Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

Is anyone getting the show today? Or B&B?

I got the first half hour. I hope cbs.com has the entire show on Demand as it was a good show.

Nate actually confessed to working with another company on insider trading. Lily looked absolutely sick. Devon and Lily and Billy started putting pieces together. The show was cut off just as Devon asked if he was working with Tucker. Bummer. It was really a good show.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I got the first half hour. I hope cbs.com has the entire show on Demand as it was a good show.

Nate actually confessed to working with another company on insider trading. Lily looked absolutely sick. Devon and Lily and Billy started putting pieces together. The show was cut off just as Devon asked if he was working with Tucker. Bummer. It was really a good show.

I’ll see if paramount+ has it tonight

• Love 2

Was able to watch today's preempted US episode on CBS.com.

Hmm, Audra kinda looked to me like she knew what Nate was going to confess. 🤔

I don't remember Adam and Tucker being so chummy.

Wow, Nate does love Elena enough to do the right thing wrt his insider trading scheme. This is my stunned face.

Nick's already a bad influence on Sally. That outfit she had on today was atrocious. She looked to me like one of the girls in the NE steno pool--circa the 1970s--versus an up and coming CEO in the media world.

Loved Billy's "this mutha-effah" expression after Nate ratted himself out. Like he hasn't pulled similar moves against the Abbotts and Jabot for equally pathetic reasons.

Chloe has certainly embraced the leather look lately. And today I think she also needed to embrace a padded bra because her nips were on high alert, lol.

Audra rolling her eyes at Nate like she isn't Tucker's spy on the IPO team. Heh.

Shut up, Chloe. Nick IS somebody's rebound and he knows it. That's the point: he's trying to screw Adam out of Sally's system. You and your whacky interpretation of Sally's dating options is not helping.

Ehhh, Devon, your prodigal daddy would not be the only business mogul with the resources to attempt a takeover of C-W. You may want to remove your blinders and consider other possibilities.

So is the dreaded IPO kaput now? <fingers crossed> Wonder if Nate has enough knowledge of the inner workings of C-W to be a problem if he gets hired by one their competitors?

Elena sure does take a long time to leave. Breaking up is a multi-stage process for her, apparently. 😐

Wait, what? Adam is back in the Sally game, baby! Yay! Snooze, lose, Nick.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I’m a couple of episodes behind but I felt compelled to come here to say I REALLY like the the actor who plays Tucker.  Never saw him before.  I don’t even care that he’s too young for the role.  Good actor!  He’s a keeper. 

That said, I cannot stand anything about Audra.  

Edited by tinderbox
  • Like 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tinderbox said:

I’m a couple of episodes behind but I felt compelled to come here to say I REALLY like the the actor who plays Tucker.

Yes, he’s a really good actor.  He had the Herculean task of replacing the fan favorite actor who played Todd on One Life to Live. That actor, Roger Hovarth(sp) was so popular that the show, who originally cast Roger to playa frat boy rapist, had to slowly work to redeem the character because of his surprising popularity with fans.  Which they actually managed to pull off (a la the Luke character played by Tony Geary from GH).  (No comment about another redeeming-a-rapist soap storyline in general.)

Years later when I read that Todd was being recast, I was not optimistic   But Trever St John nailed it.  He was able to slightly reinvent the character, yet keep the same magical chemistry Todd had with his ex-wife, his daughter and his sister.   

Pls show don’t screw this up. 

anyhoo, love Sally.   Was finally okay with the damned show’s insistence on pairing her with Nick, even though she and Nick only have friend-level chem.  So happy to see Adam pining over Sally today, in a montage no less.   Reminded me that Adam and Sally really are FIRE!

Pls show don’t screw this up again.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I wish I liked Elena but Brytni Sarpy always seems bored to death which in turn makes me bored with her. 

I think her lack of OVER-emoting is what I appreciate most about her. Elena feels more 3 dimensional than most characters. What you see as boredom, I see as an exhausted healthcare professional (but maybe I’m putting my personal spin on it!)

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Damn I hope Ashley is smarter than Jack and doesn’t cave in to Tucker as quickly as Jack did to Diane. She has been the smartest Abbott historically so I do have some hope. 

This Nate actor just CANNOT play romance. He never makes physical contact! It makes it very difficult to care about that couple.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

I think her lack of OVER-emoting is what I appreciate most about her. Elena feels more 3 dimensional than most characters. What you see as boredom, I see as an exhausted healthcare professional (but maybe I’m putting my personal spin on it!)

Yeah, completely subjective here, but this is my take on it too.  I like that she acts and seems like a normal person, which makes it seems more interesting than if she were yelling or, you now, flapping like certain other people possibly might.  

I'm kind of glad they swerved me on Nate fessing up.  Haven't been particularly impressed up till now with his acting, but Sean Dominic did a lot better today.  Trying to stare down Devon for old time's sake, but transitioning into the "aww, fucked up" face was a nice touch.   

Hearing Dick Newman described as a mature adult was something else.  He was just about pocket pooling it over the thought of skinny dipping.....the man has two children who are thirtyish.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

TPTB really need to stop dragging my Ally-loving heart around.

To waste the potential this couple has, I mean, with one look, it was like "Nick, who?"

Sally-Adam-YR-HW.jpg?resize=1024,598

Adam is clearly still very much in love with Sally and she is with him. But I fear she will not want to risk her heart again and will continue the nonsense with Nick, who just wants to get laid and that it's with someone who was with his biggest rival, Adam, so much the better. Nevermind that they have anti-chemistry while the chemistry between CH and MG just radiates off the screen (and perhaps that's partially due to their possible RL relationship).

Those flashbacks...a clear reminder of why #Ally works and #Sick will never, ever compete.

JM has tons of chemistry with SC and I've long thought that Nick and Sharon are the heir apparent to Victor and Nikki, so her recent widowhood be damned, and reunite them already. 

• Like 2
  • Love 14

Anytime Billy dares to give anyone’s business ethics the side eye, someone needs to sidle up to him, whisper “Jaboat” into his ear and gently pull his thong up over his shiny black coiffure.

I like Elena. She seems normal and grounded, though I can see why some find her boring. I enjoy the new Tucker as well, as I did the previous one. I guess I was just never overly attached to the character, and it’s been a while, so I can roll with it.

Just put Adam and Sally back together. Nick likes crazy assholes with boundary issues and Chelsea is right there… time to reignite that spark, Banana Breath. Chloe, your advice is bad.

Nate confessed. I actually enjoyed that.

• Like 3
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Nevermind that they have anti-chemistry while the chemistry between CH and MG just radiates off the screen (and perhaps that's partially due to their possible RL relationship).

Wait. Are Mark Grossman and Sharon Case no longer together? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TVForever said:

Wait. Are Mark Grossman and Sharon Case no longer together? 

It might still be speculation at this point, but rumor has it that they broke up several months ago and he's now dating Courtney.

This pic was taken of them at CH's BFF's wedding.

FdgLbERXgAEGsdb?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Fire 1

I’m not happy that Sally and Adam didn’t reunite but a small part of me is looking forward to Summer and Phyllis finding out that Sally and Nick are dating.  

i liked the Elena character.  She was a little dull but I think it’s more because she was paired with two of the most boring actors on the show, with Devon IMO the most boring person on the show.  And Devon has always been boring except lately when he’s been an asshole, too.  Wonder if they’ll pair Nate with Victoria.   

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

It might still be speculation at this point, but rumor has it that they broke up several months ago and he's now dating Courtney.

This pic was taken of them at CH's BFF's wedding.

FdgLbERXgAEGsdb?format=jpg&name=large

I read a report that CH was married but that turned out to be false.  If MG and CH have the same chemistry dating as on screen, SC became a non issue. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Courtney Hope and Chad Duell (Michael on GH) had this elaborate goth wedding with loads of guests and everyone trying to carry on the goth theme. They separated a few months later and then said they’d never really gotten married. This, apparently, was Chad’s second wedding that lasted a nanosecond. Weird.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

That wedding was strange. Chad and Courtney were together for a few years before the "wedding". They said when they broke up that the marriage was never valid because they didn't fill out the paperwork.

That black p leather outfit that Chloe was wearing looked like it would make one sweat like a hog.

I soo much wanted Adam to be successful in wooing back Sally but it looks like its not to be.

The show has been the best its been for a while.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I read a report that CH was married but that turned out to be false.  If MG and CH have the same chemistry dating as on screen, SC became a non issue. 

Apparently, they never signed any paperwork. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

FFS, Chloe why are you discussing Sally's personal business with her boss? Don't you have actual work to do besides managing Sally's sex life or helping Nick dig himself a bigger #metoo hole?

"I get that you see it that way." Nate, you are hopeless. On her way to the airport, Elena should send his mommy Olivia a text and suggest she come get her egomaniac son.

Okay, IMO Nate did have a small point about the way Elena busted in on the C-W meeting. She could've left him a message instead but she opted to be super dramatic at his job.

Tucker was sly the way he was trying to position himself as Devon's solution instead of a potential problem. He knows Audra will likely be able to tell him what caused the IPO blowup regardless, and he can maneuver around it.

Nick's unbothered attitude toward Sally and Adam's dinner bothered me. He keeps saying he's putting the onus on Sally to determine the direction of her "friendship" with him. However, they both know her job is on the line and Nick's her boss. It's like he has his foot hovering over her neck while she's acting like they're simply dating.

Elena, stop acting brand new. Nate is the same guy who stabbed his cousin and your ex-boyfriend Devon in the back by helping you cheat on him. His sense of morality has been hinky for pretty much the whole time you've known him.

Gah, Adam was doing so well with Sally until he mentioned Nick. Darn! 😕

Dafuq, Ashley? "You can't ruin someone if they haven't done anything wrong"? What kind of hazy understanding of "ruin" do you have? It doesn't appear that you and the other two witches are going to stop until you have indeed created found a way to ruin Diane.

But Sally, you didn't have to move on with Adam's BROTHER. That was a choice, hon. You can no longer claim to be the innocent victim of Adam's machinations.

Re next week's previews: Victoria must still be up to something if she wants to hire Nate at NE. Meh.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Re next week's previews: Victoria must still be up to something if she wants to hire Nate at NE. Meh.

I was hoping Nate would be out of work for a few weeks. Maybe we could see him in the apartment, sitting on the couch, bummed out - wearing gray sweats and eating Cheetos. There could be some Cheetos on the couch and on the floor, would love to see a scene like this!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Oh, Nate Natey Nate Nate, enough with the "but I wanna be a surgeon again" whine.

Change it up, tell us you want to be a marine biologist.  Or an architect.  As for Elena leaving, despite the swagger, I'm sure it's a bit more personal, Nate.

giphy.gif

Shrinkage makes MUCH more sense to me, Natey.  Sure it does.....Elena, you've made the right decision.

Looks to me like Neil's silver Briefcase of Doom has been replaced by Elena's metal Suitcase of Heartbreak.  She's dragged that thing with her when she left Devon's place, moved in with Lola, then to Nate, and now to Baltimore.

Adam and Sally's dinner was going so well there for a while that I was expecting ButtBiscuit and Chelsea to ruin it by busting through the door and doing their primal scream.  In which case, I would have been more than fine if Adam and Sally pushed them both over the side.  Instead, we got Sally honing in on Adam saying Nick's name.

I hear that if you turn out all the lights and stand in front of a mirror, saying Nick's name three times, you are immediately cursed with jock itch, toe fungus and an irresistable urge to scratch your privates in public.

Do not do this at home.  

Just DON'T.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, boes said:

Oh, Nate Natey Nate Nate, enough with the "but I wanna be a surgeon again" whine.

Change it up, tell us you want to be a marine biologist.  Or an architect.  As for Elena leaving, despite the swagger, I'm sure it's a bit more personal, Nate.

giphy.gif

Shrinkage makes MUCH more sense to me, Natey.  Sure it does.....Elena, you've made the right decision.

Mmm, I hear the marine biology field is flooded...I'm thinking Natey Nate Nate should probably go into latex. I hear there's an opening at Vandelay Industries...

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

Mmm, I hear the marine biology field is flooded...I'm thinking Natey Nate Nate should probably go into latex. I hear there's an opening at Vandelay Industries...

Nate wants to be our latex salesman?

I think not.

Edited by boes
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Gah, Adam was doing so well with Sally until he mentioned Nick. Darn! 😕

But Sally, you didn't have to move on with Adam's BROTHER. That was a choice, hon. You can no longer claim to be the innocent victim of Adam's machinations.

TIIC have to dumb down certain characters for plot reasons. How else could it not have gotten through Sally’s thick skull that Adam has a right to be annoyed with her boinking Nick? Instead we’re subjected to Sally saying, “How dare you get upset that I let your brother blow my back out last night!!” And this isn’t even comparable to Shadam because the only reason Shick wasn’t together is because Meathead cheated with a Pterodactyl.

I was surprised that Nate spilled the beans on the scam so soon. This show has a propensity for gearing towards climaxes just to pull the plug halfway there.

Jack was making too much sense for Ashley to handle. Seriously, WGAF what Diane was doing in LA or who she was doing it with?

Edited by nasir jones
eta
  • Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, nasir jones said:

I was surprised that Nate spilled the beans on the scam so soon. This show has a propensity for gearing towards climaxes just to pull the plug halfway there.

YR often pulls the plug on dramatic stories.  However, I don't think that is what is happening in this case.  IMO, Nate's story of family betrayal has just been Part 1 in the saga of trying to take control of Chancellor-Winters.

Part 2 has now started with Audra being Tucker's mole at CW.  Looking at past history, I predict a McCall-Newman battle for CW. 

And this Part 2 is why Elena couldn't be written to tell Devon and Lily about Nate's deceitful plan with Victoria. That secret had to be kept until the Audra-Tucker reveal this week and until they were in place to make their move. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 10/14/2022 at 12:45 AM, lgprimes said:

On 10/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

I like Elena. She seems normal and grounded, though I can see why some find her boring.

I like Elena too.  And I like Brytni's subtle, nuanced acting style.  I'm not a consistent fan of the over-the-top, in-your-face acting style we often associate with soaps.  Sometimes this louder style is needed, but sometimes it feels like all noise with limited substance. 

I also like the realism Brytni brings to Elena - although I understand that this type of quiet realism sometimes doesn't play well in this genre - and can be called "boring." 

And I especially enjoy that Brytni has the ability - and the courage - to stay consistent to her character's mood and tone throughout an entire story.  If Elena is going through sad and troubled periods in her life (and Elena has had too many of those!), she stays true to that sad, troubled tone.  Unfortunately, this consistency has resulted in very erroneous comments about her ALWAYS being sad.  That is NOT the case - and I have a whole folder of examples to prove that it isn't. 

On a closing note, this has been a very good week for Brytni as an actress and for Elena as a character, culminating yesterday's in Elena's very emotional goodbye to Nate.  If this is her goodbye to YR, she has ended on a deserved high note. 

But I hope it is not her goodbye.  This story has shown what neglected characters can do - IF they are given the writing to do so.  If it is her goodbye, I simply wanted to express my appreciation for an actress and a character I shall miss on YR. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

On a closing note, this has been a very good week for Brytni as an actress and for Elena as a character, culminating yesterday's in Elena's very emotional goodbye to Nate.  If this is her goodbye to YR, she has ended on a deserved high note. 

I am not totally convinced she is leaving. There haven't been any announcements made.

And here is an interesting thought (brought up on another message board) :  How can she quit her Podcast? Didn't they just pay huge bucks to get her to come on board? And her job at the hospital...you don't just pick up and leave. Of course we aren't supposed to think  about these sorts of things.

• Like 6
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I am not totally convinced she is leaving. There haven't been any announcements made.

And here is an interesting thought (brought up on another message board) :  How can she quit her Podcast? Didn't they just pay huge bucks to get her to come on board? And her job at the hospital...you don't just pick up and leave. Of course we aren't supposed to think  about these sorts of things.

Eh, all Elena has ti do is tell Lily and Darvon that she knew what Nate was up to and they'd fire her. Or maybe they'd promote her,  because they're such titans of industry...🙄

• LOL 8

And here is an interesting thought (brought up on another message board) :  How can she quit her Podcast? Didn't they just pay huge bucks to get her to come on board?

The podcasts storyline seemed to start waning when Billy decided to quit doing his. The writers left a big potential plot line hanging when Nate apparently overpaid Newman Media to get Elena out of her contract. Sally's disbelieving reaction to the dollar amount Nate offered was too pointed for the audience not to notice. (Maybe when Sally hears Victoria's bringing Nate into NE she'll mention that transaction as an example of his questionable professional judgment.) I think the main indication we've had that Elena works for C-W is how comfortable she is rolling into Lily's office whenever she wants. 😐

And her job at the hospital...you don't just pick up and leave. Of course we aren't supposed to think  about these sorts of things.

How does it work with doctors? Would they be expected to give more than two weeks' notice? Whatever, I thought part of the reason Elena took the podcast job was so she could ease up on her hospital and clinic work. But then we kept seeing her coming in late from or leaving early for an extra shift. (Which IMO was Y&R's subtle way of nodding at the healthcare workers who were overwhelmed during the height of the pandemic.) Next we see her meeting Nate several times a day to discuss his whiny issues with Devon at C-W, so her doctor job must not have been as busy--or not her first priority. Who knows? The fools writing this show don't seem to.

Didn’t Elena say she was going to do the interview and upon return to GC, she would clear out the rest of her things from the condo.?

Yeah and I'm wondering why she doesn't just hire a moving service because all these trips back to the penthouse when she keeps saying she's done are getting ridiculous to me. At this point Nate should tell her, "How can I miss you if you won't leave?" 😉

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Quoting myself from last Thursday

On 10/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Chloe has certainly embraced the leather look lately. And today I think she also needed to embrace a padded bra because her nips were on high alert, lol.

to say: I have to take back the shade and offer kudos to EH and the Y&R wardrobe people for the outfit she wore. I just found out (from SNL of all places?) that every year, October 13 is

No-Bra-Day.jpg

No Bra Day. Who knew?🤔

• LOL 12

🤣

22 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I'm not convinced she is leaving either.  But YR always makes me cautious.

Right now she going to Baltimore only for an interview - as @PatsyandEddie says.  So the logisitical problems can be handled easily enough if she is successful at getting the job and IF she chooses to accept it.  She can return and handle things with the hospital and with CW.  Re the podcast specifically, this could likely be done from a different location - ie Baltimore.

9 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Didn’t Elena say she was going to do the interview and upon return to GC, she would clear out the rest of her things from the condo.? I may not having paying attention lol

Yes, she did. 

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How does it work with doctors? Would they be expected to give more than two weeks' notice? Whatever, I thought part of the reason Elena took the podcast job was so she could ease up on her hospital and clinic work. But then we kept seeing her coming in late from or leaving early for an extra shift. (Which IMO was Y&R's subtle way of nodding at the healthcare workers who were overwhelmed during the height of the pandemic.) Next we see her meeting Nate several times a day to discuss his whiny issues with Devon at C-W, so her doctor job must not have been as busy--or not her first priority. Who knows? The fools writing this show don't seem to.

Yeah and I'm wondering why she doesn't just hire a moving service because all these trips back to the penthouse when she keeps saying she's done are getting ridiculous to me. At this point Nate should tell her, "How can I miss you if you won't leave?" 😉

🤣 Career writiing - for any career - is all over the place for soaps.  Look at how a lot of the business executives spend their days!  Sometimes even horizontally.  😉

As for Elena's trips to the penthouse, has it really been that many?  She left initially with just a few things for a short time to clear the air and think things out.  The next time we saw her at the penthouse, she had run into Nate in the park and he had asked her to come home to talk.  Then Miss Vicky interrupted them.  Later the same day, she returned to get the things she needed for her trip to Baltimore - but with obviously no time to pack all her things.  I know it's nitpicky, but it kinda makes sense to me.  As well, she is TRYING to be there when Nate is not, but he came home from work unexpectedly because ... well ... he had no more work.  The downside of being fired.  Same with her plans to get the rest of her stuff.  She is trying to stay out his presence, but I guess there isn't as much soapy drama in that!!  🙂

Edited by Aurora2
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
On 10/15/2022 at 10:32 AM, nasir jones said:

I was surprised as well. But what surprised me more was, as dirty as he's been in dealing behind Devon and Lily's backs, he topped himself when he refused to say who he was conspiring with.

He "can't reveal the CEO's name" because he wants to protect their privacy? Or what? And he continued to refuse when Devon mentioned Tucker and asked if it was him. Nate knows Devon has a complicated relationship with Tucker but couldn't even say, 'no, not Tucker'? 

The viewers know that Tucker is maneuvering behind the scenes, but Nate doesn't. He does know that it is not Tucker who he's been dealing with.  So for him to refuse to set Devon's mind at ease on that front after all that he's done to betray them? Kind of makes him irredeemable to my mind.

And wouldn't you think that given all that's been going on with this IPO offer, Jill and company would just pull the whole deal? They were only pursuing it in the first place because of Nate's pushing. So just pull it and no one can take over the company. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6

I'm not sure if Elena is really leaving, not that I would be too upset about it, but it would be kinda frustrating that's she's going just when she's more or less grown on me. Nate however has moved from boring to egotistical & boring. I never really liked Sean Dominic's Nate, and if Elena is gone, I'm not going to appreciate him being shoved in our faces as if he's interesting or relevant enough for that kind of exposure. They did that with Elena when she first joined the show and look how long it took for most of us(including me) to finally say "Oh yeah she is entertaining after all! Nice!" I think the part I enjoyed the most is Elena's dialogue, she wouldn't allow Nate to indirectly make her responsible for his choices or make excuses for himself. And she pretty much said that verbatim, instead dancing around it. I'm glad that she stood her ground in the face of his begging. When Nate said he didn't have a job anymore and Elena, instead of saying "oh sorry I forgot" or trying to comfort him she said "It's not my fault" and then left. IMO that's & good writing/dialogue. If only we got more on the nose dialogue like that. 

I think the problem the writers have aside from stupid/contrived plots is equally stupid dialogue. Making characters talk in circles or talk around important subjects weakens the acting, for all of the characters (to varying degrees) some characters/actors get by others suffer more because of the weak dialogue. Victoria or Johnny calling out Chelsea is a good example because they make themselves clear to the lunatic. They don't sugarcoat things and it makes it more realistic, while retaining the air of drama that a soap needs. To compare that with Victoria's dialogue with Nick when she found out he was sleeping with Sally, and the difference is pretty telling. It might be the narrative status quo not to hold Nick to account for his actions, but Victoria could've been the least bit stern or judgmental towards him. We all know she's a pro at that, but since she wasn't the moment became dull & unimpressive. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Quoting myself from last Thursday

to say: I have to take back the shade and offer kudos to EH and the Y&R wardrobe people for the outfit she wore. I just found out (from SNL of all places?) that every year, October 13 is

No-Bra-Day.jpg

No Bra Day. Who knew?🤔

Every day is no bra day!  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Decided to watch the show live today. Here goes...

Two soap opera vets 100% engaged in their scene and getting it done. Loved watching PB and TSJ together.

I thought Sharon knew about Nick and Sally? Guess not with that WTF face she made when he told her.

Daytime Emmy-worthy work from MG in Adam's rooftop scenes with Sally. I wanted to reach into the TV and give him a hug.

OMG, Sharon stays gossiping! I understand why Nick trusts her but Sally sure shouldn't.

Sally, of course Adam cares that you're screwing his brother on the rebound. Are you dense or just a cold-blooded skank? I'll accept "both" as an answer.

What about Sage? Why do they keep forgetting Adam and Nick shared Sage too? And she's Christian's mommy FGS. 🤨

Lol, Jack gets right to the messiness inviting Diane to join him and Tucker at their table. Hope the two suspects have their stories straight because Jack is on the  case.

How much do I hate Sally having to answer to Chloe about who she sees on her own flipping time? THIS MUCH!!!!! Chloe is not your friend, Sally. She's a c-blocking busybody.

If Tucker and Diane don't want people to think they're scheming perhaps they shouldn't have their heads together in a restaurant where any of their naysayers could show up at any time. Duh.

What could Diane be on the hook to Tucker for?

So now Sally has to cover her tracks with Nick about her unexpected dinner with Adam. Ugh. Wonder why Adam hasn't figured out that Nick has her jammed up and she's mainly trying to keep her job?

Summer. Another buttinski. Why isn't she at home with her husband and stepchild?

Tucker & Victoria, sittin' in a tree? Huh. I don't hate the possibility. It might be fun to see Tucker wreck Victoria's bony self and steal the C-W IPO deal too.

As for Elena's trips to the penthouse, has it really been that many? 

AFAIC, more than two trips is too many. She's looking wishy-washy to me and that is not a trait one wants to see in a doctor. At this point, I think Elena needs to call Tryone.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How much do I hate Sally having to answer to Chloe about who she sees on her own flipping time? THIS MUCH!!!!! Chloe is not your friend, Sally. She's a c-blocking busybody

In my opinion Sally deserves Chloe. It's karma. This new attitude of acting like her shit doesn't stink because she's riding the town tramp is pretty disgusting to me. Sally playing puritan is about as believable as when Chelsea or Summer does it. Even Phyllis doesn't go around accusing exes of manipulating her and mistreating her even when they do because she knows she's the biggest manipulator of them all. I am fast approaching the desire for Sally to pack up her little duffel bag and head back to L.A. There's nothing I hate more than a hypocrite.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

I would rather Sally pack up and go back to LA than watch her with Nick. Great scenes today by Adam, Sally not so much. Never liked her, then liked her with Adam, now can't stand her again.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, rcc said:

I would rather Sally pack up and go back to LA than watch her with Nick. Great scenes today by Adam, Sally not so much. Never liked her, then liked her with Adam, now can't stand her again.

Same, If this is all she has to offer then the character needs to go. JG is a terrible writer. This time last year we were getting stories about Sally the Carnie who can juggle knives and faked a terminal illness and now she thinks she's too good for Adam? Um, bitch, excuse me?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2022 at 7:03 PM, tinderbox said:

I REALLY like the the actor who plays Tucker.

After watching today's episode (10/16/22), I have to say that I do like Trevor St. John's approach to the character and I even like the writing around his character.

On 10/13/2022 at 7:03 PM, tinderbox said:

I cannot stand anything about Audra.  

I can really see Zuleyka Silver "the fashion model" coming through in her portrayal of Audra, it's like her face is somehow immobile, like she's posing for a picture - and does anybody think that "Audra" might actually be "Tucker's" daughter and, therefore, "Devon's" evil half-sister?

• Useful 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oh, Sally, of course you can't get Nick out of your mind.  That smell tends to linger.  One thing you should know, though...the rivalry you're accusing Adam of applies more to Nick.  If Adam should give up on you and reconnect with Sharon, Nick will dump you in a hot minute, start beating his chest and flinging his poo and dragging his knuckles over to Crimson Lights to put a stop to it.

And the only thing I want to hear Summer say to Sally is, "Thank you so much!".

As for the Sage omission mentioned above, I guess they aren't counting her because Adam never loved her and she never loved Adam.  She was in love with Gabriel Bingham and Adam happened to be wearing his face, thanks to her.  Theirs was just a marriage of convenience.

I'm genuinely surprised Tucker is trying to snake CW away from Devon, unless his goal is to push Jill out.  However, he won't be scoring any Cool Dad points with that maneuver.      

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Two soap opera vets 100% engaged in their scene and getting it done. Loved watching PB and TSJ together.

I loved catching a glimpse of the real Jack today. Sadly, he went back into Auntie Jack mode.

Sharon stays gossiping!

True to character. She's been written as a gossip for decades.

What about Sage? Why do they keep forgetting Adam and Nick shared Sage too? And she's Christian's mommy FGS.

Thank you. I was yelling, "and Sage!" I swear, it's ridiculous how she has been erased. And why?

17 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Gabriel Bingham

So did Spider and Dickolaus share any lovers?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2