Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Love

• Start Topic

I agree with the above poster that thinks some men were recruited, and I go further to say that most of the men on past seasons have also probably been recruited. Especially to be camera ready. This is a general, broad statement to make concerning men- but in "my" experience, men are very visual when picking out their partners. Women tend to fall in love even if the man isn't visually as appealing as they would like. But rarely, do men fall for women, unless they are attracted instantly. I know, I know, there are exceptions- however, in my personal experience, this has been a rule rather than exception. So yeah, I am guessing heavy recruiting with the men. Otherwise we'd be seeing a bunch of incels and/or less than attractive males. I am sure they are picking out willing men from dating websites. Who are less likely looking for a wife, and more interested in being on camera. 

I will NEVER understand why anyone would want to go on this show after recently suffering major trauma! For WHY? Maybe I am a slow healer? But there was a woman once on this show who's fiancé had just died, I think it was the Boston season? And now the one this season with a recent miscarriage/death in the family? I mean... wow. I would NOT be wanting to help a virtual stranger unpack that kind of baggage right off the bat. Even if she doesn't express her grief outwardly, surely it has to still be festering on the inside? The start of the relationship should be breezy ffs, not a therapy session. I just do not see how someone could be ready for a marriage or even dating after such a traumatic experience. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

I wonder who they turned down to pick these ten? Are having tattoos now required to be on this show?

The recruitment episode had some moments of high comedy. One guy said he couldn't be with someone who didn't like cilantro.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm going to predict that only one of the brides will be disappointed at first sight, but that at least two of the grooms will be.

Please elaborate! 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

The recruitment episode had some moments of high comedy. One guy said he couldn't be with someone who didn't like cilantro.

I rewound to make sure I heard that right!  That was so hilarious.

It's reminiscent of Seinfeld, eschewing a woman because she ate her peas one at a time, the horror.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

The guys seem a little to photogenic to me and seem like they have been recruited, which makes me doubt their intentions.

I always thought Jon Heder was a total cutie so your husband must be one, too.

Sorry, I didn't mean that my husband looks like Jon. While watching the show, I made the comment to my husband that Austin looks like Jon. Fixed it in the original post. FWIW, my husband is handsome though. 🙂 Just a very different look than Jon's. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Cammi said:

I will NEVER understand why anyone would want to go on this show after recently suffering major trauma! For WHY? Maybe I am a slow healer? But there was a woman once on this show who's fiancé had just died, I think it was the Boston season? And now the one this season with a recent miscarriage/death in the family? I mean... wow. I would NOT be wanting to help a virtual stranger unpack that kind of baggage right off the bat. Even if she doesn't express her grief outwardly, surely it has to still be festering on the inside? The start of the relationship should be breezy ffs, not a therapy session. I just do not see how someone could be ready for a marriage or even dating after such a traumatic experience. 

I agree.  While I feel for the woman having to go through so much trauma, I do think it's rather unfair to the man she's paired up with to have to help her deal with her issues.  I don't think she should have been selected.   Although not nearly as serious, it reminds me of Keith being paired with Iris The Virgin.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Why is Katie wasting everyone's time if she's having second thoughts? She should have told the experts so that they could have found a better match for the person she's about to marry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
13 hours ago, potatochips said:

Freckle girl is on my nerves already. I would expect a "therapist" to be more savvy about the ex boyfriend 's manipulation and less ambivalent about her own feelings.

Ah yes, in the real world, but this is all about the drah-ma.  Just like Zach, trainer guy is 100% doing this to further his career.  I was yelling at the tv when he was sitting at lunch telling his friends the news and they're looking at him like he's grown a second head and asking, but why "this way?"  I was thinking it'd be so real to just have him say, "d'uh, promotion, promotion, promotion!"

• Love 18
14 hours ago, potatochips said:

Freckle girl is on my nerves already. I would expect a "therapist" to be more savvy about the ex boyfriend 's manipulation and less ambivalent about her own feelings.

She said the ex had been messing with her the last couple of weeks and that because of that she's ruled him out as an option.  That means she was seeing this guy during the process of applying and through the interviews.  That's where the therapists, producers, everyone has shown their true colors about this show.  She has no business being on the show.  This is going to leave her emotionally scarred.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

While I feel for the woman having to go through so much trauma, I do think it's rather unfair to the man she's paired up with to have to help her deal with her issues. 

I agree and I also think it was a bad move to match Katie. Not only is she still interested in her ex but she has the very serious disease of type 1 diabetes. Not to say she shouldn't marry but I believe her partner should have the choice to join in such a journey not have it thrown in their lap. 

• Love 13

I can't wait to see all of their skeletons come out.  The first episode is always sunshine and roses, then the ugly previews begin.

Just gotta say though, that I was SO RELIEVED that there was no mention of anyone's VIRGINITY.  YES ! ! ! !

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Yes, those recruitment short takes were funny. Besides the cilantro quote, did anyone catch the guy who worships the devil?

LOLOL the devil worshiper (I think his name was Tyler? He got a lot of snippet screen time ... wasn't he the one who also just wanted someone good in the sack? I think he was there on a bet or dare.)

I couldn't totally disagree with cilantro guy ... I'm a "no cilantro" girl and luckily, though hubby actually likes cilantro, he loves me enough to not put it in anything he's cooking for both of us. 

I called Taylor and Brandon as a match almost immediately ... they're both so pretty and, unlike last season's pretty couple, Keith and Iris, Taylor doesn't seem to have any *ahem* obvious issues. 

I'm hoping that some of the Primetimer sleuths among us will be able to dig up the true identities (and current towns/areas) of the 10 folks ... as a DMV denizen of 30 years, I'm always curious to see if I can recognize areas/neighborhoods/restaurants, etc. on these things. I have to assume at least a few of them live in NoVa or Maryland burbs rather than DC "proper" ... one of them (the tall twin) looks SO familiar but she may just be someone who looks like other people (aside from her twin). 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

LOLOL the devil worshiper (I think his name was Tyler? He got a lot of snippet screen time ... wasn't he the one who also just wanted someone good in the sack? I think he was there on a bet or dare.)

I couldn't totally disagree with cilantro guy ... I'm a "no cilantro" girl and luckily, though hubby actually likes cilantro, he loves me enough to not put it in anything he's cooking for both of us. 

I called Taylor and Brandon as a match almost immediately ... they're both so pretty and, unlike last season's pretty couple, Keith and Iris, Taylor doesn't seem to have any *ahem* obvious issues. 

I'm hoping that some of the Primetimer sleuths among us will be able to dig up the true identities (and current towns/areas) of the 10 folks ... as a DMV denizen of 30 years, I'm always curious to see if I can recognize areas/neighborhoods/restaurants, etc. on these things. I have to assume at least a few of them live in NoVa or Maryland burbs rather than DC "proper" ... one of them (the tall twin) looks SO familiar but she may just be someone who looks like other people (aside from her twin). 

Taylor is a Johns Hopkins Researcher and a swimsuit model.  That is damn impressive. They will make a beautiful couple....so fingers crossed.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

I hope we don't get another Kate/Luke or Sonya/Nick or Texas Dave/Amber, where the guy will way all the right things for the camera and constantly promote his business, but the woman knows he is not into her at all. In these situations the show loves to make the woman looks crazy.

What  business was Texas Dave promoting? I don't remember him trying to promote anything.

The only business that got promoted was Lifetime Fitness!!

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

What  business was Texas Dave promoting? I don't remember him trying to promote anything.

The only business that got promoted was Lifetime Fitness!!

Honestly, he was not promoting a business but he was done on the honeymoon when he found out about gym guy. This was not the issue since he has a right not to like her for whatever reason. The issue is that they made Amber look pathetic and crazy because he said the right things on camera. He even stayed with her on decision day. She knew he was not into the marriage and was not being honest with her and the show.

• Love 3

I can't tell the other women, except for Taylor, apart yet. And why did they have to pick another woman who needed to be married because her identical twin sister was and she felt left out? Did they learn nothing from last season's Amber???

Katie reminds me a lot of last season's Amber and not in a good way.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Cammi said:

I agree with the above poster that thinks some men were recruited, and I go further to say that most of the men on past seasons have also probably been recruited. Especially to be camera ready. This is a general, broad statement to make concerning men- but in "my" experience, men are very visual when picking out their partners. Women tend to fall in love even if the man isn't visually as appealing as they would like. But rarely, do men fall for women, unless they are attracted instantly. I know, I know, there are exceptions- however, in my personal experience, this has been a rule rather than exception. So yeah, I am guessing heavy recruiting with the men. Otherwise we'd be seeing a bunch of incels and/or less than attractive males. I am sure they are picking out willing men from dating websites. Who are less likely looking for a wife, and more interested in being on camera. 

To piggyback onto this, in my experience, straight men who:

• Are at least average-looking
  • Have fair personalities or better
  • Have a social network or other way to pretty consistently meet women
  • Live in cities where straight women outnumber straight men (as I think the DMV area is - NYC and Atlanta definitely are such cities)
  • Have jobs that sound pretty good (I heard a guy lament that he wasn't getting any attention on dating apps and he suspected it was because he's an Uber driver)
  • Want to get married 

usually get married. There are exceptions, of course, but the number one complaint that my single straight women friends and I have is that we meet men who don't want to settle down. In an area like DC, where folks are pretty career-oriented*, I would completely believe that if the 20something women are dating in their age range, they are meeting an increased incidence of men who aren't thinking about marriage.

These guys are all men who, from the outset, appear to have enough going for them that they could meet women on their own (as Brandon's grandmother said), and a couple of them are young enough that you could just say they haven't met the right woman yet. No one is concerned that a 26-year-old guy who lives in DC isn't married.

The Black guy who teaches yoga (among other things) seems like the one who is taking this the most seriously - I think the whole "first person in my family to get married" thing is a big deal to him (rightfully so).

*I also think I heard somewhere that DC is the number one city for infidelity in the US, but I could be making that up.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

To piggyback onto this, in my experience, straight men who:

• Are at least average-looking
  • Have fair personalities or better
  • Have a social network or other way to pretty consistently meet women
  • Live in cities where straight women outnumber straight men (as I think the DMV area is - NYC and Atlanta definitely are such cities)
  • Have jobs that sound pretty good (I heard a guy lament that he wasn't getting any attention on dating apps and he suspected it was because he's an Uber driver)
  • Want to get married 

usually get married. There are exceptions, of course, but the number one complaint that my single straight women friends and I have is that we meet men who don't want to settle down. In an area like DC, where folks are pretty career-oriented*, I would completely believe that if the 20something women are dating in their age range, they are meeting an increased incidence of men who aren't thinking about marriage.

These guys are all men who, from the outset, appear to have enough going for them that they could meet women on their own (as Brandon's grandmother said), and a couple of them are young enough that you could just say they haven't met the right woman yet. No one is concerned that a 26-year-old guy who lives in DC isn't married.

The Black guy who teaches yoga (among other things) seems like the one who is taking this the most seriously - I think the whole "first person in my family to get married" thing is a big deal to him (rightfully so).

*I also think I heard somewhere that DC is the number one city for infidelity in the US, but I could be making that up.

In my humble opinion young men used to get married to have sex.  That was the deal.  Most girls were virgin's or bad maybe an experience with one boyfriend.

Now the girls are jumping the guys left and right for one night stands!

"Hello I'm Mary.  Your place or mine?"

As grandma told me 'why buy the cow when the milk is free'!I

Don't shoot the messenger!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I like the cyber security guy and goldilocks (Austin?) but I want him to cut his hair. I feel bad cyber guy is stuck with Katie because he seems genuine. Austin needs to go back to his short hair cut but I think he and Jessica will hit it off. (I still don't know names yet forgive me if I'm off)

I think Taylor is beautiful but hate her wig. I don't think she'll work with Brandon though. He pings my gaydar, slightly. Either that or he's going to be one of those men with too high standards like Jephte, Will, and Keith. Black earrings, beer sales man, bleh.

I can't get a good read on the other black guy. I think he's too old for his match.

No to fitness guy. 

I like all of the women but Katie, whom I'm so sick of already I don't want to say more about.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Same here! I despise cilantro. It doesn’t even taste like soap to me — that is far too kind of a comparison. If a man is that weird and judgy about “cilANNtro” (he doesn’t even pronounce it right!), he’s probably a bad match for me in a lot of ways. To me, that was as much of a red flag as devil worship or being a body builder. 

I was also super annoyed by the exaggerated baby-bouncing. The woman looked absurd, and the baby’s face was so blank, like he even had to disassociate to deal with her parenting style. He also did not react at all to his mom’s peekaboo-by-proxy game. She was laughing like “ohhh hahaha we’re all having such a good time!!” and the kid was like “nah, mom, I’m good actually.”

These previews and first episodes are funny for me because I’m such a blank slate. I rarely pick up on any looming train wrecks. But even my oblivious butt was on high alert at the 25-year-old “ready for marriage” priss-pot who is considering taking back the gaslighting fuckboi the night before her wedding. ~B~a~d~~V~i~b~e~s~

• Love 14
2 hours ago, lu1535 said:

I agree and I also think it was a bad move to match Katie. Not only is she still interested in her ex but she has the very serious disease of type 1 diabetes. Not to say she shouldn't marry but I believe her partner should have the choice to join in such a journey not have it thrown in their lap. 

Yes, Katie shouldn't have been selected as well.  Her having type 1 diabetes is another example--a serious one, I might add--of why a man or woman shouldn't be blindsided if his/her partner has some serious issues.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I'm curious about the DMV places too.  It looked like the residences were in the NoVa or Maryland suburbs, and maybe some of the restaurants were in DC.   I will be especially interested in where they will live once they're married.   

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Taylor is a Johns Hopkins Researcher and a swimsuit model.  That is damn impressive. They will make a beautiful couple....so fingers crossed.

She did look hot in that bikini.  Brandon will be pleased.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, qtpye said:
8 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

The guys seem a little to photogenic to me and seem like they have been recruited, which makes me doubt their intentions.

Yes .. you’re right.  The guys are better looking than the girls except for Taylor and her guy.  They are probably on for exposure.  Out of all that tried out, they picked this bunch?  These experts show me nothing.  Not thrilled at all.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, potatochips said:

Yes! You would think she would have more self-awareness and social awareness than to be angsting over an obvious Tinder douche like an insecure 16-year-old. Despite the show's narrative for her, you're not ready for marriage if you signed up to a reality show in a half-assed attempt to make your non-committing booty call jealous. 

Katie also gives off strong alcoholic vibes, even though that's probably not the case with her diabetes.

17 hours ago, qtpye said:

He kind of reminded me of the actor who played Napoleon Dynamite...who is actually nice looking.

Between Austin and Walmart Ashton especially (Derek), it's going to be a distracting season. I feel Austin's pain - I'm 28 but look 18 because I'm thin and short with adult acne, lol.

Derek's actually pretty hot, as are Brandon and Taylor.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Katie even considering going back to her fuck-boy (not even an ex-boyfriend, just someone she was "casually seeing") shows that she's not as mature as she thinks she is. This is peak fuck-boy behavior. "Wait, you're moving on? Come back!" Even if she weren't getting MAFS, she should cut that shit off, but that's a lesson you have to learn the hard way.

I was very confused by Katie's story because it seemed to change every time she told it. At first she was calling him a guy she was seeing, then started calling him her ex. She also said that he "found out" about her doing this and got upset and realized he had feelings. Then suddenly she said he had professed his love. Then she claimed he "reached out" to her and told her she shouldn't do this. How did he find out unless SHE told him?? I am thinking she signed up for this whole thing to make him jealous and then she was shocked that a) she was actually picked and b) her scheme actually worked and he reacted the way she had hoped. I will fully admit I wasn't paying the closest attention, but I was not clear on her story at all. All of that being said, I hope we finally get a runaway bride, even if the whole thing was concocted by the producers. Gimme that runaway bride!!

Out of the gate I agree with everyone that the men seem recruited but so far I don't find any of them hateable (yet, of course). Zach is way too hot and for sure just promoting his business. Brandon and Taylor are my fave couple by a mile. He is a smooth talker but I am a sucker for dimples so I am absolutely buying what he is selling (for now, of course) and she is gorgeous, sweet, and smart. I really liked both of their families - they seemed reasonably skeptical but still supportive and all seem very loving and kind. I hope both Brandon and Taylor are very pleased when she walks down the aisle. 

I cannot wait to see what horrors manifest with all of these seemingly normal people.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Cammi said:

Please elaborate! 

At the altar, IMO:

I think Mama's Boy Austin (Twin Jessica) and Fitness Guy Zach (Skater Mindy) will be disappointed. I can see Zach especially wanting a va-va-va-voom type. 

I think Freckles Katie might not be thrilled with Ashton Kutcher Derek,  but probably because he is very different in appearance from her "ex" (I'm guessing).

Mike will be so-so about Meka's hair, but only at first sight.

Brandon and Taylor will,  or should, be very pleased!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'm curious about the DMV places too.  It looked like the residences were in the NoVa or Maryland suburbs, and maybe some of the restaurants were in DC.   I will be especially interested in where they will live once they're married.   

She did look hot in that bikini.  Brandon will be pleased.

They lived in Arlington, VA during filming. RiRa, the bar for the bachelorette party is in Arlington as was one of the family dinners. The family dinner at Bazin’s Next Door was in Vienna, VA.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

They lived in Arlington, VA during filming. RiRa, the bar for the bachelorette party is in Arlington as was one of the family dinners. The family dinner at Bazin’s Next Door was in Vienna, VA.

Thanks for the information.   Even though it's supposed to be a "DC" show this series, I'm not surprised that, so far, the locations are in NoVa.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Cammi said:

And then, you have these three supposidely experts going against everything you said which is all absolutely true.  It’s like they are in lala land.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2

If Katie goes forward with the marriage, she will continually wonder what if?  And, I think she'll be constantly comparing Derek (?) to her "casually seeing" guy.  She kept telling everyone who came into her presence, so I think she was hoping someone would tell her that she should go after her ex.  What a coincidence that her ex just happened to know everything about her getting married...

I enjoyed the gown and tux shopping.  I had no idea that blue tuxes were currently the trend.  Either that or they're not the trend and that tux shop just overbought them.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think that Zach is as good-looking as he thinks he is.  I also think the "experts" generalize way too much trying to find common interests.  Although Zach is into fitness, Emily ramps it way up as a figure skater; outside of maybe running together or some weight training, they're probably going to be in separate locales for their activities.

It will be interesting to see their respective reactions at all of the weddings.  Hopefully most of them are sincere in wanting to be married and to give their new relationships time to develop.

• Love 6

Taylor is pure diva.

Freckles needs some therapy for herself.

Mindy is working her skater performance face.

Zach is always posed for his best look.

Not much to say about the others yet, but I think it's gonna be another long season.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't see Mindy the Skinny Skater as a good match to the Fitness Dude, even though there's that athletics connection. I don't know; I just find her skeletal visage (which emphasizes her gigantic teeth) to be off-putting.

He is NOT going to like what her face looks like. He is going to be annoyed that she isn’t a supermodel and the “experiment” will be over for him right there and then. 

I’m sort of bummed for her, but then again she went on this asinine show.

• Love 14

Zach...Popeye wants his arms back....

Zach may be the Fitness Dude but his narrow body and Sailor Man arms are not appealing...

Expected Katie to turn to look into the camera and say...They're baaack....

The blue tuxes make the grooms look like they are all in the cast of Jersey Boys... Sherrie baby...

The twin's BIL was a dick...he could at least pretend to be supportive...

Myla does not want to be a flower girl in this shit show....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Cammi said:

I agree with the above poster that thinks some men were recruited, and I go further to say that most of the men on past seasons have also probably been recruited. Especially to be camera ready.

Anthony on the Chicago season said he was recruited on Tinder.  I think if they just matched the people that applied it would be better instead of searching for people.

But that being said, he is one of few successes.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Zach...Popeye wants his arms back....

Zach may be the Fitness Dude but his narrow body and Sailor Man arms are not appealing...

Expected Katie to turn to look into the camera and say...They're baaack....

The blue tuxes make the grooms look like they are all in the cast of Jersey Boys... Sherrie baby...

The twin's BIL was a dick...he could at least pretend to be supportive...

Myla does not want to be a flower girl in this shit show....

You should film yourself doing "a live commentary on the show. I’d watch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm going to predict that only one of the brides will be disappointed at first sight, but that at least two of the grooms will be.

Agreed. Overall, these are not attractive women. The one with the horrible wig is the exception. I like Mindy’s personality the most but I don’t think Zach (so clearly here for the wrong reasons) will feel that she’s on his level. If she was/had been a competitive figure skater at one point I could see him more interested. 

I think this season has the most unattractive people in the history of the show. I’m not trying to be unkind but I agree with the poster above who said men are visual. I could see some of these guys being turned off immediately and permanently by their new wives. 

9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Did the “ experts” ever hear opposites attract?  I’m married forever and  have little in common with the husband.   I hope they spruce those brides up for the wedding with makeup and fabulous hair styles.

One of the experts’ past problems has been that they were overly reliant on the idea that “opposites attract” so they made disastrous matches by pairing  incompatible opposites together so that they can “fix” each other. See: the season they paired dog fearing Sonya with a jerk with two dogs. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 5

I was all set to apologize to the board for being so shallow, but it appears I'm by far not alone in thinking that 2 of the women this season are less attractive than their matches, specifically Mindy and "Freckles/Diabetes".  Mindy should not grimace and squint.  With those huge teeth and gaunt look, it's positively frightening, plus she generally looks older than 34.  I wonder if her match will find her attractive.  I feel like the guys these two are matched with are into themselves and their appearance so they're not going to be as forgiving of women that aren't up to their probably high expectations.

Miss Freckles has a weird look.  She has a lot of gums showing when she smiles.  She definitely doesn't scream healthy or sexy.  And now she isn't even screaming "mature" what with letting herself second guess her choice to be on the show because of some fuckbuddy that suddenly thinks he's in love only because she's unavailable.  She doesn't know that's one of the oldest tricks in the book?

Austin fits his name.  He reminds me of a very young Hugh Grant in many ways, especially the smile.  I really don't think that any of these guys is marriage material, except perhaps the one matched with Meka.  Not feeling it, no matter how hard they want us to think they want to get married.  To me it's obvious that they've been recruited.  If I can see this already that doesn't bode well for the success of any of these couples.

• Love 4

I think Austin is the least attractive of the men, and that unfortunate hairstyle and the mama's boy persona don't help.  I'd say he and Jessica are traveling at about the same speed, looks-wise.

Edited by Ohwell
double post
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I'm hoping that some of the Primetimer sleuths among us will be able to dig up the true identities (and current towns/areas) of the 10 folks ... as a DMV denizen of 30 years, I'm always curious to see if I can recognize areas/neighborhoods/restaurants, etc. on these things. 

One of the tell-the-parents meals was at Paradiso (which I've been to!).  It is technically in Alexandria (VA) but I associate it much more with Springfield.

12 hours ago, amcfar said:

I thought the same thing, and mentioned it to my husband. Austin looks like Jon Heder, especially with the way he has his hair. 

A few other resemblances:

Brandon, from some angles, looks like a thinner-in-the-face version of Donald Faison.

Katie's dad looks like a bald Michael Keaton.

Katie reminded me of Kim Richards back in the 1975 Escape to Witch Mountain.

Zack's friend Mike looks like Chris Martin.

Something about the other woman who was not Katie's mother, reminded me of Mariette Hartley (showing my age with that reference!)

Taylor's mom resembled a black version of Dr. Pepper.

Even though he had a beard, Derek still reminded me of Connor from this past season of The Bachelorette (he was the one with the vocal fry that drove everyone up a tree).

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Anthony on the Chicago season said he was recruited on Tinder.  I think if they just matched the people that applied it would be better instead of searching for people.

But that being said, he is one of few successes.

When they said there had been 8 couples still married, I racked my brain trying to come up with 8, and could only come up with 5.  The ones I forgot were Keith and Kristine, AJ and Stephanie, and Deonna and Greg.

35 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I think this season has the most unattractive people in the history of the show. wives. 

I am apparently in the minority, but I think all the people are at least reasonably attractive, and I much prefer it that the women aren't gorgeous (other than Taylor).

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, caligirljes said:

Is it me or do all but 2 of the guys seem gay??!? The Ashton Kutcher one seems straight & the momma’s boy. Other than that, my gay-day was pinging a million miles per second on the other 3 men!!! Thinking about it though, what a great way to hide in the closet ... 

Preach. I got the same vibes, except not sure about Brandon but the yoga guy and the fitness model seem very effeminate. The yoga guy's voice alone would be a huge red flag for me but that could be attributed to him being raised by only women. 

Btw I thought the same about Keith from last season, thought he was at least bi. 

• Love 9