Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So Chels...I really don't want her on this show anymore. And she's caused so much damage to so many folks, but hey! She still looks down upon therapy. This chick needs to be hospitalized, and honestly, that's not entertainment I wish to watch anymore.  Move it along and get rid of this character once and for all. Sending her away for a very long time is fine with me, she's toxic AF. And don't get me started on how she's all about what's best for Johnny when it's always all about her. We have enough to deal with having SyPhyllis and the hosebeast that is MS, we don't need Manjaw and her Cloud of Perpetual Doom too. It's too much Show, TOO.MUCH.

Speaking of child actors, what the fuck is up with lil' Harrison? That kid looks like he's drugged five ways to Sunday every.single.scene.he.is.in. He's looking at the kiddie wrangler with glazed eyes, the dopey 'parents' - Dummer and Kyle - have to speak his lines for him in every scene he's in. Does this child actor actually, yanno, speak? OMG, the hotel room scenes with Dummer and Kyle talking rapid fire over the kid and both asking him questions and then answering the same questions without taking a damn breath. What the everloving fuck is going on here? Get a kid who can actually say lines!

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Speaking of child actors, what the fuck is up with lil' Harrison? That kid looks like he's drugged five ways to Sunday every.single.scene.he.is.in. He's looking at the kiddie wrangler with glazed eyes, the dopey 'parents' - Dummer and Kyle - have to speak his lines for him in every scene he's in. Does this child actor actually, yanno, speak? OMG, the hotel room scenes with Dummer and Kyle talking rapid fire over the kid and both asking him questions and then answering the same questions without taking a damn breath. What the everloving fuck is going on here? Get a kid who can actually say lines!

I don’t think the kid wants to be there anymore. He’s so over those two. Maybe he wants to hang out with Jack and Diane.  Or maybe all he can think about is why his hair is so long. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
9 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I don’t think the kid wants to be there anymore. He’s so over those two. Maybe he wants to hang out with Jack and Diane.  Or maybe all he can think about is why his hair is so long. 

Meanwhile the other kid is stuck in holloween make -up for days. Connor ? He grows up to be the next Brad Pitt and this comes back to haunt him🙄

Isn't Dom old enough to put a cute little costume on and go to the party ?

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

I don’t think the kid wants to be there anymore. He’s so over those two. Maybe he wants to hang out with Jack and Diane.  

That kid was over Diane, too. He'd always look at her like she was a freak.

1 hour ago, xls said:

Isn't Dom old enough to put a cute little costume on and go to the party ?

I think the cheese log that played Doom got moldy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

I may be in the minority but I’ll take Chelsea’s depression over the hags constantly gunning for Diane. The bare shouldered hag is the worst but piss face sucks too. Piss face constantly looks like someone farted around her while the shouldered hag looks like she escaped from a mental institution with the constant scary grimacing while she still insults Sally. All because Sally got her dumb as rocks dotter a good job. I can’t wait for Grimace to find out that Nick the Dick went there.

Hmm if Billy can help Chelsea without developing another go around in the boudoir with her, I would be there for that. Lily is not going to like it but oh well, her and Devon can go sulk together in the smallest ugliest club they are forcing on us poor viewers.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

Chatty Cake - your post was so good that I wanted to “like” it, “heart” it, “applaud” and “fire” it all at the same time. It describes everyone perfectly. And the name of the club was so on point!

Edited by Kemper
Spelling error
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Chatty Cake - your post was so good that I wanted to “like” it, “heart” it, “applaud” and “fire” it all at the same time. It describes everyone perfectly. And the name of the club was so on point!

You’re too kind.

I wanted to add that I am really enjoying the actor that plays Johnny. He makes his parents more tolerable and I enjoyed him and Connor together. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

You’re too kind.

I wanted to add that I am really enjoying the actor that plays Johnny. He makes his parents more tolerable and I enjoyed him and Connor together. 

I agree.  He seems to have their number and holds them in good natured awareness of how nonsensical they both can be.  

• Like 4
  • Love 7

I don't see how another character like Diane or Chelsea has 'ruined all our lives' when; you're not homeless, starving, in jail, you can walk & talk, you have friends, family and a job... Ffs quit your bit itching, forget she even exsists  and enjoy everything you have!🙄

eejits

• Like 1
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Quite cavalier of Nate to not want to put a target on Victoria's back after the ones  he tried to land on everyone at C-W. Do all the senior execs at Newman trifle with sexual harassment suits? First, Nick with Sally, now we get Victoria meeting after working hours with Nate, both swirling the obvious booze around in cocktail glasses? I've never discussed any job at any time, in a setting like that. And she is going to "teach" Nate. Nate rambles through his personal problems with his cousins and Elena .....like what are the job requirements and the salary?  I don't get Lily's new reflex to cuttingly criticize Billy for the rare times he does demonstrate he is thinking of someone other than himself. This dynamic of Lily's gives Chelsea the default position of replacing the chunks of self esteem Billy is getting eroded. MCE definitely got her Daytime Emmy submission reel done in these last couple of episodes, IMO. MWT's finally landed on a storyline that works for her. I just hope they handle this storyline responsibly in the respect that anyone who just ACTIVELY attempted suicide as she did, should be immediately hospitalized. She does need 24 hours observation in a safe environment. This isn't a DIY for Chelsea, Adam, Billy, or anyone.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Okay, Show. You did a decent job with some heavy material today. I'll even admit I freaked out a little when I thought that Chelsea jumped. But be careful, Show; if you're going to take on something this heavy, you'd better do it justice. Because, unlike another "Who's the Daddy" storyline, depression and suicide hit way too close to home for so many people, in real and painful ways.

"Tread carefully" is all I'm saying.

• Like 4
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't get Lily's new reflex to cuttingly criticize Billy for the rare times he does demonstrate he is thinking of someone other than himself.

Yep, I don't get it either and am wondering if this is leading to Lily and Billy breaking up. Haven't watched today's show yet but in passing I caught a moment between Adam and Lily at the the club and the words "chem test" immediately came to mind. How bizarre would that be, for Lily to be dating Adam? Billy would lose his mind. 🤯

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I wonder when someone is going to ask "Well, who put the idea of Chelsea being on the rooftop in her mind?" and they turn it back on Billy,  Billy was blaming Adam for C's mood, when, lo and behold, she's out on the roof that Billly himself brought her to.  Adam needs to bring this up subtly and then punch his giant ass nose!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Looks like Chelz decided to put on some makeup before she took the express route down to the street. So thoughtful of her to want to make the coroner's work a little less unpleasant.

"I hate to see that kind of rift within a family." What, like your and Adam's spat, Vikki? You seem to be okay with that one.

Oh, Nate, you naif. Newmans are born with targets on their backs, no thanks to Victor and the decades of enemies he's made. So you don't have to be concerned for Victoria's safety. Worry about your own because at the end of the day, the Newman crime family is protecting nobody but themselves.

"How did I get here?" Lol, Chelsea is definitely a fan of the Talking Heads. This is the second time I can recall her referencing that song:

On 4/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Chelsea: I bet you're so in your head right now, Adam, wondering "How did I get here?"

Adam: 🎶This is not my beautiful life! This is not my beautiful house!🎶
Talking Heads: yeah no, we're not giving this crapfest the rights to mess with our lyrics.
Joi: same as it ever was.😉

Hmm, as long as she's offering I think Nate could do worse than be mentored as a CEO by Victoria. She's good at being the younger, female version of TGVN.

Adam called the Abbotts cheap. Where did that come from? (Maybe he knows how they treated Theo after Dina died. It wasn't exactly one of their shining moments of generosity. 😐)

Billy, you're annoying and your voice would send anyone over the edge. How about you hit the emergency call button on your phone instead trying to be GC's version of Bruce Wayne?

Whoo chile, is it possible Victoria wants to get herself some Nate? She was working him hard today. And after Ashland she might think it's easier to have her lovers on site.

You had ONE job, Chelsea! Grab Billy's hand and take him over with you! Sheesh. You runed it. 😏

Somehow I doubt Lily and Adam are going to be here for Billy appointing himself Chelsea's personal support system. Here comes the fun.

Good luck, Nate. You'll need it, especially when your cousins find out you've joined the enemy.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

Chelsea's scenes were tough to watch, I hope they proceed with caution like others have said. 

Did anyone watch Lauren on B&B today? 

Yes, I did watch Lauren on B&B today. Her hair looked awful and her acting was even worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I appreciate what the show was trying to do with Chelsea, but it could have easily been done with a character who hadn’t been drugged and raped by her. I mean, have someone unexpected talk her off the ledge. Devon, Kevin, Harrison, that fucking Bentley… but not Billy. 

Did Victoria blow more smoke up Nate’s ass or did Nate blow more up Vic’s ass? Truly one of the great riddles of our time. You could have fertilized a football field with the piles they were shoveling today.

Well, hopefully the psa at the end helps somebody. Depression is no joke.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I appreciate what the show was trying to do with Chelsea, but it could have easily been done with a character who hadn’t been drugged and raped by her. I mean, have someone unexpected talk her off the ledge. Devon, Kevin, Harrison, that fucking Bentley… but not Billy. 

Did Victoria blow more smoke up Nate’s ass or did Nate blow more up Vic’s ass? Truly one of the great riddles of our time. You could have fertilized a football field with the piles they were shoveling today.

Well, hopefully the psa at the end helps somebody. Depression is no joke.

I don’t mind too much that it’s Billy helping her. At least he’s good for something. 
As far as blowing smoke up the others ass, it seemed like Nate and Victoria took turns. I wonder if they are going to become a couple. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Agree that MCE did a great job today and on a shallow note I think she looks so much prettier with the minimal makeup.

The Nate/Victoria scene where she’s assuring him no one will figure out it was her who he was scheming with because she’s hiring him? So Devon and Lily will think that Vic, just out of the blue, offers Nate Newman Media? The stupid, it blinds.

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I’m sick and tired of Nostrils blaming everything on Adam. It’s pure deflection because he cannot hold himself responsible for anything to do with DeDe death.  Not only that but he cannot hold himself responsible for showing Chelsea the roof top in the first place.  

How dumb is Lily?  First to be associated with Nostrils than to listen to him opine about Olive and then Chelsea.  That’s two bitch slaps to Lily’s face. 

Olive has an answer for every situation black, white, and gray. Olive beats her sunken chest and shouts, I AM NEWMAN, HEAR ME ROAR.  

Chelsea is doing a decent job of acting but it’s mainly do to her breathless style of delivering her lines.  Nostrils I got news for you, believing that one conversation, with Adam, can make you suicidal but one interaction with you or Rodan absolutely can. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Did anyone watch Lauren on B&B today? 

I don't even want to watch her on Y&R.

Some of you already have pointed this out, but I think Chelsea's an odd choice for this PSA type story.  For all the (oh, so accurate) criticism of someone like Sharon for being a clueless airhead, it would take very little for me to agree that Sharon is a compassionate person ultimately on the side of good.  

Chelsea, I'm still not nearly as sure.  I guess maybe THAT's what they were going for...someone ostensibly unlikeable who has all these issues hidden underneath?  At the very least, MCE has done surprisingly well at shifting her demeanor over the last few days to accurately play the tough episodes.  And the description of what this is like for someone is scarily accurate.  So, credit to that.

Victoria worked.Nate.OVER.  Successfully.  No, all the bad things you did don't matter, *I* know you're a good person, and then I'll list all those wonderful qualities about you that show your family was in the wrong anyway!

The next time the "loyal" Newmans don't screw someone over to save themselves will be the first, so good luck with that.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

You had ONE job, Chelsea! Grab Billy's hand and take him over with you! Sheesh. You runed it. 😏

Joimiaroxeu, that line, that sentiment, expressed so succinctly, so perfectly, just cements the regard in which I hold you.

You done killed me ####DEAD#### and I'm loving it!

If only they'd soared on the wings of doves, to the tune of 

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky.......

An itty bitty tear let me down......

3 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I don't even want to watch her on Y&R. 

And another PERFECT line!  JNavarro and the board is on fire today!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t mind too much that it’s Billy helping her. At least he’s good for something. 
As far as blowing smoke up the others ass, it seemed like Nate and Victoria took turns. I wonder if they are going to become a couple. 

giphy.gif

I guess all it takes to become part of Newman's executive team is to admit you inhale.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I guess we are supposed to applaud Billy now. In my opinion, his saving Chelsea was just as much sticking it to Adam.   I think he enjoys saving her while trying to say Adam drove her to want to kill herself. And then shooing away Adam when he wanted to help. That pissed me off.

Having sympathy for Chelsea doesn't preclude me from still disliking her. She did a lot of bad things very willingly and I'm not to let this storyline turn her into a beloved character.  I do hope she gets the help she needs and recovers.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 10/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, Runningwild said:

That was a really hard episode to watch. I have been down like that. And I’ve had people on a message board tell ne I should just kill myself. Even though she is a fictional character, I would still never advocate suicide. 

I couldn't agree more and I think people should try to remember that this is a sensitive subject and a lot of people are going through this right now and we don't know who they are, it never hurts to be considerate of situations involving people unaliving themselves. Trigger warnings exist for a reason.

Similarly I think Harrison is a cute kid and he and the actors who play Johnny and Connor are doing their best. I feel it's below the belt as an adult to be mocking children. The adults on the show I get but kids are kids. Some of them don't even get a choice to be in the industry just ask Britney.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

I couldn't agree more and I think people should try to remember that this is a sensitive subject and a lot of people are going through this right now and we don't know who they are, it never hurts to be considerate of situations involving people unaliving themselves. Trigger warnings exist for a reason.

Well said!  We simply don’t know who among us may be fighting this battle in some way either personally, with a family member or a friend.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Why is Chance being so weird lately? It started with Abby being a little clingy, but now I'm starting to wonder-- where is Show going with this?

Almost forgot- I'm proud of Billy for (literally) talking Chelsea down from the ledge, but now that the immediate crisis has passed, it's time to call in the professionals (not Sharon!). This isn't a "cup of tea and a chat" moment.

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4

Omg watching todays show right now. The entire time I’m yelling in my head at Billy to get help, not ONCE did the name Sharon occur to me! I’m afraid to see where this goes now and honestly I thought they had done a very good job of it until that phone call.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I certainly don't think that Show wants to infer that a Barista and a Buttbiscuit can cure suicidal tendencies.  I hope that what Sharon said about bringing Chelsea to a professional facility is what will happen for Chelsea -- whether or not "Rey" approves!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Abby querying Chance as to why he isn't at home? Neither was she, when she was strolling into Crimson Lights. I don't know why Chance failed to point out she is a superficial brat, and that her father is a perpetual douche. Same with the conversation Devon tried to have with Victoria and Nate. The Newman's, all about the family business, proud to hire someone who betrayed the business of his family. Adam missed a major clue to help the mother of his child, when she clearly told him she needed to get out of Genoa City, and I have a suspicion that her character is going to get the Amanda "out-of-town"  treatment soon, some of the scenes she did prior to the rooftop gave me the impression of art imitating life, they came across as MCE's goodbye to co-workers, or else they were crafted that way to foreshadow her suicide attempt. I know the subject matter is dark, but costuming both Billy and Chelsea both in black like ninjas is a bit over the top. Chelsea is still actively suicidal, Sharon has no business being there in either a personal or professional capacity. Her history with Chelsea makes that a huge no, on every level.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Meh, why is it up to Billy to be managing Chelsea right now? He should've called 9-1-1 immediately because Chelsea needs to be hospitalized not coddled.

Parking. Nate has just ended whatever was left to be resuscitated in his relationship with Lily and Devon but he's worried about parking at Newman Towers? Boy, bye.

And wow, Victoria and Nate have zero shame. Celebrating out in the open where either of Nate's cousins could easily walk in and see them. And of course one did.

It's a bad sign when a wife is driving around town lowkey looking for her husband. Naggy Abby immediately put Chance on the defensive when she might want to check her own behavior. She's been treating him in a controlling way for months.

Wait, what "debacle" did Adam pull at ChanceComm? Whatever, Lily is certainly holding tight to that grudge.

Meanwhile, Adam was checking out Lily's rear view as she stomped out of the club away from him. Show, if you wanna go there, I don't hate it. 😏

Billy, you're not a therapist. You could very well be doing Chelsea more harm than good with your weak sarcasm and empty platitudes. Get her professional help you moron, instead of using her to fight another battle of wills with Adam.

Dang, Chance was dead-eying Abby like, "Woman, you don't even know how much I have to unload on you." Abby may need to don some flame-resistant clothing.

Victoria vs Devon: BRING IT! Vikki has to protect her ego and her public image as Victor's heir apparent but Devon has zero fcuks to give. Nate really isn't worth the trouble though, is he?

Does Devon know Victoria was engaged to Neil back in the day? Victoria is a lot older than she looks, lol, and she seems to have forgotten how close she and Neil were at one time.

That cinnamon roll Sharon gave Chance looked like it had fossilized. Guess by the end of the day the coffeehouse's bakery items aren't so fresh anymore, tee hee.

Devon was getting ready to text Amanda. Maybe he's considering legal action against Nate? There's probably not a non-compete clause in place though, assuming Nate even had an actual employment contract at C-W.

Ehhh, I don't know about Billy comparing this situation with Chelsea to his last moments with Delia. What happened to Delia was a tragic accident. What's happening with Chelsea, while rather sad, isn't. But apparently he feels some degree of guilt about both. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

I’m beginning to see why NotBilly and Lily are together. Who the (bleep) made NotBilly the gatekeeper of Chelsea information? If the roles were reversed and Adam was keeping this type of info about Vicboria from him, NotBilly would shoot Adam. Again. As for Lily, she’s bringing up… ChanceComm? Now?!?! Is she insane? Something really serious just occurred and these two idiots are letting personal enmity get in the way of doing the right thing. And there has to be at least one other mental health professional in this city besides Sharon. Keep in mind, I thought Sharon did a very good job with Chelsea. However, lying to Adam is not going to go over well when he finds out.

I reaaaaaalllllllyyyy don’t like Devon. At all. He walks around GC acting like he should be in the PopeMobile. But I also don’t like Nate, so I’m left rooting for a loose ceiling fan with oddly sharpened blades.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I cannot wait for Victoria and Nate and Newman Enterprises to fall down into a big black hole. I cannot stand that woman nor that man nor her parents nor her brother. And Abby? You’re married to the most luscious hunk ever in GC. You’re really screwing yourself with your spoiled, entitled behavior. I cannot wait until I see who he hooks up with next-hopefully someone NEW in GC.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Once again the monkeys with a keyboard write only for drama and not realism. Nostrils is not capable of dealing with Chelsea although he thinks he is. Nostrils should be calling the hospital or at least the suicide hot line to get Chelsea help. Chelsea should be placed on 72 hour suicide watch.  But Nostrils calls Sharon for help but couldn’t he get advice over the phone?  Chelsea is not very fond of Sharon and being in the same room could aggravate the situation.  It actually didn’t because Sharon was just smart enough to play the Rey card. 

Did Natey Nate Nate and Cruella actually have to meet at Society to discuss Natey Nate Nate’s contract?  This is part of Cruella’s persona not to give a shit about anything because she is NEWMAN and just has to remind everyone she is NEWMAN. 

I get suck a kick out of the line it’s just business it’s not personal. To a Newman it’s always business and never personal but when Ashland tried to take over NE, it was not business, I was personal.  

I really like Sharons coat. But was it a coat or a costume where she was Joseph in his amazing technicolor dream coat?  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

But I also don’t like Nate, so I’m left rooting for a loose ceiling fan with oddly sharpened blades.

I totally get that.  In the latter days of One Life to Live, my favorite character was the Chandelier of Death.

Good lighting is sooo important.

Edited by boes
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Sharon would be the very LAST person I’d call if I was trying to prevent someone from committing suicide. Or had any other kind of mental problem. Her hair would be so distracting that no one could listen to anything she was saying. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

I’m still enjoying the Chelsea storyline despite Billy being too dumb to call 911. I think they could have filled the hour with Billy having made the call to 911 and talking to Chelsea while they waited for help to arrive. Plus we had the Nate and Victoria crap to eat up time. And what a load of crap that was.
I don’t think Chance got over Victors involvement in his Ashland investigation and doesn’t appreciate his wife encouraging him to follow what daddy says.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

While Abby was nagging Chance about how he should have gone home as soon as he was done with his stakeout, she apparently didn’t realize that she had gone to work and had then had gone to the coffee house, just like Chance. What a hypocrite. Guess she left Dom to spend Halloween with the Nanny. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

ButtBiscuit is a gaping air hole and Sharon isn't much better.  Chelsea tried to kill herself.  That legally calls for an involuntary 72 hour hold, maybe longer, so professionals can evaluate and provide care.  It's not a chance for ButtBiscuit to find a new hobby or Sharon to practice what she learned at psychology Clown College.  And they think Adam is the problem?

ButtBiscuit, shut it with Delia.  She's not your "fits every scene" excuse to make it all about you.

Is it possible for Victoria to become even more repellent?  Or Nate more of a dunderhead?  If those two end up as a couple it'll be like one of those nature videos of two insects mating.  Looks like Devon will soon be comforted by his baby's mother and then he find out what it's like living with two toddlers.

Run, Chance, while you can.  There's a woman named Lola in Miami you should meet, an actual grown up.  You'll find precious few of them in Genoa City.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

4 weeks vacation? Um, how about at least 6 for someone in Nate's position. They forgot to put in that he gets a key to the washroom too.

So they are doing a PSA about suicide but neglect to have the characters do the smart thing and call Suicide Hotline. Doh!

You guys are on fire today. So many great comments!

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

I had to laugh at the ‘4 weeks vacation.’ I got 6 weeks at my last job and I wasn’t even an exec, never mind a CEO! Doesn’t Sr Manzgement get unlimited time off as long as they don’t abuse it? I’m quite sure Victoria, Nikki and Nick pay no mind to pesky firm policies. 

and Victoria, me thinks thou doth protest too much. Every time she tried to justify her actions, she only dug the hole deeper. It’s a shame No one thought to include a non compete in Nate’s CW contract, but I truly hope his leadership thoroughly tanks Newman Media in the first week. Then Victoria will have to pull from her ‘long list of qualified candidates’ to lead the company.  🙄

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

4 weeks vacation? Um, how about at least 6 for someone in Nate's position. They forgot to put in that he gets a key to the washroom too.

Oh yeah, there must be plenty of perks Nate forgot to mention such as: unlimited use of the office copier; casual Fridays AND Thursdays; access to the shared NE Netflix account; and, a standing weekly appointment for a free mani-pedi at his desk. Ugh, Nate is such a waste of air and space. I really wish they'd recast Olivia and bring her back to GC. IMO Nate needs handling by someone with more family authority than Devon or Lily.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I should say, I'm really proud of Nikki for saying what she said to Nick about Sally. For the first time in a long time she was considering Adam's feelings which Nick clearly didn't. She's the only one to have held him accountable for that outright although I did appreciate Victoria more recently bringing it up.

And I loved what she had to say about them dating the same women and his real reasoning for being with Sally. Spot on Nikki and good parenting because it absolutely is her business since they work at the same family business and Nick's actions are clearly causing a rift in the Newman family. Victor will hopefully not be pleased to hear what Nick has done to his brother.

• Like 4
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Victor will hopefully not be pleased to hear what Nick has done to his brother.

I agree with everything you said about Nikki and liked that she took Nick to task.  I just fear that Victor will blame Sally for causing sibling friction, despite the fact that Adam and Nick have shared three other women.  And despite the fact that while Nick characterizes he and Sally’s situation as a mutual thing that just happened, the day that Sally and he first slept together was quite the emotional roller coaster for Sally.  She had an intense conversation with Adam, missed a key meeting at work and was afraid of being fired when Nick walked into her office. She really wasn’t in the best frame of mind. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Parking. Nate has just ended whatever was left to be resuscitated in his relationship with Lily and Devon but he's worried about parking at Newman Towers? Boy, bye.

Yeah, and then Victoria points out that he lives a couple of blocks from Newman!  Mister yoga and health guru can't walk to work?  He has to fcuk up the environment with his gas guzzler, that he probably starts from inside so that the seats are warm when he gets in?  And he has to be close so he can hop right in the elevator?  But...he only likes to drive sometimes so that space will remain empty so the rest of the small folk who work at NE have to walk in from the plebe parking lot.  You must be sweaty from all that exertion so a Golden Shower for you, Natey.

I have just signed up for Paramount+ so I get to watch the show again. (I haven't since Dede died.)  I've seen the last two weeks now and here's my thoughts:

• The three Witches of Beastwick all need a lesson on Make-Up for the Mature Woman.  I stopped eye makeup around 65 when I noticed one eye was always bigger than the other.  Nikki and Phyl both have that baggy upper eye-fold and makeup accentuates it (and dries out the skin for yet more wrinkles).  Also, (everybody) get thee to a hair reconstructionist (I'm sure they exist) and lose the mismatched extensions and bad color choices.  Nikki, stop letting them show your ears, they are distracting.  Also, what is with these busybodies wanting to dictate who can stay in their town?  I get keeping Sally and Diane out of say, the Country Club or the bottle service area at Noah's club, but what the hell for the rest of the damn village?  Your kids, Jack and anyone else you want to use as an excuse, don't need your help or protection.  They are grownass adults.  You are busybodies.
  • Never saw Sally in anything before so my take is the red hair is in a huge domination battle with the lipstick.  Is she supposed to look that harsh?
  • Billy not calling 911 when they are on the roof to report a suicide jumper I can understand.  If he stepped away to do that the second part of the phone call would have been "oh, never mind."  But....he could've and should've called 911 in the room, instead of Sharon.  Or at the very least Sharon should have alerted the authorities before she hurried over.  [side note:  She didn't even tell her staff she was leaving-was that server in the background psychic?]  It's not like those agencies are 9-5.  911 dispatch would have know who to contact and it wouldn't have been Sharon, I guarantee.  

I've stayed on the board since the Dede incident and thoroughly enjoyed the snark here.  No one does it better.  Now that I can attach visuals it's only going to get better.  Carry on, Preverts!

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, slayer2 said:

I should say, I'm really proud of Nikki for saying what she said to Nick about Sally. For the first time in a long time she was considering Adam's feelings which Nick clearly didn't. She's the only one to have held him accountable for that outright although I did appreciate Victoria more recently bringing it up.

And I loved what she had to say about them dating the same women and his real reasoning for being with Sally. Spot on Nikki and good parenting because it absolutely is her business since they work at the same family business and Nick's actions are clearly causing a rift in the Newman family. Victor will hopefully not be pleased to hear what Nick has done to his brother.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure I fully agree.  Nikki's smart to notice what's going in, but interfering in who Nick's "dating" that's a bit too much for me.  Granted, he's a self-centered bonehead, but a bonehead who's within spitting distance of 50, which IMO is way too old for advice from Mommy, especially unsolicited advice.    Besides, she's not intervening on Adam's behalf - she loathes him almost as much as Victoria does.  She's doing it to protect her husband from being upset and from Victoria and Nick not disagreeing.  That's not about business, that's all personal.

Newmans, one and all, wouldn't know a boundary if it bit them in their ample behinds.  If only....

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11