Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, that's right. I remember the costume girl. She was a success, wasn't she? I remember liking her. 

I know a lot of poundticipants start out having jobs, then have to quit because it interferes with their eating. "I got to heavy so I had to quit"  

Nicky? She was great.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Have the reveals been interesting, or just more lame ex-pro athletes, unfunny comedians, and thousand-year-old sitcom 'stars'?

I will definitely get back to you about that on the M600PL Small Talk forum since I love this show so much. Yes tee hee, it's been a mixture of all of the above and then some but I found those all of the above performers to be very entertaining and a lot of fun!😊

• Love 1

Why does this sound like Dr. Now's entire philosophy of bariatric surgery?    His speech sounds like a bye-bye.     I wonder is this is the last new poundticipant show for the season?   That would explain Dr. Now's long winded explanation of everything about weight loss.  Has he ever gone on this long explaining his weight loss theories before?   

Her camo dress for month 7 sucks.    That is hideous.   I hope brother Lamar takes  it out in the yard and burns it.

The preview in the corner must be for the WATN David/Benji, and Erica. 

Poor little Kenlyn, I hope she's OK.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Speaking of TLC characters: Does anyone watch Dr. Mike on YouTube? He did a compilation video asking 100 doctors questions about coronavirus and Dr. Pimple Popper was in there.

I am so effing sick of every tv doctor weighing in on coronavirus. Are they epidemiologists? No. Dr Oz needs to shut up

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, peaceknit said:

A KFC two-piece and cole slaw is NOT on the diet.

drat,  would people please quit referring to fried chicken.  I don't generally care for cole slaw (I keep a mental list of the few places we eat that has cole slaw I like).  I am about to get in the car and head to the nearest chicken drive thru.  I haven't had fried chicken in months.   I wonder if it is open past 10.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

I swear I was paying attention and then I swear I heard Dr. Now say something "high thread count" and then all I could think of was buying new sheets.

"High thread count" is from 90-Day.  That's Ed's requirement for his delicate creeper skin. Your brain must have had a record skip.  Somehow the TLC shows are bleeding together.

• LOL 10

Why isn't he recommending therapy and a nutritionist for her? 

In his long soliloquy, he should have been referring her to the professionals.  It would have also been a bonus to have diversified content for this episode.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 😒😞

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am so effing sick of every tv doctor weighing in on coronavirus. Are they epidemiologists? No. Dr Oz needs to shut up

Dr Phil should shut up right along with him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Splashes said:

My antipsychotics have made me really balloon and Ive gained around 40 pounds on it. Im on other meds that are supposed to help. Losing weight is just really hard and I often forget about whats going and and its hard for me to get energy to actually cook and prepare a meal.

Saw the show on PBS last week that discussed overweight people. Had some of the former Biggest Losers that had gained all their weight back. They ran tests on them and found out they were leptin resistant. Something about leptin makes people feel satiated. These people started injecting leptin, and they were able to lose weight without feeling hungry. It was a very interesting show. I would highly recommend it. It gave me a new perspective on some of the people we have seen here.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
Just now, LizzyB said:

"High thread count" is from 90-Day.  That's Ed's requirement for his delicate creeper skin. Your brain must have had a record skip.  Somehow the TLC shows are bleeding together.

Don't CROSS THE STREAMS!

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

I swear I was paying attention and then I swear I heard Dr. Now say something "high thread count" and then all I could think of was buying new sheets.

if you watched 90 day this would make you think of Big Edd, his mayo hair, and his mailing 1000+ thread count sheets to a shack in the Philippines.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, LizzyB said:

I'm glad you cleared that up. I wondered why Dr. Now cared about bedding.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I swear, the most entertaining part of this episode has been the slight against cole slaw in this forum and my immediate pearl clutching reaction at my computer desk. There was a dramatic gasp and everything.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 11

For those of you who watch What We Do In the Shadows, this episode has become Colin Robinson, the Energy Vampire.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Oh, ye sheets of 3,000 thread count that miraculously  never made it the house with the leaky roof?  Sold as soon as the sheets arrived!

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

What's up with the dude with no neck on the Fiancee show?   He literally has no neck.  

Apparently he has a disorder, which they didn't discuss on the show but which some people brought up on the forums.

1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

What's up with the dude with no neck on the Fiancee show?   He literally has no neck.  

Quite seriously, I had a good friend with spinal bifeda. It may be that. He’s an interesting one to watch. He was sweating it out in the Philippines. 

4 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Saw the show on PBS last week that discussed overweight people. Had some of the former Biggest Losers that had gained all their weight back. They ran tests on them and found out they were leptin resistant. Something about leptin makes people feel satiated. These people started injecting leptin, and they were able to lose weight without feeling hungry. It was a very interesting show. I would highly recommend it. It gave me a new perspective on some of the people we have seen here.

<ordering Leptin supplements from Amazon right now>

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I'm very late to the snarkfest. I just started watching my recording.

My first observations ...

Thise poor oink panties. That's a lot to ask of a small amount of fabric

The toilet bath is a first.

She has a job and takes care of her daughter, so thise are the plusses.

I hope she's successful.

Pink panties, not oink panties. Although ...

Edited by ShoePrincess
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I get this, sort of. 

When I went on Keto, I lost nothing for 4 munts. I gave up my beloved cakes and ice cream, no Good n Plenty or Hot Tamales candy, no dinners of fresh bread and sweet butter with a little parmesean sprinkled on each slice. Meat. Eggs. Tuna. Turkey. Salad. Certain, sad vegetables. No potatoes, no carrots. Riding a bicycle 8 miles a day. A real bicycle, to and from work. I. Lost. Nothing. It took my body that long to adjust. 

Month 5, I began to lose. Finally. Still, while my Keto pals were celebrating 40 lbs, I was jusssst getting to 10. It took a year to lose that 40, and 10 came back in less than a month of couching and "having a little" in quarantine.  My wild cheat nights consisted of having a single serving can of baked beans with my grilled chicken or having a baked potato instead of brussels sprouts. 

I'm back on the wagon, but I really, really get feeling like I am eating less that everyone around me, and still not losing. 

What has worked best for me was eating my main meal earlier in the day and something light for dinner, then moving into one meal a day (OMAD). I thought it was going to be hard, but it isn't too bad. Plus, at least for the program I'm doing, it's one MEAL, so you can open your window with yogurt or whatever, and close it later with something small. On Good Friday, our church leadership asked us to fast for the pandemic (get a cure, support health workers, etc.). No problem. I can guarantee you if someone told me to fast 6 months ago, I would have said no way. My weight loss is steady at around 1-3 lbs a week. I tried keto, doing veg keto at first, then regular, but I feel much better eating what I want, such as a potato, during my 1 meal. I don't go crazy w/the carbs (diabetic), but it's nice not to feel guilty if I have a potato. 

• Love 3
Just now, ShoePrincess said:

I'm very late to the snarkfest. I just started watching my recording.

My first observations ...

Thise poor oink panties. That's a lot to ask of a small amount of fabric

The toilet bath is a first.

She has a job and takes care of her daughter, so thise are the plusses.

I hope she's successful.

Dream big, is what I always say.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

For those of you who watch What We Do In the Shadows, this episode has become Colin Robinson, the Energy Vampire.

giphy.gif

Yes!!

5 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

If you have a link Id love to see that. Were there any long term effects for them?

1 hour ago, Suzywriter said:

I'm also a little under 60, mixed, and beige with rust colored freckles. Dark, even-toned skin seemed like a good thing to me. Or light, even toned skin. Or glowing white, even toned skin.  Or not freckles! 😉

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1547245665725.jpg_1547245684681.jpeg

Okay girlfriend, just stop being so damned gorgeous AND adorable! Much love to you!😇

• Love 10
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I sure hope that show returns!

Season 2 premieres tonight at 10!