Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: A Hairy Situation

• Start Topic

Eva is determined to get Marley's last name legally changed, but her biological father may present a roadblock. Now that Dennis has re-proposed to Porsha, he has to also win her family back. Tanya gets messy and dishes out a secret she has on Kenya, causing Kenya to fire back in an unexpected way.

Airdate 01.19.2020

• Love 1

Why didn’t Eva or Michael address whether Michael has plans to adopt Marley from the outset?  It seems like the elephant in the room with Eva talking about how Marley will now know that Michael is her real and only dad.  There’s a mechanism for that, and it wasn’t even discussed until after the name change, when Eva quickly mumbled “the next step’s adoption.”  The way they were talking about the name change was as if it was adoption, the way Kroy adopted Kim’s daughters.  Michael is a lawyer.  They both know a name change isn’t adoption.  What are they up to?  So shady, those two!  Marley is so cute though, even if I can’t stand her mom.  

Tanya knows there’s something amiss about Paul.  There’s no such thing as being “pretty transparent” on social media or otherwise.  “Transparent” can’t be modified.  There a ton of skeletons in that relationship closet, I’m quite sure..  

Cynthia really can’t hold a conversation.  She couldn’t give Eva any real encouragement about the name change; she just said they’d have pizza and a margarita later, and she didn’t know how to relate to Kandi or Kenya at the table.  All she knew how to do was comment on outfits.  That water doesn’t run very deep, does it?

I don’t think Kenya wears a full wig on a regular basis, if that’s what Tanya was implying.  I think she has a full head of hair.  If Kenya should be worried about anything cosmetic, it’s that the cartilage on her nose is starting to become visible.  Cynthia was the only one to point out that, just because Tanya should have looked in the bag before taking it over an international border, nothing necessitated Tanya telling half the cast what was in the bag.  Would I have told?  Most certainly.  But I wouldn’t have been a dumb about it, and acted like I had some duty to tell; I’d say I’m telling them because Kenya has been a fucking bitch to me.  Tanya, I used to think you were classy and nice, but I see you now.  

Dennis, as usual, is sickening.  “I’m going to take accountability, but we’re family”?  Two lies in one sentence; that’s a new one!  How does this man have a business?  He seems like he’s operating on negative brain cells.  He can’t even make eye contact with people calmly telling him how they were hurt.  I think Dennis regrets that he got caught, not much more.  I really don’t think he has the capacity to understand how deeply he hurt Porsha and her family. 

No Nene again.  She better get last seat at the reunion!

• Love 17

I guess it’s great that Porsha and Dennis are trying to work through their issues, but, they’re focusing on him cheating, however, IMHO, beastiality is a whooole different thing.  And, they’re glossing that over.  Forgive cheating?  Possibly.  Ignore beastiality?  Oh, Hell no!

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Axie said:

I guess it’s great that Porsha and Dennis are trying to work through their issues, but, they’re focusing on him cheating, however, IMHO, beastiality is a whooole different thing.  And, they’re glossing that over.  Forgive cheating?  Possibly.  Ignore beastiality?  Oh, Hell no!

Isn’t the beastiality  some random rumor? 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why didn’t Eva or Michael address whether Michael has plans to adopt Marley from the outset?  It seems like the elephant in the room with Eva talking about how Marley will now know that Michael is her real and only dad.  There’s a mechanism for that, and it wasn’t even discussed until after the name change, when Eva quickly mumbled “the next step’s adoption.”  The way they were talking about the name change was as if it was adoption, the way Kroy adopted Kim’s daughters.  Michael is a lawyer.  They both know a name change isn’t adoption.  What are they up to?  So shady, those two!  Marley is so cute though, even if I can’t stand her mom.  

Her ex is volatile and apparently still has his parental rights which can take forever to terminate even when the person isn’t fighting it. I am more surprised that they showed the name change than thinking something is up by them not being transparent about where they are in the adoption process given the past issues with the ex.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Isn’t the beastiality  some random rumor? 

It may be, but, it’s not a subject that comes up too often, so, I’d need some conversation about why he thinks it came up when people were talking about him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Porsha’s comment about never having had a man who cared enough to blah, blah, blah, was super sad to me. The fact that she’s used to being with shitty men doesn’t make Dennis a catch simply because he’s not as shitty. I wish her the best, but I don’t have high hopes for a happy ending with him.

What a boring episode. I am excited to see Greece, though, so I hope we get to the cast trip soon.

• Love 14

How many times this season are they going to show Eva saying “I never said that” and flashback of her saying exactly that? I hope they show it ALL at the reunion. 

This season’s drama “who taped me talking shit?!?” When the entire conceit of the show is... being taped ... talking shit. And a wig, aren’t drama or stories at all. 

I thought Dennis said he was going to upgrade Porsha’s ring. 

Who else looked up this A Haute Cookie out of curiosity? Her website irked me. It didn’t actually list the cookies she specializes in, she charges much more for “vegan” items. I’m vegan it’s not more expensive to prepare vegan stuff that you chose to include on a menu, than normal stuff, in fact the ingredients are cheaper and you can do it small batch. And the general business descriptions aren’t justified and hyphenate a lot of words at the end of lines unnecessarily. On her “list of my clients” page it lists Married to Medicine and RHOA so I guess that’s why she’s here for a promo payoff or she caters the reunions or something. 

Kevin McCall is obviously unstable and often lashes out publicly (against her, Rickey Smiley, Chris Brown ect). I’m not sure including this name change and talking about his dicey behavior on camera is a good idea. Eva is not really needed on the show, she has no chemistry or real friendship with any of the cast, is boring and petty. They should have probably chosen a different HW for her spot. 

It’s been known a long time periodically time*giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29631df2674e806058b7Kenya has long natural hair and pics of her biological mom show she also has long straight hair. Her bringing a wig or occasionally wearing tape in pieces is not some “gotcha” moment Tanya thinks it is. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, link417 said:

Porsha’s comment about never having had a man who cared enough to blah, blah, blah, was super sad to me. The fact that she’s used to being with shitty men doesn’t make Dennis a catch simply because he’s not as shitty. I wish her the best, but I don’t have high hopes for a happy ending with him.

I think she’s going to have to adjust what her idea of a happy ending is to get it with him.

Eva’s daughter cracked me up - can I EAT the cake?  Let’s stop talking and start cutting lady!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't like Dennis but I like his mother even less.

For real.  She didn't have any problem before inserting herself into any and all of Portia and Dennis' business, but now all of a sudden, she doesn't know where to step in?  Please.

• Love 17

I like Tanya.  She has enthusiasm for miles, slightly goofy and she is kind.  I would like her to stay in some capacity because she's a sunbeam, doing her best to poke through the shade.

Sometimes I wonder if people are friends with Kenya because the alternative would be so draining.

• Love 11

Kenya girl take care of your own mess before trying to throw other people under the bus for being in a bad marriage... girl needs to take SEVERAL SEATS ... your man don't even like being around you ...talks mad shit to your face and would prefer to be with his daughter and not you... STOP 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Kenya girl take care of your own mess before trying to throw other people under the bus for being in a bad marriage... girl needs to take SEVERAL SEATS ... your man don't even like being around you ...talks mad shit to your face and would prefer to be with his daughter and not you... STOP 

Kenya is vile.  Here she is married to a man who doesn't seem to care for her and she's talking about Tanya's man?  Take several seats woman, worry about your own damn self. 

With every episode I see why Kenya's husband doesn't want her.  I'd never want to be married to such a snake. 

If her hair line is so successful, how come I've never seen it in Ulta/Sephora/or on 125th street in Harlem...nope, nothing.  Is it even in Target?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Kenya is vile.  Here she is married to a man who doesn't seem to care for her and she's talking about Tanya's man?  Take several seats woman, worry about your own damn self. 

With every episode I see why Kenya's husband doesn't want her.  I'd never want to be married to such a snake. 

If her hair line is so successful, how come I've never seen it in Ulta/Sephora/or on 125th street in Harlem...nope, nothing.  Is it even in Target?

She’s the worst. She’s boring.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

It's in Sally's. I don't believe she went into a lab or put any care or concern into these products. It sounds like she collaborated with an established brand and repackaged using her fame and name recognition. I never see her actually working on anything in reference to these products. All she does is promote. At least pretend this is some secret formula you have been using. My guess is it's Suave in a purple and silver bottle.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Kenya has long natural hair and pics of her biological mom show she also has long straight hair. Her bringing a wig or occasionally wearing tape in pieces is not some “gotcha” moment Tanya thinks it is. 

It wouldn't normally be a big deal since they all wear bags o' hair except Kenya brags and brags about her own natural hair and being the liar she is she has said many times she never wears pieces or wigs so that's the difference. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Kenya is miserable and wants to spread her misery. I have never liked her and she continues to hurt others in order to feel something.  She is so much like Nene, she always needs a foil in order to be relevant.  Whenever she cries about the state of her marriage, I feel nothing for her. Also, she is a horrible actress.  Nothing about her is genuine, have we ever seen the real Kenya?

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I think we see the REAL Kenya when she's stirring the turd and saying mean-ass things to people.  THAT is the real Kenya. 

That's why I have stanned for Marlo every since she made that crack about Kenya's mom. I had been waiting for YEARS for someone to toss that in her face since she seems to think nothing is off limits.

• Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:07 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Tanya knows there’s something amiss about Paul.  There’s no such thing as being “pretty transparent” on social media or otherwise.  “Transparent” can’t be modified.  There a ton of skeletons in that relationship closet, I’m quite sure..  

Cynthia really can’t hold a conversation.  She couldn’t give Eva any real encouragement about the name change; she just said they’d have pizza and a margarita later, and she didn’t know how to relate to Kandi or Kenya at the table.  All she knew how to do was comment on outfits.  That water doesn’t run very deep, does it?

I don’t think Kenya wears a full wig on a regular basis, if that’s what Tanya was implying.  I think she has a full head of hair.  If Kenya should be worried about anything cosmetic, it’s that the cartilage on her nose is starting to become visible.  Cynthia was the only one to point out that, just because Tanya should have looked in the bag before taking it over an international border, nothing necessitated Tanya telling half the cast what was in the bag.  Would I have told?  Most certainly.  But I wouldn’t have been a dumb about it, and acted like I had some duty to tell; I’d say I’m telling them because Kenya has been a fucking bitch to me.  Tanya, I used to think you were classy and nice, but I see you now.  

Dennis, as usual, is sickening.  “I’m going to take accountability, but we’re family”?  Two lies in one sentence; that’s a new one!  How does this man have a business?  He seems like he’s operating on negative brain cells.  He can’t even make eye contact with people calmly telling him how they were hurt.  I think Dennis regrets that he got caught, not much more.  I really don’t think he has the capacity to understand how deeply he hurt Porsha and her family. 

No Nene again.  She better get last seat at the reunion!

I think both Eva and Michael are very circumspect about what they discuss on TV about Marley's bio dad. And judging from the news accounts he is a volatile individual so that  concern isn't misplaced. I don't think that the fact that they aren't discussing adoption openly on tv should be interpreted that they have not discussed it among themselves or made a plan that includes adoption going forward. Michael strikes me as a highly competent attorney, and one who understands that winning your case in the court of public opinion means nothing if you lose it in the courtroom. 

As for Kenya, the issue with her is that rather than saying "Yep, after being out on the road all day, I tossed this wig on after my shower," she continues with the "I never wear wigs" commentary. What's wrong with saying, I wear a wig now and then when I want a dramatic change, or I wear a piece occasionally to give me volume for particular styles. No one could come for her about what is essentially a non-issue if she were HONEST about it. But lying for the sake of her haircare business is just dumb, especially when telling the truth would have no real implications. And I don't think that Tanya not being straight about the reason she outed Kenya makes her not classy. Tanya may be petty, but she's not the type to revel in her pettiness. She'll tell on Kenya, then stand back to see where things fall out.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think both Eva and Michael are very circumspect about what they discuss on TV about Marley's bio dad. And judging from the news accounts he is a volatile individual so that  concern isn't misplaced. I don't think that the fact that they aren't discussing adoption openly on tv should be interpreted that they have not discussed it among themselves or made a plan that includes adoption going forward. Michael strikes me as a highly competent attorney, and one who understands that winning your case in the court of public opinion means nothing if you lose it in the courtroom. 

As for Kenya, the issue with her is that rather than saying "Yep, after being out on the road all day, I tossed this wig on after my shower," she continues with the "I never wear wigs" commentary. What's wrong with saying, I wear a wig now and then when I want a dramatic change, or I wear a piece occasionally to give me volume for particular styles. No one could come for her about what is essentially a non-issue if she were HONEST about it. But lying for the sake of her haircare business is just dumb, especially when telling the truth would have no real implications. And I don't think that Tanya not being straight about the reason she outed Kenya makes her not classy. Tanya may be petty, but she's not the type to revel in her pettiness. She'll tell on Kenya, then stand back to see where things fall out.

I think, as far as Eva, she doesn’t belong in a full-time position on reality TV.  If it’s true that Michael has plans to adopt Marley, but said plans can’t be discussed because of a volatile ex, then the answer is not to go on TV and substitute a name change for an adoption for all intents and purposes; the answer is perhaps not to discuss it until it’s been finalized.  It’s not a particularly interesting plot line to begin with, so if they can’t tell us the whole story, keep it off TV as far as I’m concerned, but don’t play the viewer for a fool, which is what I feel like Eva is constantly doing.  If your ex is that crazy, see your way off reality TV, for the good of everyone involved.  Come back if he gets himself locked up or something.  

I’m not trying to defend Kenya, but I am pretty sure that she has admitted that she puts pieces in her hair from time to time.  I think she said that to Andy in that WWHL episode they showed a clip of in this episode.  I remember her saying it, because I was surprised.  But, yes, to your overall point, I agree that Kenya lost all natural hair high ground when she bum-rushed Marlo’s wig event in favor of an event for “natural hair,” only for it to be revealed that she wears a wig sometimes.  That wasn’t well-played by Kenya.

I guess what I mean about Tanya not being classy is that I really, really liked her last season.  I thought she was nicer and fresher and more fun than everyone else, and she did two things this season that caused me to change my opinion of her greatly.  First, she brought the wig to the salon.  I think that’s classless.  Like I said, I’d do it, but I thought she was above that, quite frankly, I thought she was above me.  

I also just think that Tanya’s just not that smart when it comes to navigating her relationship, and that caused me to lose a ton of respect for her.  When Kenya brought up the “who wants to know if their man is cheating” topic, and subsequently threw it out there that a guy might have asked a woman for her number, Tanya kind of giggled, “well, that’s not cheating.”  I tend to disagree, but she didn’t have a problem with it.  Fine.  Then, on WWHL, someone wrote in and asked her why she doesn’t think a man getting another woman’s phone number is cheating and she said that Paul never got a phone number, so it’s irrelevant.  I thought there was nothing wrong with getting a phone number.  Now you’re changing your story.  That’s not cool in my book.  That’s totally uncool in fact.  She would have been better served to say, “I don’t think it’s cheating because of ‘x.’  But it’s moot because Paul never got a number any way.”  Consistency is really important to me.

I think—for all these women across the franchises—if you’re going to go on reality TV, you have to be prepared for whatever comes your way.  You don’t have to let it all hang out, but just be smart with your answers and your points, so that I can respect you.  If Tanya would have said, “in retrospect, I do think that the situation, as presented, would have been cheating had Paul actually tried to get another woman’s number, but we’ve talked about it, and he said he wasn’t trying to get her number for prurient purposes, and I believe him,” or “no, I don’t think it’s cheating.  He can call women that he meets when he’s out.  I have no problem with that,” I’d be like, oh ok, I’m not sure I believe her, but she’s putting a consistent face forward, and I have to respect that.  What she’s doing now by giggling through it and saying she has a perfect life has a very immature early Porsha ring to it.  

I also think that Tanya was extremely excited to be in Toronto, and it brought her up to an 11.  She was acting very sweet, but I found it annoying, and she seemed to have brought it back to the States, which I didn’t love.  I thought her perkiness level last season was perfect, and now it’s bordering on manic.  Just my preference, but someone who is practically jumping for joy 24/7 is not my cup of tea.  I like it to be a lot more laid back.  She doesn’t have to be Kandi, but if she’d turn it down a few notches, I’d like her more again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think, as far as Eva, she doesn’t belong in a full-time position on reality TV.  If it’s true that Michael has plans to adopt Marley, but said plans can’t be discussed because of a volatile ex, then the answer is not to go on TV and substitute a name change for an adoption for all intents and purposes; the answer is perhaps not to discuss it until it’s been finalized.  It’s not a particularly interesting plot line to begin with, so if they can’t tell us the whole story, keep it off TV as far as I’m concerned, but don’t play the viewer for a fool, which is what I feel like Eva is constantly doing.  If your ex is that crazy, see your way off reality TV, for the good of everyone involved.  Come back if he gets himself locked up or something.  

I don't know.  I watch TV for what it is, I don't need to investigate to see if it's 100% true.  I know reality shows aren't 100% true.

49 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I also just think that Tanya’s just not that smart when it comes to navigating her relationship, and that caused me to lose a ton of respect for her.  When Kenya brought up the “who wants to know if their man is cheating” topic, and subsequently threw it out there that a guy might have asked a woman for her number, Tanya kind of giggled, “well, that’s not cheating.”  I tend to disagree, but she didn’t have a problem with it.  Fine.  Then, on WWHL, someone wrote in and asked her why she doesn’t think a man getting another woman’s phone number is cheating and she said that Paul never got a phone number, so it’s irrelevant.  I thought there was nothing wrong with getting a phone number.  Now you’re changing your story.  That’s not cool in my book.  That’s totally uncool in fact.  She would have been better served to say, “I don’t think it’s cheating because of ‘x.’  But it’s moot because Paul never got a number any way.”  Consistency is really important to me.

Hey, even looking at another person is cheating these days.

3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know.  I watch TV for what it is, I don't need to investigate to see if it's 100% true.  I know reality shows aren't 100% true.

Hey, even looking at another person is cheating these days.

I agree it doesn’t have to be 100% true, as in, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  That’s why I said they don’t have to let it all hang out there.  But I watch these shows mostly to see their real lives.  I started watching back in ‘06 and ‘07, when the concept was to peer behind the orange curtain of Orange County.  What would be the point if their storylines weren’t true?  If there’s not a fundamental difference between this and a soap opera, I’d sooner just dispatch with all pretense and watch a soap.

Like I said, Tanya can make up her own mind about whether her fiancé trying to get numbers in the club is cheating—she really can—but just be honest about it.  What’s crystal clear to me is that she’s not comfortable with it, but she’ll turn a blind eye to rumor and innuendo so that she can maintain the lifestyle to which she’s accustomed, with the man with whom she’s accustomed, and that just gives me a Carmella Soprano vibe that I don’t respect.  

If it were me and someone was throwing something out there about “would you want to know if he cheats?” I’d say abso-fucking-lutely, and whatever she dishes out, I’m bringing back to my man, on camera, and we’ll set this straight.  And if he is an asshole trying to get numbers, then he should call those numbers, because he’s going to need a place to sleep.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I agree it doesn’t have to be 100% true, as in, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  That’s why I said they don’t have to let it all hang out there.  But I watch these shows mostly to see their real lives.  I started watching back in ‘06 and ‘07, when the concept was to peer behind the orange curtain of Orange County.  What would be the point if their storylines weren’t true?  If there’s not a fundamental difference between this and a soap opera, I’d sooner just dispatch with all pretense and watch a soap.

That's what these shows are, soap operas except with real people.

2 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If it were me and someone was throwing something out there about “would you want to know if he cheats?” I’d say abso-fucking-lutely, and whatever she dishes out, I’m bringing back to my man, on camera, and we’ll set this straight.  And if he is an asshole trying to get numbers, then he should call those numbers, because he’s going to need a place to sleep.

Depends on who's doing the telling.  There are some people out here who get off on making other people miserable, turning something innocent into something else.  

• Love 3

^^^

I agree with you that there are people who just want to ruin relationships.  Kenya is probably one of them.  The thing is, though, Kenya is a repeat player.  She is going to be around at least the rest of the season.  So if she were to come dropping tidbits, my defensive strategy would be to say, “yes, let’s hear allllllll about it,” and, if it turned out to be nothing, Kenya would look foolish, and she wouldn’t try me again, she’d try someone else.  And if she did try it with me again, she’d look foolish again, and I’d tell her we can keep doing this.  Because there is nothing to hide in my relationship.

Or another strategy is to seem completely unbothered and ignore the bitch.

Tanya pulled off neither of the above.  

She just did nervous giggling and said that trying to get another woman’s number isn’t cheating, which she pretty much reversed at a later time.  It came off to me that Tanya was definitely making room for the fact that her fiancé might be up to something untoward.  So I don’t think she employed a winning strategy toward Kenya, no matter how you view it.  I didn’t think there were any problems of this nature between Tanya and Paul up until this point.  I had no idea why they had such a long engagement.  Now I think something is definitely up, like he doesn’t want to have to wife her, because he thinks they will inevitably get divorced, and she’ll get half the assets.  So, if Kenya was looking to make trouble, she succeeded.  

That wouldn’t have worked with me.  I don’t think it would have worked with most of the other women.  Can you imagine if she’d tried that shit on Kandi?  I think these women need to come to the table with better strategies sometimes, because someone is always out to foil you and bring you down on these shows.  Look at how Nene chewed up Eva and spit her out the same season that she was in Eva’s wedding.  I think you always need an offensIve and a defensive game on these shows, but that’s just my cynical viewpoint.  When people capitulate so easily and let co-stars who are known predators wound them, I give up on them.  I like someone who fights.  

• Love 3

@LibertarianSlut - I also remembered Kenya admitting that she uses “pieces” to supplement her natural hair on WWHL or something.

Tanya does seem a bit manic sometimes. I don’t need her to be Gloomy Gus like Nene at the last reunion, but I would appreciate if she could dial that 11 down to, like, an 8.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 1/20/2020 at 12:33 PM, dosodog said:

Sometimes I wonder if people are friends with Kenya because the alternative would be so draining.

It seems like being her friend is equally exhausting. Cynthia seems to getting weary of constantly having to attend to Kenya and her over-the-top drama.

20 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If your ex is that crazy, see your way off reality TV, for the good of everyone involved.  Come back if he gets himself locked up or something.  

I agree with this for the most part, but I can also see why Eva might feel safer with cameras and lots of witnesses around.

• Love 4

It was weak tea, but I didn't care that Tanya showed off Kenya's wig. As someone who's always going on about haircare and edges, I liked that she got busted for wearing a wig. Now, wearing a wig isn't a big deal in itself, but Kenya got a taste of the embarrassment that she likes to dish out to others.

Eva's emotion over Marley's name change did hit me in the feels. I don't know how wise it is to be on a reality show when you have a crazy ex lurking around, but crazy gon' crazy either with the cameras around or not, so I guess it doesn't matter. 

I hope it was janky editing, but Kenya seemed to have an attitude with the server when she was at lunch with Cynthia and Kandi. There was a mix-up with the appetizers, it seems, but my ears tend to perk up whenever I think waiters are getting attitude. Unless the service is terrible. 

20 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I agree with you that there are people who just want to ruin relationships.  Kenya is probably one of them.  The thing is, though, Kenya is a repeat player.  She is going to be around at least the rest of the season.  So if she were to come dropping tidbits, my defensive strategy would be to say, “yes, let’s hear allllllll about it,” and, if it turned out to be nothing, Kenya would look foolish, and she wouldn’t try me again, she’d try someone else.  And if she did try it with me again, she’d look foolish again, and I’d tell her we can keep doing this.  Because there is nothing to hide in my relationship.

Or another strategy is to seem completely unbothered and ignore the bitch.

Tanya pulled off neither of the above.  

Agreed. When you're dealing with someone like Kenya, you have to stand up to her and let her know in no uncertain terms that you're not going to put up with her bullshit. When she sees that she can't run game on you, she'll find other prey. It's how you stand up to bullies in school and in adulthood. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I hope it was janky editing, but Kenya seemed to have an attitude with the server when she was at lunch with Cynthia and Kandi. There was a mix-up with the appetizers, it seems, but my ears tend to perk up whenever I think waiters are getting attitude. Unless the service is terrible. 

Former server here.  It could definitely be wonky editing, but I think the server was at fault in that scene.  Kandi ordered the crab cakes and the southern salad with salmon (yes, I’m on a diet, so I’m living vicariously through anyone who eats anything yummy).  Kenya and Cynthia also ordered crab cakes.  The server probably inferred that Kandi ordered two things, so one was an appetizer, and since Kenya and Cynthia only ordered one thing, that was going to be their main course.

The problem is that a server is not supposed to infer in this scenario.  If it’s not clear, that goes on the staff member, and he should ask, “will that be as an appetizer or entree?”  If I was hungry and my friend had hot food sitting in front of her when I ordered the same thing at the same time, I’d be annoyed too.  And unfortunately the way the restaurant system works is that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  So if you are apparent about your justified annoyance, and you don’t hide it, you’ll most likely get your food quicker, and maybe even a table visit by the manager, which could result in rightfully getting something comped.

Agh, why do I always find myself standing up for Kenya??  This must be my punishment for something terrible I did in a past life.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I don't think Eva was trying to pass off the name change as an adoption.  Marley was the only one in the house with a different last name and she didn't like it.  Eva said that Marley said her teachers refused to call her by Sterling, so they legally changed it.  "Sperm donor" doesn't have to relinquish rights just yet and Marley feels like part of the family.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I am the type of woman that would want to know if rumors were circulating about my husband cheating. Definitely know I still got the goods and would at least want to return the betrayal 👅😂

Seriously hurt me seeing Porsha so sad over Dennis. She is too gorgeous sitting crying over him. Respect her decision but she should have hooked up with a hottie to lessen the sting. 

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, renatae said:

Anyone know when RHOA is coming back? No episode tonight, and the roster of upcoming shows on Comcast does not list any further episodes.

It’s off because of the Grammys, next weeks the Super Bowl and the following week the Oscars but apparently Shahs is premiering on Oscar night so maybe it will be on than as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 6:54 PM, biakbiak said:

It’s off because of the Grammys, next weeks the Super Bowl and the following week the Oscars but apparently Shahs is premiering on Oscar night so maybe it will be on than as well.

And still not even 1 page of replies.

• Love 3