Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, boes said:

.  For instance, I doubt we'll be seeing the Chancellor set again,

why don't they sell the  chess table that has aver been used? it should be worth a pretty penny. Knowing the Newman's it must be made of solid gold.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 2
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

Is there any hope/spoilers that Sharon will get out of the coffee house? Is the show turning her into Gina Romalotti? 

Yes, she's been stuck at the coffee shop for months.  I'm worried that they got rid of her house set and can't even remember the last time she was there - maybe right after Rey died? 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I am beyond sick of hotel rooms and Society.

I have a drinking game (besides the one for every time Nate says "intrigued") where I try to see where the set decorators screw up to make the Hotel Room Set look different for the umpteen different rooms that are being occupied by Diane, Sally, Tucker and Phylth (and anyone else I have forgotten).  Sometimes they miss the picture or the pink flowers and they never change those damn fake gold vases on top of the closet.  My fetish now is seeing if the dirt spot on the lamp in Sally's room is on any other room's lamp.  Are there no other living spaces in GC?  You could probably rent an apartment or a whole damn house for what they are paying there.  Is having your bed made and fresh towels really worth it?  And brown used to be one of my favorite colors. =sad face= Maybe Sally and Chloe could make their Unique Decor Service available.

Another thought that popped into my head:  was the "I was a coder for military computers" a setup for Chance to start working with Daniel?  That could be fun with Heather coming into town.  I really couldn't buy Phylth being an asset for a computer game development-isn't she still back in Nintendo 64?  When does she have time to play all the new stuff much less know how to code it?

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8
On 2/8/2023 at 5:28 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Audra: Tucker, I thought I made it clear the last time you summoned me that we were no longer in cahoots.
Tucker: perhaps, but your cooch is clearly in cahoots with my--
Audra: mouth?
Tucker: lower.
Audra: hands?
Tucker: <snicker> loooowwweeerrr.
Crystal: um, hello?  See me back here? I hear everything in this lobby and you two are nasty.

The writers are treating Daniel and Chance as contemporaries but with the recast version of Chance, I'm having a hard time buying it. Besides, isn't Daniel closer to Phillip III's age?

Chance was a top secret coder in the military. Okay, which MWT pulled that one out of their hat?🤬

1) Delighted to see you gave Crystal a line!

2) Chance was born in 1988 and Daniel was born August 17, 1994. Six years age difference. And Little Phillip was born December 25, 1976.

3) The MWT who wasn't wearing a hat!

monkey_butt_by_blinddong_dd7tj6z-fullview.jpg.8c731a91f1b4fbab67b7c7723b661bd3.jpg

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 13
6 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Is there any hope/spoilers that Sharon will get out of the coffee house? Is the show turning her into Gina Romalotti? 

Gina did sing every once in a while. I don't Sharon can show her best talent in public.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

^^Yes, Chance was born when Cricket was dating Philip, and Daniel was born when Cricket was married to Danny.  In my mind, they're practically brothers!

Any wagers that Sally will be having twins, one baby fathered by Adam and the other by Nick?  It's absurd enough that I think this particular writer would go down that road. Guiding Light did it with Blake's twins, but I can't remember how they figured out which boy was Ross's son and which one was Rick's.    

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

^^Yes, Chance was born when Cricket was dating Philip, and Daniel was born when Cricket was married to Danny.  In my mind, they're practically brothers!

Any wagers that Sally will be having twins, one baby fathered by Adam and the other by Nick?  It's absurd enough that I think this particular writer would go down that road. Guiding Light did it with Blake's twins, but I can't remember how they figured out which boy was Ross's son and which one was Rick's.    

Annie Dutton switched the test on one of the boys, so it seemed that the twins had different father but it was eventually discovered that Ross was the father of both boys.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

I am tired of all of these business storylines. Thinking back to watching soaps for 40+ years and were they always like this? Maybe because GH was set in a hospital it was more varied but even that became Mob Central. 

Elena is a nurse but besides her, Chance and Sharon, is every single character dependent on NE, CW or Jabot for a paycheck?

People can have interesting personal lives without corporate intrigue? 

• Like 19
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I am tired of all of these business storylines. Thinking back to watching soaps for 40+ years and were they always like this? Maybe because GH was set in a hospital it was more varied but even that became Mob Central. 

Elena is a nurse but besides her, Chance and Sharon, is every single character dependent on NE, CW or Jabot for a paycheck?

I’m with you. Plus they are so detached from reality that anyone who has ever worked in a corporate office environment, will find them too ridiculous too enjoy.

That’s where I am.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Currently, in Genoa City, if you’re not in business, you’re nothing.  Ask Sharon Newman or Dr Elena Dawson.  Even Chance the cop is talking programming with Daniel.  Does this mean that he is going to follow former Dr Nate into the business world?

Making it worse is how painfully dull and repetitive these stories are.  After all, how many iterations of Newman family in-fighting do we need to watch to know that they thrive on mean-spirited destruction? Both for their own family members and anyone else who gets in the way of their overriding power grabs.  (BTW, I’m about done with the Newman game theory of business – an excuse for screwing everyone who gets in their way – including friends). 

Speaking of screwing, nothing says romance and love in the afternoon like two “chemless” characters conflating their mutual lust for power with probable lust on the well-used, grungy office sofa.  Turned on by talk about moving money around between corporate divisions. Really?  Is this romance and “love in the afternoon”?  I don’t think so.  No love story here.  May they – and others – disappear in a mountain of paperwork and reappear in new and different stories.  

An aside re GH, I do like that it has become less “mob central.”  Sonny is still the lead, but his focus is more on his personal life.  As well, there is an interesting variety of different occupations and socio-economic levels. 

Another aside, Elena is a doctor – not a nurse – and was even before she arrived in Genoa City.  When her mother died, she took a break from her medical residency to look after (ie “nurse”) her Uncle Jett.  She resumed her surgical residency a few months after she arrived in GC in 2019. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

I'm loving Tucker. I'll deal with this business story so long as it results in some comeuppance for the awful Newmans. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

Jack should fire Kyle. It's ridiculous that he's going to get away with his subterfuge.

Elena deserves so much better than Nate. Him: "I'll be home as soon as I can. Don't wait up."  Click.  Fuck off, jerk.

I liked the two necklaces Summer was wearing today.

@Aurora2 Agree completely about the lack of chemistry between Nate and Victoria. And Chance would be no more believable as a corporate guy than Nate has been.

Also agree about GH these days. While it still has problems (flat endings to storylines, way too much Carly and Carly worshipping) it is so much better than it was when I stopped watching years ago.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Victoria: I passed some peasants building tumbrils on my way to work this morning. We need to get this rich person pissing contest on the road.

Victor: Agree. I must now sustain myself on Tucker McCall’s tears since the virgin blood shortage started.

Victoria: I worry that Devon will bail him out. Their relationship is rocky, but not sick and depraved like our family.

Victor: Devon is a weenie. I could take his lunch money anytime I wanted.

Victoria: Snapping up corporate debt is such a relatable topic. Have we thought about Newman getting into crypto or subprime mortgages?

Victor: I am now going to ask about your family as s flimsy pretense for discussing Adam. He’s still out there, free.

Victoria: For the love of - Dad, he’s just not that into you. We don’t have a position for him since we let Nick open his Fischer Price My First Big Boy Executive play set .

Victor: Why do you think I’m using you to do all my dirty work to steal McCall’s company? So I can hand it to Adam on a silver platter with a pretty little bow on top. ‘K?

Victoria: Do I get to boss him?

Victor: We can worry about that later. You just enjoy that little sliver of self-doubt and uncertainty I stuck in your psyche.

Victoria: Speaking of slivers, I could use a wooden one.

@@@@@@@

Tucker: I feel the need for sleaze. I’m here to leer. Care for a double entendre? Are you buying any of this?

Audra: Not even at a discount.

Tucker: Fair. Game recognizes game, tho, so what are we really doing here?

Audra: Newman Enterprises wants to fuck you way more than I do.

Tucker: Lol, they’re so messy. Victor’s a decrepit lich and Victoria has freon in her veins. Nicholas is a sentient fart in a mitten.

Audra: So… what are you going to do about it?

Tucker: That’s for me to know and you to find out. In bed.

Audra: I gotta go humor Nate by being patient with his limited understanding of business strategies. Byeee.

@@@@@@@@@

Kyle: There you are.

Summer: Hat fucker.

Kyle: What did I do? The whole Victor thing is complicated.

Summer: Yeah, you already ran that line on Jack, bish. Next.

Kyle: Wow, you sound just like -

Summer: I will pull your thong over you head and down past your eyebrows.

Kyle: I’m sorry. I thought since I was rewarded by getting everything I wanted, we were cool. You can see why I had to be deceitful; I mean, this kind of high level subterfuge required my mad maneuvering skillz.

Summer: You lied to me. You lied to Jack. And when you had the opportunity to come clean, you kept lying. Remember promising each other there’d be no more secrets?

Kyle: That was strictly about my mom. Boom! Got you on a technicality, sweet cheeks. Those Perry Mason re-runs are really paying off.

Summer: You know who you sound like?

Kyle: Whoa whoa whoa. Comparing someone to their mother is completely unacceptable. Look, Jabot is fine, Adam’s gone, and my bouffant has never been higher. Let’s go home. I’ll make it up to you, even though it’s clear I regret nothing.

Summer: Let me give you some words of wisdom from my dad. You’re never truly alone when you have a free hand and a stick of butter.

@@@@@@@

Ashley: Honey, I’m home!

Diane: Guess what, chicken butt?

Ashley: Oh hell no.

Jack: That’s right, sis. I’m wearing my clown shoes of love and will bigfoot any concerns. I declare Diane redeemed, effective immediately. Can’t you just let me enjoy my blissful ignorance?

Ashley: I love you, but I’m not just worried about the past. What about future surprises, hint hint?

Jack: Watch how gracefully I sidestep that anvil and tell you to eat shit.

Ashley: I’m embarrassed for you.

Jack: I have not yet begun to schmoopy! I’ll buy your share of the house. You still have that rental cottage on the shores of Victor’s anal fissure, don’t you?

Ashley: You’re not the only one in this family who can make dumb romantic decisions! I’m outta here!

Diane: So, that Kyle. Did you have to put him over your knee?

Jack: I thought about leaving him on Victor’s doorstep as a punishment for both of them. At least Adam was honest with me. That’s refreshing.

Diane: Not to take Kyle’s side but to totally take his side, I’m sure Kyle was a devious, underhanded duck dick for all the right reasons.

Jack: Sometimes I feel like there’s someone behind the scenes, scripting my life. That person is allergic to drama.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Victoria: I passed some peasants building tumbrils on my way to work this morning. We need to get this rich person pissing contest on the road.

Victor: Agree. I must now sustain myself on Tucker McCall’s tears since the virgin blood shortage started.

Victoria: I worry that Devon will bail him out. Their relationship is rocky, but not sick and depraved like our family.

Victor: Devon is a weenie. I could take his lunch money anytime I wanted.

Victoria: Snapping up corporate debt is such a relatable topic. Have we thought about Newman getting into crypto or subprime mortgages?

Victor: I am now going to ask about your family as s flimsy pretense for discussing Adam. He’s still out there, free.

Victoria: For the love of - Dad, he’s just not that into you. We don’t have a position for him since we let Nick open his Fischer Price My First Big Boy Executive play set .

Victor: Why do you think I’m using you to do all my dirty work to steal McCall’s company? So I can hand it to Adam on a silver platter with a pretty little bow on top. ‘K?

Victoria: Do I get to boss him?

Victor: We can worry about that later. You just enjoy that little sliver of self-doubt and uncertainty I stuck in your psyche.

Victoria: Speaking of slivers, I could use a wooden one.

@@@@@@@

Tucker: I feel the need for sleaze. I’m here to leer. Care for a double entendre? Are you buying any of this?

Audra: Not even at a discount.

Tucker: Fair. Game recognizes game, tho, so what are we really doing here?

Audra: Newman Enterprises wants to fuck you way more than I do.

Tucker: Lol, they’re so messy. Victor’s a decrepit lich and Victoria has freon in her veins. Nicholas is a sentient fart in a mitten.

Audra: So… what are you going to do about it?

Tucker: That’s for me to know and you to find out. In bed.

Audra: I gotta go humor Nate by being patient with his limited understanding of business strategies. Byeee.

@@@@@@@@@

Kyle: There you are.

Summer: Hat fucker.

Kyle: What did I do? The whole Victor thing is complicated.

Summer: Yeah, you already ran that line on Jack, bish. Next.

Kyle: Wow, you sound just like -

Summer: I will pull your thong over you head and down past your eyebrows.

Kyle: I’m sorry. I thought since I was rewarded by getting everything I wanted, we were cool. You can see why I had to be deceitful; I mean, this kind of high level subterfuge required my mad maneuvering skillz.

Summer: You lied to me. You lied to Jack. And when you had the opportunity to come clean, you kept lying. Remember promising each other there’d be no more secrets?

Kyle: That was strictly about my mom. Boom! Got you on a technicality, sweet cheeks. Those Perry Mason re-runs are really paying off.

Summer: You know who you sound like?

Kyle: Whoa whoa whoa. Comparing someone to their mother is completely unacceptable. Look, Jabot is fine, Adam’s gone, and my bouffant has never been higher. Let’s go home. I’ll make it up to you, even though it’s clear I regret nothing.

Summer: Let me give you some words of wisdom from my dad. You’re never truly alone when you have a free hand and a stick of butter.

@@@@@@@

Ashley: Honey, I’m home!

Diane: Guess what, chicken butt?

Ashley: Oh hell no.

Jack: That’s right, sis. I’m wearing my clown shoes of love and will bigfoot any concerns. I declare Diane redeemed, effective immediately. Can’t you just let me enjoy my blissful ignorance?

Ashley: I love you, but I’m not just worried about the past. What about future surprises, hint hint?

Jack: Watch how gracefully I sidestep that anvil and tell you to eat shit.

Ashley: I’m embarrassed for you.

Jack: I have not yet begun to schmoopy! I’ll buy your share of the house. You still have that rental cottage on the shores of Victor’s anal fissure, don’t you?

Ashley: You’re not the only one in this family who can make dumb romantic decisions! I’m outta here!

Diane: So, that Kyle. Did you have to put him over your knee?

Jack: I thought about leaving him on Victor’s doorstep as a punishment for both of them. At least Adam was honest with me. That’s refreshing.

Diane: Not to take Kyle’s side but to totally take his side, I’m sure Kyle was a devious, underhanded duck dick for all the right reasons.

Jack: Sometimes I feel like there’s someone behind the scenes, scripting my life. That person is allergic to drama.

I just want to know why we don't have a laugh til I pissed myself emoji.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12

I still can't with Summer's skirt. IMO it's too small for her figure, plus she doesn't seem to be able to walk properly in her high heels. She's been clopping around like a newborn giraffe on freshly-waxed linoleum.

Jack was a brave man, stepping in between Ashley and Diane. I'm thinking Diane could fight down and dirty, MMA-style. However, Ashley would simply pull out her Glock and ask Diane if she feels lucky. 😉

Wow, Audra laid it right out to Tucker that the Newmans are coming after him. Guess she has a death wish, hah hah. But OTOH, maybe they shouldn't've assumed she was willing to be a honeytrap.

Ehh, Ashley, your embarrassment is your problem. No one expects you to be responsible for your adult brother's romantic decisions. Unless Diana does something to cause you direct harm, STFU.

Oh okay, Audra thinks she can find out what Tucker's countermove will be, and then she can tell Nate and Victoria. Not a bad plan but it might be a bit transparent for a gamesman like McCall.

Lol, Ashley should rekindle things with Tucker and have him move into the Abbott family home. Then she should talk Billy into returning and bringing Chelsea with him. Jack's head would go BOOM.

Nate's "whatchutalkinbout Willis?" facial expression when Audra told him how she handled Tucker cracked me up. Audra dances circles around him in the corporate intrigues arena and he doesn't even realize it.

Victor is incredibly presumptuous. What if Adam buys Tucker's debts himself and leaves Daddy Vic, Victoria, and NE out of the equation entirely? Duh.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

1) Jack's made his bed, let him lie in it until it blows up in his face.

2) I've got two takes on Audra: 1. She's an opportunist who's playing both sides while waiting for the final winner to be decided in the epic McCall vs Newman battle of the titans; 2. She's a mole who's playing both sides against each other as a way of causing both to be over-leveraged and, thereby, vulnerable to take over by a third party.

3. Could Diane have looked any happier during the knock-down-drag-out between Jack and Ashley?  I'm thinking that Summer will be next to go after Diane works her wiles on Jack and Kyle as pay-back for having had the nerve to set boundaries with her, and I'm thinking that Diane will also lay a trap for never-a-bad-word-for-anybodyTraci that will earn poor Traci the Wrath of Jack and banishment from the Abbott homestead.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I totally enjoy Tucker and how he figures out the ulterior motives of “friends” and foes.  Tucker is taking NE to task and will teach them an important lesson. Greed is not good.  Audra just confirmed what Tucker already knew and now Audra is trying to find out what Tucker will do to report back to the Newmans.  Tucker is playing possum and any info Audra will get I believe will be miss information. In business as in life, I learned a very important lesson.  Listen when someone is giving you information but also ponder why they are giving you that information.  

On that note, Diane basically has no friends but she gives me great pleasure when she makes Ashley, Nikki, and especially Copperhead 🤯.  Ashley is really Copperhead with blonde hair. 

Until Summer add a few inches to her hem line, I can’t take her seriously.  Summer, Kyle is really nothing like his mother but you, on the other hand, are Copperhead’s mini-me.  Now that Summer is pissed off at Kyle and wants to be alone, it’s a good time for the monkeys with a keyboard to bring back Tara. 

Hey Natey Nate Nate, if you were really in the loop, you would have known that Victor and Cruella were planning to tell Tucker themselves. 

Now thatJack and Diane are going to be sleeping in the same bed, I would be quiet about the love making in order to drive Ashley crazy. I get the feeling that Diane is a Jewish lover, strictly kosher, but every time you’re making love say yes yes yes yes bingo!!  

Did you see the look on Cruella’s face when Victor told her that he wanted Tucker’s company for Adam?  It was like Victor stuck a knife in her cold black heart.  Cruella, let me ask you that acquiring Tucker’s company wasn’t making you feel good about yourself. Another trophy for you to hold in your boney hands. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nicholas is a sentient fart in a mitten.

Nicholas is sentient?  Do you still have the receipt for that?

I wonder if Nate now understands Devon's POV when Nate was making off-the-cuff impulsive decisions instead of sticking to the agreed-upon plan?

Victor bought Xeroxxerxes and renamed it Newman Media for Adam to run, but Victoria convinced him to sell the company to her and put it under the Newman Umbrella.   Why does Victor believe that Adam would fall for this again?  

Every time I see Kyle and Summer at the office, I think of that movie Bugsy Malone.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

n

2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Diane will also lay a trap for never-a-bad-word-for-anybodyTraci that will earn poor Traci the Wrath of Jack and banishment from the Abbott homestead.

If she fucks with Traci--as much as I love Diane--she will be on Cookie's Shit List.

And  believe me, that's not a good place to be.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Why doesn’t Ashley buy her own home and leave Jack alone? If his romance implodes, it implodes.

I hope Tuckers bests the stupid Newman’s but my god, him and Audra are gross. Nate and Victoria pimping her out is also disgusting. Bag of bones Victoria and her jealousy of Adam never ends. 
I do have a fondness for EB but why doesn’t he retire? I know he believes in staying active but it doesn’t look like this is enjoyable for him anymore. 
Bouffant the weasel and daddy’s little idiot, Summer fighting about which mom is worse is pointless. They both have sucked as moms but Phyllis is worse so shut up Stupor Girl. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

My 4 year old grandson is going to love knowing this is possible.

17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What if Adam buys Tucker's debts himself

Or what if Adam says fuckitall and doesn't want to be in corporate business anymore, ever, and decides to take up law enforcement in the soon-to-have-one-less-supercop on the force GC police department?  Then he could gather up all the cold cases and nail Nick for murder and Jack for theft.  

17 hours ago, Js Nana said:

She's a mole who's playing both sides against each other as a way of causing both to be over-leveraged and, thereby, vulnerable to take over by a third party.

If this is the case she should hoof it over to Devon and give him all the dirt as a gift of atonement.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, PREVERTS!!!  💘

All of youse are the COOs of my heart.  But not in a creepy me-too kind of way.  More like a brotherly way.  But not pain-in-the-ass brotherly like Nick or Billy, more of a brother that you actually get along with...oh, you know what I mean.  I'll explain it on my podcast.  

"You must always be a-waggle with love." -- D.H. Lawrence

• Like 4
  • Hugs 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Summer's skirt yesterday was surprising because she usually dresses much more conservatively. I though it looked good on her, but was too short for the office as styled. A pair of black tights would have gone a long way. I thought she looked pretty in that steel blue/silver top. I was glad to see her in something outside the brown/beige family.

All the talk about sets reminded me of homes we never see anymore: Victoria's house, Lily and Billy's condo, even Nick's place, although it's been a minute since we had seen that anyway. Noah's club now appears to be on the shelf along with him and Ally. And the rooftop bar that had made a reappearance is gone again, too. 

I also try to play hotel room bingo, but I never get far. I've figured that gold vase that sits on top of the cabinet is is supposed to be in every room. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

NinjaPenuins, I'm torn between being absolutely amazed at your imagination and being utterly amazed at your spot on accurate description of Nick. I'm floored.

22 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Kyle was a devious, underhanded duck dick

Nailed it!

18 hours ago, Js Nana said:

2) I've got two takes on Audra: 1. She's an opportunist who's playing both sides while waiting for the final winner to be decided in the epic McCall vs Newman battle of the titans; 2. She's a mole who's playing both sides against each other as a way of causing both to be over-leveraged and, thereby, vulnerable to take over by a third party.

By third party do you suggest Adam or Diane's pal the money launderer or (I'm laughing as I type this one) Devon?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
23 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Whatever you're currently doing for a living; quit. THIS is your calling!!!

22 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I just want to know why we don't have a laugh til I pissed myself emoji.

Seriously!!!!

1 hour ago, tanyak said:

All the talk about sets reminded me of homes we never see anymore: Victoria's house, Lily and Billy's condo, even Nick's place, although it's been a minute since we had seen that anyway. Noah's club now appears to be on the shelf along with him and Ally. And the rooftop bar that had made a reappearance is gone again, too. 

Real question:

Is it really that expensive to have more than a few sets? Or are we seeing the effects of budget cuts? 

Speaking of budget cuts, are Noah and Allie even on the show anymore?

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Huh, Faith and Moses are still together up at college. Wonders never cease.

Sally's avoiding Nick already. Alrighty then. Come into the light, Sally! 😏

Nikki said she's helping plan the GC bicentennial celebration. Yeah, Show is overdue for a big social event. Guess this is where Diane and Jack will officially announce themselves as a couple.

Funny how the characters just now realized it's Valentine's even though in show time it's been the same day for several episodes.

FFS, Victor, you have long fomented competition between your children for most-favored status. You're the #1 reason they're still not able to trust each other as far as the Newman empire is concerned. FOH.

I think the person Sally should be asking Sharon about is Adam. But apparently Sally's looking ahead to a co-parenting relationship with Nick versus a romantic one.

Dang, the lowkey shade Sharon was throwing at Sally. "You're more Adam's messy speed but Nick always has compassion for the downtrodden. Bless your heart."

I hope Nick isn't going to regret telling Victoria about the WTD? situation. She's hardly an objective bystander given her animosity for Adam and Victor's disregard for Sally.

Victor gave Nikki a greeting card for Valentines Day. And yet another ostentatious necklace. Yawn.

Likewise, Sally spilling the beans to Sharon about her baby on board might mean half the town will know soon because Sharon is a huge gossip. Question is, will the whisperings eventually reach Adam?

• Like 12
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why doesn’t Ashley buy her own home and leave Jack alone? If his romance implodes, it implodes.

Ashley loves Jack.  Seriously loves him.  And NOBODY BUT ASHLEY is gonna burn down his life but Ashley, not ever.

Ashley is only ever concerned about Jackie's life when she's not actively subverting or sabotaging it herself.  Or, helping Victor do it.

I like Ashley, but sometimes, I wish she had a hankering for some peanut butter pancakes.  (Mrs. Martinez, call Pine Valley information, they have the recipe.)

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I think SC becomes a worse actress every time I see her. Halting, monotone, no expression.

I don’t remember her being this annoying. Why they are writing her as the coffee house life coach is beyond me. She kind of sucks at it.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TVForever said:

Real question:

Is it really that expensive to have more than a few sets? Or are we seeing the effects of budget cuts? 

Speaking of budget cuts, are Noah and Allie even on the show anymore?

I'd love to know, too. I understand the sound stage is only so big, so having to tear down a set to build another one is probably is a lot of time (and time almost always equals money). I do think it's funny how the Chancellor living room with its grand staircase basically turned into some side sunroom when Abby and Chance were breaking up. The first time I saw it, I wasn't sure where they were supposed to be. 

I read on one of the threads here that the actors who play Noah and Allie are now on recurring status. I guess it happened around the time Audra dropped the bomb about having been pregnant because that story line went nowhere. But I guess Noah and Allie are still supposed to be around GC. I haven't heard otherwise. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 3

I like Ashley, but sometimes, I wish she had a hankering for some peanut butter pancakes.  (Mrs. Martinez, call Pine Valley information, they have the recipe.)

Is Ashley also allergic to peanut butter? Summer is the one who got a peanut butter kiss when she was a child and almost died. Phyllis had to take her to a clinic in Switzerland so Summer could regain her ability to walk, talk, and otherwise function. (It's debatable whether Phyllis got her money's worth for the treatment since Summer is still somewhat dim. 😏)

• Like 2
  • LOL 16

So I watched the "epic"Niki/Victor flashbacks and this is a serious question:  Is the Niki in the first flashback the same as the one that s the person playing her today?  If so, I can't believe what cosmetic products can do to your face. 

Bless her heart.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 13

(small voice) I hope the writers will finally let Jack be happy with a woman he loves who loves him back.  I've been waiting years for the handsome and elegant Peter Bergman to have a good love story.  If all these other men on the show (
Billy and Nick, I'm looking at you) are never without a love interest, can't Jack have someone?  Susan Walters is lovely and they make such a pretty couple.

I doubt very seriously that the PTB will let this happen, but I decided to put it out into the universe anyway.

Happy V-Day, Preverts!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

So I watched the "epic"Viki/Victor flashbacks and this is a serious question:  Is the Viki in the first flashback the same as the one that s the person playing her today?  If so, I can't believe what cosmetic products can do to your face. 

LOL yes, it is the same actress. Oh wait, you do mean Nikki right? You said Viki.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Since when has Victor wanted his children to get along? Over the many years he has done nothing but play them off of one another. He relished having them “be at odds with each other, all the time”. Him now saying he wants the family to get along is either BS or senility talking.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Happy Valentines Day!  Or as some people call it, the war if there are no “roses”.  Right now, with Kyle and Summer,  “roses” aren’t even close to be the solution. 

Leave it to the monkeys with a keyboard to have a Moses/Faith mention on Valentines Day. 

I have not seen Daniel as a young man before or Lily as a young woman, but they had a lot of chemistry back then. Now, not so much. Lily still is very pretty and vibrant but, over the past few years, the monkeys with a keyboard chose to team Lily up with Cane and Nostrils who are both big time losers.  

Nikki’s alcohol abuse has caused her to loose quite a few brain cells. This is even more evident today when Nikki said that Cruella is not threatened by Adam. WTF?  That’s actually the cause of her animosity from the day Adam arrived.  Now Nikki wants Adam to kiss Cruella’s ass.  Yes Nikki, Cruella and even Banana Breath are your children and they can do no wrong.  Yes Nikki, take credit for doing pretty good with “our” kids.  I guess growing up with wealth and privilege would generally have most kids doing “pretty good”.  

Sharon Sharon Sharon, truer words were never spoken when she told Sally that Banana Breath can be kind of impulsive when it comes to romance. How long did Banana Breath/Chelsea or Banana Breath/Copperhead last?  

Sally should have given Sharon 5 Cents, as her Psychiatric Help, to make sure Sharon can’t tell anyone about Sally’s pregnancy.  Could the same be said about Cruella?  Most likely, but if it can be used to her advantage, I’m not so sure. 

• Like 8
  • Love 6