Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

They really seem to be pushing Wells as a "star" of Bachelor in Paradise.  He was on Worst Cooks in America Celebrity Edition (he won) and he was continually labeled as "Star of Bachelor in Paradise."  I really don't recall him being predominantly featured.  If he is on this next season, I think it's more due to who his fiance is rather than his being a breakout star of this franchise (Sarah Hyland).

• Love 2
On 8/7/2020 at 4:54 PM, seacliffsal said:

They really seem to be pushing Wells as a "star" of Bachelor in Paradise.  He was on Worst Cooks in America Celebrity Edition (he won) and he was continually labeled as "Star of Bachelor in Paradise."  I really don't recall him being predominantly featured.  If he is on this next season, I think it's more due to who his fiance is rather than his being a breakout star of this franchise (Sarah Hyland).

Honestly, given Sarah's medical history, I was surprised Wells would go anywhere near this petri dish.  But I guess they're taking lots of precautions, and I assume they live nearby.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, phlebas said:

Honestly, given Sarah's medical history, I was surprised Wells would go anywhere near this petri dish.  But I guess they're taking lots of precautions, and I assume they live nearby.

I thought the same thing.  How the hell would he want to risk her medical vulnerability around all those human swabs?  But I guess being a beloved part of the Bachelor nation means the opportunity to get tested about as often as a White House staffer....so every 20 minutes! 

I'm surprised Ashley I showed up, as I figured she'd be somewhere in a lab, safely incubating baby Jareds, with gigantic eyebrows and no tear ducts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

This is getting bullshit right now, from the idiot Reality Steve:

Been a crazy few weeks since the “Bachelorette” started filming on Saturday, July 18th at the La Quinta Resort & Spa in La Quinta, California. And no, it’s not to be mistaken for the La Quinta Inn which are normally right off the freeway and somewhere you stay at for $50 a night as you drive across the country. Different place. Like, by a gazillion times. But within the last week to ten days, a lot of media reports out there with “sources” and “insiders” telling them what’s going on, although none of these reports have really been able to nail down any specifics of anything for that matter. We get media stories every season, but this is a little bit different due to the nature of the situation being that Clare’s season is in one location, they aren’t traveling anywhere, and that location is basically on lockdown, so it’s not like civilians can get in and out. The pictures that have gotten out are all from photo agencies/paparazzi. There’s a lot to digest here, and if you haven’t followed on Twitter, IG, or watched my IG lives, I’m gonna catch you up on some stuff I’ve said on there. If you do follow all that, some of this will be repetitive. But since I haven’t written in a while, I wanted to put it all into a column that people can refer back to whenever. From what I’m being told, there seems to be a lot of misinformation being put out by the media sites, and that’s what I want to clear up today.

What I will say though is, you may not believe what I say today. Which is fine. Because it goes against the narrative being portrayed by the media right now. But I believe where and how I got this info is solid enough to report on. I guess it’s up to each of you individually to determine what narrative you believe. After telling you what I’ve heard, I’ll dissect this narrative and give my thoughts on it. Here’s some of the different things we’ve seen written in the media over the last week or so about Clare’s season:

-Clare quit filming
-Clare locked herself in a room and didn’t show up for a date
-Clare was being difficult and was essentially “fired” her job and replaced by Tayshia
-Clare was a problem on set, production didn’t want to work with her, and they let her out of her contract
-Clare and Dale had a pre-show relationship, that once they arrived on set, was impenetrable, therefore she decided to stop her own season and “run off” with him
-Clare got her phone back because her Twitter account liked a tweet about Tayshia being the new “Bachelorette”
-Clare and Dale are engaged

Those are just a few of the things that have been said. But you get the gist of it. Reading between the lines, essentially this narrative has been it’s been Clare controlling everything – from a pre-show relationship, to demanding to quit, to not showing up for dates, etc. What I’m here to report is that’s not what I’m hearing. In fact, I’m hearing the opposite. When I heard the report Clare and Dale were engaged, the ONLY thing that made sense to me was that “oh, well they must’ve been talking pre-show. Because if not, that means she got engaged to someone after 2 weeks (remember that part).” Logically, it was the only conclusion I could draw IF an engagement had happened. Otherwise, that’s a really quick engagement, and for someone like Clare who we know falls fast and hard (and yes, because I’m biased, someone I’m actually rooting for this season), I think a 2 week engagement would not look great for her in the public eye.

One thing NONE of these media outlets have reported on is Dale’s stance on all of this. Clare has all these feelings, Clare has fallen in love pre-show, Clare only wants Dale, Clare didn’t give any of the other guys a chance, Clare’s gonna regret this, etc. The question I kept asking myself is, don’t two people have to want this for this to all be true? Why is everything being pinned on Clare and we have no idea what Dale’s take on all of this was? Of all these stories being reported, if all true, Dale would have to be complicit as well in everything, no? Clare can want him every day of the week and twice on Sundays, and Clare can be willing to stop down a whole season for the guy, but if the guy doesn’t reciprocate those feelings, none of this happens. So where does that leave the whole situation? Here’s what I can report…

Clare and Dale are together. Whether they are engaged or not, I do not know. I would think a media outlet wouldn’t report they were engaged if they weren’t, but then again, I did during Colton and Cassie’s season, so I guess it’s possible. And again, it’s also Life & Style, who seems to write a new story every day, some even contradicting previous stories. But know this, Clare and Dale are together, Clare’s “Bachelorette” season in particular is over, and Tayshia has taken over as the next “Bachelorette.” So that part of the reporting, the basics, has been correct. And I think everyone has come to accept that over the last week or so. What I’ve been told is that this narrative of Clare being difficult, production not knowing what to do, Clare having a pre-show relationship – are not true whatsoever. So however Michelle Money knew, she was correct. Clare did not have a pre-show relationship with Dale heading into the show. Now, you can dissect that further all you want, but I’m talking about they were talking/texting/FaceTiming heading into the season, he had a leg up on everyone, their relationship had been established outside of seeing each other physically in person, etc. That I’m told did NOT happen. I’ve heard it’s just like Michelle said in her IG story, that Clare took a liking to him based on his IG feed and stories, liked what she saw, and definitely was the one guy who caught her eye heading into the show, possibly to the point where she had blinders on to the rest of them. But reports there was a pre-show relationship and this was planned between them is false.

Which brings us to Dale. What makes this information different than the media outlets is I’m hearing Dale felt the exact same way about Clare heading into the season. Like, to the point of when they met, sparks flew. She knew how much she was into him (as we heard Michelle detail), but apparently Dale revealed how much he had dug into her past and how excited he was to meet her as well. And from the beginning, basically no one else stood a chance. It was once producers noticed Clare and Dale’s chemistry that they realized they had a problem on their hands, and, in probably the biggest difference I’ve heard from what the media is reporting, is that it was production’s idea to go to Clare with a suggestion of, “Well, what do you want to do here? It’s clear you’re into him and no one else” kinda thing. And that’s where production had to think on the fly about what to do next and, eventually, settled on bringing in Tayshia as the “Bachelorette.”

Link: https://realitysteve.com/2020/08/11/the-latest-on-bachelorette-what-to-believe/

From now, I will not watch this season of The Bachelorette as planned.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Some interesting stuff there.  I definitely want to see the beginning with Clare & Dale, but I just can't stomach Tayshia's gigantic chin and blinding fake teeth constantly grinning and giggling.  No interest in her "journey" in the least.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

Some interesting stuff there.  I definitely want to see the beginning with Clare & Dale, but I just can't stomach Tayshia's gigantic chin and blinding fake teeth constantly grinning and giggling.  No interest in her "journey" in the least.  

Same, but I am really interested in seeing Clare and Dale's story. Given that Clare does tend to fall fast and hard, and they each had time to vet one another, I can believe they didn't have an actual relationship or interactions before taping but kind of fell for each other through social media stalking and then when they met *BAM*. 

I have always had a soft spot for Clare, and Dale seems like a great guy from what little I've read about him, so I wish them all the best and I'm glad they didn't have to go through the whole season song and dance. 

What I do find funny is that, if we didn't know all this, if it wasn't in mainstream press, this really would have been the most!shocking!season!ever!!!!! Can you imagine how jaw dropping it would have been in season 1 or 2 say, back before social media told us pretty much everything that was coming, if, after a few episodes the lead picked her man and left the show. That would have been epic!

I will probably watch up until the change over because I am curious how they will handle it. Will the guys be told they have the option to leave now that there's a new lead? Will any of them actually do it? (no, we all know they're not there for the romance) Will they be told? Or better yet, will the first date after Clare leaves some guy is waiting for Clare and Tayshia shows up instead? Oh, that would be hilarious as the poor guy tries to decide if he should acknowledge the change or pretend it's perfectly normal. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I have a hard time believing something like this hasn't happened before.  The show was able to make it work.  I'm kind of surprised they weren't able to here.

I'm pretty sure I remember an interview with Kaitlyn where she said she was completely obsessed with Shawn from night 1, but let the producers talk her into keeping up the act.  Plus, she had to deal with being "chosen" over Britt, so that was a big obligation for her.  Also, she wanted to go on the dates & travel, plus she already knew Nick was going to show up and she admits to being intrigued by him. But choosing Shawn as her final was a done deal from the beginning.  (Sorry, I can't back it up with a source!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, leighdear said:

she is soooo irritating with her "Im the funnest girlfriend in the world" but she is beautiful.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, leighdear said:

I'm pretty sure I remember an interview with Kaitlyn where she said she was completely obsessed with Shawn from night 1, but let the producers talk her into keeping up the act.  Plus, she had to deal with being "chosen" over Britt, so that was a big obligation for her.  Also, she wanted to go on the dates & travel, plus she already knew Nick was going to show up and she admits to being intrigued by him. But choosing Shawn as her final was a done deal from the beginning.  (Sorry, I can't back it up with a source!)

word is she asked Nick to show up. she basically as "they " say got to have her cake and eat it too, she got to test drive Nick and keep Shawn at bay. smart girl.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm sure if Clare had gotten all the free travel they usually get she could have played along, but to be stuck at a resort with a bunch of guys you know you're dumping, I don't blame her for bailing. Why risk ruining something with Dale by "dating" a bunch of other guys when your only real bonus is...sitting by the pool? Maybe a spa treatment or two?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I'm sure if Clare had gotten all the free travel they usually get she could have played along, but to be stuck at a resort with a bunch of guys you know you're dumping, I don't blame her for bailing. Why risk ruining something with Dale by "dating" a bunch of other guys when your only real bonus is...sitting by the pool? Maybe a spa treatment or two?

plus she is an emotional girl--prior leads seem to have no issue making out and being intimate with folks they knew they werent choosing, but perhaps she couldnt deal with that. Even Trista was kissing charlie the nite before she picked Ryan. I hope this is the real thing for her.

• Love 4

I read an article about JoJo filling in. I have a question about that. So Chris is quarantined for 14 days because left the set to take his son to college, and now they're using JoJo as  sub for him. But was she already there? If she wasn't, wouldn't she have to be in quarantine, too? Or was she part of the group that was already there? I'm wondering if the group that was there were auditioning for Chris's role while he is gone.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I read an article about JoJo filling in. I have a question about that. So Chris is quarantined for 14 days because left the set to take his son to college, and now they're using JoJo as  sub for him. But was she already there? If she wasn't, wouldn't she have to be in quarantine, too? Or was she part of the group that was already there? I'm wondering if the group that was there were auditioning for Chris's role while he is gone.

Me trying to figure everything out:

always sunny pepe silvia GIF

and I am pumped especially after the FabFitFun InstaGram sponsored season of Peter the Bland.  I’m not a right reason watcher so seeing this mess play out may make the last quarter of 2020 bearable.*

*it won’t.  I just jinxed myself.

Edited by LBS
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I read that she was already on self-quarantine.    I also read that Chris is pissed because he doesn’t think he needs to quarantine just for driving his son to Texas.  

• Love 1

During a season in which there were already many changes and surprises being made, it's interesting that Chris Harrison will be out for a while.  I wonder if they are trying to go in a whole new direction.  As for me, it just won't feel the same without him there.  After all, we all have his catch phrases and mannerisms down-we'll have to learn a whole new set with JoJo.  Also, I look forward more to JoJo substituting for Chris than some of the other members of "Bachelor Nation" they may have pulled in instead (shudder).

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I also read that Chris is pissed because he doesn’t think he needs to quarantine just for driving his son to Texas.  

Why is this so freaking hard for people to figure out? You go out, you go to a highly infected state, you fucking quarantine. It's not that hard to understand. We are going to entitle our way to extinction. No one gives a shit about anyone else if it's inconvenient. 

• Love 21

Isn’t Chris a producer? I have a hard time believing that he didn’t know he’d have to quarantine after making the decision to take his son to college...which, by the way, go Dad!   I feel like that’s probably just gossip and this was already planned. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

During a season in which there were already many changes and surprises being made, it's interesting that Chris Harrison will be out for a while.  I wonder if they are trying to go in a whole new direction.  As for me, it just won't feel the same without him there.  After all, we all have his catch phrases and mannerisms down-we'll have to learn a whole new set with JoJo.  Also, I look forward more to JoJo substituting for Chris than some of the other members of "Bachelor Nation" they may have pulled in instead (shudder).

Word! They seem to love Demi and that is the one thing that could finally  make this “ watching since season 1 older than dirt viewer” leave 😂. So I’ll take jojo, botoxed and Filled out to heaven over any of the others . But i do love Chris Harrison and his catchphrases 🙂

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

Isn’t Chris a producer? I have a hard time believing that he didn’t know he’d have to quarantine after making the decision to take his son to college...which, by the way, go Dad!   I feel like that’s probably just gossip and this was already 

Maybe he thought because he was a producer, they wouldn’t replace him?  Or that he could skip quarantine?

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/chris-harrison-not-happy-hes-120000787.html

Looks like Clare will make an appearance.  
https://people.com/tv/clare-crawley-seen-on-bachelorette-set-and-will-be-filming-something/

• Love 1
On 8/14/2020 at 7:30 PM, Mabinogia said:

I'm assuming (and hoping) Jojo makes her appearance after Clare is done so I can just peace out. I have never liked Jojo. I know she's popular but she just grates on my last nerve. 

I put JoJo in the same category as Nick Viall, Kelsey Poe, Juan Pablo, Ashley I and JPJ.  Active and complete dislike, and I will turn OFF the TV to avoid even seeing their faces.  *blech*

• Love 1

Gosh, I’m really having a hard time getting excited for this season. Are they going to get all new guys for tayisha or keep the same ones. I’d rather see BIP because you get a nice mix of people but I imagine those days are gone given current events. Both Clare and Tayisha are kind of dull. 

• Love 1

I'm sure it was planned & Chris knew he'd have to QT after dropping his kid.  Hell, just the drive from Fort Worth to LA can eat up 3 days!!  TCU is pricey, 40K per year, but a good school, so well done, Mr. Harrison. Your boy is in good hands.

I agree that they're just trying to shoehorn in as many previous contestants and twists as possible to make up for the lack of travel and outside activities.  But I'm thinking they'll use JoJo for more than the traditional Chris usage, at the beginning of the show, maybe once in the middle and at the rose ceremony.  They'll want their money's worth from JoJo.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Gosh, I’m really having a hard time getting excited for this season. Are they going to get all new guys for tayisha or keep the same ones. I’d rather see BIP because you get a nice mix of people but I imagine those days are gone given current events. Both Clare and Tayisha are kind of dull. 

With quarantine and shooting already started, not sure how much change up they can do.  I read that they asked some of the guys who had been quarantined but didn’t make the final cut to come back but there were no takers.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I was looking forward to Clare, although all these seasons she comes across as over the charts desparate, and Tayshia-I find her to be very very camera ready and competitive, I really liked her with JPJ and maybe they will bring him back for an episode. I want to clarify I didnt like him, but together they were very cute. she is a truly gorgeous girl, but just too "showy". she is the perfect bachelor nation puppet and will do whatever it takes to stay in the limelight.

• Love 4

I have a hard time believing something like this hasn't happened before.  The show was able to make it work.  I'm kind of surprised they weren't able to here.

I remember reading about a Bachelor who knew his final one early, but I can’t remember who it was! Chris Harrison said they had a difficult time going forward with the show because it was so obvious who the Bachelor’s favorite was, so they had to do a lot with the edit. Not sure about the Bachelorette though. 

I wonder if they’re even going to show Clare’s part or just scrap it and go forward with Tayshia? 

It will be weird not seeing Chris Harrison. Maybe his absence and the switch of Bachelorettes will help make this a truly different season (at least part of it as supposedly he’ll be back). 

If Clare really has only known the guy a few weeks, then wow. I hope it lasts but I’m skeptical. Clare tends to lead with her emotions and it hasn’t worked out well for her in the past. 

One other thing: Reality Steve REALLY needs an editor! It’s exhausting reading his rambling. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
On 8/18/2020 at 8:20 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I wonder if they’re even going to show Clare’s part or just scrap it and go forward with Tayshia? 

I heard on some entertainment show that the plan is to show both of their journeys so I think it'll probably start with Clare before moving to Tayshia. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Also, Reality Steve posted a column on his blog earlier today and he wrote:

A couple notes regarding Tayshia’s filming:

-From what I’ve been told, filming wraps on Tuesday, Sept. 1st. So only a few days left.
-I mentioned on my live about knowing who got Tayshia’s first impression rose. That went to Spencer Robertson. And he didn’t even get to her final 4.
-The show still hasn’t officially announced when the “Bachelorette” will begin airing, but we know it’s on Tuesdays this season. Nick’s GOAT episode is on Aug. 31st. Juan Pablo’s is on Sept. 7th. I’m pretty sure the “Bachelorette” will premiere the following week on the 15th. Makes the most sense. Be shocked if it wasn’t. 22nd at the latest. But I would prepare for her season to premiere on the 15th.

Source: https://realitysteve.com/2020/08/27/podcast-197-reader-emails-answered-column/

• Love 2
On 9/17/2020 at 11:53 PM, Dejana said:

I wonder how Tayshia's time on Colton's season is going to be addressed now. It was her introduction to the franchise and she was his Top 3, but... At least TPTB can focus on Paradise? 

And I wonder if their thoughts about mention Colton's name at all have changed in the last 10 days

• Love 2
3 hours ago, phlebas said:

And I wonder if their thoughts about mention Colton's name at all have changed in the last 10 days

Chris Harrison narrates: "We first met Tayshia on Season 23 of The Bachelor [cut to: solo shot of Tayshia]. Although she didn't find a match, she gave love another chance in Paradise..." 

It sucks for Tayshia, who already isn't getting the usual lead spotlight.

• Love 2

I'm probably just hoping for disaster but I wonder if part of Claire leaving is the men revolting and not wanting to stay.  We've seen it almost happen with other seasons when a bachelor or bachelorette sleeps with one of their suitors.  So if we have Claire obviously preferring one of the guys, staying overnight with him and then the group gets upset, everyone cries and Claire steps out.

• Love 1

Clare is a mess. I’ve found that messy leads like the last mamas boy idiot and that 101 toof fool Hannah aren’t good TV. You need a lead who can be in charge, like Trista. Otherwise it’s just that idiot Peter under his mother’s thumb or Stupid windmill stuff. I think Tayshia will be more In charge and that is interesting to me. Plus, the girl looks like she does in a bathing suit. I think she’s super gorgeous. 

• Love 3

Reality Steve has a new blog out today.

Says he has heard from "sources" that the big switcheroo was planned ahead of time but would never be admitted by producers/ABC.  Did Clare know, probably not.  So this sounds like someone watched Bachelorette New Zealand but changed the script up a bit.

After Clare & Dale leave after the 3rd rose ceremony, the 16 guys that are left along with a couple of new guys meet Tayshia.

RS doesn't have the ending of Tayshia but says it is "messy" and full of drama.   Isn't sure who is in the final 4 but thinks its:

Ben Smith--West Point Army Vet, going to be really popular in Bachelor reject land if he's not #1

Brendan Morais--Boston guy 

Ivan Hall--engineer from Texas;  someone with a real job!

Zac Clark--from New Jersey

Be interesting to see how this plays out for Tayshia and if she is actually with anyone.

• Love 1

Hasn't "Messy" been the theme for all the past seasons since Vanilla Ben fell in love with Lauren AND JoJo?   Every season since then has been one dumpster fire after another. 

I'm curious....what would a "normal" season even look like these days?  As the wise ones say, "Normal is just a setting on your washing machine".  It doesn't exist in real life anymore. 

As I've said, I'm in for Clare and her part, but I'm gonna just say no to Tayshia and her whatever-it-is part.  

• Love 8

I can’t remember the last time I watched a full season of The Bachelor or Bachelorette, but I caught the preview for Claire during DWTS and had to come here immediately to find out what in the hemoglobins and habadasheries was happening. I haven’t watched that show in years either so clearly it’s all a sign to loop me back in. 

I’m 43 now so was looking forward to a movement away from the early 20’s influencers that had taken over lately, but of course it’s a shit show. Sigh. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

I can’t remember the last time I watched a full season of The Bachelor or Bachelorette, but I caught the preview for Claire during DWTS and had to come here immediately to find out what in the hemoglobins and habadasheries was happening. I haven’t watched that show in years either so clearly it’s all a sign to loop me back in. 

I’m 43 now so was looking forward to a movement away from the early 20’s influencers that had taken over lately, but of course it’s a shit show. Sigh. 

"...what in the hemoglobins and haberdasheries..."  HA!  I may have to steal that one 🙂

Also:  Same, girl.  Same.  I broke up with this show years ago, but this drama may be too tasty to skip.  Sigh.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

"...what in the hemoglobins and haberdasheries..."  HA!  I may have to steal that one 🙂

Also:  Same, girl.  Same.  I broke up with this show years ago, but this drama may be too tasty to skip.  Sigh.

I stole it from Tony Baker and it makes me laugh every time!

• Love 2

I told myself I wasn’t going to do this season because I don’t like Clare or Tayshia but here I am. Anyone know how long this season is? There’s only 3 episodes listed for season 16, so is that it and is Tayshia considered a separate season? 

Also isn’t it rather hypocritical for Clare to be blasting Blake for trying to contact her pre filming when that is exactly what she supposedly did with Dale? Even without covid, they can contact the lead and this season they had even more time. What’s wrong with that?  

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2