Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Bianca & Brogan

And again we had an insecure (former) fat girl catfish. Yawn.

If there ends up being another season I may not watch. It's almost always "Surprise! I'm a fatty!!!" and that's getting really old. Give us more Kidd Cole-style catfish! I want serious psychos....not insecure losers.

• Love 2
(edited)

Was it just me or was Bianca giving her mother serious side eye when mom was patting herself on the back for accepting Bianca's coming out? I would swear I saw "bitch please" flash across her face.

Question about those gauges, is there anyway to undo that? Say you wake up tomorrow and say "meh, I'm over this". Can you tie all of that earlobe in a knot or something and have it shrink back?

Edited by Brooklynista

Any piercing stretched out that large cannot be undone without surgery. What I wonder is wouldn't they be uncomfortable to sleep on? I mean I have gauges in my ears as well, but nowhere near that size. Mine still look like normal stud earrings, except they're a 4G.

Tia seemed to have a vocal fry, which drives me insane. I do not think that I would put her in the fatty category. I thought she looked pretty good weight wise.

I hated the Selita ride along. I love Nev and Max together. I like seeing more of them and their comments and reactions. I felt like that got cut short with Selita there. 

I hope Bianca gets out of her small town, because I think she would find her place in any medium to big city. 

I did not watch Chatfish, were they still in contact with each other?

• Love 4

They hadn't talked since the events of the episode and it was REAL AWKWARD on stage. Maybe save a happy ending for the season finale? Oh wait, there kind of haven't been any.

The Miranda and Cameryn/Gabby episode might qualify for a happy ending. Maybe.

Ugh, Selita. Normally I hate the Nev/Max couch time because until this season they rarely held the catfish's feet to the fire but Selita was really obnoxious. Is she promoting something? The whole guest star role was bizarre.

Anyone else wondering if this show has enough steam for a season 4? I think it ran it's course last season, but maybe the ratings are good enough to warrant another. I mean clearly most of the people on it now are famewhores but some, like the Dee Pimpin and actor Justin episodes, were hilarious.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh, Selita. Normally I hate the Nev/Max couch time because until this season they rarely held the catfish's feet to the fire but Selita was really obnoxious. Is she promoting something? The whole guest star role was bizarre.

Anyone else wondering if this show has enough steam for a season 4? I think it ran it's course last season, but maybe the ratings are good enough to warrant another. I mean clearly most of the people on it now are famewhores but some, like the Dee Pimpin and actor Justin episodes, were hilarious.

Since the show's a ratings hit (at least I think it is), they'll definitely keep it going.

And I agree with you about Selita. It made no sense for her to be there, and Nev and Max have a good dynamic. And did you see the "outtake" of her on the after show? They said it showed her "sweet" side. I thought it showed her show-offy side.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 2

I vote that if there's a fourth season, they're only allowed one remorseful fat girl episode. This show is gold when it deviates from the expected.

I only half-watched toward the end and I didn't watch Chatfish, but did they explain her sudden year-long absence at all? I originally thought it may be the girl in the pictures because a pregnancy would be a good explanation, but they seemed to just drop it, I didn't hear them ask her about it.

She did look a lot like the Brogan pictures facially though.

Do NOT do the ride along crap again show, I did not like having Selita butting into everything, & I thought she took away from the story we actually turned into to watch. As for the story itself, it was boring, it wasn't even an interesting catfish.

• Love 6

I only half-watched toward the end and I didn't watch Chatfish, but did they explain her sudden year-long absence at all?

Bianca asked her what happened, and she said that she was scared she'd be rejected. They didn't address it any more than that (including the aftershow).

Was it just me or was Bianca giving her mother serious side eye when mom was patting herself on the back for accepting Bianca's coming out? I would swear I saw "bitch please" flash across her face.

Not just you. I saw the same thing, like maybe mom's self-congratulatory reform story is not really all she claims it is.

This story was a lot like the one a couple of weeks ago, with "kind, understanding, dog-loving military guy" and "dog-loving woman traumatized by previous abusive relationship." In that one, a lot of folks seemed sympathetic to her, and to think that she was forgivable and not a bad person, and that maybe the two of them could actually have a future if she really is getting counseling, etc. Yet this week, I'm not seeing that response, and I don't think the stories are that different. I'm not saying the reaction is right or wrong, but I think it's interesting that the stories look so similar to me and yet the reaction seems so different. I'm not understanding why Tia comes off any different than Megan.

A very long time ago, I was in a (real, in person, living together) long term relationship with someone who lied to me and betrayed my trust a lot. When I figured out what was going on, I was really upset. I still loved her (there were other things going on and a history that built up some good will as well) so I would probably have stayed with her if she'd been committed to dealing with the issues and insecurities that led her to lie to me. As it turned out, she wasn't interested in changing, so the relationship ended. To this day, I don't know if it would have been the best thing for me to stay with her if she had wanted to change. Part of me thinks trust can be rebuilt and people can learn and grow from their experiences. Another part of me thinks: holy shit, I deserve better and that shit is quicksand; It's a good thing to just move on and find somebody who you can relate to without going through that kind of shit.

Without knowing what exactly was real between two people, I guess it's impossible to know whether it's worth them trying to salvage around the wreckage any particular betrayal. If Bianca was truly only liking "Brogan" because of the belief that they both had piercings and tats, she's probably as superficial as anyone, so not in that much of a position to judge (she didn't come off that way, but you never know-- appearances can be deceiving and they didn't tell us what else the couple shared). On the other hand, I totally get that you can't trust a liar and someone who would fail to see you as a person with real feelings, and would be fucked up enough to manipulate you like that, regardless of the reasons. But if there was more to the relationship than talking about body modification, if they really shared anything honest, I can also see how she might want to work around Tia's trauma/recovery process and see what's left. So if it had gone that way, I would not necessarily have thought she was wrong.

It looks to me like a lot of it was just that they both were under duress and needed someone to accept them. Now that Bianca's leaving Hateville, maybe she doesn't need that so much anymore, and can find it where there's not a history mixed with betrayal. And hopefully Tia really is getting her shit together and not just pretending to, in which case she can probably find other friends, too.

One way of looking at this is that Bianca got genuine acceptance for who she really was, because she was honest and Tia was still interested in her -- on that level, it was not a game. And at the same time, Tia did not get real acceptance from Bianca, because Bianca didn't know who she was, and rejected her when she found out. Again, I'm not saying Bianca should have done differently-- maybe she would have accepted Tia if Tia had been honest, and maybe someone who lies and manipulates you deserves the censure they receive.

But it does seem like maybe it would be good if Bianca realized that despite how traumatizing it was for her to be lied to, Tia did actually like her for who she was. And maybe that takes some of the trauma out of it. When she goes into the world now, thinking about how she was accepted might be as much or more of a helpful lesson than only thinking about how she was lied to.

I was very distracted by the question of whether Max might really be leaving, and if they are seriously considering giving Nev a female co-host "to bring the female point of view"-- and for reasons I don't understand, I was hoping not. I mean, why do I care? I have no idea.

As far as the question of "evil fat people" is concerned, I am starting to wonder if the hatred of fat people is so virulent in society that it's really making a significant percentage of fat people literally dissociative and flat out crazy. I mean, there is clearly hatred of lesbians in some places, as demonstrated by what Bianca dealt with in her hometown. But there is also a pride and liberation movement going on, and momentum for social change in this area. You can plausibly imagine getting to a better situation, when you hear the Supreme Court rule for marriage equality, and there are signs of hope in other ways as well.

But if you're fat, you probably don't think that if you just move to San Francisco you will be able to live without shame and find acceptance and love. I'm starting to think the show needs to do PSAs about "fat acceptance" (not weight loss-- that is already being advertized enough that I'm pretty sure everyone the show unearths already knows all about it and if they felt it was an option they would have already pursued it) the way shows that feature related issues sometimes do PSAs for how to get help for domestic violence or suicidal gay teens. Or maybe they can give away free copies of FAT!SO?, or pass out leaflets for NAAFA or ISAA, or the link for http://ssbbw-magazine.com .

I had to do some research to find those references.

OKCupid did a survey of their members a few years ago, and discovered that there was a significantly higher level of "fat acceptance" among lesbians than other site users. In my experience (being a lesbian in a relatively high-density lesbian community that also has lots of non-lesbian people in my life) this is true in the world outside OKCupid as well, but there is still a lot of body shame and weight-anxiety even among lesbians. Still, I find myself astounded by the frequency with which this show features fat catfishers, and unless they are actually deliberately selecting cases featuring "fatfish" I find it quite alarming to see how big a deal being big seems to be in the minds of everyone involved-- and it really isn't just the catfishers who feel this way; we've all seen the looks of shock and horror and the rapid attitude changes from hope to disgust on the part of the fishees when the meetings finally happen.

I wonder if there are people with other "non-model" bodies (like amputees, burn survivors, or the very short or bald) who use this same tactic, and the show doesn't do their stories? Is it only fat people? If so, why???

Obviously any catfisher is going to be someone who has something they think they have to (or want to) hide. But there being SO MANY fatfish just strikes me as more and more either bad editing or a serious cultural comment. I know lots of fat people and more than enough liars, and in my daily life I don't think the two groups overlap in any noticeable way. But this show makes it seem like a serious correlation exists. It's either very obnoxious or seriously chilling.

• Love 4

Is it really that complicated? The world is an easier place for thin, attractive people, including the ability to get dates. People like pretty things and pretty people. Fat people are ostracized, ridiculed, and often bullied, which makes them more likely to stay home, isolate themselves, and turn to the online world for social interaction and connections. When they create fake profiles to meet/talk/flirt with people , why do you think they use pictures of attractive, skinny people? So they'll get a response. So they won't be rejected and ignored like they are in the real world. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that so many catfishes are fat/obese. Nor do I think it's producer manipulation. I think it's a real reflection of society.

• Love 15

I don't think fat people are evil. But anyone (fat or not) who uses someone else's pictures to purposely deceive or manipulate someone into a relationship is an asshole. I don't care what their past is like. Or the excuse they use. Nobody wants to be romantically involved with a liar.

I am just surprised there is still so much fat people hatred in general, because obesity and general fatness is more prevalent in society than it has ever been. Sooooo many people are fat. I see them everywhere.

• Love 2

I hated the actress/model "Max 2.0" so much I cringe-watched the entire episode. I couldn't concentrate on the episode because my brain was praying they aren't getting rid of Max. I love the chemistry of Nev and Max together doing their thing and honestly, if there is a Max-less season to come, I'm not watching. I watch this show more for the bromance than the Catfishing.

• Love 6

And I agree with you about Selita. It made no sense for her to be there, and Nev and Max have a good dynamic.

My theory is that the producers found out that Tia had lost weight, so they wanted a skinny model along to make her look fatter; they've been all about sticking to the "formula".

I hated the actress/model "Max 2.0" so much I cringe-watched the entire episode. I couldn't concentrate on the episode because my brain was praying they aren't getting rid of Max.

The Chatfish audience had a very negative reaction when Nev floated the idea. Regardless, I doubt we'll be seeing Selita again. I noticed that her subtle invitation to call her Lita was ignored, and she was pretty obnoxious, although I liked when Tia went off on her when she started trying to build up Bianca as some downtrodden person that anyone should feel especially ashamed about victimizing (there was absolutely no call to drag in race).

Am I overthinking things, or was the opening "cherry chapstick" conversation a Katy Perry-ish hint that this episode was going to involve a lesbian relationship?

• Love 2

Tia needs to seriously re-think her tongue piercing.  That thing was messing her speech up so badly that she was barely understandable at times during the show and aftershow.  I was hoping the problem during the show was that it was a new piercing and she was still trying to adjust to it, but it was just as bad, if not worse, during the Chatfish show. 

• Love 2

I disliked Selita as well. I like the way Nev and Max gently or harshly prod the catfisher as needed. She seemed tone deaf as to how to pull a story out of someone who has been through some stuff. When she mentioned David Spade I made such a loud ugh sound, I woke up my cat.  

• Love 4

My theory is that the producers found out that Tia had lost weight, so they wanted a skinny model along to make her look fatter; they've been all about sticking to the "formula."

Honestly, I think that's a reach (as to the casting of Selita). I think it's more about celebrity casting, and Selita wasn't exactly a random choice (her claim of people stealing her likeness on the phone or in pictures? Yea, right!). She and David Spade made a parody video of Catfish on Funny or Die - that explains his seemingly pointless phone call. If it was also in part an audition of sorts to replace Max as he moves on to directing, I hope not! I love the two of them together! And I like Max's edge. The show doesn't need a female co-spy/co-star just because every other show does this.

• Love 2

My theory is that the producers found out that Tia had lost weight, so they wanted a skinny model along to make her look fatter; they've been all about sticking to the "formula."

I doubt it. I don't see what motivation there'd be to want her to be fat. And even if they did want that, she was still significantly overweight, though she looked great for a former 300-pounder. She was still easily at least 200 pounds.

Just realized this was the finale though. I thought it was a really boring episode to go out on.

• Love 1
The Chatfish audience had a very negative reaction when Nev floated the idea. Regardless, I doubt we'll be seeing Selita again. I noticed that her subtle invitation to call her Lita was ignored, and she was pretty obnoxious, although I liked when Tia went off on her when she started trying to build up Bianca as some downtrodden person that anyone should feel especially ashamed about victimizing (there was absolutely no call to drag in race).

I disagree with this part. I thought that Selita was trying to get Tia to understand that Bianca was dealing with some serious homophobia and racism on a day-to-day basis (her mother referenced this), and that she was therefore particularly vulnerable to the promise of someone who would accept her as she is. I thought that Tia was trying to downplay the severity of what she had done, or at least act as if she and Bianca were on equal grounds with regards to their feelings of not fitting in, and Selita was explaining precisely why that premise was incorrect.

• Love 6
(edited)
Am I overthinking things, or was the opening "cherry chapstick" conversation a Katy Perry-ish hint that this episode was going to involve a lesbian relationship?

I forgot about Katy Perry! I thought it was some random product placement but i couldn't figure out why that particular item.

I vote that if there's a fourth season, they're only allowed one remorseful fat girl episode.

Yes! Even if there are a lot of fatfish, it makes the show very boring to have the same thing every time.

Bianca asked her what happened, and she said that she was scared she'd be rejected. They didn't address it any more than that (including the aftershow).

I think at one point she also did say she realized what she was doing was wrong and she put a stop to it to get her life together.

Is it really that complicated? The world is an easier place for thin, attractive people, including the ability to get dates. People like pretty things and pretty people. Fat people are ostracized, ridiculed, and often bullied, which makes them more likely to stay home, isolate themselves, and turn to the online world for social interaction and connections. When they create fake profiles to meet/talk/flirt with people , why do you think they use pictures of attractive, skinny people? So they'll get a response. So they won't be rejected and ignored like they are in the real world. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that so many catfishes are fat/obese. Nor do I think it's producer manipulation. I think it's a real reflection of society.

I understand this. My question is why the show is featuring such a glut of fat women doing this, and hardly anyone else. Are fat women the only people who feel this fear of rejection? Are there no other catfishers out there falsifying their looks or parts of their stories? We don't even see fat men doing it, or (like I said) other people falsifying other things-- like whether they have children, are dead broke, live with their parents at age 40, use a wheelchair, have weird facial features, or whatever else. A few LGBT youth, Kidd Cole, and the one who wanted revenge on her cousin. But mostly, it's become a show about fat women duping innocent humanity.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1
She was still easily at least 200 pounds.

Maybe if she was six feet tall. Otherwise, given what we saw of her frame, I would say 200 lbs. is high.

We don't even see fat men doing it

There were actually a couple of those last season, and in both those cases the women they were talking to were also heavy and also rejected the dudes.

• Love 1
(edited)

I liked Selita. Nice to see a woman of color as a co host. How was she obnoxious? I did not see it at all. I loved what Selita told Tia. Bianca was dealing with racism, sexism plus was exposed to some nasty religious people. No Tia, you and Bianca are not in the same boat.

Edited by Neurochick

I understand this. My question is why the show is featuring such a glut of fat women doing this, and hardly anyone else. Are fat women the only people who feel this fear of rejection? Are there no other catfishers out there falsifying their looks or parts of their stories? We don't even see fat men doing it, or (like I said) other people falsifying other things-- like whether they have children, are dead broke, live with their parents at age 40, use a wheelchair, have weird facial features, or whatever else. A few LGBT youth, Kidd Cole, and the one who wanted revenge on her cousin. But mostly, it's become a show about fat women duping innocent humanity.

I think it's a question of numbers. I'm sure there are lots of types of people with rejection issues who engage in catfishing, but in much smaller numbers compared to overweight people. We live in a junk food, fast food, super-size sugary drinks country, with a huge obesity epidemic. So for every person in a wheelchair who's catfishing, there's 100 obese people doing it, too. So their stories are easier to find.

I also disagree with you about men - Not sure if you've watched the show since the beginning, but it's featured a lot of overweight/obese guys.

• Love 2

I will be so bummed if there's no season 4. The snarky recaps are priceless.

Has it been cancelled? I haven't read anything.

Just realized something: Hannah is not my real name. Does it make me a Catfish??!?!

I will never trust you again.

1. I won't jump on the Selita hate bandwagon. I thought she was a nice girl. However, I do agree that she was an unnecessary third wheel and I don't think she added anything special.

2. Bianca has a funky style (some people like big gauges, Judgy McJudgersons) and a mildly Pousseyish face. In a big city, girlfriend will be swimming in willing vagine. Someone buy her a ticket to San Francisco, like, yesterday.

3. Special guest Billy Eichner?

Shut-Up-and-Take-My-money-530x298.jpg

• Love 2

I'm confused.  I never thought there wasn't going to be a season 4 and of course it's with Nev and Max.  They were just joking with Selita taking over Max's spot, I never thought for one second they were serious about breaking up Nev and Max. 

I wonder what the real purpose of having Selita on the show was? I don't believe for a minute that Nev happened to meet her & she's a big fan of the show, especially when she admitted to only seeing a few episodes on Chatfish. The only thing I can think of is she's going to host a different (but similar to Catfish) show, & they're using her appearance to do a backdoor pilot kind of thing.

Bianca has a funky style (some people like big gauges, Judgy McJudgersons) and a mildly Pousseyish face. In a big city, girlfriend will be swimming in willing vagine. Someone buy her a ticket to San Francisco, like, yesterday.

I don't like gauges, big or small, but I agree that in a big city she would really thrive. She mentioned wanting to move to Seattle or Portland and I think she'd find her people there.

Bianca was dealing with racism, sexism plus was exposed to some nasty religious people. No Tia, you and Bianca are not in the same boat.

I didn't think Selita added much but I did understand why she brought race into it. I'm black (and straight) and the black community can be hard to come out in - my second cousin was nearly disowned by his father when he came out. Tia may have been half Mexican (she said she was) but she's also phenotypically white and isn't going to have to deal with the racism that Bianca will and has.
  • Love 1
I don't like gauges, big or small, but I agree that in a big city she would really thrive. She mentioned wanting to move to Seattle or Portland and I think she'd find her people there.

Durham, NC is not exactly small, although it looks like she's in a very rural area. The population shows 200,000+.  Also Chapel Hill is right down the road which is a mecca for alternate lifestyles of every shape and form, not to mention Raleigh.  Either she's not in Durham, or I call bullshit.

Selita was incredibly annoying. What the fuck was the point?  The D-list celebs are getting annoying and I hope that next season they knock it off.

My question is why the show is featuring such a glut of fat women doing this, and hardly anyone else. Are fat women the only people who feel this fear of rejection? Are there no other catfishers out there falsifying their looks or parts of their stories? We don't even see fat men doing it, or (like I said) other people falsifying other things-- like whether they have children, are dead broke, live with their parents at age 40, use a wheelchair, have weird facial features, or whatever else. A few LGBT youth, Kidd Cole, and the one who wanted revenge on her cousin. But mostly, it's become a show about fat women duping innocent humanity.

Did you watch season 1?  I thought you used to post in the TWOP Catfish forum back then, but maybe I'm misremembering.  Because season one had a much more varied group.  There was the stripper who thought she was talking to a rich (male) striipper/model, who turned out to be an older, not-rich guy who was one of her regulars at the strip club where she worked.  There was the guy who thought he was talking to a biological woman, who then told him she was transgender, and turned out to be a biological woman (which seemed to kind of disappoint him).  There were a few where the catfish was conventionally attractive and thin but using a model's pictures.  Season one seemed to have more lesbians pretending to be straight guys and gay guys pretending to be straight girls, in fact that seemed to me to be the theme of that season. There were a few like the Antowone one this season where the catfish was the codfish's real life enemy.  How about that guy that lived in the trailer(not the big house he'd claimed)  and had some kind of terrorist threat charge pending because of transporting guns in his car, or something?  The Texas girl with the little boy who seemed so desperate to move to another state to be with the guy?

I don't remember as many fat guys as girls, though, agreed.  And the one I remember the best was the one with the guy in Seattle who was using his old high-school wrestling team pictures and was just massively obese, the result of serious depression and some kind of illness - he and his codfish seemed to begin and end with a more genuine friendship than most of the other ones, which I suppose is why I remember it.

Those are interesting examples, ratgirl. I only watched the show sporadically in the past, so I may have seen a few of those, but it's only at the very end of last season (and then this season) that I started to watch regularly. I hope they go back to showing more varied situations.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hated the Selita ride along. I love Nev and Max together. I like seeing more of them and their comments and reactions. I felt like that got cut short with Selita there. 

I am 8 minutes in, and I now have a severe distaste for Selita Eubanks.  First off, she seems very fake.  Second, this show is Nev, Max, Catfisher and Catfishee.  It works.  Putting on someone who wants to pump up their fledgling acting career is just pathetic to the point of having this show jump the shark. Third, her "catfish" story sounded self serving "well, I'm so wonderful and awesome, and people want to be me, so someone created a fake profile with my pictures."  Yes, we get it your'e a supermodel, people want to be you, can you please go somewhere else with all of that?

Fourth, most catfishes are generally dealing with self esteem issues centered around their weight or how they look.  Its why they choose to lie about their appearance.  I can't think of a more asshole move than to bring along a supermodel to these meetings

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 7

Awkward.

A disappointment as far as season finales go. Yet, it fits with a season that's been on par with meh for me. Selita's presence wasn't necessary. I don't understand why she was brought along for this go round. Unless, the producers or thinking of trying to keep things fresh by bringing on a guest host. An interesting idea but it doesn't work at least not for me. 

I like the way Bianca handled the situation. She could've gone off on Tia, but she handled things as maturely as possible. I was also relieved that she didn't feel the need to keep in contact with Tia. Deciding that it was best to leave well enough alone and part ways because there wasn't any trust there and no reason to continue any kind of friendship. Usually, I think the person being catfished is sometimes guilted into maintaining contact of some kind with the person who catfished them or feeling sorry for them. It's good to see a person like Bianca understand that she doesn't need to feel badly for Tia. She was the one that had been lied to and hurt. 

• Love 3

Awkward.

A disappointment as far as season finales go. Yet, it fits with a season that's been on par with meh for me. Selita's presence wasn't necessary. I don't understand why she was brought along for this go round. Unless, the producers or thinking of trying to keep things fresh by bringing on a guest host. An interesting idea but it doesn't work at least not for me. 

I like the way Bianca handled the situation. She could've gone off on Tia, but she handled things as maturely as possible. I was also relieved that she didn't feel the need to keep in contact with Tia. Deciding that it was best to leave well enough alone and part ways because there wasn't any trust there and no reason to continue any kind of friendship. Usually, I think the person being catfished is sometimes guilted into maintaining contact of some kind with the person who catfished them or feeling sorry for them. It's good to see a person like Bianca understand that she doesn't need to feel badly for Tia. She was the one that had been lied to and hurt. 

I always felt that undercurrent of guilt like "well, the person is fat, and if you refuse to maintain contact, you're admitting that you're horribly shallow, because you said you connected with them"  But I figured that guilt lasted about a month until the follow up call from Nev and Max and then the person who was catfished cuts all communication.

• Love 3

I'm actually interested in the statistics on if it's mostly overweight women who catfish.  Because in my mind, it's either that or old creepy men looking for young girls and the show certainly isn't going to show that.

I think the show is trying to be as harmless as possible considering it's subject matter.  And it's easy for people to understand why an overweight girl would get online and pretend to be someone else for love.  I mean, it's really hard to watch the shows where it's just some guy screwing around like the one from this season and the clapping guy from last season.  Those episodes are creepy and make me not want to watch anymore and I'm sure the producers have probably heard some of that type of feedback when those shows air.  To be honest, when the show enters sinister/dangerous territory it stops being funny or snark worthy.  The one girl who blurted out it was her catfishing her cousin after he called her a fat Kelly Price had them in a really seedy/dangerous part of the city before she finally offered up the goods.  That's not entertainment, it's scary.  

Selita's presence wasn't necessary. I don't understand why she was brought along for this go round. Unless, the producers or thinking of trying to keep things fresh by bringing on a guest host.

It's particularly odd in a season where a producer has been going overboard to jam everything into the standard formula. Nev is pissed at the catfish and doesn't want to do the sitdown? He's forced to do it anyway. The subject of the catfishing has already done the investigating? Nev surfs tangents, because you have to have an "investigation". Outside of having to fetch one catfish for reasons not under their control, Selita is the only departure from the standard script. If they wanted a guest host, they made a terrible choice. I think there have been at least a couple of subjects from prior episodes that could do it a whole lot better and would share Nev's "been there" credentials.

• Love 2