Type keyword(s) to search

Evil Twins: Days Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Side note, Alison Sweeney's character in the Hallmark movie It's Time for You to Come Home for Christmas has a son named Will. It amused me, though I'm easily amused.

Ali commented on that a while back - and I noticed that Chandler liked it:

I must be easily amused, too, plus I thought it was really sweet all around. 😊🥰

• Love 3

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2020/0...ohnson-in.html

The Young and the Restless' Tyler Johnson In New Lifetime Movie!

The Young and the Restless' Tyler Johnson (Theo Vanderway) stars in new Lifetime movie. Get the details here--->>

This Sunday, The Young and the Restless actor Tyler Johnson (Theo Vanderway) will be in a new Lifetime movie called Adopted in Danger.

Written Carrie McCrossen and Ian McWethy and directed by Craig Goldstein, the movie also stars Allison Paige (Days of Our Lives), Jason Brooks, Sarah Aldrich, Christie Burson and more.

In this movie, when a DNA test helps Candace connect with her birth parents, she realizes some family histories are better left untold.

Adopted in Danger was previously called Killing Your Daughter. It airs on January 26 at 8/7c on Lifetime.

%22
  • Useful 1

Not sure where this belongs, but I had a fun twitter exchange with Eileen Davidson today. (PSA: I'm angry on twitter a lot, and not as nice in general, lol, so if you are also there and follow me, you'll see a lot of angry political posts. I know that's not everyone's thing.)

image.thumb.png.eb9d12a18ad0e2bc23e0d5d9f97aa0a4.png

• Love 3

Eileen Davidson and Galen Gering Join the Cast of Blake Berris’ Upcoming Film, ‘Fangirl’

February 12, 2020 

From the creative mind of former Days of our Lives star, Blake Berris (Ex-Nick Fallon), comes the new movie entitled, Fangirl!

As previously announced, Berris has written and will also star in the film that is currently having its crowdfunding campaign on Seed & Spark.

Fangirl is about a woman named Mercy who, while in a pivotal point in her life, decides to travel to her first soap opera fan event to meet her favorite actor, played by Berris.  The dark comedy takes place over 24 hours, mirroring what happens at a real fan event, including those VIP dinners, cocktail parties and more.

Joining the cast of Fangirl are two daytime drama notables! Two-time Daytime Emmy winner, Eileen Davidson (Ashley, Y&R and Ex-Kristen/Susan, DAYS) who will be taking on the role of Katherine Close.  According to the character description: “Katherine is the queen of daytime, beloved by fans.  She’s elegant, soulful, and whip smart. And she’s not afraid to put her fellow cast mates in their place.”

In addition, Galen Gering (Rafe, DAYS) will be playing the role of Ethan Cruz Jr.   He is said to be an “extremely popular actor on a soap opera. Even though he has a sordid past, Ethan has an ease with his role in daytime that contrasts Blake’s anxious relationship to the show and whether he should stay on it.  Ethan attends the after hours VIP party where things get wild.”

Eileen and Galen join another former DAYS favorite, Shawn Christian (Ex-Daniel) as part of the dark comedy.   Christian is playing the role of Victor Darling.  And, Victor is “the big draw at the event and has an ego to match. Victor has no problem using his clout to seduce certain fans.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2020/02/days-of-our-lives-lamon-archey-lands.html

Days of Our Lives' Lamon Archey Lands Role on The CW's All American!

Days of Our Lives' Lamon Archey (Eli Grant) lands role on The CW's All American. Get the details here--->>>

Photo Credit: D'Andre Michael

Days of Our Lives actor, Lamon Archey (Eli Grant) will be lending his talents to The CW's All American for a guest-starring role.

Archey is set to play D'Angelo Carter in the episode titled Decisions. When Spencer hears that South Crenshaw may turn into a magnet school, he and his friends decide to do something about it, but he might have bigger problems to worry about; Billy makes a decision about his future that surprises everyone; Jordan makes a Hail Mary in his personal life.

All American is an American sports drama television series, created by April Blair that premiered on The CW on October 10, 2018. The series is inspired by the life of professional American football player Spencer Paysinger with Daniel Ezra in the lead role. The series got a second season which premiered on October 7, 2019. In January 2020, the CW renewed the series for a third season.

Please tune in to Archey's guest appearance on March 9, 2020.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2020/0...ord-lands.html

Days of Our Lives' Matthew Ashford Lands Role on NCIS!

Days of Our Lives' Mathew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) lands role on NCIS. Get the details here---->>

Days of Our Lives' Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) is set to guest star in an upcoming episode of NCIS.

The episode is titled Schooled and is the 18th episode of the 17th season. It is the 396th episode of the entire series.

Ashford will play Rick Martel in the episode written by Kate Torgovnick May and Steven D. Binder and directed by Alrick Riley. In this episode, the team searches for answers when the body of a well-regarded Navy technician in the Reserves is found floating in a lake where a popular community event is being held while Sloane is caught off-guard when her daughter, Faith, makes an unexpected request.

The episode airs on March 17 on CBS at 8/9 PM ET/PT!

There is a YT account called World Review that shows stars from any given show or movie and how they look in the present day. Well, their latest upload was for the 1981 movie, Stripes, with Bill Murray and John Candy, among others. Apparently, Conrad Dunn (formerly George Jenesky) who played Nick Corelli on Days, had a role in the movie! His before picture, I recognized right away. The after, not so much, but just because he looks so much older. To me, he still looks good! If anyone is curious, here is that video. Conrad/George is at the 5:36 mark. (Just before him is another former soap star, Roberta Leighton, who I believe played Nikki Newman's sister on Y&R!)

On 2/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, boes said:

Fangirl is about a woman named Mercy who, while in a pivotal point in her life, decides to travel to her first soap opera fan event to meet her favorite actor, played by Berris. The dark comedy takes place over 24 hours, mirroring what happens at a real fan event, including those VIP dinners, cocktail parties and more.

Calling it a dark comedy once is description; twice hints at desperation. A third would qualify it as a screaming trainwreck.

• LOL 1

I watched that movie years ago and I don't remember him being in it I'll have to check again.

Yes Roberta Leighton played Casey, Nikki's sister.

She also had a bit part on Days way back when as Ginger Dawson in the early 90s she was Molly's mother. 

9 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She also had a bit part on Days way back when as Ginger Dawson in the early 90s she was Molly's mother. 

Now I'm mad at myself for forgetting that! I remember Ginger and Molly well. And Ginger's romance with Brian Scofield, Vern's older oddball cop son! I recall Brian always had his German Shepherd (?) dog with him. That's something you no longer see on soaps. Pets. Made it seem more like a real slice of life...

ETA: Regarding Conrad Dunn, the video says the character's name was Francis "Psycho" Soyer. I have only seen bits of this movie. Vudu gave it away for free one Memorial or Veterans Day recently, so I grabbed it since I like John Candy and Bill Murray, but I have yet to watch it.

Considering all of the big names listed in the above video along with Leighton and Dunn, I'm guessing Dunn's character was minor, so maybe blink and miss.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes I miss pets on soaps made characters more human which is ironic since in RL I'm not a pet person. 

The last one I think Days had was Nicole's dog Pookie.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1

I just saw a movie I recorded on UPtv called Tomboy and Sal Stowers (Lani) has a secondary role. She was just as boring in this as she is on Days and I ended up ff’ing her storyline in the movie. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I just saw a movie I recorded on UPtv called Tomboy and Sal Stowers (Lani) has a secondary role. She was just as boring in this as she is on Days and I ended up ff’ing her storyline in the movie. 

She just isn't an actress.

• Love 4

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/deadly-expose

Their Killer Affair

Detective Maxine “Max” Peyton has been enlisted to investigate the murder of a member of Adeline Lilly–a website dedicated to matching married adults together who are looking to cheat on their spouse. Perplexed by a charm left on the corpse, Max wonders if there is more to this case than a simple murder. It’s not until more dead bodies show up with similar charms that she is certain that Adeline Lilly users are being targeted and murdered based on their sexual fetishes. When the “hack-tivist” group Incognito releases the names of all Adeline Lilly users, Max has to act fast to figure out who is behind these murders before more bodies pile up. Melissa Archer, Alyshia Ochse, Brandon Beemer, Lauralee Bell star. (2020)

I saw Olivia Rose Keegan(Claire) on an old episode of Modern Family. The funny thing is I remember watching this episode but not the fact she was in it until I saw it again tonight. She played this girl Simone that Luke asked out via Facebook and they met at a pizza place but their parents are the ones who were talking to each other to set up the date. She looked about 13/14 here.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2020/11/casey-moss-film-last-champion-gets.html

Casey Moss' Film "The Last Champion" Gets Release Date!

0  Wednesday, 18 November 2020

Casey Moss' Film "The Last Champion" Gets Release Date! Get the details and the trailer here--->>

Casey Moss (JJ Deveraux, Days of Our Lives) is playing the role of Scott Baker in the film, The Last Champion set to be released on December 8, 2020.

When his mother dies, scandal-ridden ex-Olympian John Wright returns to a hometown that has not forgiven him in this new film directed by Glenn Withrow. The film is written by Withrow and Hallie Todd and stars; Cole Husler, Sean H. Scully, Annika Marks and more.

%22
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2020 at 2:36 PM, Lastwaltz said:

Not sure where this belongs, but I had a fun twitter exchange with Eileen Davidson today. (PSA: I'm angry on twitter a lot, and not as nice in general, lol, so if you are also there and follow me, you'll see a lot of angry political posts. I know that's not everyone's thing.)

image.thumb.png.eb9d12a18ad0e2bc23e0d5d9f97aa0a4.png

Ha!

Glad she's not cool with that story either....

• Love 2

I had 100% forgotten that Jackée Harry (Aunt Paulina) was Rodney Dangerfield's assistant coach in the '90s sports comedy "Ladybugs"!  She looked great and was great in a movie that has not aged well AT ALL. 

• Love 1