Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Love

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am apparently in the minority, but I think all the people are at least reasonably attractive, and I much prefer it that the women aren't gorgeous (other than Taylor).

Me too!  I think the girls are all attractive, in their own natural way.

They're not Instagram models or movie stars or Hadid sisters, and I think we've become too accustomed to how people on t.v. "should" look.

They don't have blown-up lips, frozen foreheads, or hair straightened to within an inch of its life.  They're real girls.

I like that Mindy the Skater's teeth aren't perfect.  I like that Freckles Girl hasn't gone for skin lightening therapy.  And that Girl-with-natural-afro keeps it grown out.

In short, I like that they are representative of real girls out there, looking to find their guy.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

At the altar, IMO:

I think Mama's Boy Austin (Twin Jessica) and Fitness Guy Zach (Skater Mindy) will be disappointed. I can see Zach especially wanting a va-va-va-voom type. 

I think Freckles Katie might not be thrilled with Ashton Kutcher Derek,  but probably because he is very different in appearance from her "ex" (I'm guessing).

Mike will be so-so about Meka's hair, but only at first sight.

Brandon and Taylor will,  or should, be very pleased!

Mark my words — I do not think Taylor will be pleased.  I am not getting the genuinely sweet vibe that many of you are getting.  She thinks she deserves Channing Tatum (or whoever you kids think is hot these days) and will be unimpressed with both Brandon’s looks and general life standing.  Making all of this up — just a hunch I have on this pairing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

I think Katie is too young and too unstable because all of this "x" talk. The experts should have cut her lose but likely they wanted the drama this may bring.

Is the "x" going to show up and ask to her to get divorced?

• Love 10

The black girl is cute/pretty and the mixed girl is very attractive. The other two women are not super models and could use more polish IMO.

The figure skater girl's sister is very pretty, you can tell she would look a lot like her if she gained weight and grew out her hair. Katie's tanned skinned is aging her. The twin girl has swimmer's shoulder and manly muscular arms and doesn't seem super feminine. These three girls all seem like nice enough girls (despite Katie's immaturity) and truly deserving of love and marriage but I just wish they'd done more to invest in themselves in order to visually appear to more men. 

However the biggest problem this season isn't that the girls are unattractive, they're all fine, it's just that for some reason the men and women aren't on a similar playing fields in looks. The men that the other 3 women were matched with are better looking than them (clearer skin, more symmetrical features etc.) The opposite is true of Meka and Taylor who are are just as attractive (maybe more) than their husbands. 

If they are going to recruit guys from Tinder they should be recruiting women too. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, VagabondDays said:

Mark my words — I do not think Taylor will be pleased.  I am not getting the genuinely sweet vibe that many of you are getting.  She thinks she deserves Channing Tatum (or whoever you kids think is hot these days) and will be unimpressed with both Brandon’s looks and general life standing.  Making all of this up — just a hunch I have on this pairing.

She isn't sweet. She made a comment like I'm hot. Huge turn off for me. I really only want Meka (especially), the Twin, and the Figure Skater girl to find love....don't really care what happens to the rest. 

• Love 6

I thought all the men except fitness guy and Brandon were unattractive. I thought the pairings were pretty even, with all the women except the figure skater looking slightly better than their match and think they could do better, looks wise. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I called Taylor and Brandon as a match almost immediately ... they're both so pretty and, unlike last season's pretty couple, Keith and Iris, Taylor doesn't seem to have any *ahem* obvious issues. 

I don't see them as a match at all. She's a go-getter; he comes across as a slacker. She's high-maintenance; he's tacky with his clothes and with his body art. (the Candy Crush muscle shirt!!! The chest tattoo!!)

6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

At the altar, IMO:

I think Mama's Boy Austin (Twin Jessica) and Fitness Guy Zach (Skater Mindy) will be disappointed. I can see Zach especially wanting a va-va-va-voom type. 

I think they're evenly matched. He seems like a sweet, humble guy. I think he'll like her.

BTW, it seemed like his guy friend had a crush on him. At the tux-fitting, the friend kept going on and on about his hair and his over all "good looks."

1 hour ago, VagabondDays said:

I totally agree and I can't say I blame her. 

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Mindy is working her skater performance face.

Ah, yes...the Nancy Kerrigan look.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, OnTime said:

Anthony on the Chicago season said he was recruited on Tinder.  I think if they just matched the people that applied it would be better instead of searching for people.

But that being said, he is one of few successes.

Funny, I always thought Anthony was one of the homlier guys on the show and that the show definitely hooked him up with more attractive woman, at least in terms of the shallow world of looks.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5

Oh lord, here we go again.....as long as we are snarking on looks, here are my two cents......

Mindy looks closer to 40, but I still feel sorry for her bc no way is Zach in this for twoo luv......he is the most recruitiest recruitment that was ever recruited in the history of this show. I almost laughed when he was trying to come up with a reason he was doing this show when his friends asked him - dude, just say it: you whored yourself out to a basic cable show and agreed to a sham 8 week marriage to get exposure for yourself/business.....

Austin is probably in this for the right reasons, but damn, he looks like he’s maybe 18, at most? Lucky for him his bride is nice and not exactly a swimsuit model herself, speaking of.....

Taylor is super pretty but I gotta give some side eye to all the swimsuit pics - is it possible she was recruited too? She seems too good to be true....why the hell does she need this show?!?

I am already sick of Katie.

• Love 18

I, too, am sick of Katie. I'll give her one more week to turn it around, and if her attitude doesn't improve she is dead to me. And I like Derek a lot so far. I feel kind of bad for him being stuck with someone who's not really into it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transcript of preview for next week:

Quick clips of all the individuals prepping for the ceremony.

Mindy, in wedding dress and holding bouquet, standing at foot of stairs, says "I'm freaking out!", and looking like she's having a panic attack and hyperventilating.

Zach, in tux, with two of his friends, smiling nervously, sighs and says "I need a drink." 

Brandon, in tux, pacing up and down, says "Pretty [bleeping] intense right now."

Taylor, holding onto man's arm. He says "Stop shaking." She says "I know. I'm trying not to shake."

Austin, looking in mirror, picks up glass and takes a drink. Voiceover "Oh, this is it. I mean, I'm excited, I am nervous."

Jessica, in wedding dress with bouquet, takes a big breath and closes her eyes. Voiceover "This is crazy. This is really crazy."

Michael, in tux, outside, voiceover: "My life is definitely about to change."

Meka, in wedding dress with bouquet, "My heart is beating out of my chest...I'm gonna throw up." (She really does look like she wants to throw up).

Ashton, sorry, Derek, sitting on couch with mother. Mom is teary, and says, "You're my life. I don't want to lose you." Ashton: "I know."

Katie, in wedding dress, pacing up and down, "I don't want to do this." Cuts to Ashton waiting at altar. Katie: "I'm running."

Cut back to Ashton, with a heavy sigh, looking towards door, still waiting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, pretty much the same preview as every season. 

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I don't see them as a match at all. She's a go-getter; he comes across as a slacker. She's high-maintenance; he's tacky with his clothes and with his body art. (the Candy Crush muscle shirt!!! The chest tattoo!!)

Seriously, what was that shirt? That looked like something a 5 year old girl would wear.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, caligirljes said:

Is it me or do all but 2 of the guys seem gay??!? The Ashton Kutcher one seems straight & the momma’s boy. Other than that, my gay-day was pinging a million miles per second on the other 3 men!!! Thinking about it though, what a great way to hide in the closet ... 

Nah, I just think they're uber-metrosexual, that's all.  A lot of young men are like that these days.  I know young men like that in my husband's family - all as straight as they come.  My gaydar is excellent and it pinged a little with the three men you mention, but not enough for me to insist that any of them were gay or even bisexual.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The brides got along well, but the grooms seemed a bit bitchy with each other. I thought Chest Tattoo gave Personal Trainer an almost hostile look when they first met. Bootleg Ashton Kutcher was really snarky about his hair, too. Boys, boys--- you're all pretty!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Funny, I always thought Anthony was one of the homier guys on the show and that the show definitely hooked him up with more attractive woman, at least in terms of the shallow world of looks.

I remember thinking that about Anthony, plus his teeth were fake and that was her favorite part about him. Ashley had said she had just lost a significant amount of weight before coming on the show. I always felt like she still saw herself as her old self. I am glad they worked out and seem to be the happiest of the couples from this show

5 hours ago, VagabondDays said:

I think Taylor is playing up the science girl and really likes her side gig modeling and and attention. She has a bachelors degree in a science field and works in a lab, but that does not mean she is dull, she even said she is not interested in the nerdy guys at work. I went to college with many women who went into science fields and let me tell you some could party with the best of them and then get up at 7am and go to that lab or hospital and be a total professional.  I do give her and her husband a slightly higher chance (maybe she wants fame? and will stay married at least for awhile or maybe I am dead wrong about her) then Austin and Jessica. 

I just do not see Austin and Jessica working out. I have no clue why they would be a match at all?? She seems to be so mature and put together, she has life experience , a career she has been building for 10 years, she seems like the full package. He reminds me of 90 day fiance Colt! He loves his Mama and listens to Mama and works with computers and his first scenes on MAFS are almost just like Colt's (minus the Cats), he is talking about his mom and has a gaming computer out.  Austin seems like he is 20, in looks and life experience . Jessica just seems light years ahead. Again, why where they matched?

I just hope Katie's whole story is not the ex and her doubts. Please give her another story. After 10 seasons, I believe an ex could call, seems likely and I;m sure it could make you nervous and think. Lets just hope after the wedding, the story goes another way. I think they will have other hurdles. He seems conservative? is his family religious? I was confused at his family dinner. Did he say his mom was a devout Catholic living in South america? and his sisters or the females at the table were so quiet? and he has little dating experience and Katie seemed to have plenty. 

I also and hoping Meka and Michael are not Jasmine and Will 2.0. Why do the experts love ambition so much? Most of the success stories are from couples seeking average middle class type lives? Danielle and Bobby, Ashley and Anthony., Jepethe and Shawnice, Keith and Kristine all seem to want the suburan house and kids dream and work "regular" jobs, teachers, manager, sales, hairdresser, realtor etc. AJ and Steph seem to be the most driven but they were older and in established higher paying jobs. Ambition seems to be a relationship killer on this show and it was mentioned with 7 of the 10 people they picked as one of their biggest assets. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Outstanding dogs this season...

Muscle Man has 2 brown dogs and the only sources of any nice Zach comments coming from moi

Katie has a big lab, cute in the red/black bandana

Taylor has a fluffy collie...MAFS Lassie 

Austin...stop cupping your hands to swipe your hair off your forehead, you aren’t in a boy band....

Zach...the red camera light coming on is NOT your cue to peel off your shirt...you may think your chest is teevee gold but ugh, enough with the deodorant commercial moves

Derek is a young Mark Ruffalo look alike. Talking about all the animals you have eaten is not going to win vegan fans....

Meka’s mom TImeka and Taylor’s granny Carolyn both know how to dress well and present themselves befitting their teevee debuts...albeit a basic cable show

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, kerrieway said:

If they are going to recruit guys from Tinder they should be recruiting women too. 

I doubt they need to. I suspect the applicant pool for this show is the inverse of the Ashley Madison (that website for people looking to have affairs) pool. There was a huge data breach of that site a few years ago and it was revealed that it was like 90% men. I'd bet the pool for this show is vastly, vastly majority women - I think they recruit men from apps because if they didn't, there wouldn't be enough men to choose from.

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I know young men like that in my husband's family - all as straight as they come. 

I for one am glad it's at least somewhat on trend for men to, you know, dress well and groom themselves.

10 hours ago, Sterling said:

And that Girl-with-natural-afro keeps it grown out.

I love Meka's hair. She has on a wig in one of the talking heads - it's very quick - and I was like "Nooooo!" (Plus it's not a cute wig.)

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I doubt they need to. I suspect the applicant pool for this show is the inverse of the Ashley Madison (that website for people looking to have affairs) pool. There was a huge data breach of that site a few years ago and it was revealed that it was like 90% men. I'd bet the pool for this show is vastly, vastly majority women - I think they recruit men from apps because if they didn't, there wouldn't be enough men to choose from.

I for one am glad it's at least somewhat on trend for men to, you know, dress well and groom themselves.

I love Meka's hair. She has on a wig in one of the talking heads - it's very quick - and I was like "Nooooo!" (Plus it's not a cute wig.)

The joke has always been the the type of man that is organically signing up for this show looks like a goblin, has no job, and expects to be hooked up with a woman that looks like a hybrid of Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Sterling said:

Me too!  I think the girls are all attractive, in their own natural way.

They're not Instagram models or movie stars or Hadid sisters, and I think we've become too accustomed to how people on t.v. "should" look.

They don't have blown-up lips, frozen foreheads, or hair straightened to within an inch of its life.  They're real girls.

I like that Mindy the Skater's teeth aren't perfect.  I like that Freckles Girl hasn't gone for skin lightening therapy.  And that Girl-with-natural-afro keeps it grown out.

In short, I like that they are representative of real girls out there, looking to find their guy.

I hope the grooms feel similarly to you. J/S.

As for myself: I snark, therefore I am....here.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Derek... please don't be Ricky Bobby over Katie...she's too doubtful and conflicted over her Messing With Her Head Boy to fall madly in love with you at First Sight...

Katie's mom says MWHH is a jerk

Derek deserves better than have to compete with a guy still in the picture.

Kate should recuse herself but is seen whining about her predicament to Mindy at the bachelorette party

*Spoiler alert* The tease shows Derek in his blue Jersey Boy tux waiting  at the alter

Way to ruin it for us... MAFS producers....

• Love 3
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I, too, am sick of Katie. I'll give her one more week to turn it around, and if her attitude doesn't improve she is dead to me. And I like Derek a lot so far. I feel kind of bad for him being stuck with someone who's not really into it.

I agree, but sadly, I fear we have already been introduced to Katie's "storyline"......I really feel like one of the MAJOR things theses putzes should be looking at closely is past relationships. This isn't the first time an ex has loomed large in the plot for a participant. I think they should immediately be out of the running if there are still any kind of feelings for someone else happening. I don't know why she wasn't yanked the minute she started spouting off about this guy. Oh wait, never mind. See "storyline" comment above.........

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I also and hoping Meka and Michael are not Jasmine and Will 2.0. Why do the experts love ambition so much? Most of the success stories are from couples seeking average middle class type lives? Danielle and Bobby, Ashley and Anthony., Jepethe and Shawnice, Keith and Kristine all seem to want the suburan house and kids dream and work "regular" jobs, teachers, manager, sales, hairdresser, realtor etc. AJ and Steph seem to be the most driven but they were older and in established higher paying jobs. Ambition seems to be a relationship killer on this show and it was mentioned with 7 of the 10 people they picked as one of their biggest assets. 

Shawniece was ambitious - she wanted to own her own salon. IIRC it was part of why she lived at home, to save money to start a business. I think Kristine had big ambitions related to her real estate career; there was a lot of talk on the boards (and I think from the experts, although I could be misremembering) about whether or not Keith was driven enough for Kristine.

Ambition can indeed be a relationship killer if people aren't on the same page about it. Lily and Tom are a prime example - she wanted an upwardly mobile life; Tom wanted to live on his bus, work when he wanted, and go to the beach. The only way "one ambitious one, one less ambitious one" works is if the less ambitious one is willing to prop up the ambitious one. That wasn't Tom.

DC is pretty career-oriented place, I think if for no other reason than it's expensive as hell to live there so you need to be bringing in decent money to function. All of the people on this iteration seemed to have impressive-sounding jobs (I wondered if Taylor's three jobs were due to high student loans - she said she'd been on her own for school), with the possible exception of Brandon's "beer sales."

• Love 7

I think Freckles was hired by production, not chosen by the therapists. Have there always been 5 couples? I thought it was always 4.  If this lame show puts up with some cry baby telling everybody that will listen that her ex wants her back and she's even considering it, she should get booted off the show right away! She's going to be the one that drops out, then they will be back to 4 couples, as originally planned. She won't even make it to the alter, the show is looking to shake things up for some stupid drama but this is an epic fail. Stop wasting the viewers time with this mess!

Furthermore, Freckles is only 26. Why the desperation to get married anyway? 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Freckles was hired by production, not chosen by the therapists. Have there always been 5 couples? I thought it was always 4.  If this lame show puts up with some cry baby telling everybody that will listen that her ex wants her back and she's even considering it, she should get booted off the show right away! She's going to be the one that drops out, then they will be back to 4 couples, as originally planned. She won't even make it to the alter, the show is looking to shake things up for some stupid drama but this is an epic fail. Stop wasting the viewers time with this mess!

Furthermore, Freckles is only 26. Why the desperation to get married anyway? 

I started watching in the Atlanta season and there were 3 couples then. I think 4 started with Philly, so pretty recently.

• Love 1

Skater Girl is 34 but could pass for early 40s.  I wonder if/how soon she wants kids.  And then there's Freckles who wants to start a family ASAP because of her diabetes problems.  It'll be interesting to get the reactions from the husbands. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

And then there's Freckles who wants to start a family ASAP because of her diabetes problems. 

Yeah, and does she seriously think the guy who didn't want her until she was unavailable is that guy???

And now that I think about it,  not one word from Derek about wanting a family either. Lots about being a romantic, but I didn't hear any yearnings to start a family. This seems like a big fail on the part of the experts as well as he is also pretty young.......

• Love 3

So Katie hooks up with a guy off tinder for a few weeks and that’s where her ambivalence comes from? Good lord, get this girl off my screen. 

Figure skater is thin but doesn’t look fitness thin, more like break a hip thin and her face is so stern and sharp looking. A very long in the tooth 34 year old. 

Please just say no to pimply faced momma boy. The twin is way to mature and looks like she could take him in a fight and make him cry. 

Meka is my stand out favorite at the moment. She reminds me of Joan Armatrading. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Please just say no to pimply faced momma boy. The twin is way to mature and looks like she could take him in a fight and make him cry. 

Meka is my stand out favorite at the moment. She reminds me of Joan Armatrading. 

Hah!  Yes, she really does look like she could take him in a fight.

I like Meka too so far.  I'm glad you mentioned Joan Armatrading. I hadn't heard her name in years but Meka does remind me of her. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

DC is pretty career-oriented place, I think if for no other reason than it's expensive as hell to live there so you need to be bringing in decent money to function. All of the people on this iteration seemed to have impressive-sounding jobs (I wondered if Taylor's three jobs were due to high student loans - she said she'd been on her own for school), with the possible exception of Brandon's "beer sales."

Reality shows in the past have liked to twist job titles. I don;t think his beer sales is a bad job. I bet he a rep for a company that goes to stores or restaurants and makes sure products are stocked, new ads put out, new products tried etc. Usually these people have college degrees and the jobs have good benefits and decent pay. My friend's husband was called the soup guy, he worked fro Campbells going from grocery store to grocery store making sure products were displayed, stocked and branded right. It was a cushy job, paid more then teaching or nursing where we lived and was sure a lot less stressful. 

The guys in computers, you never know what they make, there is such a wide swing of salary. My teenage son has a cyber security degree (he was able to get it while finishing high school) but without years of experience and the right certifications  the salary is low. 90 day finance showed Colt as being a software engineer. He worked for a company with low wages, it is a gaming company, cool job, but low pay. There was a reason he was living with Ma. Of course if you google software engineer you see salaries close to 100k but Colt was making closer to 40k .  While medical researcher sounds like a great title, without a grad degree, it could be lower paying. My friend with a duel degree in Chemistry and Biology working in research at a University makes 35k a year. She is doing it because she wants experience in the field while she applies to grad school but is barely pays off her loans. I think there is a reason Taylor drives for uber and models , her first job is not paying that well. I do appreciate her hussle with 3 jobs. 

Meka's job title could mean so many things and could mean a wide range of salaries.  I;m sure anyone who is living on their own in the DC area has be be doing pretty well at their job with the cost of living. Do we know if they all lived on their own? I thought at least one female looked like she was living at home or in a basement?  I guess we will find out, and we will find out Maryland vs DC vs Virginia living soon.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Figure skater is thin but doesn’t look fitness thin, more like break a hip thin and her face is so stern and sharp looking. A very long in the tooth 34 year old. 

I know, I just can't get past the appearance of some of these people.  Pimples, moles, freckles, bad fright wigs, greasy prep school hair, big buck teeth, gaunt features, bad tattoos.....Geesh, I was no Instagram model when I was young but yikes, I didn't have any of THOSE issues!  The twin is one of the only ones without anything majorly annoying about her appearance or personality, at least that I know of for now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I know, I just can't get past the appearance of some of these people.  Pimples, moles, freckles, bad fright wigs, greasy prep school hair, big buck teeth, gaunt features, bad tattoos.....Geesh, I was no Instagram model when I was young but yikes, I didn't have any of THOSE issues!  The twin is one of the only ones without anything majorly annoying about her appearance or personality, at least that I know of for now.

Count yourself lucky, then. Pimples, moles, freckles, buck teeth and gaunt features are all things I think should be off the table, as they are developed through no fault of the owner (in the majority of cases; I know you can get acne by not taking care of your skin, but most people with it do all they can to remedy it) and can cost a lot of money to get fixed.  The bad wigs, greasy hair, and bad tattoos, on the other hand, can be helped, along with the choice of clothing people wear.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 6
On 1/1/2020 at 8:18 PM, potatochips said:

That bachelorette party was a trashy mess. I've been married a long time and might be out of touch but I don't think most brides would want that kind of a party.

This. On what planet does anybody want to give a lap dance to their friends/boss?!???? Is the production going even cheaper this season to the point that they can't even get them strippers now? The whole situation was beyond weird. I really wish they would just let each bride/groom have their own pre-wedding party however they want it to be and with whoever they want. The forced interactions are bizarre and under these circumstances probably a little uncomfortable for some of the people.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

Meka's job title could mean so many things and could mean a wide range of salaries.

What's her title, again? Is it something vague like Jasmine's "assistant director" title?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

This. On what planet does anybody want to give a lap dance to their friends/boss?!???? Is the production going even cheaper this season to the point that they can't even get them strippers now? The whole situation was beyond weird. I really wish they would just let each bride/groom have their own pre-wedding party however they want it to be and with whoever they want. The forced interactions are bizarre and under these circumstances probably a little uncomfortable for some of the people.

Even weirder to me was how some of the girls were acting like this was a completely normal and accepted a ritual at a bachelorette party. I don't think I've ever seen the bride required to give everyone at the party a lap dance. Maybe it's a regional thing?? I mean, sure, the entire party got up on stage and very, very poorly and drunkenly pole danced at the last one I attended, but it was Vegas and the bride is in sales for adult "novelty" items, so it was a very different scene and it was definitely not planned.

• Love 8

The strange thing was that the men at their bachelor party seemed rather reserved compared to the women at their drunken humpfest bachelorette party.  It was not a good look for them.

• Love 3

I think Katie and Derek (not sure if he is the right one) get married because we saw their wedding pictures in the article about the new couples, so unless they took pictures ahead of the actual wedding, they do get married. I also think that she should not be in this show at this time. She is getting married to make the ex jealous and/or to hurry up and make a baby. She is way too immature and is in no way even close to being ready to be a therapist!!!!

I also think twin sister (Jesse?) is getting married because she is behind her twin and wants to catch up. This is another Amber from last time who was so desperate for the fairy tale. I do hope that this one is not as needy and doormatty.

Edited by Retired at last
Added more thoughts
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

What's her title, again? Is it something vague like Jasmine's "assistant director" title?

It has been shown as Analyst and Category Analyst, which could mean anything from marketing to a tech computer type job? 

When I was double checking what they had her listed as soap dirt has an interview up with her. Won't say more here because of possible spoilers. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Count yourself lucky, then. Pimples, moles, freckles, buck teeth and gaunt features are all things I think should be off the table, as they are developed through no fault of the owner (in the majority of cases; I know you can get acne by not taking care of your skin, but most people with it do all they can to remedy it) and can cost a lot of money to get fixed.  The bad wigs, greasy hair, and bad tattoos, on the other hand, can be helped, along with the choice of clothing people wear.  

It seems that there are two types of Reality TV Relationship shows: those like "The Bachelor" franchise where good looks are basically mandatory; and the more marriage-oriented shows such as "MAFS" and "90 DF" where it's hit or miss.

But since this program actually has the words "first sight" in its title, I'm playing along, but more than willing to have the profound transcend the superficial, for better or worse. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

It seems that there are two types of Reality TV Relationship shows: those like "The Bachelor" franchise where good looks are basically mandatory; and the more marriage-oriented shows such as "MAFS" and "90 DF" where it's hit or miss.

But since this program actually has the words "first sight" in its title, I'm playing along, but more than willing to have the profound transcend the superficial, for better or worse. 

That's one of the most terrifying factors of this show. Without knowing what the other person looks like, you have no idea if you'll be physically attracted to them or not.

Looks obviously aren't the most important thing, although having an attraction to the person you're going to spend your life with is definitely a positive. But the "experts" aren't going to know if there will be that spark or not. 

I always find it super weird when people in their mid-twenties go on this show. They have plenty of time, so why resort to this? Is the chance to be on a TV show and self-promote really worth a potential divorce? 

• Love 6

The premise of the show is, supposed to be, let the 'experts' find the best match (yeah, I know 🙄) then do the work to make a marriage happen. It's not supposed to be, if attracted will do the work to make a marriage happen. They're not promised any models, & no guarantee they'd be attracted to a 'model' either. This show is going in blindly, so they have to be willing to risk that & make it work. If they don't want to take a chance on not being attracted to someone, they always have real life to find someone instead of a teevee show.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 1:26 AM, Ilovepie said:

Austin is probably in this for the right reasons, but damn, he looks like he’s maybe 18, at most? Lucky for him his bride is nice and not exactly a swimsuit model herself, speaking of.....

It is hard to believe that he is 31 but I think he will age well. Jessica is also 31 so maybe they have a chance.

I think Austin could look very nice with a haircut. At least his hair isn't full of gel like Dallas Bobby.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3
On 1/1/2020 at 6:24 PM, Ohwell said:

I'm sorry Vocal Fry Child Therapist has Type 1 diabetes but, frankly, she just doesn't look well.  And she has bad skin. 

She needs to stick out her chin & those TEETH! 😨 Are they not allowed to see themselves on camera?? Her hubs is def the hot one! 😂

• Love 1
On 1/1/2020 at 10:25 PM, qtpye said:

He kind of reminded me of the actor who played Napoleon Dynamite...who is actually nice looking.

Napoleon Dynamite!! I thought the same. He looked better, his hair, in that throwback pic with his niece & that SKIN!! YIKES!! Reminds me of Bobby.

• Love 2

EXACTLY! They need to 'recruit' men! It's not a line around the block to sign up to get married! 😂😂 What happened to New Orleans? I thought they were casting there.

• Love 1

ICANTEVEN!! There are ads on this page for rings & shoes!! 😂😂 This episode really made me think of what I'd want my wedding to be like... Can't believe Michael went with white, like Will. His beard makes me barf! The blue was nice, but I'd like a dark teal. Too bad it'd conflict with my colors, I think. & I already have my wedding shoes! Haha! Most of the dresses were meh & I lost track! 😅 They're not even going to air ALL of the weddings next week! WHAT are they doing with the extra time?? UGH

12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

"The Bachelor" franchise where good looks are basically mandatory; 

Eh. Decent looks, but std-free... Now THAT'S MANDATORY!! 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 1

Idk. I think guys are more accepting of their wives, more receptive to different looks. Whereas, women are more picky. It's an evolution/mate thing. Regarding the show, I only recall 2 expressed disappointments at the wedding: Jamie & Luke. So, it's been even. Ha