Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 2/14/2022 at 9:15 PM, Crashcourse said:

Sally's not ugly but she always looks and acts like she's about to literally chew up some scenery.  Her face is too animated.  I don't like looking at her.  I don't think Adam is in love with her; he just wants to have sex because he knows she really wants him. 

I can’t stand Sally. I can understand how you don’t like looking at her. It’s sad, but it looks like she’s had some sort of lip work done that gives her a veritable trout mouth especially when it’s moving. YMMV.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

With regard to Sally - I think part of my issue is that she is over-styled. She is gorgeous but the makeup seems pretty heavy as is the hair color. And yes, she seems to chew scenery.  Worse: a younger version of Phyllis. Unlike some other characters, she at least doesn’t seem to be phoning it in,

I also just read where the show is in the middle of February Sweeps. Is that when the ad rates and prices are based on ratings? And most shows pull out all the stops? I wonder how that is working for them.

Edited by Kemper
Spelling error
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, boes said:

Oh, what not a surprise, ButtBiscuit is going to do his own podcast.  And use his name.  To talk about his "traumas" and his "growth".  Because people will want to hear and relate. 

He calls his meandering musings his "stream of consciousness".  I call them brain farts.  Pretty much every bad thing that has happened to him is because of his own bad decisions.  Who would want to listen to that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

This probably meant more on B&B than it does on Y&R, but I still think Sally's styling and mannerisms are supposed to hearken back to the original Sally Spectra, who was a bawdy, larger-than-life character and had heavy make-up and big brassy hair to reflect that.  That must all get lost on viewers who never saw B&B, but I guess that's the drawback with cross-over characters.  And this Sally has brought not only her own built-in B&B history with her, but also that of the legacy character she was created to emulate.  I'm biased because I'm a fan, but I think she lights up almost every scene she's in and manages to have chemistry with everyone she's paired with.  Yes, she's a bit much, but her great-aunt was surrounded by people like Phyllis Diller and Jim J Bullock, so she's actually toned down in comparison! 

ICAM. And it didn't help that pretty much everyone in GC had preconceived negative opinions of her from day one, so she's gone overboard in trying to prove herself. To me it was like she was being set up to fail. Her pairing with Adam might be a corner successfully turned though. (And CH has been on Y&R for over a year. When are they going to put her in the credits?)

Meanwhile, relating to Jack's upcoming storyline,

Spoiler

spumors are afloat that not only is he going to be meeting his long-lost son Keemo's daughter, but that she'll be coming to GC as Noah's new love interest. Another possible Abbott/Newman pairing? Ehhh. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
oops
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12

I was a fan of Sally’s when she was on B&B. She was determined to resurrect her grandmother’s clothing line and I admired her for doing that. This iteration of Sally is so over the top, overly dramatic and scenery chewing that I have trouble watching her on my screen. The lip gyrations and body gyrations are just too distracting for me. I can’t even pay attention to what she’s saying because how she’s saying it is just too much.

• Love 13

Say what you want about Sally but she’s still much better to look at than Rodan the Petty, Chelsea, Chloe, Olive, and Sharon. Lily is attractive but less attractive when she’s with Nostrils as is Abby with Chance 2.0. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, Gam2 said:

The lip gyrations and body gyrations are just too distracting for me. I can’t even pay attention to what she’s saying because how she’s saying it is just too much.

That's exactly how I feel. It is like watching The Joker, a bad clown, some non-human animatron or Phyllis with her blue teeth, fake smiles and flailing arms. And none of these are necessary to play Sally. I liked Phyllis in the 1990s with her subtle deviousness ... nobody sees it coming.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9

I still like Sally, although at the same time I can definitely see being put off by her.   

For me it's just the lines and dialogue they give her, and it's a continuation from B&B.  Just cringey stuff where she's either made to look clueless, or some cliche line about how "she's not to be underestimated".  I'm pretty sure Courtney Hope could play Sally on another level if she wasn't handicapped by that kind of writing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I'm pretty sure Courtney Hope could play Sally on another level if she wasn't handicapped by that kind of writing.  

First she needs a good storyline.  How about Ashland Locke scheming to take control of the company from Victor & Victoria while Adam & Sally subtly scheme to take control from Ashland as soon as he thinks he's won it?  Victoria could grovel and work for them or retire and make reliquaries.

The best way to show that "she's not to be underestimated" is to actually succeed at something, not just boldly grab for the stars that fizzle out.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

Aren't shows supposed to have really exciting content to retain and increase viewership during "February Sweeps"? They end on March 2nd, and IMO this month has been nothing but dull. How is that gonna work?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I love how the writers were lowkey making fun of Steffy's weddings on B&B through Tessa and Mariah's dialogue. I'm fairly certain horses, hot air balloons, and other stunts have been involved in Steffy's many marriage ceremonies.

What was going on with Abby's face? There were some odd lumps and discolorations, and IMO the heavy application of her makeup accentuated the problem instead of covering it up.

Oh hey, it's Traci. Wonder whose hiney she'll be climbing up this time?

Was Summer calling from a storage closet? The show spared no expense setting up that blank background behind her with the one plastic plant.

University of Chicago. Is Faith smart enough to get in there? Guess she'll be visiting the Ivy League schools too. 🤯 But if Faith goes to GCU I'm gonna laugh so hard. She could give a hoot about her carbon footprint after she's flown all over the country visiting campuses before she's even been accepted anywhere. 😐

I see you Chance. Abby kept pleading with you to seek therapy but it wasn't until Devon brought it up that you finally decided to do it. Should Amanda be keeping her eye on you and her man? 💕

Whee, now Devon wants to move into Chancellor Mansion to be closer to Dom. Next he'll refuse to leave and declare squatter's rights. Then he'll sue to take ownership of the property because he's Kay's grandson and it's his birthright. Abby will kicked out to the curb but Devon will let Chance stay because they're bros now. The nightmare writes itself! 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Shut up, Noah. Don't plan on having a career as a wedding planner. You were really no help at all and if Mariah and Tessa follow your advice their wedding will be a laughingstock. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13

What is so ominous about the text messages Jack is receiving that Rodan the Petty has to use her nefarious skills on determining who’s behind them?  The texts are innocuous enough for Jack to just text back. 

In the world of Bowie drama, I don’t  get why Bowie’s illness is being kept a secret?  Keeping friends and family from worrying is a lame excuse. 

It looks like Sharon and Faith coordinate the exact same hair color. They even made sure they were wearing the same color blue. 

WHAT THE FUCK!!  TIIC are going to have Bowie at home to recuperate?  That is so fucking unreal that it’s even beyond belief for a dumb ass soap opera. Bowie should REMAIN IN THE HOSPITAL for a few weeks for constant monitoring of possible infections, rejection of the transplant , fever, and blood tests to monitor red blood cell rejuvenation.  So if there is a problem, Bowie will be in the hospital not having to be rushed to the hospital.  Since when is Devon a doctor in deciding it will be better for Bowie to recover at home instead of the hospital?  Even with Devon’s recovery from the donation is a little far fetched. My son-in-law could hardly move for 36 hours after he donated bone marrow.  Damn TIIC, for making Bowie’s illness a complete and utter joke. 

Dollywood is so much better than SF. The Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area of the Smoky Mountains is absolutely beautiful.  

I hope that it’s in the budget for Tessa’s and Mariah’s wedding to be on location.  I guess it was wishful thinking that their wedding would be in TN.  My preference would be the murder mystery theme. If they wanted to have a music festival it would be, for me, more advantageous to have it in Nashville, Memphis, or New Orleans.  I get what Noah is saying. Have a murder mystery of a entertainer at the museum in the hall of dinosaurs.  Have it catered by Nathan’s serving hotdogs, fantastic French Fries, and potato knishes.  

Wash it all down with Nathan’s pure fruit orange soda.  To die for!!  

Chance 1.0 was is a clean shaven well groomed polished individual but when he returns as Chance 2.0 he’s a grubby unshaven shadow of his former self. I would imagine that Chance 2.0 would be given that persona for undercover work but it’s been more than a month since he’s been back so you would think that TIIC would clean him up a bit. Maybe TIIC think that Abby has more chemistry with the bad boy, like Scotty, than the preppy look like Chance 1.0.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I fully expect Abby and Bag of Hair to come downstairs tomorrow morning and find Devon has rearranged the furniture.

Or wake up in the middle of the night to find Devon snuggled between them in his footie pajamas.

Isn't Devon due for a coma or something about now?  Plane goes down in the Andes, goes missing on his way the record studio?  I know I'm overdue for a respite from his low-talking monotone passive aggressive bullshit and if he's feeling lonely, take Amanda with him on his way to that coma.  I'm ready for a loooooooooooooooooooooong break from anyone and everyone named Hamilton.

One of them - was ff'ding so I can't remember which - said that Dom was so lucky to have all of his "parents" with him.  So now Amanda is a parent too?  Mariah, apparently, his become nothing much more than a beer cooler they kept the baby in for 9 months.

There have been more boring storylines but I can't think of one in recent memory that's as damaging to characters, other than the doppleganger storyline.

After all is said and done, anyone else think that Mariah and Tessa's wedding will be either offscreen completely, or held at Crimson Lights?  Hopefully, they'll at least have a recording of Weird Al Yankovic playing the Wedding March to really drive home the romance.

• LOL 8
  • Love 16

When Mariah and Tessa started saying how it doesn’t matter where they get married, I took it as the wedding will be at Crimson Lights. 
When did Sharon become so annoying? I used to like her especially compared to Phyllis but these days her handing out counseling with the coffee is irritating. Wouldn’t Chance call his health care provider for a psychiatric referral instead of his barista? The scenes with that branch of the Newman’s at the coffee house are cringe. 
We don’t need a cameo from Scummbag for Phyllis to announce she’s staying in GC to further irritate viewers. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
On 2/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, deirdra said:

First she needs a good storyline.  How about Ashland Locke scheming to take control of the company from Victor & Victoria while Adam & Sally subtly scheme to take control from Ashland as soon as he thinks he's won it?  Victoria could grovel and work for them or retire and make reliquaries.

The best way to show that "she's not to be underestimated" is to actually succeed at something, not just boldly grab for the stars that fizzle out.

Knowing this writing team, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out Sally is actually working for Victor to keep tabs on Adam and his pushback on her in front of Adam is for Adam to rebel more against Victor and pull her closer.  While Sally normally has pushed back against the patriarchy and male bullies, I could see her taking a darker turn and being fed up by her losses and thinking by allying with Victor that she's backing the winning horse.

18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I love how the writers were lowkey making fun of Steffy's weddings on B&B through Tessa and Mariah's dialogue. I'm fairly certain horses, hot air balloons, and other stunts have been involved in Steffy's many marriage ceremonies.

Niiiice catch. That's pretty hilarious.

Devon's connecting to Chance re his issues coming off both Hilary, their child, and Neil's deaths should've been the FIRST scene of them connecting back when they were drinking at the bar and Chance confided he was having issues. It's too little, too late for Devon to be doling out good advice when he's shown that he is not above using Chance's issues for his own gain. 

I am HERE for the return of Keemo and/or any kids and hot wife he may bring with him. Jack needs a story and Keemo's been benched for way too long. PB must've had a change of heart because he's on record as hating that story. So either he got over it or he's got bills to pay where he's biting his tongue, LOL.

• Love 19

Can they make Darvon any more insufferable and selfish?!? This bitchass bitch as the NERVE to ask to stay over in Abby's home now?! What the actual fuck Show? If they don't make him NOT the Dombabydaddy I'm going to have to consider quitting this bitch once and for all. He can NOT be allowed to remain the bio dad, not with all his hissy demands. Fuck.That.Shit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

I had to laugh at Dr. Natey Nate Nate being suspicious of Grampire and Michael Baldwin, but not suspicious of Asshat who is pretending to have a miraculous recovery from cancer.

16 hours ago, boes said:

After all is said and done, anyone else think that Mariah and Tessa's wedding will be either offscreen completely, or held at Crimson Lights?

Yes. Crimson Lights. The more options they threw out there, the more it seemed to scream Crimson Lights. They do seem to do everything there. They probably take sink-baths in the kitchen/office. But on the other hand, maybe the show can afford a few bus tickets for Tessa, Mariah and a cameraman to go to San Francisco for a day. Nah, probably not. What cracks me up is that Sharin' never closes the coffee shop for private parties, they just have their private events and coincidentally no one comes in to buy coffee.

16 hours ago, boes said:

I fully expect Abby and Bag of Hair to come downstairs tomorrow morning and find Devon has rearranged the furniture.

I wish he'd get them some throw pillows befitting of the Chancellor Mansion and ditch those Pier One markdowns.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I wish he'd get them some throw pillows befitting of the Chancellor Mansion and ditch those Pier One markdowns.

If he did, you just know they'd have "Jazz" or some such nonsense printed on them.  

Or maybe a handstitched "Neil would have loved this" throw pillow.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

First thing first:  Happy twos day being 2/22/22. 

Another mountain being made out of a molehill. Jack, just get your ass to LA and find out what’s those messages all about instead of you standing there with Rodan the Petty’s thumb up your ass.  Speculation:  Keemo could have died an Jack has a long lost grandchild or great grandchild looking to get in touch with him. Either that or Keemo is still alive but they are keeping it on the down low since they know how Keemo feels about Jack. 

Dumb ass Devon is in the living room with a consortium of other dumb asses. Amanda, tell me why, as a highly educated woman, if Bowie has such a complicated procedure that he’s not still in the hospital?  That’s right Amanda, with  the stroke of a pen, Abby and Chance 2.0 could never get rid of Devon. Out of the goodness of Abby’s heart and only the goodness of Abby’s heart, Devon can call the shots on Bowie’s live maybe in direct contrast what Abby wants for Bowie’s life. 

It’s quite enlightening that a billionaire is actually paying for the take out for a millionaire. If it was the other way around it would be an illustration of what we called deep pockets and short arms 😜

Natey Nate Nate is Chief of Surgery not Chief of Staff nor Chief of Medicine but he’s the one who expedited Bowie’s home care and acts like Devon and Bowie are his patients. Of course the great Natey Nate Nate beside being a surgeon is a Hematologist and is able to check on Bowie instead of the doctor who performed the transplant. Yes Natey Nate Nate Bowie’s levels look normal but the most important level would require a blood test. Did Natey Nate Nate also arrange for a full lab in Bowie’s room?  

I have to say that I really enjoyed the scene between Victor and Jack.  They have become to be more friends than advisories over the years. 

• Love 17

Heh, Phyllis desperately wanted Traci to be impressed with her elite hacker skilz but Traci wasn't fazed. I guess Phyllis doesn't grasp the concept of wanting to have plausible deniability. 😐

Keemo should at least be in his late 40s now, no? I think playing text message games would seem rather juvenile on his part if he's the one sending them to Jack.

Glad to hear Victor has a driver and he isn't running around alone at night after knocking back the booze. Especially at his age. 😥

Crystal must've had the day off at the Gnarly Pablum. There was another woman in the infamous green dress walking around in the background. Clomping around, actually. She seemed to have a problem with her shoes.

Traci: I always thought that Keemo's mother Luan was the most significant love of Jack's life.
Phyllis: the
most significant? Um...
Traci: yes, the most. Did I stutter?
Phyllis: weeellll, I was a pretty meaningful love of Jack's life too. Just sayin'.
Traci: of course you were, Phyllis. Right up until you cheated on him with my other brother and tried to steal our family's company.
Phyllis: <gulp>

Nate doesn't have to bring his medical bag to examine a recuperating patient? Even if the patient is a baby it seems to me like he'd need some basic medical tools and supplies. 🤔

Jack taking fatherhood advice from Victor of all people. WTAF. Victor still thinks it's okay to pull bad stuff on his kids because as far as he's concerned, they'll get over it. Ugh. You'd almost be better off consulting Sharon, Jack. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
On 2/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I see you Chance. Abby kept pleading with you to seek therapy but it wasn't until Devon brought it up that you finally decided to do it. Should Amanda be keeping her eye on you and her man? 💕

Nah that might be good.

6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

No Y&R again for me today. Soccer, fuck.

You can catch them on Utube

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nate doesn't have to bring his medical bag to examine a recuperating patient? Even if the patient is a baby it seems to me like he'd need some basic medical tools and supplies. 🤔

Natey isn't even tearing of to Peru and finding the Cure to Cancer so not much of a doctor or humanitarian.... but he can't do Surrrrgeeeerrrryyy

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Jack and Victor didn't even substantively talk about much (unless you count the mandatory ORPHANAGE reference from Vic), but it was so fun just watching those two interact.   

Cautiously optimistic this Keemo thing could be good story for Jack, and even Phyllis I thought looked and behaved mostly appropriately today, so (baby Chancellor crew aside) this was a rare W episode for me.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 16
On 2/20/2022 at 2:56 PM, deirdra said:

That's exactly how I feel. It is like watching The Joker, a bad clown, some non-human animatron or Phyllis with her blue teeth, fake smiles and flailing arms. And none of these are necessary to play Sally. I liked Phyllis in the 1990s with her subtle deviousness ... nobody sees it coming.  

Phyllis’s blue teeth !!!!  I’m so happy someone else sees that about her.  I’ve thought that maybe my TV’s color scale was off, but now that someone else sees that, I feel better.  How does someone get blue teeth?

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Jack and Victor didn't even substantively talk about much (unless you count the mandatory ORPHANAGE reference from Vic), but it was so fun just watching those two interact.   

Cautiously optimistic this Keemo thing could be good story for Jack, and even Phyllis I thought looked and behaved mostly appropriately today, so (baby Chancellor crew aside) this was a rare W episode for me.  

I agree.  I had to laugh, though, when Victor said he didn't like to reminisce about his childhood.  Come ON, Victor, you've told the orphanage story so many times we all practically know the recipe they used to make your gruel.

Now if you would only explain your inexplicable German accent.....

The baby story and its attendant quartet of nincompoops didn't bother me today because I actually managed to ff through each and every scene.  Other than Abby, the rest of them are Deadtome.  And Abby's on life support.

I've got hopes for this Keemo storyline, too!  I expect they'll be dashed sooner rather than later but I'm going to wait till they pull the football out from under me one more time before I give up on that, too.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

Catching up on yesterday‘s episode, and I just want to cosign the entire foolishness of this Bowie situation. What doctor signed him out to  leave THE DAY of his procedure? And if they are so desperate to have him home, why have the four of them spent almost the entire episode chitchatting and eating Chinese food? They run up when he needs a diaper change? What?  I get that the nurse is there, but still. And don’t get me started on Nate, doctor and specialist of everything.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

Adam looked good in his blue on blue ensemble, but during his convo with Victor came off as a struggling teenager. Sally in that black sweater, sweetheart of the rodeo look? Apologies to those who like Ashland 2.0, for me he lacks the gravitas and menace of R.B. 2.0 seems like a guy that would be volunteering at the Friday night Fish Fry @ my church. "Vinegar, tartar sauce, coleslaw, Ma'am?" The pink sparkly boots on Lily are "try hard" for her age, and a fail for her new CEO profile. Now only Devon left to weigh in on Nate's career options in the world of corporate choices......maybe manage the medical needs of Devon's musical artists? Preferably while they are on tour, far from Genoa City. Victoria needs to be reschooled on the old cliche, "Be careful how you treat people on your way up, because you'll see them again on your way down", because she is clearly riding for a big fall. Wondering how many episodes it will take the show to wrap up the "Exposure and Consequences  Of Ashland-Locke". Tara got finished off in one. He'll probably get 2-3. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

I think the actress who plays Lily is very attractive. She has a wonderful figure and pretty hair. However, as the CEO of a multinational corporation, her manner of dressing is ridiculous. Her dresses are skin tight, sparkly and way too short. Today’s pink boots were silly. Please dress her as a respected professional in the future. It’s hard to take her seriously now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Yesterday's episode was dumb and a waste. They don't even send adults home the same day they get a transplant, why the fuck would they send a baby, that's not even 6 months old, home? Plus, Dickhead Devon gets to insert himself further into Abby's life/home. Wonderful. The irony is, I do think the three of them (minus Devon of course) have good friendship chemistry. But this feels unearned and too soon. 

As shady as Ashland is, I was rooting for him against Nostrils. I laughed when Ashland wasted no time in tattling on NotBilly to Victoria when she showed up. And of course Lily would later validate/enable Buttbiscuit as if he did anything productive by antagonizing Ashland & Victoria in the first place, instead of minding his own business. 

Also, why is Lily trying to hire half of Genoa City? It's bad enough that she has her screw up boyfriend as her COO now she's got her brother's girlfriend along with her sister as corporate lawyers. And now she wants to bring her cousin in the business for some random shoehorned job? How is all of that going to work out when someone does something personally and/or professionally the other doesn't like? What the fuck are these writers on? 

Victor how is it arrogant, selfish and disrespectful for Adam not to what you want? I'm glad Adam stood up for himself against Victor's emotional manipulation & guilt trips. I know Sally means well but she's got it all wrong if she thinks that Victor ever respects his children for  standing up "disobeying" him. 

8 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Today’s pink boots were silly. Please dress her as a respected professional in the future. It’s hard to take her seriously now.

Her choice of dress doesn't help. But to be fair, her relationship with Nostrils is what really makes it impossible to take her seriously lol. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I think the actress who plays Lily is very attractive. She has a wonderful figure and pretty hair. However, as the CEO of a multinational corporation, her manner of dressing is ridiculous. Her dresses are skin tight, sparkly and way too short. Today’s pink boots were silly. Please dress her as a respected professional in the future. It’s hard to take her seriously now.

She's sleeping with ButtBiscuit.  It's been impossible to take her seriously since she hitched her wagon to that demented Howdy Doody wannabe.  

• LOL 21
  • Love 2

What was up with Adam's ill-fitting suit of many layers? If he's going to be seen with Sally he's going to have to look sharp, not like he bought his clothes out of the reminders bin at the dollar store.

Oy, Nate sat on Lily and Billy's nasty couch. Hope he's current on his shots. 🥵

Billy keeps trying to tell Ashland about himself and Ashland keeps laughing in his face. There's a saying about doing the same thing over and over yet expecting a different result. Someone needs to buy Billy the t-shirt.

See, Sally, that's why you need to stop running your mouth so much. You just gave Victoria a way to get between you and Adam. To her it looks like you're using him for your own ambitions, whether you are or not and whether you realize it or not. 😐

More goofy boots. I thought Lily looked like she wrapped pink aluminum foil around her feet and ankles, and then glued on a stiletto heel. And then there was Victoria in a sleeveless dress despite there being snow outside. Brrr.

When Jill handed the CI reins over to Lily I wonder if she had any idea Lily would turn it into a Winters/Hastings/Hamilton employment hub? Lily will have her entire extended family working there before the end of spring. She learned it from the best though because Neil did the same thing when he was CEO of Jabot.

Looks like Ashland's chickens are coming home to roost. And then get shish-kebabbed by TGVN. 🤠

Victoria needs to be reschooled on the old cliche, "Be careful how you treat people on your way up, because you'll see them again on your way down", because she is clearly riding for a big fall.

If seeing Victoria get her face cracked into a million tiny pieces is the price we have to pay for losing Ashland then so be it. AFAIC she's long overdue for some huge humiliation. Huge. 😏

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

If seeing Victoria get her face cracked into a million tiny pieces is the price we have to pay for losing Ashland then so be it. AFAIC she's long overdue for some huge humiliation. Huge. 😏

As far as I'm concerned, we lost Ashland when we lost RB.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

When Jill handed the CI reins over to Lily I wonder if she had any idea Lily would turn it into a Winters/Hastings/Hamilton employment hub? Lily will have her entire extended family working there before the end of spring.

I wonder what position Moses will get? And how soon? He'll probably be VP of the entire music division before he graduates high school.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

The only thing I enjoyed today was Victor sitting in his chair, bellowing and scolding Adam; those two play off one another pretty well. Everything that comes out of Victor’s mouth, his mannerisms, his trying to be intimidating, is so predictable. But at this stage I will take it over any other ridiculous drivel that the writers dream up. 

I don’t know what the plans are for the actor portraying Ashland. He has zero chemistry with Victoria; but I enjoy him and he is one of the better hires, acting-wise, that the show has done. So I hope he stays around; I hope he beats Victoria; Billy, Lily, and Victor. I want Adam to come out on top and have to rescue his family from themselves; but not Victoria. She needs a dose of being the family outsider for a change. But.

As interesting as they are trying to make this “new” storyline with The Newmans and Ashland, we know that it will end with a heavy thud. Like the wedding. All the plotting of everyone involved was kind of escapist fun to watch…plus the wedding dress switch. And Gaines. Then it was done and there was no payoff.

Like the soul sucking baby/surrogate/kidnapping story that just seemed to never end, kept getting worse, and now everyone is hugging. Unless the writers have a surprise up their sleeves it ended with a thud and ton of bricks. Someone needs to tell Traci that she is no longer the grandmother that she thought she was. Or have they? Do Jill, Ashley and Victor know what has transpired? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I wonder what position Moses will get? And how soon? He'll probably be VP of the entire music division before he graduates high school.

He'll be helping develop the emerging Klezmer Jazz artists as well as promoting the latest religious polka music.  And, if Moses has anything to say about it, bagpipe disco is making a comeback along with chastity belt sleepovers.

I'm so glad that Y & R has a viable teen scene again, aren't you?

Rock me baby, all night long, curfew at 9 sharp.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

I had to laugh the other day when Faith and Moses was discussing college. Faith now wants to GCU so she can intern at Newman Locke or Jabot. Than why bother to go to college for business?  Just rise up, via nepotism, like Olive without a business degree. Faith would be a VP in less time than it takes to get a degree. The same for Moses. Why does he have to go to college where hands on experience is more valuable. Let’s say Faith and Moses are looking for a major university experience than University of Michigan, Northwestern University, and Notre Dame, schools that Faith mentioned, have both excellent business and music programs.  

I wonder how much lube Olive uses every morning to be able to stick the stick up her ass.  Olive’s mouth is moving but it’s the stick up her ass that’s doing the talking. 

It seems a little odd for Olive to be getting coffee at CL while Ashland the Neckless is having coffee at Society. But it’s mostly odd that those fantastic executives even have time to go out for coffee. I would imagine their break room would have a professional coffee maker that makes any type of coffee even better than at CL or Society.  

Is that Nostrils, or am I dreaming?  Nostrils actually came up with what Ashland the Neckless wants to do.  The one thing about Nostrils that he has the guts to speak his mind in antagonizing whoever. 

I don’t think that Adam is a goner at Newman Media just yet. Victor was about to tell Olive he fired Adam but Michael’s phone call will change all that. Has anyone else notice that Olive is like a snarling dog that bares it’s teeth be fore it gets ready to bite your face off.  

Now Lily wants to hire Natey Nate Nate. Who’s next, Johnny and Katie or Faith and Moses?  

I have to take Victor to task. Olive is the golden child who can undermine Victor and Victor passes it off as good business. Banana Breath the Pompous wants nothing to do with the family business and he gets a pass. Adam is the one that has to prove his loyalty or else. Is it because Victor thinks of Adam the most like himself when it’s actually Olive who is the one who is the ruthless in business and has brought an outsider into the family business.  It’s time for Victor to cut Olive’s tail feathers until Ashland the Neckless is dealt with. Every second he’s there, Victor should be worried that Ashland the Neckless’ foothold is getting stronger.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Why doesn't Chance just hand the baby over to Devon now and walk away from fatherhood? He is so impressed by Devons fathering  skills! Holy shit, he jumped up when the baby cried! He's father of the year. I felt sorry for Chance at first but now he is just a whining moron.

Edited by MsMalin
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Skarzero said:

Yesterday's episode was dumb and a waste. They don't even send adults home the same day they get a transplant, why the fuck would they send a baby, that's not even 6 months old, home? Plus, Dickhead Devon gets to insert himself further into Abby's life/home. Wonderful. The irony is, I do think the three of them (minus Devon of course) have good friendship chemistry. But this feels unearned and too soon. 

really makes it impossible to take her seriously lol. 

Has anyone noticed that MM Amanda has a bit of a baby bump) Maybe it's just a big lunch but she's been wearing the blousy tops and this gal can't hide it like Abby did, she's a chin to knees type of expectant mom.

if they start bringing in really, really big bouquets.... well...  they even did a call back on the show to Hilary's wedding coffin topper bouquet

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Why doesn't Chance just hand the baby over to Devon now and walk away from fatherhood? He is so impressed by Devons fathering  skills! Holy shit, he jumped up when the baby cried! He's father of the year. I felt sorry for Chance at first but now he is just a whining moron.

It seems like what he wants (assuming he knows what he wants at all) is to have the loving stepfather role without actually saying it.  Which is basically the shittiest possible stance to take here, so I'm also about done with him.  

• Love 8

So Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate is entertaining an offer from CEO Malibu Barbie for a job that doesn't exist?  Exactly what would the good doctor do - did you hear he can no longer perform surgery, did you? - at Chancellor Corsets and Enema Tips Inc.?  ButtBiscuit has the podcast corner covered already, when he's not COO'ing in his turtleneck condom outfit.  He's got Lily snowed in deeper than the cow tipper from Down Undah ever did.  

I guess I should be rooting for the downfall of Ashland, but nah, I'm looking forward to his epic takedown of Newman, quite the payback for Victor almost letting him die with that heart attack way back when.

I love Sally, but she should know that's not the way to talk to your boss, no matter who it is.  

Adam, again, was the most sensible, easy to take character on today.  For all the blather from Lily about how ButtBiscuit has changed, Adam is the only one who really seems different.

Edited by boes
  • Love 15

I'm also interested in Jack's long lost son or grandchild or whatever.  Why did PB not like the Keemo story back in the day?

On 2/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Phyllis’s blue teeth !!!!  I’m so happy someone else sees that about her.  I’ve thought that maybe my TV’s color scale was off, but now that someone else sees that, I feel better.  How does someone get blue teeth?

I dunno but they're blue on my screen, too. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6