Type keyword(s) to search

Rosie O'Donnell: She's Back! (Bite it, Bitsy!)

Jaded
  • Start Topic

There must be more to it than that, Shelley1005.  Perhaps it's a "secret message" to her daughter--or why not just say it's one of her kids' favorites?

Doubtful there is more to it.  Rosie has always been like that.  When she likes something....she gushes about it and can talk about it in an OCD way.  

• Love 2

Her youngest daughter is still young enough not to care that one of her Moms talks about her on TV. Maybe she's respecting the privacy of her other kids by not talking about them as much on TV. My first thought was it's probably a video her daughter likes a lot and probably watches it almost daily. I remember when Rosie was on The View before she said her kids didn't watch TV because of the school they went to had it in their agreement or something. 

"That" video.  Rosie mentioned it again today...and it was a real sales pitch, including a commemorative plate.  She didn't mention that it's a 2005 release.  I assume she was attempting subtlety the first two times she "briefly" mentioned it. Another drinking game subject.

• Love 1

There must be more to it than that, Shelley1005.  Perhaps it's a "secret message" to her daughter--or why not just say it's one of her kids' favorites?

Don't quote me on it, but I think it's because the Tinker Bell series was cut short because the last movie (the one she keeps mentioning) had low sales? So they only have one movie left because it was already too far in the making to cancel. I believe she's hoping giving it free advertisement might help keep the series alive since it's one of her daughter's favorites.

• Love 2

Frozen?  Tinkerbell?  All of the above? laughs

When my daughter was very little she would go in obsessive streaks with Disney and other children's movies, back in the day I could quote them all verbatim.  I think a lot of us went through that stage with our little ones.

• Love 4

Rosie tweeted a pic of her niece with Amanda Bynes, and said she was always kind and loves her.  I think one of the best things about Rosie is her compassion and kindness.  She might be difficult, but in the end she is a good person.

• Love 10

I had just went to her website to send a supportive comment because I'm sure there are plenty of negative ones about to come out of the woodwork, and I noticed someone else had asked her the other day about whether the rumors that she's unhappy are true. She said she was uncomfortable, but not unhappy.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

I don't think this return is turning out to be anything like she expected. She probably didn't think Whoopi would be this hard to work with for starters. I feel bad for her because she seemed so excited when the season first started.

• Love 8

Rosie shared her opinion of a guest:

Rosie@Rosie  · 8 hrs8 hours ago

I vote LAVERNE COX - as the 5th host permanently #TheView

And this , when asked if she was purposely being quiet on the show:

Rosie@Rosie  · 18 hrs18 hours ago

@emge010 - I am trying to b non reactive to triggers

• Love 1

Just saw this.  She is having a really hard time.  Which makes me sad, too

nextiteration this post was gut wrenching and heart breaking.  I had to stop reading the comment section.  So much pain and agony.

It has clearly been a confounding and heartbreaking couple of weeks for RO and it really doesn't look like the rest of the gals on the panel are terribly supportive of her.

I would love for her to stay on the show as right now she is the one real person I see.  The rest are 'media' creatures, enjoyable in their way and smart enough to add some good thoughts to discussions, but basically showing the 'right' side.  RO shows her real side and I appreciate it even if it is raw at times.

• Love 9

I was very sad to read what the Bill Cosby story triggered in Rosie. I expect it triggered something similar in many women -- the suffocating sense you must not speak up. I hadn't thought about that until Rosie mentioned in. She has much to contribute to our understandings of things (or at least my understanding of things.)

• Love 11

I don't think this return is turning out to be anything like she expected. She probably didn't think Whoopi would be this hard to work with for starters. I feel bad for her because she seemed so excited when the season first started.

I agree.  It certainly hasn't been anything like I expected either when I heard RO was returning to this show. .   Before that I was done, done, done with The Spew and only returned as a viewer when I heard she was coming back.    I was excited too.    I had no idea Whoopi was going to hijack the thing. 

Thank you to the posters here who remind to read RO's blog.  I used to read it all the time when she wasn't on TV and now that she is I forget how much I liked hearing what she has to say - without Whoopi cutting her off.   I never thought about the Cosby story being a trigger and clearly going by the comments on her blog she is not alone.  Now I understand her pained look while Whoopi was ranting on and on about Cosby's accusers and how she would like to question them herself.  Besides being an idiot, Whoopi was being really insensitive at best, an asshole at worst,  to the woman sitting across the table to her.

Part of me wants RO to stick it out on the show and not let Whoopi run her off.  But the other part, that part that's been a Rosie O'Donnell fan since her own show, doesn't want her to subject herself to the aggravation of working there.    I do know that if RO goes and Whoopi stays, I'll be glad to give up watching this mess. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Cindy Adams' Page Six column in the New York Post yesterday had a one liner speculation in it :

"Rosie O’Donnell adding another child to her brood? . . ."

That'd make it six, right? She really loves baby. A former co-worker of mine met Rosie at a cousin's wedding over the Summer. She had her toddler son with her. She said Rosie was quite taken with the baby and wanted to hold him. My friend let her, but her son was having none of that and eventually squirmed away from her. Maybe, because Rosie comes from a big family she wants one?

• Love 1

Im watching Letterman now.... this is Rosie's 2nd segment..... the first segment was all about discussions on The View.... it was an amazing discussion... it is a real shame that those type of discussions are not allowed to happen on The View.

I would really like to have some serious conversations with Rosie..... I bet she is a great friend

• Love 7

I saw her interview on Letterman. She was really great. What she said about The View, including the pokes at Letterman that he'd be great for the show since he agreed with her, make it seem like she self-aware of how she comes across to other people. Hearing more about what happened with her heart attack was interesting, too. I'll be honest, her original talk show and most of her first years on The View were both while I was younger, so I didn't have much impression of her other than I thought she was treated really badly when on The View (by the show itself, Barbara, and the media). Now that I've watched her on The View for a few months and on Letterman, I'd say I'm a fan--with a small F right now. I get why she can be polarizing, but she seems like a sweet person and has a lot of conviction in everything she does or says.

• Love 6

I really enjoyed Rosie on Letterman, thank you for the heads up on this thread.   It was obvious Dave really likes RO too and the conversation was good.  I never heard RO speak about her heart attack that long without someone interrupting her (I think I first saw her talk about it as a guest on The Spew with Babs and company) and found it informative and scary. 

• Love 3

I haven't seen the whole episode yet (just snippets on YouTube), but I was pleasantly surprised to hear she was going on Letterman. I remember a few years ago when she first got married again he made a really cheap hacky lesbian joke about her (nothing super offensive, just something really cliché and lame), and she said she was never gonna do his show again and that he got too mean.

I haven't seen the whole episode yet (just snippets on YouTube), but I was pleasantly surprised to hear she was going on Letterman. I remember a few years ago when she first got married again he made a really cheap hacky lesbian joke about her (nothing super offensive, just something really cliché and lame), and she said she was never gonna do his show again and that he got too mean.

Interesting.  Maybe they bonded over their heart conditions?  I didn't know about the past experiences on the show but going by just Thursday night I'd say they really like each other now. 

Interesting.  Maybe they bonded over their heart conditions?  I didn't know about the past experiences on the show but going by just Thursday night I'd say they really like each other now. 

They did, I didn't have the patience to make it through all the holeymoley commercials to see the entire interview, not for nothing, I wish you could log on through your ISP and avoid some of that crap.

At least I know she heard me.... Rosie retweeted my post to her...

Rosie retweeted
RogerFromOhio @RogerFromOhio  ·  8h 8 hours ago

@Rosie During the important discussions next week....dont let them silence you any more...cops asked for no protests then protest themselves

• Love 11

Aw, thank you so very much @imgagain.  It has to do with a few similar life experiences and being exactly one week younger than she is, battling weight issues, PTSD from childhood abuse, and lots of other stuff..  But she, more than any other public person, seems to have risen so far above so much of the same garbage that I experienced and soared.  That makes me so happy. :)  She provides motivation. 

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 7

stewedsquash, I may be mistaken but I think the title came from last summer when it was announced that RO was joining) and Bits was indeed  making some spiteful, rehashed remarks about RO [re]joining the show.  A sample: (the first thing that came up on a quick Google search)  

Hasselbeck reignited the duo’s long-running feud last week when she spoke out about O’Donnell’s impending “View” return during a call-in on “Fox & Friends'” July 10 episode.

“Talk about not securing the border,” Hasselbeck said to her “Fox & Friends” co-hosts. “Here in comes to ‘The View’ the very woman who spit in the face of our military, spit in the face of her own network, and, really, in the face of a person who stood by her and had civilized debates for the time that she was there — coming back with a bunch of control, ready to regain a seat at ‘The View’ table. Not surprising, I think that it’s been in the works for a long time.”

My favorite part though was her, "Here in comes to The View..."   which is exactly the kind of word salad grammar I associate with Hasselbeck.    I'm just glad that Bitsy finally found a place where they appreciate that kind of broadcasting and I'm equally glad that her show comes on at 3:00 am here so I will never see it except maybe on some clips used by Jon Stewart.   

ETA:  Here is a better one with the full quote  and maybe where the thread title came from:   Elisabeth Hasselbeck is Livid About Rosie O'Donnell's Return To 'The View'  

"What could ruin a vacation more than to hear news like this?" Hasselbeck said. "Here comes to 'The View' the very woman who spit in the face of our military, spit in the face of her own network, and really in the face of a person who stood by her and had civilized debates for the time that she was there.

Hahaha, she let it "ruin her vacation" and actually called into the Fox show to make this comment.  Doesn't sound like she's moved on very far in the past seven years.  Shocker. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10

Bite it Bitsy is spiteful. and I think it's perfect.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck refused to acknowledge what Rosie was saying in 2007 and then smirked her way on for years before she landed on Fox and Friends.

Rosie never called American Troops terrorists, she merely asked the people tto put themselves in the shoes of the Iraqis and ask that they try to understand what their feelings might have been about us, you know, Shock and Awing their secular country.

Bitsy? Was incapable of looking at things from more that one point of view, and that is what drove Ro nuts and skyrocketed Bitsy to her eventual seat at FuxSnooze.

• Love 12

I think they are both fine with where they are and the Bite it Bitsy just seems spiteful, where I don't think spiteful exists with them anymore.

Having heard Bitsy's animated comments on Rosie's return to the show last summer (calling into her show while she was on vacation, no less) complete with bizarre allegations about Rosie "producing" Bawa's last show, and her attempts on that call to stir shit up between Rosie and Whoopi, I would not agree. YMMV.

• Love 4

I agree she is a good role model for overcoming obstacles and a champion for adoption.

I wish the title of this thread wasn't what it was. Rosie left. Elizabeth has moved on and is happy where she is and seems to be well liked by people she works with (at Fox and other places). Rosie is back and finding her groove. I think they are both fine with where they are and the Bite it Bitsy just seems spiteful, where I don't think spiteful exists with them anymore. 

But what the hell do I know?? Haha.

Put those 2 together and it could become Rosie O'Donnell: She has her grove on

I agree stewedsquash... the back and forth we expected with Bitsy just didnt happen..... she is irrelevant to this show any more and the title of the thread should be more positive.

What do the mods think??