Type keyword(s) to search

David and Lana: The Seven-Year Ditch

• Start Topic

And since almost everything Dave said about Lana is a lie (she's not dirt poor, she has social media accounts, she can use an iPhone just fine, she doesn't stay in her apartment all day because she's "so shy"...) that I absolutely believe either her company made her meet him because of the bad press or TLC uncovered her and paid her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 6:43 PM, mamadrama said:

I've now decided that Dave is a horrible person who treats women as objects that he can own and collect. David on the Tell All was enlightening. He may now be one of my least favorite cast members. Ever.

I am more and more convinced that David is a sex tourist. He flies to the Ukraine just to meet a friend for dinner? Sure he does. Anya was “ shy” because she wouldn’t service him while talking about moose and squirrel.

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

That was such a dick move because she was nothing but kind to him, as far as I know.  

Even if she did "beg" him to marry her why embarrass her by putting that out there?  

I also think she knew what she had to do if she wanted David to marry her and she clearly didn't do it so I don't think she was "begging" him to marry her. 

He's trying to look less pathetic, by claiming this young, attractive woman is begging him to marry her.  Sure Dave.

5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I've now decided that Dave is a horrible person who treats women as objects that he can own and collect. David on the Tell All was enlightening. He may now be one of my least favorite cast members. Ever.

Agreed.  He and Ed are both assholes for real, and Ash and Geoffrey are next level scary.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

I am more and more convinced that David is a sex tourist. He flies to the Ukraine just to meet a friend for dinner? Sure he does. Anya was “ shy” because she wouldn’t service him while talking about squirrel and moose.

Yep, and he even admitted to going over on organized tours and meeting "thousands of women" and bragged about how he could pick what he wanted out of a catalogue or put in his request for hair/eye color, like some kind of eastern European "build a ho" program.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Oh, and apparently the reason he bought her a fake diamond engagement ring is because he didn't know her ring size and the jewelry man told him that it was "more expensive" to resize a real diamond ring...this from a man who'd just stated that he'd spent more than $300,000 on his Ukrainian love efforts. Ed was like, "You know how I got Rose's ring size? I called her and I asked her."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

"Lana" doesn't do herself any favors in her "intro" video.  No, she says she didn't lie to David, but she didn't meet up with him at the café WHEN THEY WERE IN THE SAME CITY because her nephew had a hockey game?  WTF?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

"Lana" doesn't do herself any favors in her "intro" video.  No, she says she didn't lie to David, but she didn't meet up with him at the café WHEN THEY WERE IN THE SAME CITY because her nephew had a hockey game?  WTF?

Later they ask her why she didn't show up to the restaurant and she says, "I changed my mind." 

I don't buy for a second that she's into him. Someone paid her to be there, either the website or the production company. During one of the segments, too, producers ask her "do you know that he's here" and she says "yes." Does that mean they found her while David was roaming the city with her picture and he didn't know it? That's shady as fuck.

I also like it when they ask her if she meets other men on the site and when she doesn't reply the producer says, "Answer the question, please." 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Yep, and he even admitted to going over on organized tours and meeting "thousands of women" and bragged about how he could pick what he wanted out of a catalogue or put in his request for hair/eye color, like some kind of eastern European "build a ho" program.

Why would anyone say this with pride.  It sounds just like a guy who would order a silicone sex doll.  IJS.

36 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I think one of her excuses for standing him up was like her dog died.  She must have a list that she goes through.  Probably like a hundred unique excuses and when she gets to the end of the list she starts again at number one. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

You tell David that your nephew has a hockey game and that you are expected to attend. You either skip the game or meet him later. She knew he was coming to visit and meet her.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Why would anyone say this with pride.  It sounds just like a guy who would order a silicone sex doll.  IJS.

I think one of her excuses for standing him up was like her dog died.  She must have a list that she goes through.  Probably like a hundred unique excuses and when she gets to the end of the list she starts again at number one. 

I have more respect for the guys who have the silicone sex dolls (and the people who make them are true artists). At least they can usually admit that they're lonely and prefer the fakeness. It took me several tries to get through all of Dave's parts because he continued to get more and more insufferable. His excuses were so insane that at one point Shaun just starts laughing. First he claimed that Lana sits in her apartment with her sister all day because she's "dirt poor" and that the reason she hasn't removed herself from the website is because "all her friends are on there." And it just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. He talks about "having her" and her being "his" so much that it starts sounding like he's talking about a china set. It's disgusting. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Super creepy. He's been to the Ukraine 20+ times, trying to find his ideal woman. I wonder how much money he makes, as he thinks it's no big deal with all the money he's spending. Crazy that he talked to Cesar's Maria and thought she was too high maintenance. I don't understand his fixation on Lana though, the way he's talking about how you can talk to so many women and he does well "dating" them. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, kendi said:

Super creepy. He's been to the Ukraine 20+ times, trying to find his ideal woman. I wonder how much money he makes, as he thinks it's no big deal with all the money he's spending. Crazy that he talked to Cesar's Maria and thought she was too high maintenance. I don't understand his fixation on Lana though, the way he's talking about how you can talk to so many women and he does well "dating" them. 

He works for Clark County government and according to public record he makes around $112,000 a year with an additional $37,000 (approximate) in bonuses. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Later they ask her why she didn't show up to the restaurant and she says, "I changed my mind." 

I don't buy for a second that she's into him. Someone paid her to be there, either the website or the production company. During one of the segments, too, producers ask her "do you know that he's here" and she says "yes." Does that mean they found her while David was roaming the city with her picture and he didn't know it? That's shady as fuck.

I also like it when they ask her if she meets other men on the site and when she doesn't reply the producer says, "Answer the question, please." 

While I started watching some snippets, I didn't get thru much.  I try to retain *some* dignity while using my work computer lol

I did hear from a few people who watched it, people from instagram or wherever, that Shaun was actually asking QUESTIONS and being almost the host we want instead of Princess WOW WHAT JUST HAPPENED.   I'm sad we'll never see that. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

While I started watching some snippets, I didn't get thru much.  I try to retain *some* dignity while using my work computer lol

I did hear from a few people who watched it, people from instagram or wherever, that Shaun was actually asking QUESTIONS and being almost the host we want instead of Princess WOW WHAT JUST HAPPENED.   I'm sad we'll never see that. 

Asking questions, cursing, laughing at people's stupidity...it was glorious! And will never be seen.

At one point Lisa starts screaming at Shaun for being "disrespectful" and threatens to leave. And yeah, after they show a clip of Lana on an iPhone Shaun was all, "Now David...you said she couldn't use a phone because of her fingernails and yet we just saw..." She was direct.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

It's really hard to listen to everyone trying to knock some sense into David's thick head. Everyone is poking holes in his explanations yet he keeps coming back with more ridiculous reasons why they're wrong. It's exhausting! And to keep hearing Ed yelling, "YOU'RE NOT ENGAGED!" over and over made me say a la Rose "I want to give him a slap!" Ed telling David that's he's cringing over what he's doing, pot meet kettle.

This is way better than a studio tell-all!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

He works for Clark County government and according to public record he makes around $112,000 a year with an additional $37,000 (approximate) in bonuses. 

I'm surprised, that's a great yearly salary for Nevada.  I'm shocked that anyone with a legitimate, well paying government job would be on this show.  He must have all the union protections because I'd be worried about getting canned. Especially now as cities and counties are losing money. Multiple trips to Ukraine....they may be looking for an excuse to get rid of him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm surprised, that's a great yearly salary for Nevada.  I'm shocked that anyone with a legitimate, well paying government job would be on this show.  He must have all the union protections because I'd be worried about getting canned. Especially now as cities and counties are losing money. Multiple trips to Ukraine....they may be looking for an excuse to get rid of him.  

He's retiring as of now.

I found someone on Reddit who summarized the entire Tell All. I included it on the BEFORE the 90 DAYS "spoiler" page just now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I found someone on Reddit who summarized the entire Tell All. I included it on the BEFORE the 90 DAYS "spoiler" page 

Where is the spoiler page here? I am watching the Tell All and would like to read it, thanks.

If he really is serious I want to slap some sense into him.

Edited by Armchair Critic
30 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Where is the spoiler page here? I am watching the Tell All and would like to read it, thanks.

The couple's threads have spoilers. There is a lot about this on the David and Lana thread.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

He has spent $300,000 traveling to Ukraine and on the websites and he met over 1,000 women and has been engaged to 2 other women in Ukraine. WTF?!?

I don't believe a word he says.  About anything.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

It's here (on page 9): 

Edited by Teri313
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Somebody needs to take over guardianship of David.  He's not right in the head!

He doesn't strike me as someone who would listen to anyone about anything.  Guardianship wouldn't work.  He needs to be in a locked facility without internet access.

• Love 8

David's so delusional that I find him a little scary. I got genuinely upset watching him getting flustered and digging his hole deeper and deeper. It wasn't funny. He's dangerously obsessed with Lana and Ukrainian women in general. I could see him as someone even the sex tours would ban. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

David's so delusional that I find him a little scary. I got genuinely upset watching him getting flustered and digging his hole deeper and deeper. It wasn't funny. He's dangerously obsessed with Lana and Ukrainian women in general. I could see him as someone even the sex tours would ban. 

The fact that he has flown out five times to meet Lana not to mention all the other sex tourism trips....not just delusional and deranged....he may make good money, but he has been spending it hand over fist.   And did I read he is living in a rental house?   Moving to an RV may not necessarily be a voluntary choice.   

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

David's so delusional that I find him a little scary

The way he gets so angry (at Ed 😂) when people try to reason with him and double downs on his excuses, he is really a sick puppy.

• Love 4
Just now, DEL901 said:

The fact that he has flown out five times to meet Lana not to mention all the other sex tourism trips....not just delusional and deranged....he may make good money, but he has been spending it hand over fist.   And did I read he is living in a rental house?   Moving to an RV may not necessarily be a voluntary choice.   

He doesn't live in a rental, he films in one of his rentals. He owns at least 3 properties. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

He doesn't live in a rental, he films in one of his rentals. He owns at least 3 properties. 

Thx.  I did not know... still think Lana would not be impressed by an R V though.   

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Thx.  I did not know... still think Lana would not be impressed by an R V though.   

Yeah, someone who's so shy she's housebound is really going to love living in an RV, staying at different RV parks every night.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

David is giving advice to Yolanda on how to avoid getting scammed. Oh the irony!

David was yelling at Ed about how he paid the website so that he wouldn't get scammed. David is...something else. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I agree.  TLC really is setting a low bar for screening these people, that's three men on this season alone that are not just trashy, they're scary crazy. 

• Love 9

So, David is an ass, has been told exactly what this is and continues to do it.  Good for the ukranian economy, this is wealth transference at its finest.  

I have no idea why he decided to do this show, except for the fact that he knew the promise of being on TV would force Lana to meet him. 

I don't feel any pity or sympathy for David.  I mostly worry for the models in the pictures.  He is a creepy stalker.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Yeah, someone who's so shy she's housebound is really going to love living in an RV, staying at different RV parks every night.

David has said that one of the reason he never gave up on Lana is that she did want to travel in the RV 4-5 months out of the year and she did not want kids. He said that these 2 of his must haves . I found it crazy that David had meet Caesar's Maria but because he called her high maintaince he did not contact her again. David has said he wants to do a youtube travel channel with the RV part time and then part time around the world travel. He said that Lana wanted this life. I just wonder this whole story was to draw us in and get us talking about him and next year we are going to see them traveling trying to get subs to their channel.  Juts seems like everyone wanted some of sort publicity or fame from the show this year, Yolanda and her weight loss book, Ash and his life coach business, Ed marketing himself with his Big Ed merch , Usman and his music, Stephanie and her youtube channel, maybe David wants fame too. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

David has said he wants to do a youtube travel channel with the RV part time and then part time around the world travel. He said that Lana wanted this life. I just wonder this whole story was to draw us in and get us talking about him and next year we are going to see them traveling trying to get subs to their channel.  

In my opinion, there is no "them."  She's not real - at least not really interested in him.  $$$$$

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

In my opinion, there is no "them."  She's not real - at least not really interested in him.  $$$$$

Agree. I still think someone paid her to be there. 

• Love 9
(edited)

The video of Lana in the TA is hilarious!  She's dressed sharp, out walking amongst the people happily shopping.  Tight focus on her wad of cash as she makes a purchase.  Tight focus on her hand with short nails.  Tight focus on her using her iphone.  

David - "She's shy and housebound with no money because she's poor and can't use a phone due to her long nails..."

🤣

So annoying when Shaun was trying to get him to explain HOW he knows Lana is poor.  

David - "well she's shown me her closet. She buys one new pair of tennis shoes every three years!""  LOL.  

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I just wonder this whole story was to draw us in and get us talking about him and next year we are going to see them traveling trying to get subs to their channel.

that and his ego.   He just can't believe everyone doesn't find him as wonderful as he thinks he is.   This is an FU to all the American women who wouldn't date him (because he's creepy).   See I can get a beautiful blond young Ukraininan woman to fall in love with me.    Except its not working out the way he wants and like most narcissists he is lashing out and gas lighting when the world does not conform to his projeced image.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

The video of Lana in the TA is hilarious!  She's dressed sharp, out walking amongst the people happily shopping.  Tight focus on her wad of cash as she makes a purchase.  Tight focus on her hand with short nails.  Tight focus on her using her iphone.  

David - "She's shy and housebound with no money because she's poor and can't use a phone due to her long nails..."

🤣

So annoying when Shaun was trying to get him to explain HOW he knows Lana is poor.  

David - "well she's shown me her closet. She buys one new pair of tennis shoes every three years!""  LOL.  

How does he know that is her closet? It could be her hall closet and she just staged it to make it look like that. Or it could be a closet picture that she found online. Or a friend’s closet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

How does he know that is her closet? It could be her hall closet and she just staged it to make it look like that. Or it could be a closet picture that she found online. Or a friend’s closet.

Or a closet put together by whoever paid her to tell David she was poor.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

that and his ego.   He just can't believe everyone doesn't find him as wonderful as he thinks he is.   This is an FU to all the American women who wouldn't date him (because he's creepy).   See I can get a beautiful blond young Ukraininan woman to fall in love with me.    Except its not working out the way he wants and like most narcissists he is lashing out and gas lighting when the world does not conform to his projeced image.

It was extremely creepy how he kept bringing up how the average American's perception of the Ukrainian dating sites is laughable. Like the crazy amount of money he has spent on these websites has launched him into an upper echelon of understanding Ukranian women. And the whole bit about how the agencies work and how it's illegal to talk to the women outside of the website but Tom, as a Brit, would have no problem. He's really got himself convinced that he's not being scammed. He's able to "weed out" the undesirables and it's all worth it. Major creep vibes. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, silverspoons said:

David has said that one of the reason he never gave up on Lana is that she did want to travel in the RV 4-5 months out of the year and she did not want kids. He said that these 2 of his must haves . I found it crazy that David had meet Caesar's Maria but because he called her high maintaince he did not contact her again. David has said he wants to do a youtube travel channel with the RV part time and then part time around the world travel. He said that Lana wanted this life. I just wonder this whole story was to draw us in and get us talking about him and next year we are going to see them traveling trying to get subs to their channel.  Juts seems like everyone wanted some of sort publicity or fame from the show this year, Yolanda and her weight loss book, Ash and his life coach business, Ed marketing himself with his Big Ed merch , Usman and his music, Stephanie and her youtube channel, maybe David wants fame too. 

Seems like the YouTube channel is his reason for being on this show.  

I might watch David travelling the country with his silicone harem.  I think the conversations would be a real study in abnormal psychology. 

Like does he talk to each doll about different things?  Does he have his "smart doll" with glasses and he talks about politics and science with her?  Does he have a "comedy doll" with clown makeup and he tells her jokes?  Does he have a "mommy doll" that he tells his hopes and fears to?,

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 5/4/2020 at 4:30 AM, RichiesOlderBro said:

Was she going to get a commission based on how much the men spent?

Sorry for the late answer, I didnt check my notifications.
From what she remembers her job would have been to keep guys online as long as possible (so I guess in some sort of live chat), so she would have had to ask lots of questions, that kind of  things.

There was also a possibility of phone calls, where again it was about keeping guys as long as possible.
Sorry for the vague answer, that's all she remembers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Seems like the YouTube channel is his reason for being on this show.  

I might watch David travelling the country with his silicone harem.  I think the conversations would be a real study in abnormal psychology. 

Like does he talk to each doll about different things?  Does he have his "smart doll" with glasses and he talks about politics and science with her?  Does he have a "comedy doll" with clown makeup and he tells her jokes?  Does he have a "mommy doll" that he tells his hopes and fears to?,

I can just picture them all around a campfire, until tragedy strikes and one of them melts...

• LOL 12
  • Love 1