Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Save the Last Dance for Me

• Start Topic

DeLuca can't figure out what's going on with his incurable patient Suzanne and he turns to a diagnostics genius, Dr. Riley from UCSF, for help. Bailey checks in on Joey, a foster kid that Ben brought into Grey Sloan. Meanwhile, Amelia is getting the results of her paternity test and Jo confronts her about how she is treating Link.

Promo:

Original air date: 2/13/20

What day was the dinner? I assumed on a weekend... Maggie accepted and was starting the job on Monday, which is apparently today. So, they bought the hospital in, like, two days? And are already conducting interviews of the current employees? Yeah, sure.

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Koracik would have become my hero if, when Meredith & Co threatened to quit, he had simply said "I accept your resignation" and then figuratively dropped the mic and walked out. 

Bailey is clearly adopting or fostering the kid, right?

I actually found the old couple's story kind of touching, but for Pete's sake, could Glasses stop with the constant need for approval / absolution / attention from The Sun.  It is pathetic behavior from an already pathetic character.  

Helm and the other interns nobody cares about seem to be on the mend.  Oh, goody.

Was the last scene suppose to show that Alex had left Jo?  Was she expecting to find him at the apartment when she returned home?

Couldn't read Amelia's text to Linc.  Did she find out the paternity?

Is Pac North closing its doors just because it is bought out?  Wouldn't it continue to operate under the Fox banner?  How is Grey Sloan going to absorb the extra staff? (Although I assume not everybody was hired.)  

• Love 9

So Alex is just going to ghost Jo, his job and his friends? Sure, Jan.

Once again, Team Link. Amelia's been blasé from the beginning when she didn't deem it important enough to get a checkup, but now she needs time? Selfish. Link deserves to know, especially since her inaction is the reason he was lead to believe the baby is his in the first place. I can't stand her or this stupid "who's the daddy" storyline. Owen's got enough damn kids. 

Meredith doesn't smile with Deloser the way she does with Dr. Hayes. There's a natural ease with the new guy, probably because they can relate to each other on grown up levels. But Krista and the writers seem hellbent on wasting any and all potential the show has left. 

• Love 11

Ok episode.   Pac North storyline is apparently over.  What was the point?

Looks like Alex is sailing into the sunset with the leaving him the opportunity to return to the show.

So, this is the first time we've seen McWidow's children.  So was it an interracial marriage or were they adopted.  Just curious where the storyline is going.

Enough with Amelia's baby daddy.  Get the damn results.

I liked the married dancers.  Of course the scene in the cafeteria would be impossible in the real world.

The residents are boring and I just don't care. 

• Love 6

To me, the show's ridiculous stories have always been less hard to swallow then the ridiculous scripting. This one had some classically contrived Krista-era dialogue: repeated cadence, structure, phrases. And laughably false moments like this: a 70+ year-old-woman un-ironically saying, "We're living our best life!" On what planet is that sensical? 

Edited by MaryRhodaPhyllis
  • Love 5

So, Alex leaving is just to NOT tell anyone anything and just leave. So, Jo's story line, but even worst than her's. Plus, Bailey open you DAMN mouth. Not like you haven't been through this kind of crap for 15 years. Pac North buy out doesn't work in any logistic sense. Plus, once again, Maggie is a moron. Yeah, child prodigy and surgeon. I bet she couldn't even ride a bike, then again she probably tried to and complained about being outside all the time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

"I didn't run the test. I need time."

this has got to be the equivalent of Berger's post it note "I'm sorry.  I can't. Don't hate me"

you don't have time Amelia, just run the test.  

imsorryican-t-1525985356.jpg

Edited by dmc
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Yeah...no, show. Alex potentially deciding to just leave Jo is NOT in character at all. I hope this isn't the path they're actually going to take. 

Amelia's story has officially taken her back to season 13 her. This baby daddy storyline is AWFUL. I'm officially pissed off at it. It's just making people look awful. And what's worse is now that Amelia has supposedly not taken the test (I think she has but just isn't sharing the results, maybe because she won't open the damn envelope to look), this shit's going to be dragged until Amelia gives birth in the finale. And then the baby will be Link's, and Krista will have gotten her share of drama for the season. I just see it happening this way. 

Especially since they DO keep establishing Owen/Teddy, and I'm pretty sure they're not pulling a bait and switch and putting Owen/Amelia back together. For all the frustrations of this storyline, it doesn't feel like Teddy/Owen are breaking up. Which means the baby is likely Link's....but if they revealed that fact now, then the last three/four episodes have been for absolutely nothing. 

Catherine is the worst. I hate that she followed through with shutting down Pac North. And no, Jackson. Catherine shutting down Pac North is NOT a funny story to tell over breakfast. I know they had a throwaway line about how the doctors at Pac North would probably move to other hospitals, but I'm willing to bet that this isn't necessarily true and that some doctors WON'T have secured jobs. Plus, they STILL LOST THEIR DAMN JOBS. How is that a funny story to tell over BREAKFAST? Fuck you, Jackson. Richard had EVERY right to walk away. And I don't even think Richard was necessarily right in the Catherine/Richard fight. 

Meh to the cases. Meh to Deluca/Meredith. Just end them for good. Meh to the returning interns, since the only one I care for wasn't even there. Where's my Casey Parker, show? How is it that he had the longest recovery time? 

Stop making Tom be the bad guy. I'm sick of it. I wasn't really impressed with the board scene, besides the fact that they remembered that the main characters are on the board and have some control. 

New doctor Lauren seems alright. She's probably better off fighting monsters with Supernatural's Sam Winchester, though.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Is Pac North closing its doors just because it is bought out?  Wouldn't it continue to operate under the Fox banner?  How is Grey Sloan going to absorb the extra staff? (Although I assume not everybody was hired.)  

I think you are making the mistake of treating Pac North's purchase as though it was made in the real world.  You have to think of it via Grey's reality where it's totally normal for a person to make a spite purchase of a hospital, even going so far as to shut it down, to get back at an estranged spouse. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah...no, show. Alex potentially deciding to just leave Jo is NOT in character at all. I hope this isn't the path they're actually going to take. 

Amelia's story has officially taken her back to season 13 her. This baby daddy storyline is AWFUL. I'm officially pissed off at it. It's just making people look awful. And what's worse is now that Amelia has supposedly not taken the test (I think she has but just isn't sharing the results, maybe because she won't open the damn envelope to look), this shit's going to be dragged until Amelia gives birth in the finale. And then the baby will be Link's, and Krista will have gotten her share of drama for the season. I just see it happening this way. 

Especially since they DO keep establishing Owen/Teddy, and I'm pretty sure they're not pulling a bait and switch and putting Owen/Amelia back together. For all the frustrations of this storyline, it doesn't feel like Teddy/Owen are breaking up. Which means the baby is likely Link's....but if they revealed that fact now, then the last three/four episodes have been for absolutely nothing. 

Catherine is the worst. I hate that she followed through with shutting down Pac North. And no, Jackson. Catherine shutting down Pac North is NOT a funny story to tell over breakfast. I know they had a throwaway line about how the doctors at Pac North would probably move to other hospitals, but I'm willing to bet that this isn't necessarily true and that some doctors WON'T have secured jobs. Plus, they STILL LOST THEIR DAMN JOBS. How is that a funny story to tell over BREAKFAST? Fuck you, Jackson. Richard had EVERY right to walk away. And I don't even think Richard was necessarily right in the Catherine/Richard fight. 

And what about the patients?  Where will they go?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I know they had a throwaway line about how the doctors at Pac North would probably move to other hospitals, but I'm willing to bet that this isn't necessarily true and that some doctors WON'T have secured jobs. 

Never mind the hundreds of other staff members who will be out of luck. 

The TVLine recapper read the end scene with Jo surveying her empty apartment as her contemplating taking in the kid and his (not)siblings. Which, maybe...but she'd need to move somewhere with, y'know, actual bedrooms. (It'd make more sense to have Bailey take them in, if they're going to go that route.)

I find it odd that this fabulous diagnostician is well-known enough that Deluca needed to invoke Mer's name to get her to come help him, but the fact that she's deaf was apparently unknown to him. Also that he didn't know what she looked like. I'm sure there's at least a picture on her institution's web site. (Also really kinda annoyed by the patient's sister.)

• Love 8

Sorry, show. No matter how many times you do crossover episodes, I AM NOT GOING TO WATCH STATION 19.

I've been neutral on Nico lately but I understood his need for Schmitt to find his own place. Just because you finally decided to get out of your mom's basement doesn't mean that you're at the cohabitating phase in your relationship with your boyfriend.

OMG are they seriously going to drag out the Amelia's baby daddy test results even longer? FFS.

• Love 15

This show 

Catherine sucks. I legit hate her

Jo while I don’t support Amelia’s behavior, she can be hurt.  If Linc gets to have doubts and feelings she can too.  In fact she’s nicer than me, because either way the test came back I would tell Linc to take a walk and do it on my own

Then when she does talk to Linc he acts like he’s barely been concerned 

Amelia: not everything is about you, have the test 

ughhh Meredith and Delucca

so Alex just bounced a la Izzie 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sorry, show. No matter how many times you do crossover episodes, I AM NOT GOING TO WATCH STATION 19.

And next week looks like even more of the same. Instead of just showing scenes from next week's Grey's, it was scenes from both shows. It's like the rest of the season is going to be one prolonged crossover. I'm barely interested in Grey's...stop trying to make Station 19 happen.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I think you are making the mistake of treating Pac North's purchase as though it was made in the real world.  You have to think of it via Grey's reality where it's totally normal for a person to make a spite purchase of a hospital, even going so far as to shut it down, to get back at an estranged spouse. 

Haha! Yes! This^^^^ The only way I can keep watching this show after 100 years is to suspend my belief in almost everything logical!

Also the thing that stood out the most to me was when Meredith told Amelia (In so many words) that the reason she is still with Deluca is because the sex is great. haha! yup. I am an older woman (and a widow) about Mere's age and I can totally get behind dating someone who is otherwise perhaps age and life experience inappropriate but the SEX IS GREAT - so yeah -- you keep seeing him. 

Anyway, so Alex isn't coming back huh? Bummer. But I actually liked Jo better this ep because she wasn't dragging Alex down. Go figure.

• Love 5

Jo taking the 17 year old would be nice he's old enough to actually play off of her and it could be a big sister kind of thing.. Bit they seemed to angle it more for Bailey who just lost her child so I dunno... But as Jo had always been terribly bland to me.. Her with a young boy who's been where she's been could be cool

I enjoyed what I saw for the most part… Glad Tom’s behavior was checked.. It was pretty silly and childish… I like the diagnostic whiz doctor… I was surprised she even wanted to walk away after finding out Dead Luca lured her here… It feels like the writers are giving up on Death Luca and Meredith… Or they are trolling All of us… I think they’re a fine couple.. One that with some work could be great.. But they write Meredith like she’s going through the motions.. And the anvil drops everytime.. Irish doc is around… So i dunno… I enjoyed Maggie and Jackson being able to talk… And I laughed when they just shook their heads at the fact that Catherine just bought a hospital to deal with heartache… I don’t usually agree with Catherine’s stances ( I just enjoy em immensely even if they’re foolish ) but Richard has been so petulant about all this even when he was emotionally putting himself out there… Maybe this time around Jo by herself will be interesting… I don’t really miss Alex.. But I never loved him or most of his storylines anyway.. He was a pretty good guy tho.. I’m sure Justin just leaving like that has had them scrambling… Poor Linc... Amelia what are you doing? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

this shit's going to be dragged until Amelia gives birth in the finale. And then the baby will be.... 

Half-Black... Totally confusing everyone.. And more DRRRAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

We barely see Bailey's son Tuck. If she fosters these kids, they will most certainly be a plot point, and we'd end up seeing more of them than Bailey's flesh and blood who will just conveniently be at his dad's all the time I guess. 

As for Jo, she can at any time pack up and relocate to Iowa. The writers don't have to completely demolish Alex's 15+ seasons of character growth for a lazy plot. Married people move for the best interest of each other all the time - for jobs, for family reasons, etc... I'm not advocating to kick Jo off the show, but from a storytelling standpoint and in the best interest of Alex (who deserves better than to be ignored), Jo is just as disposable as anyone else. And especially after everything Jo went through last season and her therapy and healing, you'd think she would be willing to go where Alex is knowing his past and  understanding that he needs to take care of his mom and how that would be affecting him. She'd want to be with him to help and support. They do have hospitals in Iowa, don't they? 

I still don't understand the title "Chief of Chiefs". 

• Love 9

I never want to wind up in a hospital where my doctor can't keep her unkempt, straggly hair out of her face (like Meredith) or bursts into tears delivering bad news (like Glasses).

Why did that diagnostician need an interpreter in her first scene? Afterwards she was communicating with everyone, one-on-one, without the aid of said interpreter, apparently by lip-reading. 

Bailey checks in on Joey, a foster kid that Ben brought into Grey Sloan. 

Oh. Did this happen on Station 19? I thought I missed something. I kept wondering where this kid came from because it seemed like maybe they had introduced him in a previous episode and I forgot. 

They're really going to kill this show with these fucking crossovers. I'm barely hanging onto this show as it is, and I saw one episode of Station 19 and nothing there made me want to watch it again.

Helm and the other interns nobody cares about seem to be on the mend. 

Helm. I can never remember her name. And those other two? The guy in the yellow hat and the other girl who was in Helm's room? I swear I have never seen them before. Have they been on the show all along? Wow, the show has done a crap job with these interns.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Oh. Did this happen on Station 19? I thought I missed something. I kept wondering where this kid came from because it seemed like maybe they had introduced him in a previous episode and I forgot. 

Yeah, from what I gathered from the episode and from the S19 previews I've seen over the past week, he and two or three younger kids were in a foster home together, ran away and were living...somewhere (homeless encampment of some kind?). In the preview the little girl is telling the S19 crew that her brother is dying (no clue how he got hurt). They all get brought to the hospital and social services takes the younger kids (who are not related, hence his concern over them being split up). Not sure what his plan was if he left the hospital, though. He wouldn't know where they were placed and I doubt anyone at social services would tell him, since he's not actually their brother. Then again, injured, panicked teenagers aren't exactly known for rational thinking.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well I think this shows legacy will end up being destroying beloved characters by the fans that were in the show for 10+ years, just because the actor wanted to leave and they could not come up with a better plot. Not even surprised if they end up doing this to Alex. 

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I find it odd that this fabulous diagnostician is well-known enough that Deluca needed to invoke Mer's name to get her to come help him, but the fact that she's deaf was apparently unknown to him. Also that he didn't know what she looked like. I'm sure there's at least a picture on her institution's web site.

Well DeLuca is not the brightest, smartest doctor is he. And him being so frantic around this patient is making me really uncomfortable to watch. It's like he is going to snap at any moment, and it't reminding me when Shane Ross was acting like that. Questioning Maggie like that who is the head of the department, when he is only way 5th year and only a few weeks ago was slower than a 2nd year. So cool your jets boy. Just because you are sleeping with Mer it does not mean her geniuses, transfers to you too. Her smarts won't transmit to you  just because she sleeps with you, hahaha. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catspjs said:

Well DeLuca is not the brightest, smartest doctor is he.

Also he lures this doctor to see the patient, then gets all worked up when a strange doctor is in the room with his patient. Why would his first thought not be, this must be the doctor I asked to come here?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Also he lures this doctor to see the patient, then gets all worked up when a strange doctor is in the room with his patient. Why would his first thought not be, this must be the doctor I asked to come here?

As I said not the smartest. And I hated that he used Mer's name without consulting with her and that he lied to the new doctor as well. I would have wanted the new doctor to leave just to knock him down a few pegs. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Half-Black... Totally confusing everyone.. And more DRRRAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!! 

agreed and it will belong to someone on station 19 because forever crossovers 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

I chose not to watch last night, and I have to say I feel...

giphy.gif

It sounds like I missed nothing good.

Same here. I saw the grey's comments on twitter, and was glad that I stopped watching again, before the holiday break.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

We barely see Bailey's son Tuck. If she fosters these kids, they will most certainly be a plot point, and we'd end up seeing more of them than Bailey's flesh and blood who will just conveniently be at his dad's all the time I guess. 

As for Jo, she can at any time pack up and relocate to Iowa. The writers don't have to completely demolish Alex's 15+ seasons of character growth for a lazy plot. Married people move for the best interest of each other all the time - for jobs, for family reasons, etc... I'm not advocating to kick Jo off the show, but from a storytelling standpoint and in the best interest of Alex (who deserves better than to be ignored), Jo is just as disposable as anyone else. And especially after everything Jo went through last season and her therapy and healing, you'd think she would be willing to go where Alex is knowing his past and  understanding that he needs to take care of his mom and how that would be affecting him. She'd want to be with him to help and support. They do have hospitals in Iowa, don't they? 

The problem is, they HAVE characters to do these stories and they ignore them. They REPEAT the same stories that both fans and critics have said: "Stop doing this stories!" Yet, they keep doing it. They either get actors to leave the show or they want to kick them to the curb and focus on characters ONLY the writers and producers like. I will tip my hat to Sarah Drew who didn't want people to hate the actress who plays Maggie on the show. Saying: "It isn't her fault they want me gone." HOWEVER, NO ONE LIKES THE CHARACTER. Only TPTB like. Justin chose to leave the show, and of course now they are basically throwing his character under the bus. We've had ENOUGH of Jo trying to FIX her life. So, now making her a what? Divorce, left wife with NO family is going to create great stories? Don't think so.

• Love 4

So I watched this wondering, "Where did these storylines come from?  Who are these people?"  From what I'm reading here it's Station 19, which I do not watch and do not intend to watch.  Nice move, show.  

Why does Maggie think she has to be the Big Cheese Chief of Surgery?  She's the one who quit.  She's an annoying child and reminiscent of Veruca Salt only more immature.

The Baby Daddy storyline just isn't interesting enough to drag over (what seems like) 57 episodes.  So, GET ON WITH IT.  Link is way too nice of a guy to torture this way.

So Catherine buys an entire hospital out of spite, thereby putting hundreds of people out of work.  There's no way one hospital can absorb the staff of another hospital.  Beyond unrealistic and silly from the beginning.  A storyline set in motion by, IIRC, Meredith Grey breaking the law.  Nice.  

I thought Chicago Med was the worst medical show on television but, alas, we have a new champion of suck.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, limecoke said:

Why does Maggie think she has to be the Big Cheese Chief of Surgery?  She's the one who quit.

I had almost the same question, except mine was:

Why does Maggie think she gets to be the Big Cheese Chief of Surgery?  She's the one who quit.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, ams1001 said:

'bout time someone stood up to Koracik.

...and remembered that they're all board members and do actually have some power over the place...

It would have meant more to me if the rebellion hadn't been instigated by Jackson, who is the one person who would suffer no retaliation from his mother.

Does Debbie Allen, one of the producers of the show, think that this is a good look for Catherine? She got pissed off at Richard so she kicked him out of the bedroom. He got a job at Pac North and she rejected him because it wasn't an elite hospital.  He started turning it around and so she bought it and is closing it, putting many people out of work and taking a hospital away from the people who live in that area and need it when they get sick.

How is that admirable? Or even interesting?

10 hours ago, dmc said:

"I didn't run the test. I need time."

you don't have time Amelia, just run the test. 

I Hate this Who's The Daddy storyline. Way to ruin the one rootable couple on the show.

That said, I took this response as she needs time to hang on a bit longer to the dream of Linc and a baby. Yes, it's weak but I can understand it.

While cognitively I get Linc's thinking, he's rapidly losing me as a character that I like. He thought he'd never have kids and then found out that he's going to be a father. A few blissful moments with Amelia, and then he finds out that it may not be his baby after all.

He's had enough time to think about what he'll do if that baby is Owen's. Amelia wants to know if he will still stay with her even if the baby isn't his, if he loves her or just the idea of having his own biological child. 

I think if Linc told her that he would stick around even if it is Owen's sperm, she'd get the courage to take the test.

11 hours ago, NoReally said:

Is there any chance there's an Amelia-Owen_Teddy throuple in the works?

God, I hope not. I thought that the scene with Amelia and Owen was a lovely scene of exes who have parted and reach a comfortable equilibrium.

9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Referring to Koracik?  Each specialty has it's own Chief -- Chief of Surgery (Bailey), Chief of Internal Medicine, Chief of Oncology etc. even though we never see them. Koracik is Chief of them all.

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Why did that diagnostician need an interpreter in her first scene? Afterwards she was communicating with everyone, one-on-one, without the aid of said interpreter, apparently by lip-reading. 

She had the interpreter in other scenes too, they just move the screen off to the side and head of the bed,

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She had the interpreter in other scenes too, they just move the screen off to the side and head of the bed,

She had the interpreter when she was dealing with the patient, which makes sense. Her speech isn't that easy to understand, and lip reading with a sick, exhausted patient who may not be speaking clearly herself is going to be more difficult. She needs to make sure the actual medical stuff is clear.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
10 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Referring to Koracik?  Each specialty has it's own Chief -- Chief of Surgery (Bailey), Chief of Internal Medicine, Chief of Oncology etc. even though we never see them. Koracik is Chief of them all.

It's not quite this. Each department chief at Grey Sloan reports to the Chief of Surgery (Bailey). Koracick has some sort of Chief position for the entire Fox Foundation, so the Chiefs of Surgery at all Fox Foundation hospitals report to him. How someone with such wide-ranging responsibility has time to be doing individual interviews for jobs at one hospital on about one day's notice is unclear.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I think if Linc told her that he would stick around even if it is Owen's sperm, she'd get the courage to take the test.

So he has to agree to raise the son of her ex husband or she can't bothered to to find out if the kid is his?  Like linc told her... She and owen have a real entwined history... Add in teddy and its just a mess and until you actually know for sure everything you say is really theoretical... Hell probably even after you know because how does it really work in practice 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, h8omb said:

Each department chief at Grey Sloan reports to the Chief of Surgery (Bailey).

Only as they write it on Grey's. In the real world, they report to the Chief Medical Officer.

8 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

So he has to agree to raise the son of her ex husband or she can't bothered to to find out if the kid is his?

It's not that she can't be bothered, it's that she's afraid that if she takes the test and the baby is Owen's, she'll lose Linc.

Yes, it would be messy with Owen and Teddy involved. But if Linc loves Amelia as he said he does, he should be willing to put up with some messiness to be with her and help raise her child.

Since her father died, the only person who really loved Amelia unconditionally is Derek because her mother and her sisters certainly didn't.  Like all of us, she's looking for that unconditional love again. And she's quite likely afraid that she hasn't got it with Linc, that his love is conditional on the child being biologically his. And so she puts off taking the test and finding out if her fears come true.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's not that she can't be bothered, it's that she's afraid that if she takes the test and the baby is Owen's, she'll lose Linc.

Losing him... Or more than likely him stepping away for a bit to really wrap his head around it.. Is a possibility... Not getting an answer and forcing him to flounder is worse... 

25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

. But if Linc loves Amelia as he said he does, he should be willing to put up with some messiness to be with her and help raise her child

Well for starters I hate the "if you love me... " premise love doesn't trump conquer  or fix all things.. Secondly.. It would be helping raise Amelia and Owen's baby.. And that messiness includes Teddy and whatever baggage she brings.. And how  that could possibly  effects Owen... Which could effect Amelia.. Lotta moving parts.. Who has the final say.. Are they all co-parenting teddy now as well... And as I said earlier until he knows for sure.. He can't be sure... 

• Love 5

It's not really any different than if Linc started a relationship with Amelia when she was already pregnant or had a child from a previous relationship. Having another parent to leave with child with when you want to go on a vacation can be an advantage.

Meredith has three children and yet men are attracted to her as if they were drinking love potions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think she did take the test and that it is his, but that's worse, in a way, than it being Owen's. If it was Owen's, Linc deciding to leave or stay would give her a clear cut answer about whether he really loves her or not. If it's his, and I think it is, she's never going to be able to trust that she was the person he wanted. Also, I thought, despite the steady tenor of his voice, that the look in Linc's eyes as he said, "I love you, but…" made it pretty clear that, no, he doesn't love her or, at least, isn't in love with her.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's not really any different than if Linc started a relationship with Amelia when she was already pregnant or had a child from a previous relationship. Having another parent to leave with child with when you want to go on a vacation can be an advantage.

Meredith has three children and yet men are attracted to her as if they were drinking love potions.

Its wildly different.  If she was already pregnant.. Than he would be making an informed decision.. This.. He was blindsided by.. He had already started to envision having a child and what that life would look like with he and Amelia at the center of it... Especially after he thought he'd never be a father..  And now that prospect is up in the air... Its not really Amelia's fault... She got her math wrong.. But it changes the emotional calculus of the situation 

• Love 8

On a positive note, I loved the older ballroom couple on this latest episode, and thought she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, and loved them dancing to Lena Horne's Moon River.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Its wildly different.  If she was already pregnant.. Than he would be making an informed decision.. This.. He was blindsided by.. He had already started to envision having a child and what that life would look like with he and Amelia at the center of it... Especially after he thought he'd never be a father..  And now that prospect is up in the air... Its not really Amelia's fault... She got her math wrong.. But it changes the emotional calculus of the situation 

This is exactly what I think.  Linc fell in love with the entire situation.  He was already infatuated with Amelia, but he fell in love with the idea of them having a baby and a family.  She wasn't so serious about him either until she found out she was pregnant.  If this turns out to be Owen's baby, it seems totally understandable to me that Linc would not be happy about the situation.  This is not how he envisioned things to be.    

• Love 4

Is life ever what we envisioned it to be?  I know that raising kids certainly isn't.

15 hours ago, Elbow said:

I think she did take the test and that it is his, but that's worse, in a way, than it being Owen's. If it was Owen's, Linc deciding to leave or stay would give her a clear cut answer about whether he really loves her or not. If it's his, and I think it is, she's never going to be able to trust that she was the person he wanted.

I think that the only way that they can salvage this is to have Linc say that he wants to stay with Amelia no matter what before she tells him the results of the DNA test.

Otherwise if the baby is his and they stay together, the relationship will be forever tainted.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is life ever what we envisioned it to be?  I know that raising kids certainly isn't.

I think that the only way that they can salvage this is to have Linc say that he wants to stay with Amelia no matter what before she tells him the results of the DNA test.

Otherwise if the baby is his and they stay together, the relationship will be forever tainted.

Tho I doubt it falls exactly along gender lines I gotta imagine an impromptu poll of men wouldn't agree with that assessment.. Or better put wouldn't care for the inference that the only way the guy can come out of this really messy situation is to agree to take a 50-50 biological  shot on raising ( well helping to raise with 3 other ppl) a child... I know I reject it... 

Another problem with Amelia waiting.  Is what of it is Owen's when does he get to find out ( and teddy)  the really mean- spirited chaos loving version of me kinda hopes it is Owen's just to see the fallout..  But my better Angels don't want that for Teddy or Linc... I don't really care about Amelia or Owen..  But I think Linc survives of Amelia left..  Teddy wouldn't if Owen did... So I guess Owen can stick around..  

Speaking of.. I still remember when Jackson tried to flirt with Teddy to get some kind of leg up during his early days... And she got all mad at him... Dunno why but I always wanted them to jokingly bring it up.. But I really don't remember the last time the two of them had any substantial screentime together 

I do hope the show continues to at least try and flesh out these interns... I know most of the older fans could care less and the show has done a piss poor job making any interns matter in some time.. But its a show about a teaching hospital... I prefer seeing new blood every once in a while. . I still wish they woulda done more with Quadri before she had to go... 

• Love 2
On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM, ams1001 said:

'bout time someone stood up to Koracik.

But he's the only character I still like.

Glasses, hot Asian guy, Helm, don't care.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 3