Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Sometimes I wonder why I watch BBAD. (I don't have the live feeds.) I think I was much happier just watching all the shows on CBS only. These people are so friggin' frustrating going back & forth & back & forth. It's exhausting and raises my bp. I find myself zipping the dvr through most of it these days. Same old shit, different day. Last year's cast was disgusting, but this year's is like watching a bunch of 5 year olds trying to decide whether to play ball or hopscotch. 

• Love 3

Are they told to confuse us viewers? Now, I don't know who is going home. I thought they all wanted Zach out and now it seems they want to keep him. At least, some of them do. I wish they would stop trying to confuse me. I can't function in the morning after the live feeds & BBAD. LOL!!!

The odd thing I keep coming back to is that Derrick may, indeed, have been better off getting Zach out.  Of course, he's well positioned otherwise, but this whole revolution is going to bring a lot of chaos that he now has to control.  It would have been easy for him to cut bait with Zach this week.  Now, he can't ride the center of the DE if he pulls this off.  His saving grace would be that he is with Frankie and Zach, as are the producers.

As always, rooting for bloodbath.

Edited by pennben

Derrick finally got a clue and I don't care if it was from the DR. And Caleb, of all people, was right all along. With Zach they have the numbers. Nicole, Hayden, Jocasta and Donny are the "other side." And Jocasta is useless and will always be a vote for Donny and vice versa. She will go and I'd love it if Nicole followed her out the door.

I have to be at work at 5:30 tomorrow morning. I am going to be a real peach by about noon.

But, woot! Yay Zach! Way to do absolutely nothing and stay! He can just sit and look pretty and I am happy. Jocasta is annoying anyway, so yay!

Do you think Derrick was just biding his time to Weds night to do this? He hasn't really been trashing Zach personally (like rat ass Frankie). Maybe he is playing the long con. Or I am giving him too much credit.

#ZachAttack is trending on twitter. Ha.

Edited by AndreaK1041

The odd thing I keep coming back to is that Derrick may, indeed, have been better off getting Zach out.  Of course, he's well positioned otherwise, but this whole revolution is going to bring a lot of chaos that he now has to control.

It would definitely have been in Derrick's interest to boot Zach. Up to this point in the game, the two strongest strategic players in the game have been Derrick and Frankie - which, even though they're in a couple of alliances together, means they are strategic opponents. I think it's pretty obvious by now that Frankie's two main supports in the House are Christine and Zach; getting rid of Zach destabilizes Frankie's game, leaves him with only one leg to stand on, and makes him more likely to lean on and work with Derrick.

• Love 4

Like, Iiterally I cannot listen to Cody say literally, like, one more time or I will literally explode.

I have figured out what has happened to cause me to be so bored and impatient with all the constant whisper-wheeling and dealing this season.  We have been marathoning Seasons 1 and 2 of House of Cards this week, and to go from a show where all of the plotting, backstabbing and campaigning for votes is done so concisely, smoothly and ruthlessly to...this?  Well, let's just say it's pretty tough to adjust back to watching these people play their little game compared to watching high stakes chess with human pawns being played in the White House.

Because even the most interesting game talk in the BB house right now keeps turning into static for me, I find myself delighted by things like Frankie reading the Tampax box aloud in French, and trying to figure out if that's Cody's stomach I can hear growling, or Christine's.  When Christine said "I hate Donny", I wanted to send Kevin Spacey into the house to work his magic on her.

• Love 1

Yep, it seems that Zach is now staying. Less than 20 hours before he was supposed to be evicted. I'm happy, and I MAY throw Caleb a bone here for being the one to plant the idea in Derrick's head. So...one time only, but Caleb, you're the man! 

I will give Derrick this; he has the power to sway people on a dime.

• Love 1

But, woot! Yay Zach! Way to do absolutely nothing and stay! He can just sit and look pretty and I am happy. Jocasta is annoying anyway, so yay!

So - Zach is a frikkin' genius. He's learned the true secret to surviving this game - sleep a lot, let everybody else bash their brains out against walls of paranoia, and sail serenely through the wreckage. Who'da thunk?

• Love 3

Caleb. CALEB. Caleb was the only one who dared speak up to Daddy Derrick and say something about the numbers. 

Caleb-Big Brother's Forrest Gump.

Well, it's now down to the point where you only gave to be able to count to five to figure a winning vote. Now that Caleb doesn't have to do all that tricky finger-count-jumping-over-to-the-other-hand action, it should be within his grasp - literally.

• Love 9

It would definitely have been in Derrick's interest to boot Zach.

Yep.  I still think Derrick is the best bet.  His flaw is that he knows he is in charge.  That could bite him in the ass one day. I think drawing a line in the sand where no one else saw the sand was a bad call tonight.  

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

Clearly, Derrick all along could control how this vote was going to go (if he wanted Zack out, Zack was out. If he wanted Zack to stay, Zack would stay) and I suspected that he was just waiting until tonight to "change" his mind and keep Zack. However, I think Derrick might have slightly outsmarted himself here. I mean, don't get me wrong, with this bunch of morons he's probably still fine, but he's playing his cards a lot more openly than he has in the past. To wit, had Zack gone out, who would have said this week "Man, Derrick is my enemy" No one, right? Except Donny, of course, but I doubt Donny would be going after him, figuring he wouldn't have the votes (instead, Donny would go after his supporters - Frankie and Caleb, I imagine). Especially Hayden and Nicole - they were both firmly on Team Derrick. Now he's specifically making a move on them. Hayden was unlikely to nominate Derrick. Now if Hayden gets HoH, I bet he DOES nominate Derrick. 

And for what? Zack is better for his game than Jocasta, but not MUCH better. The risk/reward I don't think makes sense at this particular time for him. 

• Love 9

Yep.  I still think Derrick is the best bet.  His flaw is that he knows he is in charge.  That could bite him in the ass one day.

It's only a flaw if he (a) overtly acknowledges it and (b) starts taking it for granted.

I think drawing a line in the sand where no one else saw the sand was a bad call tonight.

Nobody's going to pay attention to who drew the line - they're going to be distracted by who steps over it. My money's on Caleb. Derrick and Frankie are going to stroke Caleb's ego so hard it'll be begging for lubricant, saying he's the only one who among them who could count to five - and I'm betting when the fireworks start, BMBB will be so full puffed up and full of himself he'll be the first one across that line and shouting.

I just don't see how Nicole and Hayden could NOT see this as a betrayal of them by Derrick and Cody. It's too blatant of a move. 

Don't get me wrong, Derrick is only in danger this week if Hayden wins HoH, so he's only really gone from 0% danger to, like, 10% danger, but that's still a pretty big increase for a guy who doesn't necessarily help him too much (and in fact helps Frankie a lot more than him).

That said, I could care less about losing Jocasta or about Derrick slightly hurting his game (I'd be thrilled if Derrick didn't just dominate this game until the end, which I suspect he will), I just think that this is a bad call by Derrick. 

• Love 4

It's only a flaw if he (a) overtly acknowledges it and (b) starts taking it for granted.

Oh, he will never overtly acknowlege to the other HGs, but he is taking it for granted.  He was in a perfect spot, could parachute either way during the DE, but decided to draw a line.  He'll likely still win, but, in my opinion, he just made a risky move.  He was safer playing the middle for one more week. 

I'm bummed. I wanted the frat to lose a member.

Derrick is terrified of being played by a woman. First he got paranoid about Britt, now it's Nicole. He overthinks and gets all worked up. Meanwhile, Britt, Amber, and Nicole were all loyal and weren't coming after him at all.

• Love 6

The only question left is:  Will it be Derrick and Frankie (and a hamster) in the final three, or Frankie and Zach (and a hamster).  I see no other conclusion, sorry to the rest of the HGs.  Hayden/Nicole, you should have sex soon if you want to block this, that is your only hope!:)

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

8/5 4:26 PM (Tuesday) -- A few minutes of Christine's foot getting acquainted with Cody's crotch, until Cody covers her foot with a pillow... her foot must've stunk.

Holy crap. Damn, Christine, that's just so effed up. 

• Love 3

Like, Iiterally I cannot listen to Cody say literally, like, one more time or I will literally explode.

THIS! I wish there was an electric collar attached to his neck that went off every time he used that word. At one point he said "I literally just shit my pants," and for a moment I really believed it because I know what the word 'literally' fucking means. Then, I remembered it was Cody talking.

8/5 4:26 PM (Tuesday) -- A few minutes of Christine's foot getting acquainted with Cody's crotch, until Cody covers her foot with a pillow... her foot must've stunk.

What?!?

• Love 2

THIS! I wish there was an electric collar attached to his neck that went off every time he used that word. At one point he said "I literally just shit my pants," and for a moment I really believed it because I know what the word 'literally' fucking means. Then, I remembered it was Cody talking.

Someone needs to send him that Word Crimes Video. Actually, CBS should play it for the whole house.

• Love 2

THIS! I wish there was an electric collar attached to his neck that went off every time he used that word.

And, no, I'm not Christine's husband, but I'd also like  a shock collar on her every time she decided to pet Cody.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

I dunno, I'm still thinking Zach is going.  Production probably wants to spice things up for Thursday's edit as usual and make us think Zach is staying.  Also, since Zach is going to the jury, it poisons him against voting for Nicole/Donny/Hayden.  But I could be wrong *shrug*

Edited by duskyliterati
  • Love 1

I dunno, I'm still thinking Zach is going. Production probably wants to spice things up for Thursday's edit as usual and make us think Zach is staying. Also, since Zach is going to the jury, it poisons him against voting for Nicole/Donny/Hayden. But I could be wrong *shrug*

If Derrick gets Victoria then it's all set. Christine is the wild card she says she will vote for him to stay but would she really? But then again she is really pissed at Nicole cuz she tried to steal Cody and was told they wanted her on the block. So it's possible she has picked a side and it's The Detonators and Zach is staying. We will see tomorrow won't we.

Edited by SiobhanJW

Do Cody and Derrick think that Nicole and Hayden were lying when they said that both Christine and Frankie recommended Cody and Derrick as replacement noms?

It'll be interesting to hear how Derrick and Cody explain that Zach's staying and if Hayden and Nicole fall for it since they like them and want to believe them so badly.

I really wanted to see Zach go because I thought it might help change the game even a little bit and I think Zach is a very bad player and deserves to get booted. I think Donny's a goner and either Nicole or Hayden will get the boot as well during DE. I hope that whoever remains out of Donny, Nicole, and Hayden realizes that they have nothing to lose and if they pull out an HOH win, tries to go after Frankie and Derrick. I know that won't happen since they have blinders on as far as Derrick goes but if they continue to focus on Christine or Caleb instead, I'll be so disappointed.

• Love 1

Derrick told Christine and Frankie about the Rationale and told them everything. They all figured out that Hayden and Nicole were basically making them take each other out from within (which is smart). I think Derrick feels that at least with the Detonators he knows them and has more control over them than over the other side of the house. If they stick to the BS/Detonator alliance they can pick off Donny and Hayden before they start turning on each other. I think even Christine at this point can't be so stupid as to go with Nicole and Hayden again. 

If they vote to keep Zach, the flaw in the plan that Nicole and Hayden had is that Derrick is part of Team America with Frankie. None of the house guests know that Derrick and Frankie talk some game to each other. I don't think they are real allies but they are both strategists and this TA gives them a reason to keep each other around longer than they normally would.

ETA: They had the halfway party tonight and it seems like since then everything got flipped. It has been a roller coaster the last few hours. Caleb is the one who brought up the numbers and that got Derrick really going. Derrick has always been wary of Nicole and Hayden's motives and their insistence that Zach has to leave (or backdoor Frankie). The plan as of now is to blindside Nicole/Hayden/Donny about keeping Zach. They are all going to pretend everything is the same. Derrick will talk to Victoria about keeping Zach. There is a still an entire day left so who knows if this will all hold together.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 2

Thanks for the summary, kellog010. I'm too bummed to read about everything from last night on Jokers. I knew there was still plenty of time for everything to flip but was hoping that Zach would actually go. Since everyone (except Derrick and maybe Frankie) might actually try to win HOHs during the DE, I don't hold out much hope for a Donny/Hayden/Nicole win.

• Love 2

I second the thanks for the summary, kellog010. That's what happened in a nutshell. I absolutely believe this will hold together. Nicole and Hayden are in deep doo doo now and I'm thrilled. Even Jesus can't save Jocasta now. I look forward to her talking in tongues on live TV. And since it's a DE that's about all the time she'll get to talk.

Jocasta: Blattabijitdadadadadadasadadabittybitty

Julie: THANK YOU, Jocasta. After the break, the houseguests compete for the first HoH competition of the night.

Are the HGs aware that it's definitely a DE?

Edited by TimWil

ETA: They had the halfway party tonight and it seems like since then everything got flipped. It has been a roller coaster the last few hours.

Yeah, ya gotta wonder how much of last night's activity was alcohol-induced.

• Love 1

Yeah, ya gotta wonder how much of last night's activity was alcohol-induced.

Well, Caleb did have 6 beers and a whole pizza, so maybe the alcohol helped him, but I think that it was finally getting some real food.  Other than that, Zach was not really tipsy, but you could see he felt nice and that probably helped him to be agreeable as he spoke with Nicole. No matter the rest, as he then employed his secret sleeping strategy. No one else besides Victoria seemed buzzed, and she doesn't matter anyway, at least not until Derrick decides to pluck her from from her cage and put her in his pocket. 

I still believe grodner will find some way to put Zach back in the game, which sucks for me, because it's not what I want, which is all that matters.

LOL but amen! I don't understand why they won't all just do what I want, dammit!

I remember reading that Amanda hid her meds to take a larger dose at comp time. Don't know if it's true.

Amanda did do that. The meds situation was a real mess last season. A lot of them were on stuff and they were hoarding it or supposedly Production was withholding/messing up doses. Last season was so messy.

I'm bummed. I wanted the frat to lose a member.

Man, me too. Now I just hope @Brian Cronin is right about this move messing up Derrick's game, at least. But let's face it, it won't. The HOH comp will be everyone against Hayden/Donny and I don't like those odds. But, if one of the could pull it off and go at Derrick it would be almost 'Jeff getting evitced in BB13's DE' levels of awesome.

Derrick is terrified of being played by a woman. First he got paranoid about Britt, now it's Nicole. He overthinks and gets all worked up. Meanwhile, Britt, Amber, and Nicole were all loyal and weren't coming after him at all.

Wow, bingo. That's kinda gross. Although I guess at least Derrick seems to actually understand that women are capable of outsmarting him.

Strategery aside, I want Nicole and Jocasta to go so I can watch the DRs without my ears bleeding.

Well, when you put it that way! I honestly can not deal with Jocasta's DRs at all anymore.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I wonder if it's about Victoria's religion. Some holy-roller types are quite anti-Semitic (the "they killed our Savior" mindset).

I have know quite a few "holy rollers" and none were anti-Semitic. Quite the opposite. Israel is God's chosen nation.

• Love 5

Ah, the old Wednesday night flip.  It's been awhile.  I begrudgingly have to give Caleb props for putting it in motion.  Bummer for me, but I do think this is a bad move for Derrick and Cody, so that's good at least.  Hopefully Hayden or Donny can pull off the HOH tonight, or this season will continue to be extremely boring. 

• Love 3

Strategery aside, I want Nicole and Jocasta to go so I can watch the DRs without my ears bleeding.

Nichole is slowly morphing into Sarah Palin in my mind.  All she needs to do is wink and say, "You betcha!", to complete the transition.

I initially appreciated Jocosta's competitive spirit coming out in her talking heads.  I think that's passed.  I found her especially irritating last night.  Either she's delusional, or she's been told - unquestionably - that she's safe.

• Love 1

Thanks for the summary, kellog010. I'm too bummed to read about everything from last night on Jokers. I knew there was still plenty of time for everything to flip but was hoping that Zach

would actually go. Since everyone (except

Derrick and maybe Frankie) might actually try to

win HOHs during the DE, I don't hold out much

hope for a Donny/Hayden/Nicole win.

I wouldn't underestimate Donny and Hayden. They've both been solid competitors. JMO

• Love 4
Of course a groundskeeper can be smart, but Donny strikes me as college educated.  That doesn't preclude him from being a groundskeeper, but I bet it's pretty uncommon.

I worked Mr. Tres Gatos way though Grad school working as a university janitor. There were tons of janitors with BAs quite a lot of the who had Master's degrees and even one Ph.D I was aware of.

I

have know quite a few "holy rollers" and none were anti-Semitic. Quite the opposite. Israel is God's chosen nation.

The "Holy Rollers" I've known, do consider Israel "God's Chosen Nation" but on;y because they believe it needs to exist to bring about the "end times" as found in the Book of Revelation. They were all still quite anti-Semitic in believing those who don't accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour will burn in Hell

• Love 2

I was really hoping Zach would go just for the entertainment purposes. Not that I would not want to see Jocasta go. Seeing her bitch face go out the door would be fun.

Plus Zach going would be a shift of power in the house. Something different. Now Donny is target number one during DE. Didn't I predict this a week a go?? Ugh. Such a predictable season.

Edited by LGGirl

I was afraid of this. Once all the women are gone, I'll lose interest in BB. Frankie and Derrek will have to fight it out at some point, and now Frankie is in a better position. Of the two, I like Derrek better, but neither entertains me - Frankie because he tries too hard and Derrek because he doesn't try at all.