Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I loved Ashland trashing the hotel room today. Normally when someone is angry on this show they throw a glass or a chair (out the window) but Ashland went full batshit crazy throwing everything he could lay his hands on and when he ran out of things to throw he went into the closet to throw around his clothes and luggage!!!  That must have been a fun scene to shoot.

And I am guessing they only did 1 take on that and no rehearsal especially if the prop guys got a vote!  Lol

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

nd I am guessing they only did 1 take on that and no rehearsal especially if the prop guys got a vote!  Lol

‘You want us to put that whole thing back together just so he can trash it again? Yeah no. Do it yourself.’ 🤣

• Applause 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

‘You want us to put that whole thing back together just so he can trash it again? Yeah no. Do it yourself.’ 🤣

Show is too cheap for that!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Watched the show straight through today without recording immediate reactions. My post-viewing takes.:

Looks like they gave RN his big Emmy reel scene there at the end. Meh. Sound and fury, signifying...not so much. It's not believable to me that Ashland is heartbroken over Victoria 's total rejection.

Loved that Allie and Noah finally had an official date! Liked that he went to the Abbott manse to pick her up. But geez, could Noah have made more effort with his attire? He looked to me like he was just going out for some brewskis with his boys.

I thought Allie looked cute in her sundress which supposedly was on loan from Summer. Ehhh, Summer's clothes would swallow tiny Allie. Stop trying to sell such silliness, Show;  the viewers have eyes. Whatever, I got the impression Allie's not quite comfortable havng so much bare skin in public. 🤔

Sharon's eavesdropping on and mother henning of Noah is iffy to me because it's like she's doing therapy on him without being up front about it. Her convo with Traci helped a bit but I would rather she'd had it with Jack instead. Speaking of whom, where was Grandpa Jack? He didn't get to witness Allie's big moment!

I don't understand why Victor gets to decide whether Ashland can see Harrison since he's only connected to the boy by marriage, thru Summer. Odds are Kyle would've refused Ashland anyway so what was the point of Ashland going to Victoria's office?

Adam is pulling something wrt Victoria, NE, and NM, and I'm okay with it as long as Sally doesn't get caught in the crossfire. His telling Victoria he's broken up with Sally does not bode well to me. IMO he should've given Sally a heads-up before he used her to try to work Victoria. 🤨

• Like 2
  • Love 15

I’d have stood up and applauded if Ashland had run into Victoria’s office with a pair of scissors and cut off that hank of hair right down to the scalp. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Allie is pooped after an hour orientation?  Are we going to her be a true Abbott where you work an hour, take a coffee break, work an hour, take a 2 hour lunch, work an hour, and your day is over.  Most Newmans also have the same day. 

Noah/Allie 🥱🥱😴 Sally/Adam 🔥🔥🔥

Olive Olive Olive, nobody likes to loose no less than have your noses rubbed in it. Olive 👎👎 King Kong 👍👍.  

Chemistry Degree Noah?  No Noah, it’s a Chemical Engineering Degree. Don’t downplay Allie’s education because you are a aimless looser.  Summer gave Allie that dress?  I thought Chelsea wasn’t designing for Marchetti. That dress looked like one of her schmattas.  

Beside toothy grins, Olive excels at indignant looks when she doesn’t agree with someone else ideas. Case in point, when Olive wanted to wash her hands of Sally and Adam and Victor wanted Olive to hear Adam out.  Two other things Olive excels at. The first is her innate ability to talk down to people and second is the ability to make me feel sympathy for King Kong. 

OK Olive checked into has business in LA but did she call Eric or Bill  Eric though enough of Sally to take her recommendation to put her in the Marchetti orbit.  Bill knows how she was able to beat Forester Creations, a much larger fashion house, in a Monti Carlo fashion competition.  

No no no, say it isn’t so, Adam is breaking it off with Sally.  Another Red Herring??  Let’s hope and pray this is not happening.  

• Like 4
  • Love 5

How exactly is this plan of Adam’s going to work? The Newmans will give Sally a chance because Adam broke up with her? That seems to be the opposite of everything that they’ve said this far.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Hey, Adam really is from Kansas.  He has a farmer's tan!  (No shade, I have the same tan.🌞👕😎)

Adam is breaking up with Sally to protect her from whatever he's cooking up with Ashland.  But however noble his intentions are, it could backfire.  When Wyatt dumped Sally on B&B, she was so distraught that she couldn't function at work, which compounded her stress and made her physically ill, leading her to come up with her fake terminal illness scheme.  Why can't Adam just start his own thing and bring Sally with him?  Maybe a fashion house to rival Marchetti?  Living well (and Newman-free) could be the best revenge.

Add me to the small table of people who like Allie and Noah (Allah?).  Victor's jab at Jack seemed unnecessary considering Jack wasn't present to lob a return.  It just made Victor look like the mean asshole he is.   

• Like 4
  • Love 16
(edited)

I'm sure the answer is "because he's being paid surprisingly well", but I don't otherwise know why RN was excited to play this character.  He really does seem like a nice guy from what I've read, but he's ill suited (literally) for Ashland and every aspect of the story since he started makes him look like a complete chump.

The aimless, finding a purpose thing is definitely real.  But it's hard to see it as anything more than annoying when it's an existential wangst for people like Billy and Noah.  These guys have effectively limitless money and opportunity to go "find" whatever they want, whenever they want.  

Every time someone mentions The Groaning Swill in casual conversation, like it's just what all the cool kids are listening to...oh man, the cringe.  It hurts.  

AH looked cute in that fake flashback.  I don't know why they don't style her like that all the time.  The usual look they keep insisting on giving her is kind of more Fran from Dodgeball than Very Serious Businesswoman.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7

So let me get this straight. Adam is "fake" breaking-up with Sally as part of his plan to save her job and move forward with his plan to get revenge on his family and Ashland? Except that he hasn't let Sally in on the plan ( I guess so she can have plausible deniability), so she thinks that Adam has really just walked out on her.

My head hurts, because this doesn't make any sense, and I suspect the writers have just ruined a perfectly good couple, spoiled the redemption  of Adam , made a formerly dynamic foil to Victor look like a chump (again), and propped up the ridiculous Newmans (again).

And it was all so avoidable and unnecessary. Writers, please prove me wrong. Please?

• Applause 4
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, TVForever said:

So let me get this straight. Adam is "fake" breaking-up with Sally as part of his plan to save her job and move forward with his plan to get revenge on his family and Ashland? Except that he hasn't let Sally in on the plan ( I guess so she can have plausible deniability), so she thinks that Adam has really just walked out on her.

My head hurts, because this doesn't make any sense, and I suspect the writers have just ruined a perfectly good couple, spoiled the redemption  of Adam , made a formerly dynamic foil to Victor look like a chump (again), and propped up the ridiculous Newmans (again).

And it was all so avoidable and unnecessary. Writers, please prove me wrong. Please?

Agreed. They have the best chemistry on this lame show. Of course the writing breaks them up. Whether real or fake it makes no sense.

• Sad 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

I have some questions:
Why does Boobs McGee need to speak to Ashland in the park? The Newman’s don’t like her so why would she be kissing their asses? 
Why couldn’t Nate go to Hawaii with Elena? I’ve seen him do nothing of importance. 
If one’s mental health is suffering why would they hook up with Billy Abbott? 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Nikki's statement necklace. Nice.

Aaaannnddd there's Phyllis looking like she's turning tricks in the park on her lunch break. Seriously? Who walks around looking like that at her age?

Was that a chem test between Phyllis and Ashland? Hmm, Red & Locke. I don't hate it. 🙄

Finally, a scene at the rooftop pool! Half the cast is still dressing like it's winter but at least the show has acknowledged summer has arrived in GC.

Chelsea, how does one take a sabbatical from something which doesn't exist? AFAIC, your "career" as a fashion designer is a mostly a bad joke. You're doing the world a favor by putting it on hiatus.

Harrison sure has grown. He's like a little sunflower. How old is he supposed to be now?

Sure, Imani, when it comes to getting Elena out of her Newman Media contract, you're more than capable, you're just not willing. Scheming schemer is scheming.

It cracks me up how few effs Michael has to give about Nikki's imperious attitude.

Aw, Diane, snitches get stitches. But I thought Victor had people following Ashland. Why did Diane have to be the one to put out the alert?

I'd like to know how much a podcast consultant gets paid. Or at least how much C-W is going to give utterly unqualified Chelsea. Lily should make Billy cover Chelz's paycheck from his salary. 😏

Billy said Jill had a reputation for being difficult. Really? When I think of Jill's history, the word "difficult" doesn't come to mind. I guess from Billy's perspective she's a tough mommy but she doesn't treat everyone the way she handles him.

If Billy and Chelsea are going to be honest on the podcast about their shady pasts, I'm gonna need them to discuss exactly how Johnny came to be concieved. That was way beyond some of Chelsea's grifter ish. Odds are though, Billy won't want to bring his kids into it.

Nate, you are too kind and gullible for your own good. I see grief sex (or maybe anxiety sex?) with Imani in your future.

Lily, you need to start buying a clue. Chelsea is after your man.

Re the previews for next week: ADAM! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!??! If you hurt my girl Sally...🤬🤬🤬💩💩💩👿👿👿

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

Nikki is the one to talk about King Kong in the fact it’s all about King Kong. Nikki it’s all about you you you and even your husband and children are above you. Adam is how you feel not how Victor feels and Diane is how about you feel and the hell with Kyle and subsequently Summer.  

WHAT THE FUCK is Rodan wearing.  Rodan looks like a hooker on the way to a brothel or should I say to the Grand no tell hotel Albatross.  

Just like Lauren, Summer dodged a bullet with Chelsea turning down the Marchetti job.  That’s right Chelsea, just like Nostrils when the going gets tough the tough go podcasting. Oh did Chelsea say designing was a career 😳. No Chelsea your career is conning people. 

Rodan are you kidding me. You have the nerve to talk about people have crossed so many lines that they cannot return from.  Rodan you have crossed the lines so many times that the starting point is not visible with high powered binoculars.  You only return because the monkeys with a keyboard took pity on you and you have become their favorite protagonist. If someone needs berating, there you are front and center. Even in King Kong’s diminished capacity, he could squash Rodan like a bug. 

Much to do about nothing. I’m quite sure that Elena could get out of her contract if they would just ask. Imani is basically irrelevant. 

Nikki is another person that can’t see her own faults. Nikki actually believes that she’s never sunk to Diane’s level. Really Nikki 🤥. Not even the coverup of burying J.T. alive or kidnapping Tessa?  Nikki covered up having a child with Paul until Det Deadwood was an adult. Lastly, Diane has never killed anyone but Nikki has a few notches on her belt.  I’ve seen quite a few bitch faces over the years, but non are in comparison to Nikki’s bitch face. 

Poor poor Lily. She has to worry more about Chelsea than Olive with Nostrils. Even though he has a child with both women, Chelsea would be more overt in grabbing Nostrils by the balls to get his attention.  

I get the feeling that Imani thinks that the facility is right because Natey Nate Nate suggested it but it might not be right for the patient who’s well being is paramount. Being at home, in a familiar surrounding, would be less stressful than in a facility. Easing stress is also a big factor in Naya’s  recovery. At home, Naya can also receive the daily care she requires not just a few days a week.  Of course the monkeys with a keyboard are sending Maya to Virginia to further bond Natey Nate Nate and Imani. But why Virginia?  There are fantastic stroke rehab facilities in Wisconsin or Illinois.  The Mayo Clinic has a facilities in both Wisconsin and Illinois. 

How can Summer sit there, across from Nostrils, chatting like old friends forgetting Nostrils revenged fucked her. Even Kyle was overly cordial to Nostrils knowing he had cardinal knowledge of his wife. 

So Nostrils has already run out of ideas for the podcast and he’s allowing Chelsea to take the lead or should I say take over. I was only kidding when I said that Chelsea would name her podcast “The Art of the Con” but it seems that I’m right. In the same way playing cards is also about the art of the con (bluffing) where the best bluffer wins and not always the best card hand.  

Coming attractions:  

The Monkeys with the Keyboard love to fuck up Adam and is intent of ruing the best relationship in GC. 

Lauren has joined the witches cauldron to bring down Diane. Bubble bubble toil and trouble.  

Next week will be very hard to watch especially Adam breaking Sally’s heart. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

WHAT THE FUCK is Rodan wearing.  Rodan looks like a hooker on the way to a brothel or should I say to the Grand no tell hotel Albatross.

Geez they cut anymore material out of her dresses she'll be left with pasties & a thong! And it was so tight around her stomach And hips that it made her figure look lumpy.

seriously, the actresses on this show are being discriminated aginst big time because they are forced to dress like hookers while the men get to dress normally. I don't think it's right  jmho.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I’m gonna have to take a break. This show is so infuriating. I hate the people I think they want me to root for and I’m rooting for the people I think they want me to hate. And it looks like they’re going to mess up the best couple the show has had in years. And SyPhyllis hurts my eyes, my ears and my brain. She’s a soulless ginger. 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Billy said Jill had a reputation for being difficult. Really? When I think of Jill's history, the word "difficult" doesn't come to mind.

I recall Jill being difficult. She was difficult for John and Katherine. And Jack. And Nina. And her mother. And Esther. AndP3. And, well, pretty much everyone else, too.

Lily, you need to start buying a clue. Chelsea is after your man.

Maybe we'll get to see what Lily learned in prison. I'll bet she's sharpening a shiv whilst listening to the new and improved Grisly Spooge podcast.

It cracks me up how few effs Michael has to give about Nikki's imperious attitude.

I love Michael when he's all sneery. 

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I’ve seen quite a few bitch faces over the years, but non are in comparison to Nikki’s bitch face. 

i love Nikki's bitch face.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Does anyone in wardrobe have the first clue about dressing women? MSt should NEVER wear something  like that. It was beyond horrible. And apparently Summe is stuck in the ‘70s even though she wasn’t even born then.

I suppose Chelsea looked decent. And of course Diane always looks classy. But the entire wardrobe department really should be fired. And then blacklisted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Does anyone in wardrobe have the first clue about dressing women? MSt should NEVER wear something  like that. It was beyond horrible. And apparently Summe is stuck in the ‘70s even though she wasn’t even born then.

I suppose Chelsea looked decent. And of course Diane always looks classy. But the entire wardrobe department really should be fired. And then blacklisted.

Yep! They seem bent on dressing women in corporate power positions in a demeaning hookerish style

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, xls said:

Yep! They seem bent on dressing women in corporate power positions in a demeaning hookerish style

I wonder if the actresses can boycott? Just show up at the studio one day with all their own clothes and say ‘this is what I’m wearing on camera today. Don’t like it? Then I’m not going on. But I refuse to wear the ‘clothes’ your costumer dept picked out.’

• Applause 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure MS WANTS to wear this stuff.  Like, people can truly wear whatever they feel is best for them, but as a random viewer this is beyond ridiculous and gross.  It doesn't look good, it doesn't make her look good or sexayy or whatever she thinks it does.  What's crazy is that when she was Nina on GH, she wore sweaters and normal clothes, and she DID look good.   

And, if this some troll job as an FU to certain, ahem, viewers....hmm, I think the joke's not on who you think it is.                 

Regarding the none of it good preview for next week: I'd like to see all three of you out of GC before Diane.  And Victor's "story" might as well be written and illustrated in Bang! Boom! Yougotthat! comic book format at this point.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

Susan Walters is either the best, or among the best, of all the actors currently on Show.  She can convey more with a raised eyebrow or a worried expression than some actors - MS, JM, etc., can get across with a long range cannon.  Her interactions and expressions with Ashland wanting to see his son today were a master class in acting, especially considering this show does it all in one take.

Nikki's expressions all looked like she was emptying Victor's hamper of all his intimate wear on a very VERY hot and humid day. 

I hope ButtBiscuit and Chelsea are very happy together - and I also hope they're both buried alive and podcasting from that hole in the ground.

Going by what a clueless idiot Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate is with Imani, I'd place Nate's medical advice on the same level as ButtBiscuit's suggestions on how to live life as a humanoid.  

Elena would do better planning a life with a roll of shelf paper than that empty-headed numskull.

I know this is a soap and applying reality to it is a fools game, but COME ON, SHOW, Naya is being treated in Chicago, which has some of the best medical care in the world.  There's no way on EARTH some clinic in Virginia is better.

Plus, their cheese sucks.

Speaking of cheese, Nikki, maybe you can choke on it?  Or anything?

Edited by boes
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, xls said:

It looked like MS was first hiding her mid section with her purse, then went up to the boobage with said purse.  I think she was mighty uncomfortable in that dress.  I admit it shocked me when she first appeared in the scene.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I hardly ever get to watch the show, but I do follow along with the excellent comments here.  I tuned in briefly and got an eyeful of what MS was wearing.  I couldn't believe it.  What a ridiculous display, took me right out of whatever scene they were trying to pull off here. 

I hope they aren't really stupid enough to break up Adam/Sally.  The best romance I've seen on a soap in years was the Thomas/Sally relationship on B&B when Pierson Fode was portraying Thomas.  It captured some of that old time glamour that younger Ridge or Jack could pull off.  Alas, PF left B&B and that was the end of that.  Courtney Hope really brought it in that storyline and has been able to bring it in Y&R.  I'd hate to see one of the few good elements get torpedoed!

• Applause 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

Agreed about that dress Phyllis had on. MS didn't seem comfortable in it at all.

Y&R is pretty much my only soap, I figured having everyone dressed up in cocktail dresses on weekdays was maybe a general daytime TV thing? Or does Y&R take it even further?

I know nothing about fashion or style, but I can't believe those huge plastic-y looking belts are back. Just shows everything EVERYTHING comes back around again but yuck...

ETA: You know Julyolo I've always thought Victoria's not-perfect smile kind of gave her a little edge! One friend of mine whose not a soap watcher but was staying here while I had it on in the background saw Victoria and said something like "she is gorgeous and beautiful...but did she come of age as a model in the Kate Moss waif days of the mid-90s?" I kind of get what she means.....and I told my friend she was in a 1995 Everclear music video so her instincts were correct. AH is stunning but I think as you get older sometimes a little more thickness is okay to tone down the sharp edges a bit.

Edited by JasonCC
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think after Friday the actress playing Phyllis has 2 options. Quit Y&R, and do bit character roles on shows like Law & Order SVU, or try to move on with Y&R as a matriarchal character. Becoming a matriarch with only Summer appearing as her child, and no love interest will be a stretch, but it is clear she has aged out of the femme fatale category, as evidenced by that blue dress with the sagging side boob today. Her makeup was messy, her face looked bloated, her lip fillers needed re-freshing. She looks like she is struggling as an actress. I see they let Summer into the "Big Belt Club."  A heavy belt cutting a lightweight summer dress in half, thus giving the wearer a chunky look. I also noticed this week that Victoria may not smile that much because her natural teeth are a strange shade.....while Nick failing to wear his lower prosthetic over his teeth at times is just gross!! One of his lower teeth is almost dark brown, looks decayed, or does he keep a wad of chaw in his mouth? Either way, not a good look for the son of the great Victor Newman  So, they blew the only storyline I found worth investing my time in: Adam & Sally. Good job MWT's. I've come to depend on your terrible choices, you did not disappoint.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Valmarmar said:

It looked like MS was first hiding her mid section with her purse, then went up to the boobage with said purse.  I think she was mighty uncomfortable in that dress.  I admit it shocked me when she first appeared in the scene.

I was too! And ITA she was trying to cover up; that dress was not fitting her boobs but was way too tight around the hips.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I recall Jill being difficult. She was difficult for John and Katherine. And Jack. And Nina. And her mother. And Esther. AndP3. And, well, pretty much everyone else, too.

Well, okay, I can see how her relationships with those people were varying degrees of problematic. However, in some cases the people she was dealing with gave as good as they got, e.g., Kay. I have to think about this some more because "difficult" still isn't the word I'd use but right now I'm not coming up with a different word.

AH is stunning but I think as you get older sometimes a little more thickness is okay to tone down the sharp edges a bit.

It all comes back to what Catherine Deneuve once said: “At a certain age, you have to choose between your face and your ass.”

On YR I think AH and SW seem to have made a clear choice. I see SC, MS, ED, and TEB as having made a different choice, opting instead to manage their faces and bodies primarily with plastic surgery and other enhancements. IMO, MCE, EH, MO, and CK are still in the gray area where they could go either way but some of them appear to be getting fillers at least.

I see they let Summer into the "Big Belt Club."  A heavy belt cutting a lightweight summer dress in half, thus giving the wearer a chunky look.

The actress seems to have a relatively thick midsection and I think they're using the belts to try to make her body look more proportioned. So far I don't think it's working. What's mainly odd to me is how badly Summer dresses given that she just spent some time in one of the fashion centers of the world. (She's like Y&R's version of Hope Logan. lol.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

MS is a good looking lady but it’s time to trim the hair and dress her better. I expect Copacabana to start playing when she enters a scene.

The new Summer is a dud so far. I hated HKs Summer but at least I felt something for her. Kyle could be sitting with a blow up doll called Summer at this point.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Not gonna lie, the shot of Lily drinking the   “Tea” (actually water) while watching Imani work Natey Nate made me laugh out loud.

She's a good friend though, trying to get Imani to get out of town and let a staff lawyer work on Elena’s contract.  

Imani is a fun throwback to classic old fashioned soap villainess sneakiness.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

I feel like writers in the past have attempted different ways to make Phyllis age out of just doing love triangles without making her a matriarch. Matriarch won't work for the character of Phyllis. Do they make her business-like with GT? Remember when she was town gossip? WIth a blog and inserting herself in other storylines? It was kind of working. With MS we remember she was the groupie with Danny Romalotti--over the top, kind of drag queen. I think in small doses, a bit comical, a bit slutty older aunt is the way to play her. I think being Goddess of the Grand Phoenix was an attempt to give her a mature --but still a shit-stirrer--role.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 4
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

I feel like writers in the past have attempted different ways to make Phyllis age out of just doing love triangles without making her a matriarch. Matriarch won't work for the character of Phyllis. Do they make her business-like with GT? Remember when she was town gossip? WIth a blog and inserting herself in other storylines? It was kind of working. With MS we remember she was the groupie with Danny Romalotti--over the top, kind of drag queen. I think in small doses, a bit comical, a bit slutty older aunt is the way to play her. I think being Goddess of the Grand Phoenix was an attempt to give her a mature --but still a shit-stirrer--role.

Everything you said. But I doubt if MS would be content with that.  She plays Phyllis so over-the-top it may be difficult to transition into an interesting but lesser role. I wouldn’t blame her; and she is probably a generous, warm person in real life. Her acting style drives me to the remote; but her fans on social media are rabid.  Job security. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

It cracks me up that the citizens of GC go to the park all the time during work hours. I have never seen men in suits or women in heels at any park, but they do it all the time in GC.

I loved how animated Billy was when talking to Chelsea. Then the ball and chain Lily called to remind him of a task she asked him to do. She starts to say something else but he hung up on her.  If that's not foreshadowing of an affair with Chelsea, I don't know what is!

• Like 12
  • Love 7

I despise how the writers are sending Nikki down this snotty, hateful, hypocritical road. I really cannot stand her now.

Also, that lipstick color on Chloe is terrible!

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10
(edited)

^ yes, Nikki has been snootier and snottier than usual. Then she tells Victoria she doesn't want her to have a negative outlook on everyone. Good God Nikki, you were her mentor on looking down on and not trusting people!

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
(edited)

Today Nicki and Nick both had that same pursed-lips look and sneer; Victor just sat there and let The Terrible Three subtly trash Adam.  At this point he is a paper tiger.  Like her or not, Amelia H is playing the part of bitchy, entitled, born-on-third-base pampered princess pretty well. She is so much better at it than her mother and brother.

I read there may be a murder mystery coming; and who does not think it will be Ashland. Or Diane.  But I am hoping it is Nicki (since I know it won't be Phyllis).  Victor can spend the rest of his days being a grieving widower who lives with the dread that his beloved daughter may send him to an Assisted Living Facility.   

Edited by Kemper
spelling error
  • LOL 18
(edited)

Pampered Ice Princess Vicboria looked like she was dressed for a fancy dinner date, while Sally looked every inch the sleek corporate executive.

If Adam breaks Sally's heart, I'll throw him in the trash heap with the rest of the Newmans.

14 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I read there may be a murder mystery coming; and who does not think it will be Ashland. Or Diane. 

Diane's interesting, so I hope she sticks around. But I'll take "Ashland bites the dust for $2000", please.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Also, that lipstick color on Chloe is terrible!

It wasn't just her lipstick. Her hair was dreadful as well. What the F? Who did that to her?

51 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I read there may be a murder mystery coming; and who does not think it will be Ashland.

They recently mentioned Gaines, or whatever his name was. So that may be foreshadowing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I can’t take Victoria seriously as a powerful CEO when she constantly calls Victor “Daddy” while performing her job. She’s a 50 year old little girl. 
The wardrobes stood out to me more than the boring conversation at the beach club. Olive had on dark olive. Chloe’s lipstick entered the room before she did and poor Summer! Does she really have a roll around her midsection or was it the atrocious jumpsuit?

The scene of Victor grabbing Ashland through the bars was a bit much. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

Did Kyle need pasties? (The kind strippers wear, not the kind you eat.) His nipples were on high alert during the park scene with Ashland. 😱

Did Victoria raid Sally's closet? She usually doesn't show so much leg. Interesting color, too. Seemed suited more for fall to me. Meanwhile, I liked that solid green on Sally. It worked well with her hair. Then Chloe came in wearing something she must've found at Forever 21, 22 years ago. Yikes.

Okay....Noah's definitely been hitting the gym. 👀

Diane back in black. Ehhh. But hey, let's enjoy some classic AC/DC, shall we?

Poor Harrison's 0 for 2 in the law-abiding parents lottery. Both Tara and Ashland have been drug away from him by the cops.

Please tell me Diane didn't use Harrison to score reputation points against Nikki. She better hope no one nearby had their camera facing in her direction when she walked away to let Ashland have a private moment with the boy.

Hmm, I kinda like the idea of Sally and Chloe becoming galpals. Chloe is one of the few in GC who are nonjudgmental toward Sally, and Sally doesn't care if Chloe rags on Adam because she understands why. It's perfect! 😏

First Victoria said she didn't want Sally running NM because Adam would be a bad influence on her. Then today she said it's a problem that Sally won't have Adam to help guide her at NM if they've indeed broken up. FFS, Vikki, pick a lane.

How odd that a media company's CEO office lacks a big flat screen TV on one of its walls. Sally and Chloe having to watch the NE press conference on Sally's tiny notebook was ridiculously low-tech.

In the real world <tee hee> the business press would've eaten the Newmans alive. The NE CEO position is staffed like a game of musical chairs and it's beyond absurd.

Noah to run a nightclub. Oy vey. Whatever, I still don't want to see any of these GC fools trying to bust a move on the dance floor. Well, except for Chance. He was getting down at the wedding reception. 🥳

Diane straight up lying to Kyle, or at least spinning the story to her favor and getting Kyle and Summer to reassure her that she did nothing wrong. Yeah, Diane also better hope Harrison isn't chatty about his surprise visit with Ashland.

Is that how jails actually work, people can show up to taunt and assault you like it was a public stockade? Maybe TGVN gets special dispensation due to his family pretty much funding their wing at the GCPD. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 13

Where is Rodan?  I though for sure she would be there for the King Kong’s takedown. Rodan is the happiest when she is revealing in other peoples misery. 

WTF is Olive wearing?  That color is so hideous on her and do we have to be subject to her boney knees. 

Stupid stupid stupid. The monkeys with a keyboard struck stupid again. What the fuck is the difference is Adam is in the picture with Sally or not?  Adam could have come back as CEO so any influence with Sally should be welcomed. 

Cardinal rule for the director of Y&R. Don’t have Diane and Nikki stand next to each other is a scene. Diane makes Nikki look old and frumpy. Diane’s classiness is too much for Nikki to bear.  

That’s a 😂. Being cynical is part of the Newman creed as being hypocritical, self centered, judgement, elitists, insincere, disingenuous, and above all major pricks. 

So it seems that the monkeys with a keyboard are fucking up Adam’s and Sally’s relationship with no avail.  

The saving grace today was Mariah and Tessa.  I wasn’t crazy about their bathing suits though but their interactions always bring a smile to my face. If the monkeys with a key board are fucking up Adam and Sally, than they better come up with a hell of a lot more Mariah and Tessa to compensate. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

I guess today was Flash the Cooch Monday.  Victoria’s skirt was slashed much too high for a corporate executive, and the way Tessa was sitting in the bathing suit, and flopping those legs around, well, I bet Noah was getting quite a flash.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Who watches this show for Victor Newman? Why can’t they retire him to a cottage somewhere and give him a scene per month or something? 

I’ve watched Y&R off an on since the 80s and most of my “offs” have been because of his “you got that!!!” rinse-repeat behaviour. The scenes in jail with Ashland were ridiculous.

I remember when Nick was hot and now he’s apparently moved from doing his own to being a human telephone between his sister and brother.

I agree that Ashland and Phyllis were chem tested. I wonder if it’s linked to her slowly going off the deep end behaviour (and being unwatchable to me).

I love SW as Diane, but I’m more than ready to move away from the “Diane is a terrible person” tour. As others have mentioned, it’s particularly galling when seeing Victor and Nicky go on about it. 

Unpopular opinion 1: I don’t mind Allie and Noah. He’s a good first Genoa City BF for her.

Unpopular opinion 2: I’ve come to enjoy Sally very much, but not with Adam. I find his “woe is me because daddy doesn’t love me” issues, to be weighting her down.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

"The scene of Victor grabbing Ashland through the bars was a bit much." Wouldn't have been great if Ashland had reached through the bars and grabbed Victor by the nose?

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Victor can spend the rest of his days being a grieving widower who lives with the dread that his beloved daughter may send him to an Assisted Living Facility.   

YES!

And this time, I want Diane to be able to push HIM out of the back of an ambulance as he's sent off to the Shady Rest!

Edited by boes
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9