Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: In Seasickness and in Health

• Start Topic

Did Brandon really say "Fuck you Taylor" when they were on the bus? Cuz wow, she should not continue to be anywhere in his vicinity after that. 

And Michael's Mickey Mouse voice is the most grating sound I've heard in years. Good gravy he makes my asshole pucker up in pain from listening to him. He's just unattractive all around to me. I guess he feels like he has to jump through hoops now for Meeka so he can try to save face on camera. Almost feel sorry for him. Almost. 

Edited by Cammi
cussing like a sailor
  • LOL 11
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

No to a canine in my life ever. Just me talking though. This world where everyone on the planet seems to need a pet is something I will never understand. But, in the bed. Hell no.

I know some couples that sleep with their young kids and multiple pets in the bed. That's just insane to me whether I liked pets or not.

I don't have the dog gene either. A dog in bed makes me cringe.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Did Brandon really say "Fuck you Taylor" when they were on the bus? Cuz wow, she should not continue to be anywhere in his vicinity after that. 

And Michael's Mickey Mouse voice is the most grating sound I've heard in years. Good gravy he makes my asshole pucker up in pain from listening to him. He's just unattractive all around to me. I guess he feels like he has to jump through hoops now for Meeka so he can try to save face on camera. Almost feel sorry for him. Almost. 

I'm sure that's what he said.   I think I said before that I believe Brandon has a lot of unresolved anger, probably stemming from his brother's murder, he was a child when it happened.  I wonder if he received therapy, because that shit is traumatic.  I think Brandon's mother and grandmother babied him, they didn't want him to meet the same fate as his brother, and unfortunately raised a man-child.  Brandon acts like a four year old having a tantrum.

Meka is a mess.  She's too young to be married, she's too young to even live on her own.  WTF with those rules Meka?  Makes me wonder what Michael really said and what Meka heard.  Sometimes you hear things based on your history.  If you've been screwed over in relationships, you expect to be screwed over.  If you've been around abusers, you look for signs of an abuser.  

Zach and Mindy are like that.  Zach is in his head, "I'm not attracted to her" keeps rolling around in his head like a mantra, and then his word salad makes him look insane, and then when he communicates that to Mindy, that makes "He's not attracted to me" keep rolling around in her head.  They're in a beautiful place, enjoy it.  If Zach is one of those guys who has to be instantly attracted to someone, then that's probably why he hasn't been able to find love.  If you don't give a person a chance, you might miss out.  

I actually see Brandon's side to the social media thing. I find Instagram and all that to be the dumbest shit ever. But, if you are into it you are into it. I just wouldn't want it to be a constant thing and that's a genuine fear. Like you can't have a moment without feeling the need to share it.

As soon as Taylor mentioned Instagram, my opinion of her sank.

giphy.gif

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 10
  • Love 11
On 2/5/2020 at 11:07 PM, Leilani said:

Haven't we all had men/boys who were interested in us and we weren't in them. And we had to tell them- look I'm not attracted to you, let's just be friends- yet they keep thinking there's a chance and just don't get it. That's Mindy with Zach. Why does she think he owes her any more explanation or why he's obligated to be attracted to her. Everyone has a type and she clearly isn't his. He definitely does not care for her pheromones given the numerous times he's asked if she's showered. 

Of course he's not into her. And I'm sure she knows it and she'd have peaced out days ago if this wasn't MAFS. But to be fair (and to your point), while some of us may have been in the position you described, I don't think many (if any) of us has been in that position for an arranged, "you're getting married to a stranger" marriage. And then, in addition to that, we haven't had so-called experts telling us to ignore these blunt interaction/red flags and "trust the process," and that we were "matched with this person for a reason" and we need to be patient and work at this marriage to find it, or whatever other BS Mindy's being fed by producers and the experts. Producers and experts are trying their hardest to keep all of these people on this show and allegedly trying to make their sham marriages work. I'm giving Mindy the benefit of the doubt on this for now. That may change later. 

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 22
13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sure, Zach. You "just forget to put on jewelry." 

I thought it was weird that she was calling him out about his lack of ring, and her ring was off, too. Did she take it off in response to his lack of ring, or did she forget to put hers back on?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Appreciate the way the couples clowned on Zach disappearing around the back of the catamaran to coif his hair with a comb and hair product he must have had hidden in his board shorts...his vanity knows  no bounds...

Zach needs to stop telling Mindy she's smart, she's pretty because that is the prelude to him telling her for the umpteenth time his lack of attraction to her....

• Love 12

Can’t believe I forgot Brandon used females to reference women on social media. He is forever cancelled for that. 

Michael isn’t my cup of tea but he seemed to be really trying to open up to Meka this week. I could appreciate that. She just has so many rules. I don’t see any guy meeting all her standards. 

Mindy should just let it go. Zach told her not to use the words husband, wife and honeymoon? Sucks when someone isn’t into you but why waste time trying to change them? I’d show up to film and go back to my regular life. 

So only two couples are wearing their rings? 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm so the two don't relate.

My point in putting the two together is she acted secure in front of others (although put off) but is definitely concerned about what she can do to attract Zach.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Can’t believe I forgot Brandon used females to reference women on social media. He is forever cancelled for that. 

Michael isn’t my cup of tea but he seemed to be really trying to open up to Meka this week. I could appreciate that. She just has so many rules. I don’t see any guy meeting all her standards. 

Mindy should just let it go. Zach told her not to use the words husband, wife and honeymoon? Sucks when someone isn’t into you but why waste time trying to change them? I’d show up to film and go back to my regular life. 

So only two couples are wearing their rings? 

I will never understand how the term Female seems to have morphed into another word for bitch in some minds. 

I have noticed that many down low/bisexual dudes seems to use that term.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'd have to dump Zach's cute...face simply because I couldn't stand one more day of his prattle, his blather, and his twaddle!

So 3/5 of the husbands have removed their rings in defiance of something or someone. Well, bless their hearts. 

Wedding rings, schmedding rings for guys mean nothing.  My husband’s been in the drawer since day 2 as he doesn’t like jewelry and I don’t care.  They do not deter a woman, and lots of married men who wear them fool around or have mistresses.  I myself love my ring and wear it everyday.

• Love 10
Just now, gonecrackers said:

My point in putting the two together is she acted secure in front of others (although put off) but is definitely concerned about what she can do to attract Zach.

Sure, but we all do that. At some point in our lives anyway. She was also being sarcastic in the face of what felt like another rejection. I get it whether she felt secure or not.

I just wish the issue would stop getting brought up. The talking about the same subject will progress nothing either way.

• Love 6
Just now, Racj82 said:

Sure, but we all do that. At some point in our lives anyway. She was also being sarcastic in the face of what felt like another rejection. I get it whether she felt secure or not.

I just wish the issue would stop getting brought up. The talking about the same subject will progress nothing either way.

I didn't think she was actually going to get breast implants. The quotes were a bit of sarcastic irony (although it got lost somehow).

Yes she needs to drop it; it's going to be tiring this season.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Wedding rings, schmedding rings for guys mean nothing.  My husband’s been in the drawer since day 2 as he doesn’t like jewelry and I don’t care.  They do not deter a woman, and lots of married men who wear them fool around or have mistresses.  I myself love my ring and wear it everyday.

Now this is a thing men do to?

I've never heard of guys not wanting to wear wedding rings in my life. Unless they are cheating which goes without saying.

Maybe some people just don't like wearing jewelry or worry about losing or work at jobs where they could easily lose it. These are things I've heard men and women voice as reasons against rings. 

It's also tradition. People seem to love bucking tradition these days. Moreso younger people.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I will never understand how the term Female seems to have morphed into another word for bitch in some minds. 

I haven’t noticed that about bisexual men but I know a lot of men that do use it in a derogatory way. “Females always think/Females never” etc. 

8 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

These men are taking off their rings to punish themselves (Michael) or during a tantrum (Brandon) or lying about not liking jewelry (Zach).  It’s not the same as a man just preferring not to wear it. 

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I've never heard of guys not wanting to wear wedding rings in my life. Unless they are cheating which goes without saying.

Maybe some people just don't like wearing jewelry or worry about losing or work at jobs where they could easily lose it. These are things I've heard men and women voice as reasons against rings. 

It's also tradition. People seem to love bucking tradition these days. Moreso younger people.

Married almost 37 years. Hubby never wears his wedding ring b/c of job hazards.  Even at home he's in our garage constantly working with tools, welding, etc. He could easily snag his ring on something and injure himself badly. It's no big deal to me. If we go out sometimes he remembers to put it on but more often not. On the rare occasion he dons suit and tie,  he normally wears his ring.

But in Michael's case there really isn't any reason for him not to wear it.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Someone noted that the bus blowup happened on the day when they were on their way to the catamaran. They said everyone had their swimsuits on. I didn't go back and check but if this is true, ...

Just verified...it seems the FU's were thrown when they were on the bus headed to the caravan, and in fact Tayor is sitting there alone +  other couples at the beginning.   Or at least the footage shows the bus and people headed to the Catamaran.

So...was their a second blowup or runaway...where Taylor has to pack Brandon's stuff before heading to the airport?

There definitely seems to have been some creative editing.  At the end, Taylor is narrating saying Brandon (after she packs) is at the bus having a full down meltdown.  But that clearly is a scene of him getting on the bus for the Catamaran trip.  I have no idea where the audio come from where Brandon says "I'll calm down when I'm in Washington".  Was that from later..and they just superimposed it on the catamaran bus?  One theory is they did not get his airport bus tantrum on film so just edited bits together.

• Useful 13
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Just verified...it seems the FU's were thrown when they were on the bus headed to the caravan, and in fact Tayor is sitting there alone +  other couples at the beginning.   Or at least the footage shows the bus and people headed to the Catamaran.

So...was their a second blowup or runaway...where Taylor has to pack Brandon's stuff before heading to the airport?

There definitely seems to have been some creative editing.  At the end, Taylor is narrating saying Brandon (after she packs) is at the bus having a full down meltdown.  But that clearly is a scene of him getting on the bus for the Catamaran trip.  I have no idea where the audio come from where Brandon says "I'll calm down when I'm in Washington".  Was that from later..and they just superimposed it on the catamaran bus?  One theory is they did not get his airport bus tantrum on film so just edited bits together.

So when did the kid conversation take place? Because Taylor and Brandon were sitting next to each other during that conversation, though I noticed he was quite when she was talking about how many kids they wanted. Did he have a tantrum, tell everybody to fuck off and then they calmed him down? Or did he tell everybody to fuck off on the way to the airport? LOL. Brandon is a mess. The editing is a huge mess and we're starting to see the man behind the curtain more and more with every season.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I agree with others that Meka is too young. She still seems to be into that phase where you have a checklist a mile long that if someone doesn't meet all the criteria they are out. That's not how real relationships work.

I agree, Meka has a lot to learn

42 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I get that you can’t help who you’re attracted to . But then don’t sign up for a show where you don’t know who will be at the other end of the isle when you walk down . Find someone you’re attracted to and date them the old fashioned way .

I think the problem with Zach is that he's done it the old fashioned way and it hasn't worked.  He's probably passed on some great women because he wasn't attracted in the first fifteen minutes.

I've never knew the term "female" was used by a) bisxexual or down low men or b) in a derogatory fashion.  Male/Female, what's the issue?

I also think it's offensive when people say "down low" and refer it to black men.  When I first heard of that in the early 90's, they weren't talking about black men at all, so people need to stop that shit.

And did Brandon say "fuck you" to Taylor?  I'm not so sure.  It sounded to me like the "fuck you" was filmed at a different time.  I don't think production caught the tantrum on film.  I think Taylor is young, she wants the marriage to work, she doesn't feel that just because someone has issues he should be kicked to the curb.  I can see her point, my friend's boyfriend told her a whopping lie.  I would have kicked him to the curb, she didn't and they eventually married and were married for over 10 years before she passed away.

So you can never truly know about another person, shit's a crapshoot, there are no sure things.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

The kid conversation was on the Catamaran bus, and he was fairly calm then.  He was also calm and cordial getting on the catamaran.

4 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

The editing is a huge mess and we're starting to see the man behind the curtain more and more with every season.

I think his blowup was mostly on audio, perhaps on the way to the airport, and they overlayed it on some small snippets of video of the Catamaran bus.  They showed things like an alleged "reaction" shot of Jessica over his audio, but it looks more like she is just bored and was just a random few frames from the camera.

• Useful 4
14 hours ago, ShowFan said:

And that’s offensive to baby seals who are cute. She was filmed at a terribly bad angle and I have to agree with you (except for the baby seal part). We were just talking that she looked pretty bad during that dinner and until then I thought she was cute. I’ll give her more of a chance to render final judgement....we all have a bad angle 

Yet skillfully remembered to put on his man-bracelet!

She looks more like Touche Turtle (older cartoon show)

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, Liberty said:

At Katie & Derrick's final Panamanian dinner, did anyone think Katie was not interested in Derrick's conversations anymore?

In the beginning she was all moon eyed and smiling and quick to exclaim his virtues.  Now, after 6 long days, things are changing for her. 

Get out and do some fun activities to get to know each other, not the other couples. Gosh, they aren't in prison.

They all going to get bored with each other just sitting around and saying they are in love. Not everyone is Dallas Bobby!!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I want to take a second to defend the Instagram thing with Taylor. She may be stuck up and fake and all the things some of you see, but I think being on Instagram and enjoying the attention she receives is relatively harmless. As far as we've seen, she's not constantly posting or live streaming, she's not chatting with people and ignoring Brandon. She just thinks it's fun. My husband used to make fun of me for using it and I finally explained to him that when I post, it's really more for me than anyone else. These days, I don't keep photo albums or even hang up many pictures. If I'm in a bad mood or having a shitty day, I can skim through my posts and think about the fun, silly times I've had recently and it snaps me back into reality and positivity. I don't have any idea why Taylor likes it, but as far as vices go, I don't think it's so bad. 

No matter how shallow or vapid Taylor may be, I don't think she deserved the way Brandon treated her. He signed up to be on a tv show, same as she did. He can't judge her for that, and he can't behave as tho he had no idea what was expected of him. That's really unfair and it's gross to watch. The camera was in his face through the whole casting process. If it was triggering him and his panic attacks, he should have spoken up then.

• Love 24

I see no issue with Taylor and the gram. She is young and hot and if she wants to flaunt it it's her proragotive. She would have no trouble finding a guy more her style. Brandon came across as a wet noodle when he was judging her. He can be private. Hell, so am I but I'm not gonna judge anyone else for harmless fun. I don't think Brandon likes that Taylor has more going for herself than him. He's pissed about it and is being vicious about it.

Edited by ElectricCityy
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, ElectricCityy said:

It's one thing to be pissed at production, but yelling "F*ck you" to your new wife? Brandon is a raging lunatic using panic attacks as an excuse for his behavior. Taylor should be demanding a divorce right now like that flight attendant a few seasons ago.

Boy, you said it. I completely agree. If I was her, I would get on that plane, take my bags and go back to my apartment. I would tell the camera crew come on along, but I ain't living with or speaking to that asshole. I'll see him at decision day. And the same goes for Mindy.

Meka and Michael seem ok at this point, but it's obvious that there is nothing there. He is weird, and she is so uptight I'm sure if we looked close enough we could see the giant stick lodged up her ass. Completely humorless. God, this season sucks. Stick a fork in it.

One last thing: I would like to say word in support of Katie. I don't think she is unattractive. She has a girl next door quality I can see. She has a great body, and pretty hair and eyes. I do not like the granny panty bathing suits she favors though. I bought one last year, and ugh. It was a hard no for me. Granny panty indeed......

I'm just here for Jessica and Austin, the only two I see making it past decision day.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And did Brandon say "fuck you" to Taylor?  I'm not so sure.  It sounded to me like the "fuck you" was filmed at a different time.  I don't think production caught the tantrum on film. 

I had the closed captioning on. She said she was trying to help and he said, “You weren’t helping shit.” And then, “Fuck you, Taylor.” Few seconds later, “Fuck all y’all.”

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I agree, Meka has a lot to learn

I think the problem with Zach is that he's done it the old fashioned way and it hasn't worked.  He's probably passed on some great women because he wasn't attracted in the first fifteen minutes.

I've never knew the term "female" was used by a) bisxexual or down low men or b) in a derogatory fashion.  Male/Female, what's the issue?

I also think it's offensive when people say "down low" and refer it to black men.  When I first heard of that in the early 90's, they weren't talking about black men at all, so people need to stop that shit.

And did Brandon say "fuck you" to Taylor?  I'm not so sure.  It sounded to me like the "fuck you" was filmed at a different time.  I don't think production caught the tantrum on film.  I think Taylor is young, she wants the marriage to work, she doesn't feel that just because someone has issues he should be kicked to the curb.  I can see her point, my friend's boyfriend told her a whopping lie.  I would have kicked him to the curb, she didn't and they eventually married and were married for over 10 years before she passed away.

So you can never truly know about another person, shit's a crapshoot, there are no sure things.

I didn't say Brandon was on the low and wasn't talking about black men in general.

I have noticed it being said by some men on TV. Very rarely is it straight men. Just talking about what I see. Not making grand statements.

The first time ever even noticed a guy using the term Female it was Marlon from the real world who is proudly bisexual. These sensitive ass females is what he actually said.

In general, I think it's a term that COULD be use as a way to demean women but it's something I don't know why it's offensive in itself.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Yes she (Mindy) needs to drop it; it's going to be tiring this season.

It seems like the producers make them have these check-in conversations at meal times. They always start out saying, “how did you sleep or what did you like about today or how are you feeling about us?” Zach always uses those times to say, “Still not attracted to you. Thanks for asking.” This time he was actually patting himself on the back saying, “I want you to acknowledge how hard it is for me to say that to you.” He never focuses on how hard it must be for her to receive what he’s saying and he continually asks her to help him.

This is my main question about Zach: why does he keep asking Mindy to help him instead of calling his favorite expert for advice? (Roll eyes) Even Mindy ended up calling Dr. Viv to ask for advice. The produces should push Zach to be more proactive and stop letting him pass the buck onto Mindy. I think Zach wants Mindy to walk so it won’t look like he’s the quitter. He’s the worst.

I think Brandon is an alcoholic or drug addict. He keeps saying he’s having panic attacks where he starts shaking. But I’m thinking, no, that’s just your body going through detox Brandon.

He doesn’t want the cameras following him to the bar when he starts drinking early in the morning. So he doesn’t go to the bar. But without the alcohol he’s mean and anxious. I hope Dr. Cal is also familiar with the 12 steps of AA because Brandon needs a sponsor more than he needs a wife.

• Useful 13
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

In general, I think it's a term that COULD be use as a way to demean women but it's something I don't know why it's offensive in itself.

It has long set my teeth on edge, but I also couldn't put my finger on why, until I read that its use can be interpreted as bringing a woman (a term used in most languages used to denote a female of the human species) down to the level of a lower animal.  FWIW, for me it goes both ways--I don't like to hear a woman calling a man a "male," either.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I had the closed captioning on. She said she was trying to help and he said, “You weren’t helping shit.” And then, “Fuck you, Taylor.” Few seconds later, “Fuck all y’all.”

What a miserable man. I'm actually starting to think he hates himself more so than anything Taylor has done.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

It has long set my teeth on edge, but I also couldn't put my finger on why, until I read that its use can be interpreted as bringing a woman (a term used in most languages used to denote a female of the human species) down to the level of a lower animal.  FWIW, for me it goes both ways--I don't like to hear a woman calling a man a "male," either.

Understood. I get it.

I kind of take Zach saying can you help me as in can you just let me figure this out. Like don't pressure me. Work with me. But, at the end of the day he needs to figure his own crap out. There isn't much she can do. 

They just need to focus on getting to know each other. Getting more comfortable with one another. See what happens. The immediate attraction just isn't there. Time to move on from that.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Rina99 said:

Chinless baby seal! And pictures, too! 😅😅 I was trying so hard not to be mean, but, damn.

I tried, but had a shit day & some wine & that description of her gave me a legit LOL, so I went there...

And there was that whole mole conversation not too long ago, which I passed on, but now I guess I also get a seat at the shallow table. 🙋‍♀️

I like that they're choosing regular people TBH, but Katie & Derek seem mismatched to me, & not just in looks. I find Katie's personality kind of irritating so that doesn't help.

25 minutes ago, lids said:

This is my main question about Zach: why does he keep asking Mindy to help him instead of calling his favorite expert for advice? (Roll eyes) Even Mindy ended up calling Dr. Viv to ask for advice. The produces should push Zach to be more proactive and stop letting him pass the buck onto Mindy. I think Zach wants Mindy to walk so it won’t look like he’s the quitter. He’s the worst.

He's probably trying to save face somehow, or he sees it as such- help me to be attracted to you, Mindy. He uses lots of words without ever really owning it, at least not to the camera, or to the 'experts', yet.

• Love 7

Mindy and Zach

It is sad to see Mindy in such a state...she looks seriously depressed and her complexion is breaking out a bit. If possible I suspect she lost another 2 pounds on her 'honey moon' but she is so dreadfully thin. There is nothing to fight for or work for here...the best she can hope for is a friendship but why should she? I don't want to heap on Zach too much...we say to everyone just be honest with me...and he is being honest. If he pretended to be involved but all along wasn't attracted then we'd say he is a liar and gaslighted her which is just as despicable. I suggest Mindy go home and forget Zach. Fist pumping and being friends isn't going to help. Mindy that wasn't your honeymoon it was an imposter. You will find some man who is in awe of you who will take you on a real honeymoon! Lets just call this a hopeless mismatch. I have no idea why Zach did this in the first place. 

Katie and Derek seem to be getting along nice...mutual attraction.

Taylor and Brandon

Taylor you agreed to this man up and stop being a wuss. You know there is no free lunch you get a wedding and a wife and in turn you agree to be taped. I know there is only so much you can do to vet people and I'm sure during their interviews they are a pleasant as can be but you don't want this to be known as the psycho show.

Jessica and Austin

Jessica is a sweetheart...I think I have a little crush on her. She has a very nice smile a warm personality. They do seem perfectly matched. I'd sure hate that tag on Austin I wouldn't want to be known as Mamma's boy. I think what ever happens in the future they have a bond that will help them work through it.

Meka and Mike

They are trying and seem to have made some inroads...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I’ve known married men who don’t wear rings. In some cases it’s a hazard in a physical job* & in others they just don’t like jewelry. 

*I knew a man who didn’t have a physical job but actually lost his wedding ring finger due to an accident involving his ring. After that he wore it on his right hand.

11 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I find Katie's personality kind of irritating so that doesn't help.

She gets on my nerves too.

• Love 9

I figured when Zach replied, "I didn't hear you" to Mindy's assertion that she had showered, he meant, "I didn't hear the shower water running." IOW, doubting her word. 

I think the night (wedding night? I forget.) when Mindy was "too tired" to shower regardless of Zach's strong hints, that tore it for him. Or solidified his first-sight reaction.

But who knows? Maybe Zach is depriving himself of some Cleopatra-level skillz, heh. 😈😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I'd sure hate that tag on Austin I wouldn't want to be known as Mamma's boy.

I hate that they are being tagged. The producers made them up.

If these are to be serious marriages, it needs to stop.

No one deserves it.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm sure that's what he said.   I think I said before that I believe Brandon has a lot of unresolved anger, probably stemming from his brother's murder, he was a child when it happened.  I wonder if he received therapy, because that shit is traumatic.  I think Brandon's mother and grandmother babied him, they didn't want him to meet the same fate as his brother, and unfortunately raised a man-child.  Brandon acts like a four year old having a tantrum.

Meka is a mess.  She's too young to be married, she's too young to even live on her own.  WTF with those rules Meka?  Makes me wonder what Michael really said and what Meka heard.  Sometimes you hear things based on your history.  If you've been screwed over in relationships, you expect to be screwed over.  If you've been around abusers, you look for signs of an abuser.  

Zach and Mindy are like that.  Zach is in his head, "I'm not attracted to her" keeps rolling around in his head like a mantra, and then his word salad makes him look insane, and then when he communicates that to Mindy, that makes "He's not attracted to me" keep rolling around in her head.  They're in a beautiful place, enjoy it.  If Zach is one of those guys who has to be instantly attracted to someone, then that's probably why he hasn't been able to find love.  If you don't give a person a chance, you might miss out.  

As soon as Taylor mentioned Instagram, my opinion of her sank.

giphy.gif

I think Taylor came on the show to be discovered for either t.v., movies or modeling.  Or a very wealthy guy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Zach tried to sell to Mindy that his idea of building attraction for someone means he misses them when they aren’t around....so since they were forced to spend every moment together on their honeymoon, Zach hasn’t had a chance to be away from her to see if he misses her hence no attraction to her...

Convoluted bullshit jibber jabber...

Like the faux-Country song: "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?"

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

It’s also the tone and the subject matter. I guess it’s usage could be innocent in some cases but I’ve often heard it used to generalize. Just like all men are dogs or all women are sluts. With female it’s, females always think *insert generalization* 

Brandon wasn’t making a positive comment about females on Instagram. He was generalizing and lumping Taylor in with the shallow crowd. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm so the two don't relate.

I agree with others that Meka is too young. She still seems to be into that phase where you have a checklist a mile long that if someone doesn't meet all the criteria they are out. That's not how real relationships work.

If I were a guy, I wouldn’t want Meka either.  She’s a sourpuss, talks too much about what she wants, how, where, etc.  She doesn’t seem to know how to have a good time and stop complaining.  Michael would not put up with this for the rest of his life.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

If I were a guy, I wouldn’t want Meka either.  She’s a sourpuss, talks too much about what she wants, how, where, etc.  She doesn’t seem to know how to have a good time and stop complaining.  Michael would not put up with this for the rest of his life.

Meka is way too young for this.  She's at the age where you have about 28229910101010 deal breakers.  She hasn't learned that life isn't like that and that humans are messy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

It has?? I use "female" when I want to mean all ages. Nobody is going to co-opt this perfectly legitimate word and usage for me, least of all....males.

4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I did qualify my meaning, re: in defiance.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Mmmmm....pineapple.......

That is my dream--room service bringing me cut up fruit, paid for by someone else.

15 hours ago, ramble said:

Oh my gosh! Mindy he’s just not that into you. You’re older than he is and I think you look it.

Wow.  I'm older than Mr. Outlier, and I look it. 

Then again, he thinks Mindy is perfectly acceptable looking.  Lucky for me, apparently.

7 hours ago, endure said:

Maybe he wanted a wooden ring to go with his wood beads and wood watch. 

I noticed two different watches he had.  One in particular is annoying because it has a huge face that makes it easy to see what time it was when he made various statements that were edited into one short conversation.  More than 30 minutes elapsed when they were talking at the table.

But yeah, a man with at least two different wristwatches doesn't have much room to claim he's not into jewelry.

2 hours ago, ElectricCityy said:

I see no issue with Taylor and the gram. She is young and hot and if she wants to flaunt it it's her proragotive. She would have no trouble finding a guy more her style. Brandon came across as a wet noodle when he was judging her. He can be private. Hell, so am I but I'm not gonna judge anyone else for harmless fun.

A major problem I have with Instagram and Facebook and all the rest is that there is a lot of evidence that they are not harmless fun at all--they are agents of manipulation and they make a lot of people (especially young people) miserable. 

I can't imagine I'd tolerate someone who's constantly posting photos for consumption by strangers. 

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The first time ever even noticed a guy using the term Female it was Marlon from the real world who is proudly bisexual. These sensitive ass females is what he actually said.

For some reason, I was once talking to a friend about the pronunciation of "aunt"--I said I noticed that people from San Francisco rhyme it with "flaunt," because I knew a guy from San Francisco who did that.  She said that's interesting because where she's from in East Texas, black people pronounce it that way, too.  I said, "Oh.  The guy from Francisco is black."

As for "female" vs. "woman," I had no idea there was any issue at all, but I can see choosing "female" just based on how it literally sounds--"These sensitive ass females" has a much different sound than "These sensitive ass women."  I think the F works better, sonically, than the W.

ETA:

Meka is way too young for this.  She's at the age where you have about 28229910101010 deal breakers.  She hasn't learned that life isn't like that and that humans are messy.

Funny--the older I get, the more deal breakers I have. 

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9

The more I see Austin, the cuter he looks; the more I see Jessica, the older she looks.  Even though I don't see any sparks between them, I do think they make a good couple.  Maybe they don't want to be too romantic on tv and I can't blame them for that. 

• Love 11