Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I'm trying to keep an open mind about Dale but there has been some chatter on Reddit from people that know/work with him and the picture they paint isn't so great.  Add in the rumors that during the time from casting in March and filming beginning in August, he was very active , sliding in to instagram DMs, etc doesn't give me much hope for Clare's happily ever after with this guy.   Guess time will tell if her going all in Dale results in anything substantial and he really is the real deal.  

As for the others, can't wait for all the drama.    

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Wow, the season previews were something.  Interesting how quickly they turn on Dale.   Sour grapes or no smoke without fire?

Its hard to say.  Other front runners were well liked in the house by the guys so Dale becoming universally hated does seem to be something.   Something to keep an eye on as the change is made to Tayshia .

• Love 1

So Reality Steve's new blog is up.

In it, says that we'll never see Eazy again in the franchise as someone has come forward with serious allegations.   So I went and checked Reddit and it seems that someone on Twitter has a post up about how they went to production about Eazy and told them he assaulted their friend but production didn't do anything.   RS has spoken to the woman involved (not sure if its the friend or victim) and says its not good at all for ABC/producers.   

So I don't know what happens now as episodes are already been edited and from last night it seems that Eazy is a main story line, with him crying over Clare.    At least he's not part of the spoiled Tayshia final four so hopefully he leaves soon after Clare & Dale depart.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Useful 1

How was Tayshia already quarantined for the show?  Did they delay production 14 days to get her there?  How did they get a few more "new" guys in for her unless they were quarantined?  Is there always a backup lead?  I tend to think that Clare knew about Tayshia and that she was already onsite.

Clare's reaction to meeting Dale for the first time literally makes no sense ("I knew it! I knew it would be him!") if they hadn't met before.  As a 39 year old woman falling in love at first sight makes no sense since presumably you'd know there are more to relationships than just physical attraction.  It also makes no sense they'd be engaged less than 2 weeks after meeting, that first kiss that had totally caught him by surprise and was awkward.

• Love 8

This is what I remember from reading Reality Steve/Reddit back when the news of the switch broke.

There is suppose to be 12 days of Clare filming with 2 more rose ceremonies to go before either Clare quits or was fired over the weekend of August 1/2.  The original Reddit rumor was that Clare was fired but she seems way too happy now for someone that was fired so I tend to believe that it was a mutual decision for her to leave. 

RS has said that the plan all along was to bring Tayshia on but I don't remember when Tayshia is rumored to have arrived in Palm Springs so I don't know how long her quarantine lasted.  Nor how long the new guys that come on to join the remaining 15 were isolated.   

Just for record according to Reality Steve, these are the fifteen Clare guys that are still on the show when Clare & Dale leave plus the four new guys:

• Ben--final 4;  RS says in latest blog that Ben has a backstory with serious brain injury.  Can see him getting a big story arch once Tayshia's part of the season starts.
  • Bennett
  • Blake Moynes
  • Brendan--final 4
  • Chasen
  • Demar
  • Eazy
  • Ed
  • Ivan--final 4
  • Jason
  • Jay-hope he's out of the straight jacket by then
  • Joe
  • Kenny
  • Riley
  • Zac--final 4
  • Spencer--new guy
  • Montel--new guy
  • Peter--new guy
  • Noah--new guy

Edited by CindyBee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

What I’m wondering is if the guys are there because of Clare, would they necessarily want to be there for just anybody? I mean, assuming this is about finding love and not just being on tv! If I were Tayshia would I want someone who just stayed because they figured why not, I’m here already. I’m sure I’m overthinking this though!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

As a 39 year old woman falling in love at first sight makes no sense since presumably you'd know there are more to relationships than just physical attraction.  

That would be true for most 39 year old women. But this is Claire, who has a tendency to fall in and out of love rather quickly.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What I’m wondering is if the guys are there because of Clare, would they necessarily want to be there for just anybody? I mean, assuming this is about finding love and not just being on tv! If I were Tayshia would I want someone who just stayed because they figured why not, I’m here already. I’m sure I’m overthinking this though!

Of the 15 that make it to Tayshia, from the previews, we know Clare interacts alot with Eazy (he's crying and saying he's falling in love), Blake Moynes and I think its Kenny (but I could be wrong on that).

My guess is that those that "fall" for Clare don't transition over easily to Tayshia but those that are just fillers for Clare are more open to meeting Tayshia and then become part of her story.     I could be totally wrong on this--time will tell.

• Love 2

Hey, back in the day, we had Des all in for Brooks, period, full stop, ugly crying when he left, broken hearted and never-to-love-again.  Then SURPRISE!  Chris Siegfried is her fiancé at the end of the show and she swears it was never really, really, REALLY real with Brooks after all.

Bentley went on the show for Emily, but when Ashley showed up, he stayed.  He turned into the biggest ass on record, but he stayed long enough to go on some dates, do some activities and gaslight the sh!t out of the poor girl.  But he stayed. 

Jared didn't care much for Ashley I, he led her on, then turned her off, yet she wore him down to a nub and now they're married.  

Vanilla Ben told 2 women he was in love with them.  On camera. 

There's never a hard & fast rule for who is there for a particular person, since nobody can really "know" them from TV.  The Bachelor bubble changes people, and some just don't change back. 

Knowing who is really there for whichever woman is always going to be an unknown, no matter what the contestants say.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 10/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, scenicbyway said:

How was Tayshia already quarantined for the show?  Did they delay production 14 days to get her there?  How did they get a few more "new" guys in for her unless they were quarantined?  Is there always a backup lead?  I tend to think that Clare knew about Tayshia and that she was already onsite.

Clare's reaction to meeting Dale for the first time literally makes no sense ("I knew it! I knew it would be him!") if they hadn't met before.  As a 39 year old woman falling in love at first sight makes no sense since presumably you'd know there are more to relationships than just physical attraction.  It also makes no sense they'd be engaged less than 2 weeks after meeting, that first kiss that had totally caught him by surprise and was awkward.

Since Clare had such an intense reaction to Dale on Night 1, it might have occurred to TPTB that their season could be affected if the Bachelorette's F1 was impossible to hide. In the before times, this was easy enough to disguise with all the travel, private concerts, celebrity guests, etc. Maybe TPTB started early with the contingency plans.

Clare admits that she did check out her contestants online ahead of time. Dale is on social media, he used to play football and has done some events with the Special Olympics. It's not impossible that Clare developed a huge crush just based on what she saw of him online, and meeting him confirmed the positive impressions she already had. I remember an episode of Boy Meets World where the guy found a lost purse and fell for the girl just based on the contents. That was a sitcom but you can see/learn a lot more than that about a person from their Instagram, if they're the type to put themselves out there.

The show is acknowledging that one of the guys contacted her before filming. Why hide it with Dale? He and Clare look like bigger flakes for getting engaged after 12 days, if they weren't in contact first. Maybe communicating before the season would be "cheating" but who ever said the show is fair? If they did communicate first, the smart thing would be for the show not to address whether this happened with any of the contestants. 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Dejana said:

The show is acknowledging that one of the guys contacted her before filming. Why hide it with Dale? He and Clare look like bigger flakes for getting engaged after 12 days, if they weren't in contact first. Maybe communicating before the season would be "cheating" but who ever said the show is fair? If they did communicate first, the smart thing would be for the show not to address whether this happened with any of the contestants. 

Now that you raise that it does make you wonder if Clare made a big deal of saying it was okay that he reached out because it’s possible that it will come out that she and Dale were in touch before the show.  If she had allowed the other guy to be sent home it would look bad.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Now that you raise that it does make you wonder if Clare made a big deal of saying it was okay that he reached out because it’s possible that it will come out that she and Dale were in touch before the show.  If she had allowed the other guy to be sent home it would look bad.

That's fair. At this point, Clare and Dale are probably going to maintain that there was no contact, since that's their story (and it  may very well be the truth, besides). In this case, the show seems to be loving the drama, but they could just as easily have come down hard and banished them from Bachelor Nation for not "respecting the process". 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2

It was kind of weird that Claire said there was a RULE that none of the guys could contat her, and she appreciated the one guy who broke the rule.  She talked about it as  though - he was the only one who cared enough to reach out to her.    Yeah, the only one who would risk being sent home for breaking the rules. 

I smeall producer manipulation.  I bet he was told to contact her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The only "rules" the producers are paying attention to are overtly racist/homophobic behavior, physical violence beyond the "dates",  SERIOUS sexual misconduct and situations involving law enforcement, warrants and arrests.  

Everything else is soft-pedaled and pushed to the background.  Texting & phone calls before the season starts, girlfriends/boyfriends back home, stolen moments for smootching/boinking, etc.  Those make for dramatic shows and are always encouraged, if not engineered by production and the writers.  

Immoral is fine, illegal is not. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

My guess is they had Tayshia on deck starting the moment they realized the coronavirus was going to cause a long-term scheduling problem. That might also be why Hannah Ann was hanging out on set. 

Knowing Clare liked they do, they could easily imagine her falling in love during the lockdown with some hapless dude who shoved a Q-Tip up her nose. And Tayshia already lives in SoCal.

Or maybe it was insurance against COVID sniping the lead.

We may never know for realsies. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m really bummed about Clare’s truncated season. I’m having a hard time getting excited for Tayesha. Maybe if it doesn’t work out, which I doubt it will, she’ll get a do over and be the first woman over 40 to make “bachelor history”!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 10/15/2020 at 11:31 AM, leighdear said:

Hey, back in the day, we had Des all in for Brooks, period, full stop, ugly crying when he left, broken hearted and never-to-love-again.  Then SURPRISE!  Chris Siegfried is her fiancé at the end of the show and she swears it was never really, really, REALLY real with Brooks after all.

Bentley went on the show for Emily, but when Ashley showed up, he stayed.  He turned into the biggest ass on record, but he stayed long enough to go on some dates, do some activities and gaslight the sh!t out of the poor girl.  But he stayed. 

Jared didn't care much for Ashley I, he led her on, then turned her off, yet she wore him down to a nub and now they're married.  

Vanilla Ben told 2 women he was in love with them.  On camera. 

There's never a hard & fast rule for who is there for a particular person, since nobody can really "know" them from TV.  The Bachelor bubble changes people, and some just don't change back. 

Knowing who is really there for whichever woman is always going to be an unknown, no matter what the contestants say.  

Lol I’m cracking up over “

Ashley I wore him down to a nub” I’m sorry but that whole thing still kind of amazes me, she was relentless , beyond relentless and that whole thing is just ikky . And as far as vanilla Ben, Andy the marine told both Bevin and Tessa he loved them but no one really discussed it . 

• Love 5
On 10/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m really bummed about Clare’s truncated season. I’m having a hard time getting excited for Tayesha.

Same here. I was all in for Clare, an adult. I don't know Tayesha, I skipped that season for the first time ever, so don't care about her at all. Although she is 30 so maybe she's old enough to not, like, you know, like talk like a, like, you know, a tween, you know like. I might give her a chance but my thinking is, once Clare is out, so am I.

Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the snark here as long as I can. You guys rock.

• Love 7
On 10/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I would be thrilled. Tayshia is hotter and doesn’t act like a psycho. Now that I know Tayshia is coming on, I’m going to do my YouTubes again. 

• Love 4

So I didn't have anything else to do last night so I caught Reality Steve's Instagram live chat with Ashley Spivey.

As he droned on about how people need to stop complaining about Clare and Dale being front center with their love story, he mentioned that we would probably not be getting a love story with Tayshia.  

I guess we will see what that ends up being.  He could be right or he could be totally wrong.   

• Useful 2
On 10/22/2020 at 4:49 PM, thehepburn said:

I didnt expect to see a love story with either Clare OR Tayshia so it's no big deal to me.

Are people still watching this thing for a love story? I gave up on that years ago. Now it's just a train wreck that makes me feel better about my life choices (other than, you know, the life choice of wasting hours of my life on this show). 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7

Maybe I am too cynical but something is not right. Something isn't adding up. This whole Clare side of the season seems so forced and manipulated. Reality Steve has a very spotty record when it comes to the Bachelorette. Something isn't adding up with the clare & dale saga. Are they really even together? I know Clare's bff Michelle Money & Clare's salon is following Dale on insta, reality steve saying they are together but he can't confirm if they are engaged, Clare "leaving", etc. I'm trying to see IT but I can't. I'll tell you something, based on show edit I don't see a love story at all. SOMETHING is not right here.

• Love 4
On 10/20/2020 at 9:46 AM, nlkm9 said:

Lol I’m cracking up over “

Ashley I wore him down to a nub” I’m sorry but that whole thing still kind of amazes me, she was relentless , beyond relentless and that whole thing is just ikky . And as far as vanilla Ben, Andy the marine told both Bevin and Tessa he loved them but no one really discussed it . 

There was a ton of snark on the old TWOP board about Andy. The TWOP crowd adored Tessa and hated and ridiculed Bevin, even making fun of her religion. The general attitude was anything crumby that Andy did was ok because Bevin was a lower quality girl than Tessa. 

Clare and her friends like Michele Money and Rachel Lindsey have made sure the narrative is that Clare and Dale did not talk/met before filming but Fleiss and company sure want us to believe that they did:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-harrison-tells-clare-men-165000948.html

At this point it really doesn't matter to me.  I'm just looking to see how Tayshia's rumored final four are now edited.   Dare we will now see Ben, Ivan, Brendan and Zac actually speak!?!

• Love 2

Reality Steve has a new blog up about Tayshia's final four.

Brendan leaves on his own and doesn't have a 'hometown'.   Tayshia is crushed as Brendan was the one she wanted but she moves on with the other three and ends up choosing Zac over Ben (that matches the post on Reddit that Ben was final 2 and "sad" when he came home.)

Tayshia and Zac are not engaged and RS is not sure of their status right now.   

Kinda feel bad for Tayshia that it didn't work out with Brendan but hopefully she's okay with that and moves on, with or without Zac.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 4

Part of the reason I'm bagging the rest of the season with Tayshia, is because I can simply not believe in any way, shape or form that she wants a relationship of any kind.  Her too-stupid-to-be-believed "relationship" with John Paul Jones on BIP made me despise her whole cutesy, girly, persona.  I agree with Steve, she just wants social media coverage to become an influencer.  

Why the hell else would your ONLY "real feelings" be for a dude barely divorced, and probably just trolling for some strange on a TV show?  Sloppy seconds boy, her "chosen" one is probably just like her.  

• Love 9

Zac C. seems cool and genuine so far, and he has a really interesting backstory and a tough past with serious addiction that he's overcome. He now runs a sober living facility on the East Coast, so I definitely can't see him moving out to LA to be an influencer with Tayshia. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Zac C. seems cool and genuine so far, and he has a really interesting backstory and a tough past with serious addiction that he's overcome. He now runs a sober living facility on the East Coast, so I definitely can't see him moving out to LA to be an influencer with Tayshia. 

Very altruistic and awesome way to help folks, good for Zac C.  So why exactly did he take a few months off to go all the way to California to first quarantine, far away from the folks he helps, then maybe, possibly hook up with a girl he doesn't even know?  Would that get him some publicity and attention for his facility?  Would that really be the best use of his time & resources?  Because the contestants don't get paid, we know that.  He must have plenty of cash socked away to afford that kind of boondoggle. 

Yes, I sound very cynical.  Because most legit substance abuse and assistance programs don't have the luxury to randomly let key administrators fly off on the chance to possibly bang a stranger on a TV show.  Just for the hell of it.  Fishy. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

Very altruistic and awesome way to help folks, good for Zac C.  So why exactly did he take a few months off to go all the way to California to first quarantine, far away from the folks he helps, then maybe, possibly hook up with a girl he doesn't even know?  Would that get him some publicity and attention for his facility?  Would that really be the best use of his time & resources?  Because the contestants don't get paid, we know that.  He must have plenty of cash socked away to afford that kind of boondoggle. 

Yes, I sound very cynical.  Because most legit substance abuse and assistance programs don't have the luxury to randomly let key administrators fly off on the chance to possibly bang a stranger on a TV show.  Just for the hell of it.  Fishy. 

Ha, I have no idea! I generally don't understand how most of these people have the time/money/freedom to be on this show...

• Love 3

Reality Steve has been wrong the last couple seasons and I have an inkling he’s wrong again. We know he especially has a hard time with bachelorette seasons. I think his guess is as good as ours. 

right now, I bet she’s happily with someone. I’m not getting the vibes Hannah and Peter gave of them being unhappy after the season was over

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Dale's moved on since his Twitter post 19 hours ago?  Seriously, "the gossip" of random people knows something the man himself doesn't know?  *ROFL*

Poor Dale, I hope the general public clues him in to the fact that he's NOT with the woman he says he's with. 

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Even if they are still together , it’s only been what , a month ? Two ? And in that time I’m sure they could only see each other secretly every so often . It’s not much of an accomplishment . I just don’t see a long lasting relationship with them but then again , I didn’t with Sean and Catherine in the beginning either . But they seem like more stable people than Clare . 

• Love 6

Deuxmoi on IG has a LOT of DMs about Dale and his behavior. Supposedly, it's all for show. I think it might be for Dale, but if Clare is faking it, she's a world class actress because she seems totally head over heels. I don't think it will last, but I also think she's going to be totally heartbroken when it ends. She wanted The Bachelorette for so long and then she drove it right off into the ditch. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Details please!

He's been seen out with a lot of women. DMing women. Dating women. Basically, that it moved too quickly on the show and that he's already over it and has moved on. Duexmoi says that the information that is coming in is that they are faking it for the show right now so that they don't look like complete fools but that he is spending time with lots of other women and that the relationship is already over. Both of them have had a huge increase in IG followers, so at least there's that?

It may not be true, but that's what the account is reporting.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, valen said:

Deuxmoi on IG has a LOT of DMs about Dale and his behavior. Supposedly, it's all for show. I think it might be for Dale, but if Clare is faking it, she's a world class actress because she seems totally head over heels. I don't think it will last, but I also think she's going to be totally heartbroken when it ends. She wanted The Bachelorette for so long and then she drove it right off into the ditch. 

All her fault. He’s a scammer and we’ve seen his type before, Peter k. And Tyler C. He’s another fitness guy/ athlete looking for a come up because zero career projects. He had his fair share of women in NY, I know. I said in another thread I know someone who trained with him. He’s going to use her up (connections, money that come with being her F1) and move on and paint her as the crazy one (which will likely be true because of how obsessed she is over him)

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Has RS said anything about this? I hate to give him credit, but typically he’d be all over a scandal like this. There’s really no hint in the comments on Dale’s social media about seeing other girls, and you’d think more than one spoiler account would have picked up on it. 

And now I must cleanse myself from defending Clare and Dale. Yuck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don’t think Dale is a scammer, just a guy who would like to live his life without a rush to marriage. We’ve watched Clare and her tiresome ass milk this franchise, so why shouldn’t a newby get his? He’s going to have too many options to put all his eggs in clares basket. 

• Love 7

Per Reality Steve and Clare's Instagram, they've been in both Sacramento where she lives and North Dakota visiting his family.  There's no scandal that's being reported by anybody except whoever that Instagram person is. 

I'm sure plenty of people are going to say plenty of things about both of them.  They seem happy, and some people just HATE to see that.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

They seem happy, and some people just HATE to see that.  

Yeah, I do kind of hate to see Clare happy, I have to admit.  Because of the way she treated the other guys - cancelling cocktail parties, letting them get ready for a group date then deciding to not show up - pretty much treating a group of guys like they were insignificant and unworthy of her attention.  SHe ends up saying how she was impressed with all of them - but I bet she wouldn't even get their names right, because they dind't matter to her.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

That IG account is locked and private so not much accountability for what this person says. 

Exactly.  So this person knows somebody who knows somebody and they can prove exactly what?  When you have facts, you don't have to hide.  When you have gossip and speculation, you hide and pretend to know things.  

Dale has done brand representation for more exclusive and luxe brands than Nick Vile ever got anywhere near.  He didn't get paid for being a contestant, and they've done very little press that would let him roll in cash.  I can't see the golddigger others see. 

Whatever, I'm not going to obsess over them.   

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6