Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

Okay wait.  He doesn't know if he wants to marry her but she's definitely coming over on a K-1 so they can get married??  OY, this show.  

And he went to the embassy when he was in Kiev, because there was some hold-up that made him suspicious of her past.  But, there's no mention of that now.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, kacesq said:

I’m wondering why he had to buy the land if it’s been in his family. Unless he had to buy out other family members?

That often happens, if more than one person has a claim to the land, then you have to buy the others out to keep it.    And sometimes they're just leasing the land, and buy it from the owners.   

People who are applying for K-1 or spouse visa, or any other type can't visit the U.S. for any reason until the visa they applied for is granted.   Too many came here to visit, and disappeared.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Okay wait.  He doesn't know if he wants to marry her but she's definitely coming over on a K-1 so they can get married??  OY, th

The K-1 visa is actually intended to let a couple get to know each other better on the same soil so they can decide if they want to proceed and get married.

1 minute ago, GrammyPammy said:

The K-1 visa is actually intended to let a couple get to know each other better on the same soil so they can decide if they want to proceed and get married.

I thought the 90 days was to get the wedding in order.

I was under the impression you should know if you want to marry the person when you apply for the K1

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:
10 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

There's something very Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction" about Natalie.

I just saw Glenn Close in “Hillbilly Elegy” and she was unrecognizable 

I thought it was Cloris Leachman at first, LOL!
The film got mixed reviews but I quite liked it.

My son and his wife from Thailand had a K-1 visa, and the government purpose states that it’s to further the relationship, not for wedding planning.

Edited by GrammyPammy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Don't tell me they aren't going to have the Cougar on tonight's episode. If it weren't for this chat I may have bailed on this season and I wanted to see somebody from my town. 

Patience, patience - the night is young. (and the boredom makes it seem twice as long).

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

IIRC didn’t Mike and Natalie file for the K1 visa but there was some hangup and Natalie was told she wouldn’t be getting it for a while? And that’s why Mike went to Ukraine? So then it makes some kind of sense that the K1 came thru now. It’s not as if they filed it after that disastrous trip.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Yes; looks like a trainwreck.

Oh if its anything like past seasons it will be oodles of trainwrecky goodness. 

2 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I thought the 90 days was to get the wedding in order.

I was under the impression you should know if you want to marry the person when you apply for the K1

Its a fiance visa. The couple is engaged and plans to marry. Its not a "getting to know you" situation. 

• Love 11