Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: The Dex Files

• Start Topic

Dex's former client Jeremy introduces her to Major Elders who has intel on Benny's death. Dex, suspicious of the information and looking for answers, investigates a potential cover up involving Benny's unit in Afghanistan. Elsewhere, Hoffman and his partner, Lee, work closely on a sting operation which shockingly involves a familiar face. Meanwhile, Grey's newfound relationship with his father is tested.

Airing Wednesday, March 18, 2020.

Poor Tookie. And of course Grey’s father flaked out on him. 

Benny was definitely trying to tell Dex something before she hung up on him. I hope it doesn’t turn out he was doing something shady. Aside from running off on his wife and daughter, of course. 

I like Hoffman and Lee; they have good chemistry. 

Wonder who grabbed Dex. The guy who’s laptop she bugged? 

Edited by phalange
  • Love 6

I don't know which pain and disappointment is worse: the kind that Grey felt when his dad did exactly what he knew he would do (promise to be there and not show up) or the kind that Tookie felt that completely blindsided him. I did laugh when among the assets that Tookie said he would lose or have to split with Laura, he included his expensive olive oil.

Nothing that Laura said was untrue, but that still doesn't make what she did okay. Her first step should have been saying all of those things to Tookie BEFORE sleeping with someone else. Yes, he was spending a lot of his time on the food truck, but I don't think he realized just how much time and he definitely didn't realize how it was making her feel so he didn't know that there was anything to fix.

At last we meet the Benny who has been driving so much of the storylines and relationships between the characters - and he seems pretty awesome.

Sadly, Dex blamed herself for his death because she thought he was coming to propose. Now that she's beginning to uncover the truth, she's going to continue to blame herself but now it will be because she realizes he needed to tell her about the jam he was in and she refused to listen to him.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 12

I hate to be superficial but Lee is a very attractive woman. I kinda figured they would ship Hoffman off with her at some point, which means Hoffman's gonna be in supporting character land while i'll have to skip past Dex and Grey's will they won't they crap.

Oh and I felt bad for Tookie.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 4

Who wears watches these days. Anyone? Or just old rich guys. Everyone I know, including me, checks time on their phone. That the women would be targeting men to steal their watches was all 1950s. More likely they would steal their phones and empty their wallets and take credit cards. But I'm not writing for this show.

I lost all interest in Mrs. Tookie when she blamed Tookie for her catting around. Hey lady, you've got a voice, why not tell him. He's at the food truck making a living wage so you can afford your lipstick and high heels. Does Mrs. Tookie have a job? Or does she just roll drunken men. She could have been helping at the food truck if she loves Tookie so much. Mrs. Tookie, you are dead to me. (TM Mr. Wonderful)

I don't give a care about Miles and his sexy partner. They can screw around all they want, just keep them both off of my teevee screen. I don't like either of them.

Benny is all kinds of awesome and so very good looking, too. He needs to be on my teevee screen as much as possible.

I have to say, Cobie Smulders is one VERY good actress. I love watching her, she is selling Dex 100 percent.

Ansel continues to rock. And I saw Jake Johnson on Kimmel's show; he was so funny and a great interview, never mentioning anything he was plugging, like this show. He appears to be a great human as well as a fine actor.

But: Whose house was it that Dex broke into? Who was the guy on the floor? That part lost me. I just hope maybe Benny is still alive somewhere ... besides in my head!

I really liked this episode.  I could do without the Tookie marital drama - I don't care at all about that.  But otherwise, I felt it was a solid episode.  Love Benny.  They can put more of him on the screen anytime.  I actually liked the mystery/investigation into his death.  But please, no more Dex emotional flashbacks closing her eyes while she's driving scenes. 

I like Miles & Lee together, too.  They have good chemistry, and it's very believable.  But I hope the writers don't try to shoehorn in a "he's still pining for Dex" or "Miles and Dex get drunk and have sex" plot.  Just let Miles & Lee be a couple.

I'm a bit confused about the now dead former squad member.  Dex wonders about where he got a fancy knife, but doesn't wonder about the palatial mansion? 

OK, so the entire squad was dirty, except for Benny, and he was killed because he was going to rat them out.  That's pretty much established, right? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Who wears watches these days. Anyone? Or just old rich guys.

Rich young guys, too.  Of which I am not (disclaimer).  It's more of a status symbol, much like jewelry.  "Watch me check the time on my $10,000 Rolex" plays a lot better in their eyes than pulling out the cell phone like the ordinary people do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ansel was the MVP of the episode. Loved seeing him be a good friend to Grey.

Overall, this show just... never really fires on all cylinders, does it? The acting is good, most of the characters are fairly likeable and/ or compelling, the writing on an episode-to-episode basis isn't terrible, but they seem to have issues with plotting. I feel like most the story arcs we've had so far got solved too quickly, to be replaced with yet another, usually even more over-the-top arc. The fact that as soon as Dex started to break into the house, I knew she'd find the guy dead, and the fact that we had the same exact ending earlier this season (albeit with Grey getting grabbed and not Dex) is... not good.

But: Whose house was it that Dex broke into? Who was the guy on the floor? That part lost me. I just hope maybe Benny is still alive somewhere ... besides in my head!

The squad-mate of Benny's that she'd gone to visit earlier in the episode, who she now thought was dirty. TJ.

46 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I'm a bit confused about the now dead former squad member.  Dex wonders about where he got a fancy knife, but doesn't wonder about the palatial mansion? 

I thought she was looking up his property/ mentioned the ginormous house in the scene in the bar later when she was asking Miles to look into him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

It's more of a status symbol, much like jewelry.  "Watch me check the time on my $10,000 Rolex" plays a lot better in their eyes than pulling out the cell phone like the ordinary people do.

That's so funny. It reminds me of some years ago, I was having lunch with an old friend who literally is a millionaire. When I checked the time on my old worn-out Timex,  she took that moment to stick out her arm and say, "See my watch? It's a Rolex." I looked at it and sort of shrugged. I had and still have no idea what a Rolex looks like and was very unimpressed and didn't give a care what brand her watch was. Maybe I'm the minority, but I still don't care what brand any watch is. A $5 Walmart watch works fine IMO, although I am sure my wealthy friend does not agree.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Ansel was the MVP of the episode. Loved seeing him be a good friend to Grey.

I thought Grey was a good friend to Tookie as well, talking him down like that. Especially because they don't always have the strongest relationship (Tookie generally drives Grey nuts, LOL). So it was really sweet that he went out there to see how Tookie was doing.

I loved Ansel being so watchful around Grey, too.

RE: Tookie. Man, that scene where his wife is going on and on, apologizing and "explaining," and Tookie's just staring forward, broke my heart for him. He adored his wife, he was always talking about her so fondly. Apparently (and unfortunately) she didn't see it.

• Love 11

Who wears watches these days. Anyone? Or just old rich guys. Everyone I know, including me, checks time on their phone. That the women would be targeting men to steal their watches was all 1950s. More likely they would steal their phones and empty their wallets and take credit cards. But I'm not writing for this show.

I lost all interest in Mrs. Tookie when she blamed Tookie for her catting around. Hey lady, you've got a voice, why not tell him. He's at the food truck making a living wage so you can afford your lipstick and high heels. Does Mrs. Tookie have a job? Or does she just roll drunken men. She could have been helping at the food truck if she loves Tookie so much. Mrs. Tookie, you are dead to me. (TM Mr. Wonderful)

I don't give a care about Miles and his sexy partner. They can screw around all they want, just keep them both off of my teevee screen. I don't like either of them.

Benny is all kinds of awesome and so very good looking, too. He needs to be on my teevee screen as much as possible.

I have to say, Cobie Smulders is one VERY good actress. I love watching her, she is selling Dex 100 percent.

Ansel continues to rock. And I saw Jake Johnson on Kimmel's show; he was so funny and a great interview, never mentioning anything he was plugging, like this show. He appears to be a great human as well as a fine actor.

You hate the MIles character but think Jake Johnson is the salt of the earth. Why doesn't that surprise me.

18 minutes ago, mommalib said:

You hate the MIles character but think Jake Johnson is the salt of the earth. Why doesn't that surprise me.

Maybe you are not surprised because Miles is a made-up imaginary character with dialogue written for a teevee show while Jake Johnson is an actual real human who appeared on a talk show, and I enjoyed his interview. Maybe I would like the ACTOR who portrays Miles if he appeared on a talk show. I just don't care that the show writers have him hooking up with his partner. It holds no interest for me. YMMV of course.

Please note I do not "hate" the Miles character. I just don't give a care about him or his story line. As for "salt of the earth" ... I prefer my salt in a shaker, not the earth or on any person's body.

Edited by saber5055
Because punctuation is important.
  • Love 2

So was Benny the only one killed in the bomb attack?  If the rest of the squad was dirty and he was killed to prevent him from telling, was there any collateral damage?  It may have been mentioned on the show if there were other casualties but I don't watch that closely.  It would seem unusual I would think to have just one person killed in a bomb attack.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chaifan said:

I really liked this episode.  I could do without the Tookie marital drama - I don't care at all about that. 

But all that coincidence made convincing Franco Lopez a lot easier...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't think I have ever in my entire life seen anyone actually sniff the shirt they are wearing then immediately take it off and toss it in the washer.  Yet, that is a TV trope that is shown all. the. time.  Of course it helps, if you have a young, good looking, ripped guy doing it.  They would never shoot a scene with Tookie doing the same thing. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, edhopper said:

I wear a watch. Easy to just bend a wrist than pull phone from pocket. And analog watches are better visual indications of time than digital. Chart vs just numbers.

I love jewellry and always wear a watch.  I would so much rather look at my wrist than fish for my phone in my purse, which could take 1-2 minutes in itself.  Sometimes it's so hard to find my keys in my purse when I get home I have to dump the whole thing out on the floor.   And a lot of women don't have pockets on our clothes, so our phones wouldn't be there either.

A lot of people who are wealthy, or simply love jewellry in general, wear watches.

For example, I watch Real Housewives, and I'm always coveting the watches they wear.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

For example, I watch Real Housewives, and I'm always coveting the watches they wear.

Find some ripped guy to date drug one of the RHs and steal her watch for you.

Hey, it could happen!

2 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I don't think I have ever in my entire life seen anyone actually sniff the shirt they are wearing then immediately take it off and toss it in the washer.  Yet, that is a TV trope that is shown all. the. time.  Of course it helps, if you have a young, good looking, ripped guy doing it.  They would never shoot a scene with Tookie doing the same thing.

Thank goodness I've never seen it in the laundromat, but then again, if Benny wants to frequent the 'mat I use, please, feel free to sniff and toss.

Edited by saber5055

This was kind of odd.  It's like they felt like they needed a case of the week, so they gave it to Hoffman and Lee.  They did have some lead up to Hoffman and Lee as a thing in the last episode where they were together, so I wasn't surprised by the end.  I second the hope that this doesn't lead to Hoffman pining over lost Dex and losing Lee.

It seems like Hoffman is a lot less tense in conversations with Lee than he is with Dex.  I don't know if that's a deliberate choice by the writers or just different chemistry.

At the end I was waiting for a pan down to show that the unit member had been killed with Chekhov's knife.

7 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

I thought Grey was a good friend to Tookie as well, talking him down like that.

That was probably my favorite part of the episode.  Both of them had such painfully real let downs, and it was good to see a little companionship between them.

4 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I don't think I have ever in my entire life seen anyone actually sniff the shirt they are wearing then immediately take it off and toss it in the washer.

I thought that was a pretext for him making a move.

Edited by MisterGlass
Spelling
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, chaifan said:

When she called Miles over, she had a picture of his house up on her computer and was asking him to investigate how he bought it with cash.

Helllloooooo, Benny! Damn!

I know it's supposed to be a flaw in Dex's personality, but I still cringe when she pushes people away who like her and genuinely want to help her. When she took advantage of the dude and tried to hack the military guy who also only wanted to help her, I was yelling at her to stop. When she's on a mission, nothing and no one matters. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FinnishViewer said:

Lots of people also wear smartwatches nowadays. So, no, not everyone have stopped wearing watches.

Yeah. They can save your life if they have a cardiac monitor. Some have EKG.  I know two people who got to the hospital just in time due to watch warnings. 

• Love 5

Can someone help explain Benny's timeline. He and Dex dated before he got married and had a child, correct? But then Dex joined the military and Benny left his wife and kid to follow her to Iraq (or wherever)? Did he get a divorce first? Did he date Dex after that and she left for the military anyway? She found a ring and thought Benny was going to propose, but didn't she find the ring after she came back stateside? So how could he be proposing on that military base? Weren't they stationed near each other, or on the same base? If so, why didn't he just walk over to her barracks?

I like that Dex appears to wear Cobie's real clothes, like her t-shirt with the frayed neck in this episode. She dresses like a real person, not an actor who is dressed by the Wardrobe Dept.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

When she called Miles over, she had a picture of his house up on her computer and was asking him to investigate how he bought it with cash.

I meant while she was at the house.  She pulls up, is wandering around this mansion and comments on the knife?  No comments like, hey dude, nice mansion, post-war consulting work (or whatever it is he claims he does) must pay really well.   She didn't even look surprised when she pulled up. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I meant while she was at the house.  She pulls up, is wandering around this mansion and comments on the knife?  No comments like, hey dude, nice mansion, post-war consulting work (or whatever it is he claims he does) must pay really well.   She didn't even look surprised when she pulled up. 

Agree about her not looking surprised, but maybe she knew the neighborhood?

As for not saying anything to him, it appears she didn't want to give it all away. Ask him about something small and gauge his reaction.

But at least she did take note and was silently assessing things.

Did he get a divorce first?

I'm assuming so, since she says, "You have a wife and kid," and he makes a pointto say EX wife. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah. They can save your life if they have a cardiac monitor. Some have EKG.  I know two people who got to the hospital just in time due to watch warnings. 

Also FitBits are kind of like watches, aren't they?  And we know how popular those are.

Here's a crazy story about how a FitBit allowed the police to track a woman's killer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/03/us/fitbit-murder-arrest.html

Sorry, that has a paywall, but you can Google "FitBit killer" if you're interested.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2020 at 12:36 PM, saber5055 said:

Can someone help explain Benny's timeline. He and Dex dated before he got married and had a child, correct? But then Dex joined the military and Benny left his wife and kid to follow her to Iraq (or wherever)? Did he get a divorce first? Did he date Dex after that and she left for the military anyway? She found a ring and thought Benny was going to propose, but didn't she find the ring after she came back stateside? So how could he be proposing on that military base? Weren't they stationed near each other, or on the same base? If so, why didn't he just walk over to her barracks?

I like that Dex appears to wear Cobie's real clothes, like her t-shirt with the frayed neck in this episode. She dresses like a real person, not an actor who is dressed by the Wardrobe Dept.

I think they dated in college? But then his mother didn't like her / think she was right for the family, and he decided to do his duty and broke up with Dex. So he got married and had a child, and Dex ended up joining the military. Eventually he realized he couldn't stay in the marriage and got a divorce and joined the military after Dex. But I don't think they had contact, I'm pretty Dex has been clear that she didn't ask him to join, and that he didn't leave his family for an affair with her.  The video chat gave me the impression that although on his end he wanted to get back together, she didn't want to be responsible for breaking up the family/marriage.

• Love 7
On 3/20/2020 at 2:26 PM, Sweet Tooth said:

I'm assuming so, since she says, "You have a wife and kid," and he makes a pointto say EX wife. 

Dude knows it is dumb to buy an engagement ring for Person A while still married to Person B

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2020 at 12:16 PM, saber5055 said:

Who wears watches these days. Anyone? Or just old rich guys.

I do and I'm not an old rich guy.  It drove me crazy one week when I forgot to pick up my watch when I had to go on a business trip.  It was a royal pain to have to dig my phone out of my pocket everytime I wanted to know the time.  

Glad we finally got a few scenes with the famous Benny!  

eta: my ex-husband would never wear a watch and would be constantly be asking for the time, and that was before cell phones were very common and after they were.

Edited by Linderhill
  • Love 4
On 3/19/2020 at 3:02 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sadly, Dex blamed herself for his death because she thought he was coming to propose. Now that she's beginning to uncover the truth, she's going to continue to blame herself but now it will be because she realizes he needed to tell her about the jam he was in and she refused to listen to him.

I'm guessing it will turn out that he just wanted her to have the info in case he was killed, and that there was nothing she could do that would have prevented it. This outcome just seems to fit with the narrative they are spinning. It allows for all kinds of forgiveness, redemption, and character development (unlike IRL where people and situations rarely change) as well as mystery solving and the real bad guys getting caught.
The 7th and final season of Monk had a similar resolution to the death of his wife, but rarely do such drawn-out stories work.
In The Mentalist, I hated that they dragged out the death of his wife with the elusive killer arc for as many seasons.
I will be glad if the next episode wraps the Death of Benny arc.

After I started carrying around a cellphone, I stopped wearing watches, but...

On 3/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, saber5055 said:

A $5 Walmart watch works fine IMO, although I am sure my wealthy friend does not agree.

heh. Throughout the 90s and into the early 2000s I only wore  $5 Walmart watches. I even bought new batteries for them for $3 at Walmart. 
Only $5 Walmart watches had large enough, legible (Arabic) numbers on a face small enough to lay flat on my narrow wrist bones, and they had faces that could light up in the dark if I wanted to check the time in the middle of the night. And the bands were made of links that could be removed to fit my ridiculously skinny wrists.
No high-price watches worked for me.

I know nothing about fancy watches, but having been a reference librarian for over 20 years, I serve up to y'all this 2019 article from gentlemansgazette.com/rolex-watches-are-they-worth-it:

. . . Finally, let’s talk about Rolex as a status symbol. I believe there are very few things under $10,000 that carry the same weight and status as a Rolex does. It absolutely has a reputation as a status symbol in the business world and outside but it also goes both ways. For example, if you’re an intern at a law firm or anywhere else and you show up in your dad’s gold Rolex Daytona, that may actually work against you. In that case, it’s not worth investing in one if you piss people off. On the other hand, if you’re closing million-dollar deals left and right, a Rolex is a good indicator of success and will probably help you make more business than a Fitbit would. I’ve talked to quite a few people and they definitely said when their counterpart saw the Rolex on their wrists, they were taken more seriously.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

So, we finally meet Benny's and he is admittedly awesome - but awesome enough to screw up Dex for 12 years? And now show has piled even more guilt on Dex. Girl, go and get yourself some therapy! It's all very tragic but also predictable and I worry how the show will proceed once it's forced to put Benny to rest for good.

Although I keep repeating it: I miss the humor that made the grim and dark stuff more bearable in earlier episodes. Right now Ansel is the only beam of light in the show.

Other predictable stuff: Tookie's wife and her 'book club' and Grey's Dad being a douche. Also: I kept saying that I'd like to see more of Hoffman's partner but that's not what I meant!

And yeah, I wear a watch (not a Rolex) faster than digging into my purse when I want to know the time. 

• Love 2

So Grey, Dex, and Tookie were all in a big "who had the crappiest day" contest, and I am not sure exactly who won yet. I feel like this is just going to make Dex feel even more guilty about Benny dying, now that she knows he was actually trying to (probably) tell her something really important, something that probably got him killed, and she hung up on him. Of course it isnt really her fault, she didnt know what was actually going on, but thats really going to mess her up even more. She is already breaking laws, taking risks, and burning bridges left and right, and now its just going to get worse. Provided she gets out of this most recent scrape of course! 

I dont know what worse, being totally blinded sided by being let down by someone you love like Tookie, or having them just confirm that they are the same person the always were, like Grey. Tookie looked so heartbroken at the station, it was just so sad, he seemed to love her so much and have much faith in their marriage. Also, maybe an apology in there somewhere Laura? Instead of just going on and on and making excuses for cheating? If she was feeling lonely in her marriage, thats the time to have a conversation with your spouse, not to go out to a sex club! The scene with him and Grey was really nice at least, it was very sweet and understanding of Grey to give him a pep talk, while also being honest about how much the situation sucks. 

Grey really got his hopes up, which is even harder because it took him so long to accept that his seemingly improved dad wanted to be his father again for real, after being resistant to the idea, then feeling like it was really happening, and then his dad failed to come through, just like he thought originally. Ouch. At least he had Ansel around, who was being awesome and supportive, but without hovering or trying to force any awkward conversation which Grey is clearly not ready to have. 

So we finally meet the famous Benny, and he actually was a really cool guy it seems like. And he was seriously ripped as hell, and comes with his own kickin 90s soundtrack (so much Pearl Jam!) as well! He did seem to make some mistakes with his romantic life, but from what he saw, I dont think he would have been dirty over in the war. So was he the only person killed in his company in the attack? Yeah, that does seem pretty weird, I would be suspicious too. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm guessing it will turn out that he just wanted her to have the info in case he was killed, and that there was nothing she could do that would have prevented it. This outcome just seems to fit with the narrative they are spinning. It allows for all kinds of forgiveness, redemption, and character development (unlike IRL where people and situations rarely change) as well as mystery solving and the real bad guys getting caught.

I agree. They wouldn't be going this in-depth, just to have it end with Dex fully realizing that yep, she could have totally prevented Benny's death. She has to understand that it was just something that happened. And I'm hoping she stops drinking her feelings away once she accepts the truth, because her liver can't be in a good state. She's pretty young, and if she keeps drinking like this, her insides won't look too pretty.

Though I also believe, as someone else stated, there's a chance Benny is alive. They've introduced his character to the show, and it seems to me that there's a reason for that, but I could be wrong. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Though I also believe, as someone else stated, there's a chance Benny is alive. They've introduced his character to the show, and it seems to me that there's a reason for that, but I could be wrong. 

I hadn't considered that, but now, having seen the actor, it seems like a good idea.

6 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Though I also believe, as someone else stated, there's a chance Benny is alive. 

That would mean a massive conspiracy and coverup- fake funeral etc... - with no purpose. TJ was so obviously dirty, Benny would not need to testify...TJ would rat out anybody higher up the food chain...  

3 hours ago, paigow said:

That would mean a massive conspiracy and coverup- fake funeral etc... - with no purpose. TJ was so obviously dirty, Benny would not need to testify...TJ would rat out anybody higher up the food chain...  

I guess I'm just following that old TV rule...unless you actually SEE the person die, there's always a chance.

I'm just saying if he knew someone did try to kill him, maybe he thought it best to let them think they succeeded.

And I don't know...isn't this based on a comic book? They're always resurrecting people in comics, no matter how ridiculous the circumstance.

DISCLAIMER: I have not read the comics, nor do I know anything about them. I'm just talking comics in general.

For example. Arrow spoiler alert:

Spoiler

They resurrected pretty much everyone on that show at the end, including a baby had in an alternate timeline.

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I hadn't considered that, but now, having seen the actor, it seems like a good idea.

I second that. More Benny, please!

Edited by Sweet Tooth
  • Love 1

But didn't we see Benny die in Dex's arms in a flashback? I thought so but maybe it was just her sobbing among the debris and finding the ring and my stupid brain adding more drama - if so I'm also Team BennyLives.

Edited by MissLucas
On 3/19/2020 at 1:40 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Overall, this show just... never really fires on all cylinders, does it? The acting is good, most of the characters are fairly likeable and/ or compelling, the writing on an episode-to-episode basis isn't terrible, but they seem to have issues with plotting. I feel like most the story arcs we've had so far got solved too quickly, to be replaced with yet another, usually even more over-the-top arc. The fact that as soon as Dex started to break into the house, I knew she'd find the guy dead, and the fact that we had the same exact ending earlier this season (albeit with Grey getting grabbed and not Dex) is... not good.

I feel the same away about the show as I'm still waiting to be wowed by at least one episode this season. They do have a solid cast of characters who have interesting points of views but the writing & plotting as you mentioned leaves a lot to be desired IMO. It's not the actors fault who are all doing a fine job with what they are given.  And the comedy overtones are fine with me as well as the musical choices that pop up in each episode, so it all comes down for the execute of the overall story arc for the season.  I'm hoping the writers can fix that next season and plot a more interesting arc as I do hope it gets renewed for another season. This could be a really good show IMO. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Thomas Crown said:

I feel the same away about the show as I'm still waiting to be wowed by at least one episode this season. They do have a solid cast of characters who have interesting points of views but the writing & plotting as you mentioned leaves a lot to be desired IMO. It's not the actors fault who are all doing a fine job with what they are given.  And the comedy overtones are fine with me as well as the musical choices that pop up in each episode, so it all comes down for the execute of the overall story arc for the season.  I'm hoping the writers can fix that next season and plot a more interesting arc as I do hope it gets renewed for another season. This could be a really good show IMO. 

I thought so too, but I think it has finally lost me.  I went off the Dex character a while ago, Grey is boring, Grey and Dex are boring, and Michael Ealy and his partner getting together was too predictable.....it is missing something and I can't put my finger on it....

On 3/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, Linderhill said:

I do and I'm 

eta: my ex-husband would never wear a watch and would be constantly be asking for the time, and that was before cell phones were very common and after they were.

My ex-husband did the same thing.  Annoyingly as hell, isn't it 

Edited by Brookside
Yes, autocorrect, I meant hell, not he'll.