Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Love

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't know why I think this but I have a feeling that Zach is attracted to women who are literally head-turning gorgeous. Not just conventionally pretty but slender (but with boobs), toned, hair and makeup always done. I think Mindy is attractive, if perhaps a little too thin, but I don't think she has the "wow!" factor that I think Zach probably likes.

Zach is Ken and I think he wants a Barbie.

I think you might be right. I think looks-wise, Taylor is probably more up his alley.........

18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't know why I think this but I have a feeling that Zach is attracted to women who are literally head-turning gorgeous. Not just conventionally pretty but slender (but with boobs), toned, hair and makeup always done. I think Mindy is attractive, if perhaps a little too thin, but I don't think she has the "wow!" factor that I think Zach probably likes.

Zach is Ken and I think he wants a Barbie.

That's the vibe Zach gives off, and I think he said he'd historically dated "beautiful women" but that he didn't have a connection to them. Zach is clearly very into his body (he has to be; he's an advertisement for his services) and I would bet he prefers women that match his aesthetic. Taylor's body is the type I'd think Zach would go for (slim and toned but with curves in the "right" places), but Zach also doesn't really give me the vibe that he dates Black women.

• Love 2

I thought it was interesting that Brandon claimed he'd dated Black, White, Hispanic, Middle Eastern--don't remember of he said Asian--but yet he still hasn't found the right woman.  Maybe he did it for variety and different experiences and he really is ready to settle down now.  I just wonder why he couldn't find someone on his own.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I thought it was interesting that Brandon claimed he'd dated Black, White, Hispanic, Middle Eastern--don't remember of he said Asian--but yet he still hasn't found the right woman.  Maybe he did it for variety and different experiences and he really is ready to settle down now.  I just wonder why he couldn't find someone on his own.  

I liked Brandon from the jump from the few minutes we saw of him. Maybe he’s just busy, like the other dude, Michael, with three jobs and whatnot.  Zach may be busy looking in the mirror all day, Napoleon Dynamite is busy and maybe too obsessed with his mother and the never been in love/ fascinated by Nate Berkus' hair guy gives me the creeps. No idea what he’s been busy doing. 

I like Mindy’s personality so far and thought she looked nice at the rooftop bar with the other ladies.  I liked Dr. Tay, too. Don’t know about the twin wanting what her sister has.   Don’t know enough about Meka yet but thought she was a pretty bride.  Katie has already been covered.  Hoping her mess doesn’t drag out like Iris’ virginity.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Your comments are so funny and right on as usual!  I don’t even remember most of their names. How do ya’ll remember so much?
I didn’t care for ‘Freckles’ appearance that much (it’s okay, I’m not marrying her!) and thought she was so immature talking about ‘her EX’,  and not ready for marriage, and most of the other women were perfectly fine looking. I thought three of the Men were good looking and better looking than their wives! I think they may be disappointed with their wives’ appearance at first, until they get to know them. I love this show, let the drama start!!!  👍

• Love 2

I’m late to the party here, I didn’t know this show had started up again. Five couple!? That’s a lot to keep up with *groan* . I wonder if one of them might drop out early. I’m watching last weeks epi now and Katie seems undecided, she keeps crying, taking about her ex and saying she’s not ready. Oh, these people, don’t they watch the past seasons, there’s been nine of them. 

• Love 1

Can anyone tell me why, on the Unfiltered, they play so-called background music so loudly that it distracts from what is being said.  It is relentless and awful.

56 minutes ago, b2H said:

Can anyone tell me why, on the Unfiltered, they play so-called background music so loudly that it distracts from what is being said.  It is relentless and awful.

Because it distracts from the nonsense coming from their pie holes...

The music is as relentless and awful as what flies out from their gobs....

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I like Katie’s dress too but man, she’s going to be a train wreck. 

I would have liked it as a whole dress but I didn’t like it as two pieces with the occasional flash of midriff... competing with the best/sash they added. I did love the top though and thought it was a nice change from so many strapless dresses or plunging necklines.

Neither Katie’s nor Jessica’s hairstyles seemed to be holding up well through the night. The hairstylists May need to invest in some extra-hold hairspray for future events. Perhaps Zach can recommend one. He looks like he knows his way around the hair products aisle.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I would have liked it as a whole dress but I didn’t like it as two pieces with the occasional flash of midriff... competing with the best/sash they added. I did love the top though and thought it was a nice change from so many strapless dresses or plunging necklines.

Neither Katie’s nor Jessica’s hairstyles seemed to be holding up well through the night. The hairstylists May need to invest in some extra-hold hairspray for future events. Perhaps Zach can recommend one. He looks like he knows his way around the hair products aisle.

It sometimes looked like he had a pompadour.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I liked Katie's two piece dress because it was different but in a good way.  Plus, she's toned so there wasn't any flab showing.  

I agree. It's definitely a look for a young bride, and she is only 25, so it worked. Besides, the rest of the dress is pretty conservative, so the little flash of skin is fine (at least to me).

• Love 11
On 1/1/2020 at 9:42 PM, OnTime said:

I wonder who they turned down to pick these ten? Are having tattoos now required to be on this show?

It's become my impression that having tattoos is now required for existing.

On 1/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, Empress1 said:

The Black guy who teaches yoga (among other things) seems like the one who is taking this the most seriously - I think the whole "first person in my family to get married" thing is a big deal to him (rightfully so).

So who does he consider to be his "family"?  Like no aunt or grandfather or cousin has ever been married?  Or is it just his parents and his siblings?  If it's just parents and siblings, I don't consider it that big of a deal, and if it's every single family member ever, then that's kind of amazing.

On 1/3/2020 at 6:53 AM, Empress1 said:

I for one am glad it's at least somewhat on trend for men to, you know, dress well and groom themselves.

Especially since women are expected to not only groom themselves but go beyond and wear makeup.  And, these days, false eyelashes, spanx, and fake talons.

18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I adored it as two pieces.  As others noted, she's got the youth and body for it, and I liked the flash and the little jewel-y belt thing coupled with being very conservative otherwise.   I thought it was very tasteful with just a little zing.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I agree. It's definitely a look for a young bride, and she is only 25, so it worked. 

Bet Brandon's Tina Turner grandmother could also get away with it.  She was quite something. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, Kareem said:

Bet Brandon's Tina Turner grandmother could also get away with it.  She was quite something. 

Truth! She looked amazing! And definitely had a better personality than her grandson. I would rather watch a show about her than him to be honest......

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

So who does he consider to be his "family"?  Like no aunt or grandfather or cousin has ever been married?  Or is it just his parents and his siblings?  If it's just parents and siblings, I don't consider it that big of a deal, and if it's every single family member ever, then that's kind of amazing.

I could see it. I've seen a number of families that are basically all women - the men took off or were never around. I remember on Real Housewives of Atlanta, one of the cast (Kandi, for those who have seen it) talked about how every woman in her family is a single mother and she was sad that she'd perpetuated the cycle. (She's now married and has two more children with her husband.)

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And it really goes all the way up the family tree with nobody ever being married, even 100 years ago? 

Don't know about 100 years ago but she definitely talked about how her mother, aunts (who have appeared on the show), and I think grandmother were all single mothers. She's in her 40s. We tend to live what we know. If what you know is "have kids and the father doesn't stick around," odds increase that that's what your life will look like.

My point is, I don't think it's unbelievable for a person in his 30s to be the first person in his family to be married. I mean, obviously it's a thing that happens - it's his story. But I doubt he's the only person with that family history.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/7/2020 at 4:30 PM, Archer27 said:

I agree about her thin face making her appear older than 34. Mindy is pretty! Like many of you, I fear that conceited Zach will not dig her from the get-go. Hopefully it will not be as biting and severe as Jaime's reaction to Doug. That was ROUGH!

I missed the first couple of seasons of this show. Didn’t even know it was on, never heard of it or saw it advertised! 
What was Jaime’s reaction to her new husband like???

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Purplelady25 said:

I missed the first couple of seasons of this show. Didn’t even know it was on, never heard of it or saw it advertised! 
What was Jaime’s reaction to her new husband like???

Upon seeing Doug at the altar, Jaime started crying. She was not attracted to him at all - more like repulsed by him. After the ceremony, she sat in a corner/hallway with a couple of family members/friends and cried - she was pretty hysterical. 

Now, years later, they are still married, have a daughter, and she is pregnant now. 

• Love 4

Yes, Jamie was horribly, visibly upset when she first saw Doug.  By contrast, he thought she was so beautiful.  She almost didn't say "I Do", and yes, she crumpled right after the ceremony.

On the honeymoon, she wouldn't touch him, but over the week, she got to know his personality, and she started to really like him.

And thus, Doug the lap dog was born.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2020 at 12:28 PM, Neurochick said:

I agree somewhat with you; I think that's why so many of the parents aren't down for their children being on this show.  They know how reality TV works, that it's a SHOW and a show needs drama to succeed.

Yes, we do rip these people apart, but the thing with reality TV is that once you're off it, people forget about you.  I don't remember most of the participants of past seasons.  When this show is over, I'll be onto the next reality TV show.  I watch "90 Day Fiancee" and the only people I remember on this show are the ones who seem to be addicted to the fame and constantly put themselves out there. 

I used to watch Big Brother when it first came on in the USA.  There was this one guy who became very popular, I think they called him "Chicken George."  I read an article where he said after the show, he tried to get an agent and no one would represent him, despite his popularity and he just disappeared.  If he walked past me in the street today I wouldn't know him.

Haha it's so true!  Years ago I watched a "Where are they now?" for the Flavor of Love women and one said in a TH, "Now that I'm a celebrity, . . ." and I wanted to tell her that no one knows who she is 😄 So maybe they see their "fame" differently.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, Sterling said:

Yes, Jamie was horribly, visibly upset when she first saw Doug.  By contrast, he thought she was so beautiful.  She almost didn't say "I Do", and yes, she crumpled right after the ceremony.

On the honeymoon, she wouldn't touch him, but over the week, she got to know his personality, and she started to really like him.

And thus, Doug the lap dog was born.

He did put the effort in to woo her during that honeymoon!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, princelina said:

He did put the effort in to woo her during that honeymoon!

Yes he did! To date, I do find it the best "storyline" from this show. I know a lot of people think she is striving and desperate and just using Doug to some extent, but I like her. I enjoy her posts on Instagram. She is very positive there and I appreciate that.

• Love 2