Type keyword(s) to search

Rosie O'Donnell: She's Back! (Bite it, Bitsy!)

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Considering one of the first reactions to the news of Rosie's return was Elisabeth's bitter, call-in meltdown, I think the title is fitting. Of course, a title I hope will fit in the future would be: "Rosie O'Donnell: She's staying! (Bite it, Whoopi!)" But you lose the alliteration.

• Love 6

stewedsquash, I may be mistaken but I think the title came from last summer when it was announced that RO was joining) and Bits was indeed making some spiteful, rehashed remarks about RO [re]joining the show. A sample: (the first thing that came up on a quick Google search)

My favorite part though was her, "Here in comes to The View..." which is exactly the kind of word salad grammar I associate with Hasselbeck. I'm just glad that Bitsy finally found a place where they appreciate that kind of broadcasting and I'm equally glad that her show comes on at 3:00 am here so I will never see it except maybe on some clips used by Jon Stewart.

ETA: Here is a better one with the full quote and maybe where the thread title came from: Elisabeth Hasselbeck is Livid About Rosie O'Donnell's Return To 'The View'

Hahaha, she let it "ruin her vacation" and actually called into the Fox show to make this comment. Doesn't sound like she's moved on very far in the past seven years. Shocker.

Yup, the thread title was derived from Bitsy's own ugly, spiteful behavior and her attempts to badmouth RO right from the get-go and get press for herself by once again riding Rosie's coat tails, stirring sh*t up and attempting to open old wounds. I think the thread title is perfect just the way it is, at least for now.

• Love 2

I don't think Rosie P is the problem. I believe there was on day in the Fall that Whoopi was absent, but the other three were there and Rosie O seemed relaxed like she is now. From what I remember, even Rosie P seemed more relaxed with Whoopi gone--less stuttering over her words. If Whoopi returns for next season, I really wouldn't blame Rosie O for leaving (if she does). While it would be a loss for me as the viewer, I know if I was in the same position, there's no way I'd put myself on tenterhooks every day for money I don't really need. Of course, Rosie O may just enjoy the talk show work--getting to talk with others and entertain an audience.

• Love 4

I sent this tweet to Rosie..... I hope she sees it

@Rosie I thought you needed to see this... Frozen meets Michael Jackson Thriller

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=801996373169819&fref=nf

Someone sent that link to her on "Ask Ro".  She wants to know who made the video.  If you can find that out, Roger, she will probably get you tickets to the show, maybe even spring for airfare.

Edited by Fisher King

Work affects everyone's relationships in some ways, but that racism fight was awhile ago now, and judging from her blog it seems Rosie is resigned that she'll be soon off the show anyways.

• Love 4

DEAR DISNEY - please allow me to host the first FROZEN cruise !!!! I beg of u ! @Lulamaybelle

It would appear that Rosie wants to do this.  (Would that ever piss Whoopi off!!)

I am sick of Frozen!! However, I think Rosie would be an excellent choice.

• Love 2

Rosie gets into it on Twitter with WoC feminists

Basically Rosie praised Eve Ensler, some WoC feminists called out Eve Ensler for erasing WoC and trans voices from the Vagina Monologues, Rosie then proceeds to, IMO, show her ass.  Whether those people on Twitter were right or wrong to come at Rosie for fangirling Eve Ensler, Rosie claiming she does more for WoC than actual WoC and posting a picture of herself with Black kids to show how not racist she is is not a good look IMO.

Rosie may be better than Whoopi on The View, but she can, in her own way IMO, be as tone deaf and willfully ignorant as Whoopi.

• Love 3

That's not how I read that Twitter exchange at all but it cracks me up that trash tabloids (and other outlets) create news stories off celebrity Twitter accounts and pretend that's somehow journalism.    Honestly, the crackpots come at RO on the regular - and I think it's mostly just hoping to cause the kind of stir that will bring them some sort of publicity. 

• Love 5

People have had problems with Eve Ensler for years and some of the folks who confronted Rosie aren't unknowns in activist circles.  I don't get how when anyone who has a complaint about a celebrity or points out if they think the celeb is wrong they're trying to get famous or notoriety.  Or even the old classic standby, just jealous.  Rosie could have easily not given the "haters" attention by ignoring or blocking them.  Rosie wasn't exactly a passive participant.

Rosie didn't just disagree, she told a woman of color that her white ass has done more for WoC and I felt she was being purposely obtuse when she claimed she couldn't understand the Storify of folks complaints about Eve Ensler.

I can see why maybe Rosie and Whoopi don't get along, they're much more alike than they, or their fans, realize. 

IMO, of course.

• Love 1

According to Buzzfeed, Rosie is leaving next week -- and is separated from her wife Michelle:

ABC confirmed her departure from the talk show in a statement.

Rosie is an immensely talented star who comes in each and every morning brimming with ideas, excitement and passion for the show,” it said. “When she told us she wanted to exit ‘The View,’ we respected and understood her desire to put her well-being and her family first. We’re delighted she’s still part of the ABC family with upcoming guest appearances on ‘The Fosters,’ and we know she’ll return to ‘The View’ often with her unique point of view and updates on her work and her family.

• Love 4

I

According to Buzzfeed, Rosie is leaving next week -- and is separated from her wife Michelle:

ABC confirmed her departure from the talk show in a statement.

Rosie is an immensely talented star who comes in each and every morning brimming with ideas, excitement and passion for the show,” it said. “When she told us she wanted to exit ‘The View,’ we respected and understood her desire to put her well-being and her family first. We’re delighted she’s still part of the ABC family with upcoming guest appearances on ‘The Fosters,’ and we know she’ll return to ‘The View’ often with her unique point of view and updates on her work and her family.

I just saw that Jakey, it looks like Page Six 'broke' the news.   Someone posted it on the show thread.   

I'm sorry she's leaving the show, not that I blame her, but I'm really sorry she has been having a much tougher time than the viewers knew.  Anyone that's been through a divorce/separation knows how stressful that can be by itself but then when your workplace is a pain in the ass too there gets to be a point where it's just not worth it. 

• Love 10

I hope they give her a send-off. I know it's silly because this tenure was even shorter than her last one, but she didn't GET one last time. I'm sadder about this departure even though this one didn't involve personal attacks or a split-screen.

• Love 7

I just saw that Jakey, it looks like Page Six 'broke' the news. Someone posted it on the show thread.

I'm sorry she's leaving the show, not that I blame her, but I'm really sorry she has been having a much tougher time than the viewers knew. Anyone that's been through a divorce/separation knows how stressful that can be by itself but then when your workplace is a pain in the ass too there gets to be a point where it's just not worth it.

Well shit. That makes me incredibly sad for her. I'd wondered why she hadn't mentioned her wife at all that I can recall after the first month or so. Now we know why.

After loyally watching almost from the beginning I finally gave up on the show altogether a few years ago. I only came back for RO. If she's gone I'm gone.

Edited by TribbleTrouble
  • Love 11

Well shit. That makes me incredibly sad for her. I'd wondered why she hadn't mentioned her wife at all that I can recall after the first month or so. Now we know why.

After loyally watching almost from the beginning I finally gave up on the show altogether a few years ago. I only came back for RO. If she's gone I'm gone.

Me too. I had stopped watching for a couple of years and I came back pretty much just for Rosie. 

• Love 5

Personally, I think the stories of Rosie being a terror behind the scenes are true. I think she only likes kids & thats it. She has to be jon control & can't handle it when she's not. That said, Rosie was 100% better when Whoppi was off. Rosie was so much more relaxed when in charge & moderating.

• Love 4

Well, that's too bad. It will be hard to find someone who's as engaged and passionate about the issues she cares about. The energy level, and likely the intellectual level, is gonna drop right off, unless they replace her with someone well-informed. If they go back to the last year's happy-fluffy-fun-fun debacle, just shoot Old Yeller and put this out of its misery.

I am dreading the prim little smirk on Bitchface Bitsy's face on Fox and Freaks on Monday.

One comment on her totally tone-deaf Twitter fight about race....if she has mouthed off like this behind the scenes, it may explain Whoopi's reaction to her in that argument that they had about racism.

• Love 2

You know, it really wasn't a good fit. Ro really is better when it is her show or she is moderating a panel. I came back to The View (off and on, here and there) this season just because Ro was back but Whoopi (who I used to just love back in her movie stah days) has become just unbearable to watch so I'd invariably have to change the channel. 

My heart goes out to to Ro.

• Love 9

I wonder if the Twitter storm was the real reason she decided to leave? That was pretty embarrassing and for her to pull the "I can't be racist because I have black friends" excuse was pitiful. 

Can someone explain how Eve Ensler damaged Women of Color by writing the VM? I can understand if they think the play is dated; it was appropriate for the times, I suppose, but what damage did she do to warrant such a backlash? 

The only reason that I started watching The View again this past September was because of Rosie O'Donnell.  The rest of the panel is useless!  Whoopie is insufferable!  The very few times that RO wasn't on the program, I immediately turned it off.  When she leaves, I leave.  Nobody should have to suffer the indignities that RO suffers at the hand of the completely clueless and ignorant WG!  I wish her the best and, if she decides to come back to tv, I'll  be watching!

• Love 17

I find myself really sad about this.  Sad for Rosie to have her marriage break up (because whatever else you can say about her, she really is all about the family) and sad for me because I very much enjoyed her on The View and have no interest in watching it without her.

I've had a really crappy last couple weeks, with the convergence of a lot of bad events all at the same time, and things are just now starting to get marginally better and less tense.  I swear, if this had been announced two weeks ago, I would have lost it completely.

• Love 14

Only reason I stuck with the View was Rosie and am glad she is taking the time for her family and her health.  I edited my rant because it was more about having to sit across from the poor excuse of an ABC employee Whoopi.  Circling the drain. Stick a fork in it.

• Love 12

Does anyone know whereabouts - in general - Rosie lives? I thought she lived in Miami when she was married before but now she has to be in NJ, Conn or Long Island. This show doesn't ask for a huge commitment of time - a few hours four times a week. Is her commute so long that she has to pull out from a pretty cushy job.

And if she really couldn't handle dealing with Whoopi, I would have to wonder why she couldn't chalk it up to "agree to disagree." Really, nothing they debated was going to shake the Earth, just two woman having different "views."

Does anyone know whereabouts - in general - Rosie lives? I thought she lived in Miami when she was married before but now she has to be in NJ, Conn or Long Island. This show doesn't ask for a huge commitment of time - a few hours four times a week. Is her commute so long that she has to pull out from a pretty cushy job.

And if she really couldn't handle dealing with Whoopi, I would have to wonder why she couldn't chalk it up to "agree to disagree." Really, nothing they debated was going to shake the Earth, just two woman having different "views."

She lives in a suburb of NYC, and she also has her house in Miami.  I know exactly where she lives, but I'm not sure if it's okay to be specific.  She's been dividing her time between her two homes for years.

I love her, and I will miss her very much on The View.  She brought exactly what it needed this year, and it certainly won't be the same.

eta:  She doesn't need the money, so I'm sure it doesn't matter to her that it's a cushy job.  I understand her desire to make family a priority right now.  I don't like it!  But I do understand.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 8