Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Devon: wait until you see my bald head with the mask on. I look like a balloon with a rubber band stretched across it from the back. Creepy as hell.

Even though I thought Devon looked fine, this is making me giggle uncontrollably. 

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, guess Tucker was wearing his formal turtleneck

I thought he was going to change, but nope. Everyone’s going to be looking at his date anyway. Tucker must be pure magic because this is the most I’ve liked Ashley, ever. From her gross fixation on Victor to her shite attitude toward Jack, I was never particularly thrilled to see her on my screen.

Show has got to flush Nick and Sally down whatever toilet they were dredged up from. As much as I enjoy roasting Banana Breath, this pairing is nigh unbearable to watch or listen to. All they do is defile Sally’s bed, with Nick making his corny dad jokes and acting like a big brother/father figure. Sally is a shell of herself. It’s good to know that Nick’s plantain shoots liquid Xanax; it certainly explains how he lost the paternity sweepstakes. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Jill:  I am more concerned about my company than my former hussy  of a daughter in law is screwing the brains out of the guy my mother left billions to that she should have left me.

OK--the Jill I remembered was a fiery redhead who was the town's shall we say, good times girl. and her mother died of beast cancer--that was back in he Snapper days in the very beginning.????

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Okay, maybe I'm having an alternate-universe moment, but I do recall someone redecorating the Abbot manse, making a big deal about it, then quietly the manse was reredecorated back. Anyone else?

I remember ButtBiscuit redecorating the Chancellor Mansion some years back when Jill let him move in, painting everything gray, etc., and Show getting such crap about the desecration that they redid it to it's more original look, but I don't remember anything like that happening at the Abbott Manse.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Michelle Stafford was on ABC's The Talk today, and what I realized is that she is Phyllis - did the writers always write the character that way, or did they alter the character over time to fit MC's personality, because I only started watching Y&R when Gina Tognoni was playing Phyllis, and the difference between the two seems like night-and-day.

Yes GT and MS are completely different in portraying Copperhead.  GT made Copperhead more levelheaded, calmer, and rational.  MS was brought back in to make Copperhead, once again, a cartoon character who’s irrational, animated, and manic. The monkeys with a keyboard had to go back to MS because, IMHO, GT could not pull off a manic Copperhead. 

IMHO, Summer had to be recast since HK wouldn’t be believable as anything but a snowflake when Summer was made into a more mature semi sophisticated business woman. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't understand the masks.

Adam, Devon, Daniel, Michael and Tucker look nice. Sharon (except for her hair), Sally, Abby, Ashley, Jill, Lily, Diane, Summer, Mamie and Traci look great! Nikki on the other hand looks washed out and dull. Victoria looks awful.

Has Nikki always been a snooty social climber? The way she and Victoria scattered off to say hello to the Lt. Governor was grasping and gross.

Phyllis is so pathetic and manipulative. Also, when did she become a creepy walking wax figure? 

3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Okay, maybe I'm having an alternate-universe moment, but I do recall someone redecorating the Abbot manse, making a big deal about it, then quietly the manse was reredecorated back. Anyone else?

This sounds vaguely familiar. Was it something Chloe and Sally, or Chole and Chelsea, were going to do for a magazine shoot or something? And they promised to put everything back exactly the way it was afterwards?

Edited by Kitty Redstone
Forgot to mention Ashley, who looks amazing.
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Seems to me Jill did not follow the deal she made with Victor.

Did she actually make the deal? When she started talking about family and feelings I thought maybe she ditched Victor's idea and decided to drop the IPO to salvage the family unity.  Ya know, it's what Catherine and Neil would have wanted.

17 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why did Stark walk out of the Grand Phoenix carrying a backpack?  Who goes to a formal event with one of those, unless there’s something inside to cause chaos?

My first thought was "that's a lot of C4".

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

First the show cut the budget for hair stylists, next clothing, then came the era of disappearing sets, all the writers have been fired, and now today we are faced with the actors who are remaining on what I will dub the "Ship of Fools" GC Bicentennial Gala. Where are Elena, Allie, Noah, Tessa, Mariah, and Chance? 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Summer had to be recast since HK wouldn’t be believable as anything but a snowflake when Summer was made into a more mature semi sophisticated business woman. 

I thought the reason HK and MM got let go was because they wanted more $$$$ - apparently MM caved because he's back as Kyle

• Like 3

So MS is staggering around like a slobering drunk trying to make amends with her son and daughter, telling each of them "No matter what happens, please remember how proud I am of you," so I've got a sneaking suspicion that whatever Stark has planned, it's going to end in carnage - unless Phyllis runs through the crowd screaming for everybody to get out before he can carry out his plan, that is.

27 minutes ago, MollyB said:

My first thought was "that's a lot of C4".

I'm guessing that's nitroglycerin in that little blue bottle he pulled out of his backpack - who's hotel room is he in?

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

Elena - who looked fabulous - showed up at the very end to see Victoria holding Nate's hand. Audra sidled up behind her to stoke her (justified) paranoia.

Who is this Leanne person?

Tucker looked as bored with the gala as I was. I was hoping for better. It was great to see the GCAC again, though.

I sincerely hope that Victor doesn't prevail over Devon and Tucker. There's no reason at all that Devon couldn't have Tucker's company and retain an interest in HW.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Leanne "Love" Randolphe is a blast-from-the-past gossip columnist who was last seen in 2007 - she got involved with Jack Abbott, and she and Victor thought they were married, but Nikki showed up to tell Victor that their divorce hadn't gone through - she got in trouble with just about everybody in GC because of some tell-all books she wrote about them - needless to say, nobody likes her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

First the show cut the budget for hair stylists, next clothing, then came the era of disappearing sets, all the writers have been fired, and now today we are faced with the actors who are remaining on what I will dub the "Ship of Fools" GC Bicentennial Gala. Where are Elena, Allie, Noah, Tessa, Mariah, and Chance? 

I can see Mariah and Tessa not coming because they're at home with the new baby. (Have they told us a name yet?) The others have no excuse.

• Like 12

Nick: You’re sticking it to me, aren’t you?

Adam: Like I’m tapping you for maple syrup, bro.

Nick: My date is having your baby and my ex is looking fine as hell on your arm. Sharon could not give fewer fucks that I have a young hottie hooked on vitamin D if she became a nun. You look like Bruce Wayne with that mask on. If I were smarter, I’d be jealous.

Adam: If ifs were horses, beggars would ride.

Sally: That’s an amazing dress, Sharon.

Sharon: Thank you! And yours is… yeah. Let’s go grab some champagne.

Nick: OMG SHARON WHAT THE FUCK. 

Sharon: I’m sorry for being insensitive. I forget the world revolves around Sally’s uterus.

@@@@@@

Jack: Hello. I’ll be your waiter for this evening.

Diane: Do try the veal.

Leanna: It’s me, Leanna Love! Goodness, Jack Abbott and… Diane Jenkins. Imagine my surprise when I learned Nikki’s drunken stoning didn’t take.

Diane: Well, bitch has plenty of other victims.

Leanna: Are you and Jack a thing? Wait, actually, I don’t care. I need to go inside and find something exciting to write about.

Jack: Did you notice how curious she was about about our relationship? She’s going to spoil our big news.

Diane: Put the engagement ring in your pocket. To protect it. Not because it’s ugly.

Phyllis: The plot, like my lipstick, thickens.

@@@@@

Nick: There’s my sis. You’re looking fierce.

Victoria: I’m hunting big game tonight.

Sally: You look sensational, Victoria. I think I detect a spot of color on your cheeks.

Victoria: Hmmph. I thought I got rid of that. Anyhow, you really should learn the art of camouflage. Covering a flat baby bump is so unnecessary.

Nick: She’s right. Let everyone see those milk jugs.

Nikki: I have swanned over here to acknowledge my children.

Nick: Cool party, Mom. Needs more tequila and maybe a wet t-shirt contest, but I’ll overlook it.

Sally: It’s a wonderful gala, Nikki. The atmosphere is amazing. I can’t wait to see what surprises you have in store.

Nikki: Did it just speak to us?

Victoria: Let us go find a minor politician to grace with our presence before the serfs get the idea it’s acceptable to address us.

@@@@@@

Victor: How can you be seen with this specimen in public?

Ashley: Whatever. Whatever. I do what I want.

Victor: Can’t you see Ashley has plans for you?

Tucker: Don’t threaten me with a good time, buddy.

Victor: Sell me your company.

Tucker: No.

Ashley: Dismissed.

@@@@@@@

Billy: Hope no one else bought their suit at Valets-R-Us. Where is that Chelsea? It’s not a true gala until she blesses it.

Chelsea: It is I, Earth mother of Genoa City. Billy, I’m afraid we’re going to have to sit down and really analyze me. I’ll be gazing into my own navel until I can see belly button lint in my sleep. You will shower me with reassurances.

Billy: Whatever it takes to get to third base.

Chelsea: This town needs me at the festivities. I need to bask in their adulation and sympathy. On the other hand, what if I’m too transparent about hoovering up the attention? That could set me back.

Billy: I can always pull you back with a light intake of air.

Chelsea: Of course, people need to see you in that tuxedo. Laughter is the best medicine.

@@@@@@

Jill: Still traveling the world on my dime, Mamie?

Mamie: Dime? Sweet cheeks, I got enough dimes to stuff one of Billy’s nostrils.

Jill: How nice. By the way, my last name is still Abbott. It has been for decades. You can stop sending postcards to Jill Slagbutt.

Mamie: News to me.

Jill: Look, Mamie, we’ve both talked a lot of shit over the years, and I may or may not have ruined your main chance at happiness. But we’ve grown old gracefully. Bygones?

Mamie: Not today, Satan.

@@@@@@@

Jeremy: Got my villainy kit ready. Gold mask, check. Burner phone, check. Bottle of mysterious liquid - this better not be a sex crime kit. I steal shit and associate with lunatics, but this ain’t my lane. Oh well, time to send an ominous text to my partner.

@@@@@@@

Phyllis: Daniel. SOB  I’m so proud of you. Proud of you. Your accomplishments are amazeballs. No matter what happens, no matter what psychotic shenanigans I get up to, always know that I think you’re the cat’s ass. You landed me a rock star. Lily, this is a good man. A good man. I mean, this is a huge step up from Billy and Cane. SOB.

Daniel: What the actual fuck?

Phyllis: Summer, I know you’d rather be in the lounge than standing out here, wondering if you can get elephant tranqs shot into my ass. SOB. But listen. Listen. You’ve become an amazing person. An amazing mother. We’ve shared clothes and Billy Abbott. You landed me the missing link. No matter what any police officer, prosecutor or criminal court judge says about me, always know that I think you’re above average. SOB.

Summer: That was so fucked up.

Traci: Word.

@@@@@

Nikki: Where is Lauren? I fear I shall have to make an example of some peasants if she cannot be prompt. Start heating the tar, laborers!

Lauren: I’m here! Sorry. I forgot how time consuming it is to dip oneself in gold.

Nikki: Good people! Let us meander to the lounge, where a delightful surprise awaits.

The lounge fills.

Nikki: Genoa City is 200 years old.

Victor: I remember when it was just a twinkle in Pangea’s eye.

Nikki: It’s a place where you can start a business, open a coffee shop, live openly as undead and go spelunking in North America’s vastest cave system, the Abbott Sinuses. It’s a wonderful place to crime if you’re rich.

Victor: Neil Winters was one of our finest citizens. He never batted an eyelash when I’d snatch a fly out of the air with chopsticks. I have very few friends for reasons I cannot fathom. Neil was one of the finest.

Nikki: He and I would do regular pub crawls around town, roasting everyone who crossed our paths. I was so… common.

Victor: My daughter Abby will now make a special presentation. I have another daughter?

Abby: Tonight we honor Neil Winters by opening a new jazz lounge with his name on it. Yay!

Devon: Thank you.

Victor: Neil would want you to play nice with your sister, k? You aren’t the only one who can invoke his name, yougotthat?

Nate: This is cool.

Lily: And awkward. Don’t forget awkward.

@@@@@@@

Ashley: Leanna Love. Hold my earrings.

Tucker: Cat fight?

Mamie: Ashley. Let me steer you gracefully away from a tawdry scene.

Ashley: Let’s take some cracks at Jack. Please?

Tucker: Fun sponge.

Mamie: Well, this must be your boy, Jack. What an interesting mask. The duck tail feathers are a most fetching embellishment.

Summer: Tee hee.

Mamie: And you have a lovely wife and son. It’s so heartwarming that those months believing you were brother and sister didn’t dampen your romantic feelings.

Summer: Ow.

Mamie: I hope he has your values, Jack.

Jack: Oh he does. Mostly. He’s kind of a dick, if I’m being honest.

@@@@@@@

Victor: You weren’t invited, Leanna.

Leanna: Yet here I am.

Victor: You’re a naughty girl who needs a spanking.

Tucker: Kill me now.

@@@@@@@

Nate: Did you know about this Neil Winters lounge?

Victoria: I wasn’t in the loop. I would have gently whispered it in your ear, perhaps accompanied by a nibble, so you could dunk on Devon by knowing something he didn’t.

Nate: This feels like a perfect time to touch your hand.

Elena: …

Audra: Don’t go over there until I get my popcorn.

@@@@@@

Devon: Here we sit, in a lounge named after our Dad. Man.

Lily: Everyone keeps insisting we work it out.

Devon: He’s staring us down from up there. The heavy handed symbolism is all a bit much.

Lily: Resistance is futile.

@@@@@@

Phyllis: CAW! Caw caw. CAW!

Jeremy: Are you getting cold feet?

Phyllis: That asshole was laughing it up with my daughter. It’s time to go full metal Pennywise.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

Did they scrap Noah’s 70s game show set nightclub in order to bring the Athletic Club back? I enjoyed seeing it again. Speaking of Noah, where is the grandson of the galas organizer and his Abbot girlfriend? 

If you are going to subject us to Nostrils and the Nutjob, have them at the gala so their annoying ways are watered down by the other people! And take that stupid wig off!

Nate, you are a turncoat and soon to be Victorias f#ck boy. Leave Lily and Devon alone! What a pathetic man. He’s got a beautiful doctor live in girlfriend and he’s making goo goo eyes at his anorexic scarecrow boss.

Nikk turning her nose at Sally. Screw you stripper!

Sharon you could do worse than Adam. Wait, you have done worse than Adam.

🤣 Tucker is kind of hilarious. Were his eyes all the way closed at one point?

I wish someone had shot a tranquilizer dart into Phyllis. She’s a one woman clown show.

I hope they keep the gala going for the whole next week. It’s the best this shows been in awhile.

• Like 10
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Dear lord this is the lamest freaking ball EVER. I was actually excited because I thought it was going to be an actual costume ball with masks, like previously when David Kimble shot people. I got excited when I saw Leanna Love, but FFd through pretty much the whole boring-assed thing. Ugh. 

What's up with Chelsea's hair today? Wow, that's a choice. 😳😬 I can't tell if I like Victoria's hair or not.

Tucker has devolved into a boring blob. It's really getting cringey at this point.

Here's hoping Jeremy Starke will liven up this party a little. It's soooo lame.

• Like 10
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I thought the reason HK and MM got let go was because they wanted more $$$$

HK(ex Summer) seems to be Miss Hallmark channel now. 

4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

She began like Phyllis. She was a total psycho who harassed Ashley and her psychiatrist husband. He treated Ashley after she went crazy aborting Victor's baby. They were in Hawaii, and she tried to poison Ashley with a poisoned le  i(Ashley never knew). That's a lei you'll never forget. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Count me in as being super disappointed in the “Masked Ball”. With characters from the past coming back I was hoping for flashbacks. They flashback to the day before all the time, but no past scenes for the 60th?

“I’m having so much fun.” - Tucker spread out on the bar. 🤣🤣 The turtleneck was bad though.

Jack always looks good in a tux and Elena looked gorgeous the 2 seconds I saw of her at the end.

Nikki looked like the Devil in that dress and standing up next to Victor with the red background only made it more apparent.

Why do they keep dressing Sally like she’s not pregnant? There was no pregnancy showing AT ALL and a woman who supposedly knows fashion would’ve gotten a different dress in time for the “event of the year”! Sheesh.

I loved the character during the many years the actor was on, but I’m starting to find the constant references to Neil super creepy. 

• Like 16

I was decidedly unimpressed with the women’s attire. And most especially their hair. I kept wondering how they were all working all day when they should have been getting their hair, nails and makeup done to get ready for the gala. Then I saw them all at the gala and realized they just went home, threw on a dress and walked out the door. Well, except Victoria, who took the time to crimp her hair. And it still looked like a hot mess. 

Im not a big fan of one-shouldered dresses, but Abby’s was pretty…until I saw the back, or lack thereof. Lily’s girls were just droopy in that dress. Diane’s looked like it was made of metal. And Nikki? My first thought was Wonder Woman.

what a huge disappointment this ‘ball’ turned out to be. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

Did anyone else notice yesterday when Nikki and Victor arrived at the gala and they were standing up at the front? Nikki was telling Vic that he needed to go over to the bar to go over his speech and they had his favorite Tequiila in stock. Before she could get halfway through that, he started talking over her. She valiantly carried on while he was being off the wall.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

I’m with Tucker this is the lamest party ever. Although his date is the fiercest woman there by far, telling people to step off left and right.

There was a LAUGHABLY small number of people in the room for the unveiling of the jazz club. They really couldn’t round up a few more extras to make it look crowded ?

And I know it’s a touchy subject because the cast clearly loved Kristoff St John and want to honor him, but I am SO SICK of hearing about Saint Neil.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I nearly LOL'd when I saw Copperhead's make up. Who the hell does her lips? They looked like the lip liner went all the way up to her nose and down to her chin.

I'm still digesting the party, I'm at a disadvantage because I am semi blinded from all the sparkle.

• Like 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

And I know it’s a touchy subject because the cast clearly loved Kristoff St John and want to honor him, but I am SO SICK of hearing about Saint Neil.

I agree.  Maybe, to honor all of Neil, they should have opened that jazz club in the same drafty boathouse he held an ill and comatose Hillary captive?  

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Yup, it was a letdown. I thought it would be a full fledged costume ball in an actual ballroom. Instead half of it was in the lobby. By the way, Victor doesn't own the GCAC does he? How could they have redecorated and named the Jazzbaby room after Neil?  This hope they didn't put too much money into it as it looks like it may be blown to smithereens in the next hour or so. 

I just had a thought: maybe Sally will lose the baby if there is a bombing.

Elena was the classiest and loveliest woman there.

Phyllis is acting like she thinks she is gonna die. Wouldn't that mean the plan is for everyone to die?  Show might be good next week.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

I’m with Tucker this is the lamest party ever. Although his date is the fiercest woman there by far, telling people to step off left and right.

There was a LAUGHABLY small number of people in the room for the unveiling of the jazz club. They really couldn’t round up a few more extras to make it look crowded ?

Yes, the Neil crap has been played out to the point of idiocy. His photo front and center is always part of what goes on in Devon's living room. The man has been dead 4 years. How is the dedication of a jazz venue at the GCAC club related to a Bicentennial for the city? I fail to make the connection of how a jazz club honoring him is reflective of 200 years history in a city. I think Tucker was pretty much speaking for the viewing audience with his statement about how much "fun" the gala was. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Adam’s mask looks like an arrow.  When standing next to Banana Breath, it’s pointing out that this guy should be in a fool’s mask.  

About calling Copperhead C3P0 for the duration of the gala. Point taken, but that would be an insult to C3P0 😜.  

Adam’s quips are on 🔥. Especially using a picture of the four of them as his Christmas Card 😂.  

Why didn’t Cruella walk the red carpet?  Is that beneath her?  The same for Copperhead. She probably just slithered in.  Did Copperhead just get a shot of Botox in her lips?  With that and the red lipstick, she doesn’t need a mask.  

Does Devon still own the GCAC?  If not, who does and why would they have the newly decorated lounge called the Neil Winters Jazz Lounge?  The new lounge makes Noah’s club look like a hangout clubs for the rich and not so famous. 

No Mariah or Tessa?  I’m quite sure Tessa would be the most beautiful woman in the room. Lauren’s dress was not bad but very surprising. I guess her cleavage had the night off. 

I find the pimple under Chelsea’s nose getting more noticeable. Since she has been going out with Nostrils, Chelsea seems to be growing a second nose in solidarity with Nostrils. 

Yes HK wanted more money but, to the monkeys with a keyboard, she wasn’t worth it. I would imagine, during the negotiation period, with HK, the monkeys with a keyboard would have kept her for the money they offered hoping HK can pull off being a more mature Summer as business woman and step mom.  That’s the direction the monkeys with a keyboard wanted to take when they brought Summer back to GC. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Leanna Love. Is she still a celebrity or merely one in her own mind?

Leave it to bitter-faced Victoria to be mean to Sally right off the bat. But I don't know what Sally called herself trying to hide. Her stomach is as flat as Victoria's chest. 😼

Tucker was a riot. The guy has no filter and I am here for it.

Wow, did Nikki actually refuse to acknowledge Adam's presence? Her snobbery never takes a vacation.

"Jill Foster." Mamie coming in hot! But it is weird to me that Jill decided to use Abbott as her last name. Why not Chancellor?

Wasn't expecting Mamie to be so gracious to Diane wrt Kyle. She does know how and why Kyle was conceived, right?

Why was Phyllis acting like she was saying her final goodbyes to her kids? Hope that wasn't part of the big plot with Jeremy to end Diane once and for all.

Oh, Audra popped up out of nowhere. She was flying solo for no good reason AFAIC. Sigh. Have she and Chance met?

I've been a jazz aficionado since before I was born and I don't think I've ever heard it referred to as "Americana music." Am sitting firmly on my hands on that one. 😐

Now Devon will feel beholden to Victor for the public gesture honoring Neil's memory and will pass on buying McCall Unlimited. I hope Tucker sells MU to a investor outside of GC with pockets deep enough to tell the Newmans to go eff themselves.

Nate using Mamie to back Lily into a corner. Ugh, a POS in a tuxedo is still a piece of shite, cuz. Olivia would not be proud.

Yeah baby, Ashley was about to kick off her high heels, remove her earrings, put Vaseline on her face, and proceed to beat Leanna Love's gossiping a$$! Worldstar!!!!

It was amazing to see so many extras interacting in the background. CBS definitely opened their checkbook for this event.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I sincerely hope that Phyllis was saying goodbye to her kids in her usual “woe is me~ I’m so put upon and misinterpreted.This woman needs to be killed dead! She looked deranged today!!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Is Phyllis planning to fake her death and frame Diane? The character has been so obsessed and unhinged for so many months, I can’t follow her actions at all.

I think the show knows they have a good thing going with Susan Walters and wouldn’t kill Diane, but who knows.

I wish they would’ve done something else with Stark then tying him to Phyllis. He could’ve been an interesting character.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

That red carpet pap walk was ridiculous.

MoP is a nasty bitch.

Why does everyone think that a tiny mask - and one on a stick that's removable- makes it impossible to know who every asshole is...what the actual fuck?

Old Man Saggy Balls has a way with words doesn't he? 'Tucker you're an asshole. A real piece of shit. Say, when are you selling me your company you asshole!'

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Tucker is the best part of any episode. 

But his bored AF facial expressions were the embodiment of all of us. 

More than anything right now, I want a scene where Tucker is face to face with Chelsea and her endless yammering about her feelings, her insecurities, etc.  I want to see him puncture the self-regard of that egomanical gasbag. 

She probably explode and spew gooey droplets of narcissism all over ButtBiscuit in his maroon tuxedo of despair.  He dresses more and more like a cartoon version of Ichabod Crane.  I swear he must have shellacked his face before getting dressed for the gala, you could see your reflection in those shiny apple doll cheekbones of his.

Then there's Nikki.......from the red carpet, 

giphy.gif

to the receiving line, she couldn't have been more charming.  Seriously, she couldn't.  She's become completely insufferable.  I used to like her, more than not.  Currently I'm stuck on "not".

How great was it when Mamie refused to let bygones be bygones with Jill?

So what's Jeremy going to do with the little bottle he's got?  All I'm sure of is that whatever happens will be a real disappointment, since consistent plot disappointment is something Josh Griffith seems to pride himself on.

ETA - wasn't there also some sort of dedication to Neil at that party they threw for the amalgamation of Chancellor/Winters?  The party they had in the ballroom at the Grungy Putrescence when Phyllis still owned it?

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11

I did find it weird that Mamie seemed to fumble with Lily’s kids’ names and the impression was that none of the Barber/Winters/Hastings clan keep in touch. Nice to see her, even if I loved OG Mamie better, but it was kind of random. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, lgprimes said:

They really couldn’t round up a few more extras to make it look crowded ?

I thought that the extras all looked like they were the stand-ins/under-studies for the cast.

3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

This hope they didn't put too much money into it as it looks like it may be blown to smithereens in the next hour or so. 

Didn't Ryder try to blow the place up? And Pattycakes was somehow involved...

• Like 8
On 3/23/2023 at 10:46 PM, Js Nana said:

The character of Devon Hamilton made his first appearance in June of 2004 and the character of Mamie Johnson made her last appearance, until now, in September of 2004, so there was some overlap - anyone know if those two characters were ever introduced?

When Devon was introduced, he was the street urchin foster kid with trust issues and a chip on his shoulder who spent all his time at the community rec center that Victor had to establish in lieu of jail time for his commercial bribery scheme.  Dru and Lily were volunteering to help get the place open and that's how they all met.  It took a while for that to play out, so if Mamie left three months after Devon arrived, I doubt their paths ever crossed.  It didn't look like they even knew each other at the party, and Devon wasn't included in the get-together plan with Lily and Nate.   

The masks looked *really* cheap, like they came from Party City or a junior high art class assignment.  I was kind of expecting something like those amazing Venetian Carnival masks.  It also looked like Nick and Adam were wearing the same suit.  I wonder if that was planned?  

14 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I vaguely remember this, too.  Was it GT's Phyllis?  And Jack changed everything back when he found out about the affair with Billy?  Phyllis recently floated the idea of re-doing the house for a Marchetti Home photo shoot, but she got her crazy ass fired before anything came of it.

Wasn't there a stage at Society that was also named for Neil?  Ana's father Jett played his comeback show there?  The Neil Winters Jazz Club doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, and it sounds pretty stuffy.  That was a pretty crass ploy on Victor's part.  I hope he gets zero pay-off for it.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I know the actors who play Noah and Allie have been put on reoccurring status, but it was still weird for them not to be mentioned. Sharon could have had a throwaway line about them being out of town and something about Mariah and Tessa being with the baby.

Sit me at the “Tucker is right” table. I hope next week that we at least hear that they’re going in for dinner or heading to the ballroom for dancing. Because otherwise this gala is lame lame.

As for Neil, I do think that it makes sense that he continues to be a strong presence in Devon‘s and Lily’s lives. But I did find the jazz room dedication a little cringe. I actually thought they were going to mention John Abbott.

Edited by tanyak
  • Like 13
  • Love 2

More fashion takes:

I thought Billy in his velvet jacket, white shirt, and black bow tie looked like he was going to the Walnut Grove senior prom. As a 50ish-year old man.

Meanwhile, Billy said Chelsea is a fashion icon. On what planet, William? She always looks to me like she got dressed in the dark. On Neptune. During an eclipse.

I didn't see Victoria's dress as anything to write home about with its relatively plain color and style. Apparently it also comes in red and IMO that would've been a better choice. Especially since--according to Nikki today--red is Victor's favorite. 🙄

Oy, Lauren, the side view of you was a bit much. You're a tad long in the tooth to have such perky boobs, hon. The golden Greek goddess vibe was fine though it left  Michael looking like he was your chauffeur instead of your husband.

Did Daniel and Billy coordinate their burgundy/maroon jackets? That's going to be interesting for Lily, assuming she even notices.

Audra's dress read "A Little C-Suite Heaux on the Prairie," I'd say. It might've worked better on a taller woman.

Elena's gown: wowzer. The bodice fabric was eye-catching but ehh on the overall color basically matching her skin tone. Hope Worn on TV posts it because I want to know the designer and the price. (ETA: Elisabetta Franchi, originally $1200, marked down to $800. In Y&R's universe I think the label is Marchetti and it would be cool if Kyle or Summer recognized it.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Wasn't there a stage at Society that was also named for Neil?  Ana's father Jett played his comeback show there?  The Neil Winters Jazz Club doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, and it sounds pretty stuffy.  That was a pretty crass ploy on Victor's part.  I hope he gets zero pay-off for it.

That's it, Snaporaz, thank you!  It was at Society, not Phyllis's hotel and it was some sort of stage that we saw once and never again.

Thanks for your most excellent memory!

26 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Meanwhile, Billy said Chelsea is a fashion icon. On what planet, William? She always looks to me like she got dressed in the dark. On Neptune. During an eclipse.

LOL!!  Fab post, Joimiaroxeu!  Especially  "like she got dressed in the dark. On Neptune. During an eclipse."

Edited by boes
  • Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Someone on another soap forum pointed out why it's extra bad that Chance is nowhere to be seen at the bicentennial gala.

Phillip Chancellor IV is the great-great-great-great-grandson of the founder of Genoa City, Garfield Dandridge Chancellor. A such, his blood is bluer than even the Abbotts', and at birth he was more of an aristocrat than the nouveau-riche, social climbing Newmans.

Ugh, I couldn't stand how Nikki and Victor postured today like the Newmans are GC's royal family. When Victor first arrived in GC he was selling stuff out of the trunk of his car, and NIkki's stripper past is not a secret. They're ridiculous and AFAIC they will never have enough money to buy actual class. Grrr.

Re the continued veneration of Neil, I wonder if TPTB still feel some guilt about KSJ's untimely death. Allegedly he heard he was being reduced to recurring status and would be phased out, and that was part of the reason he became emotionally troubled enough to end his own life.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1

I think Chance will still show up. I saw a clip on Instagram of all of the women walking by a camera individually and smiling or blowing a kiss or whatever. Nina and Christine were included and dressed in formalwear. My guess is they will show up on Monday’s episode and Chance will be escorting his mother.

ETA: Chloe and Esther were also in the video, so it seems a handful of folks still haven’t showed up. Maybe we will end up seeing Mariah/Tessa/Noah/Allie.

Edited by tanyak
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 3/23/2023 at 1:55 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

Reporter #1: Yeah, I got this assignment after I accidentally sent dick pics to the editor. I guess I’m lucky he didn’t fire me.

Reporter #2: It’s fucking cold here. Who gives a shit about Genoa City?

Reporter #1: Whoa. That lady in the fortune teller curtain rolled up with a walking, talking corpse. Holy shit!

Reporter #2: Hey, bud, what brings an undead to this bicentennial gala?

Victor: We like to party too, k? I once attended a birthday party for Ivan the Terrible. He spiked the punch and most of the guests. Yougotthat?

Nikki: Let’s go inside. Inside. I hope everyone behaves. Gathering all the assholes in Genoa City in one room and giving them all a cloak of anonymity is a quality idea.

Victor: The evening is doomed. Just kidding. Kidding about the kidding. I don’t kid around.

@@@@@@

Tucker: Guess who?

Ashley: You need a mask for your turtleneck to fool me.

Tucker: Let’s go to the masquerade together.

Ashley: I’m going solo.

Tucker: I heard Genoa City has a law about women going to social events unchaperoned.

Jack: Can you hear my disapproving face from there?

@@@@@@@

Abby: Amanda, please, can we talk?

Amanda: Well, you’ve got your clothes on today, so why the hell not?

Abby: I’m sorry.

Amanda: Whatever.

Abby: I know I caused you pain by riding Devon like Space Mountain. You can sense how sincere I am by the fact I’m about to talk smack about your case and demand you give Devon everything he wants. I’ll grab at some bonus points by implying you’re just a vengeful shrew.

Amanda: Bish, you need to go ride the teacups until your head gets turned around straight.

@@@@@@

Nate: Ah, Devon. Let me get all up in your business.

Devon: You don’t even care.

Nate: I care about the appearance of caring.

Devon: You’re just trying to assuage your guilt. Nice suit, by the way. Didn’t know they opened up a Valets-R-Us in GC.

Nate: Thank you. Look, I just want you and Lily to stop fighting. I desperately need someone to talk to about my boss trying to climb me like K2 and that’s not a good topic to cover with Elena.

@@@@@

Nick: Lol. I’mma ruin NinjaPenguins’ whole day.

Sally: I’m soooo nervous. I’m just a nervous Nellie. A scatterbrained, insecure numpty with no chill and all the joy of Victorian funeral photos.

Nick: Chill out, babe. I took both Gas-X and Beano today.

Sally: I’M SHOWING! My expanding uterus is the center of the Genoa City universe. The reporters probably have an ultrasound wand camera ready.

Nick: Let me possessively touch your belly in a creepy, skin-crawling way.

Sally: Only good things can come from fetishizing a woman’s reproductive organs.

Nick: That baby bump is hot, y’all. So’s the one on the left. Lol boobies.

@@@@@

Jill: I really thought Devon would drop his suit when I gave in on the IPO. The healing was supposed to begin.

Lily: Aargh.

Jill: I could really go for some plums right now. Or grapes. Maybe eggplant?

Lily: What made you flush the IPO?

Jill: I spoke to a very wise man. He said his name was Barney and that you should watch your back. That was his cousin you’re wearing.

@@@@@@

Jack: Ashley! How dare you! You’re besmirching the Abbott name and all the Abbotts who have lived or will ever live. Remove this stain on the family’s honor posthaste!

Tucker: Good to see you too, Jack.

Ashley: Eat shit and die, bro.

Jack: Mamie will absolutely die of shame when she sees you with Tucker. The Abbott name means something.

Ashley: And then you married Phyllis.

Tucker: Tonight is going to be fucking awesome.

@@@@@@

Victoria: You eat boogers. And pretty soon you’ll be eating Tucker’s boogers. I will be running McCall while you hit the booger buffet.

Adam: You’re thinking of Nick, though I can’t imagine why anyone would want to.

Victoria: Dad’s going to force feed you boogers. Not a billion dollar company.

Adam: I’m actually qualified to run McCall Unlimited. You know what your problem is?

Victoria: I’m too good at everything?

Adam: You’re so far up your own ass that you can’t see that other people have mad skillz. You don’t know shit about shit.

Nate: Fie, sir! I challenge you to a duel over milady’s honor. Rapiers at ten paces!

Victoria: The fact that I just silently orgasmed does not mean I need you to defend me. Adam is a wuss. I can handle him.

Nate: Of course you can, but I never miss a chance to peacock.

Adam: Later, lovebirds. I’m going to get myself a date.

@@@@@@@

Devon: As I gaze at this picture of Neil, I wonder what he’d say to me right now. Probably “polish the silver briefcase of righteous justice weekly.”

Abby: Hey! I ran into Amanda and it went super well. She didn’t even scratch my eyes out or mention the planetarium screen I’m wearing.

Devon: That’s some admirable restraint.

Abby: Let’s get ready for the gala!

Devon: Nah.

Abby: I have an awesome surprise waiting. Move your ass.

@@@@@@@

Summer: Tucker, huh?

Jack: Don’t worry about him or the fact that Ashley is dragging the family name through a Superfund site by parading that miscreant around.

Kyle: My bouffant, like the family name, will continue to rise. Never fear.

Jack: Diane and I feel like Genoa City’s 200th birthday is cool and all, but what if we announced our engagement at the ball and really raised the excitement level? I hear there will be reporters from Romantic Dipshits outside the venue.

Summer: Again, congratulations, but… I mean, this party is a celebration of the whole town, civic spirit, community… I’m just not sure how an engagement announcement fits in.

Kyle: The real hot news is Sally having a flat stomach and baby bump at the same time. It ties my brain in knots.

Jack: Nothing matters but love. Our love. Not even the recent theft of Jabot’s entire stock of lipstick can pry my focus off this engagement.

@@@@@@

Victor: Well, well, Ashley. You bought up Tucker’s debt.

Tucker: Good evening, Victor. Your embalmer did a marvelous job tonight.

Victor: If you bought the debt to piss off Tucker, then why are you on a date with him? The affairs of mortals are most perplexing to me.

@@@@@@

Outside the gala

Reporter: Devon! Can you give us a soundbite?

Devon: Yeah. That is what Katherine and Neil would want me to do.

Abby: As a Newman AND an Abbott, I’m proud to represent both families tonight.

Reporter: Uhhh, no one asked, tho?

Reporter #2: Let’s do an awkward pic with Lily and Devon!

Lily: Oh goodie. I’m sorry, Daniel. You had such an amazing day with Chelsea, glory be her name, and then you get stuck in this situation.

Daniel: Chelsea forgives us our trespasses.

Nick: The last time I wore a mask, it was to gaslight my sister. Tonight, I’m wearing a number from Party City, and my presence here is sponsored by Beano. Beano, because I fart a lot.

Jill: Just gives these vultures what they want, young Newman.

Nick: Well. Okay. He lifts his leg and blows out a melancholy trumpet dirge, concluding with a plaintive squeak. You look hot for an oldster, by the by.

Jill: Did you just slip me the tongue?

Nick: Well, well, well. If it isn’t my date’s babydaddy and his date, my ex-wife. I respect the flex, bro.

@@@@@@

Jeremy: Phyllis! Are you ready? I’ve converted that tasteful gray toilet seat cover into a fine piece of evening wear.

Phyllis: How do I look? Not like someone who robbed a cosmetics warehouse, right? Right?

Jeremy: Are you sure you’re prepared to execute the plan tonight? More importantly, are you prepared for how goddamned disappointing it will be to us and the viewers?

Phyllis: I eat disappointment and defecate vengeance. Let’s go make things right.

Please. Stop. Killing. Me. 🥷🐧 😵

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
17 hours ago, Desperado said:

Nikki looked like the Devil in that dress and standing up next to Victor with the red background only made it more apparent.

I got Rosemary's Baby last scenes vibe. 

15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I find the pimple under Chelsea’s nose getting more noticeable.

I find it most distracting.  Since she is short she has to look up to smile/grin at everyone and that just makes it more noticeable. 

10 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I didn't catch Stark's little bottles, but might it be truth serum? He and Lips have a plan to assault and drug Diane to get her to confess to past crimes? It would be right up this show's alley to do such a stupid story.

I like this better than blowing the whole place up, although aren't all of her past crimes pretty much public knowledge?  Oh, right, this is a stupid story.  I can't see Phylthy blowing herself up because she'd want to caw about Diane's death.   (side query:  didn't Adam blow up a gala and plant a body double in the basement to fake his death?) 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2