly.  If you are bringing furniture into an hotel apartment to make it look more homey, why not buy a place for an actual investment or rent an actual apartment?  

I don't know if she was drunk or not, but as sweet as Tinsely is, she also seems like she can't get out of her "it girl" status years ago.  She's 44 years old and she still dresses/acts like she's 22. 

Dorinda doesn't have to be such a bitch about it, but I can see why the cast would find Tins annoying.  Unless she's just acting for the camera, I don't see a whole lot of substance with her.  I mean, at least the Countess, was a nurse, then model, then before she hooked up with wealth actually ended up a host on an Italian show.   Ramona worked for her wealth.  Sonja, well, she fucked for it but she had a life in NYC before marrying into it.  Did Tinsley do anything other than be born wealthy and marry wealthy?  Any real job after her art history degree?  Or was her job just being a rich, thin blonde who married and divorced well?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Any real job after her art history degree?  Or was her job just being a rich, thin blonde who married and divorced well?

According to Wikipedia, she has a list of things she's done:   Career

21 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

After watching previous episodes, this franchise has had it.  

This show does seem to be on it's last leg.  If they don't make some big changes soon, I'm afraid it will be over.  Thing is, I still like the NYC HWs.  I've given up on the other ones (except for the OC).   I'll stick with the NYC franchise until it's last breath, but they're making it difficult to enjoy! 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

This show does seem to be on it's last leg.  If they don't make some big changes soon, I'm afraid it will be over.  Thing is, I still like the NYC HWs.  I've given up on the other ones (except for the OC).   I'll stick with the NYC franchise until it's last breath, but they're making it difficult to enjoy! 

They have to bring in younger more interesting people.  Show a little bit more of the city.  Museums, the Village, etc. if it’s allowed.  All the drinking constantly is boring.  Some of them just have to go, unfortunately.  This has been the   Worst season ever.  No laughs, no men.  Just Dorinda losing her mind.  That’s entertainment?

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Ah, so  her career has been related to being rich thin blonde "it girl" socialite.  Even her novel, Southern Charm is basically autobiographical --- Southern (read Virginian) girl living in Manhattan!

• Love 3

My brother owned a bar in the 70's and his morning customers were basically drinkers from the 1930's and 40's. I remember a lot of their catchphrases one of which was Dorinda's "I'm not always right but never wrong" thing. A variation was "I was only wrong once in my life but I've thought about it and I was right then too." 

They were a fun group tho'.  Lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

We all have to work with people who are annoying.  We never scream at them.  

It's happened at least twice where I work, and we've all been there for 10+ years together. One of my co-workers can be so overbearing and blame others for mistakes that on at least two occasions a couple of the most calm people have lost it and yelled at her. The best moment was when Minh, the quiet, polite Vietnamese woman had had it and yelled at her, "You never listen to us!" when she kept getting shut down while trying to explain a perceived mistake. We were all shocked and quite pleased with her. Inside, we were thinking "you go, girl!!" It was totally awesome!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Audpaud said:

I remember a lot of their catchphrases one of which was Dorinda's "I'm not always right but never wrong" thing.

Dorinda's way of apologizing would probably be something along the lines of "I'm sorry that you made me mad."  

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Ah, so  her career has been related to being rich thin blonde "it girl" socialite

I would think that she had more qualifications than being a socialite in order to have a line of handbags & clothing;  being a beauty assistant for Vogue; and having a line of housewares!  Since I really don't know much about her though, I'm hoping that she had more artistic input on her designs than Sonja claims to have with her many business ventures! 

This is an aspect of Tinsley's life that I would love to see.  Nobody on the show even asks her about things of this nature.  Dorinda expects her to waltz in and tell them everything about her relationship with Scott, but then I never hear her actually ask Tinsley about anything else going on in her life business-wise.  Dorinda is just focused on her dating life.   Why does she have such a need to know that?  I find that weird. 

• Love 18
(edited)
31 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Why does she have such a need to know that?  I find that weird. 

Dorinda knows that that is one of Tinsdale's sore spots since she so desperately wants to be married. So she pokes and pokes until she screams and gets the reaction she wants. 

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5

Leah and her sister are beautiful. Leah needs to love herself much more- a man trying to send your erotic (hey I LOVE flatbreads) picture to a friend of his is not a gentleman who made a mistake. He’s worthless and needs to be ghosted, end of.

LuAnn is a dumb dim snob. Nice body, great hair, attractive, and dull.

I’ve been anti-Ramona from jump but she’s one of the better cast members for me at the moment.

Tins needed a less orange foundation. You can feel her slipping away during her scenes, and who could blame her? She’s present but absent. Again, who can fault her for armoring herself - staying in a robe with a ton of heavy jewelry and smiling and saying almost nothing - after the cruel, vile, vicious things casually shot at her unnecessarily and in every prior episode?

Elyse is dull and her Page 6 file suggests she’s a fucking criminal who fucked a bunch of criminals. Boring. Brunette is not a personality. She’s as shallow, stupid, inane and tight-faced as anyone on this kind of show.

I resent ever liking anything about Dorinda. She’s dangerous to people around her and so is her pathetic flying monkey, Sonja. Sonja, you’re an older, fatter (not sorry), Gretchen Weiners. Or Grandpa Munster. Either one.

Soooo see you all here next week, right? (Sigh.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
35 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I actually think Tinsley was revealing some pretty serious shit there - that's exactly what her mother has done to her her entire life and it's exactly WHY she's not independent or mature.

Sadly, Dorinda can't read between the lines and figure these kinds of things out.  They want to be critical of Tinsley's Mom, but they don't want to ask her how it makes her feel when her Mom is so overbearing.  It's not Tinsley's fault that her mother is that way.  If Dorinda wants some deeper understanding of Tinsley, you'd think that she'd gently ask her how she feels about the way her Mom treats her, but Dorinda is the bull in the china shop in the social etiquette department.  She has gone from fun and quirky to being mean and bitchy.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Sadly, Dorinda can't read between the lines and figure these kinds of things out.  They want to be critical of Tinsley's Mom, but they don't want to ask her how it makes her feel when her Mom is so overbearing.  It's not Tinsley's fault that her mother is that way.  If Dorinda wants some deeper understanding of Tinsley, you'd think that she'd gently ask her how she feels about the way her Mom treats her, but Dorinda is the bull in the china shop in the social etiquette department.  She has gone from fun and quirky to being mean and bitchy.  

Maybe Dorinda is just as much of an overbearing mean bully mom with her own daughter, so to her, Tinsley is just needlessly whining.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Dorinda's way of apologizing would probably be something along the lines of "I'm sorry that you made me mad."  

I would think that she had more qualifications than being a socialite in order to have a line of handbags & clothing;  being a beauty assistant for Vogue; and having a line of housewares!  Since I really don't know much about her though, I'm hoping that she had more artistic input on her designs than Sonja claims to have with her many business ventures! 

This is an aspect of Tinsley's life that I would love to see.  Nobody on the show even asks her about things of this nature.  Dorinda expects her to waltz in and tell them everything about her relationship with Scott, but then I never hear her actually ask Tinsley about anything else going on in her life business-wise.  Dorinda is just focused on her dating life.   Why does she have such a need to know that?  I find that weird. 

Well, I did see she has a Master's degree in decorative arts from the Cooper Hewitt design museum!  But I feel confident that her being a skinny blonde socialite married to Mortimer helped get her those coveted positions.  That said, she clearly had *something* over other socialites.  Maybe it is the sweetness about her that made her so much different from others?  Whatever the case, she clearly had something that was/is unique about her. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I was really furious when Dorinda made fun of Tinsley for the comment about the curly/straight hair argument with Dale. I actually think Tinsley was revealing some pretty serious shit there - that's exactly what her mother has done to her her entire life and it's exactly WHY she's not independent or mature. Her mother has done a real number on her and she was using that as an example of a larger issue. It was totally on topic and, frankly, a lot more interesting to me than hearing Dorinda talk about BSM or Richard for the 1000th time. It revealed a level of self-awareness that I think should be encouraged and instead Dorinda made fun of her. Gross.

Also, I may not be looking to hang with Tinsley, but no way would I sit there while some other woman berates and bullies her. Wtf was that? Absolutely not. Tinsley is weak, Dorinda knows it, and zeroed in on her and none of these women will do a thing about it. No way I could sit there and watch Dorinda bulldoze someone like that. 

Honestly, this season has been a real bummer and Dorinda is basically making this show unwatchable for me. 

Agreed. And that's why, I am sure, Dorinda used it for one of her cruelest attacks.  For one, because she knows Tins feels vulnerable about it, she knows that she can use it to just that extra special hurtful towards Tinsley. And two, I suspect she sees a lot of herself in Dale - I have zero doubt whatsoever that Dorinda has tried to be as controlling with Hannah as Dale is with Tinsley. So Dorinda wonders if Hannah is saying the same things about Dorinda that Tinsley is saying about Dale. Three, there is a part of me that suspects that Dorinda didn't want Tinsley talking about anything that might make the viewers root for her, because Dorinda wants Tinsley to be her designated victim. (Of course, she doesn't seem to realize that her own actions have made people root for Tinsley more than they would otherwise). 

I don't find Tinsley particularly interesting and there are touches of ridiculousness about her. But her talking about the fact that her mother is still trying to treat her like a little girl at the age of 44 is something real and genuine. The fact that Dorinda is choosing to mock her for it shows what a sociopathic monster she is. 

Quite honestly, if I were Tins, I would have walked away long before the screech-fest at the orchard, and I certainly can't blame her for wanting to stop filming. Who needs that in their lives? Especially if you have wealth of your own, it isn't worth being bullied and then watching people who claim to be your friends enabling the person who is abusing you.  Hard to believe that Ramona is the only one acting appropriately in this situation but by standing up to Dorinda, she at least tried. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Eh, I did my time at Conde Nast and you would generally find young women with great family connections serving as beauty and fashion assistants at all the mags, but especially at Vogue. Particularly during Tinsley's time, which was also my time.

I wasn't happy when Tinsley was cast. We're the same age and I was a hard working young (dirt poor) woman in publishing and media when she was known for being an "It girl" - something which didn't impress me at all. There's still nothing about her that makes me think I'd enjoy spending an extended amount of time with her - she's not independent and she acts like a 6 year old and that's not my thing. That said, she is totally harmless and has grown on me. She has a level of kindness that I admire in her and she displays good manners, which is sadly missing with this crew. I wouldn't go to her for interesting conversation, but I'd rather hang out with her than Dorinda any day of the week. 

I was really furious when Dorinda made fun of Tinsley for the comment about the curly/straight hair argument with Dale. I actually think Tinsley was revealing some pretty serious shit there - that's exactly what her mother has done to her her entire life and it's exactly WHY she's not independent or mature. Her mother has done a real number on her and she was using that as an example of a larger issue. It was totally on topic and, frankly, a lot more interesting to me than hearing Dorinda talk about BSM or Richard for the 1000th time. It revealed a level of self-awareness that I think should be encouraged and instead Dorinda made fun of her. Gross.

Also, I may not be looking to hang with Tinsley, but no way would I sit there while some other woman berates and bullies her. Wtf was that? Absolutely not. Tinsley is weak, Dorinda knows it, and zeroed in on her and none of these women will do a thing about it. No way I could sit there and watch Dorinda bulldoze someone like that. 

Honestly, this season has been a real bummer and Dorinda is basically making this show unwatchable for me. 

Who do you think is responsible for making this show go down hill?  It’s so bad, it looks as if it’s done on purpose.  There’s nothing left to go on.  Drinking, arguing and berating Tinsley.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

But I feel confident that her being a skinny blonde socialite married to Mortimer helped get her those coveted positions.

If I had that going for me, I'd take full advantage of it!!  I don't begrudge her anything.  She seems like a sweet person.  It's too bad that Dorinda ran her off.  

• Love 16
19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

The funniest part was when Dorinda said she gets out of the bathtub and sits in a chair and watches the river every day.  It was like the tiniest bathroom, and with the chair at that angle, she’d have to crane her neck to see the river through her tiny window.  And I imagine she does that naked, because she said she watches the river when she dries off.  Have fun with that Dorinda!

Plus the chair was right in front of the toilet! Just what I want to do, sit 6 inches from my toilet drinking coffee. 😮

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

When Tinsley went on at quite some length about having Goldfish in her fridge—geez, why did I wait so long to watch this!—she said, “I love them so much...I-I-I don’t know what it is...maybe it’s just when you’re a child you hold them in your hand, they’re comforting...this is what I eat.”  Like, is that a sentence?  It was stuttered, it was mumbled, it was rushed, she was speaking in the second person, I didn’t quite get what she was trying to convey.  I mean, when I was a child, did I hold Goldfish in my hand?  No.  With all this fancy education, I would think she would know how to speak in the first person.

I honestly could not get past the fact that she stores her Goldfish crackers in the refrigerator.  Seriously, is this a thing people do?  

The funniest part was when Dorinda said she gets out of the bathtub and sits in a chair and watches the river every day.  It was like the tiniest bathroom, and with the chair at that angle, she’d have to crane her neck to see the river through her tiny window.  And I imagine she does that naked, because she said she watches the river when she dries off.

Don't forget that she has a cup of coffee while she's sitting there too.  I found that a bit pretentious.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

For me, I wasn't all that interested in seeing her in her hotel b/c it's a hotel.    It doesn't matter to me that she actually brought in some items of furniture...that were ugly.  If you are bringing furniture into an hotel apartment to make it look more homey, why not buy a place for an actual investment or rent an actual apartment?  

If she's only there a couple months of the year, I can see staying in a hotel.  Tinsley also told us last season, I think, that she prefers a hotel because they have 24/7 room service and a concierge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I honestly could not get past the fact that she stores her Goldfish crackers in the refrigerator.  Seriously, is this a thing people do?  

Maybe she likes them cold or they seem fresher to her?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

If I had that going for me, I'd take full advantage of it!!  I don't begrudge her anything.  She seems like a sweet person.  It's too bad that Dorinda ran her off.  

I don't begrudge her for that either.  She smartly capitalized on her looks and her personality.  

• Love 8
On 5/21/2020 at 9:20 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dorinda's solution to her problems:  "Be more selfish".

Um, I think maybe the plot was lost somewhere.

Life Coach:  "Dorinda is the nurturer".  Yeah.  Of what?  Her own demons?

After my initial "HUH?!?!?!" ... it DID make me wonder if she actually WAS a "nurturer" to those she truly loved...those in her immediate family & her REAL friends in 'real life.'  (I'm sorry to say this probably excludes the batch of women she films with...)

Dorinda remains an enigma.  But I would not discount her innate intelligence.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Dorinda is much too invested in controlling Tinsley’s life.

Maybe she should concentrate on getting a life of her own.

Where’s all her high n mighty big shot friends when she was married to RICHARD ?   If there were any, they probably dumped her.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Dorinda has had big fights with Luann, Bethany, Sonja, Heather and Ramona. There is usually a tearful apology the next day or like last night, she was hugging it out with Ramona in the hallway a few minutes later. We have yet to see any apology to Tinsley, unless I'm forgetting?

Very true. I know all the women at one point or other have fought with another...but RE: Dorinda, I feel like if I were her, I'd have stopped drinking full stop after the rude dinner with Bethenny and the relief /charity org crew. She was unhinged and that was super embarrassing on her part.  She has passed her low point. All the connections she has from her lifestyle of days gone by, should be severed. Anyone in the political world should distance themselves from her for sure. 

She's going to have to do more than pet an "emotionally abused" goat or two to come back from this. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 2

It’s interesting how Ramona tried to remember everything she knows about conflict resolution. She prefaced her statement with 

I love you

I have nothing but the utmost respect for you

I know that I’m far from perfect

I love you

I’ve made a lot of mistakes myself

I love you

But she could have skipped it all. Dorinda only heard what she wanted to hear. 

• Love 17
56 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’s interesting how Ramona tried to remember everything she knows about conflict resolution. She prefaced her statement with 

I love you

I have nothing but the utmost respect for you

I know that I’m far from perfect

I love you

I’ve made a lot of mistakes myself

I love you

But she could have skipped it all. Dorinda only heard what she wanted to hear. 

In early, early seasons Ramona talks a lot about the work she did to recover from her abusive childhood, and it is times like these that it shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Quite honestly, if I were Tins, I would have walked away long before the screech-fest at the orchard, and I certainly can't blame her for wanting to stop filming. Who needs that in their lives? Especially if you have wealth of your own, it isn't worth being bullied and then watching people who claim to be your friends enabling the person who is abusing you.  Hard to believe that Ramona is the only one acting appropriately in this situation but by standing up to Dorinda, she at least tried. 

It is unbelievable when Ramona is the voice of reason. That just goes to show you how bad the situation has become.

Tinsley is fully justified i walking away. I really hope it works out for her and Scott. That would be her best revenge on all of these hags. 

• Love 9

Finally, Dorinda’s reputation has gone down the toilet.  I’d love to have been a fly on the wall when John DUMPED HER !!!!!!  The guy deserves a medal for carrying her drunken ass home many nights.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sadly, Dorinda can't read between the lines and figure these kinds of things out. 

Like when she was at Ramona's gathering and was performing to Ramona's friends (really, what other word is there besides performing?), trying to get them to see how horrible Ramona was, and none of Ramona's friends took the bait? A few of them even had a look of "Bitch, do you really think I'm going to turn on Ramona and start agreeing with you?"

Sonja was just as bad, trying to to get back at Ramona with the dress ("I got you the LARGE size because the MEDIUM wouldn't fit you so here is the LARGE dress that might fit you because the MEDIUM won't fit you but the MEDIUM fits me because I am a size MEDIUM and I can wear the MEDIUM size but you can't Ramona because you are a size LARGE!").

I wouldn't be surprised if Sonja and Dorinda planned it out in advance.

Dorinda remains an enigma

An enigma wrapped in a bully, wrapped in a mean drunk...and I say this as someone who genuinely really liked Dorinda.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 19

Dorinda .. the hypocrite.  She goes to church with her prayer beads and prays for herself.  What good Christian badgers the weaker and innocents?  Good Christians help one another, not knock them down.  Phoney pompous person.  She’ll go down kicking and screaming tho.  She’ll make her exit like the actress she is.  Boo hoo.

• Love 13
(edited)
17 hours ago, izabella said:

If she's only there a couple months of the year, I can see staying in a hotel.  Tinsley also told us last season, I think, that she prefers a hotel because they have 24/7 room service and a concierge.

I get it if you are only there a couple of months. I don't get moving in furniture if you are only there for a couple of months.

And wow, needing 24/7 room service and the concierge in the city that never slept until COVID really is the epitome of never having to worry about money.  Does she have some sort of settlement that never ends?  Where her parents that rich?  I'd always worry the bottom was going to drop out.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
On 5/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, ChitChat said:

I guess I wasn't really paying attention that closely because I thought Ramona looked nice in that dress. 

Well, that proves you weren't really paying attention that closely.  😄

On 5/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Luann is not bright at all, but she speaks well.  I’m sure it wasn’t easy to learn, as she didn’t come from class, manners and etiquette, but she did learn how to sound like a lady somehow and now she comes across like an educated woman even though she’s not terribly educated, and she’s definitely not from the Ivy League.  I think for that reason alone, I’d rather spend time with Luann than Tinsley.  I wouldn’t constantly trying to figure out what she was saying.  I’d probably figure out she was putting me down the first time around.  😉

Good point. 

Luann can be so obnoxious, but I still remember a scene where she and Carole were in a boat fishing, and I was shocked to realize that I would have liked to have been in that boat with them.  

On 5/24/2020 at 8:25 AM, Silver Bells said:

Fighting, more fighting, and a bully who will soon explode.  So disappointing.

I'm kind of looking forward to the bully exploding, though.

I'm afraid this is like the house hunter shows, with the manufactured storylines.  I always yell about how they're not necessary--just show us the houses!  But some TV channel in Los Angeles has a program that just shows houses, and I'm horrified to admit that it's boring.

16 hours ago, izabella said:

Tinsley also told us last season, I think, that she prefers a hotel because they have 24/7 room service and a concierge.

In the video, she cited having a bar downstairs as a benefit.  Don't even have to go outside to drink.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, nexxie said:

Just watched this episode again because I missed part of the final event at Ramona’s. It really seemed as if Dorinda came with the purpose of punishing Ramona - a la LVP. It was sickening to see them all hug her for the abuse.

I think the whole storm in, vent, meltdown and drunk kiss and make up gives us some insight as to how Dorinda and John operated all those years. She is just transferring it to Ramona. ding ding ding! 

Also, I paused my DVR (for all of you find people I took one for the team) and investigated the contents of Ramona's nightstand: a Madame Paulette spot kit, some make up bag with Cover/FX in it AND HER DIVORCE PAPERS! That's why there are not condoms in there, she is still in love with Mario. I see her at night reading it and crying  (croying!). 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Also, I paused my DVR (for all of you find people I took one for the team) and investigated the contents of Ramona's nightstand: a Madame Paulette spot kit, some make up bag with Cover/FX in it AND HER DIVORCE PAPERS! That's why there are not condoms in there, she is still in love with Mario. I see her at night reading it and crying  (croying!). 

So Ramona took something from John (spot kit) and still only has nasty stuff to say about him.

Just like Dorinda.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think the whole storm in, vent, meltdown and drunk kiss and make up gives us some insight as to how Dorinda and John operated all those years. She is just transferring it to Ramona. ding ding ding! 

I paused my DVR because I wanted to snoop and see what rich people keep in their nightstand drawers😅.  I also noticed those divorce papers and instantly got a picture in my mind of Ramona guzzling a glass of wine while clutching those papers to her breast and crying night after night....  😞  

Dorinda must have 'watched' this season while loudly and drunkenly blabbing and explaining the whole hour away to whoever is with her (or to the walls).  Because if she'd really watched herself this season she'd be crouching in the back of her closet in shock and texting ''I'm sorry!" "I'm sorry!"  to the world.  She must stay drunk or semi drunk to live with herself these days.  

• Love 4

Humor me here for a minute and suspend your disbelief. So ... Dorinda met Richard because she was his realtor, or so the story goes.

I cannot recall any instances on the show where she mentioned her real estate background. You'd think that with all of the conversations about houses, renos, apartments, etc., she would have thrown her sixty cents in. That makes me curious as to whether or not that's even a true story.

Why doesn't she get back into real estate? It's an honest way to make lots of money, if you work hard enough and even if Dorinda didn't hustle that much, she could earn some decent coin and rub elbows with the type of people she aspires to be. 

It would get her out of the house, real estate is a very social occupation and even if she sold only a few high-ticket UES listings she could earn enough to live very, very comfortably.

I don't pretend to know the hierarchy of NYC real estate plus, given Doris's current mental condition as well as the heavy drinking, it wouldn't be feasible right now. Or, if ever.

What probably really happened is that Richard was a client who attended Doriinda's aerobics classes. Even the 1% has to stay in shape! That's how she really met him.

And ... I honestly don't care what happens to that drunken bitter harpy. She has quickly fallen from being my favorite to that I almost dislike her as much as I disliked Bethenny and that is pretty close to the hate pile.

I used to feel bad for Dorinda because of her obvious alcoholism but not any longer. She has the resources to seek help and a support system who would stand by her. Seeing what happened with Luann probably scared the shit out of her, but wasn't enough for her to examine her own drinking and behavior patterns.  Any hope retrospection or self-loathing has now been replaced by denial and delusion. 

The way Dorinda treats Tinsley is deplorable. Tinsley needs to grow a backbone and practice her boxing skill by giving that sloppy drunken shrew a good right (and left) hook!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, that proves you weren't really paying attention that closely. 

I might need to go have my eyes checked!!  

1 hour ago, stcroix said:

because if she'd really watched herself this season she'd be crouching in the back of her closet in shock and texting ''I'm sorry!" "I'm sorry!" 

I don't think she sees any of her behavior on this show as negative.  Everybody was making fun of  her over "Jovani," but she seemed ready to defend that to the death to anybody that dared question her motive behind it!  

1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

The way Dorinda treats Tinsley is deplorable. Tinsley needs to grow a backbone and practice her boxing skill by giving that sloppy drunken shrew a good right (and left) hook!

As much as I'd like to see that happen, all of the sympathy would then turn right back to Dorinda and she'd milk it for all it was worth!  I was proud of Tinsley for not engaging her at the Russian spa.  Let Dorinda sit there and foam at the mouth over Tinsley.  It reinforces to the viewers just how obnoxious her behavior is.   You can't win with Dorinda anyway.  

• Love 7
22 hours ago, ichbin said:

Don't forget that she has a cup of coffee while she's sitting there too.  I found that a bit pretentious.   

I looked up her bio and it said “Socialite” ... “Entrepreneur”.   I think she had some cashmere sweater factory or something awhile back.  Does she have a degree from anywhere?

• Love 1

Sonja is really irking me this season. She just piles on. She’s doing and saying the same vulgar, disgusting stuff. Stuffing free food in her mouth at every opportunity. And she looks really, really bad. She’s not justifying even a fraction of her paycheck. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Humor me here for a minute and suspend your disbelief. So ... Dorinda met Richard because she was his realtor, or so the story goes.

I cannot recall any instances on the show where she mentioned her real estate background. You'd think that with all of the conversations about houses, renos, apartments, etc., she would have thrown her sixty cents in. That makes me curious as to whether or not that's even a true story.

Why doesn't she get back into real estate? It's an honest way to make lots of money, if you work hard enough and even if Dorinda didn't hustle that much, she could earn some decent coin and rub elbows with the type of people she aspires to be. 

It would get her out of the house, real estate is a very social occupation and even if she sold only a few high-ticket UES listings she could earn enough to live very, very comfortably.

I don't pretend to know the hierarchy of NYC real estate plus, given Doris's current mental condition as well as the heavy drinking, it wouldn't be feasible right now. Or, if ever.

What probably really happened is that Richard was a client who attended Doriinda's aerobics classes. Even the 1% has to stay in shape! That's how she really met him.

And ... I honestly don't care what happens to that drunken bitter harpy. She has quickly fallen from being my favorite to that I almost dislike her as much as I disliked Bethenny and that is pretty close to the hate pile.

I used to feel bad for Dorinda because of her obvious alcoholism but not any longer. She has the resources to seek help and a support system who would stand by her. Seeing what happened with Luann probably scared the shit out of her, but wasn't enough for her to examine her own drinking and behavior patterns.  Any hope retrospection or self-loathing has now been replaced by denial and delusion. 

You have to be alert, informed and no afternoon naps in the afternoon to show N.Y. Real Estate.  Apparently, this job at Bravo is enough for her.  She can drink all day long, take a nap and still get paid well when they film.  Besides, I read her net worth was in the millions.  Maybe she’ll get an old cocker like AnnA Nicole Smith got.  I repeated “afternoon” twice up there.  Can’t fix it.