Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: In Seasickness and in Health

• Start Topic

Wasn't it Taylor who told Brandon quite emphatically on their wedding day that the one thing she would not tolerate is being disrespected? She sure folded like origami on that one.

If I'm misremembering and it was Meka who said it, the same thing applies.

The experts can match objectively "good looking" people all day long, but nobody can predict chemistry. Every season, attractive people of both sexes have been left by the wayside.

As far as genuine matchmaking goes, the show's biggest flaw is aggressively recruiting and then selecting men who aren't really interested in being married. Or if they are, it's only on their own terms.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Liberty said:

She forgot to mention 'must wear a bathrobe to bed' until bed time.

A bathrobe.  No wonder Michael went and got a room.  He expected a night of bliss and got a big sloppy bathrobe in return.  I believe in love at first sight, but do not believe in marriage at first sight.  I got married after two years of dating and still learned new things after marriage.  Not bad things, but different things.

• Love 4

The bathrobe thing - wasn't that after he said he was "clothing optional" for bed? Maybe she didn't want him walking around nekked before bed.  Or maybe Meka just wants him clothed in something for bed (not necessarily a robe). It's not like they're doing anything besides sleeping at this point, so that would make sense.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Zach should just marry himself and gtfo 

Yes.  He should also buy some t shirts.  I hate men walking around shirtless because they are built.  What really turns me on is a man in a good suit, shirt and tie with a nice watch and nice cologne.  Like a doctor or lawyer or when a husband goes to a wedding and gets decked out.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Sterling said:

However, he is an adult who signed on the very un-dotted line about cameras, soooo...

The female producer who told him that if he goes to get a drink, they go with him.  If he gets in the elevator, they go with him.  She was trying to spell out, in her most professional manner, that this is what he signed up for.

Yes, I should’ve been more clear that he handled it terribly! I think I can see what was going on with his mind, but it definitely doesn’t excuse him being so rude to everyone else. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 2727 said:

Wasn't it Taylor who told Brandon quite emphatically on their wedding day that the one thing she would not tolerate is being disrespected? She sure folded like origami on that one.

I believe that Taylor is on this show to promote herself.  Social media is a business, it's all about promoting oneself.  My department hired people just to do social media; it's how people communicate and see what the latest trends are. I have gone on YouTube to find out about a certain product and I'm not the only one who does that. 

So I think she, like most of the folks on this show, are doing it for the money and little bit of fame. 

giphy.gif

• Love 3
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Let me get this straight...

Recruited for Cast of Season 10

Taylor

Zach

Brandon

who else?

I didn't realize Brandon was also a recruit. Zach is the most recruitiest recruit ever.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Looking forward to see if Taylor portrays her rude, cussing, disrespectful spouse truthfully as he crosses the line by telling her "FU, Taylor" and then the rest of the bus and crew by saying "FU, Y'all" or does she sugarcoat his increasingly troublesome behaviors.

Stephanie did some dabbling in FB and IG but Taylor is the first on MAFS to be filmed immersed in posting all day, every day while on the honeymoon to her friends and thousands of followers...

Guess there was no questionnaire inquiry about how you feel about SM...Brandon would have answered...FU SM....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Taylor

Zach

Brandon

who else?

Probably all of them.  I think the producers have their "labels" ready and see who matches.  The experts are bogus.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think anyone signing up for this show above all else needs to be open. We all have a preferences, goals, personal nitpicks, etc. If you are going to be on this show, you need to be open. To be able bend a bit. 

You need to be able to at least be capable of dating different types of men or women. Be able to go with the flow.

A lot of things you do as a single person just does not work as a married person people keep jumping into this show with a single person mentality. 

Like, I'm not attracted to Mindy. I'm just not. But, if I was matched with Mindy, I would be able to move beyond that and actually get to know her. She's not a swamp beast. Just not my type. But, I can work with that. I don't need every woman I date to bend to all my preferences. 

This could be a much better show if they could get more genuine people, stop seeking out types and do more vetting for God sakes. A interview and home visit is not enough.

You could still have something interesting. Like, it went on too long but I loved the convo between Brandon and Taylor about social media. It was a grown ass adult conversation. You could understand both sides. It made you think about the topic. Generated discussion. 

The opposite of that is oh my God we both love cheese. That's the bland, no drama here show I do not want.

• Love 15
On 2/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, Cammi said:

Anyone remember The Way We Were when Katie ( Barbara  Streisand‘s character ) asks Hubble (Robert Redford) “I’m not your style am I?” And he’s honest with her. And he tells her no. That’s Zack and Mindy. 

I was obsessed with that movie as an adolescent with a huge crush on Robert Redford.  And remember, they did fall in love ultimately! didn't they???

• Love 1

Why is Brandon on a reality show if he doesn’t want cameras in his face? I need AJ 2.0 to have several seats with his tantrum. If I was Taylor he would have packed his own suitcase and found his own way back to D.C. 

I tried giving Zach the benefit of the doubt, but he’s just too shallow. He’s another one that has me questioning why he’s even in his marriage. Stevie Wonder could see that he’s not attracted to Mindy. Mindy’s desperation isn’t cute either. She needs to friend zone his behind and dump him on decision day.

I like Meka, but she needed to tone it down with the 90 thousand rules.  After trying to demand sex, Michael shouldn’t be surprised that Meka created a barrier in the bed. He’s still trying to say the right thing for the camera. Also what is with him and those gigantic beads he wears? Derek/Katie, Austin/Jessica for the win.

Where did the producers find those other three idiots at a Donkeys R Us store?!

• LOL 7

Couldn’t Meka and Michael just wear pjs instead of those bulky robes? Trying to get comfortable with that tie would be difficult. 
I wish Mindy would insert a plot twist where she cares more about if she likes him and how she feels about HIM. The experts are even less helpful this season. He assumes that the onus is on her to make herself more attractive and make this marriage work and she needs to just go about her business, being herself and  stop getting in his face. He is such an asshole. Even Dereck was saying that Zach talks a lot without really saying anything. 

Such a crock of shit to say things will get better after the honeymoon because if you are on a rocky road with few distractions or responsibilities, adding in adjusting to each other’s schedules, lifestyle etc is not going to magically improve things. 
Brandon is BSC. I’m not sure where you go from having your new husband saying, Fuck you to your face, or I’m not attracted to you and continues to harp on that. I don’t think there is a recovery, at least as far as I’m concerned. 

• Love 10
On 2/6/2020 at 6:33 PM, bichonblitz said:

Yup, and judging from the previews she blows it by telling the expert in front of Derek she still has feelings for her ex. 

I see Derek and Austin really trying to make a connection with their wives and they are bending over backwards to make them happy. I see Katie and Austins wife doing  nothing in return. Katie tells Derek she needs her space and Austins wife (sorry keep forgetting her name) has a bossy edge to her personality. Close the door. No, close it all the way! That curl in your hair is bugging me, it doesn't belong there. But.....then she comes out with this gem: "I'm not trying to change you" Red flag.  

Austin was very clear about liking a "strong woman," so this is so far not at all a problem for him.

• Love 8
On 2/7/2020 at 8:30 AM, Cammi said:

See this whole Zack and Mindy debacle is why I think the show is suspect. I dunno if Zack specifically stated Caucasian women only, but imo he and Taylor would have made a perfect power couple on the show. Think of their possible huge Insta followings! They both seem to have way more in common than the partners the show has paired them with.

Even with Luke basically stated he dates ethnic races, and from his interview he LEAD with that, and then concluded with "and white girls too" or something to that effect. And they still matched him with the most vanilla (but sweetheart) of a girl. I just think the show is so old fashioned in this, and I've previously noted on here that they even seem to even match darker skin couples together and lighter tones WITHIN the same race... In the year 2020, it just boggles my mind. And again with the lack of same sex couples. is the Lifetime network run by the same folks that own Chick Fil-A? 

Just seems like a missed opportunity with Taylor and Zack. They coulda spent their honeymoon taking non stop selfies and posting pics of their food without all the "shallow" accusations. Although I would not wish Brandon on poor Mindy. Or anyone. 

Although the show has had 2-3 interracial pairings (white/Indian and white/Latina), the show seems to have a strong aversion to matching black/white couples in particular. For example, many people said that Shawniece and Jon would've been a great match and I think Zach would at least be physically attracted to image-conscious Taylor, which is hugely important to him. (And we've seen she has a talent for wrangling douches.) But I think Pastor Cal has stated that they're worried applicants would lie about being open to dating other races. Studies have shown massive bias against black people and especially black women on dating apps. Re: the bizarre skin tone matching every season, I think they're also afraid the men would lie to hide their preference for dating women with a lighter skin tone (colorism). Tristan outright said in his interview that he only dated women with a lighter skin tone than him.

Of course, those excuses are weak and weird, but the show is apparently sticking with them.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, 2727 said:

As far as genuine matchmaking goes, the show's biggest flaw is aggressively recruiting and then selecting men who aren't really interested in being married. Or if they are, it's only on their own terms.

Want Ad:
Wanted: unsure or immature men and idealistic, perfectionistic, insecure women for tryouts for a reality show about LOVE.  No guarantees but for anyone interested, it's got to be better than dating more losers.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Taylor

Zach

Brandon

who else?

From what I've read, everyone this season was recruited with the exception of Jessica and Mindy. I personally don't have a problem with the show recruiting people from dating sites, if they choose ones who are serious about wanting to be married. However, the producers just do not seem to screen people well at all. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Although the show has had 2-3 interracial pairings (white/Indian and white/Latina), the show seems to have a strong aversion to matching black/white couples in particular. For example, many people said that Shawniece and Jon would've been a great match and I think Zach would at least be physically attracted to image-conscious Taylor, which is hugely important to him. (And we've seen she has a talent for wrangling douches.) But I think Pastor Cal has stated that they're worried applicants would lie about being open to dating other races. Studies have shown massive bias against black people and especially black women on dating apps. Re: the bizarre skin tone matching every season, I think they're also afraid the men would lie to hide their preference for dating women with a lighter skin tone (colorism). Tristan outright said in his interview that he only dated women with a lighter skin tone than him.

Of course, those excuses are weak and weird, but the show is apparently sticking with them.

I thought I was the only one who taught that Zach and Taylor would have been a better match. Physically she is more his type and as you said they’re both image conscious. I don’t think she would have had much wrangling to do with him, as she seems to have the personality he wants Mindy to have.

• Love 4

I don't think Zack has enough swag for Taylor, and that's what she specifically stated she wanted.  In her dreams, I think she'd like to be married to an NBA or NFL player because she thinks she's hot enough to deserve that.  Then eventually wind up on a Real Housewives show. 

Yeah dream on, Taylor.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, KateHearts said:

What stood out to me immediately about Zach (in the audition interviews) is how he stressed that he had dated many, many, very beautiful women... as if that were a badge of honor as well as a testimonial to his superiority and greatness.  I didn't like him after hearing that.

I also remember him saying a few times that looks don't matter. I took that to mean that relationships based on attractiveness hadn't worked and he now realized personality is more important than looks.

Mindy is the experts' looks-don't-matter choice for him. In your FACE, Zach! 

21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Last night she said she was thinking of two years, which would put her at 27 when she gets pregnant; 27/28 when she has her first kid. Nothing wrong with that.

I think she padded that number by 1.5 years in order to make herself sound sane.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, spunky said:

I thought I was the only one who taught that Zach and Taylor would have been a better match. Physically she is more his type and as you said they’re both image conscious. I don’t think she would have had much wrangling to do with him, as she seems to have the personality he wants Mindy to have.

IMNSHO, it isn't Mindy's personality that is not attracting Zach.

12 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

they were married.  and the ending was filled with pathos.  

Not to each other.

• Love 2
On 2/5/2020 at 7:04 PM, gonecrackers said:

Wow Brandon, way to shit on everyone at the end of the honeymoons.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:06 PM, shouldbedancing said:

Brandon is a jerk face. He's acting like a two year old. Don't sign up for a freaking TV show if you don't like cameras in your face! No one made you do this!

15 hours ago, spunky said:

Why is Brandon on a reality show if he doesn’t want cameras in his face? I need AJ 2.0 to have several seats with his tantrum. If I was Taylor he would have packed his own suitcase and found his own way back to D.C. 

We knew Brandon was gunna act out AGAIN, but throw the ring & leave his s#%t?? Idk man. I'd want to let him resolve his own temper tantrum. That was TOO MUCH!! Give him those 10 minutes & LEAVE HIS ASS at the hotel!! 😂😂 Do they seriously not explain filming BEFOREHAND or did he NOT LISTEN?? Plus, he did say he gets cranky when he's hungry, so maybe that was a factor. He needs to GROW THE HELL UP!! That behavior's UNACCEPTABLE & someone's gotta check him! Ya know, personally, I've learned I have to dig into what people say. But, I see that even more clearly here. He said he had panic attacks & he gets cranky. She shoulda asked for details, to know what was coming. I already know to leave situations when someone's acting up, hopefully, she learned. Definitely NOT the time for the "respect" spiel, but also can't approve his disrespect. Maybe leave him alone, COMPLETELY, when he's in a state cuz what she tried was a #MAJORFAIL. She's being wayyyyyyy too patient & kind & he better STOP abusing it! Hopefully, she can define respectful behavior & they can decide on appropriate behavior during those times cuz he don't know how to act. I applaud her for not feeding into his tantrum, that woulda made it worse & she didn't need to get crazy like him, if that's even in her character. Although she did trigger it with her wording, she didn't know he'd take it so bad. But packing his stuff? That's way too nice! He's not evolved enough to SAY what he feels, thinks, needs, & wants, in those moments. Just acts out when he gets stuck. Like that's a solution. I think you have to ask them those questions, to de-escalate, until they figure out how to share them.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 5
On 2/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

So 3/5 of the husbands have removed their rings in defiance of something or someone. Well, bless their hearts. 

On 2/5/2020 at 8:33 PM, OnTime said:

So Zach isn't wearing his wedding ring because he "just isn't into putting on jewelry".  Good thing he didn't miss putting on his beaded bracelet on his left wrist.

And Mindy, you weren't wearing a wedding ring either when you asked Zach about not wearing his ring.

Issa missing ring BONANZA!! 😂😂 I think Mindy wasn't wearing a ring @ that same dinner she called Zach out at. Brandon freaked out & threw the ring. WTF?!! They too loose with it, shows the people who aren't taking it seriously. They should be holding those damn things REAL CLOSE, they MEAN SOMETHING!! I'm not buying Zach's bs excuse. She should DUG to get to the truth & asked what the ring symbolizes, does he want to wear it, does he feel married, would he care if she wore her ring, does he care how she feels about him not wearing his ring?

• Love 2
On 2/6/2020 at 8:34 AM, humbleopinion said:

Zach needs to stop telling Mindy she's smart, she's pretty because that is the prelude to him telling her for the umpteenth time his lack of attraction to her....

I feel like "pretty" is a BREADCRUMB! It's a little scrap of SOMETHING to make someone feel they look okay. Especially the way Zach says it! AND it's DELIBERATE!! Like he's tryna preserve her self-esteem, while saying he's not attracted. That's gotta SUCK!! For me, it's what our mommies call us as children. After childhood, it's juvenile to me. It's nothing I want to hear, does nothing for me. They know better compliments & I'd rather have them or NOTHING at all!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Not to each other.

Plot summary from IMDB:

"Opposites attract when, during their college days, Katie Morosky (Barbra Streisand), a politically active Jew, meets Hubbell Gardiner (Robert Redford), a feckless WASP. Years later, in the wake of World War II, they meet again and, despite their obvious differences, marry. Hubbell wants to be a screenwriter, so the two move to California despite Katie's objections. They prosper there, but as the Hollywood blacklist looms, Katie's activism threatens her husband's reputation."

I obsessed over this movie precisely because there was love and marriage but ultimately it was about longing.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Not to each other.

I’m just going with what Johnny Bravo said. Honestly I think he wants someone who looks like Jessica Simpson in the 90’s.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Plot summary from IMDB:

"Opposites attract when, during their college days, Katie Morosky (Barbra Streisand), a politically active Jew, meets Hubbell Gardiner (Robert Redford), a feckless WASP. Years later, in the wake of World War II, they meet again and, despite their obvious differences, marry. Hubbell wants to be a screenwriter, so the two move to California despite Katie's objections. They prosper there, but as the Hollywood blacklist looms, Katie's activism threatens her husband's reputation."

I obsessed over this movie precisely because there was love and marriage but ultimately it was about longing.

Katie reminded me of Mindy. Pursued Hubbel and they had an attraction.  It in the end she wasn’t his “style”. Attraction wise or political. And in the end he DID get a woman his style. “Your girl is beautiful Hubbell” was her famous last line. Don’t try to force yourself to be someone’s “style”. It may work for a while, but it’ll never end well. Bail Mindy. 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Lindz said:

We knew Brandon was gunna act out AGAIN, but throw the ring & leave his s#%t?? Idk man. I'd want to let him resolve his own temper tantrum. That was TOO MUCH!! Give him those 10 minutes & LEAVE HIS ASS at the hotel!! 😂😂 Do they seriously not explain filming BEFOREHAND or did he NOT LISTEN?? Plus, he did say he gets cranky when he's hungry, so maybe that was a factor. He needs to GROW THE HELL UP!! That behavior's UNACCEPTABLE & someone's gotta check him! Ya know, personally, I've learned I have to dig into what people say. But, I see that even more clearly here. He said he had panic attacks & he gets cranky. She shoulda asked for details, to know what was coming. I already know to leave situations when someone's acting up, hopefully, she learned. Definitely NOT the time for the "respect" spiel, but also can't approve his disrespect. He's not evolved enough to SAY what he feels, thinks, needs, & wants, in those moments. Just acts out when he gets stuck. Like that's a solution.

I would have definitely left his toddler acting self in the hotel. At this point I prefer Zach over him and Zach’s a special cupcake as well.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't think Zack has enough swag for Taylor, and that's what she specifically stated she wanted.  In her dreams, I think she'd like to be married to an NBA or NFL player because she thinks she's hot enough to deserve that.  Then eventually wind up on a Real Housewives show. 

Yeah dream on, Taylor.   

Given the choice she’d probably choose gym rat Zach over the toddler that is Brandon.

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 12:52 PM, OnTime said:

Just reading my own link again that says

Each candidate goes through a very thorough background check to determine if they have significant debts or any sort of criminal record,” relationship expert Rachel DeAlto told Entertainment Tonight.

Hmmm, did Dallas Danielle or Mia go through a very thorough background check to determine if they have significant debts or any sort of criminal record?

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, Liberty said:

She forgot to mention 'must wear a bathrobe to bed' until bed time.

She really had that man sleep in a damn ROBE!! Ya doing TOO MUCH girl!! Abusing the control he's letting her have & really pushing it! She needs to pull back with that. Props to him for rolling with it. Prolly cuz he's on thin ice. Hope those things were trivial & he didn't mind too much. He needs to take a stand tho, push back some cuz the more she gets used to it, the harder it'll be to change it & it could blow up in both their faces. 😅

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/6/2020 at 2:40 PM, Silver Bells said:

From the beginning, I think Michael was disappointed with Meka.  He probably would have loved to be matched with someone like Taylor, beautiful, sexy and fun loving.  So unhappy, he went and slept in another room.  He expected a hot dish to take to bed and have a fabulous honeymoon. Instead, he got a drill Sargent with a list of do’s and dont’s. Plus, he wasn’t attracted to her sexually.

Nahhhhhhhh. If that was the case, WHY push sex?? He was already tryna get into details of frequency BEFORE his first hit! 😂😂

• Love 2

Taylor is trying to save her place on the show but Brandon's increasing unacceptable behavior will make that impossible for her.

Seeing them enter their shared living space in the tease  is troubling.

If he is cursing, making threats from anxiety then get him off the show.

His out of control reactions are preventing people from doing their jobs.

The field producer confronting Brandon in the elevator should not have to put up with his  tantrum, the hand on the camera is a major no-no and very agressive to the camera person holding that very heavy equipment...call the executive producer, the network and get him off the show...bypass "the experts" they will do nothing...

• Love 8
On 2/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, configdotsys said:

I don't see him as being painfully truthful at all. He goes on and on and says nothing, never getting to the point, never owning up to what he really means when he talks about growing attraction. If he was any sort of decent person, he would lance the boil and tell her that there's no spark for him and it would be best if they stayed in the friend zone. Instead, he goes on about nonsense and then will throw in something like "I'm happy because I'm here with you" in order to get her hopes up that things are getting better. It is cruel and dickish to do that. He is totally giving her hope when he does things like that. Mindy is no better being a grown woman who is obviously too stupid to realize that he's not interested.

She knows. She's just confused by his words & doesn't know what to do. He put it on her, instead of being an adult & OWNING it. He's MIND FVCKING her cuz he's tryna be good & not physically eff her. 😂 He should've just said, "I'm not attracted to you & I won't try to be, I think it's best we quit." JFC!! It's NOT EFFIN COMPLICATED!! & she's letting him bs her, so she's to blame, too. Will either one be an adult?!!  Methinks NOT!! 😂

43 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Just reading my own link again that says

Each candidate goes through a very thorough background check to determine if they have significant debts or any sort of criminal record,” relationship expert Rachel DeAlto told Entertainment Tonight.

Hmmm, did Dallas Danielle or Mia go through a very thorough background check to determine if they have significant debts or any sort of criminal record?

Also what is "significant debt?" Texas Danielle had something like $20K in credit card debt. Most of them have had student loans. Some of them have mortgages. What counts as "significant?"

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/6/2020 at 4:11 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

He's only being a dick in the sense he could wait for a better time and way to handle the situation. He's being a dick because he's being painfully truthful. He may believe its best to lance the boil (figuratively). I would say he is intentionally not giving her hope because he doesn't have any for their relationship.

Ohhhh. The CLASSICK "turn-off" tactic where someone acts awful to make the other person leave so they get what they want, but makes it seem like it's the other person's idea. 😂😂 So pathetic & worthless. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Mia passed her criminal background check.

Like ships passing in the dark, the fraud  charge from using her ex's credit card to buy him a gift fell into the gap before filming...

Felonious Mia thought she go off free and clear until she tried to leave the country for her honeymoon.....Hello, DFW Jail and the Tarrant County Pokey.....smile for your mug shot....

Danielle's outstanding credit was 25K deep...Ricky Bobby became pale and shaky when she fessed up....but the sex was good and plenty so he took it all in stride....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/6/2020 at 7:27 PM, 2727 said:

Through all seasons, I honestly don't remember anyone criticizing participants for not being attracted to their spouses; it's the cruel or two-faced way they handled it that grated.

It should be a fairly straightforward (if uncomfortable) conversation: You seem to be a great person but I'm just not feeling any chemistry. Can we try to be kind, get to know each other, and see where that takes us?

It's possible to be truthful and not lead someone on without disparaging them.

But that's the thing, they don't want to try ANYTHING! They QUIT, WITHOUT telling their spouse, & just 'participate' until Decision Day. I doubt we'll ever hear that conversation & just keep getting a bunch of despicable bs. 😂 I just want quitters GONE! That'd be best!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Plot summary from IMDB:

But you forgot the part at the end where they're married to different people.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle's outstanding credit was 25K deep...Ricky Bobby became pale and shaky when she fessed up....but the sex was good and plenty so he took it all in stride....

I recall Bobby feeling a bit deprived. If only he had done more chores & taken better care of the dogs for her, so she could sleep more... /s

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cammi said:

Katie reminded me of Mindy. Pursued Hubbel and they had an attraction.  It in the end she wasn’t his “style”. Attraction wise or political. And in the end he DID get a woman his style. “Your girl is beautiful Hubbell” was her famous last line. Don’t try to force yourself to be someone’s “style”. It may work for a while, but it’ll never end well. Bail Mindy. 

Oooh, I sought out this movie because it’s one of the classics and I wanna give my take as well.

Can I just say the movie doesn’t age well because Hubbell’s tease flirting with Katie while they’re in college would’ve sparked a MeToo movement and Katie’s drunk sex with Hubbell would be considered date rape? (Seriously, how creepy was that?)

But about their marriage, I thought the major theme was that love is not enough. Katie and Hubbell will always love each other, but once their idealism faded away, they went back to what was expected of them because it was easy. I also thought Barbara Streisand’s comment about Redford’s new wife was a dig even though she sincerely meant it. All Hubbell wanted was a wife that was “lovely” that people would envy him for. He didn’t even seem to like his new wife that much. He went back to making eyes at Kate... buuuut he was still going to stay with his new wife because it was what people expected of him and it made his life easy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Also what is "significant debt?" Texas Danielle had something like $20K in credit card debt. Most of them have had student loans. Some of them have mortgages. What counts as "significant?"

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Actually, Danielle's credit card debt was $15K.

Mortgages and student loans are considered good debt. Bad debt is credit card debt to get eyelash extensions.  I'll put Danielle in the significant column for credit card debt and not Bobby for having a mortgage.

Here they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhiFgryk5Uk

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

they were married.  and the ending was filled with pathos.  

The original remark to which you replied was, "You've forgotten the ending." Thus, I replied, "Not to each other." Meaning at the ending. As the kidz say, Peace out.

Looking forward to Mindy on the chat couch.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lids said:

Oooh, I sought out this movie because it’s one of the classics and I wanna give my take as well.

Can I just say the movie doesn’t age well because Hubbell’s tease flirting with Katie while they’re in college would’ve sparked a MeToo movement and Katie’s drunk sex with Hubbell would be considered date rape? (Seriously, how creepy was that?)

But about their marriage, I thought the major theme was that love is not enough. Katie and Hubbell will always love each other, but once their idealism faded away, they went back to what was expected of them because it was easy. I also thought Barbara Streisand’s comment about Redford’s new wife was a dig even though she sincerely meant it. All Hubbell wanted was a wife that was “lovely” that people would envy him for. He didn’t even seem to like his new wife that much. He went back to making eyes at Kate... buuuut he was still going to stay with his new wife because it was what people expected of him and it made his life easy.

I agree on all counts.  It is definitely a dated film but it stuck with me. I didn't forget the ending.  I found it complicated and moving. You can love someone but that doesn't always mean it will work.

29 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The original remark to which you replied was, "You've forgotten the ending." Thus, I replied, "Not to each other." Meaning at the ending. As the kidz say, Peace out.

Looking forward to Mindy on the chat couch.

My misunderstanding! But I'm happy to have provoked some interesting conversation about a film I loved growing up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Actually, Danielle's credit card debt was $15K.

Mortgages and student loans are considered good debt. Bad debt is credit card debt to get eyelash extensions.  I'll put Danielle in the significant column for credit card debt and not Bobby for having a mortgage.

Here they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhiFgryk5Uk

I stand corrected, though I consider $15K in credit card debt to be significant. I found the way she approached it to be problematic as well - she seemed to treat her cards like income and wasn’t very pressed about paying it off.

• Love 3

It's interesting. I'm watching couple couch now.

I know some of us were talking about how suspicious the ending of this episode is.

Rewatching the discussion before they get to the boat, it's like they are shooting around Brandon. I totally feel like what happened did happen before the boat trip.

Furthermore, not to clear Brandon of any wrong doing because he shouldn't talk to people that way but I don't even feel like that audio was from the day. The audio sounded like it was pulled from somewhere else. The camera is on other people when he is yelling. Brandon already had his issue with Taylor and he doesn't seem to like production at all. They could have taken the audio from that other day.

They also like to frankenbite clips and talking heads together all the time. Not saying Brandon did nothing wrong at any point or he didn't say those words but I feel like the way it's being presented is suspect.

Edited by Racj82
Missing words
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

I can’t get over how joyless and demanding Meka is.  Giving him an inch of the bed, FFS.  
I had an ex who was a narcissist and he would scream at me all day because I moved around too much at night. In my sleep.  Meka reminds me of him....the rules are the same.   

• Love 7