Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: In Seasickness and in Health

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, spunky said:

I thought I was the only one who taught that Zach and Taylor would have been a better match. Physically she is more his type and as you said they’re both image conscious. I don’t think she would have had much wrangling to do with him, as she seems to have the personality he wants Mindy to have.

But - is he shorter than Taylor?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Lindz said:

She really had that man sleep in a damn ROBE!! Ya doing TOO MUCH girl!! Abusing the control he's letting her have & really pushing it! She needs to pull back with that. Props to him for rolling with it. Prolly cuz he's on thin ice. Hope those things were trivial & he didn't mind too much. He needs to take a stand tho, push back some cuz the more she gets used to it, the harder it'll be to change it & it could blow up in both their faces. 😅

Have no fear .. they’ll be finished in a few weeks.  Marriage is hard enough, and those two have too many obstacles already.  You would think they would have at least enjoyed the surroundings .. the boat, swimming, eating in nice restaurants, etc.  They were both sad.

• Love 6

I'm a little taken aback by the "ugly" comments regarding Katie and the "too skinny" Mindy remarks.

I find Katie cute in a young way- as if her face hasn't quite matured. She reminds me of a friend of my daughter's when she was growing up (she's 30 now!). I don't think she warrants all of the negativity she's gotten physically. As for her bathing suit- well, that is a current style (the very high waist) so...

Mindy is lithe and athletic and has probably always been tiny. I do agree that her teeth seem to be out of proportion to the rest of her- looks as if she has had them capped.

Meka comes across as a very stern, joyless person but we've seen this "character" before. She seems very regimented in her life, very driven- and she's also very young so she has very specific ideas about what she wants in a mate. As others have pointed out, as people mature, they usually realize there is no "perfect person" so they are ok with compromise- ok, he isn't super neat but I'll clean up after him; I don't cook very well but he likes to so he will and sometimes we will order out, etc. In her situation, throw in that on day 2 Michael pulled a personality switch off-camera, then lied about it, and then shunned her completely by moving rooms and taking off the ring- I would be as guarded and wary as she is acting. Although her laundry list of marital etiquette was probably way too soon, way too rigid and for sure cast her in a questionable light.  Michael's weeping in the scene for a future show has me giving him a big side-eye. He seems to be talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Brandon is going to have a hard time recovering from the first impressions he's put out there. I think feeling shy and awkward on the wedding day is ok- I'm sure it's overwhelming. Shutting down for an entire day, making snide comments to the other couples about his mate, and facing off with the camera crew are all hugely immature acts that are showing us early on that he is nowhere near ready for the give-and-take of marriage.  Bad choice, "experts".

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Lindz said:

Nahhhhhhhh. If that was the case, WHY push sex?? He was already tryna get into details of frequency BEFORE his first hit! 😂😂

Why not?  Because he was married, at a beautiful location and figured maybe something was there after all if he gave it a try.  Nothing to lose.  It’s not that he would use her, but maybe there would be some spark .. anything?  Stranger things have happened.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I'm a little taken aback by the "ugly" comments regarding Katie and the "too skinny" Mindy remarks.

I find Katie cute in a young way- as if her face hasn't quite matured. She reminds me of a friend of my daughter's when she was growing up (she's 30 now!). I don't think she warrants all of the negativity she's gotten physically. As for her bathing suit- well, that is a current style (the very high waist) so...

Mindy is lithe and athletic and has probably always been tiny. I do agree that her teeth seem to be out of proportion to the rest of her- looks as if she has had them capped.

Meka comes across as a very stern, joyless person but we've seen this "character" before. She seems very regimented in her life, very driven- and she's also very young so she has very specific ideas about what she wants in a mate. As others have pointed out, as people mature, they usually realize there is no "perfect person" so they are ok with compromise- ok, he isn't super neat but I'll clean up after him; I don't cook very well but he likes to so he will and sometimes we will order out, etc. In her situation, throw in that on day 2 Michael pulled a personality switch off-camera, then lied about it, and then shunned her completely by moving rooms and taking off the ring- I would be as guarded and wary as she is acting. Although her laundry list of marital etiquette was probably way too soon, way too rigid and for sure cast her in a questionable light.  Michael's weeping in the scene for a future show has me giving him a big side-eye. He seems to be talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Brandon is going to have a hard time recovering from the first impressions he's put out there. I think feeling shy and awkward on the wedding day is ok- I'm sure it's overwhelming. Shutting down for an entire day, making snide comments to the other couples about his mate, and facing off with the camera crew are all hugely immature acts that are showing us early on that he is nowhere near ready for the give-and-take of marriage.  Bad choice, "experts".

sorry, mistake.

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I'm a little taken aback by the "ugly" comments regarding Katie

She does 'a thing' with tucking her chin along with some odd head movements; that along with her voice I find irritating. However, I could totally relate to her irritation about Derek jumping in the shower with her & the 24/7 with him getting a bit old.

ETA: that's one thing I agree with Zach about, reg. missing someone would mean you care somehow (although not necessarily attracted or in love). This doesn't mean I think Katie doesn't care; just that she needs some space. Some space will be helpful for all of them at this point.

Edited by gonecrackers
fix word
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why not?  Because he was married, at a beautiful location and figured maybe something was there after all if he gave it a try.  Nothing to lose.  It’s not that he would use her, but maybe there would be some spark .. anything?  Stranger things have happened.

Cuz that's how men work?? They're NOT attracted to someone & become attracted after having sex with them?? RIIIIIIIIGHT. 😂 NAH. They're USERS & TAKE what they can get, given the OPPORTUNITY! Highly UNLIKELY a guy would have that approach. It would just be a SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP. That's why Zach's abstaining cuz he already knows he's out & would just be using her for sex. Shocking he's actually doing something right. I can't believe it.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 4
On 2/5/2020 at 8:49 PM, ramble said:

Is “you’re my best friend” the new catch phrase of MAFS? 

WTF is this "best friend" crap?? You don't even know their middle name, COOL IT!! Sounds so fake & forced. Slow your roll!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Cuz that's how men work?? They're NOT attracted to someone & become attracted after having sex with them?? RIIIIIIIIGHT. 😂 NAH. They're USERS & TAKE what they can get with the OPPORTUNITY they have! Highly UNLIKELY a guy would have that approach. It would just be a SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP. That's why Zach's abstaining cuz he already knows he's out & would just be using her for sex. Shocking he's actually doing something right. I can't believe it.

Supposedly, the “experts” were supposed to interview them all and pick their brains about certain things pertaining to sex and other things, BUT, I have read that the experts don’t even interview or pick them at all.  Production does.  So, who knows about anything at this point.  It’s a show and it’s scripted, and here we are trying to figure everything out by what we see.  Too confusing all around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I especially liked what they had to say about Brandon.  They are correct. 

If Brandon was honest with the producers and told them about his brother's murder, he should have been asked if therapy was or is a part of his life; if he said no then he should NOT have been a participant on the show.

I've been watching the YouTube channel "Soft White Underbelly."  These are interviews with people mainly on LA's Skid Row and they are really compelling.  What is apparent is that childhood trauma can affect a person especially if it was never dealt with.   Some people believe that if they never talk about something, that means it never happened, but their insides are dealing with it, many of these people have problems holding down jobs and keeping relationships and don't know why.

To me, this show seems filled with stress.  You're married to a stranger, you're being filmed, producers are asking you questions all the time, you're thrown into a group situation with people you don't know.  A person who is well balanced would have a hard time, not to mention someone like Brandon who really can't seem to deal with it.

• Love 9

Funny how we have not seen Zach in the weight room.  He did do some swimming.

If the camera crew was gonna follow Brandon to the bar in the morning, they would have certainly followed Zack to the fitness facility at the hotel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/6/2020 at 12:11 PM, Soup333 said:

Brandon wasn’t making a positive comment about females on Instagram. He was generalizing and lumping Taylor in with the shallow crowd. 

YUPPPP!! I DON'T need to hear Brandon's drivel about insta models, projecting his stereotypes. Taylor is your WIFE, so SHUT UP about her "huge following" & OBSERVE! Don't CREATE a problem! I CAN'T STAND hearing people whine about "OTHERS" & including their prospect when they don't even KNOW them! FOCUS on FINDING OUT how the person is that you're dealing with! I appreciate their convo & I hope he meant what he said. He did it the right way & OBSERVED & brought it up, for CLARITY, at an appropriate time. SCORE FOR UNDERSTANDING & OPEN COMMUNICATION!!😄 We need to see more of that! Such a welcome change from the spouses telling everyone EXCEPT their spouse! That's always been my complaint. 😂

Edited by Lindz
26 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

In that Youtube video all I can focus on are those ugly white fake fingernails.  I hate those loooong fingernails and I wouldn't want anyone fixing my food with those things.  

LOL, I didn't even notice the nails, I just focused on what they were saying, I wasn't even thinking about food.

That's why this group is so cool, we all see things differently.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Liberty said:

If the camera crew was gonna follow Brandon to the bar in the morning, they would have certainly followed Zack to the fitness facility at the hotel.

Think  he belly flopped trying to show off by diving off the boat...

Sure shirtless Zach was in the gym early and often to get away from his ball and chain...but the editors want Mindy whining to him and he undermining her self esteem as their story line...not watching him flex and lift....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Think  he belly flopped trying to show off by diving off the boat...

Sure shirtless Zach was in the gym early and often to get away from his ball and chain...but the editors want Mindy whining to him and he undermining her self esteem as their story line...not watching him flex and lift....

He should put his brains where his muscles are.  Some think just because they are “hot” and have a great body, thats all they need.  On second thought, I should talk. Look at the women on t.v. lately .. boobs out for the world to see, slits up to their hoohas.  They might as well be naked.  The Super Bowl half time was a for instance.  Could the outfits be any skimpier?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Lindz said:

Cuz that's how men work?? They're NOT attracted to someone & become attracted after having sex with them?? RIIIIIIIIGHT. 😂 NAH. They're USERS & TAKE what they can get, given the OPPORTUNITY! 

That’s a dim (and pretty unfair) view of an entire gender.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ya know, maybe Michael will "feel" like a husband when they consummate their marriage. That's what his bs really means. 😂😂

Could you imagine them having sex?  Meka: “no, put it higher, “slow down, you’re going too fast”, “you’re too heavy, get off”, “when is this going to end”?.  “Get off me”.  Michael would have to gag her beforehand.

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

LOL, I didn't even notice the nails, I just focused on what they were saying, I wasn't even thinking about food.

That's why this group is so cool, we all see things differently.

What episode with the white nails?

@Silver Bells, the woman in the video discussing the show that was posted a page or two back (or even on this page above) has long white talons. I didn't notice them at first, either, but when it was pointed out, it is very visible. I listened to some of the video, but they were a little too bland for me. Kind of liked that Auntie better, but I only watched one video.

Edited by Retired at last
13 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

But - is he shorter than Taylor?

Give him a larger round brush to blow dry with and he can add another inch or two 😄 

10 hours ago, Liberty said:

Not necessarily - morning solo drinking is a much more interesting plot device than a personal trainer hitting the hotel gym!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 2/5/2020 at 10:48 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

So 3/5 of the husbands have removed their rings in defiance of something or someone. Well, bless their hearts. 

Well, at least none of them lost their rings on the beach, only to have a virgin freak out about it!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

@Silver Bells, the woman in the video discussing the show that was posted a page or two back (or even on this page above) has long white talons. I didn't notice them at first, either, but when it was pointed out, it is very visible. I listened to some of the video, but they were a little too bland for me. Kind of liked that Auntie better, but I only watched one video.

Ok, thanks .. I’ll check it out.

21 hours ago, princelina said:

Give him a larger round brush to blow dry with and he can add another inch or two 😄 

Not necessarily - morning solo drinking is a much more interesting plot device than a personal trainer hitting the hotel gym!

I've heard that size does matter... 😉

Does Taylor have dermal piercings on her chest?  If they're moles they're very symmetrically spaced. 

• Love 1
On 2/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, Ohwell said:

she could try some squats

A butt can top you over when ice skating! Or not! Her choice of clothing and hairstyle pronounce even more her skinniness. There is a huge selection of flirty day dresses out there which are easy to wear and would look great on her! 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ShowFan said:

A butt can top you over when ice skating! Or not! Her choice of clothing and hairstyle pronounce even more her skinniness. There is a huge selection of flirty day dresses out there which are easy to wear and would look great on her! 

All she has to do is change those veneers.  They are oversized and too white.  It would make a world of difference.  She’s a sweetheart and hope she will find the right man.  He’s too into himself.

• Love 9

Hope to NEVER see Jessica's ugly, lumpy hat again! HOW'D the husbands get sun burned? No sunscreen rubdowns? 😅 & Derek's chest hair & body? BLEH

Edited by Lindz
On 2/9/2020 at 10:17 AM, gonecrackers said:

ETA: that's one thing I agree with Zach about, reg. missing someone would mean you care somehow (although not necessarily attracted or in love).

Yeah, I agree with Zach about this too. I had a coworker who was on opposite schedules from his wife for a while - we worked standard business hours, she was working at night and finishing a degree during the day - and I asked if it was hard. He said kind of, but it also gave them a chance to miss each other. I thought that was sweet. I listen to a podcast that's produced and hosted by a long-term couple, and one of the quotes (said by the woman in the couple) that they use all the time is "You gotta miss a bitch." They spend a LOT of time together so they're actually glad when one of them has something that takes them away from the other for a bit because it gives them the chance to miss each other.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:52 PM, princelina said:

I typically work out 6 days a week (and I am that person who works out on vacation if possible) and I think watching someone work out is so boring. So if the show opted not to show Zach's workouts, I thank them.

• Love 3
On 2/11/2020 at 9:04 AM, Silver Bells said:

All she has to do is change those veneers.  They are oversized and too white.  It would make a world of difference.  She’s a sweetheart and hope she will find the right man.  He’s too into himself.

Did anyone ever see the Frasier episode where Frasier, Martin and Niles watched Antique Roadshow together and every time the TV said the word 'veneer' they would all shout "Veneer!" and drink?  We could play that game right here 😄 

• LOL 2

On 2/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, Soup333 said:

All of my white east coast friends say 'aunt' rhyming with 'flaunt'.

Southerner here.  The pronunciations here that predominate are "ant" and "ahnt" - doesn't exactly rhyme with flaunt.  Some small town folks will break out "aint" but not as common as the other two.  

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, AzraeltheCat said:

Southerner here.  The pronunciations here that predominate are "ant" and "ahnt" - doesn't exactly rhyme with flaunt.  Some small town folks will break out "aint" but not as common as the other two.  

Mid-atlantic coast - I use both and I've never thought much about when/why I use one or the other. Neither one ever sounds quite right.

• Love 1
On 2/9/2020 at 9:16 AM, KateHearts said:

I'm a little taken aback by the "ugly" comments regarding Katie 

On 2/9/2020 at 9:16 AM, KateHearts said:

I love reading all the comments here and in other forums but really enjoy--and engage in--snark.  I'm hoping anyone that puts themselves on a reality tv show seen by hundreds of thousands will know that there are forums out here that will discuss every aspect of the show and the participants.  If anyone is at all thin-skinned, reality tv is the wrong place for them, imo. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I love reading all the comments here and in other forums but really enjoy--and engage in--snark.  I'm hoping anyone that puts themselves on a reality tv show seen by hundreds of thousands will know that there are forums out here that will discuss every aspect of the show and the participants.  If anyone is at all thin-skinned, reality tv is the wrong place for them, imo. 

I think shark about what these people do or think is fine, about their looks, not so much.  that's just mean.

• Love 2
On 2/5/2020 at 9:15 PM, Adeejay said:

Zach:  Did you shower this morning?

Mindy:  Yes

Zach:  Hmm. I literally didn't hear you.

I wonder why he is so overly concern with her bathing habit.

"I am a private person", said a guy who chose to go on a reality show to marry a stranger. 

That's what's so bugged out about Brandon's freakout over Taylor putting the camera in his face. Dude, you're on a reality show. Last season they even showed surveillance footage of the couples in their apartments! Come on, dude!

On 2/5/2020 at 9:33 PM, Adeejay said:

Taylor reminds me of Beyoncé.  I believe NC Keith would be a good match.  She seems sweet and he gives off a mellow vibe.  Not to mention, they would make a cute couple.

Mindy, sweetie, Zach isn't wearing his ring because he doesn't feel like a married man. And, if he misses you when you are not together, then that means he is attracted to you.  I guess that makes sense. 

Maybe that should be a spinoff: matching MAFS castoffs with other castoffs-but taking the audience feedback into account. The audience may be better matchmakers than the "experts". 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This show is totally my guilty pleasure, but it is so frustrating each time one person of a couple isn't attracted to the other person and the "experts" go into their whole "attraction isn't everything" mode. No, it isn't everything but it is very literally the initial building block that brings two people together so stop acting like that isn't a big deal! It IS a deal breaker!!

• Love 2