Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

From RS:

Speaking of “Bachelorette,” lets do a little “Bachelorette” talk. We’re basically two weeks away from them making their official announcement, since I’m assuming it’ll come in the last two segments of Peter’s 2 part finale on the 9th and 10th. They’ll introduce who it is, then I’m sure she’ll be introduced to 5 of her guys like the last 3 seasons where Rachel, Becca, and Hannah all did. Meaning a decision is coming soon. Anyone who says they’ve already chosen who it is is lying. Then haven’t made their decision yet. Clearly a lot of people get interviewed, and multiple women sign contracts so when they do make their announcement, they’re ready to go and start shooting intros. I can tell you three names that I know for sure have been in LA and met with production for formal interviews: Kelsey, Tayshia, and Tia. I’m sure there were more, but those three definitely did. I can’t tell you who they like better, like less, whatever. One thing I keep hearing is that they’re not gonna go with someone from Peter’s season. There may be something to that. I don’t know for sure. But those three women are in the running. Did they want Hannah Brown? Absolutely. She was their top choice but they couldn’t agree on money apparently and she’s out unless something drastic happens. That’s the latest I have on “Bachelorette.” A decision should be made within the next week or so on who they end up choosing.

Source: https://realitysteve.com/2020/02/26/the-bachelor-peter-spoilers-reader-emails-bachelorette-talk-chris-harrison-speaks-on-spoilers/

• Love 2

You know... I'm not against a Clare season.  I'll watch regardless of who the lead is but I think I'd watch her season with more interest in how it plays out rather than just hate watch.  I liked her on Winter Games (her and Lesley M in the tub cracked me up).   If the cast also skewed older, it could be stop the cycle of the under 26 set being leads.  Color me intrigued.  

• Love 10

I would actually watch if Clare were Bachelorette. I always liked her. I would love it if her dog was with her. And she's not 23 so maybe, just maybe we'd get a more interesting group of guys. I would be shocked if it happened, because it would make me happy and this show seems to go out of it's way to make me miserable, but of those named, she is my top choice by miles and miles. 

• Love 10

From Reality Steve's blog yesterday...

I can tell you three names that I know for sure have been in LA and met with production for formal interviews: Kelsey, Tayshia, and Tia. I’m sure there were more, but those three definitely did. I can’t tell you who they like better, like less, whatever. One thing I keep hearing is that they’re not gonna go with someone from Peter’s season. There may be something to that. I don’t know for sure. But those three women are in the running. Did they want Hannah Brown? Absolutely. She was their top choice but they couldn’t agree on money apparently and she’s out unless something drastic happens. That’s the latest I have on “Bachelorette.” A decision should be made within the next week or so on who they end up choosing.

Re: the bolded....hallelujah!!!

So they did want Hannah Brown. I guess I am not surprised. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

would actually watch if Clare were Bachelorette. I always liked her. I would love it if her dog was with her. And she's not 23 so maybe, just maybe we'd get a more interesting group of guys.

So many people are against this because she is 38 but Arie’s age had no such qualms.  I’m all about someone who hit a 3rd decade of life over someone who is just barely out of their teens.

• Love 12
On 2/27/2020 at 7:31 PM, LBS said:

So many people are against this because she is 38 but Arie’s age had no such qualms.  I’m all about someone who hit a 3rd decade of life over someone who is just barely out of their teens.

I don't think the issue is how many people, it's which people. Meaning Fleiss. He's a misogynist and loves to humiliate "older" women on his shows (Gwen on Bachelor Pad, Tracy on Colton's season, the "my eggs are rotting" woman on Travis's season). He's never going to acknowledge that a woman who's closer to 40 than 30 can be desirable, let alone have men compete for her.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

So it’s not any of the finalists from this season. Good. I’m dying to know who it is!

I guess the door is still open for Kelsey, but she's probably a long shot.  

I don't buy the rumors about Clare. If I had to bet, I'd lean towards Tayshia.

1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

Claire is the new Bachelorette! I’m excited. Enough of these 20-something babes!

You are right. From RS:

I am fucking shocked right now. I am boycotting this show temporarily starting from the conclusion of Peter’s season until early September.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1

I'm excited to see how Clare's season goes and all those 20 something "influencers" on Pete's season heads must be exploding but off to paradise/Summer games for them.

Wonder if any guys already cast will drop out?!   Probably not as they are just trying to get to Paradise themselves

• Love 6

Just when I think I'm finally out they pull me back in. Clare was one of my all time favorite contestants. I found her fun. And if it means not having a like inexperienced like social media raised like kid who's like not even like sure what like they want out of life... I'm happy. 

• Love 17
(edited)
4 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

As the twitter from RS came out, I wonder Iceland won't be the only International destination for Clare's season, it will have Germany and France/Monaco in later episodes.

This show is not that important in the grand scheme of things, but I wonder how TPTB are going to deal with the threat of coronavirus wreaking havoc on international travel in the next month or two. Even places in the US might be off limits by April or May. What if someone comes down with it? Obviously, everyone's health comes first, but I just have no faith in TPTB handling anything remotely serious.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4

I’m hoping they’re not doing Clare an injustice by casting guys in their 20’s.  They started casting before deciding who was going to be the Bachelorette. I kind of wish they had decided first, kept it to themselves, and casted guys in their 30’s and 40’s.  

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Dejana said:

Why in the world is there only one guy older than Clare being cast?  With this group of 14 guys, the average age is between 28 and 29 -- ten years younger than Clare.  I hope the second half on contestants are more into their late 30's or early 40's.

• Love 6
(edited)

Reality Steve has a new tweet out this morning--the 25 year olds are being dropped and they will be doing late casting of older guys.   

Will see if they can pull together 5 or 6 decent 30/40 year olds--the rest can be for Peter's girls in Paradise.     She only needs one JP Rosenbaum  and/or Chris Seigfried.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 15
(edited)

And suddenly, the show seems interesting again!  *LOL*

I'm sure the showrunners are frantically assembling as many US locations as possible, to minimize the overseas component if necessary from a pandemic perspective. 

It could even be a marketing plot point...."Visit the most luxurious US destinations on all 3 coasts".....Seattle to Miami and various places in between...

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 8

I could not be happier about a slightly older Bachelorette and group of men. I am in my twenties, but I am so sick of the vocal fry (from both sexes) and "influencers" with no social skills or interest in getting married. I hope Clare's top 4 has some cool men over 30 so that the next Bachelor might be tolerable too. 

• Love 16

I don't hate this if it means we get a break from the southern religious virgin plotlines that have plagued the last few seasons. An actual adult lead whose dad doesn't talk about her like she's an 8 year old begging to be allowed to go to her first sleepover! How refreshing!

• Love 9

I haven’t watched the original recipe shows with any regularity for some time. I’ve caught an episode or two here and there, but I’ve only watched all of BIP and WG these past few years. I am all in for a Clare season! I’ve had a soft spot for her for awhile. Like many of you, I like the idea of a slightly older demographic, possibly less social influencer wannabes, and someone who may seriously want a partner. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve been so excited about the Bachelor franchise. Go Clare! 

• Love 10
On 2/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, nutty1 said:

I am excited. I have had enough of 20-something immature women. I think Claire will be fun, plus want to really find a husband.

Indeed, immature women pushing 40 need representation too. And I can think of no better representative than Clare Crawley.

Don't get me wrong, I like Clare, I really do. But she and maturity have never been in the same zip code.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Reality Steve has a tweet up where he shares an Instagram post from one of the dumped 20 something guys--I'm at work so can't bring it over.   

Anyway, said dumped guy is still moving to LA and seems to have wanted Madison as his bachlorette.  Guess he'll try out for some other reality TV mess, hahahahaha.

And I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised that the 20 somethings are being dumped.   Still expect a trainwreck of a season but just maybe it won't be so bad.  

• Love 8
(edited)

OMG I am THRILLED! I was terrified we'd keep going younger with one of Peter's women, and watching those zygotes holds no interest for me.

I'm now the age Clare was during Juan Pablo's season, and I'm happy we're going older for this season. They'll cast a bunch of men in their upper 20s and hopefully early to late 30s. Heck, I'm all for some foxes in their 40s! I will watch this season.

I lost interest in Peter's season after Hannah Brown's appearance, simply because I found their chemistry too convincing to see him with any of the other girls he had to choose from. I figured they'd go with Madison or Hannah Ann as B-ette and I'd be out of the franchise. WOO for going back to the well for a mature woman! It gives me hope!

For the record, I'd totally have watched Hannah B. 2.0. And that could still happen, but I'm glad to be rid of Peter's girls and I truly hope Clare finds her husband.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Here she is on GMA today. You have to watch a Chris Harrison Crest Whitestrips ad before you watch! I am hopeful, I only heard her say "like" twice and "um" once!!

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/clare-crawley-bachelorette-69328234

That is awesome.  I am happy they are going a different direction this time, and maybe she can bring the fun back to the show (getting back to dates, having the men fall for her, enjoying the process, etc).  

• Love 8

I really like Clare and being mid 30's/single myself, I can relate a lot to her. I hope they get late 30's/early 40's men for her. I hope it's a good season, back to the basics like Ashley H's season and they have good locations!

Benoit was 33, which was at least closer in age than a late 20 year old. 

Like another poster said, Clare only needs 1 JP Rosenbaum or Chris Seigfried. JP i think is one of the oldest male winners of the show - he was 34 when it aired in 2012. He's now 43 and still looks almost exactly the same. 🙂 

• Love 9

I swear, if Clare even ONCE does the jump-and-leg-wrap to any of her guys, I'm going to be so disappointed and will bash her without mercy. 

She absolutely CANNOT pull that off, and would ruin the entire season for me, no matter that she's in great shape.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

OMG I am THRILLED! I was terrified we'd keep going younger with one of Peter's women, and watching those zygotes holds no interest for me.

I'm now the age Clare was during Juan Pablo's season, and I'm happy we're going older for this season. They'll cast a bunch of men in their upper 20s and hopefully early to late 30s. Heck, I'm all for some foxes in their 40s! I will watch this season.

I lost interest in Peter's season after Hannah Brown's appearance, simply because I found their chemistry too convincing to see him with any of the other girls he had to choose from. I figured they'd go with Madison or Hannah Ann as B-ette and I'd be out of the franchise. WOO for going back to the well for a mature woman! It gives me hope!

For the record, I'd totally have watched Hannah B. 2.0. And that could still happen, but I'm glad to be rid of Peter's girls and I truly hope Clare finds her husband.

OMG I am SO GLAD its not Tia <gag> or Tayisha. 

2 hours ago, thatgirl-itsjess said:

I really like Clare and being mid 30's/single myself, I can relate a lot to her. I hope they get late 30's/early 40's men for her. I hope it's a good season, back to the basics like Ashley H's season and they have good locations!

Benoit was 33, which was at least closer in age than a late 20 year old. 

Like another poster said, Clare only needs 1 JP Rosenbaum or Chris Seigfried. JP i think is one of the oldest male winners of the show - he was 34 when it aired in 2012. He's now 43 and still looks almost exactly the same. 🙂 

I had such doubts about Ashleys season, so glad that she found her love.

• Love 3

Okay, I posted this theory on the Bachelor spoiler thread but am reposting here.

My theory is that they already have their silver fox male lead for the Senior Bachelor show and they picked Clare so they could plant him in her group of guys. He will make it to F4 or 3 and be absolutely HEARTBROKEN.

But! Never fear! Senior Bachelor is ready to film and we're all invested in seeing him find love. 

I'm excited for Clare and for some older guys. These vapid dimwit 20-somethings from the past few years have been tough to watch.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Reality Steve has a tweet up where he shares an Instagram post from one of the dumped 20 something guys--I'm at work so can't bring it over.   

Anyway, said dumped guy is still moving to LA and seems to have wanted Madison as his bachlorette.  Guess he'll try out for some other reality TV mess, hahahahaha.

And I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised that the 20 somethings are being dumped.   Still expect a trainwreck of a season but just maybe it won't be so bad.  

Here's the post:

• Love 2

Of course he'll "get clarity" "on his journey" to "find his person" if he makes sure to "Let his walls down" and "Go deep" when he meets with producers next time.  

It WILL be "amazing" and "so crazy".  Like, seriously.  

• LOL 12
(edited)
On 3/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

As the twitter from RS came out, I wonder Iceland won't be the only International destination for Clare's season, it will have Germany and France/Monaco in later episodes.

As I said on the post between Chattanooga and Iceland, Berlin (Germany) and South of France (including Monaco) will be the other locations for Clare’s season. Italy is full red alert as American, Canadian, British and Australian are issued travel advisories not to travel in certain areas, e.g. Lombardy and Veneto.

The destinations would follow in the production for Clare’s season:

• Weeks 1-3 are always in Los Angeles, California, USA 🇺🇸
  • Week 4: Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA 🇺🇸
  • Week 5: Iceland 🇮🇸
  • Week 6: Berlin, Germany 🇩🇪
  • Week 7: French Riviera (Nice, Saint-Tropez and Cannes), France 🇫🇷 and Monte Carlo, Monaco 🇲🇨
  • Week 8: Hometowns, USA 🇺🇸

We've been discussed whether Fantasy Suites + Overnights + Meet the Parents + Last Chance Dates will both be in Colombia 🇨🇴, probably in Santa Marta and Cartagena.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
remove spoiler button
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ApprenticeFan said:

As I said on the post between Chattanooga and Iceland, Berlin (Germany) and South of France (including Monaco) will be the other locations for Clare’s season. Italy is full red alert as American, Canadian, British and Australian are issued travel advisories not to travel in certain areas, e.g. Lombardy and Veneto.

Reveal spoiler

The destinations would follow in the production for Clare’s season:

Weeks 1-3 are always in Los Angeles, California, USA 🇺🇸

Week 4: Chattanooga, Tennnessee, USA 🇺🇸

Week 5: Iceland 🇮🇸
Week 6: Berlin, Germany 🇩🇪
Week 7: Nice, France 🇫🇷 and Monaco 🇲🇨

“The Bachelorette: Love In The Time Of Coronavirus”

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 5