Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

From start of the Diane/Copperhead confrontation, Copperhead is guilty of kidnapping by not allowing Diane to leave the room. Then Copperhead provokes Diane with the classic “I know you are but what am I”?  What a disappointment. That wasn’t much of a cat fight. There were a lot better ones in the history of Y&R. Even the cat fight between Sally and Copperhead was more entertaining.  Jack, Kyle, and Summer walk-in on the end of the cat fight with Diane strangling Copperhead. So what’s next?  Is Copperhead going to play the innocent victim and Diane will now be the heavy?  Will Diane be allowed to explain herself?  Was it Copperhead’s and Stark’s plan to frame Diane for Copperhead’s murder which is now thwarted?  Tune in tomorrow. 

So Devon drops the lawsuit but still is not really in control of his end of CW. Jill and Lily still have complete control if they are a united front. Plus Devon cannot stop a future IPO if Jill and Lily so choose. 

Curiously no Chance, no Paul, no Kevin.   

From watching the 50th anniversary special last night, I have absolutely nothing against the actors. Off screen they all seem to be very nice, normal, and personable people. As I said before, I don’t dislike the actors it’s just their Y&R character.  There have been comments about Victor has to read his lines.  In that special, Nostrils admitted that he has notes hidden to help him remember his lines. Also, Nikki, Cruella, Banana Breath etc have scrips, on hand, that are constantly referred to between takes. For example, Nikki hides hers behind the cushions of the couch.  What is quite evident is that fact that they have a good time and they all get along off camera. 

• Like 20

Tricia Cast looks great and I really enjoyed the fun walk down memory lane with Jill and Cricket. But why no flashback scenes with the same actresses? Did they delete everything?

The only flashback was to a scene with Sally and Adam from what, 2 months ago?

Diane is the tough love Phyllis needs. Unfortunately, I’m 100% sure we’ll get victim Phyllis instead.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

Devon folding on the C-W lawsuit due to some mysterious sign from Neil from the great beyond is utter b.s. to me. Why did SpiritNeil wait so long to step in? Was he busy?

Stay delusional, Nate. Your cousins still aren't checking for you.

I just noticed Sharon's unusual earrings. They worked well with her dress, I thought.

Look at Nina arriving fashionably late. Eh, you're not that important, hon.

Sally did have a tiny baby bump that could easily have been what she ate for lunch. Ew on Nick possessively patting her belly. Poor tyke is probably already flinching in utero. "You're not my daddy! Stop touching me!"

Kyle didn't know who Leanna Love is. Odd. Guess he's never read his parents' Wiki pages, lol.

If Chance really did skip the gala to avoid running into Abby I'm going have to call foul. Or fowl. As in big ol' chicken, bawk bawk. Seriously?

Cute little smackdown of Abby the adulteress by Chance's mommy. Wonder if 'Nina's gonna get in Devon's face too? I'm betting not.

Okay, I did not expect Adam to be the one propping Sharon & Chance as a potential romance. 🤔

Sharon referred to "Aria" when she was talking to Adam. Must be what Mariah and Tessa named their new baby. Did we know that before today?

Dang, Chloe got part of her gown caught in the car door. Oops!

You'd think Phyllis would've booked her room under a fake name. And what was up with her garish makeup? She looked like Gloria Swanson waiting for her closeup in Sunset Boulevard. Whatever, Red Menace actually had the nerve to call Diane a psychotic, despicable lunatic. Um.

Ohhhhh, Phyllis wanted Summer, Jack, and Kyle to walk in on her and Diane. But how could she have timed it so perfectly for them to catch Diane choking her? Sure, Jan. 🙄

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

If you want to watch the very first Y&R episode, just enter "The Young and the Restless first episode 3/26/1973" in your browser - the one I watched was from the Entertainment Weekly 3/26/2013 (Y&R 40th anniversary) online issue, and I was really impressed with how well it was done, particularly since it was from 1973.

Truck Driver who's giving a beat-up Brad Elliot a lift: "Genoa City, kind of a good sized town, where ya' headed."

Brad Elliot: "Looks like Genoa City."

. . . and thus begins the saga of the Brooks, Foster and, tangentially at first, Chancellor families, with the focus on the Brooks and Foster families, except for Jill Foster, being phased out by 1982.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

You'd think Phyllis would've booked her room under a fake name. And what was up with her garish makeup? She looked like Gloria Swanson waiting for her closeup in Sunset Boulevard. Whatever, Red Menace actually had the nerve to call Diane a psychotic, despicable lunatic. Um.

Ohhhhh, Phyllis wanted Summer, Jack, and Kyle to walk in on her and Diane. But how could she have timed it so perfectly for them to catch Diane choking her? Sure, Jan. 🙄

I don’t know what the original plan but all I can tell you is that, in the words of Robert Frost “ The best laid schemes O’ mice an’ men /Gang aft a-gley” but to be more specific the plans of Copperhead and Stark got FUBARed.  I believe that Copperhead wanted to provoke Diane to violence, knock Copperhead down, thinking that Copperhead was unconscious, go look for help, than Stark comes in to drug Copperhead to simulate death, and Diane takes the blame. What I don’t understand why the engagement ring or any personal item, of Diane was needed.  The FUBAR began when Diane and Jack thought they recognized Stark that bumped into Jack, Leanne, the yenta, saw Diane going up the stairs with Copperhead following, and Jack, Kyle, and Summer walking in on Diane with her hands wrapped around Copperhead’s neck.  Another thing I found odd was that the suite door was unlocked so Diane could just walk in. I don’t know, even in a cheap motel, that doors don’t lock automatically and you need a key or keycard to get into the room. The “unlocked door” also allowed Jack, Kyle, and Summer to enter. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Things I can watch on a loop: Jack tossing a chair through a window and inviting Victor to have a seat. Jack stepping over Victor’s prone body after his heart attack. And, thanks to my mother thoughtfully recording it, Phyllis catching ten hands worth of slap from Diane.

Things that will be tattooed on my inner eyelids as I’m processed through Hell’s atrium: Nick rubbing Sally’s midsection like a Magic 8 Ball. All signs point to Go Fuck Yourself, human wet spot. Who does that creepy shit in public in front of their brother, who is clearly still in love with Sally? A shart goblin like Nick Newman, that’s who.

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Sharon referred to "Aria" when she was talking to Adam. Must be what Mariah and Tessa named their new baby. Did we know that before today?

That's kind of cute. Aria because Tessa is a singer and those are four middle letters in Mariah's name.

• Like 11
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I thought Elena looked sensational all the way around. Also Diane. Sharon acted like she was drunk.  Also acted that way when she was on the one hour special Sunday night.Perhaps it’s Xanax or something similar?

I'm watching today's episode now and I thought Sharon was gassed too.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Most disappointing thing from the gala so far - Chelsea running out the front door of the GCAC when she was being grilled by Leanna Love instead of heading straight for the elevators and punching "Roof".  (You CAN fly, Chelsea, just like Tinkerbell!  Give it a try!)  Too insensitive?  Too soon?

Scariest thing at the gala - that close up on Nikki's face.  It looked like her eyebrows were being colonized by two caterpillars from Outer Space.  Those suckers were HUGE.  Also, all close ups of Nikki lately have her looking like she just gulped down an extra tart dill pickle.

Second most scariest thing at the gala - that close up of ButtBiscuit's face during the Leanna Love/Chelsea massacre.  By his looks alone, I think he really should consider passing over his return to Jabot and go straight to undertaking.  He can use his own face in both the "before" and the "after" ads.

Most stoned and loving it at the gala - Sharon, by a long shot.  Dancing, seated, in that chair next to Adam might be the most embarrassing thing Sharon Case has ever done on Show.

Most stoned and ME loving it at the gala - Nina reading Abby for filth.  Most of it went right over Abby's head, Nina using so many words with more than one syllable but it was about time somebody said it.  I also liked the ladies discussing how Nina was, historically at least, pot calling kettle.

Most overhyped moment at the gala - the "we've seen this already, and better" moments between Diane and Phyllis.  Phyllis was acting like she'd taken a toke off whatever Sharon was smoking and Diane seemed bored.  Here's hoping the choking takes and Daniel can Fed Ex his comatose Mommy back to the facility in Georgia for a nice, long rest.

This can't be all there is, can it?   Can it?

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Fire 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, boes said:

Most overhyped moment at the gala - the "we've seen this already, and better" moments between Diane and Phyllis. 

Wait a second? There was actual hype for those boring ass scenes?????🤣🤣🤣 I completely agree that both actresses did a better version of this over 20 years ago, this is just too played out, especially if Phyllis looks like a victim. "Why aren't you dead?" I ask myself that just about every time I look at you Phylty 🙃

11 minutes ago, boes said:

Most disappointing thing from the gala so far - Chelsea running out the front door of the GCAC when she was being grilled by Leanna Love instead of heading straight for the elevators and punching "Roof".  (You CAN fly, Chelsea, just like Tinkerbell!  Give it a try!)  Too insensitive?  Too soon?

Nope. Fuck Chelsea. 

I'm glad Nina got to go at Abby, I've seen old clips of Nina going toe to toe with Jill back in the day ,and imo she held back.

Christine kinda ruined it with bringing up Nina's past with Chance's father. Not necessarily cos Nina shouldn't reflect but I just feel like it made a big plothole much more obvious. Because how does Nina breaking up Christine & Phillip III work with Chance unSORAed? Wouldn't the timelines be different? Wasn't Chance originally born years before Billy and hadn't Phillip been killed off by that time too? Oh well, I'm probably thinking much harder about this than Josh Griffith did. 

Lily & Devon's resolution just seems like a rinse repeat of everything the characters have done since Hillary was killed. They never stay at least frosty with each other despite having good reasons. There are no real stakes when it comes to them because they'll always quickly make up. Or if Neil's memory is what's at stake, then why have them fight at all? I could understand if it was good soap drama, but it's not, at least not to me. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Why in Gods name was Nick rubbing Sally's belly in public when just minutes before she was nervous about a baby bump? I thought she didn't want people to wonder if she was pregnant. Or does Nick rub all of his women's stomachs for good luck? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, boes said:

Too insensitive?  Too soon?

Not in the least.  I was hoping the same thing.  Second choice was her blindly running out of the GCAC into traffic.

Can anyone explain to me what is the plan Phylthy and Starkers have going?  I don't get the "catching Diane trying to (justifiably) throttle Phylth" plot since it relies on, as others have pointed out, exact timing of Jack & Co finding her in the act.  I don't understand how the props fit into this (a bottle of something, stealing something of Diane's and Kyle's treats-it-like-a-stepchild phone).  I really don't understand Phylth's comment that in three months Diane will know/suffer/be taken down.  What happens in three months?  And as long as I'm on a rant, why did Stark have to pull up his creepy socks whilst bending over the GC stairs? Just to flash his hiney at the crowd?  WTF plot point is that?

...and just because I'm an old English Major-it's Robert Burns, not Frost.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

in the words of Robert Frost

If this was Jeopardy and the category was "Poets named Robert," the answer to the question "Who wrote “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley,” the answer would be "Who was Robert Burns"

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
On 3/27/2023 at 8:23 AM, MissAlmond said:

3) Yay to seeing Leanna Love and Maime! As a side note, thank you Maime for mentioning smartly investing, therefore increasing, your money.

I REALLY want to know how to turn 1 million into 10 million.

I'm working on an indictment for the entire sequin industry....

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Why in Gods name was Nick rubbing Sally's belly in public

Motivated by his need to assert his dominance as a true Newman, and the only one of Nikki and Victor's two children born while they were actually married to each other, Nick was rubbing it in Adam's face that Sally would allow him a gesture that she would deny Adam, even though Adam is the father of the contents of her "baby bump" - can you imagine what would happen in a real-life situation where one man saw another man publicly rubbing the belly that contained his child?

• Like 15
  • Useful 2
24 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I hate Phyllis 

Me, too, but I hate Diane more. I cannot stand MS's constant repeating of most sentences/phrases, but I'll take it a little longer if she takes Diane down.

OK, Jack. How dickmatized are you if you walk in on your psycho bride-to-be ... after ALL that she has done to you and your kid ... quite literally STRANGLING someone else and you still go ahead with the engagement announcement? When he expressed reservations about announcing the engagement, I thought "well, good for him." Then he blamed the victim (Phyllis) and changed his mind?

I get it's a soap opera but goddamn. Trying to choke someone out is an assault charge, not an affirmation of your impending wedding. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I REALLY want to know how to turn 1 million into 10 million.

After years of being around the Abbott's and friends, Maime was a pro at sniffing out what was the real deal vs what was bulls**t and invested accordingly. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

If you think Sharon was high, I wish you could have seen me watching the show today, 3rd day of shingles in my eye and ear, on pain meds....LOL. Good times. I'd  have to say my most insufferable moments were watching Nikki and Vampire propped up on some dais like a jaded Roman emperor, with scheming his sister. When Nikki was blubbering she had wasted months planning the Gala, only to have Jack & Diane ruin it with the engagement announcement, I felt like screaming, "What about the months you have wasted in the pursuit of meeting with "the ghouls," and a reporter, for the sole purpose of messing with someone else's life?" "What about the years you have spewed nothing but hate and alienation on Adam?" Sorry, but I almost detest Nikki as much as Phyllis at this point. Phyllis is totally unhinged, everyone sees it, yet where are Captain Save a Hoe Billy and Chelsea, Genoa City's resident mental health experts while she flounders around like a loose cannon on the deck of life? As for Nick's hand moves on Sally's gut, I think he suspects she really has a burrito stashed there, that's what it looked like to me.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 12
  • Applause 3

Get better soon Julyolo! I have never had shingles personally but I watched my mother go through them twice. Freaking awful!!

I cannot for the life of me figure out what Stark and Phyllis are up to. Actually.   I don’t really care because Phyll will be proved correct about Diane just because. 🤮

• Like 8
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 3

Is Phyllis being drugged? Maybe by Diane? Or Stark? Or both?  I’m just trying to understand , even for nemesis soap standards, even for Phyllis, this completely over the top desperate and unhinged behaviour.

23 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Phyllis is totally unhinged, everyone sees it, yet where are Captain Save a Hoe Billy and Chelsea, Genoa City's resident mental health experts while she flounders around like a loose cannon on the deck of life?

Applause 👏🏻 

It’s nice to see new party people every day. Hilary Amanda looked gorgeous. I’m curious to see if her dress was the same shade as the Elena or Sharon dresses.

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 11
  • Love 2

I still can’t figure out what the plan is with Stark and Phyllis. Why did he steal the engagement ring out of Jack’s pocket? Surely he didn’t think that they wouldn’t announce their engagement without the ring.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Is Sharon entering a manic phase?  She was a little to animated with the overt flirting and wildly tossing her hair.Maybe all those injections have done some brain damage?

@Joimiaroxeu so sorry you are going thru this--my MIL had it right around her eyes and suffered so much you can bet I ran out and got the shot asap,  Feel better.

Honestly, that was one of the tackiest collection of "evening wear" I've seen n a long time. Someone should tell Lauren, while she is a beautiful woman, NO ONE should be wearing an aluminum foil gold painted dress, not at any age.

I was going to be bitchy about Chloe's dress, but have to admit it would just be because I am a jealous woman whose arms look like bat wings.

Oh Phyllis, just go away.  I'm soooo scared at what Jeremy might do {eye roll}

Nikki gets the tackiest dress of the nite award.  I couldn't figures out exactly what the dress was trying to be--deco? 50s? High School Prom?

Jill to Mimi--nice dress.  Was she blind? A roll of blue cotton with sheer nylon for sleeves?  All righty, then.

Jack and Diane both looked very orange on my screen.

eta: I am so sick of fragile Chelsea droning on about her "problems"  Look,I get it, I'm bi polar and have had two complete breakdowns, but for the love of chocolate girl, get out of your planet of misery and do something for someone else.  Volunteer for something that might take your focus off yourself and realize you aren't that much of a special snowflake

I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest..

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 11
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I hope you feel better soon, Julyolo. Sending healing vibes your way.

Let me just thank everyone for making the grand bicentennial ball so much better with all the excellent and pointed commentary. The fashion reviews and highlights were so much better than the event itself. You folks are on fire.

I believe Jeremy Stark’s plan is to bring velour back to Genoa City. The evil is breathtaking.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

Meh, I don't buy Diane going berserk like that. She has Jack and Kyle solidly in her corner, and she's on the verge of getting everything she wants. No way she'd risk everything by assaulting Phyllis over some playground taunts.

Wonder if MS knew it was possible to see where one of her hair extensions was attached in the back of her head? 😼

One of those guys sitting at the bar looked like he could be Devon's body double or stand-in. And the guy next to him could be Billy's, and the one next to him, Nick's. That'd be cool if they were allowed to show their faces for a change and act as party guests.

Amanda?! Why is she at the party? She had to expect to see Abby and Devon. Yikes.

Ashley and Audra hadn't met before? Whatever, lol, Tucker was trying hard to maintain his cool because that moment was like TNT eyeballing C-4.

Gina! Quite a blast from the past. Good thing Kevin was absent from the event.

WTF did Miss Charles call herself doing, lowkey flirting with Kyle? She knows he's married, and her emo ex-boyfriend Noah is his BIL. Be more smart, Audra.

Meanwhile, Kyle's family should buy him a lanyard to attach to his phone so he can keep it around his neck. (Dumbest plot device ever. 🙄)

Sure hope Jack had the engagement ring insured. It looked hella expensive.

Aw, whackadoodle Chelsea can dish it out but she can't take it. But it's okay, she's got Billy trained to feed her precious ego and be a human band-aid.

Danny warning Daniel away from Lily was unexpected. Hmm.

Great speech by Jack, I thought, except for the schmoopy part at the end.

That's right, Sally. You know in your soul Nick doesn't love you and never will. At best you are a thing he possesses. He ain't putting a ring on it.

OMG, Phyllis looked like a hungover hag who'd just crawled out of a gutter and found an evening gown tossed in a dumpster. What a loon.

I guess I should be looking forward to Amanda chewing out Abby and Devon but ehhh. Why should she bother at this point?

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, boes said:

So what's next here?  Is Phyllis going to disembowel herself while screaming "Look what Diane did to me!" while Stark sneaks into the GCAC gym and steals Victor's jockstrap of virility?

I'm on tenterhooks till tomorrow!!  And those hurt, lemme tell you

Stop.    Just stop !!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, Julyolo said:

3rd day of shingles in my eye and ear,

When it comes to shingles, I have been most udeservedly lucky - just a few blisters in a location covered by clothing, some watery eyes, runny nose, scratchy throat, feeling a bit done in, 48-72 hours on Acyclovir and I'm 100%

• Like 3
  • Hugs 8
  • Love 2

Best wishes for a speedy recovery @Julyolo!

Victor saying to Nikki that Jack and Diane would blow up was a strange choice of words, so I wonder if there is going to be an explosion, as someone upthread first speculated?

Nina and Danny and Danny's sister (sorry, don't remember her name) were before my time, so I've only ever seen them as brief guests. They are infinitely more interesting than many of the regulars. I so wish Victor, Nikki, Victoria and Nick (along with Phyllis) would be sent off into the sunset so these other families could come back to town. I'd love to see them interact with and give more screentime to  Tracy, Michael and Lauren.

Phyllis needs an emergency intervention with a mental health specialist. The way she was clapping was fucking bizarre and unhinged and the townspeople should be worried for their safety.

• Like 10
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, boes said:

So what's next here?  Is Phyllis going to disembowel herself while screaming "Look what Diane did to me!" while Stark sneaks into the GCAC gym and steals Victor's jockstrap of virility?

I'm on tenterhooks till tomorrow!!  And those hurt, lemme tell you.

OMG I’m dead. Just dead. 🤣! At least I wasn’t drinking water while reading this, like I was yesterday when I read @NinjaPenguins recap. I nearly choked to death!

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Nina isn’t remotely comparable to Scabby, IMO. She was a teenager, as were Phillip III and Bug, who were dating, not married. Scabby has a history of going after married/otherwise attached men (Austin, Scott, and Devon) as a fully grown-ass woman and was married herself with her most recent affair. Plus, Nina’s tryst with Phillip produced the fine as hell Chance and who can fault her for that?

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Yes JS Nana, I knew it was Robert Burns but in a senior moment I posted Robert Frost. 

Copperhead is not paranoid because her condition is now called persecution disorder 😜

Summer doesn’t believe her mother so did hell freeze over or is the sky falling?  Copperhead wants Summer to leave her alone so she sit in the corner and eat some worms.  I think it’s time for Summer and Daniel to book their mother a room at Fairview.  This poor woman is crying out for help and Fairview has done wonders for Sharon since her bipolar condition is completely under control.  Fairview has enabled Chelsea to function but I’m still questioning Chelsea’s sanity since she’s about to hook up with Nostrils. 

Come on Jack, you’re not a stupid man to realize your pocket was picked.  Now the question is how Copperhead and Stark plan to use the ring now that Jack knows it’s not in his possession any longer?  Is it still the plan for Copperhead to fake her death and frame Diane?  Color me curious as to the illogical crap and spin the monkeys with a keyboard will write to pull this off?

Jack’s speech was excellent but Wisconsin Strong, in GC, is a myth. Wisconsin Strong lasted until Jack and Diane announced their engagement. Wisconsin Strong turned into GC animosity in the blink of an eye.  

Copperhead comes down the stairs flapping her arms and doing a very sarcastic clap but I’m so very disappointed that the was no Caw Caw. 

By the way, I don’t see any food. Sally said she was starving and Banana Breath was going to take her to get a cheeseburger.  What a guy. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That's right, Sally. You know in your soul Nick doesn't love you and never will. At best you are a thing he possesses. He ain't putting a ring on it.

Did I f/f through something here? What is this about?

Also, count me in on the crew that cannot see where this disaster is going with Diane and Phyllis. I mean, if walking in and seeing your fiance choking your ex isn't enough to get Jack to re think the engagement, and get Kyle and Dummer to re think his mother's motives and behavior then what exactly do SyPh and Jeremy have planned? Awww, fuck it, never mind, I don't care!

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Did I f/f through something here? What is this about?

After Jack joyfully announced he had asked Diane to marry him and she had accepted, the next scene at the gala had Sally looking wistful and a little envious. She softly made the comment, "That's real love." as Adam lifted his champagne flute to her from across the room.

Meanwhile, Nick just stood there like he'd just made a solid poop in his pants and was proud of himself. He didn't put his arm around Sally or anything else to acknowledge the highly romantic moment. It was clear by her facial expression that Sally had realized--again--she was settling for less than what she could've had with Adam.

Of course after the party Sally and Nick will likely go back to her hotel room and do what they always do.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Of course after the party Sally and Nick will likely go back to her hotel room and do what they always do.

Aww, no, I hope not.  Why she has to pick nits out of his hair EVERY night is beyond understanding. I'm glad that at least she refuses to eat them the way Nikki always did.

You'd think that with her pregnant, Nick would at least start wearing a flea collar for the next few months.

It's bad enough, Sally having to come up with explanations to the hotel cleaning staff as to why the sheets from her bed have to be burned after every changing.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 16

Phyllis:  Stopping By Gala on a Ho-ey Evening

Whose gala this is I think I know

Their house is down at the ranch though

They will not see me stopping here

The ho-iest evening of.the year.

My little horse must think it queer

To stop without the GP near

Between the phonies and all the fakes

The.darkest evening of.the.year.

He gives his harness bells.a shake

To ask if there is some mistake

The only other sounds the peep

Of Tucker trying not to fall asleep.

This gala is lovely dark and deep

But I have devious plans to keep

And miles to go before I weep

And miles to go before I weep

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

What the fuck, Phyllis? It’s one thing to read all the descriptions of her descending the staircase and upstaging Jack’s announcement with that tired ass velociraptor impression. It’s quite another to witness it in all its, well, glory.

MsMalin, I hope you’ll be attending the poetry slams at Crimson Lights.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ashley and Audra hadn't met before?

Eh I feel like there is alot of people in GC she hasn't met yet. She's still relatively new and they can only pointlessly shove her in so many places or Storylines while the writers(oopps i meant Josh Griffith) figure out what to do with her & juggle other characters/SL. She got lucky that Kyle's phone was at the bar so she'd have an excuse to approach Ashley & Kyle in the first place. Otherwise there's no real reason for her to be in their orbit as of yet, considering she's a Newman employee. 

19 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Nina isn’t remotely comparable to Scabby, IMO. She was a teenager, as were Phillip III and Bug, who were dating, not married. Scabby has a history of going after married/otherwise attached men (Austin, Scott, and Devon) as a fully grown-ass woman and was married herself with her most recent affair. Plus, Nina’s tryst with Phillip produced the fine as hell Chance and who can fault her for that?

Okay thanks for clearing that up some & dragging Christine in the process! Stfu about Nina Christine!  

Jack's speech felt like it lasted longer than Y&R has itself. What little fun this Gala was died when Jack started talking. Sorry Jack, but no one cares about your ill-fated relationship with Diane. I think it's kind of funny & tragic that Jack's relationship with Phyllis has set the bar practically in hell but Diane can barely mange to clear it. Like...how can you suck that much??? Diane's return is such a bust if she had finished choking Phyllis out I might feel differently. 

The show needs to stop teasing Sally & Adam being true love, because that just highlights how forced Sally/Nick is. But maybe that's the point. It's nothing short of a gross, cringeworthy, revenge pairing and TIIC is going to continue shoving it down our throats anyway. 😒

Edited by Skarzero
Typo
  • Like 9
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, boes said:

Aww, no, I hope not.  Why she has to pick nits out of his hair EVERY night is beyond understanding. I'm glad that at least she refuses to eat them the way Nikki always did.

You'd think that with her pregnant, Nick would at least start wearing a flea collar for the next few months.

It's bad enough, Sally having to come up with explanations to the hotel cleaning staff as to why the sheets from her bed have to be burned after every changing.

Please come over and help me wipe the yogurt  from my computer i just spewed.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10

Phyllis is a liar and a loon. And despicable. And manipulative and pathetic. My gosh I haven't despised a character this much in a very long time. And not in a love-to-hate kind of way, either.

If the writers ultimately have Diane playing a long con in order to prove Phyllis right, I'll be done with this show.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Please come over and help me wipe the yogurt  from my computer i just spewed.

I’ve learned the hard way not to eat or drink while reading this board! 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
23 hours ago, Js Nana said:

If this was Jeopardy and the category was "Poets named Robert,"

Alex Trebek would be saying " Bobbie Burrrrns"  #missingAlex 

17 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Nikki gets the tackiest dress of the nite award.  I couldn't figures out exactly what the dress was trying to be--deco? 50s? High School Prom?

The ghost of a madam in a bordello in Dodge City?

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Which makes me want to throw up.  I could almost stand this pairing if they left out the sex.  I mean, why would Nick want to have sex with her?  She's pregnant with another man's child, you idiot.  I would buy Nick's concern for her if Adam had knocked her up and then dumped her.  He would be that guy that stands by a woman in distress.  A Noble Ape.  But what Dickolus is doing is just mean-he doesn't give a poot about Sally, this is revenge on Adam.

42 minutes ago, Skarzero said:

She got lucky that Kyle's phone was at the bar so she'd have an excuse to approach Ashley & Kyle

Did anyone else interpret Kyle's look at Audra as leering?  He seemed to me to be feasting his eyes on her, even after his wife showed up. This could be fun.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Alex Trebek would be saying " Bobbie Burrrrns"  #missingAlex 

The ghost of a madam in a bordello in Dodge City?

Which makes me want to throw up.  I could almost stand this pairing if they left out the sex.  I mean, why would Nick want to have sex with her?  She's pregnant with another man's child, you idiot.  I would buy Nick's concern for her if Adam had knocked her up and then dumped her.  He would be that guy that stands by a woman in distress.  A Noble Ape.  But what Dickolus is doing is just mean-he doesn't give a poot about Sally, this is revenge on Adam.

Did anyone else interpret Kyle's look at Audra as leering?  He seemed to me to be feasting his eyes on her, even after his wife showed up. This could be fun.

I noticed Kyle eyeing Audra. He’s about due for a fling.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

Nikki sitting there on her fat ass today looking incredulously disgusted at her co conspirator showed me just what a two faced witch she is. Daniel saying about Phyllis, "Can you get something for her head?" LOL! Yes to that! Start with a lobotomy. Now we have Daniel and Summer all regretful about giving their mother some appropriate responses to her insanity before this "fall out," or "fake out," which IMO looks to me like it will serve as her alibi to exonerate setting Diane up for something else. I loved Amanda serving Abby the news Devon is a cheater! So needed. Bad wig on Danny Senior, for sure. Looks like the piece they had plopped on Chelsea's head a few weeks ago to give her the illusion of bangs. Oh, sure, Stark and Phyllis are married? Good! Now they can go away together to Chicago, LA, HELL, or whatever jurisdiction his probation states he needs to reside in, and live happily ever after. Can't happen soon enough for me, and Godspeed. If not that, an extended honeymoon of a few years at least?

ETA* Many thanks to all who wished me well & a speedy recovery!

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I noticed Kyle eyeing Audra. He’s about due for a fling.

Agree, on both counts. And Audra would entertain at least a one-night-stand to fuck shit up for the Abbots and the Newmans. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3