Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Highlights from Reality Steve's instagram live (its still going on but I"ve had enough):

He has confirmed that Tayshia is in Palm Springs and going to be the Bachelorette. 

What he doesn't know is what is happening with Clare.

Gave two possibilities:  

-Clare and Dale "talked" during the past four months, found "love" once they met and left after last night's 4th rose ceremony.  

-Clare was "difficult" and was "fired".  He really doesn't think this is what happened even though that is what the Reddit post implied.

Big question is what is happening with the 15 or so guys that are left and will new guys be brought in?

Guests that came on:  Ashley Spivey in her pajamas and then later Demi.  

Kelley was in the comments so I guess pretty much everyone associated with the show was lurking.

• Love 3

Maybe I'm too jaded, but am I the only one who thinks this is one big publicity stunt? ABC will have very little fresh content in the fall season due to the pandemic, and having a "normal" Bachelorette season filmed in one place with no travel would be pretty boring. So they need something "explosive" to get people talking and tuning in.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Maybe I'm too jaded, but am I the only one who thinks this is one big publicity stunt? ABC will have very little fresh content in the fall season due to the pandemic, and having a "normal" Bachelorette season filmed in one place with no travel would be pretty boring. So they need something "explosive" to get people talking and tuning in.

Ashley Spivey thinks that too.   And it would make sense since the producers would be aware of how New Zealand went with the original girl being on for a few episodes and then the younger Lily coming in like 4th episode.  RS does think that the first few episodes will be Clare's story and then the remainder will be Tayshia's.    He just doesn't know how they'll edit her story and just how much of relationship she had with Dale since she's known since March he would be a contestant.

He also thinks that ABC won't sit on the news that the change is being made.  Something to look out for early next week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, CindyBee said:

-Clare and Dale "talked" during the past four months, found "love" once they met and left after last night's 4th rose ceremony.  

Is this the Dale who is age 31 and from New York? I'd have liked more guys in the 35-44 age range but Clare likes them young, I guess.

• Love 1

Reading and thinking about all of this I think it all has to do with the BLM .  When did both the Bachelor and Bachelorette both have a black lead?

I think there has only been one black bachelorette and one black bachelor in that role.

I think before they could be called to task for their lack of consideration they stepped right up and can now say “see we care”!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Reading and thinking about all of this I think it all has to do with the BLM .  When did both the Bachelor and Bachelorette both have a black lead?

I think there has only been one black bachelorette and one black bachelor in that role.

I think before they could be called to task for their lack of consideration they stepped right up and can now say “see we care”!

Rachel is the only black lead they've had so far.  Matt James has already been "announced" as the next Bachelor, but who knows what will happen with him or when his season will even happen.    

I'll watch the beginnings with Clare, but I'm SO out for Tayshia.  I found her incredibly immature, and that crap-weasel John Paul Jones that she hooked up with on Paradise just showed me she has no taste, no class and no discretion.  I'll bypass her episodes.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, leighdear said:

Rachel is the only black lead they've had so far.  Matt James has already been "announced" as the next Bachelor, but who knows what will happen with him or when his season will even happen.    

I'll watch the beginnings with Clare, but I'm SO out for Tayshia.  I found her incredibly immature, and that crap-weasel John Paul Jones that she hooked up with on Paradise just showed me she has no taste, no class and no discretion.  I'll bypass her episodes.  

Takes all kinds to make a world, I guess 🙂 I adore Tayshia and was ambivalent at best on Clare

• Love 4
On 8/1/2020 at 5:43 PM, leighdear said:

I don't want to watch Tayshia, either.   This entire season sounds like a huge train wreck so I might just miss all of it.   (Oh, who am I kidding.   I'll bring the popcorn.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

I don't want to watch Tayshia, either.   This entire season sounds like a huge train wreck so I might just miss all of it.   (Oh, who am I kidding.   I'll bring the popcorn.)

I am not much of a Tayshia fan.  I am not sure what is going on with the Clare situation, but that would have been more fun (had it worked out to keep going).  But I guess if all of this makes the Bachelor feel relevant in BLM, okay then, lol.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

Of COURSE this will be a trainwreck, whether you like Tayshia or not! I can't wait.

Considering how many people like Hannah B so much they wanted her to have a second season, unwatchable trainwrecks seem to be in Bachelor Nation's wheelhouse.  Say what you like about Tayshia, but I want a lead who's old enough to rent a car! 🙂

• Love 12

Well!  My first time on the spoiler thread so the Tayshia news has got at least one person more interested than usual. 

I've always been a Clare fan, she's relatively honest in front of the camera and tends to wear her heart on her sleeve which makes for good TV.   I also like to look at her, her apricot hair and hourglass figure are my idea of beauty.  On the other hand, Tayshia might be more of the typical man's idea of beauty.  Every time Tayshia bounced down the beach in the opening credits of Bachelor In Paradise, my husband went into a trance.

So Tayshia might drive a few guys into really really fighting for her so that might be good.  I can definitely picture Clare getting mad halfway through the season and walking off.  

• Love 12

Apparently, Clare (or someone with access to Clare’s account) liked a tweet yesterday that said Tayshia would make a good Bachelorette. Leads and contestants normally aren't active on social media during filming...

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2

And now Life & Style is saying that Clare and Dale are engaged.  Sorry at work and can't bring over the tweet.

If true, they were def talking preshow and maybe even met as that was like 10 days, even quicker than a Paradise engagement.

And as someone on Reality Steve's twitter said, that must have been what the fireworks were about on Saturday.  

Edited to say that E! has confirmed the switch from "sources".

Just crazy!!!

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

And now Life & Style is saying that Clare and Dale are engaged.  Sorry at work and can't bring over the tweet.

If true, they were def talking preshow and maybe even met as that was like 10 days, even quicker than a Paradise engagement.

And as someone on Reality Steve's twitter said, that must have been what the fireworks were about on Saturday.  

Edited to say that E! has confirmed the switch from "sources".

Just crazy!!!

I looked up the weather in Palm Springs: the forecast has the high temperature at 100+ degrees all week, with two days at 111.  I'd probably consider getting TV-engaged to someone I only liked a lot, if it meant getting to leave the hellscape a month early and avoiding makeout sessions with other guys I wasn't really into, during a pandemic.

TPTB are probably being more lenient with this twist because the Bachelor Nation fans on social media weren't really feeling Clare anyway, and it adds some life to a season filming in one place with a lead who wasn't going to play along with the charade.  If everything were normal, it would be a lot easier for Clare to "respect the process" and get to travel the world for free, while TPTB would have major logistics issues on their hands if a lead quit on them.

Edited by Dejana
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I think that since guys that weren't cast were sent home and then called back that all this wasn't totally pre-planned but once Clare started to be "difficult" a week into filming, that they made up their minds to switch leads and have the MOST DRAMATIC SEASON EVER.

And I too totally don't blame Clare for bailing on the heat and making out with guys she has zero interest in.  

Will be interesting to see who breaks the official news.  Mrs. Chris Harrison???  People Magazine?

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I think that since guys that weren't cast were sent home and then called back that all this wasn't totally pre-planned but once Clare started to be "difficult" a week into filming, that they made up their minds to switch leads and have the MOST DRAMATIC SEASON EVER.

And I too totally don't blame Clare for bailing on the heat and making out with guys she has zero interest in.  

Will be interesting to see who breaks the official news.  Mrs. Chris Harrison???  People Magazine?

Lauren Zima and Chris Harrison aren't married but considering her line of work, he'd be in the doghouse if she were really the last to know:

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

And now Life & Style is saying that Clare and Dale are engaged.  

The ticking of her biological clock must be deafening. She must feel like she's in an Edgar Allen Poe story.

Juan Pablo is sitting somewhere laughing his ass off

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

According to Life and Style, on filming day 12, she refused to come out of her room and film.   I get not wanting to fake it, but she has a contract for x number of episodes.   Even Colton waited until final three.  

https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/bachelorette-clare-crawley-and-dale-moss-are-engaged/

Clare has always been a diva and, from what I've read, the producers had enough of her antics.  I'll be happy if we don't have to watch an entire season of her being a pain in the butt.  And it wouldn't surprise me if it's true that she is already engaged; but I bet the relationship will go bust, just like her engagement to Benoit.  Bring on Tayshia--I love her!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

I am deciding to skip Clare's season whatever. I will not watch this season and move on to Matt James' The Bachelor season.

If Matt doesn't PUT ON A DAMN MASK we're going to have extra drama with him too.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

If Matt doesn't PUT ON A DAMN MASK we're going to have extra drama with him too.

Right? This Clare-Tayshia switch sets a precedent and if Matt's careless partying leads to him getting Covid, there would be less blowback now if TPTB ended up replacing him.

I wonder if the fireworks display was part of the proposal. Was there a Neil Lane ring, too? 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Was there a Neil Lane ring, too? 

Maybe they just used Hannah Ann's. Or Hannah B's. There are plenty of Barely Used Neil Lanes around they can grab in an emergency

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I wonder if Neil Lane has the Bachelor equivalent of a Bat Phone?   In case of emergency engagements, he can have a selection of rings couriered to the location.  Of course, he'd have to do a digital Zoom consultation with the groom-to-be, as the 2 week quarantine would be impractical....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I’m very curious to see how they’re going to handle this in the episodes. Will they be honest about Clare starting the relationship before the show began filming? If not, how are they going to sell the “love at first sight” story leading to an engagement in 2 weeks? It’s going to be interesting. 

• Love 1

so the snarky me wants to know if "bachelor nation" will embrace Clare and her new guy as a franchise success story.... Tayshia--I thought she was incredibly attractive but I found her to be very very competitive and i didnt even think she liked Colton. This is a win for the franchise because it is more diversity and of course I will tune in!! Perhaps theyll have JPJ show up on first nite like Nick did on Kaitlyn's?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Perhaps theyll have JPJ show up on first nite like Nick did on Kaitlyn's?

This is the best possible timeline. Especially if he shows up in a fake mustache, French beret, fake accent, and makes her call him Jean Paul Jean.

Also, what on Earth is this about?

CCE049DF-2F05-48A8-8B66-93F04AB8C7A3.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Wow. This is the most vicarious excitement I’ve experienced since lockdown. I guess Neil Lane had a case of extra rings since the shuttering of Paradise. Bring in all the desperate ladies in Bachelor Family. Come and pick a COVID-free man and grab a ring on the way out! You get a fiancé! And YOU get a fiancé! EVERYONE gets a fiaaaaaaaancEEEEEE!

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

Speaking of Neil Lane...

When did he become the ring supplier for the franchise?  I noticed when watching Ali's revisit the other night that the ring Roberto gave her looked nice. Was that before Neil came on board, or did he accidentally make a ring that doesn't look like a gaudy piece of crap?

• LOL 4
On 8/1/2020 at 3:26 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I don' t think the scandal has anything to do with BLM.  In fact, one of the criticisms of the franchise isn't just with the leads themselves but the fact that the black contestants rarely make it to the end. 

Dale Moss appears to be black (I think I read he's biracial).  So if he was Clare's clear #1, I would think the producers would have wanted her to go through with the charade to have a black "winner."  That would have been BLM appropriate in a different way than who they select as the lead.

2 hours ago, phlebas said:

Also, what on Earth is this about?

I wonder, since they're losing the lead but might keep the guys, if they're going to do a "the bachelors choose the next bachelorette" since the person they technically signed up for isn't around.  I hated it last time so I'd hope not.  Or maybe they'll do two and hope the two women fight over one guy.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don' t think the scandal has anything to do with BLM.  In fact, one of the criticisms of the franchise isn't just with the leads themselves but the fact that the black contestants rarely make it to the end. 

Dale Moss appears to be black (I think I read he's biracial).  So if he was Clare's clear #1, I would think the producers would have wanted her to go through with the charade to have a black "winner."  That would have been BLM appropriate in a different way than who they select as the lead.

I wonder, since they're losing the lead but might keep the guys, if they're going to do a "the bachelors choose the next bachelorette" since the person they technically signed up for isn't around.  I hated it last time so I'd hope not.  Or maybe they'll do two and hope the two women fight over one guy.

right after the BLM stuff, Rachel was out there complaining very loudly about the lack of diversity and immediately Matt was hired. I have to believe to a small degree that Tayshia's race helped in the hiring decision but I think she will be fun to watch. She is really gorgeous so I could see the guys really competing for her.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I have to believe to a small degree that Tayshia's race helped in the hiring decision but I think she will be fun to watch. She is really gorgeous so I could see the guys really competing for her.

I do agree with her casting, diversity may have played a factor.  Or maybe they wanted to make it so Rachel didn't have the "claim" on being the only black female lead. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I hope not, but that was the first thing I thought too.

The story on US Weekly also says Becca Kufrin is loitering around there, too, which makes even less sense.  Even if she finally did lose that 210 pounds of useless weight she's been dragging around, what could she be doing?  Since Tayshia got thrown in, maybe they're building her a support group?  (Not that I can think of any connective tissue among those three.)  In these pandemic times, are they now just planning to have backups just in case?

But screw it. Go fetch Kendall and Madison and Cassie and Tia and, just for the lulz, Bibiana. The more the merrier.

3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I do agree with her casting, diversity may have played a factor.  Or maybe they wanted to make it so Rachel didn't have the "claim" on being the only black female lead. 

That's a nefarious thought.  ABC got tired of Rachel pushing them around as the only black lead in the show's history, so they're going to bring in more and then ignore Rachel again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

In fact, one of the criticisms of the franchise isn't just with the leads themselves but the fact that the black contestants rarely make it to the end. 

Jimmy Fallon quipped that the First Black Bachelor would have to eliminate himself at the second rose ceremony.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I think Tayshia's racial/ethnic identity at this moment is a plus to TPTB, but they were allegedly considering her for lead this winter. The rumors were that it wasn't going to be someone from Peter's season, but Tayshia and Tia were among contenders, and then the Clare news hit. 

If it's going to be more of a Paradise set up or dueling Bachelorettes vs. a single new lead, TPTB should have tried to downplay the "Tayshia's the new lead!" reports because it's everywhere and being viewed as a done deal. If this season really just becomes BIP: Palm Springs Edition, TPTB will get flack for shoving the woman of color to the side or not thinking she was worthy of being lead on her own. As it is, there is some criticism along these lines already, that this switch prevents Tayshia from getting the normal pre-show publicity push like all the other leads.

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think we could have a whole new show. As soon as the lead finds "the one" they tap out and are replaced with a backup. The contestants carry on like nothing has changed and Clarishannah is totally their "person"! despite the fact she's three different people, but hell, any fame whore is as good as the next for your fake engagement. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Maybe they are putting Hannah Ann in quarantine in case Taysia comes down with Covid.

Ah that makes sense.  Keep them both separated from the cast and one another before resuming filming. 

So is Becca the third option? I mean, I hope she has dumped Garrett but it'd be harder to sell a love story when her season as bachelorette was announced right on the heels of us finding out that she and Arie were splitsville.  And we'd likely find out about her and Garrett right around the time she'd be announced as the replacement to the replacement. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with someone throwing herself into the dating field right after a split.  Sometimes the relationship is technically over long before it's officially over but fantasy and all that....

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Maybe Becca and Hannah Ann are there to host dates/activities on site or give the remaining guys a pep talk about being jilted (in a way) by the lead. 

Michelle Money is friends with Clare and said in her Instagram Stories that Clare never spoke to/contacted Dale prior to filming, although she was impressed by his social media account. Here's Michelle's IG profile:

https://www.instagram.com/michellemoney/

If they had been in contact for months already, getting engaged 12 days after the season started wouldn't seem quite so flaky.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Maybe Becca and Hannah Ann are there to host dates/activities on site or give the remaining guys a pep talk about being jilted (in a way) by the lead. 

Michelle Money is friends with Clare and said in her Instagram Stories that Clare never spoke to/contacted Dale prior to filming, although she was impressed by his social media account. Here's Michelle's IG profile:

https://www.instagram.com/michellemoney/

If they had been in contact for months already, getting engaged 12 days after the season started wouldn't seem quite so flaky.  

Remember, Clare is the one who, on Winter a Games, fell hard for that player guy, dithered about Benoit, left them both after 3 episodes and then got engaged to Benoit at the reunion shoe, IIRC.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yeah, it sounds likely that the show will start off as Bachelorette and then evolve into Bachelor in Paradise after Clare runs off with her man. Though it sounds like it’s just ‘ettes coming in and picking from Clare’s leftovers—so far, anyway.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Remember, Clare is the one who, on Winter a Games, fell hard for that player guy, dithered about Benoit, left them both after 3 episodes and then got engaged to Benoit at the reunion shoe, IIRC.  

yes so who knows. oh god, as much as I dislike Tayshia, please anyone but Tia or <gag>Demi. lol. Becca broke up with Garret? All reality Steve does is podcasts so if anyone knows where I can read spoilers, by all means, share 🙂

• Love 4
On 8/3/2020 at 5:11 PM, CindyBee said:

well shoot in a lot of the very early seasons women went to the show with no clue who the bachelor was--this could be dramatic!! I still remember the women on andrew firestones season, realizing they had a millionare on the set!! My favorite season 🙂

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

yes so who knows. oh god, as much as I dislike Tayshia, please anyone but Tia or <gag>Demi. lol. Becca broke up with Garret? All reality Steve does is podcasts so if anyone knows where I can read spoilers, by all means, share 🙂

It is probably pretty hard to get spoilers this season because of quarantine.