Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: In Seasickness and in Health

• Start Topic

I'm just wondering if all this "early drama" is producer created and then there is a change to all fall in love.

I know it is weird, but are we really in for seven more weeks of this drama? If it is all a bust up now, what more do we need to see?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I just think in my own mind that it would be better for him to lay his cards on the table and tell her that he is not feeling it rather than spewing off things that make zero sense and almost cruelly teasing her with periodic one liners that make her believe she has a chance with him. I know it is early in the season but to see that smile that she does when he says something nice is just cringeworthy. I'm sure the experts will talk to him when they return. We'll have to see if he gives them the 20 minute empty speech about how he feels or does not feel about her.

I don’t necessarily have a problem with Zach being honest about not having an initial attraction to Mindy. I think maybe what she wants to hear is that he is open to the possibility of it developing over time. At least per Dr. What’s-Her-Name, they don’t discount physical attraction but state that they don’t match on that because looks don’t last. I’m not sure how much I believe that but I can see where Mindy gets some mixed signals (the grand gesture of laying her gently on the marital bed while looking deeply into her eyes - perhaps at his own reflection - for example). I think that Mindy maybe shot herself in the foot by having too many deep, serious conversations too soon but I also think that Zach knew at the altar that he wasn’t attracted to her and wasn’t planning to develop any sort of attraction. He friend-zoned her immediately. I don’t think that Zach should have had sex with her or even made out with her but I don’t think it would have hurt to hold her hand or toss an arm around her shoulders - just to see if something stirred.

• Love 4
On 2/5/2020 at 9:08 PM, Ohwell said:

The social media discussion between Taylor and Brandon is interesting.  

We have never seen a conversation like that before, and i enjoyed the change of pace, although it did go on too long.  I would like to see more substantive conversations like that.  What was weird, was why they kept that shot of the waiter's butt completely blocking our view and bringing their food...it was almost like there was going to be some significance of it, but then there wasn't.

23 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Yet skillfully remembered to put on his man-bracelet!

I loved how the cameraman cut straight to the bracelet when he said that!

12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Taylor was being her laughing, joking self but there are times when she's talking directly to the camera and her eyes are dead. I don't believe a word she's saying. I find her at times to be inauthentic but I'm wondering if it's the stress of having to play nice and pretend there's a chance in hell things could work with him.

Yes!  When she was doing her narration on the balcony, I absolutely couldn't believe how dead her eyes looked, and there were no expressions on her face, even when she was discussing something that should have been happy.

13 hours ago, valdawn said:

When he walked into his room and said to the producer “so what do we do now?” Said to me that the only things they’re doing on camera are pretending and as soon as cameras are off they probably aren’t even associating or speaking to each other. 

That was so odd, and i'm surprised they showed it, given how that propsed explanation could be correct, which is not flattering to the show

17 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Michael started impressing as he shared his life's views, and otoh Meka does appear to be difficult/high-maintenance.

Still not a Michael fan, but at least he was contributing (more than) his half of the conversation.  We never saw Meka comment on what he said and get to know him by exploring it further.  She seems very transactional, like "i just asked a question and he answered it.  Good.  On to the next one."

19 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I would have honestly just gave up on Meka before the honeymoon was over. She's just not my type of woman. All the rules and regulations. Not for me. 

Girlfriend needs to recognize there's a time and a place for everything, and I don't think she has any concept of what that means.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I just don't get it. I seriously want to endlessly pound my head against the nearest I don't understand why Austin has to "try to like" foods that he doesn't like because his wife likes those foods. And she appreciates that he's trying to like them. What? I get trying something that you maybe have not had in a long time to see if anything's changed, but to constantly eat stuff because you're forcing yourself to try to like it? That's lunacy.

I wasn’t paying much attention to this part, but I think Jessica is pescatarian or vegetarian and Austin is a meat eater. I don’t think that either of them should have to change their diet for the other, but as an omnivore living with two vegans, I will say that it’s a lot easier to make some compromises and eat mostly what they eat with some fish or chicken thrown in  as desired than to maintain two completely and totally different diets. To the degree that he means “I’ll eat more fish and vegetables so that we aren’t cooking two totally different dinners every night” I applaud his flexibility and practicality. They’ll figure it out when they get home and are cooking for themselves rather than ordering room service or eating in a restaurant every night.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t understand what you mean.  Some men wear their rings because their wives want them to.  Some wear them because they are religious and it means something to them.  I worked in a big office with Engineers and Lawyers.  I saw a lot of the men wearing wedding rings and have girlfriends on the side.  A wedding ring means different things to different people.  It’s meant to be a symbol of commitment.  Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn’t.  I wear my wedding ring everyday as it’s all diamonds, and who doesn’t love diamonds?  Lol.  My husband of many years doesn’t wear his because he doesn’t like jewelry, and I don’t mind.  If he’s going to fool around, a ring won’t stop him or anyone else for that matter.  Plus, a wedding ring does not stop another woman from making a play for a married man.  

One poster said that men just don't wear or don't want wear weddings. My stance was that this is not a gender thing. Some people just don't like wearing rings period. For a hosts of reasons. That's all I'm saying. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Mindy should just let it go. Zach told her not to use the words husband, wife and honeymoon? Sucks when someone isn’t into you but why waste time trying to change them? I’d show up to film and go back to my regular life. 

That was truly incredible.  Seriously.  How can she not see the flashing billboard-size neon light of disinterest?  It actually does make me wonder what she is waiting for.  With all that he has said, really and truly, what does she think is going to change...that she will nag or shame him into being attracted to her?  

• Love 9

Through all seasons, I honestly don't remember anyone criticizing participants for not being attracted to their spouses; it's the cruel or two-faced way they handled it that grated.

It should be a fairly straightforward (if uncomfortable) conversation: You seem to be a great person but I'm just not feeling any chemistry. Can we try to be kind, get to know each other, and see where that takes us?

It's possible to be truthful and not lead someone on without disparaging them.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 9

Mindy should just let it go. Zach told her not to use the words husband, wife and honeymoon? Sucks when someone isn’t into you but why waste time trying to change them? I’d show up to film and go back to my regular life. 

I wish I'd heard him say that though I suppose he's savvy enough not to say that on camera. To me, that moved things from "I'm not attracted to you" to "I'm embarrassed to be married to you" - especially coupled with his not wearing a ring while clearly having sufficient memory to otherwise accessorize. Maybe I'm reading more into it than what is there.

• Love 14

Dallas Amber repeatedly accused Dave for not being attracted to her since his celebrity crush was a brunette and she was bleached blond.

To be fair, Dave bragged that they had coitus twice daily during the marriage so he wasn’t going to let Amber’s whining that he is not being attracted to her get in the way of his sexy time......

Zach is incapable of speaking straight forward about anything...he is so in love with sound of words coming out of his pie hole that he jibbers and prattles on and on....

Mindy is as annoying AF because she cannot or will not accept that Zach will not even pretend to see her as a forever wife.

She should just enjoy being on teevee, albeit on a basic cable show and making friends with the Wife Squad.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
On 2/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, Silver Bells said:

Boy, Meka sure has a lot of instructions and restrictions for the marriage.  Is she married or in the Army?  You adjust as you go along.

I almost expected her to break out a Sheldon Cooper Relationship Agreement.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:51 PM, ShowFan said:

Austin is beyond adorable! He looks at Jessica like a puppy and is so sweet and handsome. I love both him and Derek

Me too.  They both have more going on beneath the surface, too.  Right now I'm having a hard time choosing between them but I think I'd end up choosing Austin.  He just has that certain somethin-somethin that I'd probably click with more.  A winsome way, nice, respectful and smart too.  Shades of Bobby, although Bobby wasn't messy.  Oh well, no one's perfect!

On 2/5/2020 at 9:59 PM, ShowFan said:

Hypothetically speaking, if you are with the right person, just being yourself should suffice...

Yeah, but re: Mindy having any ass at all would certainly help....

She has a chest so implants would be the last thing she needs, unless the implants were in her butt....

On 2/5/2020 at 10:04 PM, gonecrackers said:

Wow Brandon, way to shit on everyone at the end of the honeymoons.

Talk about burning your bridges with everyone!  Totally not cool and there were major red flags waving all over the place!  This guy has serious issues.  Grow the F up!

Brandon to everyone on the show:

On 2/5/2020 at 10:15 PM, Cammi said:

Ima just say it. Katie ain’t cute. Derrick is much more attractive. Katie looks like a chinless baby seal. I’m VERY surprised Derrick is attracted to her. If I was just looking at the cast with no frame of reference, I’d peg him to be in Zack’s shoes.

Derrick was incredulous in his talking head as to why Zach isn't attracted to Mindy.  Methinks his standards are a lot looser than Zach's.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
On 2/6/2020 at 12:07 AM, Leilani said:

Haven't we all had men/boys who were interested in us and we weren't in them. And we had to tell them- look I'm not attracted to you, let's just be friends- yet they keep thinking there's a chance and just don't get it. That's Mindy with Zach. Why does she think he owes her any more explanation or why he's obligated to be attracted to her. Everyone has a type and she clearly isn't his. He definitely does not care for her pheromones given the numerous times he's asked if she's showered. 

I agree.  In this case I don't blame Zach at all for not being attracted to her.  She is clearly not every guy's cup of tea.  I blame the show for matching Zach with someone that would be kind of on the hard side for most good looking guys to find sexually attractive.  He is trying to handle it with class but he is being a little too open and harsh about it because he is generally clueless about how to handle such things.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:17 AM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Was this show only an hour last season? Couldn’t they have bumped it to 90 minutes instead of going straight for two hours? Part of me wants to remind this show that it is no 90 Day Fiancé, but the rest of me realizes that might be intentional, since Pastor Cal is so vocal about their refusal to cast parents and impose this nonsense upon children.

IIRC, I thought the show was 90 minutes long for the last few seasons and was bumped up to 120 (2 hrs.) this season.  I think the additional half hour is totally unnecessary and just an excuse to pack in more commercials.  I've noticed that they're including more of the "relationship discussions" between the couples now and it gets boring after a while.

22 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I actually see Brandon's side to the social media thing. I find Instagram and all that to be the dumbest shit ever. But, if you are into it you are into it. I just wouldn't want it to be a constant thing and that's a genuine fear. Like you can't have a moment without feeling the need to share it.

I am no Brandon fan but I understand how he feels about this.  He is afraid that Taylor is too into her appearance and popularity online to care about anything else (i.e. him) and too shallow, inauthentic and into herself too.  I don't blame him.  She is giving off vibes that she is that way despite her protests to the contrary.

14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

And that's my issue with her.  It's as if she's trying to publicly shame him for not being attracted to her.  At this point, I'm actually rooting for Zach to pack his shit and leave, instead of her leaving him. 

Yeah, I felt sorry for Mindy up to the point that she started harping on him about it, which usually seems to happen after she's had at least one drink.  Not that she should have to reinvent herself or change to make some guy find her attractive, but it doesn't help her cause any to do this to him.  It will only push him further away.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I agree.  In this case I don't blame Zach at all for not being attracted to her.  She is clearly not every guy's cup of tea.  I blame the show for matching Zach with someone that would be kind of on the hard side for most good looking guys to find sexually attractive.  He is trying to handle it with class but he is being a little too open and harsh about it because he is generally clueless about how to handle such things.

Replying to myself here - I think in response to Zach's repeated questions about what she could do to make him "build attraction" for her, she should suggest putting the lights down low, pouring a bath and getting into it with him, or maybe suggest giving him a massage - something sensuous that might lead somewhere.  If he doesn't go for that, oh well, she did try!  I get it that she probably wouldn't do that because she doesn't want to risk the rejection.  She probably knows nothing's going to work anyway.

• Love 2

Brandon is an asshole. Talk about a Jekyll and Hyde personality. He is putting all his insecurities on Taylor. I think he is the type that is verbally abusive and could potentially be physically abusive. He might have a drinking problem too.

I can't really figure out what's going on with Meka, other than maybe she just sees things as very black and white. It's going to be tough for her if she can't compromise. Michael seems like he's putting himself out there and trying to see if the marriage can work, and she's still stuck at Day 1.

Zach is a dud. Mindy needs to dump him and get on with her life.

• Love 17

Next week's preview:

Pastor Cal voice over: "Next time on Married at First Sight..."

Jessica, opening door to apartment (Austin is behind her), "We are home!"

Michael, following Meka into her place: "This is FANcy."

Pastor Cal: "Our couples settle into their new homes..."

Cut to Derek, wheeling a rack with suitcases, into an apartment.

(Weird) cut to Taylor, pulling a suitcase through a hotel room (there's a No Smoking sign on the bureau). I guess this another of their fakeouts.

Cut back to Michael, carrying cartons, followed by Meka dragging a box.

Pastor Cal: "...and face the future together as husband and wife."

Cut to Katie, unpacking a suitcase in a bedroom.

Cut to Jessica, in a walk-in closet. Austin: "You're really going to go through everything, aren't you?" Jessica: "I mean, maybe." Austin: "All right..?"

Jessica, peeking in drawers, and under a bed: "I'm a little worried because I've never actually lived together with a significant other."

Cut to Pastor Cal, (glasses off) with Katie and Derek, sitting on couches. PC: "Have you ever been in love?" Katie: "I've been in love."  PC (glasses on): "Are you still attracted to that person?" Katie: "Yeah." Derek looks down. Derek ITM in kitchen: "I don't think I should be feeling like I have a competitor in a marriage."

Pastor Cal, speaking to Meka and Michael, on couches: "What is it you don't trust?" Michael has tears running down his face. Meka: "I don't trust that he's telling the truth sometimes." PC: "What's going on, man?" Michael: "I just feel like I'm failing." Meka: "No, don't cry." She wraps her arms around him.

Cut to Brandon and Taylor sitting on together on couch in living room. Brandon: "I, Brandon, vow to be your husband and a better Brandon." Taylor looks skeptical. Taylor: "You vow?" Brandon: "I do." They clasp hands.

Cut to Zach and Mindy sitting on a couch. Mindy looks shut down. Zach: "I see the reasons I was matched with you - you're smart, you're pretty." She perks up, and smiles.

Cut to Michael, on couch: "Do you want this marriage to work?" Meka, with a small smile: "Yes." Michael: "Me too."

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Brandon is an asshole. Talk about a Jekyll and Hyde personality. He is putting all his insecurities on Taylor. I think he is the type that is verbally abusive and could potentially be physically abusive. He might have a drinking problem too.

I can't really figure out what's going on with Meka, other than maybe she just sees things as very black and white. It's going to be tough for her if she can't compromise. Michael seems like he's putting himself out there and trying to see if the marriage can work, and she's still stuck at Day 1.

Zach is a dud. Mindy needs to dump him and get on with her life.

I don’t see how the experts put Meka and Michael together.  Meka is young in her mind and doesn’t have a clue about what it takes to make a marriage.  Michael is worldly and saw this from the beginning.  He was disgusted from day one, split to another room, and the honeymoon went down the drain.  They don’t belong together.  They both did not enjoy the honeymoon.  What a waste.  They both should have participated with the others and enjoy Panama, especially the boat trip, water, restaurants, booze and beach.  Instead, they both were sulking.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

enjoy Panama, especially the boat trip, water, restaurants, booze and beach.  Instead, they both were sulking.

All these couples seem to enjoy the grape, it'll be a real change when they get back to the working world.  Likely too that they have not been paying for their liquor, which gives Ms. Beauty and Brains a chance to IG the foo-foo drinks she may order (and not consume).

• Love 6

Brandon strikes me as an alcoholic. It concerns me that almost every episode of the honeymoon saw Taylor trying to use alcohol to placate him or as a peace offering. He can’t handle his liquor. From what others have said, he has at least two DUIs, so I could totally buy that he’s self-medicating his anxiety and the buried trauma of his brother’s murder with alcohol. The way he was reacting to the camera crew/producers was uncalled for. Maybe he should’ve read his contract closer and accepted that filming for chunks of the day was necessary to be in compliance. Sadly, I could see him being disrespectful towards Taylor and her putting on a smiling face to hide it. He comes off as the type to love bomb after being volatile and nasty. I have a feeling how he treated the camera crew is probably a glimpse into how he talks to her. Telling her eff you? It couldn’t and wouldn’t have been me because that’s so disrespectful. 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 12

See this whole Zack and Mindy debacle is why I think the show is suspect. I dunno if Zack specifically stated Caucasian women only, but imo he and Taylor would have made a perfect power couple on the show. Think of their possible huge Insta followings! They both seem to have way more in common than the partners the show has paired them with.

Even with Luke basically stated he dates ethnic races, and from his interview he LEAD with that, and then concluded with "and white girls too" or something to that effect. And they still matched him with the most vanilla (but sweetheart) of a girl. I just think the show is so old fashioned in this, and I've previously noted on here that they even seem to even match darker skin couples together and lighter tones WITHIN the same race... In the year 2020, it just boggles my mind. And again with the lack of same sex couples. is the Lifetime network run by the same folks that own Chick Fil-A? 

Just seems like a missed opportunity with Taylor and Zack. They coulda spent their honeymoon taking non stop selfies and posting pics of their food without all the "shallow" accusations. Although I would not wish Brandon on poor Mindy. Or anyone. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Cammi said:

See this whole Zack and Mindy debacle is why I think the show is suspect. I dunno if Zack specifically stated Caucasian women only, but imo he and Taylor would have made a perfect power couple on the show. Think of their possible huge Insta followings! They both seem to have way more in common than the partners the show has paired them with.

Even with Luke basically stated he dates ethnic races, and from his interview he LEAD with that, and then concluded with "and white girls too" or something to that effect. And they still matched him with the most vanilla (but sweetheart) of a girl. I just think the show is so old fashioned in this, and I've previously noted on here that they even seem to even match darker skin couples together and lighter tones WITHIN the same race... In the year 2020, it just boggles my mind. And again with the lack of same sex couples. is the Lifetime network run by the same folks that own Chick Fil-A? 

Just seems like a missed opportunity with Taylor and Zack. They coulda spent their honeymoon taking non stop selfies and posting pics of their food without all the "shallow" accusations. Although I would not wish Brandon on poor Mindy. Or anyone. 

I’ve said as much. As far as temperament, personality, and their laidback approach, I believe they probably would’ve been a good match. All I remember is Taylor saying she wanted someone with swag or swagger because the people at the hospital lacked that. I don’t know what or if anything was said about the type of ethnicity either wanted. She probably would’ve liked Zach’s proposal before marriage and the immediate selfie. I think at the bare minimum, they wouldn’t have spent the honeymoon dealing with an insecure, nagging partner who was comparing her marriage to others and the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde that is Brandon.

• Love 8

"But yeah, a man with at least two different wristwatches doesn't have much room to claim he's not into jewelry."

I'll give Zach a break on the watches. I can understand someone saying they aren't into jewelry but wears a watch.

I won't give him a break on the bracelet.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I am so surprised that Derek claims to have never been in love. It seems like he is already in love with Katie, who is so basic / average in every way (mediocre looks, nice enough personality, etc.) Like there must be thousands and thousands of “Katies” in every metropolitan area. Derek seems like the kind of guy who marries his high school sweetheart. I think he’s a very nice, good guy. It’s just odd. 

Regarding Katie’s looks, I agree with previous posts that she looks like a chinless seal, but I can see why Derek likes her. She has enough decent/good things going on (petite, cute figure, tan skin, freckles, decent hair), plus a cutesy relatively confident flirty personality. I think those individual things allow Derek to see her in a positive light even though in a macro sense she’s a 4 or 5.

Mindy seems very down to earth, has a nice personality, seems to be of above average intelligence. I think it’s a real shame that the experts paired her up with dickhead Zack (although from an entertainment perspective I think it was a smart move.) The expert that Mindy spoke with on the phone said they don’t match for looks; however, looks are so obviously important to Zack so they should have considered that. Everyone has already said that Mindy looks very gaunt which is so true. I would just like to add that her oversized aviator sunglasses make her look even more skeletal. Looks aside I think Zack with be more attracted to someone who plays hard to get and is more passive than Mindy. Someone who is too dumb to recognize that Zack is talking out his ass.  Just a terrible match. Mindy deserves better.

I hope the cast members don’t read these comments because I would feel terrible. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, 2727 said:

Through all seasons, I honestly don't remember anyone criticizing participants for not being attracted to their spouses; it's the cruel or two-faced way they handled it that grated.

It should be a fairly straightforward (if uncomfortable) conversation: You seem to be a great person but I'm just not feeling any chemistry. Can we try to be kind, get to know each other, and see where that takes us?

It's possible to be truthful and not lead someone on without disparaging them.

But to me, that bolded part is just as cruel because it's giving the person some hope that the other one will come around and  a relationship might develop.  I think the "see where that takes us" is bullshit if there is clearly no attraction.  

In a situation like that, I think the best one can hope for is no more discussion about the relationship, doing touristy stuff and enjoying good food, and being civil to each other until the "experiment" is over.    

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, but re: Mindy having any ass at all would certainly help....

She has a chest so implants would be the last thing she needs, unless the implants were in her butt....

I'm a bad person and I hope lightning doesn't strike me but I noticed her lack of any ass in those shorts.  I'm not suggesting implants, but in addition to gaining some weight, she could try some squats.

• Love 3

Katie I think is a pretty cute girl — I think her jaw has a certain curve to it that photographs odd from certain angles. The difference between photographing ok and really well often comes down to the jaw. As a result sometimes she looks really pretty, other times not so much IMHO. LIke they say in Pulp Fiction, personality goes a long way when it comes to looks, and her upbeat air about her really transfixed Derrek. 

Due to this board, I looked at her a bit more closely this past episode. I noticed that she either could use braces, or had braces and then didn't wear her retainer so her teeth shifted. I have a friend whose child did that; the kid then asked the parent to bankroll another set. You can guess what the answer was. 😉(My 13-year-old is on Invisalign and this is an expense I am only willing to pay once in my life).

• Love 2

Just found out something interesting. It's not a spoiler for the show but it is a behind the scenes thing.

Spoiler

It's being rumored that two other brides to be backed out of the process before Taylor so if true, Brandon and Taylor aren't a real match at all. 

• Useful 13
  • Love 1

Brandon definitely has some issues, but I’m willing to believe it really is an anxiety disorder. In the book The Highly Sensitive Person, Elaine Aron talks about how men who are HSPs can have a hard time reconciling their default setting — HSPs are sensitive to external stimuli; it’s not about being emotional — to the cultural expectation of men being tough. This can manifest as aggression, since anxiety and overwhelm are derided as “feminine,” plus the frustration of feeling trapped between those factors probably does make some guys really mad if they don’t have good coping skills. Aron suggests that this is probably a huge, unrecognized issue in incarceration settings, too. Watching 60 Days In made me realize what a stimulus nightmare jail or prison would be. Anyway, I could believe that Brandon acts up because he’s overwhelmed and mad at himself for getting into this situation, and if he’s not on a good therapeutic regimen, alcohol is an understandable substitute for self-soothing. 

I know I’m alone here, but I don’t think there is a thing wrong with Mindy’s figure. Not everyone wants a fat ass. My husband would be grossed out if I purposely tried to bulk up my petite butt. Nobody is universally attractive. I don’t even think Zach is the most attractive guy this season. He’s short and derpy, and I’m wary of a guy who spends that much time on his physique. There lie the boring conversations and restrictive diets. All of these guys have their flaws, but I think the other four would all be easier to get to know or have some genuine, reciprocal fun with. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

She's what, 25?  Isn't Katie 25? Lots of people are married with kids by that age & it's okay for them, but I realize not everyone is mature enough that soon. And if Katie is stuck on an ex, she's not mature enough either.

Katie seems to think that she is in an accelerated maturity program simply because she is diabetic, which puzzles me. There is no rush to have a baby as a diabetic. Pregnancy might pose some unique challenges, but she isn't required to have a child sooner than others. 

I'm more than amused by the young 25 year olds who say "I am tired of the dating scene and can't find anyone I want to settle down with!"- this is the time they should be having fun, meeting lots of people and dating. Some people are more than ready and mature enough to marry in their early and mid 20s, but this isn't the 1890s where a woman over 20 was considered an aging spinster.

I am so tired of the little "I got married at first sight because..." phrases because we all know why people go on this show and want a mate and frankly, it's old. That and the phrases "complete stranger" and "legally married." Speaking of which, the "experts" frustrate me when they hear something pretty alarming such as Mindy's confession that Zach expressed disinterest and the general response is "tough it out; maybe he'll feel differently when you go back home," or some such.  They seem to have very little regard for how vulnerable these people must feel. I can't imagine someone displaying complete disinterest in me on camera, calling an "expert" and being shrugged off like Mindy was. I keep waiting for her to tell the cameras, "Zach is so full of shit and I can't believe all the word salad he is giving me!" and laughing.  I guess it would be more amusing if they weren't LEGALLY MARRIED.

Brandon's passive-aggressive hand to the camera act on the elevator told me all I need to know about him. As if the filming crew were pushy paparazzi shoving microphones in his unwitting face.  What did he expect? And as others said, no way would I be packing his shit for him. I would be praying that he missed the airport shuttle due to his tantrum and had to pay his own way back.

• Love 15
On 2/6/2020 at 10:43 AM, Cammi said:

Did Brandon really say "Fuck you Taylor" when they were on the bus? Cuz wow, she should not continue to be anywhere in his vicinity after that. 

And Michael's Mickey Mouse voice is the most grating sound I've heard in years. Good gravy he makes my asshole pucker up in pain from listening to him. He's just unattractive all around to me. I guess he feels like he has to jump through hoops now for Meeka so he can try to save face on camera. Almost feel sorry for him. Almost. 

@Cammi: Standing slow clap to you!!  I cannot stand to listen to Michael's voice, and was wondering if anyone else noticed it as well?  Makes me wonder if I liked a person, and was attracted to them, but their voice was so off-putting, could I remain in a relationship with them?  Luckily, I love the sound of my husband's voice; it's almost therapeutic for me!

• Love 7

2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

All I remember is Taylor saying she wanted someone with swag or swagger because the people at the hospital lacked that.

Hope her co-workers aren't watching; could be awkward going back to work with all those poor, swagger-less people.

2 hours ago, MFGDorangepeelbf said:

I think Zack with be more attracted to someone who plays hard to get and is more passive than Mindy. Someone who is too dumb to recognize that Zack is talking out his ass. 

Zach's perfect woman will be lusty & doe eyed for him, will hang on his every word & put him on the pedestal he's already created for himself... but that woman will not look like Mindy.

That woman will be a bit dim & conventionally pretty - but she must not be prettier than him.

His family said he wants someone to challenge him intellectually, but I say that's BS. He must feel superior in every way, & this woman needs to make him look good.

Then he'll have to get over his commitment issues, as that may be somewhat of a problem...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

He thinks he's a 10 and there's no way he wants to be married to someone that he perceives to be less than that because, in his mind, people would wonder why he couldn't do better. How did the 'experts' not pick up on that?

What stood out to me immediately about Zach (in the audition interviews) is how he stressed that he had dated many, many, very beautiful women... as if that were a badge of honor as well as a testimonial to his superiority and greatness.  I didn't like him after hearing that.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Cammi said:

I just think the show is so old fashioned in this, and I've previously noted on here that they even seem to even match darker skin couples together and lighter tones WITHIN the same race... In the year 2020, it just boggles my mind. And again with the lack of same sex couples. is the Lifetime network run by the same folks that own Chick Fil-A? 

This explains it

https://mystylenews.com/tv-movies/married-at-first-sight-why-the-show-doesnt-match-same-sex-couples

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Brandon definitely has some issues, but I’m willing to believe it really is an anxiety disorder. In the book The Highly Sensitive Person, Elaine Aron talks about how men who are HSPs can have a hard time reconciling their default setting — HSPs are sensitive to external stimuli; it’s not about being emotional — to the cultural expectation of men being tough. This can manifest as aggression, since anxiety and overwhelm are derided as “feminine,” plus the frustration of feeling trapped between those factors probably does make some guys really mad if they don’t have good coping skills. Aron suggests that this is probably a huge, unrecognized issue in incarceration settings, too. Watching 60 Days In made me realize what a stimulus nightmare jail or prison would be. Anyway, I could believe that Brandon acts up because he’s overwhelmed and mad at himself for getting into this situation, and if he’s not on a good therapeutic regimen, alcohol is an understandable substitute for self-soothing. 

I know I’m alone here, but I don’t think there is a thing wrong with Mindy’s figure. Not everyone wants a fat ass. My husband would be grossed out if I purposely tried to bulk up my petite butt. Nobody is universally attractive. I don’t even think Zach is the most attractive guy this season. He’s short and derpy, and I’m wary of a guy who spends that much time on his physique. There lie the boring conversations and restrictive diets. All of these guys have their flaws, but I think the other four would all be easier to get to know or have some genuine, reciprocal fun with. 

I agree that Brandon most likely does suffer from an anxiety disorder, and/or is a HSP.

However, he is an adult who signed on the very un-dotted line about cameras, soooo...

The female producer who told him that if he goes to get a drink, they go with him.  If he gets in the elevator, they go with him.  She was trying to spell out, in her most professional manner, that this is what he signed up for.

I'm also with you on Mindy's figure.  That lean, tall figure is the perfect ice skating figure, and makes for the most beautiful display on ice.  I think she has perfect legs and a great figure.  What she lacks is confidence, sex appeal, and yes, swagger.  Put her in a fitted evening gown, get her hair & makeup done, and have her walk with her head high, and she'd gain a lot of attractiveness points.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Katie seems to think that she is in an accelerated maturity program simply because she is diabetic, which puzzles me. There is no rush to have a baby as a diabetic. Pregnancy might pose some unique challenges, but she isn't required to have a child sooner than others. 

I'm more than amused by the young 25 year olds who say "I am tired of the dating scene and can't find anyone I want to settle down with!"- this is the time they should be having fun, meeting lots of people and dating. Some people are more than ready and mature enough to marry in their early and mid 20s, but this isn't the 1890s where a woman over 20 was considered an aging spinster.

I am so tired of the little "I got married at first sight because..." phrases because we all know why people go on this show and want a mate and frankly, it's old. That and the phrases "complete stranger" and "legally married." Speaking of which, the "experts" frustrate me when they hear something pretty alarming such as Mindy's confession that Zach expressed disinterest and the general response is "tough it out; maybe he'll feel differently when you go back home," or some such.  They seem to have very little regard for how vulnerable these people must feel. I can't imagine someone displaying complete disinterest in me on camera, calling an "expert" and being shrugged off like Mindy was. I keep waiting for her to tell the cameras, "Zach is so full of shit and I can't believe all the word salad he is giving me!" and laughing.  I guess it would be more amusing if they weren't LEGALLY MARRIED.

Brandon's passive-aggressive hand to the camera act on the elevator told me all I need to know about him. As if the filming crew were pushy paparazzi shoving microphones in his unwitting face.  What did he expect? And as others said, no way would I be packing his shit for him. I would be praying that he missed the airport shuttle due to his tantrum and had to pay his own way back.

I do not want to get political on this board but there is a lot of negativity online about women and ageism, particularly coming from the Incels and MGTOW movements. They talk about how women waste their time in their prime years dating around (which of course they think is slutty) and end up alone and bitter  in their forties.

Personally. as a woman, I would rather be alone than with some jerk but I could really see how this type of talk could get in some women’s heads, particularly if they are young and impressionable.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Mindy doesn't need implants, she needs a hair do and put on 25 pounds she would fill out nicely.

I think what Mindy really needs is to stop worrying about Zach not being attractive to her and change her whole attitude.  Just be her best self and make the most out of the experience (you signed a contract) and show some independence and confidence.  Act like it is HIS loss and not hers.  Do what feels right to her and don't even worry about whether he approves.  But treat him with respect still. 

• Love 23
17 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

completely ridiculous that the 'expert' that Mindy called (Dr. Cole?) said that they don't match people based upon attractiveness because attraction can grow.

I find this such a cop out because IT. JUST. DOES. NOT. HAPPEN. Period. The only time it did was season 1 with Jamie O, and that woman was so desperate for a stable family and nice guy that she came around. Plus, Doug is just easy to like. Besides that couple, I cannot think of a single instance in the entire history of the show where if they weren't initially attracted, the attraction grew. Maybe Jackie and Basement Ryan, but I don't think she was entirely turned off on first sight.

But there is not one single case of the man coming around. Not one. Dr. Robot can take her stance and shove it. They totally screwed up on this one.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I agree that Brandon most likely does suffer from an anxiety disorder, and/or is a HSP.

However, he is an adult who signed on the very un-dotted line about cameras, soooo...

The female producer who told him that if he goes to get a drink, they go with him.  If he gets in the elevator, they go with him.  She was trying to spell out, in her most professional manner, that this is what he signed up for.

I'm also with you on Mindy's figure.  That lean, tall figure is the perfect ice skating figure, and makes for the most beautiful display on ice.  I think she has perfect legs and a great figure.  What she lacks is confidence, sex appeal, and yes, swagger.  Put her in a fitted evening gown, get her hair & makeup done, and have her walk with her head high, and she'd gain a lot of attractiveness points.

I think Mindy has amazing legs and as a life long fan of figure skating, I admire her lean physique. Zack might be a gym rat but to me Mindy has the build that is not unusual to great female athletes.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

In a situation like that, I think the best one can hope for is no more discussion about the relationship, doing touristy stuff and enjoying good food, and being civil to each other until the "experiment" is over.    

I agree! Why don't more of them just agree (off camera) to be friends and just use the show to explore their city? I know if I was in that situation, I would totally do that if the other person was nice but not my cup of tea. If they were willing to play along, I don't see why that wouldn't work. Instead it's all this hand wringing and angst and talking to experts about how to make it work when it's obvious it's over before it begins.....

• Love 5

I think the reason they put the couples together on a boat for a day, or a meal, is to highlight the lovey-dovey couples vs. the ones who are facing difficulties, which is a producer dream.  "But we're not holding hands like they are", which creates later-night camera-man scene perfection.

Re:  Zach's level of attractiveness.  Ugh.  In one scene, he was standing next to emerging dad-bod Austin, and I thought, I'll take Austin any day.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I agree! Why don't more of them just agree (off camera) to be friends and just use the show to explore their city? I know if I was in that situation, I would totally do that if the other person was nice but not my cup of tea. If they were willing to play along, I don't see why that wouldn't work. Instead it's all this hand wringing and angst and talking to experts about how to make it work when it's obvious it's over before it begins.....

I agree too, but how difficult it must be to work that arrangement with 'experts' up their asses making them do intimacy exercises.  The sex & intimacy show will be cringey with these two. If they make them do any touching it will end up being a bunch of fist bumps.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

She explained this. Diabetes doesn't necessarily make it more difficult for her to conceive but since it can have some complications, she would prefer to have children earlier rather than later to minimize the impact of those risks. Last night she said she was thinking of two years, which would put her at 27 when she gets pregnant; 27/28 when she has her first kid. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm more than amused by the young 25 year olds who say "I am tired of the dating scene and can't find anyone I want to settle down with!"- this is the time they should be having fun, meeting lots of people and dating. Some people are more than ready and mature enough to marry in their early and mid 20s, but this isn't the 1890s where a woman over 20 was considered an aging spinster.

Eh. I agree that the whole spinsterhood thing is over (thank God) but everyone has a different timeline. I was more than exhausted by the dating scene by the time I was 25. I love my husband but I'd have been thrilled to have met him earlier and had more time with him.

That makes it sound like he's dead. He's alive and well and at work.

I'm not suggesting implants, but in addition to gaining some weight, she could try some squats.

Or she could be happy with herself the way she is...

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
On 2/5/2020 at 9:17 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Sure, Zach. You "just forget to put on jewelry." 

As they swing the camera around to his arm and he has about 5 bracelets, leather straps and a watch on.

Edited by KeeperOfTheIce
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I find this such a cop out because IT. JUST. DOES. NOT. HAPPEN. Period. The only time it did was season 1 with Jamie O, and that woman was so desperate for a stable family and nice guy that she came around. Plus, Doug is just easy to like. Besides that couple, I cannot think of a single instance in the entire history of the show where if they weren't initially attracted, the attraction grew. Maybe Jackie and Basement Ryan, but I don't think she was entirely turned off on first sight.

But there is not one single case of the man coming around. Not one. Dr. Robot can take her stance and shove it. They totally screwed up on this one.

Normally I'd agree that with men on this show, if the attraction isn't initially there, then the relationship is DOA. But what about the Jepthe dude and Shawneice? He treated her abhorrently imo, but aren't they still together? 

• Love 4
Just now, Cammi said:

Normally I'd agree that with men on this show, if the attraction isn't initially there, then the relationship is DOA. But what about the Jepthe dude and Shawneice? He treated her abhorrently imo, but aren't they still together? 

Jephte (who cheated on her while she was pregnant) said he wants to have all his kids with the same woman. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on once she closes his baby making shop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I know I’m alone here, but I don’t think there is a thing wrong with Mindy’s figure. Not everyone wants a fat ass. My husband would be grossed out if I purposely tried to bulk up my petite butt.

I agree that not everyone wants a fat ass and, in fact, I'll be glad when the butt implants *coughKardashianscough* are a thing of the past and women are even dying when they've gone wrong. 

That said, having a petite, firm butt is fine and, in fact, some women would kill for that but Mindy has none of that.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Ginger said:

Apologies if someone posted something similar before (trying to read through all of the comments!), but the thing this show does wrong, or should I say the MAIN thing, is that they discount chemistry. Two really attractive people can look great on paper but have no chemistry in real life. I'm sure we all know a couple of people that we think "don't go together" but still find each other attractive and have a great relationship.  And thank God for that! There is just no way an "expert" can determine this before two people meet. Zach is just not attracted to Mindy - through no fault of her own - and you can't force that. I understand the concept of "growing to love someone" but in our current culture I think a relationship like that working is extremely rare.

I don't disagree with anything you have said.  However - that goes against the premise of the show, which is that a lasting and loving marriage is built on more than chemistry, yet people don't find that when they break up quickly over any little thing.  So maybe their whole theory is BS and the "experiment" is a failure.  But the people who come on the show should understand what the "experiment" is about and be willing to try.

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Zach's perfect woman will be lusty & doe eyed for him, will hang on his every word & put him on the pedestal he's already created for himself... but that woman will not look like Mindy.

That woman will be a bit dim & conventionally pretty - but she must not be prettier than him.

His family said he wants someone to challenge him intellectually, but I say that's BS. He must feel superior in every way, & this woman needs to make him look good.

Calling Kate from last season!  😄 

26 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Eh. I agree that the whole spinsterhood thing is over (thank God) but everyone has a different timeline. I was more than exhausted by the dating scene by the time I was 25. I love my husband but I'd have been thrilled to have met him earlier and had more time with him.

Last summer as I was breast-stroking my way back and forth across the pool during adult swim, I kept passing two college aged girls and overhearing snippets from their conversation, and the one said to the other, "It would be so nice to just hang out and talk and get to know someone - I'm so sick of the hookup culture."  It made me feel sad for them.  If that's what it's like it's no wonder that 25 year olds are "tired of dating."

• Love 10
17 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm just wondering if all this "early drama" is producer created and then there is a change to they all fall in love.

I know it is weird, but are we really in for seven more weeks of this drama? If it is all a bust up now, what more do we need to see?

The single track train wrecks...catch up on your Netflix list  and come back in mid March...we'll be here....

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Palomar said:

I think what Mindy really needs is to stop worrying about Zach not being attractive to her and change her whole attitude.  Just be her best self and make the most out of the experience (you signed a contract) and show some independence and confidence.  Act like it is HIS loss and not hers.  Do what feels right to her and don't even worry about whether he approves.  But treat him with respect still. 

This! It really IS his loss.  Zach really isn't all that and Mindy is giving him her power by acting as if he's so wonderful. I'd love to see see a strong, self assured Mindy tell him off.  She deserves better and it's just painful to watch her grasp at any crumb Zach throws her way. 

Party of one here who thinks Katie is absolutely adorable.  

I'm someone who notices voices and I"m afraid I could not listen to Michael talk for long... it's like nails on a chalkboard for me. Brandon has such a nice deep voice... except when he's telling his new wife to f*ck off.  Dude has major issues and should not be on this show. 

Love Jessica and Austin.  Their relationship seems the most real to me.  I have hopes for them.

Regarding the wedding ring topic... my hub is an electrical contractor. I knew he'd never wear a wedding ring for safety reasons and accepted that.  Then, about a year after our wedding, he surprised me and came home one day with a wedding ring tattoo. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Party of one here who thinks Katie is absolutely adorable.  

Party of two.

I am also someone who thinks Mindy is pretty and I would kill for that body. Clothes look awesome on women built like that. I could wear whatever I want. (And I am not saying clothes look bad on any other body style, but tall, thin and willowy is definitely easier to dress).

• Love 10
19 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yup, and judging from the previews she blows it by telling the expert in front of Derek she still has feelings for her ex. 

I see Derek and Austin really trying to make a connection with their wives and they are bending over backwards to make them happy. I see Katie and Austins wife doing  nothing in return. Katie tells Derek she needs her space and Austins wife (sorry keep forgetting her name) has a bossy edge to her personality. Close the door. No, close it all the way! That curl in your hair is bugging me, it doesn't belong there. But.....then she comes out with this gem: "I'm not trying to change you" Red flag.  

I’m older and married a long time.  Probably old school too.  I saw my Mother cater to my Father, and I do the same.  I don’t mind, and he in turn does anything I ask.  No instructions, not bossy from either of us.  Maybe it works because we were brought up seeing the same.  Today, lots of girls expect too much.  It’s a two way street.

• Love 7