Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

As I think the filming has been postponed till April 13, which is Easter Monday.

I don't think things will be back to normal by then. Gavin Newsom just issued a shelter-in-place order for the entire state of California (after issuing it last week just for the SF Bay Area), so the situation is really bad. It looks increasingly likely that we won't get a Bachelorette or BIP season this year.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I don't think things will be back to normal by then. Gavin Newsom just issued a shelter-in-place order for the entire state of California (after issuing it last week just for the SF Bay Area), so the situation is really bad. It looks increasingly likely that we won't get a Bachelorette or BIP season this year.

The problem when will the California quarantine be going to end? Hopefully as the situation of the quarantine producers might have to cancel Bachelorette 16 and will get straight for Summer Games (as the cancellation rumors have not yet announced) instead of BIP season for this year. Wait for Bachelor 25 as the next regular BN season.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, ApprenticeFan said:

The problem when will the California quarantine be going to end? Hopefully as the situation of the quarantine producers might have to cancel Bachelorette 16 and will get straight for Summer Games (as the cancellation rumors have not yet announced) instead of BIP season for this year. Wait for Bachelor 25 as the next regular BN season.

My speculation given the current pandemic status (which is evolving quickly, so my speculations will adjust accordingly) is that the Summer Games will be canceled as well. The point was to have contestants from international Bachelor/Bachelorette shows, and with the travel restrictions and border closures that have been issued worldwide, that won't be possible. Plus, that show was supposed to be alternative programming to the Summer Olympics, which will likely be canceled or postponed. Even in the best case scenario that things return to normal by the end of summer, I think the show will start fresh with a new Bachelor season, perhaps with Mike from Hannah B.'s season as the lead, or else they'll dig into the archives for an old audience favorite like Arie.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the response.

The big problem that Clare is from Sacramento, as California is on lockdown with a yet to be determined count of how the Cali lockdown will end.

Time for Clare's replacement as might that ain't happen until at least summer as its already postponed the 16th Bachelorette and to be replaced with a younger lead, I think mostly girls from Peter's season as its getting postponed in the next 12 months. The Bachelor 25 will be ahead on the usual September-November production schedule.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

I'd prefer they just shift Clare's season to this fall and simply swap the Bachelorette and Bachelor filming schedules and airing Clare's season next January.  It would be so unfair and demoralizing to every woman over 25 that Clare wasn't worth the time & effort to be the lead.  The delay would definitely allow them to assemble a decently age-appropriate cast.  

We can do without the Summer games or BIP for one season.  That's no biggie, as trashtastic as those show-nanigans are! 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, leighdear said:

We can do without the Summer games or BIP for one season.  That's no biggie, as trashtastic as those show-nanigans are! 

...but, but how will they grow their Instagram followers and make a living as an influencer?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

...but, but how will they grow their Instagram followers and make a living as an influencer?

Most will just have to go back to waiting tables, being "personal trainers", pretending to be pharmaceutical reps and sponge off their parents.  Poor things.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 3/12/2020 at 8:45 PM, nutty1 said:

Matt J., 28

New York, NY

I'm calling it now....if Clare doesn't pick him, he is our next Bachelor. This is Tyler Cameron's best friend. Supposed to be a really nice guy.

matt J.jpg

I like Matt for making it clear he was upset with Hannah about the drinks thing. He was basically saying what Tyler couldn’t.

On 3/19/2020 at 6:34 AM, phlebas said:

I read somewhere Matt backed out of the season just before they shut down. But I can't find where I read that.  I don't know if he wasn't feeling it with Clare or just decided to stay with Tyler after his mom's death or what.  Or if I dreamed it.

I haven’t heard this. Matt is a huge famewhore like Tyler. He was giddy about Tyler being with Gigi. And rumor is he was cast just to be the Bachelor. No way Clare picks him. 

Edited by Kerri Johnson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

From RS regarding on Clare's season with changes post-COVID-19 pandemic:

In today’s podcast beginning at the 9:37 mark, I talk about what the “Bachelorette” currently has as a plan for filming this season. Here are the bullet points of what I talk about in today’s podcast:

-They are looking to film in July/Aug for 5 weeks.
-The show would air in September.
-They are looking to film the entire season in ONE LOCATION.
-That means all dates, cocktails parties, rose ceremonies, etc would all happen in one location.
-The objective would be to find a resort (they have not secured anything yet, this is just what they’re trying to do) that would give them 100% EXCLUSIVITY to their cast and crew.
-Everyone on cast and crew would be tested prior to arrival, the show would be on complete lockdown for 5 weeks of filming with no one leaving the premises.

Those are the main points that the show is looking at right now. Brings up a lot of questions I know, and I go over these at the beginning of the podcast, but some of the questions I address:

-If they can’t secure 100% exclusivity to a resort, does that mean this season doesn’t happen? Or this just a contingency plan?

-5 weeks in the same location means no travel, no hometown dates, every date would be pretty boring, and there would be no public dates that get out since no one is at that location except them.

-Will it be hard to get spoilers if there’s no public dates and everything happens in the same location? Well, BIP is filmed at the same location every season and I’ve spoiled all 6 of those seasons, so, doesn’t seem like it’d be too much of a problem. But too early to tell.

-If they do this, what does this mean for “Bachelor,” which normally films from Sept. through mid November? Would it still go on as normal? Would it get pushed back? If they did push it back, they aren’t going to film over Thanksgiving and Xmas, so does that mean pushing back filming would go into 2021? If so, then what airs in Jan. of 2021 when normally the “Bachelor” would start airing?

-If they do shoot “Bachelor” as normal beginning in September, who would the “Bachelor” be? Clare’s season (with an air date of Sept), would only have aired maybe 1 or 2 episodes at that point, so could they really pull someone from her season the audience barely knows and would already know he doesn’t win Clare’s season?

-What does this mean for BIP?

So there’s a lot of questions still unanswered, but this is where the show is at right now with they want to do for filming. This is the first report out there detailing what they’re looking for, so I don’t know if the show will address this publicly or not. But I know this is what they’re looking to do and have sent feelers out to try and secure a resort for this season. I definitely see pros and cons to them doing this. It’s still in the early stages as we’re still 3 months away from this potentially even happening, but just wanted to give you a heads up on what I’ve been told is happening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I don't think that it would be boring because they're not traveling.  Most of the dates they do could be done in a hotel ballroom or in the ocean.  Acting/photoshoot date, sports dates, massage dates ect. . . . .

• Love 2

Even if there isn't the typical travel and fun dates, I'm so excited to watch just because it's Claire. And honestly, maybe there would be less confusion on feelings if they're dating in a less glamorous fashion. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Even if there isn't the typical travel and fun dates, I'm so excited to watch just because it's Claire. And honestly, maybe there would be less confusion on feelings if they're dating in a less glamorous fashion. 

I am hoping that the older lead coupled with being forced to be more local might bring the show back to where it started a bit. My fear is that they will still cast a bunch of young guys for drama but it would be refreshing to watch a couple adults who are actually looking for love first, fame second to "connect" on their "journey" to find "their person". 

• Love 6

Production has set up for The Bachelorette as Clare and the potential suitors are in quarantine as filming will begin next week:

Back in March, the original 32 guys were due to compete in this season as some have decided not to take part for the season.

Credit: Reality Steve

• Love 1

I am happy that the new guys will all be over 30. I'm actually more interested in the season because it's not a bunch of 23 year olds looking to boost their career of conning people into buying useless shit because some low level "celeb" took a picture of themselves using/wearing it. 

I will probably end up disappointed, but I am hoping Clare's older age season will be more like the earlier seasons where people were actually more interested in the lead than in their internet careers. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I will probably end up disappointed, but I am hoping Clare's older age season will be more like the earlier seasons where people were actually more interested in the lead than in their internet careers. 

Same.  I’m cautiously optimistic but then again on Dec. 31st, I was that way about 2020 so my bar is set real low.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

Facebook has released the contestants who will be competing in Clare's season.

Note: half of the original cast back in March were cut; as this season was recast due to age consensus with below 25 are indeed out.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
(edited)

Reality Steve posted on his Twitter about the initial release of the new improved cast of this season:

In addition, RS told about half of the original 32 guys in the initial cast were asked not to come back:

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1

Purely based on the photos alone, this is one of the better looking casts in awhile. I think its because some of them look like actual men instead of baby Instagram models.

I sound ancient, I swear I'm in my 20s but I just hate guys my age for the most part 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Based on photo and age alone, I'm calling Mike from Calgary as an early favorite. He isn't overly muscled or tattooed, doesn't have a douchebag hairstyle, and isn't overdressed (I'm always suspicious of guys who are).

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 10

I too picked out Mike from Calgary as an early favorite as nice looking and the right age.   Now watch him not be cast or gone night one.   Think Page, the chef from Texas could be another favorite, if he makes the final cast.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 12:45 AM, RealHousewife said:

Because the California desert is "the perfect place to fall in love."

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 8
On 7/19/2020 at 4:25 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

Looks like filming has already begun more than 24 hours ago as the journey goes on for this season.

Reality Steve said on his instagram live with Ashley Spivey last night that filming started on Saturday night. 

He rattled off a bunch of names of those that didn't get cast or were gone after night one.   The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Page, who of course I thought would go far.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rlc said:

Surely there are single men in their early 40s who are underemployed and want a free vacation, um, I mean to find everlasting love?

I wonder if any of them lost their job due to Covid and figured WTF, got nothing better to do? 

• Love 6

Do it Clare, do it!

That would be hysterical if she just packed her bags and left.   

Producers will probably get JoJo on the phone and get her to tell Clare if she could fake it with Robby, Luke, et al for six weeks, then Clare can too as JoJo's season was over the minute Jordan walked out the limo.

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Do it Clare, do it!

Producers will probably get JoJo on the phone and get her to tell Clare if she could fake it with Robby, Luke, et al for six weeks, then Clare can too as JoJo's season was over the minute Jordan walked out the limo.

And then suddenly Tayshia or Kendall or Jen Saviano was the new Bachelorette but no one said a word, just acted like she’d been there since day one.

Us: "That's not Clare."
Chris Harrison: "Yes it is."
Us: "That's clearly Tia.”
CH: “Oh. Well, I meant that one over there.”
Us: “You mean Hannah Brown in the blonde wig?”
CH: “No, next to her.”
Us: “The one with the pin that reads ‘Hi, I’m Hannah Anne’?”
CH: “Yeah. That’s Clare.”
Us: “I’m pretty sure that’s Hannah Anne.”
CH: “Nope, it’s Clare. Enjoy the season!” **runs**

Best season ever.

Edited by phlebas
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Now Us Weekly and Reality Steve are reporting that some of the guys that weren't put on the show on night one (remember, there were 42 guys out in quarantine) have been contacted about coming back out to California to join the show 2 weeks in.  So far, ZERO takers.

So whatever is going on, its a total trainwreck.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Now Us Weekly and Reality Steve are reporting that some of the guys that weren't put on the show on night one (remember, there were 42 guys out in quarantine) have been contacted about coming back out to California to join the show 2 weeks in.  So far, ZERO takers.

LOL.  And if I were Clare Or one of the other guys, I wouldn’t accept guys that had left quarantine.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Mrs. RaiderDuck and I were wondering how Clare's contract is set up. Can she just walk off the show this soon without facing financial recriminations from ABC and/or Fleiss' production company? They've invested a lot of money promoting her and bringing in a whole new cast to match her age.

One idea I'll put forth (and I claim ZERO inside information): Fly in Andi Dorfman as a replacement. She's single, old enough (33) that Clare's remaining suitors wouldn't be a total mismatch, and certainly knows the format.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Do it Clare, do it!

Wasn't JoJo supposedly sneaking Jordan over to her room early on for extended boom-boom sessions or whatever?

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

One idea I'll put forth (and I claim ZERO inside information): Fly in Andi Dorfman as a replacement. She's single, old enough (33) that Clare's remaining suitors wouldn't be a total mismatch, and certainly knows the format.

That would totally work. 

Overseas, something similar has or will be done as the TPTB in Australia just announced that the next bachelorette will be sisters and New Zealand last year had two bachelorettes vying for the same group of guys all season.  

Editing my post after just reading the spoiler on Reddit that Clare is out (for being difficult and not showing up for dates) and Tayshia has been brought in to replace her.

Be interesting to see if that is remotely true.   Does sorta make sense, especially if the rejects were called to come back.

My big question (if true):

what do the producers do with the first 12 days of film?!?   I say show it and then settle in to Tayshia arriving, like they did in New Zealand though the original bachelorette did stay.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3

Nowhere in that article does it say that Dale is so into Clare that he wants to pack up and run away with her too. Poor guy probably just went on the show for the Instagram boost like everybody else, and now he's stuck with a crazy person who quit filming because she's so in love and obsessed with him after 12 days.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, dom16 said:

Nowhere in that article does it say that Dale is so into Clare that he wants to pack up and run away with her too. Poor guy probably just went on the show for the Instagram boost like everybody else, and now he's stuck with a crazy person who quit filming because she's so in love and obsessed with him after 12 days.

If the Reddit rumors are true, Clare didn't quit but was fired. The "Clare fell in love with Dale and is leaving the show" narrative is pure spin, either by ABC trying to make something positive out of this disaster, or Clare herself (or someone close to her) leaking the info to justify her departure.

ETA: I can't say I'm surprised by this turn of events. Clare's hiring was promoted by ABC and the Bachelor Powers That Be as taking the franchise in a more mature direction, but Clare has always been an immature drama queen when I've seen her (I came into the franchise after Juan Pablo's season, but I saw her on BiP and Winter Games). Maturity-wise, Tayshia makes ten of her.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 6

Reality Steve's latest is that he is working his sources but thinks the Reddit spoiler is "serious".  

So good luck to Tayshia.  Hope she and the guys that are left have fun in the California desert!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

If the Reddit rumors are true, Clare didn't quit but was fired. The "Clare fell in love with Dale and is leaving the show" narrative is pure spin, either by ABC trying to make something positive out of this disaster, or Clare herself (or someone close to her) leaking the info to justify her departure.

That makes way more sense but again, poor guy if he's being used as her scapegoat. Unless he's allowed to reject her and stay for Tayshia, who I'm sure all of these guys would prefer to be their Bachelorette anyway.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, phlebas said:

OMG hahahahaha

Clare is known for making good choices. Right Benoit?

DA8A7F0C-9398-4B4E-BF07-C5315666D311.jpeg

Reality Steve adds more fuel to the fire:

The Most Dramatic Season Ever! 

13 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Do it Clare, do it!

I saw a discussion about this earlier today and the points were brought up that Clare: a) may have been able to connect with a contestant she likes prior to filming, and b) might be leery about cozying up to guys she's not really into during a pandemic. They tested everyone before filming but I'm not sure if the staff at the resort are all living on site for the duration. If not, it's an outbreak waiting to happen. I can see a 39 year old deciding the charade isn't worth it, if she's already decided on someone (and most Bachelorettes say they figured it out pretty quickly). Or. If she's not feeling any of them, that would be even more reason to throw in the towel early.

A true switcheroo might turn into an evolution in the franchise and a way TPTB could keep future leads in line. 

I liked Tayshia on Colton's season. I didn't understand the John Paul Jones thing.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 9

No matter what the real story is, whatever happens with Clare is gonna be a lot better than the ridiculous schlock we've had to put up with for the past few seasons. 

And since Rachel Lindsey is shitting a over Becca's relationship with Garrett, maybe Becca would admit they're splitsville, step in take another stab at being the most boring Bachelorette ever!!!

https://www.eonline.com/au/news/1174970/rachel-lindsay-calls-garrett-yrigoyen-a-quot-piece-of-s-t-quot-amid-becca-kufrin-split-speculation

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Mrs. RaiderDuck and I were wondering how Clare's contract is set up. Can she just walk off the show this soon without facing financial recriminations from ABC and/or Fleiss' production company? They've invested a lot of money promoting her and bringing in a whole new cast to match her age.

Naaa that makes too much sense!

I think ABC really screwed up.  They should have offered the next Bachelor slot to Dale Moss, instead of the wannabe Matt James.  Matt looks like a pitiful try-hard kid next to Dale.   

But they shot their wad on Matt already.  I'll bypass him as I bypassed Nick and Colton.  No sacrifice.  But I definitely would have tuned in for Dale.

• Love 3

Okay Reality Steve is going on Instagram live in a few minutes to tell us what "he knows".   It probably will be 1 million words that could be just 10 but I'm planning on tuning in as I'm not doing anything else tonight.

• Love 1