Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Finally Jill left the laptop to mingle with the characters! It was clear EB really enjoyed his scenes with JW and I loved the face she made when Victor told her something along the lines of “she didn’t know what she was doing”. 🤣 Although I have to say if it weren’t for Victor saying it, I would agree 100%.

The arbitration scenes were excruciating, with both Devon and Lily looking snotty and acting like children. It was nice to see Mishael Morgan back nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought the woman playing the arbitrator looked kind of like Mamie back in the day. The Mamie who is Lily and Devon's great aunt. Wonder if that casting was deliberate?

I thought the same thing!

I wish Audra would leave Elena out of her scheming. A medical podcast about JT? Out of left field is right. The character is dead-dead now, right?

I watched the eps out of order (oops!), Stark bringing up Nikki’s stripping days was hilarious!

Oh, Traci you way too trusting silly woman.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

I have to give Cruella a little credit when it comes to seducing Natey Nate Nate and that is being persistent to achieve her desire. Cruella actually thinks that walking in front of the desk to show off her boney legs, in exotic stockings, and allowing him to sniff her “perfume” 😉 when it would be more professional to sit behind the desk.

Wow! Christine actually made a very coherent argument as to why Devon wants to dissolve the merger.  Kudos Christine kudos but it’s emotional but legally it doesn’t hold water unless Devon can prove fraud by Jill and Lily. The fraud would be that it was their intent to go public from the get go and it was not disclosed to Devon.  It’s called fraud in the inducement.  The only problem is Amanda’s vague reference to no specific language, in the merger agreement, to being able to take CW public.  I’m quite sure that Amanda addressing Devon and not the arbitrator was payback for Devon’s indiscretion with Abby.  Amanda wants Devon to turn into a chandelier so he’ll hang by day and burn by night.  

Is J.T. coming back?  Is there a possibility that Reed is coming back also. 

Elena doesn’t want to exploit J.T. In reliving his trauma but Nostrils is perfectly fine with Chelsea reliving her trauma. J.T.’s trauma was basically fixed after the surgery but surgery can’t fix Chelsea’s trauma. 

Is see two flaws in Victor’s plan. The first being Devon might buy MU anyway and second Tucker doesn’t have to sell to Victor.  Well there is a third and that being Ashley won’t allow it. With all that said, have you ever known Victor to loose?  Victor can be disingenuous with the best of them. No it’s not that you want to preserve a legacy because Devon and Abby are getting close. It’s because, which you fail to mention, you don’t want Devon to buy MU. 

Who’s being more selfish, Devon or Lily?  I would say it’s a tie.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Devon, having trouble deciding what Whine to pair with that beef you're having with Amanda alluding to your dog with a bone behavior with Abby?  Well cry me a river, just don't do it here in California because we've got enough rain at the moment.

Whoever thought it was a good look for Devon to act like some spoiled middle schooler who didn't want to face his old girlfriend in the principal's office made the wrong choice.  All of Devon's apprehensions about the IPO have been on target, as has been his very deliberative way of approaching his business.  But it's on him for letting things get to where they've gotten.  Apparently, he left some important details to Amanda and never bothered to find out exactly what parameters he would be operating under after the merger.  That's on him, nobody else.  

I didn't really expect Amanda to be the type who would hold a grudge, no matter how deserved, though.  She just didn't seem the type.  Also, Devon paid off her school loans and helped her find her family so he wasn't always playing the dirty dog.  I guess that last act was the killer.

Such a pleasure to see Jill again, and not just a face on a computer screen.  I guess she'll also be at the masked ball?

I guess JT will also be back?  I'd like that, especially if Nick shows up wearing his JT mask as one of you suggested earlier.  There's still an empty hole in Chancellor Park just waiting to be filled in!

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Catching up on yesterdays episode while getting ready for work. Victoria is grossing me out! Her body language with Nate and this stupid dance they are doing is getting old. 
Every time Christine is on, I am hopeful that there is a small chance she will run Phyllis down in her car, back over her, run over her again, back over her, run over her again, shoot her, back over her, stab her, run over her again and then drive off with a smile.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 17

Yesterday left me with little to say, apart from seeing Amanda and Jill again, and Victoria in her red strumpet blouse followed by Daddy Dearest sinking his fangs into Jill to divert Devon. I was happy to see Amanda read Devon's beads. I thought her summation today of her being lucky to find out what a rat he was to be succinct. All I have for Chelsea today trying to appropriate the look of a twenty something with those ratchet hair extensions was a reach that exceeded her gasping grasp. As for Billy, same old, same old. He's learned, it's another fresh start for him, blah, blah, blah. It is IMO, a curious lapse in the plotline, how quickly everyone has dealt with the musical chairs romance aspect of Billy and Devon cutting two accomplished women like Amanda and Lily to the curb for the likes of Abby and Chelsea   If the MWT's pull Phyllis out of her kamikaze dives on everyone's life, I for one will be disgusted beyond belief. Other than that, seems the show will be going on the fumes of re-visiting the good old bad days, and bringing everyone on to some sort of shared trajectory so they can spew out this "gala" on us.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2

Today was especially stupid. I don't even remember how the show ended out of annoyance that the arbitrator didn't throw Jill out of her hearing room.

On another subject, a few people have speculated that Phyllis's stupidity would result in Diane getting hurt or killed. But I wonder if something is going to happen to Summer or Daniel instead. I'm actually a bit concerned for Daniel given that his whole reason for coming back to GC has essentially been taken over by Chelsea. I like Daniel a lot and will be really unhappy if he gets killed off because of his psychopathic mother.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Okay, watching online now. I love how the mediator bitch slapped Amanda, at least that's how it came across. I'm not loving Amanda's bitch face every time Darvon walks into her view. Bitch, you rode that asshole, that's on YOU. That said, Darvon is a piece of shit so there's that.

Jill sashays her crone ass into that room with the swagger of a rapper on stage at Madison Square Garden, I love it!

Daniel and his stupid oSMEGAsphere, and the fawning over Manjaw's AMAZING idea, which sucks. Just, stop already Show.

SyPhyllis' lipstick 'situation' needs to be addressed. Someone really hates her because they put her lip make up on like a drunken clown. I love how she's all 'burn Diane down' and one text from Dummer and she bails. What a puss. Jeremy should know he's gonna have to do this himself, and I'm here for that shit! Here.For.IT. Oh wait, annnnd she's back again, of course she is.

Darvon needs to get his company back or walk. These two idiots are the worst business people ever.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Eh, Jack, I doubt Nikki will appreciate you and Diane upstaging her event with your engagement announcement. It might turn out to have a bleh effect on the festivities. Just sayin'.

Jill sure knows to make an entrance, lol. Wonder if she knocked back a shot or two of Victor's tequila before she went to the arbitration meeting because she was turnt up as the kids say.

People go to school and get all kinds of technical certifications to learn how to design gaming systems. Then they spend years honing their skills. But crazypants Chelsea works up an amazing game just by sitting in the coffeehouse house watching people and then Daniel treats her like she's a candidate for sainthood. AYFKMWTS.

Oy, I wish they'd provided Mamie a better wig. It looked like doll hair to me. Sorry not sorry. 😾 Whatever, yeah Mamie, the Abbott manse is pretty much the way you left it many moons ago. It's basically a museum with boarders at this point.

For her sake I hope the arbitrator got paid up front. Geez, Jill. 🤠

Jeremy told Phyllis nobody will recognize him at the gala behind his mask. He must be planning to wear one that covers his whole head.

Wow, Devon, was it really necessary to go at Amanda like that? Guess you forgot, YOU were the who fcuked up. Literally. This d-bag had the right to remain silent today and IMO he should've used it.

Hope someone informed Mrs. Martinez that there'll be another mouth to feed at the Abbott dining table. Her predecessor. Awkward!

Today Jack declared Billy more mature, centered, and thoughtful now since he's been hanging out with Chelz. OMG Jackie, go sit down. You're goofy.

Aw, StuporGirl,, you sweet summer child. Your outrage is a day late and a dollar short. Your mommy has been lying to your face for months about Stark and you know it. Wah.

Was MCE actually trying to hide her baby bump with that tiny bag? Sigh, that's so unnecessary.

Here comes The Confrontation, finally: Amanda vs. Abby. Hmm, Abigail better be current on her shots because I suspect Amanda is about to go feral on her man-stealing hide.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

There is nothing more entertaining than watching Copperhead rant and rave but I don’t mean it in a good way.  How stupid is Copperhead (rhetorical question). What makes Copperhead think that Summer will want anything to do with her if she sabotages Diane? Does she really care about Summer?  No at all. Copperhead cares more about her uncontrollable rage. Copperhead is like an addict that’s willing to push her family aside for her next drink or fix.  With all that anger and shouting, I wouldn’t be surprised if the hole floor heard it or even down in the lobby.  

Why does the monkeys with a keyboard insist on confusing an old man. Jack brings Diane a dress for the gala. Isn’t the gala going to be a masquerade ball?  Isn’t that how Stark is going to do his dirty work through anonymity.  When was the last time Copperhead was ever able to keep a secret?  Copperhead would bust a blood vessel if she couldn’t gloat about being responsible for getting Diane out of town.  I’m also quite sure, Copperhead will break under Summer’s scrutiny.  Summer may accept Copperhead’s lies but Summer always knows when her mother is lying.  

Daniel are you kidding me?  If Chelsea designing a world like nobody has imagined before is anything like her clothing designs, you will be in deep 💩.  Once again I’m asking, wasn’t Daniel’s concept all about designing games around Lucy?  

GC we have a problem.  No matter IPO or no IPO, the bridges are still burnt.  Devon is still lamenting over Lily bringing Amanda to town. Devon, you fucked up so own it be a man. Get over yourself.  Usually men or even woman don’t break up a relationship unless they have someone else in the wings. For Devon, it’s Tucker and MU.  Lily might have HW within CW but there is no reason that if he buys MU, Devon can change the name to MCCall-Winters to honor Neil. 

I had so much fun today pausing my DVR on Copperhead’s rants. Comedy gold!  In addition, I watched Copperhead’s rants in slow motion where you can actually see venom coming out of her mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Daniel are you kidding me?  If Chelsea designing a world like nobody has imagined before is anything like her clothing designs, you will be in deep 💩.  Once again I’m asking, wasn’t Daniel’s concept all about designing games around Lucy

Extremely lame and unbelievable story line,

eta:No wonder MS is so thin--all that scenery chewing must leave her without an appetite when she gets home.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jill sure knows to make an entrance, lol. Wonder if she knocked back a shot or two of Victor's tequila before she went to the arbitration meeting because she was turnt up as the kids say.

Bitch was lit!

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Eh, Jack, I doubt Nikki will appreciate you and Diane upstaging her event with your engagement announcement. It might turn out to have a bleh effect on the festivities. Just sayin'.

For real! Nothing says, 'fuck your event' like announcing the engagement of one of GC's finest to a conniving grifter. And y'all know how Nikki loves the spotlight of sweet adulation on her...

51 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Once again I’m asking, wasn’t Daniel’s concept all about designing games around Lucy?  

Lucy who?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I wanted to post earlier but I got all caught up in telling these media moguls and heads of state about all the fun ideas I had about fixing climate change, ending homelessness and income inequality as well as disarming North Korea AND Queen Consort Camilla as well as ending musical performances at the Oscars, not to mention giving Funions its own level on the USDA food chart and making sure that pigs really CAN fly!  Lemme tell you, doze folks were all fascinated by my ideas.  FassssscinATED!

No, I have no idea how to implement any of them any more than Chelsea does.  Why?  Do you think that's a problem?

Psssssssssshhhhshaw.

So big bad Jeremy Stark and Bye, Phyllicia think they're going to ruin the gala?  Pssssssshhhhshaw on that, too.  Those two are nothing but pikers.

Mamie could blow it out of the water with all the secrets that woman knows.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Am I wrong, or was Mamie a little less than overjoyed to see Jack back with Diane?

Wonder how everyone's going to take Leanna "Love" Randolphe's return to GC - what cans-of-worms will be re-opened?

Abby's flashback made me think that Bryton James must be shrinking because he looked so much taller in that scene.

Hoping that Stark's surprise for Diane is a real doozy - - will GC Gala attendees be expected to come in costume, or will they just have to wear those fancy face masks with fancy dress?

• Like 9
On 3/21/2023 at 5:11 PM, pvandal said:

I know Audra isn't totally liked here, but I love that she appears to be a sh*t stirrer. GC needs one of those.

Agreed, but she's so transparent it's hard for me to believe that people are naturally taken in by her. Most soap bad girls that come into town have at least one quality that they can tap into that makes them inconspicuous. At least to their targets. Audra seems to lack that & the "business talk" the writers give her, makes her so boring. The actress isn't particularly dynamic either, but she's gotten somewhat better. 

Lily's merger was always dumb & im glad it's being dissloved(or it almost was) but Devon is not getting an ounce of sympathy or deference from me as far as Amanda is concerned. She agreed to be in a relationship with him she didn't cosign to be cheated on...twice...Lol he earned every nasty look & dig she threw at his ass fair and square. It's basic soap protocol after a character gets cheated on, & the SL/optics was bad enough that all Amanda has is her righteous indignation(glad TIIC aren't playing this up too much though). Its not like he'll reflect on anything she said to him anyways. Abby will likely pat him on the back while secretly hoping its never gonna be her turn for him to burn her.

Mamie was before my time so I'm happy to see vintage Y&R through her perspective. Although I disagree with her saying that Billy has John's eyes. I don't recall John having beady voids for eyes but idk John Abbott's best days were before my time too. 

Phyllis doesn't even make me mad so much as she makes me exhausted. Just from watching her tantrum. I don't even like Diane but there is no way I can see anything from Phylty's pov. Probably because Phyllis is a nut job who won't mind her business. When all is said & done, if she doesn't end up in a straight jacket at the very least, then her involvement with Stark will have been a waste of screentime. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jack has so completely lost sanity over Diane, that I'm not surprised he truly believes that an adoring crowd will cheer his taking over the GC bicentennial festivities to announce their engagement while a fireworks display lights up the night-time sky.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Bitch was lit!

For real! Nothing says, 'fuck your event' like announcing the engagement of one of GC's finest to a conniving grifter. And y'all know how Nikki loves the spotlight of sweet adulation on her...

Lucy who?

Lucy is Daniel’s daughter. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
47 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Hoping that Stark's surprise for Diane is a real doozy - - will GC Gala attendees be expected to come in costume, or will they just have to wear those fancy face masks with fancy dress?

I expected for the guests to come in costumes and not just wear a fancy mask but only the mask is to be worn judging that Jack gave Diane a dress and not a costume. 

Even if Stark wears a full face mask, he wouldn’t be able to sneak in and out.  Copperhead is an invited quest so she’s expected to be there.  

• Like 8

I was really hoping that Lucy would stay but it looks like that is not in the cards.

I loved that Mamie.commented that nothing had changed in the house, and she didn't exactly say it in a good way.

• Like 7
  • LOL 10
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

People go to school and get all kinds of technical certifications to learn how to design gaming systems.

people also go to schools and get degrees and certifications and EDUCATION in treating mental issues.  Aaaannnd....going to a gaming platform to cure your depression/anxiety is a sure sign that you should be seeing a professional, in person, not as an avatar, to deal with it.

17 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Today was especially stupid. I don't even remember how the show ended out of annoyance that the arbitrator didn't throw Jill out of her hearing room.

The arbitrator should have told her to sit thefuckdown and shut up.  Jill's "I'm sure we can get her to come back" made me cringe.  The arbiter is probably a retired judge or commissioner and not some lackey that Jill can order around.  I would have cheered had the arbiter said "you're all a bunch of jerks, go home and work this out yourselves and stop bothering the legal system with it.  You're not going to abide by my ruling anyhow.  Maybe Judge Judy can fit you in."

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 5
50 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Reporter #1: Yeah, I got this assignment after I accidentally sent dick pics to the editor. I guess I’m lucky he didn’t fire me.

Reporter #2: It’s fucking cold here. Who gives a shit about Genoa City?

Reporter #1: Whoa. That lady in the fortune teller curtain rolled up with a walking, talking corpse. Holy shit!

Reporter #2: Hey, bud, what brings an undead to this bicentennial gala?

Victor: We like to party too, k? I once attended a birthday party for Ivan the Terrible. He spiked the punch and most of the guests. Yougotthat?

Nikki: Let’s go inside. Inside. I hope everyone behaves. Gathering all the assholes in Genoa City in one room and giving them all a cloak of anonymity is a quality idea.

Victor: The evening is doomed. Just kidding. Kidding about the kidding. I don’t kid around.

@@@@@@

Tucker: Guess who?

Ashley: You need a mask for your turtleneck to fool me.

Tucker: Let’s go to the masquerade together.

Ashley: I’m going solo.

Tucker: I heard Genoa City has a law about women going to social events unchaperoned.

Jack: Can you hear my disapproving face from there?

@@@@@@@

Abby: Amanda, please, can we talk?

Amanda: Well, you’ve got your clothes on today, so why the hell not?

Abby: I’m sorry.

Amanda: Whatever.

Abby: I know I caused you pain by riding Devon like Space Mountain. You can sense how sincere I am by the fact I’m about to talk smack about your case and demand you give Devon everything he wants. I’ll grab at some bonus points by implying you’re just a vengeful shrew.

Amanda: Bish, you need to go ride the teacups until your head gets turned around straight.

@@@@@@

Nate: Ah, Devon. Let me get all up in your business.

Devon: You don’t even care.

Nate: I care about the appearance of caring.

Devon: You’re just trying to assuage your guilt. Nice suit, by the way. Didn’t know they opened up a Valets-R-Us in GC.

Nate: Thank you. Look, I just want you and Lily to stop fighting. I desperately need someone to talk to about my boss trying to climb me like K2 and that’s not a good topic to cover with Elena.

@@@@@

Nick: Lol. I’mma ruin NinjaPenguins’ whole day.

Sally: I’m soooo nervous. I’m just a nervous Nellie. A scatterbrained, insecure numpty with no chill and all the joy of Victorian funeral photos.

Nick: Chill out, babe. I took both Gas-X and Beano today.

Sally: I’M SHOWING! My expanding uterus is the center of the Genoa City universe. The reporters probably have an ultrasound wand camera ready.

Nick: Let me possessively touch your belly in a creepy, skin-crawling way.

Sally: Only good things can come from fetishizing a woman’s reproductive organs.

Nick: That baby bump is hot, y’all. So’s the one on the left. Lol boobies.

@@@@@

Jill: I really thought Devon would drop his suit when I gave in on the IPO. The healing was supposed to begin.

Lily: Aargh.

Jill: I could really go for some plums right now. Or grapes. Maybe eggplant?

Lily: What made you flush the IPO?

Jill: I spoke to a very wise man. He said his name was Barney and that you should watch your back. That was his cousin you’re wearing.

@@@@@@

Jack: Ashley! How dare you! You’re besmirching the Abbott name and all the Abbotts who have lived or will ever live. Remove this stain on the family’s honor posthaste!

Tucker: Good to see you too, Jack.

Ashley: Eat shit and die, bro.

Jack: Mamie will absolutely die of shame when she sees you with Tucker. The Abbott name means something.

Ashley: And then you married Phyllis.

Tucker: Tonight is going to be fucking awesome.

@@@@@@

Victoria: You eat boogers. And pretty soon you’ll be eating Tucker’s boogers. I will be running McCall while you hit the booger buffet.

Adam: You’re thinking of Nick, though I can’t imagine why anyone would want to.

Victoria: Dad’s going to force feed you boogers. Not a billion dollar company.

Adam: I’m actually qualified to run McCall Unlimited. You know what your problem is?

Victoria: I’m too good at everything?

Adam: You’re so far up your own ass that you can’t see that other people have mad skillz. You don’t know shit about shit.

Nate: Fie, sir! I challenge you to a duel over milady’s honor. Rapiers at ten paces!

Victoria: The fact that I just silently orgasmed does not mean I need you to defend me. Adam is a wuss. I can handle him.

Nate: Of course you can, but I never miss a chance to peacock.

Adam: Later, lovebirds. I’m going to get myself a date.

@@@@@@@

Devon: As I gaze at this picture of Neil, I wonder what he’d say to me right now. Probably “polish the silver briefcase of righteous justice weekly.”

Abby: Hey! I ran into Amanda and it went super well. She didn’t even scratch my eyes out or mention the planetarium screen I’m wearing.

Devon: That’s some admirable restraint.

Abby: Let’s get ready for the gala!

Devon: Nah.

Abby: I have an awesome surprise waiting. Move your ass.

@@@@@@@

Summer: Tucker, huh?

Jack: Don’t worry about him or the fact that Ashley is dragging the family name through a Superfund site by parading that miscreant around.

Kyle: My bouffant, like the family name, will continue to rise. Never fear.

Jack: Diane and I feel like Genoa City’s 200th birthday is cool and all, but what if we announced our engagement at the ball and really raised the excitement level? I hear there will be reporters from Romantic Dipshits outside the venue.

Summer: Again, congratulations, but… I mean, this party is a celebration of the whole town, civic spirit, community… I’m just not sure how an engagement announcement fits in.

Kyle: The real hot news is Sally having a flat stomach and baby bump at the same time. It ties my brain in knots.

Jack: Nothing matters but love. Our love. Not even the recent theft of Jabot’s entire stock of lipstick can pry my focus off this engagement.

@@@@@@

Victor: Well, well, Ashley. You bought up Tucker’s debt.

Tucker: Good evening, Victor. Your embalmer did a marvelous job tonight.

Victor: If you bought the debt to piss off Tucker, then why are you on a date with him? The affairs of mortals are most perplexing to me.

@@@@@@

Outside the gala

Reporter: Devon! Can you give us a soundbite?

Devon: Yeah. That is what Katherine and Neil would want me to do.

Abby: As a Newman AND an Abbott, I’m proud to represent both families tonight.

Reporter: Uhhh, no one asked, tho?

Reporter #2: Let’s do an awkward pic with Lily and Devon!

Lily: Oh goodie. I’m sorry, Daniel. You had such an amazing day with Chelsea, glory be her name, and then you get stuck in this situation.

Daniel: Chelsea forgives us our trespasses.

Nick: The last time I wore a mask, it was to gaslight my sister. Tonight, I’m wearing a number from Party City, and my presence here is sponsored by Beano. Beano, because I fart a lot.

Jill: Just gives these vultures what they want, young Newman.

Nick: Well. Okay. He lifts his leg and blows out a melancholy trumpet dirge, concluding with a plaintive squeak. You look hot for an oldster, by the by.

Jill: Did you just slip me the tongue?

Nick: Well, well, well. If it isn’t my date’s babydaddy and his date, my ex-wife. I respect the flex, bro.

@@@@@@

Jeremy: Phyllis! Are you ready? I’ve converted that tasteful gray toilet seat cover into a fine piece of evening wear.

Phyllis: How do I look? Not like someone who robbed a cosmetics warehouse, right? Right?

Jeremy: Are you sure you’re prepared to execute the plan tonight? More importantly, are you prepared for how goddamned disappointing it will be to us and the viewers?

Phyllis: I eat disappointment and defecate vengeance. Let’s go make things right.

And I add giphy.gif

There's brillaint, there's hilarious, and then there's your post today that combines both!  How many times, though, are you gonna keel me ####DEAD####? 

(Yet, I rise again, like the mucus in ButtBiscuit's sinus aqueducts...)

By the way, among the immortal lines of your post, these stand out to me....

Reporter #1: Yeah, I got this assignment after I accidentally sent dick pics to the editor. I guess I’m lucky he didn’t fire me.

Do "dick pics" mean the same thing as head shots of Billy ButtBiscuit Nostrildumbass Abbott?  The double entrendres in that sentence married each other and then had twins.

And this one I'm having engraved on my latest tombstone.

Nick: Well. Okay. He lifts his leg and blows out a melancholy trumpet dirge, concluding with a plaintive squeak. You look hot for an oldster, by the by.

Seriously and hilariously feckin' brilliant, Ninja!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Michelle Stafford, Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow were on ABC's The Talk today, and MS wore a long dress with a slit in the skirt that reached up to the hip

Just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing that the Gala's entertainment will include enlarged digital images of GC through the years projected onto a wall, and that JS might somehow hack into that show and slip in blow ups of "naughty" pictures Diane got paid posing for while she was living incognito in LA, and that Diane will not be alone in some of the pictures - - I'm imagining that the scene will unfold as follows: Jack, microphone in hand, and Diane standing, arm-in-arm, on a stage with the projected enlargements of GC through the years flashing on the wall behind them, and as soon as Jack announces that he and Diane are engaged, enlargements of Diane's "naughty" pictures start flashing on the wall behind them.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2

I wish Adam had needled Victoria a little more about her lack of education because as far as I remember...she didn't even finish high school. At least Nick attended GCU for a few semesters. Probably just frat parties but at least he was on campus.

I also loved Amanda not taking anything from Abby. I mean, what did she expect? Dolt. Amanda, please never leave us again you are the best thing in town right now since Chance has apparently gone missing.

I actually liked Abby's blue sparkly jacket. 😳 I like blue. And I like sparkles. Don't drag me. LOL

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I just have to say that Victor looks darn good in black tie.  I wish I could compliment Nikki, but alas, I cannot. Her dress looks like it was designed by Chelsea 2. bleh.  Jack looks darn good in his white tux jacket.  Summer’s dress is not awful, but definitely not a good color for her.  I’m not crazy about Diane’s dress but I do like her hair and makeup.  Lily definitely didn’t disappoint in the dress she is wearing 😍. I guess that Lily didn’t get the memo to dress in something overly shiny.  I like Sally’s dress but she also didn’t get the memo.  Cruella looked like she went to Earl Schibe to have her make up done 😉.   

The GCAC has been resurrected for the Gala. I’m surprised it’s not at the Top of The Tower.

Sally I can’t tell you how much I dislike the term Baby Bump. It’s a “person” not an inanimate object.  Mariah has the right idea to call her bump Bowie, so Sally, give your bump a name. Preferably a name that’s either male or female. Yes Banana Breath, that beautiful woman with a gorilla on her arm. 

Whatever Natey Nate Nate is trying to prove there is one thing that I’m sure of it’s that Natey Nate Nate is a sanctimonious prick.  

Once again I have to reiterate that Cruella serves at the pleasure of Victor just like Lily serves at the pleasure of Jill.  Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the purchase of MU going to be a separate entity and not in anyway part of NE?  

I sure hope Sally and Banana Breath showered before getting ready, but it doesn’t look like too many did shower. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I hope today's opening credits were just for the 50th anniversary episodes because if not, I'm gonna have to take issue with a few things about it.

Okay, I wouldn't've had Abby insisting on apologizing to Amanda on my WTF? bingo card. I really expected Amanda to be the aggressor but apparently she has more class than elite society princess Abby.

Seems to me Jill did not follow the deal she made with Victor. Wasn't she supposed to let Devon take H/W back? Just because the IPO is dead that doesn't mean he won't still buy McCall Unlimited. Victor wanted Jill to steer Devon away from that idea, not piss him off even more.

Sally said her pregnancy is starting to show. Where, under her hair? Between her toes? 🤔

Victoria and Adam having a verbal slap fight over who gets to have MU. Like they're preschoolers and it's a toy they both want and won't share. Good job, Victor.

O hail nah, Nate. You don't get to compare yourself to Neil, especially not to Devon. Are you insane? Shut up.

Geez, what crawled up Jack's hiney? He acted like Tucker was some kind of vicious monster. My guy, your fiance isn't exactly an angel either so ease up on the hysterics.

Whee, Abby definitely got told. Amanda: step off, little girl. And stay outta grown folks' business. Abby: but, but wah!

Jill being duplicitous with Lily about why she dropped the IPO is probably not the way she wanted to go. It'll be bad if Lily ever finds out about C-W's sudden cash infusion and why it happened.

FFS, now Nate's trying to step to Adam? Good luck with that, son. Adam knows how to dispose of dead hookers so you'd be light work for him.

Heh, yeah Adam, your suspicions about Nate's chivalrous defense of Victoria are on target. Stay with it. Big sis is a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.

Apparently Nick's peen has narcoleptic properties. 🙄 Ugh, Sally. You should want better for yourself.

Adam taking Sharon as his date to the gala. Hmm. I would've rather seen him with Audra somehow. And where is Chance? I thought he'd be escorting Sharon.

My comments on the gala outfits will be in a separate post.

I wish Adam had needled Victoria a little more about her lack of education because as far as I remember...she didn't even finish high school.

Yep, Victoria dropped out of her Swiss boarding school and later she studied art somewhere in Italy. Her mad CEO skillz mostly come from OJT though we're supposed to believe she inherited Victor's business acumen. Meanwhile, Adam has an MBA from Harvard and was a successful Wall Street player before he returned to GC for a piece of the Newman pie.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I have only watched half the show so far but I am declaring the funny line of the day when Adam told Nate he didn't get his coffee.  

Why in the world was Nate at Crimson Lights in his tux and where was Elena? Who stops for coffee in the way to a gala???

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Sally I can’t tell you how much I dislike the term Baby Bump.

I'm with you on that. Makes me think of Speed Bump which is probably how she got that way in the first place.

Is it just me or can anyone else imagine Nick and Sally doing a line or two before jumping in bed?

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I watched with high hopes for the GC gala dresses to revive some of my interest. Nope. How long can this writer stretch out his gambit of nobody really doing anything that captivates the audience? Today was not even bad in a good way for me, y'know?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Michelle Stafford, Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow were on ABC's The Talk today, and MS wore a long dress with a slit in the skirt that reached up to the hip

Just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing that the Gala's entertainment will include enlarged digital images of GC through the years projected onto a wall, and that JS might somehow hack into that show and slip in blow ups of "naughty" pictures Diane got paid posing for while she was living incognito in LA, and that Diane will not be alone in some of the pictures - - I'm imagining that the scene will unfold as follows: Jack, microphone in hand, and Diane standing, arm-in-arm, on a stage with the projected enlargements of GC through the years flashing on the wall behind them, and as soon as Jack announces that he and Diane are engaged, enlargements of Diane's "naughty" pictures start flashing on the wall behind them.

Good speculation but if that’s their plan, I would bet the photos are photoshopped. Software today is amazing for faking photographs and since Copperhead is a computer wiz, that is right up her alley. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
48 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I have only watched half the show so far but I am declaring the funny line of the day when Adam told Nate he didn't get his coffee.  

Why in the world was Nate at Crimson Lights in his tux and where was Elena? Who stops for coffee in the way to a gala???

That was funny. My favorite though was Adam telling Victoria "Save me a dance." Lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

I’m not a huge fan of Adam but I felt sad for him that he had no one to ask to the ball except Sharon about 30 minutes before it started. That’s desperation for sure on both of their parts. And as usual, Sharon’s hair looks just awful.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@NinjaPenguins--I don't know HOW you do it, but I am happy you do.

My brand new cat somehow disconnected my TV just as HRH Nikki in her red sausage dress stepped into the line of news people, so I didn't see the rest because the DVR was disconnected.  Should I just skip the last half hour, or did nothing of vital importance {even big, bad Jeremy and his scaaarey plan} show up yet?

What will Copperhead show up as--either a scarecrow or a python?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm so glad this shindig is at the GCAC and not at The Glazed Pączki or the Spam Club.  How can I get on a Beverage Committee?  I'd just get a few bottles of top shelf stuff and really stock up on Thunderbird and Mad Dog 20/20.  At a certain point after rich people start boozing, you could give them rubbing alcohol and they wouldn't know the difference.

The red carpet nonsense was cringeworthy, but Tucker is hilarious, and I loved the look on Sally's face when Shadam showed up.   I guess Jeremy will be the Dollar Store version of David Kimball at this year's masked ball.  What is Abby's surprise for Devon?  Mamie?  I often get the timelines confused, but wasn't she already gone by the time he arrived on the scene?

I thought just about everyone looked nice.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm so glad this shindig is at the GCAC and not at The Glazed Pączki or the Spam Club.  How can I get on a Beverage Committee?  I'd just get a few bottles of top shelf stuff and really stock up on Thunderbird and Mad Dog 20/20.  At a certain point after rich people start boozing, you could give them rubbing alcohol and they wouldn't know the difference.

The red carpet nonsense was cringeworthy, but Tucker is hilarious, and I loved the look on Sally's face when Shadam showed up.   I guess Jeremy will be the Dollar Store version of David Kimball at this year's masked ball.  What is Abby's surprise for Devon?  Mamie?  I often get the timelines confused, but wasn't she already gone by the time he arrived on the scene?

I thought just about everyone looked nice.  

Tucker was the best part of the episode.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I would bet the photos are photoshopped.

If it is "naughty" photos, I hope it can be proven that they haven't been photoshopped.

7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nick: Well, well, well. If it isn’t my date’s babydaddy and his date, my ex-wife.

Not only is Sharon Nick's ex-wife (1995-2007), she's also his ex-sister-in-law (Adam 2009-2010) and his ex-stepmother (Victor 2012)

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I'm imagining that the scene will unfold as follows: Jack, microphone in hand, and Diane standing, arm-in-arm, on a stage with the projected enlargements of GC through the years flashing on the wall behind them, and as soon as Jack announces that he and Diane are engaged, enlargements of Diane's "naughty" pictures start flashing on the wall behind them.

OMG--Genius -- you should write for the show as your scenario is much better than anything the writers do!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

@NinjaPenguins--I don't know HOW you do it, but I am happy you do.

My brand new cat somehow disconnected my TV just as HRH Nikki in her red sausage dress stepped into the line of news people, so I didn't see the rest because the DVR was disconnected.  Should I just skip the last half hour, or did nothing of vital importance {even big, bad Jeremy and his scaaarey plan} show up yet?

What will Copperhead show up as--either a scarecrow or a python?

Congrats on your new kitty! I'm a big cat lover and am happy to be with others of my kind.

I also missed most of the show and was wondering if it was worth watching online ... but I'll probably skip it. No way would it be half as good as @NinjaPenguins recap!

• Like 4
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, rcc said:

I often get the timelines confused, but wasn't she already gone by the time he arrived on the scene?

The character of Devon Hamilton made his first appearance in June of 2004 and the character of Mamie Johnson made her last appearance, until now, in September of 2004, so there was some overlap - anyone know if those two characters were ever introduced?

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I keep hoping Syph is pulling a long con and is working with Chance to trap Jeremy and make everyone (her kids) feel like crap. Of course she's all crazyeyes and mantis gestures so she'll eventually come out on top but end up getting framed for Dianes murder first.

I do like Waldo's, Photo retrospective of Diane's grungiest hits and bits.

Grab a rock Nikki.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
39 minutes ago, Ladybugnine said:

Can we refer to Phyllis as C3PO, at least until the gala is over, please?

Michelle Stafford was on ABC's The Talk today, and what I realized is that she is Phyllis - did the writers always write the character that way, or did they alter the character over time to fit MC's personality, because I only started watching Y&R when Gina Tognoni was playing Phyllis, and the difference between the two seems like night-and-day.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Awww, how sweet is that, huh?  Nick likes Sally's baby bump so much he decided to get one of his own!  Suck it in, champ!  

A masked ball is one thing, but making the ladies carry around those masks on a stick is just wrong.  Makes two handed drinking pretty hard to do and they're gonna need all the help they can get to survive this party.

7 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why did Stark walk out of the Grand Phoenix carrying a backpack?  Who goes to a formal event with one of those, unless there’s something inside to cause chaos?

I think the backpack holds the implements they need for payback. 

I'm hoping that his and Phyllis's grand plan for payback is to hold everyone hostage while they either make balloon animals or do a ventriloquist act.  

giphy.gif

Or, maybe karaoke, with Stark and Phyllis alternating while they sing the entire Sinatra playbook.

Make Genoa City PAY, and make it hurt!!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2

Heard on the Red Carpet:

Nikki: hello, I am Nikki Newman and I am an alcoholic. I made sure this gala had all top shelf liquor for my husband who doesn't give a shit and drinks in front of me constantly.

Jill:  I am more concerned about my company than my former hussy  of a daughter in law is screwing the brains out of the guy my mother left billions to that she should have left me.

Nick: this here is my girlfriend fuck buddy. The only time I see her is at the enGorged Penis in bed. Isn't she sexy as hell? She's pregnant by my brother. That's not creepy is it?

Adam: showing up with Sharon is two fuck yous in one! Fuck you Sally! Fuck you Nick!

Nate: I am the hottest piece of ass on this show with 3 women who want to bed me. Now who's the loser Devon? Oh, and Aunt Mamie made this tux out of a damask tablecloth.

Devon: wait until you see my bald head with the mask on. I look like a balloon with a rubber band stretched across it from the back. Creepy as hell.

Dom: I am even higher class than my mother. I represent the families of Abbott-Newman-Chancellor-Winters. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Abby runs back to say: I dropped Chancellor from my name and am about to become a Winters. So shut up brat!

Victor: I represent the living dead.

Traci and Mamie: we represent the only two sane people in this God forsaken town.

Doug Davidson who has broken onto the lot and into the line: I represent all of the actors who were fucked over by this show after 40 years!

Log in a blanket: I represent all of the children you never see on this stupid show.

Ninjapenquin: I represent how this show should be written.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

What was the deal with Nikki's hair? It looked like she combed it back with a rake. Her gala dress read "Standard Society Matron with an Amex Black Card" to me.

Lol, guess Tucker was wearing his formal turtleneck.

Ashley was killing it in her made-for-the-red carpet gown. Slay, queen.

Nate's tux. Meh. Not a fan of jackets that look like they're being worn inside out.

Michael looked effortlessly handsome, I thought. I liked the deep gray shade of his tuxedo.

I didn't hate Summer's dress but felt maybe she should've gone with a more vivid color.

Diane's gown was her usual display of simple elegance, though the silver--as opposed to black or navy--was a surprise to me.

Whoa, when did Abby get that voluptuous body? Okay dress; would've gone with a deeper color.

Um, Lily, did you mean to have the girls drooping and half hanging out of your halter bodice? She might have been one of the few women not wearing sparkly sequins and beads. 

Sally's look was likely meant to be avant-garde but standing next to Nick, IMO she came across like a discount escort. Good color with her hair though.

Sharon brought the old school glamorous.I thought her gown suited her perfectly and wasn't too obnoxiously sparkly.

And then there was Phyllis. Let's see, "Bride of Frankenstein Meets the 21st Century"? Meanwhile, Jeremy's velour jacket had that "straight from the remainders bin in Fenmores basement" aura. Those two make quite a  fashion statement.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 3/22/2023 at 6:54 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oy, I wish they'd provided Mamie a better wig. It looked like doll hair to me. Sorry not sorry. 😾 Whatever, yeah Mamie, the Abbott manse is pretty much the way you left it many moons ago. It's basically a museum with boarders at this point.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:16 AM, MsMalin said:

I loved that Mamie.commented that nothing had changed in the house, and she didn't exactly say it in a good way.

Okay, maybe I'm having an alternate-universe moment, but I do recall someone redecorating the Abbot manse, making a big deal about it, then quietly the manse was reredecorated back. Anyone else?

• Like 5
  • Useful 3