Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Love

• Start Topic

Five couples have only two weeks to plan their weddings, celebrate their final days of being single and reveal to their family and friends that they are getting married to a stranger.

Geeze.  While the ice skater was telling her sister she was getting married, the sister was throwing and rocking the baby all over the place.  I thought the kid would barf all over or fall on the floor.  A little too much?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Geeze.  While the ice skater was telling her sister she was getting married, the sister was throwing and rocking the baby all over the place.  I thought the kid would barf all over or fall on the floor.  A little too much?

I felt so sorry for that poor baby!

Brandon has a sexy voice.  

• Love 10

Silver Bells.... The wild swaying and rocking of the baby was driving me crazy.  I had to turn my head ...Then when she started feeding with the bottle she swung into high gear with the rocking and rolling... Thst poor kid.  I raced to the boards to see if I was the only one annoyed by it. 

• Love 2

Silver Bells.... The wild swaying and rocking of the baby was driving me crazy.  I had to turn my head ...Then when she started feeding with the bottle she swung into high gear with the rocking and rolling... Thst poor kid.  I raced to the boards to see if I was the only one annoyed by it. 

I don't see Mindy the Skinny Skater as a good match to the Fitness Dude, even though there's that athletics connection. I don't know; I just find her skeletal visage (which emphasizes her gigantic teeth) to be off-putting.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
36 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Damn kid was completely unnecessary and super annoying to watch

• Love 8

Only like one couple out of five.  The pretty girl with a lot of curly hair and her partner with the electric blue suit.  Brandon and Taylor.  That’s it.  The rest are eh.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 15

I don't understand, is that a lesbian bar where the women had their bachelorette party, or was it a private party just for them?  At any rate, I wouldn't have been dry humping my  female friends.  It looks like the men are at a bar with women in the background.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
35 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't see Mindy the Skinny Skater as a good match to the Fitness Dude, even though there's that athletics connection. I don't know; I just find her skeletal visage (which emphasizes her gigantic teeth) to be off-putting.

Even tho the three therapists have degrees don’t mean they can match.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

As usual, the reasons for the experts pairing these couples are terrible.

Did the “ experts” ever hear opposites attract?  I’m married forever and  have little in common with the husband.   I hope they spruce those brides up for the wedding with makeup and fabulous hair styles.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Did the “ experts” ever hear opposites attract?  I’m married forever and  have little in common with the husband.

But do you both like croutons? Or watching TV? Or not puking all day? Then we could have told you were the perfect couple years ago.

• LOL 21
45 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Only like one couple out of five.  The pretty girl with a lot of curly hair and her partner with the electric blue suit.  Brandon and Taylor.  That’s it.  The rest are eh.

I like them, too. I first thought Brandon was arrogant, but he calmed down and became very likable over the course of the episode. Taylor the research scientist is simultaneously smart and dim-witted as hell. When Mindy (?) said her parents aren’t coming to the wedding, Taylor goes, “Is it because they’re poor or something?” Bwah!

I also like the low-rent Ashton Kutcher— is his name Derek? Too bad he’s been matched with a woman who might not want to be there. Why wouldn’t the producers step in if one of the brides is openly pining over her ex? That’s not fair to her match at all. 

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

But do you both like croutons? Or watching TV? Or not puking all day? Then we could have told you were the perfect couple years ago.

Love at first site from across the room. Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

This seems like a potential train wreck season.  All that can make it worse is another "Couples Couch".  And I bet if it is back, Jamie and Beth are on.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mercolleen said:

As usual, the reasons for the experts pairing these couples are terrible.

I wonder who they turned down to pick these ten? Are having tattoos now required to be on this show?

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, topanga said:

I like them, too. I first thought Brandon was arrogant, but he calmed down and became very likable over the course of the episode. Taylor the research scientist is simultaneously smart and dim-witted as hell. When Mindy (?) said her parents aren’t coming to the wedding, Taylor goes, “Is it because they’re poor or something?” Bwah!

I thought she said because they're far. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Austin, get a grown-up haircut, and we'll talk.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

And cut off mama's apron strings.

He kind of reminded me of the actor who played Napoleon Dynamite...who is actually nice looking.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

That bachelorette party was silly.  Lap dance for friends?  Really???

I too like Taylor and her guy.

I think freckles would be foolish to give up and go back to the guy that didn't want her until she was picked but I guess the heart wants what the heart wants!g

• Love 9

Is it me or do all but 2 of the guys seem gay??!? The Ashton Kutcher one seems straight & the momma’s boy. Other than that, my gay-day was pinging a million miles per second on the other 3 men!!! Thinking about it though, what a great way to hide in the closet ... 

• Love 7

By the looks of these comments, did the show advertise?  If I didn’t read the t.v. Guide, I wouldn’t have known.  The guys are o.k.  The girls, not so much, except Taylor, IMO.  Some look too dull for good t.v.  Change the experts.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

He kind of reminded me of the actor who played Napoleon Dynamite...who is actually nice looking.

I thought the same thing, and mentioned it to my husband. Austin looks like Jon Heder, especially with the way he has his hair. 

Edited by amcfar
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

By the looks of these comments, did the show advertise?  If I didn’t read the t.v. Guide, I wouldn’t have known.  The guys are o.k.  The girls, not so much, except Taylor, IMO.  Some look too dull for good t.v.  Change the experts.

The guys seem a little to photogenic to me and seem like they have been recruited, which makes me doubt their intentions.

27 minutes ago, amcfar said:

I thought the same thing, and mentioned it to my husband. Looks like Jon Heder, especially with the way he has his hair. 

I always thought Jon Heder was a total cutie so your husband must be one, too.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't understand, is that a lesbian bar where the women had their bachelorette party, or was it a private party just for them?  At any rate, I wouldn't have been dry humping my  female friends.  It looks like the men are at a bar with women in the background.

It's not a lesbian bar - I think they were in a private room and it was just them and their friends. 

Pacifiers do the trick for fussy babies., not bouncing.

Depends on the baby. That one was a cutie and seemed happy to be tossed around.

• Love 7

By the end of the show I was yelling at the TV, "OMG, Katie, SHUT UP!!!" So, she is totally annoying and I do hope we don't have to hear all about her ex the entire time. She is way too immature to be married and she must have been a therapist for about 5 minutes. She is barely old enough to have done any real work outside of college. And they are matching her with a Mama's Boy? Well, I remember thinking that Bobby Dodd might have been too immature, and he turned out great.

I can't tell the other women, except for Taylor, apart yet. And why did they have to pick another woman who needed to be married because her identical twin sister was and she felt left out? Did they learn nothing from last season's Amber???

As others have said, the men seem more grounded, and I am guessing that most of them were recruited. 

Not sure about this season, but if they make Katie the focus, then I'm out. I do think Brandon will be happy when he sees Taylor, especially on the honeymoon. She can rock a bikini!

Are they all getting married at the same hotel?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

[Katie] is way too immature to be married and she must have been a therapist for about 5 minutes. She is barely old enough to have done any real work outside of college.

I think she's exaggerating her title - like, she will be a child therapist when she's finished with grad school. She said she was "almost done with grad school," so at the time of filming she probably had a BA in psychology. I have one; you can't counsel with it. If you want to do counseling work, you have to get another degree.

7 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

As others have said, the men seem more grounded, and I am guessing that most of them were recruited. 

I say this all the time, but I'd bet the vast majority of the men who have been on this show are recruited. Brandon's grandmother was like, "You don't have a problem finding friends, what are you doing?" The fitness guy (is his name Zach?) is giving me strong vibes like that - so of course, they set him up with the most emotionally fragile one.

• Love 11

I grew up in DC and now live just outside in the 'burbs.  My girlfriends and I used to joke that, unless the guy had one eye in the middle of his forehead like a cyclops, he should have no trouble finding a woman to marry.   Even the one-eyed dude could get lucky if he had enough money.

So yeah, I do think these guys were recruited, especially Brandon.  Just listening to him would have me ready to drop my panties.  I do detect a bit of arrogance from him but I'll see how things play out with him. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I think the personal trainer guy was not only recruited, but is actively engaging in the process to highlight his business.  All the shirtless workout photos, plus his "nice guy persona" is what he's hoping to up his IG game.  

Mindy, his soon-to-be skater wife?  She'll be gone by the end of the season.  I do feel bad for her, as not having parental support, plus having had a sister dying of drug overdose, well that's hard to handle.  You'd think that in losing one child, they'd be more open to supporting one who's clearly doing good things for herself (with her skating career, and overall lifestyle), but we never know what goes on in family dynamics behind closed doors, do we.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I grew up in DC and now live just outside in the 'burbs.  My girlfriends and I used to joke that, unless the guy had one eye in the middle of his forehead like a cyclops, he should have no trouble finding a woman to marry.   Even the one-eyed dude could get lucky if he had enough money.

So yeah, I do think these guys were recruited, especially Brandon.  Just listening to him would have me ready to drop my panties.  I do detect a bit of arrogance from him but I'll see how things play out with him. 

Yeah, Brandon should have no problem getting marries. His grandmother was gorgeous and I can totally understand why she was so baffled.

2 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I think the personal trainer guy was not only recruited, but is actively engaging in the process to highlight his business.  All the shirtless workout photos, plus his "nice guy persona" is what he's hoping to up his IG game.  

Mindy, his soon-to-be skater wife?  She'll be gone by the end of the season.  I do feel bad for her, as not having parental support, plus having had a sister dying of drug overdose, well that's hard to handle.  You'd think that in losing one child, they'd be more open to supporting one who's clearly doing good things for herself (with her skating career, and overall lifestyle), but we never know what goes on in family dynamics behind closed doors, do we.

I hope we don't get another Kate/Luke or Sonya/Nick or Texas Dave/Amber, where the guy will way all the right things for the camera and constantly promote his business, but the woman knows he is not into her at all. In these situations the show loves to make the woman looks crazy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
46 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

By the end of the show I was yelling at the TV, "OMG, Katie, SHUT UP!!!" So, she is totally annoying and I do hope we don't have to hear all about her ex the entire time. She is way too immature to be married and she must have been a therapist for about 5 minutes. She is barely old enough to have done any real work outside of college. And they are matching her with a Mama's Boy? Well, I remember thinking that Bobby Dodd might have been too immature, and he turned out great.

I can't tell the other women, except for Tylor, apart yet. And why did they have to pick another woman who needed to be married because her identical twin sister was and she felt left out? Did they learn nothing from last season's Amber???

Not sure about this season, but if they make Katie the focus, then I'm out. I do think Brandon will be happy when he sees Taylor, especially on the honeymoon. She can rock a bikini!

Are they all getting married at the same hotel?

I don't know names yet, but the diabetic with the ex is paired with the Ashton Kutcher lookalike who's never been in love. The mama's boy is paired with the twin who grew up on a Christmas tree farm.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I hope we don't get another Kate/Luke or Sonya/Nick or Texas Dave/Amber, where the guy will way all the right things for the camera and constantly promote his business, but the woman knows he is not into her at all. In these situations the show loves to make the woman looks crazy.

That's my fear for skater Mindy.  In her skating world, there is so much self-esteem damage that can come from weight, looks, and ability, and having another Luke/Texas Dave situation, on top of what she's already gone through, could be really damaging.  

I hope I'm wrong, but I foresee bad things for this couple.  I'm happy that she at least has her sister on her team, as I fear she'll need a shoulder.  

• Love 5