Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

The Bachelorette: Love In The Time Of Coronavirus”

In the most dramatic season ever, watch Clare battle not only the ravages of time but the pandemic of the century in her search for true love.

The Fantasy Biodomes - Will you accept this Hazmat suit and join me in the quarantine zone? 

(PS: I know this Coronavirus is serious and if this offends I will delete it)

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

From Reality Steve's column today:

I said over the weekend when I posted that Clare would be announced as “Bachelorette,” that Iceland is one of the international destinations. I’ve also heard two other international destinations when I was told Iceland, which were Rome and Croatia, but now I’m hearing that all international travel is on hold because of the Coronavirus. They are scrambling big time to secure more US locations. Filming starts next Friday the 13th in LA. These locations are booked well in advance, so, now with the virus scare plans are being reshuffled. So this is going to be ever changing up until the last minute. I really do think they are gonna cut out all international travel this season. And if they don’t, I can’t imagine it’ll be for more than one city. Too risky at this point.

• Love 2

Even if they restrict travel to the US it's not necessarily safe. Many people in Washington State and California have been infected, and nine have died so far. If they want to be extra cautious they'd have to film the entire season at the mansion, including dates.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Dejana said:

From Reality Steve's column today:

I said over the weekend when I posted that Clare would be announced as “Bachelorette,” that Iceland is one of the international destinations. I’ve also heard two other international destinations when I was told Iceland, which were Rome and Croatia, but now I’m hearing that all international travel is on hold because of the Coronavirus. They are scrambling big time to secure more US locations. Filming starts next Friday the 13th in LA. These locations are booked well in advance, so, now with the virus scare plans are being reshuffled. So this is going to be ever changing up until the last minute. I really do think they are gonna cut out all international travel this season. And if they don’t, I can’t imagine it’ll be for more than one city. Too risky at this point.

Italy is very unlikely to visit as people can not visit the places such as Lombardy and Veneto due to cases against corona virus being first reported in late January with almost 80 deaths in that country.

See previous posts in page 1. I believe that Berlin, Germany will be a second option to replace Rome as the one of the three international destinations for Clare's season.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 3

Using off season resorts and locations should make it easier to isolate everybody and keep off-limits the lookey-loos and random observers.   What they save on overseas travel they can use to create cool, safe and audience-free dates.  They don't NEED all the public dates anyway, it's just gotten to be the norm.

One of the most beautiful dates I remember was actually on Juan Pablo's season with Clare, where they built them a private ice rink, had fake snow for sledding & a hot tub.  Really sweet and they had a blast.  Definitely not public. 

More extravagant dates, just in more controllable locations.  Complicated, but important for the health & well being of the cast. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

See previous posts in page 1. I believe that Berlin, Germany will be a second option to replace Rome as the one of the three international destinations for Clare's season.

Unlikely. There have already been multiple confirmed cases throughout Germany. I just had to cancel a work trip to Berlin scheduled for early April. I think all of continental Europe is going to be off-limits by the time the show usually starts the international travel (i.e. week five or six).

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
On 3/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, leighdear said:

I swear, if Clare even ONCE does the jump-and-leg-wrap to any of her guys, I'm going to be so disappointed and will bash her without mercy. 

She absolutely CANNOT pull that off, and would ruin the entire season for me, no matter that she's in great shape.  

But didn’t she basically invent this move on Juan Pablo’s season? And then kept doing it on Bachelor in Paradise?

(edited)

Post from Variety about the travel on Clare's season:

“The Bachelorette” Season 16 is shaping up to be a U.S.-bound production. A source tells Variety that initial plans to shoot parts of the upcoming season — featuring newly unveiled star Clare Crawley — in Italy had to be changed, given concerns over the growing threat of coronavirus.

While a trip to Italy on this season of “The Bachelorette” is unlikely to happen, all international travel has not been ruled out entirely, and the production schedule is so far moving forward as planned. But the unpredictability of the status of this rapidly spreading epidemic, which has killed over 3,000 and infected as many as 90,000 thus far, has made planning for the future difficult.

Warner Bros. said that travel for all of its productions is being evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Source: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/bachelorette-season-16-italy-coronavirus-clare-crawley-1203521986/

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 3/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, call me ishmael said:

Don't you think that they will use Covid 19 as an excuse and just photoshop them into dramatic overseas locations?  Think of the money the producers would save.

They could film this season like an old movie.  Use one of Pilot Pete's airplane hangars and use the old fake backdrops from Hollywood Studios and more.  Single Peter could make a cameo appearance before his stint on Paradise and slyly examine Clare's crow's feet saying, "Here's looking at you, kid!"  When Clare tries to explain her decision to a rejected suitor, he responds, "Frankly, Clare, I don't give a damn!"  Hannah B would be in the background dressed as strong woman Jane, humping The Goose as Tarzan.  Blake might make a special appearance on the Bachelorette couch before yet another appearance on Paradise in an attempt to restore his good name.  To all the girls he's loved before, he says , "Love means never having to say you're sorry."  He would then pull Hannah B off The Goose and show her his awesome dance moves.  The show's climax would be Chris Harrison coming clean to Luke P (who is dressed as a monk) revealing, "Luke, I am your father!"  

Edited by Recyclorette
clarification
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

They could film this season like an old movie.  Use one of Pilot Pete's airplane hangars and use the old fake backdrops from Hollywood Studios and more.  Single Peter could make a cameo appearance before his stint on Paradise and slyly examine Clare's crow's feet saying, "Here's looking at you, kid!"  When Clare tries to explain her decision to a rejected suitor, he responds, "Frankly, Clare, I don't give a damn!"  Hannah B would be in the background dressed as strong woman Jane, humping The Goose as Tarzan.  Blake might make a special appearance on the Bachelorette couch before yet another appearance on Paradise in an attempt to restore his good name.  To all the girls he's loved before, he says , "Love means never having to say you're sorry."  He would then pull Hannah B off The Goose and show her his awesome dance moves.  The show's climax would be Chris Harrison coming clean to Luke P (who is dressed as a monk) revealing, "Luke, I am your father!"  

You forgot Peter's batshit Mama sobbing "As God is my witness, I'll never let my boys have sex again unless I'm watching!"

• LOL 4
(edited)

Just as mentioned before with the original destinations are supposed to be Iceland, Italy and Croatia, as all have now been cancelled to avoid with the coronavirus, and they will replace with all-American destinations. RS has pointed out that Chattanooga will be one of the US destinations for Clare's season as the cities will now be revised:

• Week 4: Chattanooga, Tennessee 23px-Flag_of_Tennessee.svg.png
  • Week 5: Key West, Florida 23px-Flag_of_Florida.svg.png
  • Week 6: New York, New York 23px-Flag_of_New_York.svg.png
  • Week 7: Billings, Montana 23px-Flag_of_Montana.svg.png
  • Week 8: Cody, Wyoming 22px-Flag_of_Wyoming.svg.png (overnight dates; includes a visit at Yellowstone National Park)
  • Week 9: Maui, Hawaii 23px-Flag_of_Hawaii.svg.png ("hometowns")
  • Week 10: Reno, Nevada 23px-Flag_of_Nevada.svg.png (Meet the Parents and Last Chance Dates)

As the changes for Clare's season depending on travel with fears of coronavirus, it will have "hometown dates" and "meet the parents" for the final two, just like in Kaitlyn's season, where the final two men will not be eliminated and have still to meet Clare's family in the mainland.

I would think the fake hometown dates would be in Maui, Hawaii and MTPs in Reno, Nevada with the potential FRC will be located around Lake Tahoe.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
(edited)

The notable guys you will see on the FB page I posted, and there they are:

Matt James and Dale Moss. Matt is friends and roommates with Tyler C from last season, while Dale is a former NFL player turned model. Another one of the guys, JP Caruso knows Tyler C as well.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SallyAlbright said:

WHY ARE THE GUYS SO YOUNG?! I could see if Clare were 30, still casting 23-26 year olds. Fine, not a major difference. But she's 38. That is a huge gap even if you like and date younger men. 

She is soon to turn 39. This seems dumb.

• Love 4
On 3/9/2020 at 11:40 PM, EllenB said:

You forgot Peter's batshit Mama sobbing "As God is my witness, I'll never let my boys have sex again unless I'm watching!"

My bad!  I will definitely add that to the script!!!  😂  ✏️

• Love 1

90% of those guys went into the casting expecting a Hanna Ann or a Madison to be the Bachelorette.  

I adore Clare, but almost none of those guys are going to be into her.  I hope they have a few decent older ones coming in, 34+. 

Most of these guys are so interchangeable, it's going to be a little sad.  Though the guy who's sister is the ex of Larry King might be cool to date.      

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

WHY ARE THE GUYS SO YOUNG?! I could see if Clare were 30, still casting 23-26 year olds. Fine, not a major difference. But she's 38. That is a huge gap even if you like and date younger men. 

I don't think it matters who the men are.  The fact that Clare ignored the fans that wanted to meet her at the ATFR and gave Batshit Barbara Weber so much attention tells me that she still has very bad instincts and taste in companions.  

UPDATE:  (No pun intended.)  I just scrolled through all Clare's guys and OMG!!!  Group dates are going to look like Clare is chaperoning her son's field trip!  They look like hs/college kids with 2-3 of their teachers/dads hijacked for this season.

Edited by Recyclorette
addition
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, valen said:

She is soon to turn 39. This seems dumb.

I just counted. Twenty three are under thirty. Only one guy is older than her.

This is a waste of time.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 2

I really hope they don't humiliate her with these guys.  Like during Ashley's season, they had so many guys in their talking heads say they wished it had been Emily.  And specifically the vile and disgusting Bentley, who said it was going to be fun to make her cry on TV.  

But she did get her JP, so maybe Clare has a chance.  My SIL is 8 years older than my brother, and they've been married 23 years.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Production for Clare's season will be likely delayed due to coronavirus, as filming is supposed to start this week:

https://www.etonline.com/chris-harrison-says-coronavirus-is-affecting-the-bachelorette-and-summer-games-is-in-jeopardy

The article made it sound like Clare’s season is definitely staying in the US, no talk of postponing it...yet. The Summer Games are a big question mark. As I’m sure the actual Olympics are, at this point. Hopefully this will all be more contained and the worst behind us, by then. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I don't think it matters who the men are.  The fact that Clare ignored the fans that wanted to meet her at the ATFR and gave Batshit Barbara Weber so much attention tells me that she still has very bad instincts and taste in companions. 

How on earth would that be Claire's fault?  Has she replaced Fleiss or Harrison as a producer?

Oh, I'm almost 11 years older than my hubby.  We've been married close to 40 years.  You go, Claire!

IMG_20180717_144146103.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The producer (last name Mills, can't remember his first name) did an interview today where he mentioned they were casting for a potential younger Bachelorette and had a hard time finding older guys in a hurry. He hinted that if only they'd had more time before filming, they could have cast more older guys.

If production has to be delayed, I'd love it if they found a few more over 30. Or even over 40, I love some silver hair! I'm all for "age is just a number" and know many couples with age gaps, but casting a 23 year old is just rude. She could actually be his mother. And just for the record, I'd feel exactly the same way if the genders were reversed. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

UPDATE:  (No pun intended.)  I just scrolled through all Clare's guys and OMG!!!  Group dates are going to look like Clare is chaperoning her son's field trip!  They look like hs/college kids with 2-3 of their teachers/dads hijacked for this season.

I agree. I really don’t think Clare cares or is coming in to find love. Maybe after her first three or so appearances I would have felt differently but now I think she sees it as work and exposure. She’ll go through the motions and do whatever silly things the producers want her to do, but I doubt we’ll see any true feelings. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

The article made it sound like Clare’s season is definitely staying in the US, no talk of postponing it...yet. The Summer Games are a big question mark. As I’m sure the actual Olympics are, at this point. Hopefully this will all be more contained and the worst behind us, by then. 

Don’t forget BIP as the fate for the spin-off to wait its answer for the seventh season that it will be likely postponed until 2021. We definitely won’t see the guys from this season and the ladies from Peter’s season.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
9 minutes ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Don’t forget BIP as the fate for the spin-off to wait its answer for the seventh season that it will be likely postponed until 2021. We definitely won’t see the guys from this season and the ladies from Peter’s season.

BIP usually films in June/July. If the virus situation doesn't get much worse by then, they could still film a season with Peter's and Clare's rejects (plus people from previous seasons and those who keep coming back), they just wouldn't have any of the international people that they planned to have on Summer Games. Filming a BIP season in one place will be safer than a Bachelorette season that involves travel. They'd just have to screen the contestants and crew beforehand and take precautions when flying them to Mexico (or find a beach location in the US).

• Love 4

Peter ruins everything. It’s obvious these guys were cast for one of his castoffs. 

Clare is at a point in her life where she needs to find an older guy with kids of his own. No younger guy just starting his career is going for a forty year old woman long term unless he’s 100% positive he never wants kids. IVF costs a buttload.

I suspect she’s going to be a train wreck with all those kids running around. Only 2 out of 32 are either a year younger than her or older. Looks like a bunch of dude bros. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

BIP usually films in June/July. If the virus situation doesn't get much worse by then, they could still film a season with Peter's and Clare's rejects (plus people from previous seasons and those who keep coming back), they just wouldn't have any of the international people that they planned to have on Summer Games. Filming a BIP season in one place will be safer than a Bachelorette season that involves travel. They'd just have to screen the contestants and crew beforehand and take precautions when flying them to Mexico (or find a beach location in the US).

I guess they could always moving filming to the US.  And in addition to the STD tests I'm sure they do, they could add a daily Coronavirus test.

• Love 3

I'm thinking that going forward, Clare's season and BIP is going to involve a whole lot LESS kissing and groping than previous seasons. 

Imagine that.  Actually speaking to the person you're on the date with instead of the default swapping-spit option.  

This season is going to be practically Amish!  *ROFL*

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Matt J., 28

New York, NY

I'm calling it now....if Clare doesn't pick him, he is our next Bachelor. This is Tyler Cameron's best friend. Supposed to be a really nice guy.

matt J.jpg

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Matt J., 28

New York, NY

I'm calling it now....if Clare doesn't pick him, he is our next Bachelor. This is Tyler Cameron's best friend. Supposed to be a really nice guy.

And really handsome, too!

• Love 3

He looks like Nick Cannon, Mariah Carey's ex.  He's attractive, but 10 years younger, lives in NYC (Clare lives in Sacramento) and hangs with models.  I just don't see him with Ms. Crawley, but who knows. 

I think Bret, the 42 year-old dad is going to be her prime target.  

• Love 1

I’m only watching Clare’s season for Matt and if the next Bachelor is out of this selection, I hope it’s him because I’m all Myler, they’re just so cuuute!😍

I don’t know any of these people personally, but based on what they showed us on tv and sm, it’s a night and day difference between Tyler and Peter as well their moms and Tyler’s mom’s farewell IG really made me cry. So yeah, hope to see him again to support his bff.

87ED45AE-206F-40BA-A324-AD4865C72364.jpeg

33EDC22E-CCC6-4013-9EF3-CB2C8DCF1EE5.jpeg

• Love 1
On 3/13/2020 at 5:00 PM, dizzyd said:

I’m only watching Clare’s season for Matt and if the next Bachelor is out of this selection, I hope it’s him because I’m all Myler, they’re just so cuuute!😍

I read somewhere Matt backed out of the season just before they shut down. But I can't find where I read that.  I don't know if he wasn't feeling it with Clare or just decided to stay with Tyler after his mom's death or what.  Or if I dreamed it.

(edited)

RS posted on his blog about the fate of the BN franchise:

The problem is, Fleiss has been known to blow smoke up peoples asses on social media. So we have no idea if he’s serious or not. But lets think about this realistically. All 32 guys that were announced on ABC’s “Bachelorette” Facebook page, even though they’ve since been taken down, are out there all over the place. Not only does Clare know all the guys on her season now, but they all know each other. And that takes away one of the major elements that the show is based around, which is, the “Bachelor/ette” is meeting their women/men for the first time when they walk out of the limo (minus the last 3 Bachelorettes that got to meet 5 of their men early). But you know get what I’m saying. Are they really going to change the basic format of the show? Strictly as a guess here, I’d say no. I can’t imagine, if/when filming resumes, they’re just gonna tell all 32 guys “Hey, time to fly back. We’re ready to go.” I just don’t see it. Maybe some won’t even want to anymore. We’ve just never been in this situation before where guys had time to rethink and maybe back out after already being set to be on the show. Do I think ALL 32 are going to get recast? No. I think they’d have some holdovers. But I would really be surprised, shocked actually, if this ended up being her final cast of guys.

Now, lets talk about Clare’s season overall and the filming schedule. Clare was supposed to begin filming this past Friday, March 13th. Filming would’ve ended anywhere between the 8th-10th of May, with her premiere set for May 18th. Again, nothing has been said by the network officially, but we’ve all seen and read the news about what’s going on. I don’t see how Clare’s filming isn’t delayed AT LEAST 2 months. So, you can throw that May 18th premiere date out the window because I don’t think it’ll even START filming by May 18th, so certainly it can’t premiere by then. Which then produces a whole bunch of questions that, unfortunately, we have zero answers for. But just ponder some of these, as I’m talking out loud and looking at this realistically:

-Lets say Clare’s filming begins on an arbitrary date of June 1st (and I think I’m still being generous with that start date of filming). Filming for “Bachelorette” lasts 7 weeks. Well, “Bachelor in Paradise” for its first 6 seasons has filmed for 18 days in June, usually starting anywhere between June 5th-7th. With a Clare season beginning filming June 1st (if it does), that pushes BIP filming back until AT LEAST August, because “Bachelorette” would have to wrap first, and then you’d need time to get down to Mexico and set up.

-But for the sake of argument, lets say that’s what happens and BIP films mid August for it’s standard 2+ weeks. Well, if Clare’s season starts filming June 1st, and we know turnaround time on “Bachelorette” is usally 1-2 weeks after filming ends before it airs, that would put Clare’s “premiere” date somewhere in early August. Lets call it August 3rd, which is being generous again. “Bachelorette” is an 11 week show. That puts Clare’s finale on Oct. 12th. The earliest Paradise would start would be the next night and run for it’s standard 6 weeks. Are they really going to run “Bachelor in Paradise” in the winter months, ending it the week of Thanksgiving?

-In addition, here’s another thing no one has really thought of. What about ABC’s scheduling? Once again, nothing has been announced yet, but seemingly we’re having a fall season of DWTS. In the past, fall DWTS has immediately started airing right after Paradise ended. Well if Clare’s season doesn’t start airing til August 3rd, with Paradise happening after that starting in Oct, and all 3 shows air on ABC, explain how that is gonna work? Either DWTS loses out on a fall season or “Bachelorette” does. Because starting to air Clare’s season basically anytime after July 1st I don’t see how you can fit that in along with a fall season of DWTS.

-With all this said, the “Bachelor/ette” franchise is more important to ABC than BIP. So if anything gets cut between those 3 shows, it’s BIP. I have a feeling we’re not gonna have a “Paradise” this summer. Just looking at this realistically, I don’t see how they can fit this in.

-I know a lot of you will say “Well, why can’t ABC just move stuff around, or air two episodes a week, or Bachelorette and Paradise the same week, etc.” First off, TV just doesn’t work that way. For years they’ve been on that same exact schedule and never had to deviate. Hell, ALL OF OUR LIVES have pretty much been on the same exact schedule until this virus hit. Things are changing. And unfortunately, that means so is our TV schedule. “What if Clare’s season starts filming June 1st but they start airing it July 1st, kill BIP, and so Clare’s season ends in time for a DWTS premiere mid September?” Ok, possible. But, that means Clare’s season will only be down to the final 4 by the time it starts airing on TV. They’ve never had to turn it around that quick, and I honestly don’t think they would because they want to know the ending and how the final 4 shakes out, because that determines how they edit the first 7 episodes. Could it happen? Sure. Would it? Not likely.

-Here’s the other major issue I’m seeing in regards to a June 1st start date for Clare AND a re-casting of her show. How do you do both? Do you ask guys who have already gone through testing and meeting with producers that you already told “no” to and say, “Hey, we think we want you now?” Because if you don’t, now you then need to go through your rolodex, and fly a new batch of guys to LA to go through testing and meeting with producers to get them ready for Clare’s season. When is that gonna happen? It doesn’t look like “casting for the Bachelorette reality show” is a real top priority in this nation right now. That wouldn’t even begin to start happening until we’re all clear of this virus and things get somewhat back to normal. But when no one can answer when that’ll be right now, it really is impossible to know anything about if/when Clare’s season begins filming and if there will be new guys.

-I’ve got another one for you: What if we’re not seemingly in the clear of this until August/September (which is kinda what it’s looking like if you ask health experts). Well, filming for the “Bachelor” starts mid-September through mid-November. So does ABC say, “We’re gonna film Clare’s season in place of where the ‘Bachelor’ would normally film, it’ll air starting Jan of 2021 like the ‘Bachelor’ would’ve, and now the schedules are flipped, and the ‘Bachelor’ will start filming mid-March of next year and start airing in May of 2021?” Or, do they just cancel the “Bachelorette” for the calendar year of 2020, and once we hit a “point of no return” and they can’t fit Clare’s filming schedule in, they just say we’re going with the “Bachelor” and no “Bachelorette” in 2020? That’s possible. And IF that happens, does Clare get screwed out of being the “Bachelorette” come 2021 and they’d take one of the women from the next “Bachelor” season? Or the next “Bachelorette” season we have, it’s gonna be Clare no matter what? Because if that’s the case, then whoever is on the next “Bachelor” season can basically be pissed the whole season that it won’t lead to them being the next “Bachelorette” for at least a year, since then every cycle would kinda be pushed back a year. Is your head spinning yet?

-Look, none of us know where this is headed. But we DO know the “Bachelor,” “Bachelorette,” and “Bachelor in Paradise’s” filming schedule. So to say there’s an easy solution – there isn’t. Unless we’re all over this pandemic in two weeks or even a month, then everything could go on as normal and everything would just be delayed by that time. But I think even the most optimistic person can see that’s not where this is headed. So, I just wanted to lay out everything I could think of based off of a June 1st start date of filming for Clare and you’re seeing just how difficult THAT would be to fit everything in. We just don’t know enough right now, but I think of what we do know, it’s looking real tough for both of them to make air in 2020. This is all just speculation knowing their shooting schedules, but until ABC comes out with definitive statements, we just don’t know for sure.

Link: https://realitysteve.com/2020/03/18/clares-filming-possibilities-peter-madison-break-up-hannah-b-tyler-what-to-expect-on-the-site-during-this-postponement/

As I think the filming has been postponed till April 13, which is Easter Monday.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 2