Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: If You Can't Take the Heat, Get Out of the Russian Bath House

• Start Topic

Stressed out by the tension between the group, Leah arranges a spa day at a Russian bath house; Dorinda and Tinsley call a truce, while Ramona confronts Dorinda about her anger issues.

Airs May 21, 2020.

• Love 1

Did anyone listen to Danny Pellegrino’s Everything Iconic podcast with Leah last week? Leah said that she (Leah) and Dorinda are the only cast members who live on Earth and everyone (emphasis on everyone) else is essentially on another planet. I thought that was insightful.

Tinsley is in fact, annoying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Omg Dorinda and Luann talking about how they never go downtown!  Disgusting.

12 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Did anyone listen to Danny Pellegrino’s Everything Iconic podcast with Leah last week? Leah said that she (Leah) and Dorinda are the only cast members who live on Earth and everyone (emphasis on everyone) else is essentially on another planet. I thought that was insightful.

Dorinda won't even go South of Canal Street.

• Love 15

I’m beginning to think of why Ramona constantly keeps searching for dates. Once they see her eat there’s never a second date. Talking and chewing with you mouth open (or food falling out) is gross 

• LOL 10
  • Love 10

Leah is right that Tinsley should respond more strongly to Dorinda, and Luann is right that she shouldn’t be screeching.  When Tinsley felt the need to stand up at the table at the sidewalk cafe with just Leah and Luann, I started thinking this isn’t going to bode well.  

Tinsley needs to find a style.  She is not going to be able to have the same exact style of confrontation as Luann or Leah, but she needs to find a way to have a way to be assertive with other adult woman.  I don’t care about Dorinda.  She can fall off the face of the earth tomorrow.  There will always be a “Dorinda” in Tinsley’s life if she doesn’t learn this skill.  Does she want Dale to still boss her around in her fifties?  Because Dale is absolutely not going to change.  Tinsley has to do this if she wants things to be different.  

Tinsley should be in serious therapy, because she could stand to gain a lot from it.  The rest seem a little too set in their ways or pickled in the brain to be affected by someone’s advice.  And Dorinda and that yes-man?  No words.  All I learned from that exchange was that Richard was not a good looking man.  

So when Sonja was saying that she realized that she couldn’t be drunk in public at the orchard, but she could be drunk on a girls’ trip and usually they would be on a girls’ trip, I realized this is right around the time of the season that they would have gone to Blue Stone Manor, except it fell apart and Dorinda couldn’t afford to keep it up.  So...Sonja thinks her behavior at BSM was ok in the past?  What part?  Raising and lowering Ramona’s 17 year old dog over her head repeatedly?  Or threatening Barbara with a beating if she made out with Sonja’s girlfriend, Bethenny?

Maybe Dorinda really doesn’t know who Mao Zhedong was.  She compared the spa to a “Hamas,” which is a terrorist group.  What was this globe-trotting Richard even doing with her?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 20

This group of women is pretty provincial for all the "traveling" they have done. Everything is strange and different and scary when it's not in the city or the Hamptons. Maybe Lou isn't as bad as the rest ugh.

• Love 19
(edited)

That is a true Russian bathhouse.  Not some froufrou establishment they usually frequent.  After the treatment the Russian men sit around, chat, drink and eat.  Those were big shots.

Even if you do think Tinsley is annoying, that doesn’t give you license to say she sleeps with people for money and luxury items and that she’s stupid.  This episode you can see Tinsley is starting to check out.  Can’t blame her.

Dorinda is finally going to think about herself.  Was she so busy taking care of Hannah for 9 years?  Her husband provided for her financially since they married and he continued to do so after his death.  My sister was  diagnosed with cancer.  Then her husband died of a widow maker while at work.  Since then she has continued to work so she has insurance, even though she only weighs 90 pounds.  Still, she isn’t nasty and and doesn’t feel sorry for herself.  Take that bitch.  I’m hoping to feel some schadenfreude about Dorinda.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 24

She specifically brings her phone out to play a word to insult someone but it’s the other person who’s the bad one? Dorinda Mentally abuses people she would be that spouse that didn’t hit you but just beat you down mentally so you know you are nothing and she is everything   

• Love 19
(edited)

Dorinda wants to get rid of the hysterics of her life? She's got a hell of a long way to go.

And from that fight, what she really wants is for people to just obediently agree with her... sorry 'support' her.

Edited by Andi27
  • Love 19