Type keyword(s) to search

Rosie O'Donnell: She's Back! (Bite it, Bitsy!)

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I think things are different when you're going through a separation and possible divorce, having to go to work with WG that tears you down so often.....and are worth around $100M. 

One's family and one's emotional well being is worth more than one's net worth. And I am glad RO had the opportunity to make this decision......most don't. 

I love RO's passion although don't always agree.....but she doesn't have to get the last word in and wag her finger at her co-hosts like WG does. I would quit as well and forgo the last paychecks if I were RO as well in her position with the state of the show and especially the well being of my family.. 

If TV has anything it is NW which, imo, is not enough to carry the show at all. And I am a Dem. 

• Love 4

I wonder if the Twitter storm was the real reason she decided to leave? That was pretty embarrassing and for her to pull the "I can't be racist because I have black friends" excuse was pitiful. 

Can someone explain how Eve Ensler damaged Women of Color by writing the VM? I can understand if they think the play is dated; it was appropriate for the times, I suppose, but what damage did she do to warrant such a backlash? 

I just spent the last hour trying to get that same point.  I don't want to give an opinion on the twitter discussion and the merits.  What i learned is that  WOC have issues with the movement that Eve Ensler created.   There issues are around the differences between how WOC have been abused/marginalized and how white women have been abused.  From my brief review of this, the argument is that white women are abused by people they know, such as family etc.  WOC are abused by the institutions, government, etc.  They characterize this differently than what I am saying here. 

There is a young woman who engaged with Rosie in a twitter dialogue about this topic, and this is where this started.  I don't think Rosie did well in this conversation.  How about asking some questions to understand?  I may not agree with this young feminist who is representing a perspective I have never heard, but I would think that I would like to understand more about her perspective.  That is what life is about, let's understand more about each other.  I have since read a bit about this young woman, and she is impressive, but I am not sure I agree with her perspective completely, but it is her experience.  I think Rosie was quite wrong here, not in her views but in her approach.

• Love 5

I think things are different when you're going through a separation and possible divorce, having to go to work with WG that tears you down so often.....and are worth around $100M. 

One's family and one's emotional well being is worth more than one's net worth. And I am glad RO had the opportunity to make this decision......most don't. 

I love RO's passion although don't always agree.....but she doesn't have to get the last word in and wag her finger at her co-hosts like WG does. I would quit as well and forgo the last paychecks if I were RO as well in her position with the state of the show and especially the well being of my family.. 

And don't forget her physical health as well.  i suspect that surviving a near fatal heart attack helps keep one's priorities in order too. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

I wondered how much longer she was going to be able to stand Whoopi after she openly attacked Rosie at least twice that I saw this week during Hot Topics. With the face Rosie made after the "I wasn't talking about you" escaped Whoopi's lips looking back it seems like that was one of the things that cemented this decision.

• Love 11

Well I am sorry to see Rosie go but if I was worth 100 million and had a choice to leave sitting across from the mean bitch Whoopi has become, I would leave too. Especially with family problems. She doesn't need this shit. Just too bad for me because while I haven't followed RO's career closely, I feel she did an excellent job this time. The wrong one is leaving, imo. Good luck to her.

• Love 19

Excellent point Cosmocrush!

I am pleased that RO seems to have a great therapist.....and it shows. She is, imo, making the right decisions.

Although I am not familiar with the twittter storm I can understand RO is under stress and not always understood. And finding the battles she can do something about protecting her family and also herself. And generally being in a bad space right now.

I so agree Jaded - imo WG has kicked RO when she was down and I just can't accept that. I suspect all the co-hosts were aware at some time what she was going through.

A

• Love 7

The wrong one is leaving, imo.

Yes, that sums it up perfectly.  With all the speculation that's been going on about who was staying and who was going, I can't help thinking the same thing.  The wrong one is leaving.  Absolutely.

• Love 17
This is disappointing. I understand why Rosie would choose to leave. Who could blame her for having to deal with Whoopi Goldberg on a daily basis. Her mental health and physical well being is far more important, at least she's reached a point in her life where she knows when to take herself out of a unhealthy situation. 

I can't say it enough, and it's been said many times already, but truly the wrong person has left the show. I hope that Rosie will make a return to some kind of venue in the near future as I enjoyed her on the View for the most part. 

Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 10

This one strikes close to home because I'm in the middle of being "retaught" feminism by my 20 year old daughter.

Even the best of well intended old dogs, need to learn new tricks, third wave feminism is different from what I was comfortable with and socialized to.  My daughter was part of the protest that stopped the VM at her school, we actually had a conversation about this, how ironic that this became a twitter kerfuffle with Rosie.  I get it, intersectionality isn't something this 52 year old woman understood or perceived until it was explained to me.  And even more interesting, the show gave away the movie Dear White People, either early this week or late last week, good movie that demonstrates the concept through satire.

Sigh, I'm so sad that this happened this week, when Rosie had to have known the announcement of her departure was coming.  Sure shines light on the remarks about separations, divorces and life changes earlier this week.  I hope she takes good care of herself and her loved ones and re-finds her center in all of this.  I'll miss her and frankly will probably delete the show from  my DVR because I have no real interest in watching Whoopi bully her audience.  Though perhaps, Whoopi's demeanor will change if she feels less intellectually challenged.

• Love 4

I have been wondering about Ro's wife for a while now since there has been no mention and the pictures on her site are of only the children.  In fact, just last night I got a strong hunch that the woman bolted.  If I was Ro I would never marry again..

I am done watching this show as I only came back when Ro was back on the panel.  I don't blame her for leaving, I bet her doctor told her to get out before the stress of the bag lady sniping and the bolting wife took her life.  As for the nastiness that is said about Ro, she has many, many, many friends and she doesn't need to be set up daily for ridicule on the View set or on the internet.

SInce I was right about the bolting wife I think I will buy a lottery ticket to see if my intuition is hot right now!

• Love 6

When I first saw the headline last night, it sounded like perhaps Rosie was having some kind of breakdown. It sounded so explosive. I think it would have been better to release the news about the split first, then say she was leaving. (I realize that this news was not released by Rosie herself, but she had to know what her dilemma was before anyone else knew, so why take control of the situation and be professional about it.

I, too, will be glad to free up more space on my DVR because I don't need to watch the long, slow death of this show.

• Love 1

I have been wondering about Ro's wife for a while now since there has been no mention and the pictures on her site are of only the children.  In fact, just last night I got a strong hunch that the woman bolted.  If I was Ro I would never marry again..

I am done watching this show as I only came back when Ro was back on the panel.  I don't blame her for leaving, I bet her doctor told her to get out before the stress of the bag lady sniping and the bolting wife took her life.  As for the nastiness that is said about Ro, she has many, many, many friends and she doesn't need to be set up daily for ridicule on the View set or on the internet.

SInce I was right about the bolting wife I think I will buy a lottery ticket to see if my intuition is hot right now!

Good day to buy a Powerball ticket!

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm done too. I pretty much stopped watching everyday when WG came back. Now I'm done. Hope RO is doing OK, probably the best thing for her is to leave this show.

When WG once again laughed and mocked RO about RO's opinion about Brian Williams, I thought she shouldn't put up with this asshole Whoopi.

• Love 11

Guess next Friday will be my last time watching The View. Glad Rosie is able to have a week to say good-bye and that she isn't just disappearing. Wonder if Barbara will be there on Friday to wish her well.  

• Love 2

People have had problems with Eve Ensler for years and some of the folks who confronted Rosie aren't unknowns in activist circles.  I don't get how when anyone who has a complaint about a celebrity or points out if they think the celeb is wrong they're trying to get famous or notoriety.  Or even the old classic standby, just jealous.  Rosie could have easily not given the "haters" attention by ignoring or blocking them.  Rosie wasn't exactly a passive participant.

Rosie didn't just disagree, she told a woman of color that her white ass has done more for WoC and I felt she was being purposely obtuse when she claimed she couldn't understand the Storify of folks complaints about Eve Ensler.

I can see why maybe Rosie and Whoopi don't get along, they're much more alike than they, or their fans, realize. 

IMO, of course.

I posted about the Twitter kerfuffle in the show thread, didn't realize it was posted here too. Oops.

I read the Twitter exchange and while as a black woman, I get the frustrations with feminism ignoring the intersection of ethnicity and gender, the Twitter response and article seem overblown. I don't think Rosie is a deep racist, unlike the #RacistRosie hashtag would have you believe. Could she learn some stuff? Sure. But, I think her heart is in the right place. I think she's the wrong person to direct this ire toward. I'm just kind of getting sick of these internet pile-ons.

She's countered Whoopi's nonsense about race with some salient points. I mean, just Thursday, Whoopi said ABC wouldn't have a black bachelor because we're too volatile. That's some ridiculousness I don't care for. Rosie P called her out on it and you could tell from Rosie O's face that she felt the comment was off too.

Rosie counterbalances Whoopi's brash, nonsensical, domineering attitude. I stopped watching The View years ago because I couldn't stand the hosts - especially the Fox News bobblehead - the screaming and the overtalk. I tuned in this season for Whoopi, Rosie and Rosie. Now that I've watched this season, once Rosie's gone, I'm gone. I can't take Whoopi anymore, which is sad, I liked her.

• Love 20

I have been wondering about Ro's wife for a while now since there has been no mention and the pictures on her site are of only the children.  In fact, just last night I got a strong hunch that the woman bolted.

This is pure intiution only and not based on any fact, but I got a strange vibe when Rosie said she was getting married again. She had said in articles that her last wife "didn't set off her gaydar" at first. Something about that comment made me wonder about all of this.  That said, I can imagine that Rosie could be a very difficult person to be married to.

Rosie has admitted, insightfully, that fame is a drug and she is a recovering addict to it.  I hope that she gets to a place that she's doing something that makes her happy and I hope it's something that she can share with the rest of us, without causing her, or others, any pain.

• Love 4

I've always wondered if Michelle was really gay. Ro said when she first met her, she never thought she was gay. Even Michelle's father said he had no idea she was gay until she met Ro.

Did she just see Ro as a meal ticket to money and a kid? Did she hang in long enough for a pre-nup payout?  Maybe I'm wrong but why will I not be surprised if she is a Sal 2.0?

• Love 7

Even Michelle's father said he had no idea she was gay until she met Ro.

Yeah, I find that odd. I know that there are reasons why people may not come out. And I read stories of folks waiting until they're older to come out publicly (Joel Gray recently, for example.)  But I would imagine that by the time a person is in their 40s, one's friends and family would either know, or suspect.  That this surprised her father so much, I find very strange. Nobody knew she was gay until she met a gay woman worth tens of millions of dollars. Huh.

I would imagine that finding out someone has been deceiving you for years would cause a great amount of emotional distress. If that's what happened.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 4

I always got the impression that Rose is always looking for love and acceptance, so she latches on to people. She did that with Bitsy and that backfired on her. I think it stems from her mother's death and unhappy childhood. I wish her all the best...Whoopie was a bitch to her and she is blessed financially that she can walk away from a toxic work environment. Most people are not fortunate enough to do so. I think Rosie is a complex person and perhaps her wife could no longer deal with it and decided to leave. On the other hand, I would not be surprised that her wife was pretending to be gay, just to get access to her millions. Con artists are good at playing roles in order to achieve their goals. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I've always wondered if Michelle was really gay. Ro said when she first met her, she never thought she was gay. Even Michelle's father said he had no idea she was gay until she met Ro.

Did she just see Ro as a meal ticket to money and a kid? Did she hang in long enough for a pre-nup payout?  Maybe I'm wrong but why will I not be surprised if she is a Sal 2.0?

I was always suspicious of the wife. I'm also curious why Ro said she has a baby at home.  Did the wife leave the baby with Ro?

Anyway, Rosie belonged in the moderator's chair, so I had a hard time watching the show with WG in it, instead.

• Love 6

Could also be that Michelle met Rosie when she was less famous and wasn't prepared for the media onslaught once Rosie rejoined The View. I seem to remember a gossip column last fall saying that the tension at work was causing tension at home.  Though if they split in November, that was only 2 months after The View started, which sort of implies there were already cracks in the marriage.

• Love 1

Nobody knew she was gay until she met a gay woman worth tens of millions of dollars. Huh.

You've nailed it!

This split will be even more devastating for Ro if she has been lied to and deceived.

Ro got engaged to her very fast and I'm sure the beautiful diamond ring was just the beginning. Money does strange things to people.

Did the wife leave the baby with Ro?

No, there are tons of pics of baby on Michelle's instagram page. She is at Ro's Nyack NY house which is also up for the sale. The pics on her instagram page match the furniture and rooms on the real estate listing page.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

Nobody knew she was gay until she met a gay woman worth tens of millions of dollars. Huh.

This could be true in Rosie's case, but I know two women who married and had children and no one ever thought they were gay, nor did they.  At least they never mentioned thinking they might be gay.  They were divorced from their husbands after many years and their next relationships were lesbian relationships.  Their families were shocked.  So, Michelle may have come to this realization later on in life, or not.

I think Rosie is a tortured soul.  She is so talented, she has multiple talents and yet her soul is not at peace.  I wish her well.  I think she uses babies to fight her depression.  Unfortunately, they grow up and she needs other coping mechanisms.  

• Love 2

I get the frustrations with feminism ignoring the intersection of ethnicity and gender, the Twitter response and article seem overblown. I don't think Rosie is a deep racist, unlike the #RacistRosie hashtag would have you believe. Could she learn some stuff? Sure. But, I think her heart is in the right place. I think she's the wrong person to direct this ire toward. I'm just kind of getting sick of these internet pile-ons..

That pile-on seemed incredibly well planned, as in, a way to get the activists attention for themselves as well.

A tweet by Rosie:  http://www.huffingto..._n_6538986.html

Fox News is raising alarm bells over an Arizona college course that studies whiteness.

The network’s “Fox and Friends” show ran a segment Friday titled “Trouble with Schools,” criticizing an Arizona State University course called “U.S. Race Theory & the Problem of Whiteness,” portraying it as an attack on white people. The professor of the course, Lee Bebout, is white.

"Fox and Friends" co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who has not sat in on the course and was unable to reach the professor for comment, referred to it as “quite unfair, and wrong, and pointed.”

Hasselbeck based her comments on criticisms leveled by ASU student Lauren Clark, who objects to the course’s books, including Richard Delgado’s Critical Race Theory and Jane Hill’s The Everyday Language of White Racism.

“All of these books have a disturbing trend and that’s pointing to white people as a root cause of social injustices for this country,” Clark told Hasselbeck on the segment, adding that such a course “causes more problems than solutions.” Clark is not herself enrolled in the class.

There is more on the site, follow the link above to watch the clip.    Hasselbeck and some student, neither of whom have taken the class or spoken to the professor, are offended that a UNIVERSITY offers a class to study the history , culture, and literature of racism. 

It's not a required class,  It's not a class for kids.   it's a class that ADULT college students can elect to take if they're interested in the topic.   How in the world can anyone be against college students learning about racism?

this gal is from the same fetid organization.

• Love 2

I am so sad to hear this news - both parts of it. I adore Rosie, warts and all, and I am so sad for her. I hate that her marriage is ending. I hate that she's leaving The View. The best episodes of The View that I've seen were the recent ones where Whoopi was in the hospital and Rosie was kind of running the show - they were positive, fun shows. I hate that someone, somewhere deemed it okay for Whoopi Goldberg to act like a horse's rear day in and day out. I used to like Whoopi in her Star Trek TNG days and now when Guinan's in an episode it makes me grind my teeth because I find her to be insufferable. 

I think Rosie has such a big heart, and is so funny and talented, and has so much to give. I hope once her personal life has settled down that she will find a project to devote herself to. 

• Love 13

So, Michelle may have come to this realization later on in life, or not.

Hmmm. If Ro didn't have millions of dollars, I might agree. However, Ro's  money definitely could have helped Michelle become what Ro was looking for.

If  Ro didn't have money, doubtful Michelle would have followed Ro from Starbucks.

• Love 6

I'm just glad that Rosie O'Donnell got the chance to make up with Barbara Walters and re-build that bridge. I think she and the other new castmembers gave the show a lot of potential, and it's too bad it wasn't allowed to live up to it. I know she had talked about feeling guilty she "let Oprah down" with her last talkshow and I'm worried she might have the same thought about The View and Barbara, but I hope she'll go easy on herself since it's clear she tried her best. Hopefully, she'll enjoy her family now, and maybe come back to The View (if it's even still around) once Whoopi's time is finally up. Or perhaps get another show of her own, if possible. Either way, I wish her the best.

• Love 2

I think going through something like a breakup is stressful enough, and dealing with the failing show was just too much to take, so I think it's a combo.  She really does seem to jump into serious relationships very quickly.  Remember when she started dating that one woman with like 10 kids and they blended their families?  I think they had even met on Ask Ro.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

It never occurred to me that one must have a literal vagina to identify with VM. I have thought of vagina as an icon for "woman."

And I didn't realize that Eve Ensler was the adoptive mother of Dylan McDermott -- adopting him when she was married to his father and after his mother's death. 

Edited by mbutterfly

As you have all said I'm sorry to see Rosie go. I remember when she met Michelle and thinking that she was over the top, always posting pics and gushing over her. Too bad, I hope she's ok.

It never occurred to me that one must have a literal vagina to identify with VM. I have thought of vagina as an icon for "woman."

Me too. I'm actually really repulsed by the over-the-top reaction about the VM  - the big twitter war and the Mount Holyoke stuff. It seems like trying to find a fight where a fight doesn't need to be. EE wrote a piece. It was influential and groundbreaking at the time. You want to represent another viewpoint? Write another piece that's influential and groundbreaking now. 

• Love 10

Me too. I'm actually really repulsed by the over-the-top reaction about the VM  - the big twitter war and the Mount Holyoke stuff. It seems like trying to find a fight where a fight doesn't need to be. EE wrote a piece. It was influential and groundbreaking at the time. You want to represent another viewpoint? Write another piece that's influential and groundbreaking now. 

Yes - and the whole thing is being presented as Feminists having an issue with Rosie.  So - Rosie O'Donnell is anti-feminist?  Racist?  Not inclusive?  In what world? 

• Love 11

I guess I need to research and find out what the issue is with VM.  I have seen it two times.  (The last time Sherri was in it).  Trans women were not represented, but other WoC were represented.  I don't understand the new feminism because I don't know enough about it.

• Love 1

But I hope that if the show does survive again next season, that Whoopi is there,

Stewed, I can't believe that you can't see what a mess Whoopi has made of the show. She has no business being the moderator of a talk show. She's horrible at it.

• Love 16
Yes - and the whole thing is being presented as Feminists having an issue with Rosie.  So - Rosie O'Donnell is anti-feminist?  Racist?  Not inclusive?  In what world?

Rosie, like some left-leaning folks of any race, gender or sexual orientation, has a lot of stuff to acknowledge and work through IMO.  Whether it was a conspiracy to set Poor Rosie up or not, posting pictures of Black kids to prove you're not racist reeks of the old "some of my best friends are black" trope.  Sorry, I don't feel bad for her in this instance, I'm sure she knows how to use the block button.

If Rosie ever comes back to TV, she needs her own show that she controls and where her opinions are dominant.  Maybe if she was the moderator this time around she would have lasted until April or May instead of bailing in February.

• Love 4

Rosie, like some left-leaning folks of any race, gender or sexual orientation, has a lot of stuff to acknowledge and work through IMO. 

Why is it just "left-leaning" folks? I think plenty of people no matter where they land in the political arena have a lot of stuff that needs to be acknowledged and worked through.

• Love 12

Rosie, like some left-leaning folks of any race, gender or sexual orientation, has a lot of stuff to acknowledge and work through IMO.  Whether it was a conspiracy to set Poor Rosie up or not, posting pictures of Black kids to prove you're not racist reeks of the old "some of my best friends are black" trope.  Sorry, I don't feel bad for her in this instance, I'm sure she knows how to use the block button.

If Rosie ever comes back to TV, she needs her own show that she controls and where her opinions are dominant.  Maybe if she was the moderator this time around she would have lasted until April or May instead of bailing in February.

While I agree that people on the political left have things to work through, none of us is complete nor perfect in our understanding and compassion for all others. Still, I should think it wouldn't matter where on the political spectrum one happened to be in needing to work through such issues. 

• Love 5

Which is exactly what the theatre group is doing; there will still be a performance of the VM for V-day at the school, just not that group.  I chalk some of the more rigid/militant parts of third wave feminism in college students up to youth. ;)  I think the intent was to embrace trans women more closely since they are being accepted for the first time at the school for the 2015-2016 school year, but it does come off as derisive and disrespectful, accusing Ensler of being reductive and exclusionary.  

@backformore

Yes - and the whole thing is being presented as Feminists having an issue with Rosie.  So - Rosie O'Donnell is anti-feminist?  Racist?  Not inclusive?  In what world?

To me, that assertion is absurd on it's face. 

A thoughtful explanation to Rosie about intersectionality would have been more appropriate than lobbing bombs at her on Twitter.

• Love 7

I hope Rosie will find some peace in her family life and I am glad that she is moving on from The View. I don't think the show was a good fit for her, this time or the last time. I think no matter how many people would be the co-hosts or who they would be, Rosie would be at odds with at least one of them, on any show that had a panel of hosts, not just The View. She has issues that bleed over into the workplace. She needs to deal with her own workplace issues and find a way to make a show that works for her. Which I thought she tried to do with her own recent show. But it failed so I don't know what will work for Rosie, show wise. I did tune in this year because of Rosie. I thought she would be in a better place, at home and in dealing with people not having the same view as her. But I found that she was the same, she has passive aggresive down pat, I don't even think she realizes it. But I hope that if the show does survive again next season, that Whoopi is there, and that there are some other hosts that mesh together better. 

I wrote this on the fly and there are probably many grammar errors. Which will drive me crazy but I am trying to let it go, let it goooooo

I added the bolding.

Actually I agree with most of what you have said. Rosie has had issues with a lot of people - not suddenly with Whoopi. And I can't believe that being on a daytime talk show for 5 hours a week where you disagree with your co-workers constitutes a hostile environment. That's what they are paid for, to make sparks - if anything, Nicole should be the odd person out, since she's The Republican and the others are various sorts of liberals. It's supposed to be light entertainment, not Sturm and Drung. If this has been what led Rosie to quit, she has a very, very thin skin, and needs to toughen up if she ever wants to work on television again. 

• Love 5
If this has been what led Rosie to quit, she has a very, very thin skin, and needs to toughen up if she ever wants to work on television again.

I posted on this in the other thread.  Rosie is a mom.  She's in the midst of a divorce.  Kudos to her for putting her kids first right now, and devoting her time and energy to what really matters.  

I have the utmost admiration and respect for someone who puts their kids first, and makes decisions based on what's best for her kids. 

YMMV

• Love 15

If Rosie ever comes back to TV, she needs her own show that she controls and where her opinions are dominant.

"Controls" is key. I remember watching her show on the Oprah Channel (OWN? Oxygen? I forget what it was called) and she looked and seemed completely miserable. I'm not sure who was calling the shots but it was apparent that she wasn't completely in control. She was out of her element (she's a New York girl, a Broadway baby) in Chicago, away from her family/friends, and the whole tone/format of the show kept changing.

I never listened to it because I don't have Sirius, but from the tone of her blog, and reports from people who did listen, radio did seem to suit her. A combination of guests talking about issues that interested her, fun games, and her and her friends shooting the shit. And she could do it from her house.

• Love 1

And I can't believe that being on a daytime talk show for 5 hours a week where you disagree with your co-workers constitutes a hostile environment.  

Then you are one of the lucky ones.  Not to get too off topic, but just to say, yes, when in personality conflicts with co-workers, can absolutely create a hostile work environment.  I was in one for five years, before I got the guts to email the HR coordinator, who assured me that the person who was basically bullying me, because we  now had a receptionist and I no longer had to "clear" with her when I would take days off/vacation, had no say in anything; and no, Big Brother wasn't watching.

What I've seen is the same thing; Whoopi is creating a very hostile working environment for Rosie, and I'm certainly not going to judge her for making the decision she did. She doesn't owe me any explanations for making whatever decisions she's made.

I'm just sad that I'm losing her again on my television.

And her contract was only for a year anyway; Even if she stayed through May, at the way things were going, I doubt she would have renewed.

• Love 24

If Rosie ever comes back to TV, she needs her own show that she controls and where her opinions are dominant.

Well, I hope Rosie does find that, since that's exactly what Whoopie has on The View.  In fact, in Whoopie's opinion, her opinion is the only one that matters.

• Love 19

I don't know anyone who hasn't wanted, at one time or another, to just walk out the door of a job and keep on walking.

I've wanted to, and only my mortgage and health care coverage kept me from doing so.

If I had a job where someone muttered things at/about me under her breath, making it personal, and where someone shook their finger in my face and had to have the last word -- all in front of millions of people -- I'd be counting the minutes to lift-off.

Rosie doesn't have to stay in order to pay the mortgage.  She doesn't need the health care coverage. In fact, she needs to keep her own heart healthy by staying away from stressful situations.

Seriously, if I were in her shoes, I'd leave too.  I am just very unhappy to see her go, personally, selfishly.  There is nothing about The View that I'm interested in after Rosie's departure.

• Love 20