Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: World’s Worst

• Start Topic

The queens must flex their comedy improv skills when they audition for the new TV show “World’s Worst” - a talent show for people with little talent. Olivia Munn (X-Men: Apocalypse) guest judges.

Airs March 13, 2020.

I think this episode was definitely re-edited.   Sherry Pie was barely in it and I was surprised that she was even in the top.  I was fully expecting Heidi to win.

Hopefully this is an indication of how the future episodes will go.

• Love 10

So Aiden gets put on a team with two alleged assault perpetrators who both potentially bully her. What a feel-good hour of TV considering what's going on in the world this week!

Ornacia helped, as did Heidi Looking for a New Drag Name.

The gap between Brita's confidence and her abilities is about 150,000 times bigger than the gap between Heidi's teeth. Get over your damn self!

I'm hoping for redemption for Crystal and more Gigi in the next episode.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I think this episode was definitely re-edited.   Sherry Pie was barely in it and I was surprised that she was even in the top.  I was fully expecting Heidi to win.

Hopefully this is an indication of how the future episodes will go.

I was trying to remember if Sherry Pie got any talking head solo comment moments during this episode— I don’t think she did.   I bet you’re right and those are all chopped off on the editing room floor, because she got a lot of them a couple of weeks ago in that first episode.

Plus, when she won they just showed her saying “thank you” quickly and then moved on— I don’t remember the show ever doing that before where we didn’t see the winning queen talking with the judges about winning, etc.  And I don’t think we heard much from her in Untucked.  I’ll bet this is a sign about how they handle her in future episodes.

Liked that they’re apparently donating her $5000 to the Trevor Project.

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 8

Ornacia as a judge was everything!

The three queens with one brain act was so painful to watch. I agreed that Aiden was the weakest character in their skit.

The fruit group should have been an easy win but they really got dragged down by Dahlia's terrible broccoli.

The Del Rio trio was fun. You'd think it would be hard to have 1/3 of their group essentially not participating while they Weekend at Bernie's-ed her, but it ended up working really well. Heidi was the surprisingly funny one so I'm glad that she got to show that side of her personality.

I thought the girl scouts were a little too unfocused. I agreed with the judges about Crystal's makeup being really distracting. I get having a signature look but if you're doing a group challenge, it's really noticeable.

Dahlia was driving me crazy in the workroom. LITERALLY. This is a huge pet peeve of mine and I genuinely do not understand why people feel the need to insert the word "literally" into every sentence.

Jaida's Barbie runway look was cute overall but not a wow look.

Dahlia's outfit looked good from a distance but as the camera got closer, I was much less impressed. Her dress looked like a piece of fabric wrapped around her. It was a shinier version of my towel when I get out of the shower. When she turned around and we saw the back of her outfit, it looked like something that would be made in a "make your own outfit" challenge by someone who can't sew. I liked the bunny ears headpiece though - it was fun and whimsical. And her makeup was really beautiful.

Rock M's Alice in Wonderland look was instantly recognizable but not an exact replica of the original. I thought it was a fun interpretation.

Jan's voodoo look was avant garde and memorable. I loved the giant bow on her head and the stitches.

Heidi's Pinocchio look was too basic. It looked like a Halloween costume you would buy on Amazon at the last minute.

Gigi's orange look was great. It takes a lot to cover an entire outfit with buttons (and she managed to do it without making it look crafty in an amateur way). Loved the head to toe orange. Her makeup was beautiful too.

Jackie's outfit looked like a cross between a children's pageant dress, Mary Poppins on acid, and a hodown costume. I liked that she used a lot of bright colors though.

Widow's clown look was definitely different. I liked that she had a lot of colorful buttons on a black background so that the buttons were really visible.

Crystal's pink outfit made her look like a giant gift wrapped present. I was sure the judges would complain that the loose trapeze top didn't give her any shape.

Nicky looked gorgeous and chic as usual. Her take on Cinderella was really fun. I loved the giant button fascinator made out of hair, and the measuring tape strap was a great touch.

Aiden's look was way too plain. It was a boring dress with 20 bows glued onto the top.

Brita's pink look was fine but I wanted more.

Sherry Pie's creepy doll/Whatever Happened to Baby Jane look was very bold. The giant button eyes were super creepy.

It looked like Dahlia did not know all the words (or is just not good at lip synching). I was glad when Nicky removed her fascinator because it was blocking half of her face.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

I'm very curious whether they're donating $5,000 instead of giving it to Sherry, or if the money to the Trevor Project is in addition to Sherry's win.

I didn't think Sherry had any business winning. Heidi killed it, IMO. Sherry just said her words in time with the others, and made some wacky faces.

I'm really starting to suspect that Sherry was cast with the specific intention that she'd be the first "big girl" winner. There goes that, huh?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

This was certainly the World's Worst episode of Drag Race.  Holy shit was that boring.  Even the lipsync.  And most of the outfits sucked, with the exception of the 23,000 buttons dress and I the one with the scary face mask (I think it was Jan).  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Loved Ornacia as a judge!

From my 9 year old:

’Mommy, it’s Ornacia. Love her! I think that Vivacious was really under appreciated.’

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

I was trying to remember if Sherry Pie got any talking head solo comment moments during this episode— I don’t think she did.   I bet you’re right and those are all chopped off on the editing room floor, because she got a lot of them a couple of weeks ago in that first episode.

Was just reading on Twitter that certain countries (UK and Australia I think?) got a different version of the episode - with Sherry Pie talking heads and a clear "winner's edit".  Can anyone confirm this?

1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

I didn't think Sherry had any business winning. Heidi killed it, IMO. Sherry just said her words in time with the others, and made some wacky faces.

This really shows the magic of editing.  Not sure I would want to do this but... if there are two different versions, it might be interesting to compare the two to see if Sherry came across as a stronger contender for this episode's win.  (And of course, it starts to make you question how truly "good" or "bad" the contestants are relative to each other vs what the show portrays.)  Overall, I thought the 3 Girls, 1 Brain concept was the weakest of the four and wasn't surprised when it felt underwhelming.

11 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

I'm hoping for redemption for Crystal and more Gigi in the next episode.

I don't know what it is about Crystal but I really like her.  Maybe that she comes across as really sweet?  It sounds she mainly needs to find a way to make her signature makeup more versatile.  Hopefully she can figure it out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Was just reading on Twitter that certain countries (UK and Australia I think?) got a different version of the episode - with Sherry Pie talking heads and a clear "winner's edit".  Can anyone confirm this?

This really shows the magic of editing.  Not sure I would want to do this but... if there are two different versions, it might be interesting to compare the two to see if Sherry came across as a stronger contender for this episode's win.  (And of course, it starts to make you question how truly "good" or "bad" the contestants are relative to each other vs what the show portrays.)  Overall, I thought the 3 Girls, 1 Brain concept was the weakest of the four and wasn't surprised when it felt underwhelming.

I don't know what it is about Crystal but I really like her.  Maybe that she comes across as really sweet?  It sounds she mainly needs to find a way to make her signature makeup more versatile.  Hopefully she can figure it out.

Crystal is a gem.  She’s a genuinely sweet, lovely human being.

• Love 5

There are still too many queens for my middle-aged brain to keep track of, so I totally lost who's who between the skits and the runway. That orange suit was gorgeous, and so I was shocked to not see it in the top, but then figured maybe the queen was in that god-awful nut butter sketch. (*crickets* to every one of Ross' set-ups, so sad.)

I'm probably looking at her presence with jaded eyes, but Sherry Pie just ain't cutting the mustard for me. The outfit last week looked like a first grader's project on weather. And how did she win this week's challenge? The Del Rio Trio was one of the funniest things I've seen on any season of this show. The physical comedy, timing, and energy were all perfect, and hope all three are still around for the talent show/roast episode.

Was living for ORNACIA!

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

There are still too many queens for my middle-aged brain to keep track of, so I totally lost who's who between the skits and the runway. That orange suit was gorgeous, and so I was shocked to not see it in the top, but then figured maybe the queen was in that god-awful nut butter sketch. (*crickets* to every one of Ross' set-ups, so sad.)

The Del Rio Trio was one of the funniest things I've seen on any season of this show. The physical comedy, timing, and energy were all perfect, and hope all three are still around for the talent show/roast episode.

This will make you even more shocked, but the orange suit was worn by Gigi who was in...The Del Rio Trio!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Interesting. I have to wonder if maybe Sherry had some funny moments in the sketch that were shown in those other countries, but not in the US. What was shown in the US was nothing terribly special.

I was kind of shocked that Ru was willing to get rid of the most openly "mean" girl first. Dahlia was the obvious choice to go, so in a way her hands were tied - but she's certainly made terrible judging decisions in order to keep shit-stirrers in the competition in the past.

• Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 12:54 AM, Aerobicidal said:

So Aiden gets put on a team with two alleged assault perpetrators who both potentially bully her. What a feel-good hour of TV considering what's going on in the world this week!

Aiden chose the others on her team.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:22 AM, bobbyjoe said:

Liked that they’re apparently donating her $5000 to the Trevor Project

Not her $5000. She won that.  They donated an additional $5000.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Am in the UK, where it's released on Netflix. I don't think we did get a different version. I can't remember any Sherry Pie talking heads, and I don't think that anyone got a winners edit or any extra focus in fact. That's probably why it was such a boring episode. 

• Love 1

I don’t get why they were calling Aiden such a weak link... she was fine in the performance, at least just as good as the other two. I mean, their storyline wasn't great for improv when they all had to talk in unison or whatever.... and they totally ignored her idea that they should be bad at talking at the same time, which probably would have been funnier... 

i wouldn’t have minded ru saying top and bottom groups because they were all over the place and hard to know who they thought did well. The fruit and the Girl Scout ones were so bad! But also some of the roles were better than others, though I think Rockem did well with the orange and have it more character... they can’t just rely on the description provided to give them all of their ideas. 

The sherry pie stuff sucks but I’m glad they didn’t cancel the season over it.

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 5

The maxi challenge was overproduced, unfunny, and felt like it was a skit on some Nickelodeon kids show. I'm sure a lot of these queens are talented, but this was not enjoyable.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Not her $5000. She won that.  They donated an additional $5000.

Do you know for sure? Often on shows with cash prizes you don't get it until the episode airs. Given that they established she's been disqualified before this aired, I would've thought that meant she's not actually getting any money she won in any challenge. The donation disclaimer made it ambiguous as to whether it's in addition or instead of, but the disqualified bit, to me, implies SP doesn't get any prizes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Do you know for sure? Often on shows with cash prizes you don't get it until the episode airs. Given that they established she's been disqualified before this aired, I would've thought that meant she's not actually getting any money she won in any challenge. The donation disclaimer made it ambiguous as to whether it's in addition or instead of, but the disqualified bit, to me, implies SP doesn't get any prizes.

Don't know for sure. I feel that if the producers could say they hadn't/weren't going to give her the prize, they would have figured out a way to get that message out.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2020 at 1:22 AM, bobbyjoe said:

I'm pretty sure Sherry got her 5k and the show is just matching her winnings to donate to charity.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:02 AM, Blakeston said:

I'm not feeling Heidi has much as you all are. I think she was doing her own thing in the skit, whereas Jackie was holding up Gigi AND speaking for Gigi. Heidi was too busy doing her own slapstick.

I love her new name, though. Heidi Ho is a PERFECT drag name. 

On 3/14/2020 at 10:02 AM, Blakeston said:

I'm really starting to suspect that Sherry was cast with the specific intention that she'd be the first "big girl" winner. There goes that, huh?

The things Sherry did are disgusting and I hate her for it, but I can see how she could have won this whole thing. I think she's very talented and all her costumes look so professionally done.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, gorgy said:

The maxi challenge was overproduced, unfunny, and felt like it was a skit on some Nickelodeon kids show. I'm sure a lot of these queens are talented, but this was not enjoyable.

I used to be a camp counselor years and years ago.  They almost all reminded me of the skits the kids would do.  Kind of dragging, with no real story line or point and without that there was no real way to wrap it up. 

• Love 10

Aiden's look was way too plain. It was a boring dress with 20 bows glued onto the top.

How did she not go this episode? That look was awful, she was so-so in her skit and she apparently can only say, "Werk."

Happy to see Ornacia.  I like when Ru does stuff like that, almost like a test to see if we're paying attention.

Every time I see Brita as a boy I think she is George Lopez.

I think Niki is an adorable boy but in drag--does she not paint any eyebrows or something--she doesn't look that great-looks alien.

Heidi needs to win Miss Congeniality.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

So ... I know it's an unpopular view, but I think that maybe WOW needs to not re-edit the show to delete Sh***y Pie.  (please read those asterisks as the letters -itt-, as intended) if only because it would keep the wins from looking like total arbitrary choices from out in left field.  When she won this epi, all of us on my virtual watch party were in a state of total "WTF??"

- virtual watch party... everyone watching at their own home and reacting in a group text... it was fun, not the real thing, but fun nonetheless.

• Love 2

Ornacia!! My queen! Don't ever stay away as long as you did. Can Ornacia guest star on every episode this season? Ru? Pleeeeaaaase.

This must be a talent of mine because I can totally block Sherry Pie from my tv screen, I just register a fuzzy blob in whatever colors she's wearing. 

I agree with Ross being the real winner of the maxi challenge and Charo of course was darling (luv. her.). The meh performances in this challenge is making me wish seeing how Bianca & Alaska & Ginger & other talented, quick witted queens would have fared in this challenge. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I think Niki is an adorable boy but in drag--does she not paint any eyebrows or something--she doesn't look that great-looks alien.

Honestly, I feel the exact opposite with Nicky. I think she's gorgeous as a woman, but her eyebrows as a man freak me out.

• Love 3

Brita just keeps running her mouth. She thinks she is great but her talent is so below that of the other queens. She's just loud and obnoxious. I am glad she got voted off tonight. Her nasty personality needed to leave.

I really like Heidi's personality. I hope she can improve for better reviews. She is great to have in the show.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2020 at 11:27 PM, Gwennie said:

Brita just keeps running her mouth. She thinks she is great but her talent is so below that of the other queens. She's just loud and obnoxious. I am glad she got voted off tonight. Her nasty personality needed to leave.

I really like Heidi's personality. I hope she can improve for better reviews. She is great to have in the show.

Dahlia was kicked off this episode, not Brita 🙂 .