Type keyword(s) to search

Evil Twins: Days Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

They play sisters.

The show is about evil women who have run a candy company for hundreds of years which has been successful because of a "special ingredient" they put into their candy.  And branches of the family fighting for control of the special ingredient.

One character was strangled with a licorice rope and then made into candy.

• Love 3

They play sisters.

The show is about evil women who have run a candy company for hundreds of years which has been successful because of a "special ingredient" they put into their candy.  And branches of the family fighting for control of the special ingredient.

One character was strangled with a licorice rope and then made into candy.

I don't know how I feel about this. It sounds like it could be campy and trashy yet entertaining. Or it could be a disaster. 

Alisha Boe who played Daphne, Paige's friend, has a recurring role as Becca on Casual, a HULU series that just started yesterday.

Also, Julia Maria Berman, the old Lulu on General Hospital plays Leia, a more substantial role.

They're both excellent.  

Not exactly a star, but as Rick Kitchen confirmed upthread, the Chase Jennings actor is playing the son on The Grinder. I was not sure at first it was the same kid, but he is pretty good. His hair is darker, sort of red, and he looks looks like he has grown a bit, he really does not look lke Aiden's casper-kid. Since he probably last filmed on DOOL in maybe late spring and these shows are maybe a few months old it makes sense that he looks older and healthier.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 2

I was scanning and I guess Allison S cohosted The Chew today.  She looked adorable.  I caught her last week there nervously cooking a pork loin.  She talked about a made for tv movie, Murder She Bakes.  The clip didn't look that good since I'm used to her handling grittier fare on Days. 

And the other week old Chase got a really great review in The Grind.  It looks like they gingered him up a bit to get him to show on camera.  I see the show most weeks, he is doing really well.  I wondered for a minute if he scored the new show, put in his notice, and that's why the kids were SORASED prematurely. 

I might have said this before, but Blake Berris played a guy in the bar on The Big Bang Theory when Leonard and Penny weren't together but decided to go out and flirted with other people. 

Edited by QuelleC

She talked about a made for tv movie, Murder She Bakes.  The clip didn't look that good since I'm used to her handling grittier fare on Days.

Those movies are based on a positively horrible series of cozy mystery books.  I'm glad AS has found success outside of Days but wish it were playing someone other than the odious Hannah Swensen.  I'm a mystery junkie but can't bring myself to watch the movies, as I came to despise every character in the series except for the two cats.  Another reason not to watch?  Cameron Matheson plays one third of the most ridiculous triangle you can imagine.

Anyhow, good to hear about little Chase!  I liked that kid quite a bit and miss him and Lauren Boles.

• Love 4

So the webcomic Breaking Cat News is in its current Christmas story line. Burt, the AV Cat, has already shown that he watches a show called 'Our IX Lives.'

In the current strip, the robber mice are tuning into the latest episode and we're introduced to one of the stars. Kit Chase... who is so obviously Steve 'Patch' Johnson... well, look at it!

• Love 3

Jen Lilley has a movie called The Spirit of Christmas, airing on the Lifetime network on Dec 19.

Watched this last night, and I thought she did a good job. It was nice to see her outside of Days - her character wasn't as... volatile as Teresa, and IMO she carried the movie rather well. Also a plus, it wasn't quite as schmaltzy as most other holiday movies. I'd say it's worth a watch, fwiw.

• Love 2

Watched this last night, and I thought she did a good job. It was nice to see her outside of Days - her character wasn't as... volatile as Teresa, and IMO she carried the movie rather well. Also a plus, it wasn't quite as schmaltzy as most other holiday movies. I'd say it's worth a watch, fwiw.

I've got it on right now. JL is doing very well! She has such beautifully expressive eyes.

So HELLOOO tall, dark and handsome!

• Love 1

Just noticed that Alison Sweeney's movie "Murder, She Baked: A Chocolate Chip Cookie Mystery" is on CTV (in Canada) tomorrow night (Sat Jan 2).

Description:  A baker in small-town Minnesota turns amateur sleuth after finding her friend and delivery driver shot to death behind her shop. Based on the novel by Joanne Fluke.

Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison, Barbara Niven, Mark Jean, Nancey Silvers

Edited by buffynut

I had nothing better to do last night, so I watched Alison Sweeney's movie.   Definitely a light, fluffy story.  Kinda like Nancy Drew in a bakery. Except Nancy Drew was a teen and Hannah a grown woman.   It wasn't beyond horrible, but certainly not a means to show her dramatic acting abilities.

It is a Hallmark movie.  I'd love to watch it because cozy murders are my jam and I like AS ... but I've read most of the books in the series and came to dislike nearly all the characters, especially Hannah.  And it's hard to believe that someone as beautiful and sexy as AS would be cast as Hannah anyway, since in the books the character is a prim frump who wears elastic-waist pants and is in a non-sexual triangle with two men who are best friends with each other.  Cameron Matheson is also no draw for me.  I may watch a few minutes of the new movie to see if the characters are written as oddly for tv as they are in the books. 

Seriously, when I read the first book I had to keep checking the publishing information to see if it had been a reprint from an earlier era.  It actually had been written in the 1980s but sounded so dated because the author was writing from a highly idealized 1950s perspective.  The last few books I read were just vehicles for the author's cookie recipes and she STILL had the three principle characters in a bizarro triangle after YEARS.   If I weren't a completist I would've stopped after the second book. 

Too bad Hallmark didn't pick another mystery series to dramatize and for AS to star in (there are many other, better series they could have chosen from), because then I could watch without bitterness.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 1