Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Baby Steps

Kohola3
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I'd like to know how Kody (or was it Janelle) told Meri that he was marrying her friend/sister-in-law.  If it came out of the blue and Meri had no say in the matter, that may have triggered her response.  Kody was expecting her to keep sweet. Instead she framed her marriage license and prominently displayed it.

She may have done that on her wedding day, for all we know.  So not as a slap in the face to anyone else, but because she treasured it.  I honestly believe she even loves Kody to this very day, despite any cruel things he says or does, and despite the stupid crap she does.  

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I'd like to know how Kody (or was it Janelle) told Meri that he was marrying her friend/sister-in-law.  If it came out of the blue and Meri had no say in the matter, that may have triggered her response.  Kody was expecting her to keep sweet. Instead she framed her marriage license and prominently displayed it.

I agree that shift from sister-in-law to sister wife dynamic would have awful for Meri. I actually feel some empathy for her when I think of her hearing that news and I have no doubt Kody was the one who decided that was happening and told her, without caring about Meri’s input to that. It obviously would have contributed a whole new factor of resentment (aside from the obvious factor of just adding a wife) given who Janelle was married to previously. That situation is a classic example of Kody being an insensitive moron who acts without thinking. 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Instead she framed her marriage license and prominently displayed it.

Who does that?....  It's such a psycho thing to do!  🙄

Especially if you're in a plural family and even though they all say it doesn't mean anything we all know it does and Meri wanted to rub it in the other wives faces every opportunity she got.

She's such a nasty witch I don't feel sorry for her at all and in fact I'm enjoying her downfall.

Janelle is usually a slug with very little to say but her eyes lit up and she kept adding her 2 cents including access to the poop pond... To me It looked like Janelle was enjoying the whole scene... She's probably waited years for Kody to explode and tell Meri about herself and I was right there with her cheering him on. 😂

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Who does that?....  It's such a psycho thing to do!  🙄

Especially if you're in a plural family and even though they all say it doesn't mean anything we all know it does and Meri wanted to rub it in the other wives faces every opportunity she got.

She's such a nasty witch I don't feel sorry for her at all and in fact I'm enjoying her downfall.

Janelle is usually a slug with very little to say but her eyes lit up and she kept adding her 2 cents including access to the poop pond... To me It looked like Janelle was enjoying the whole scene... She's probably waited years for Kody to explode and tell Meri about herself and I was right there with her cheering him on. 😂

The Blonde Queen rises and exultantly lets her voice be heard.  I was cheering too when she let slip that tidbit about Meri not permitting the kids access through her unit enroute to Christine's for babysitting.  It was as if she had been waiting years for the chance to divulge and the poop pond gave her the perfect opportunity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The Blonde Queen rises and exultantly lets her voice be heard.  I was cheering too when she let slip that tidbit about Meri not permitting the kids access through her unit enroute to Christine's for babysitting.  It was as if she had been waiting years for the chance to divulge and the poop pond gave her the perfect opportunity.

Same here, I was also thinking of when Kody went off on the honeymoon with Robyn 

Janelle was pissed off and Christine was hurting big time, she had to endure a pregnancy and birth while her husband ran around on Cloud 9 with his new girlfriend and there was Meri smirking and enjoying how miserable they were.

I love that all Meri's conniving and games have come back on her and now she's the one who's hurting while Christine and Janelle are fine with everything and seem to prefer Robyn as HBIC.

You reap what you sow... and now Meri has a big old patch of skunk cabbage to wallow in 😂

• Love 14

Who does that?....  It's such a psycho thing to do!  🙄

It's not her marriage license - it's something called a "marriage certificate." A marriage license is a pretty boring looking legal form - like a birth certificate. The marriage license looked fancier to me - like a "suitable for framing" memento type thing. My cousin had something similar for her baby - there's was an official birth certificate but the hospital also gave her a "birth certificate" that she had a calligrapher fill in and then she framed it. It's purely decorative - it doesn't replace the legal document.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

The actual marriage certificate is a legal document from the state/city/county where the ceremony was performed and is much like a birth certificate.  The license is what you file to get legal permission from the government to marry.  The certificate is the proof the marriage took place.  Don't ever try to prove legal marriage with a copy of license.  It isn't.  Agreed though that people do sometimes do a fancy birth certificate that is decorative rather than legal and Meri may well have done the same for a decorative marriage certificate.

This is a big sore point for me as I used to work for a government entity where proof of marriage was frequently required.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same here, I was also thinking of when Kody went off on the honeymoon with Robyn 

Janelle was pissed off and Christine was hurting big time, she had to endure a pregnancy and birth while her husband ran around on Cloud 9 with his new girlfriend and there was Meri smirking and enjoying how miserable they were.

I love that all Meri's conniving and games have come back on her and now she's the one who's hurting while Christine and Janelle are fine with everything and seem to prefer Robyn as HBIC.

You reap what you sow... and now Meri has a big old patch of skunk cabbage to wallow in 😂

This is why I cannot feel empathy for Meri. While Kody may be a jerk, Meri has always been a conniver and when she gets caught, she plays victim. Every. Time. Nothing will ruin a relationship like a selfish manipulator who doesn’t get what they want  when they want it. For Kody’s part, he’s made everyone unhappy with this move  

The catfish mess added a bigger hole in an already sinking ship. 

• Love 15

I felt during parts of the counseling that Kody was writing revisionist history like Robyn's revisionist photo with Kody as her kids' dad.  He's been around Robyn so long with her whispering her stories in his ear that I think he's absorbed too much of what she's been telling him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Oh Meri you don’t see yourself as a victim, really? Really Meri? Didn’t you spend at least two seasons trying to convince The family and the viewing audience that you  were the victim of cat fishing and none of it was your fault?

Just this season didn’t you cry and say that your sister wives only want to see you to do fun things but don’t want to help you when you really need something? Didn’t you say no one calls you in flagstaff, didn’t you portray that Kody was giving you last choice on the land? 

Meri all you ever do is cry and act like the victim of the family!

• Love 19
(edited)
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It's not her marriage license - it's something called a "marriage certificate." A marriage license is a pretty boring looking legal form - like a birth certificate. The marriage license looked fancier to me - like a "suitable for framing" memento type thing. My cousin had something similar for her baby - there's was an official birth certificate but the hospital also gave her a "birth certificate" that she had a calligrapher fill in and then she framed it. It's purely decorative - it doesn't replace the legal document.

I never said it was her marriage license 

My point was she had something framed and hanging over her bed to make sure everyone knew she was the legal wife. 

Who does that other than a totally insecure bitch?

Robyn doesn't have hers hanging on the wall, no one does that except Meri, she's such a joke... Glad Kody finally kicked her ass to the curb for everyone to see. ❤👍

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spell hell lol
  • Love 10

Im watching Big Love on HBO way more realistic than this fake ass boring shit... heres an idea be real then you might be more believable. This season is crap! I don't buy any of it... fake fake fake 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I never said it was her marriage license 

My point was she had something framed and hanging over her bed to make sure everyone knew she was the legal wife. 

Who does that other than a totally insecure bitch?

Robyn doesn't have hers hanging on the wall, no one does that except Meri, she's such a joke... Glad Kody finally kicked her ass to the curb for everyone to see. ❤👍

I think with Meri it was a source of power and reassurance for her, she may not have had all the kids, but at least she had the legal marriage. I think she enjoyed lording it over the others and probably enjoyed displaying it, as a passive aggressive reminder to all (including Kody) that she was HBIC and his first love and they better not forget it. 

• Love 8

Tony, Logan and fiancee, Aspyn, Garrison, Hunter, and Paedon are or are likely employed by companies/organizations that DO have a say in whether they appear on the show. Also Garrison is now LDS and I doubt they would be enthusiastic about him being on the show. 

Where IS Paedon? Did he graduate high school? It seemed like he just disappeared one day, not that he really got all that much screen time to begin with. Does Christine only have 3 kids at home now? Why are these women renting such massive homes when most of them have fewer than 4 kids still living with them??? 

I'm super curious about the relationship between Logan and Kody. Logan completely disappeared from the show. He doesn't even do the stupid cameo appearance at Christmas. That can't sit well with Kody, who is super controlling (as therapist Nancy pointed out).

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Where IS Paedon? Did he graduate high school? It seemed like he just disappeared one day, not that he really got all that much screen time to begin with. Does Christine only have 3 kids at home now? Why are these women renting such massive homes when most of them have fewer than 4 kids still living with them??? 

I'm super curious about the relationship between Logan and Kody. Logan completely disappeared from the show. He doesn't even do the stupid cameo appearance at Christmas. That can't sit well with Kody, who is super controlling (as therapist Nancy pointed out).

I believe Paedon is in the Army? Reserves and is living in St. George with Mykelti and Tony.  Last week it was revealed on social media that 2 of Tony's friends are also living with them.

I guess $500,000 doesn't go far in the Flagstaff housing market, Christine purchased a house with 3 bedrooms and is overall smaller than her Las Vegas house.  She has assigned the 3 bedrooms to each of the girls still at home and is using the loft style family room as the master bedroom.  Most loft rooms are open to the level below, so this will somewhat restrict Christine in vocalizing her joy in having her "Wonderful Man" attend her bedchamber.  It would be unusual for a family room to have a full ensuite, so she is probably making-do with just a powder room up there, unlike Robyn, who was forced to buy a house with 2 master bedrooms.  Christine does however, have a full wet bar in her bedroom, complete with beer taps.

I don't know what the final straw was that caused Logan and Michelle to withdraw from family activities but they have been very low key even when they do attend.  They were at Aspyn/Mitch's wedding but in the background, the only action I saw from him there was when Kody made a nasty remark to him about enjoying an adult beverage.  IIRC, he was also in the background when Janelle was being packed out of Las Vegas but I don't recall any dialogue from him at that time.  Probably both Logan and Michelle are completing their Masters degrees this year at UNLV and I think Logan has worked for the university in some capacity all throughout his academic life.  When he was in high school his goal was to become a Physician Assistant, but that may have changed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I agree that shift from sister-in-law to sister wife dynamic would have awful for Meri. I actually feel some empathy for her when I think of her hearing that news and I have no doubt Kody was the one who decided that was happening and told her, without caring about Meri’s input to that. It obviously would have contributed a whole new factor of resentment (aside from the obvious factor of just adding a wife) given who Janelle was married to previously. That situation is a classic example of Kody being an insensitive moron who acts without thinking. 

on the day after Meri's birthday, yet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The Lehi house has it's issues and the only one who it really suited was Janelle.  Janelle had the whole left side of the house, up and down.  Meri had the top right and Christine the bottom right.  Janelle could go down to her bedroom area and no one would be traipsing through.  If Christine's family wanted to come and go they had to go through Meri's area.  In some ways that should have been no big deal - but reality is, she was the only one who had people walking thru their part of the house.  Everyone else had their separate area.  

• Love 9
(edited)
45 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

on the day after Meri's birthday, yet.

Ughhh why am I not surprised. 

33 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

The Lehi house has it's issues and the only one who it really suited was Janelle.  Janelle had the whole left side of the house, up and down.  Meri had the top right and Christine the bottom right.  Janelle could go down to her bedroom area and no one would be traipsing through.  If Christine's family wanted to come and go they had to go through Meri's area.  In some ways that should have been no big deal - but reality is, she was the only one who had people walking thru their part of the house.  Everyone else had their separate area.  

Didn’t the 3 apartments have their own separate entrances, (and kitchens, laundry rooms, and bedrooms), so each wife had her own space? I thought Janelle made it clear Meri didn’t allow the traipsing of her and Christine’s children through the middle apartment and they had to use the outside doors (even in winter), as the internal doors were presumably only for Kody (and Mariah probably) to use? 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Janelle did have the whole left side of the house and rightly so.  It was an inheritance of Janelle's that enabled them to buy it in the first place.  Utah City records show that the house was purchased in Janelle's name in 2007, then Kody was added to the title in 2009 and later in 2009 through to 2016, when it was sold, the records show that Janelle, Kody and Meri were all on title.

Looking at the cross section of the house, it appears that Meri had the same square footage as Christine, who at that time had 5 kids.  I could understand if Meri didn't want her unit turned into playground central but in the interest of family unity, it should not have been too much of an inconvenience for Janelle's kids to troop through Meri's to Christine's in the morning and again in the evening when Janelle returned home. 

I would bet that Meri didn't force Mariah to don winter clothes and boots to transit out her front door, down the exterior steps to Christine's unit when she could comfortably use the interior stairs to gain access. 

Edited by Sandy W
tried to void blank space
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 4/6/2020 at 12:39 AM, suomi said:

Who we see today is who she is and always has been. A greedy, domineering, selfish, dishonest, jealous, petty, vindictive, self-centered, emotional blackmailer. She is also a champion gas-lighter and excels at playing "get away closer" and "look how you've made me act.'

Kody said that he didn't really know Meri before they married.  So what he did was, he chose a young, malleable Kody-worshipping wallflower from a plyg family, married her, and then allowed her to run roughshod over Janelle for YEARS.  Meri might've been that awful person since birth, but at what point was it Kody's responsibility - as the self-proclaimed patriarch - to take Meri aside and squash that nonsense?  Clearly he never bothered.  I'm with the posters here who think that Kody got off on the tension between Meri and Janelle and had no intention of stopping it because it meant that two women were warm for his form and that's exactly what he wanted.  Meri is awful, but Kody let her act that way because it was easier for him.

On 4/6/2020 at 12:49 AM, taragel said:

Whoo they are exhausting even when they are being semi-truthful.

This is true, but man - I fill like maybe, just MAYBE - behind all the therapy-speak and word salads, we are finally getting some slivers of truth out of these bozos, which is what I wanted to see from season one.  Behind the mind-numbingly boring scenes of Kody going to visit his pillows, miserable and trapped in musty, stanky U-Hauls, we get crap like Kody telling Nancy that he will NOT be criticized and comparing himself to Jesus.  That is some seriouly messed-up cultishness there.  It's a disquieting glimmer into who Kody really thinks he is.

13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

For sure this is the case and I think it's hilarious.  Janelle has been freed by Meri's hard and deep plunge to the bottom of Kody's list.  No wonder Janelle has been so giddy - Meri's been put firmly in her place, and Janelle's daughter is providing Kody with the much-coveted grandchildren.  Aside from any actual physical connection between Kody and Janelle, these two might be in the best place they've ever been, and Janelle is eating it up with a spoon - alongside a baking sheet full of peanut-butter Fritos.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Pooky said:

Im watching Big Love on HBO way more realistic than this fake ass boring shit... heres an idea be real then you might be more believable. This season is crap! I don't buy any of it... fake fake fake 

Isn't it amazing how many storylines seem to come from Big Love.  It's like Kody saw the series and decided that he'd get a reality show to mirror it.  That was a great series--excellent acting, good story lines.  RIP Bill Paxton and Harry Dean Stanton.

• Love 12

I was a Big Love fan, too.  Especially the first three seasons.

What a snooze fest.  Robyn's kids don't have their favorite toys!  The horror!

Kootie, Meri, and Robo are three of the most toxic people on TV.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I firmly believe that Meri was the one who encouraged Kody to take a fourth wife, in order to make Janelle and Christine's lives miserable.  She seems spiteful.  That is probably what Kody was referring to when he said that he didn't know the type of person she was before he married her.  

• Love 11
On 4/7/2020 at 9:43 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Sadly, the one time she gathered her courage and was willing to consider another path, she was getting scammed and the whole Sam mess happened. Her “god” of a husband can’t seem to forgive her or make any attempt to understand the deep loneliness and hurt that could have caused this. Meanwhile, it’s just dandy for him to emotionally abandon and freeze out whatever wife isn’t pleasing him, and hole up with someone else. Why on earth does any woman cling to a situation based on a man’s “right” to manipulate people like this??

He reminds me in a way of men who tell their wives that they won't be able to find another man or survive on her own.  He doesn't want her, but he doesn't want anyone else to have her, because if she leaves it makes him look bad.  It is all about  him.    I truly cannot stand him.  I have yet to see the episode, but I haven't been impressed with the therapists that TLC finds who agree to filming.  This show would have been over seasons ago without the catfish.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
On 4/6/2020 at 12:49 AM, taragel said:

Oh and he's only with her because he once made a commitment to her that he now feels he never should have made. AND that was officially dissolved years ago when they DIVORCED. I mean aside from "for the show/TLC paycheck" there is absolutely no reason for them to prolong this.

My jaw dropped when he said (I'm paraphrasing) that he doesn't really want anything to do with her but he has a "moral obligation." In their religion that translates into being more God-like/closer to God. The fundamentalist Mormons believe (and I heard Meri say this as well) that a man having many wives brings them all "closer to God." For the most part, what Kody says was a bunch of word salad but I did extrapolate that he felt like he got ripped off because Meri isn't what she presented to be (I don't know many people who don't change throughout 20+ years together, esp when they started out together as teenagers); she is too defensive and he's sick of trying; and he's resistant to trying to fix anything. Way to be a pseudo-husband.

I can't understand for the life of me that the "only other option" for Robyn is a house halfway to Sedona. She says this pulling her usual constipated face. So because she absolutely must have 100 bedrooms, there cannot be a compromise of, say, having a little bit of a smaller house? 

And apparently, this season, no episode is complete without some sort of u-haul activity, a complaint by Kody about how hard it is to be "needed" by so many people; some education about labor and its terms (and a lot of predictions about when a baby will arrive, which all mean nothing); Meri discussing her "walls;" a tearful plea to God for a rental; and Christine gazing adoringly at Kody on the couch.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 4/6/2020 at 3:41 AM, Joan of Argh said:

The thing that got me was Robyn immediately blaming the bank situation on polygamy (always persecuted) when in reality the bank was probably making them jump through hoops because they have a history of shitty credit and bankruptcies.

UGH, yes. I have stated here before that their entire existence and reason for all their actions is based on their perceived victimization. That has become their knee-jerk excuse for everything they do(especially the stupid decisions like moving in the middle of the night).

I just finished reading Under the Banner of Heaven by John Krakauer (sp?) It explains very well how this mindset prevails.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I think with Meri it was a source of power and reassurance for her, she may not have had all the kids, but at least she had the legal marriage. I think she enjoyed lording it over the others and probably enjoyed displaying it, as a passive aggressive reminder to all (including Kody) that she was HBIC and his first love and they better not forget it. 

Wasn’t it displayed in her bedroom? Who would have seen it?

• Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well Kody for a start. It’s a nice little reminder for him of the one true marriage. Meri’s said before in an episode (and not in a salacious way 😉) ‘all wives are welcome in her bedroom when Kody isn’t there’ (the others had issues with other wives in bedrooms). Robyn has been filmed in there announcing her pregnancy, Christine was chatting to her in her bedroom once on her bed about her and Kody’s issues and the camera made sure to pan over it then...

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Unless you are REALLY close, sister wives don't go in each other's bedrooms.  There is no reason to.   

14 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Well Kody for a start. It’s a nice little reminder for him of the one true marriage. Meri’s said before in an episode (and not in a salacious way 😉) ‘all wives are welcome in her bedroom when Kody isn’t there’ (the others had issues with other wives in bedrooms). Robyn has been filmed in there announcing her pregnancy, Christine was chatting to her in her bedroom once on her bed about her and Kody’s issues and the camera made sure to pan over it then...

That's right.  Well I guess it it's for the cameras, then.  Because the camera crew was always present during those times.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Exactly... In the episode before this one Meri was packing her shit with Robyn and there it was... Robyn said they should both burn them and forget about it but oh hell no.... Meri made sure to say she was keeping hers and sure enough into the box it went.

She's such a weirdo, she'll probably wind up being an 80 yr old living at Lizzie's with her stupid marriage certificate hanging on the wall. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, the-grey-lady said:

Do I really have to admit the answer?

In my defense, I had to do something to get through this week's shitshow.

It’s for science

Frankly, I don’t know how anyone watches this show sober. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Unless you are REALLY close, sister wives don't go in each other's bedrooms.  There is no reason to. 

I tried to watch the first episode of a show on Netflix called One man three wives (or something like that). The wives were all in the bedroom with one who was delivering a baby; one of them was lying in the bed with her and caressing her face. In another scene there was a wife and a prospective wife on a bed together holding hands. Very odd.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I tried to watch the first episode of a show on Netflix called One man three wives (or something like that). The wives were all in the bedroom with one who was delivering a baby; one of them was lying in the bed with her and caressing her face. In another scene there was a wife and a prospective wife on a bed together holding hands. Very odd.

OK.  Well maybe they do.  I shouldn't try to speak for everyone. 

We didn't.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

she is too defensive and he's sick of trying; and he's resistant to trying to fix anything. Way to be a pseudo-husband.

He is nothing BUT a pseudo-husband and asshat father.  There was an episode when the boys were fighting and Janelle told him to do something, he was useless.  That's just one example.  The most egregious example is Truley and her illness.  Christine took her to the dr. without him.  We all know what happened.  Where was Kody?  Where he always is.  Some place else.

He is really lucky he found 4 women who are willing to settle for so little.  And this stupid fantasy about his kids and Christmas?  Good luck with that.  The older kids skeedadled as soon as they could.  The younger ones won't be far behind.

He is a huge failure as a husband and an even worse father.

• Love 23
24 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

OK.  Well maybe they do.  I shouldn't try to speak for everyone. 

We didn't.

But you didn't have a TV camera filming you either.  

That time that Meri and Christine were chatting, Meri was laid up with a sprained ankle or something she sustained in a skiing accident so she HAD to stay in bed.  Otherwise that convo would probably have occurred in a different room.

• Love 7
On 4/7/2020 at 9:08 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

Nit pick:  she's at least 3rd.  Aspyn is the oldest girl, and both she and Logan were content to toodle down the road to UNLV.  

Mariah lucked out because she was the princess, only child of the erstwhile HBIC.

Mariah and Meri always got what they wanted, Meri with her massive house and wet bar and I remember Mariah having a tanty over getting her way with College even thou it cost alot more. Shes a lying little b too shes not a doctor nor a polygamist, she said those were her reasons for that particular school and area. It was all to get her own way in my opinion

• Love 6
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I was a Big Love fan, too.  Especially the first three seasons.

What a snooze fest.  Robyn's kids don't have their favorite toys!  The horror!

Kootie, Meri, and Robo are three of the most toxic people on TV.

First time I've seen it and I'm only up to the end of season 1. The story lines seem way more realistic to me!! 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 8:43 PM, Sandy W said:

I don't have much of a problem with Meri not wanting the kids to keep trooping thru her unit.  It isn't like the children had to walk 5 miles uphill in a blizzard to get to  Christine's.   

On 4/8/2020 at 9:35 AM, CocoPuffs said:

Christine and Janelle are low self esteem-having, insecure doormats. People will do what you allow. They are both pathetic in what they have accepted as good enough in this family.

Robyn’s a gold digger. She wants the financial perks and the privilege of being the favored wife. And she is pretending this season to be so upset with Kody. I don’t buy it. Girlfriend, if that’s the best acting you can do, you will never get that Oscar. Try a little harder next season. 

Edited by Twopper
adding comment that Meri is also a doormat.
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I don't have much of a problem with Meri not wanting the kids to keep trooping thru her unit.  It isn't like the children had to walk 5 miles uphill in a blizzard to get to  Christine's.   

I was under the impression that it would be a twice daily event, mornings to go to Christine's for care and evenings when Janelle arrived home, after a full day working to contribute to the family finances.  Janelle not only had to prepare herself for work each day but in the winter, dress 6 kids to travel 30 feet or so, just so that Meri would not be inconvenienced.  It seems to me like a small concession to make in the interest of family unity and assisting Janelle in providing for the family.

• Love 8

I believe it would have actually have been Logan preparing the kids to go to Christine's.  He was the one who got the kids up and prepared breakfast.  Janelle got up and left to go to work before the kids got up.  At least that was what they showed us in an episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I believe it would have actually have been Logan preparing the kids to go to Christine's.  He was the one who got the kids up and prepared breakfast.  Janelle got up and left to go to work before the kids got up.  At least that was what they showed us in an episode.

You are right about it being Logan.  It still seems like an unnecessary burden to place on Logan for a few minutes of inconvenience to Meri.  Without Logan's help, Janelle may not have been able to go to work to supplement the family income.  She sure as hell couldn't count on bonus mom Meri to provide any assistance at all.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, KateHearts said:

.... and Christine gazing adoringly at Kody on the couch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Christine mixes that morning Kool Aid packet with a bottle of Vodka and two cups of sugar.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
On 4/6/2020 at 11:02 PM, Tuxcat said:

IIRC Maddie was working for <Meri when she was pregnant with Axel. Their real falling out occurred after Axel was born and Maddie was selling Lulu... Am sure there was bad blood before but thats when it came to the surface.

Was this played out on the show? Anyone know what the falling out was about?

On 4/6/2020 at 11:17 PM, AryasMum said:

This is a Bravo and reality TV problem in general. I had never heard of I’s until I started watching these shows.

The worst is when it goes another step further and becomes "Kody and I's relationship .." And on some other shows the prevailing painful error is "me and my mom are headed to Houston."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

It's a common theme on the Janelle thread how lazy she is and how she gives all this nonsense advice on healthy eating and exercise when she clearly doesn't follow it herself.  Do you not think that it was as tough for Meri to live with Janelle's laid back attitude as it was for Janelle to live with Meri's controlling attitude?  Maybe one gave rise to the other, like the chicken and the egg debate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

It's a common theme on the Janelle thread how lazy she is and how she gives all this nonsense advice on healthy eating and exercise when she clearly doesn't follow it herself.  Do you not think that it was as tough for Meri to live with Janelle's laid back attitude as it was for Janelle to live with Meri's controlling attitude?  Maybe one gave rise to the other, like the chicken and the egg debate.

Remember when Janelle was frozen in overwhelming indecision whether to buy a knickknack at a gift shop?  I would have taken charge and dominated the kitchen, too. Good heavens!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Add to this Kootie's apparent enjoyment of the "wives" in conflict with each other, and his complete refusal to take any responsibility for their mental and emotional well being.  I can just see him strutting around like a king, smirking his cruel smirk, as he watched the two of them struggle, without the slightest bit of compassion for either of them.  

I can't stand Janelle or Meri, but they have completely incompatible personalities and living together must have been torture for both of them.

• Love 15