Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E10: The Full Circle

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Winners at War put the game aside for a heartfelt moment with their loved ones until a wild tribal council sends the 12th person to the Edge of Extinction.

Original airdate 4/15/20

Please don't post in this thread until the episode has finished airing. 

• Love 1

Well I almost had a heart attack when Sophie's name popped up on a couple parchments, but that turned out alright! Am I right that by the end of that tribal, all advantages were cleared out...except Sophie's idol?

I was never anti-Tony, but he continues to grow on me this season. Funny, level-headed, self-deprecating. He moves up on the list of acceptable outcomes.

Not gonna weigh in on the family visit and the usual debate about whether or not the waterworks are justified, except to say that for a moment I thought Nick and his lady might end up in the sand right there in front of everyone. And thank god they didn't have a challenge and make the winner decide who got to stay with their kids.

I would rather do the dumb challenge with the spinning ball that they didn’t do than try to walk my clumsy ass up and down trying to balance anything.

Damn Jeremy shoulda had a little bit more patience.

Kim was going to play it for Tyson.  And didn’t.  How frustrating to have to GUESS.

I don’t have anything against Sophie, but I was really rooting for Sarah to not get her way.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Well I almost had a heart attack when Sophie's name popped up on a couple parchments, but that turned out alright! Am I right that by the end of that tribal, all advantages were cleared out...except Sophie's idol?

I was never anti-Tony, but he continues to grow on me this season. Funny, level-headed, self-deprecating. He moves up on the list of acceptable outcomes.

Not gonna weigh in on the family visit and the usual debate about whether or not the waterworks are justified, except to say that for a moment I thought Nick and his lady might end up in the sand right there in front of everyone. And thank god they didn't have a challenge and make the winner decide who got to stay with their kids.

I'm sure her heart skipped a few beats, too, especially because she could have saved herself.  With everyone playing an idol/advantage, I'm surprised she took the risk in not playing her idol.  I'm also surprised Sarah played her advantage.

I was actually shocked Kim played her idol for Denise.

I couldn't believe they were going to have a RC, so when Jeff said 'so all the adults and teenagers are going to swim out', and I'm thinking what about the people who only had one person?

Also, this was a satisfying vote.  I loved how Tyson tried to give a death glare when he was voted out again.

4 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Family visits with one family member = oh god, here we go again, quit yer whining, jeez, you'll see them again in a month, get control of yourself.

Family visits with family members and kids = Awww, so CUTE!!! Look at their little faces!!! Oh, they miss their mommies and daddies so much, the sweet things!! This is wonderful.

::shrugs:: I can't explain it.

I mentioned this is the Live Chat thread,but I thought it was cute when Ben's daughter came out and yelled surprise.

Also, I couldn't believe that Jeremy's son (the one who wasn't even born when he did SC), was that big already.  

• Love 8

Damn Survivor family reunions have gotten so soft. Lots of crying. No one acts strange anymore. I miss the days of C.C. Heidik's PG-13 rated video.

Also remember when Terry on Survivor 12 got into an argument with Aras about whether it's more important to bang your wife or spend time with your mom? 

But all those slo-mo close ups of the smooching and the babies were just too much. 

The TC was pretty tense. My favorite is Kim so I was disappointed with the way things went but I don't mind Tyson leaving so ... 

But I actually don't really have favorites and this is unusual. Usually by this time in Survivor I have people I want to die and people I like. Here everyone seems ... okayish. I think the fact that everyone is a millionaire ironically makes the game a bit boring. No one's going to do anything too crazy to win. Even Tony is like dialed down a boring. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm also surprised Sarah played her advantage.

I was confused by that, too, since once Jeremy was gone they had the numbers. But I think it was so they could split the vote in case of an idol. Then Sarah's group would have 3 votes + 2 votes, while Kim's group would only have 3 instead of 4. So worst case scenario would be a tie, best case scenario was...what happened.

I think?

Edited to add: no wait. That's not right. Why weren't there 3 votes for Sophie? I'm confused.

Oh well, Sophie's still there and Tyson's gone again, so I'm good being confused!

Edited by tracyscott76
2 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I was confused by that, too, since once Jeremy was gone they had the numbers. But I think it was so they could split the vote in case of an idol. Then Sarah's group would have 3 votes + 2 votes, while Kim's group would only have 3 instead of 4. So worst case scenario would be a tie, best case scenario was...what happened.

I think?

Well, Sophie did mention the fear of going to rocks if there was a tie.  However, isn't the rule still they re-vote, and if there's still a tie, then they go to rocks?  I know they changed it for GC where they would automatically go to rocks if there was a tie without re-voting, but I thought they changed it back.

So either way, Sarah's side would have had the numbers.

Really, when her and Jeremy were at that stand still, I thought either she was going to steal his vote, then he'd walk, but they both had to know the other was up to something.

And once again, I feel like some of these winners are in over their heads.

• Love 2

Sarah's group has 6 votes (5 people + stolen vote) and Kim's group only has 3 votes. Sarah's group could have split 3-3 and guranateed someone from Kim's group go home on a revote. I don't understand why they didn't do that, as it wasn't;t a tie.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Vgmastr said:

Can we please be done with the whispering at Tribal?  That needs to be a new rule, it's ruining the game.  Can you imagine how fun that Tribal could have been if everyone had been forced to immediately vote after Jeremy left without being able to talk and decide on a new plan?

Probst loves the whispering.  He's talked about it before.  And that's great for him, because he's actually there to probably overhear what's going on and eavesdrop and ask follow up questions.  Personally, I hate it and don't see how it makes good TV at all.

Also, when they were divided into their two groups at TC, and Kim said 'we have to find out who they're voting for', was I the only one thinking that Ben was going to blow it and open his big mouth to reveal the vote?  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, zscore said:

Sarah's group has 6 votes (5 people + stolen vote) and Kim's group only has 3 votes. Sarah's group could have split 3-3 and guranateed someone from Kim's group go home on a revote. I don't understand why they didn't do that, as it wasn't;t a tie.

Oh right, I forgot Sarah got an additional vote as well as removing Denise's vote.

Yeah, why didn't they do that? And shouldn't there have been three votes for Sophie? Tyson, Kim, and Michele? Did Michele do something screwy?

And as proof that whoever is putting the votes up on Wikipedia right away is full of it, they currently have all five of Sarah's group voting for Tyson, ignoring the votes for Denise. Kim, Tyson, and Michele's votes are currently left blank.

Edited by tracyscott76
Wiki sucks

remember when poop used to go down during TC? like shouting matches and crazy stuff? 
i miss that. the whispering annoys me to no end.

if Jeremey was in my alliance, he wouldn't be after that stunt.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

This is why I hate all the whispering. Was Jeremy in danger?  Did he waste his advantage and blow up his alliance?  Or did he save himself for another 3 days?  We don’t know because the producers didn’t let us hear any conversation!

If we believe what we saw on TV, Tony's side wanted to blindside Jeremy.  And when Jeremy left, more chaos ensued.  So I'm thinking at most his name was coming up, at least as a second choice in case their first choice had an idol.

And since I think he was in the alliance of Kim/Denise/Tyson/Michele by default (since they had no one else), he probably figured he had nothing to lose anyway.

On the subject of the family visit, I wonder if they knew their whole families were coming out.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

It sure would've been nice to learn how the "meat shield alliance" turned into Tony and Ben vs. Jeremy and Tyson, or how Michele and Nick went from being on the bottom to suddenly not even mentioned as possible targets.  But instead, let's spend literally half the show on loved ones visits for literally the entire cast (save for Danni, who didn't even get a talking head about her visit).

For some reason it didn't occur to me that Tyson and Rachel ended up getting married, even though her only characterization in the Blood vs. Water season was "Tyson's girlfriend."

• Love 8

In retrospect, Sophie & Co should have split the vote & were lucky. It was interesting (finally) to see who the majority is.......at least for now. I liked Kim’s play but she just picked the wrong person. I guess someone from the minority will be voted out if they don’t win immunity. It should be a good episode next week. I’m team Kim but her chances are slim of winning. Sophie was never a Kim fan & was more comfortable with Sarah.

• Love 1

It sure would've been nice to learn how the "meat shield alliance" turned into Tony and Ben vs. Jeremy and Tyson, or how Michele and Nick went from being on the bottom to suddenly not even mentioned as possible targets.  But instead, let's spend literally half the show on loved ones visits for literally the entire cast (save for Danni, who didn't even get a talking head about her visit).

My God yes. It was 22 minutes in and the family visit was still going on, my kids were asking me why they were all acting like everyone was going off to their death. It was cute and sweet for 5 minutes but Jeff interviewing everyone about their relationship is useless and a time suck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
32 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Also remember when Terry on Survivor 12 got into an argument with Aras about whether it's more important to bang your wife or spend time with your mom?

When Michele said that all the others' spouses/fiances were their soulmates, but her sister was her soulmate, I imagined Aras nodding and giving a little fist pump.

Ok not to get indelicate here but ... with all the families back at camp I suppose some people wanted a conjugal visit. Anyone know what the protocol is for that? Are they given condoms? Can they request not to be filmed? DO they just find some place under a rock?

• LOL 6

Me three wondering where the third vote for Sophie went. There should have been another.

there were 9 votes, and they revealed 2 Sophie, 2 Denise, 4 Tyson. Have to presume the unseen vote was also a Tyson. So had Kim picked Tyson for immunity, that’s a revote or rocks, depending upon whatever rule set is in effect now. 

I knew by the non-reaction of Sophie's group that Kim had played her idol for the wrong person. Of course, had she picked Tyson, there's still Sophie's immunity idol to play. 

I think the last remaining advantage is Michele's 50-50 coin.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

It sure would've been nice to learn how the "meat shield alliance" turned into Tony and Ben vs. Jeremy and Tyson, or how Michele and Nick went from being on the bottom to suddenly not even mentioned as possible targets.  But instead, let's spend literally half the show on loved ones visits for literally the entire cast (save for Danni, who didn't even get a talking head about her visit).

This.  I'm so confused after tonight where alliances are.  Michele and Nick seemed to be on the bottom last week.  Everyone was content voting for Adam.  Yet this week, 4 people are on the outside and take a risk not voting with the majority.  The whole dynamic and tone seemed weird.  Kim saying she was going to risk going to EOE sounded like a woman on a mission.  I think there was way more interesting stuff happening leading up to this vote than we saw.

And while I don't think him staying would have mattered, I don't think Jeremy will be getting Tyson's vote if he makes the final 3.

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok not to get indelicate here but ... with all the families back at camp I suppose some people wanted a conjugal visit. Anyone know what the protocol is for that? Are they given condoms? Can they request not to be filmed? DO they just find some place under a rock?

With the way Sophie and her fiance sprinted out of the challenge, I'm guessing they were hoping to beat everyone else back.

1 minute ago, riprock said:

Ugh, I forgot about that. Speaking of Michele, I'm guessing she had to have flipped and voted Tyson. That's why there were only 2 votes for Sophie. They never really did show Michele as firmly in Kim's group as the others, did they? They just kind of listed her as one of them. Maybe Nick pulled her over.

6 minutes ago, riprock said:

there were 9 votes, and they revealed 2 Sophie, 2 Denise, 4 Tyson. Have to presume the unseen vote was also a Tyson. So had Kim picked Tyson for immunity, that’s a revote or rocks, depending upon whatever rule set is in effect now. 

I knew by the non-reaction of Sophie's group that Kim had played her idol for the wrong person. Of course, had she picked Tyson, there's still Sophie's immunity idol to play. 

In that case, they would revote, and Sophie can't play her idol. Denise goes home.

Sophie still has an idol.

3 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Was that Natalie's baby or Nadia's? Didn't catch it.

Nadiya's. I believe one or the other of them referred to Natalie as "Aunty" at one point.

44 minutes ago, zscore said:

Word is they did and it was 3-3-3 and then Tyson went home on revote but it was edited out. I believe they edited out a revote on Kellyn’s exit in GI. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Well....I'm not thrilled with Loved Ones visits. This one was sappier than usual, with how they did it earlier, brought on everyone's families who wanted to come, and they even gave the EOE players their loved ones. 

Half an episode filled with the Loved Ones Visit was way too much for my liking. I don't necessarily hate these visits (I have actually teared up at some on my binge watch a few months ago), but this one was definitely dragging on. Plus, I had a feeling as soon as they brought out Kim's husband and kids that everyone would get their families, including the people on Extinction. And, since this is the 40th season and an All Winners season, I'm not too surprised they did this. I reckon last season's kid visit with He Who Shall Not Be Named was a test to see if it would work well.

Ultimately, Tyson being re-voted out was not a total loss to me. A lot of advantages were played. I have to think of who flipped on Kim's side. Denise or Michele flipped to vote out Tyson and I guess it's extremely likely that it was Michele. Nick probably told her to, and she probably obliged. 

Tony winning immunity was surprisingly nice to watch. I started off the season less than interested in Tony. Having just watched his season for the first time back in December, I haven't been a huge fan of his win. But now, tonight's episode showed me that, if he won, I actually would be ok with it. A few weeks ago, I was still not thrilled with the idea of him winning. So he made my short list of who I wouldn't mind see winning (Sophie, Nick, and Denise are the only other two currently on the list).

Ben....urg. He said something during the Family Visit in his confessionals that made me grimace and I can't remember what it was, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with something about him being a big threat. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ben....urg. He said something during the Family Visit in his confessionals that made me grimace and I can't remember what it was, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with something about him being a big threat. 

I believe it was something along the lines of how of course they'd bring out whole families for "us" - likely just meaning that they'd do something special during an all-winners season, but I remember thinking when he said it that it wouldn't go over well here XD

7 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I believe it was something along the lines of how of course they'd bring out whole families for "us" - likely just meaning that they'd do something special during an all-winners season, but I remember thinking when he said it that it wouldn't go over well here XD

Yep! That was it! I just remember groaning because, although I have not watched Ben's original season, I do know of his reputation within the Survivor community...so I know what he has actually contributed. 

But, to be clear, if anyone said that line, I might have groaned as well. I just may not have had such an adverse reaction to the line.

• LOL 1

I am also one who hates the family visit show. And this one was worse than usual, because normally we get to see at least half of the people ripped away from their loved ones fairly quickly. My sister called me at the 8:30 break and asked if I had used up all my tissues ( or something stupid like that !). I think she was kidding because she knows I don't like this ( she does. Go figure.) I think I can understand it, I think it's kind of like being confined in a hospital and waiting and waiting until you get a visitor. Because that is about all you have at that time. Same with being on the Island, I guess. I just don't like watching it play out.

No big deal to me about Tyson being voted out. I am kind of liking Sophie ( although I can't remember her from before at all). I wouldn't mind seeing one of the women winning this season, it seems like it's always a guy, although that obviously isn't true. It just seems to me that more women are playing better than men at this point.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well....I'm not thrilled with Loved Ones visits. This one was sappier than usual, with how they did it earlier, brought on everyone's families who wanted to come, and they even gave the EOE players their loved ones. 

Half an episode filled with the Loved Ones Visit was way too much for my liking. I don't necessarily hate these visits (I have actually teared up at some on my binge watch a few months ago), but this one was definitely dragging on. Plus, I had a feeling as soon as they brought out Kim's husband and kids that everyone would get their families, including the people on Extinction. And, since this is the 40th season and an All Winners season, I'm not too surprised they did this. I reckon last season's kid visit with He Who Shall Not Be Named was a test to see if it would work well.

Ultimately, Tyson being re-voted out was not a total loss to me. A lot of advantages were played. I have to think of who flipped on Kim's side. Denise or Michele flipped to vote out Tyson and I guess it's extremely likely that it was Michele. Nick probably told her to, and she probably obliged. 

Sarah stole Denise’s vote so it would have been Michele.  I think?  I’m so confused what the hell happened tonight and why the lines were drawn they way they were lol In reality, Kim said she wanted to know who they were voting for, so did Michele know and not tell them?  Maybe she wanted Kim to blow her idol.  

In terms of the loved ones, I don’t really get why an all winners season was so special that they had to bring out the whole family but not any other returning player season (which, if they wanted to play the Survivor romance style line, that only applied to Rob/Amber and Parvati/John).

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Sarah stole Denise’s vote so it would have been Michele.  I think?  I’m so confused what the hell happened tonight and why the lines were drawn they way they were lol In reality, Kim said she wanted to know who they were voting for, so did Michele know and not tell them?  Maybe she wanted Kim to blow her idol.  

Right, that's right. Well, then the only option IS Michele because why would Kim vote out Tyson after just using the idol on Denise? Plus, we never did hear Michele's POV about the vote and we know her and Nick have been left out on votes, so they probably have discussed votes together. 

1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

I think?

Edited to add: no wait. That's not right. Why weren't there 3 votes for Sophie? I'm confused.

Oh well, Sophie's still there and Tyson's gone again, so I'm good being confused!

I'm still incredibly confused and I really wish they had shown the vote during the credits.  If they had to show the jury giving Jeff hugs, why not do that at the end of the show?

It was the three that said to each other that each had no friends.  Tyson, Jeremy and Kim.  Plus Denise and Michelle?  Against Sarah, Sophie, Nick, Tony and Ben?  I'm confused why after Jeremy took himself out, why Sarah would still play her steal a vote.  It was 5-4.  I thought maybe it was so they could split votes but there were four or five votes on Tyson.  And Sarah didn't tell anyone at all about her steal-a-vote so her side didn't plan on it.

There were two votes for Denise (perhaps from Sarah) and I assume her other alliance mates put four on Tyson, seems like a poor use of the advantage by Sarah.  She didn't even communicate with her own team.

Unless two people in Kim's group voted for Denise to sacrifice her and the other two voted for Sophie?

I'm confused, this is why we need to know who voted for who.  In any event, I think it was a poor use of the advantages by both.  Jeremy just put a target on his back for next time.  He showed his half of the tribe that he is disloyal.  And he showed the other half that this is why he needs to get voted out ASAP.  Sarah had absolutely no need to play her steal-a-vote, since it is apparent they didn't even split the votes.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Hi, Nadiya! Sorry you didn’t get enough time on camera! I still think she could swap places with twin sister Natalie, and nobody in Production would tell the difference.

With Nadiya, we at least saw a glimpse of her and heard her voice.  The one that really got shafted was Yul's wife.  I don't think we even got a good look at her at all.  Maybe she wants privacy?  If she was trying to avoid being filmed, it worked.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, blackwing said:

It was the three that said to each other that each had no friends.  Tyson, Jeremy and Kim.  Plus Denise and Michelle?  Against Sarah, Sophie, Nick, Tony and Ben?  I'm confused why after Jeremy took himself out, why Sarah would still play her steal a vote.  It was 5-4.  I thought maybe it was so they could split votes but there were four or five votes on Tyson.  And Sarah didn't tell anyone at all about her steal-a-vote so her side didn't plan on it.

From what I gather, this is what happened:

• It was Sarah, Sophie, Nick, Tony and Ben vs Jeremy, Tyson, Kim, Denise, and Michele
  • Nick/Michele have been left out on votes so there's a chance that they decided to vote together
  • Cue Tribal Council, where Jeremy gets spooked enough to use his advantage, causing the number one target for the Sarah alliance to panic. So it's 5-4 (presumably) with Sarah's side having the advantage, so you're right on that
  • My best guess on Sarah using her advantage is because she simply panicked after Jeremy walked out and wasn't thinking about the full numbers. Or, she was afraid that someone was going to flip on her side (maybe she didn't trust Nick) and thought that it would be better to use her advantage just in case a flip happened on her side. That way, they'd still have 5 for sure votes. 
    • So, if Nick had flipped and joined up with Denise, Kim, Tyson and Michele, that would leave the other side with the advantage, bringing it 5-4 without Jeremy there to tie it up
  • Thus, Sarah uses her advantage as a precaution, to ensure they for sure had the votes.

So, if my theory above is correct about wanting 5 for sure votes, then that would mean that Nick/Michele voted out Denise while Sarah, Sophie, Tyson, Ben, and Denise's lost vote took out Tyson. 

But the confusing part is more if Sarah's group decided to split the vote between Tyson and Denise, which would mean that they brought in Michele long before Tribal Council. 

We know Tyson voted out Sophie for sure and I'm sure Kim also voted out Sophie, which does leave Michele as the logical person who flipped. It's more of a question of who she voted for, and I assume it was voting out Denise along with Nick.

• Love 2

The endlessly boring loved ones visit with the kids included was one thing...but I was apoplectic when even the people on Extinction got one. I like all those people just fine (well, not Rob) but come on. They’ve been voted out, they shouldn’t be getting rewards. 

- Mean Old Lady

• LOL 9
  • Love 12

I doubt there was a re-vote since only 6 votes would be cast at that point, with Sophie, Denise and Tyson not voting (they showed 8). My gut tells me that Sarah and company did split their votes 3-3 against Denise and Tyson, with Michelle flipping to give Tyson a 4th vote. They didn't show the last Denise vote to keep it suspenseful between Sophie and Tyson.

17 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Sarah had absolutely no need to play her steal-a-vote, since it is apparent they didn't even split the votes.

Without steal-a-vote, it's 5-4 for Sarah's team, leaving them vulnerable to an idol. They can’t split the vote in this scenario because they either lose (3-2 split vs. 4 opposing votes; they lose) or are still vulnerable to an idol (4-1 split vs. 4 opposing votes; idol played correctly leads to one of the 5 going home). 

does anyone know about Sophie's idol besides Sophie?

17 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

The endlessly boring loved ones visit with the kids included was one thing...but I was apoplectic when even the people on Extinction got one. I like all those people just fine (well, not Rob) but come on. They’ve been voted out, they shouldn’t be getting rewards. 

- Mean Old Lady

But then we would have missed out on my favorite bit of the episode: Natalie shouldering her way past a worried Rob and Ethan and seeing the "IT'S OUR FAMILIES" realization dawn on her face.

• Love 18