Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Love

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

It is hard to believe that he is 31 but I think he will age well.

Austin has a baby face & will probably peak in his 40s as many men do.

I really don't think 'mr. hotty' (Zach?) is hot.  Just because many people may find someone traditionally attractive doesn't mean everyone will be attracted to said person. Personally he seems a bit obnoxious.  I think he needs to tone it down 10 notches, & keep the shirt on too. I also think his tats are ugly.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 12
On 1/2/2020 at 3:24 PM, Jeanne222 said:

In my humble opinion young men used to get married to have sex.  That was the deal.  Most girls were virgin's or bad maybe an experience with one boyfriend.

Now the girls are jumping the guys left and right for one night stands!

"Hello I'm Mary.  Your place or mine?"

As grandma told me 'why buy the cow when the milk is free'!I

Don't shoot the messenger!

The reason my father got married to my mother, and he said this a few times, was to have sex. It was 1957 when they married, she was 19 and he was 23.  He passed away after 59 years of marriage to her. My mother recently met a widower who proposed to her. They got married after nly 7 weeks of knowing each other (at age 82) because she wouldn't sleep with him, they want to travel together and didn't want to pay for 2 hotel rooms. That was certainly a different generation! 

• Love 12
On 1/3/2020 at 1:26 AM, Ilovepie said:

Oh lord, here we go again.....as long as we are snarking on looks, here are my two cents......

Mindy looks closer to 40, but I still feel sorry for her bc no way is Zach in this for twoo luv......he is the most recruitiest recruitment that was ever recruited in the history of this show. I almost laughed when he was trying to come up with a reason he was doing this show when his friends asked him - dude, just say it: you whored yourself out to a basic cable show and agreed to a sham 8 week marriage to get exposure for yourself/business.....

Austin is probably in this for the right reasons, but damn, he looks like he’s maybe 18, at most? Lucky for him his bride is nice and not exactly a swimsuit model herself, speaking of.....

Taylor is super pretty but I gotta give some side eye to all the swimsuit pics - is it possible she was recruited too? She seems too good to be true....why the hell does she need this show?!?

I am already sick of Katie.

I agree Taylor is recruited. She must have NO trouble meeting men. I do not believe she is dying to get married and settle down. I think she enjoys the constant attention from men. 

If any of these guys really wanted to get married, they could easily find a mate. That one guy saying that he's tried all the usual channels and they didn't work, my ass.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I just watched this nonsense, maybe it's me but all three of the white women look strangely alike, same body type, same hairstyles.

Vocal fry therapist:  I don't mind that she has diabetes but I do mind that she's hung up on her ex.  Someone needs to tell her that her ex doesn't really love her, he's just pissed that she's going to get married to someone else, that's "Douchebag Behavior 101".  The best thing she can do is look him in the eye and say "FUCK YOU" because HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU GIRL.

One of the guys REALLY does look like Ashton Kutcher and it's distracting but in a good way.

I don't like the fitness guy because I imaging him looking in the mirror all the time, and making sure his hair is perfect. 

I don't get "gay" vibes from any of the guys, I do get immature vibes from some of them though.

This season it looked like the experts matched people who look like they could be members of the same family. 

I don't think the experts are the problem though.  Too many of these people seem to be in love with the idea of marriage instead of marriage itself. 

The problem with this show is just that, it's a show.  And people like to see drama on shows.  In order to have drama, you have to create it.  That's why the woman who's hung up on her ex is even on the show. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13

Yeah and if anyone knows anything about these shows, they would know that even if the participant is naive and really looking at this as a way to find love and marriage, it turns into a shit show ALL the time! The reason I would be against it, if it were my family member is because they don't know what kind of horrid thing is about to happen to their reputations. I mean someone like John and that Pretty Mean girl- look how it turned out for them, with the whole country hating the woman. And like the girl last season, the blond sweet one matched to the narcissist- she was not expecting that!  Why would you allow a family member go through this? No matter how nice you are, your particular pairing could turn into a huge drama, and with the editing, your life will never be the same, and in a shitty way. I mean look as us here ripping all of them apart. Well they brought in on themselves. I could understand it the first few years of reality TV, but after so many people have made spectacles of themselves, no in 2020 do you go on one of these shows.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 5

The girl with the freckles started to bug me really bad how she kept talking about that guy that didn't care about her but now all of a sudden supposedly does. Even on the day of the wedding when she was getting ready she still was saying I don't  know if I should do this. That is so annoying. The experts could've given someone else a chance if she doesn't want to be there. Why did she sign up for the show if that's not what she wants?? It bothers me when the people on there do that. I do think alot of the couples look like brother and sister. I don't think any of them are attractive except the girl with the long wig, is it Taylor? Not sure if that was her name.  The fitness guy seems too into himself and I don't think he was paired well. The one he was paired with looks older than him and I would be surprised if he is attracted to her. The freckles girl reminds me of another Amber from last season. Like she is dumb and a doormat when it comes to men. I think it was annoying when the sister of someone was holding the baby boy and feeding him while swinging her arms all over the place. I was thinking how could he even eat and not puke all over her!! I totally see a big red flag about mama's boy because the whole interview all he talked about is what his mom likes and it was all mom mom mom. Especially when the the question was asked about what he thinks his bride would like to see him wearing and he said something like he just assumed she would be picking out his clothes for him. He totally reminds me of John Heder!! Even his voice sounds the same lol!! I can already see it now that his mom will be way too involved and try to still be the one controlling his life and it will cause problems between him and his wife. It seems like Taylor wouldn't be into her match, like she wouldn't be attracted to him kinda like the fitness guy with his match. I thought the bachelorette party was the most boring and weird one I have ever seen. There was only a few people and why were they giving lap dances to the people that came with them? When the figure skater tried giving a lap dance to her boss ( of all people) she looked so awkward and stiff moving. It was horrible.  It seems like that party would drag on and on. Why weren't they in the club part with all the other people? That would've been more fun then grinding on your family members or friends!! And boss!! It was just weird all around. I do like that there is 5 couples now instead of just four. I wonder why they skipped them picking rings out for their matches? Do the people just buy their own rings now? 

• Love 4
On 1/2/2020 at 10:16 AM, spunky said:

Why is Katie wasting everyone's time if she's having second thoughts? She should have told the experts so that they could have found a better match for the person she's about to marry. 

Pepper, one of the "experts" fought for this match saying they were so mature for their age. Not seeing this at ALL. And she was also gloating about her 10 season tenure on this show with eight successful couples. Hardly something to be proud of if anyone asks me, which they haven't. 

On 1/2/2020 at 10:36 AM, Drogo said:

Still, I loved him on Deadwood

Fitness guy looks to me like a cross between Johnny Iuzinni and John Mellencamp.

I like Taylor and Brandon the best so far, but not too sure if they will be intellectually compatible. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

Idk. I think guys are more accepting of their wives, more receptive to different looks. Whereas, women are more picky. It's an evolution/mate thing. Regarding the show, I only recall 2 expressed disappointments at the wedding: Jamie & Luke. So, it's been even. Ha

Jacklyn in season 2 was not attracted to the looks of basement Ryan and said so at the beginning. He thought she was beautiful.

She later ended up liking hIm and he actually had girls on the side. The show pushed her to go out to dinner after the reunion. He agreed and then stood her up.

I do agree that men are attracted to much more variety than what the media says.

Also, as women have more avenues to money/power, they are starting to get pickier about looks.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Mindy looks closer to 40, but I still feel sorry for her bc no way is Zach in this for twoo luv......he is the most recruitiest recruitment that was ever recruited in the history of this show. I almost laughed when he was trying to come up with a reason he was doing this show when his friends asked him - dude, just say it: you whored yourself out to a basic cable show and agreed to a sham 8 week marriage to get exposure for yourself/business.....

Here's the bottom line, the "experts"/producers/recruitment squad PICKED HIM. 

So how can we really blame Zach for doing the show? Whether he was recruited or he stood in line to fill out an application, they all knew his intentions or should have been able to.  They didn't turn him down. 

• Love 5

I remember now Dr. Pepper saying that freckles was really mature and I didn't see that she was at all.  She seems immature.  The fitness guy kinda reminds me of Ricky Martin although Ricky Martin looks 100 times better.

• Love 5
On 1/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, kerrieway said:

swimmer's shoulder and manly muscular arms

These can also be a an aerialist’s or a poler’s shoulders and I think they look awesome! Then again, as an aerialist and a poler, I may be biased 🙂

• Love 3

Why is it that the parents and friends tend to be smart enough to tell them this show is not a good way to get married but the participants are not? Watching the families is heart breaking. Thank God I’m child free and my fur momma’s boy baby would never put me through anything like that!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I wonder why they skipped them picking rings out for their matches?

I’d guess they didn’t have time to show it. With 5. Lipless they really have to pick what to show because they have to show it for all five

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShowFan said:
  6 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I think they have skipped the ring picking on the last two seasons, Philly and Charlotte. They have also skipped finances and house hunting in the last seasons.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, lizajane said:

Pepper, one of the "experts" fought for this match saying they were so mature for their age. Not seeing this at ALL. And she was also gloating about her 10 season tenure on this show with eight successful couples. Hardly something to be proud of if anyone asks me, which they haven't. 

I rolled my eyes at Pepper. Either Katie or the producers should have said something about her having second thoughts. This marriage is already up in flames and it hasn’t even started.

• Love 3

Yes. They're playing out the "ex dilemma" because it's never happened before. Jamie kept bringing up her ex throughout the experiment & they're still together, so hopefully we'll stop hearing about it after the wedding.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I totally see a big red flag about mama's boy because the whole interview all he talked about is what his mom likes and it was all mom mom mom. Especially when the the question was asked about what he thinks his bride would like to see him wearing and he said something like he just assumed she would be picking out his clothes for him.

Except! This reminds me of a couple of the grooms from prior seasons that are still married: Ricky Bobby was/is extremely close to his mother, even calling her by a weird pet name (“Toots”), and Keith of Keith and Queen Kristine who has basically changed his answer to life to “Whatever Kristine likes/thinks/wants”......Based on these two Beta male mafs specimens, I actually think Austin might be a good candidate if his wife isn’t immediately turned off by the fact that he doesn’t look old enough to vote let alone get married......And if Jessica doesn’t want to pick out his clothes, I’m sure Queen Kristine would come and sort that nonsense for him! 😂(I say all of this with loving snark because I love Bobby and Keith. Bobby is a favorite of mine on IG - he’s pretty funny.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Yeah and if anyone knows anything about these shows, they would know that even if the participant is naive and really looking at this as a way to find love and marriage, it turns into a shit show ALL the time! The reason I would be against it, if it were my family member is because they don't know what kind of horrid thing is about to happen to their reputations. I mean someone like John and that Pretty Mean girl- look how it turned out for them, with the whole country hating the woman. And like the girl last season, the blond sweet one matched to the narcissist- she was not expecting that!  Why would you allow a family member go through this? No matter how nice you are, your particular pairing could turn into a huge drama, and with the editing, your life will never be the same, and in a shitty way. I mean look as us here ripping all of them apart. Well they brought in on themselves. I could understand it the first few years of reality TV, but after so many people have made spectacles of themselves, no in 2020 do you go on one of these shows.

I agree somewhat with you; I think that's why so many of the parents aren't down for their children being on this show.  They know how reality TV works, that it's a SHOW and a show needs drama to succeed.

Yes, we do rip these people apart, but the thing with reality TV is that once you're off it, people forget about you.  I don't remember most of the participants of past seasons.  When this show is over, I'll be onto the next reality TV show.  I watch "90 Day Fiancee" and the only people I remember on this show are the ones who seem to be addicted to the fame and constantly put themselves out there. 

I used to watch Big Brother when it first came on in the USA.  There was this one guy who became very popular, I think they called him "Chicken George."  I read an article where he said after the show, he tried to get an agent and no one would represent him, despite his popularity and he just disappeared.  If he walked past me in the street today I wouldn't know him.

• Love 5

Twin Girl with the manly shoulders looks like Jennifer Carpenter...Dexter's sister from  Dexter and a not- as-cute as Jennifer Garner Affleck look alike.

So many Jennifers...even her twin is named Jennifer....

Jessica is not exactly a farm girl but she did grow up on a Christmas tree farm...like Taylor Swift...hate myself for knowing those factoids...

Jennifer's muscular  looks will NOT disappoint Austin but his mother, who thinks her son hangs the moon will express her disappointment with her stranger DIL's big frame...

• Love 3
14 hours ago, OnTime said:
15 hours ago, ShowFan said:
  6 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I think they have skipped the ring picking on the last two seasons, Philly and Charlotte. They have also skipped finances and house hunting in the last seasons.

I would have preferred ring choosing or really anything else over that bachelorette party. What a waste of time and eye bleach.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:
15 hours ago, OnTime said:

They have also skipped finances and house hunting in the last seasons.

And IMO the show is worse for it.

Agree.  The show isn't focused anymore on the serious topics. 

Now it will be focused on more showing people naked ie Jamie/Beth and the  Katie "x" factor. Next will we see Chris Harrison performing the weddings? The producers so want The Bachelor drama.

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, Lindz said:

Yes. They're playing out the "ex dilemma" because it's never happened before. Jamie kept bringing up her ex throughout the experiment & they're still together, so hopefully we'll stop hearing about it after the wedding.

Jamie didn't bring up her ex during the experiment.

She starting bringing him up on the "Married at First Sight, The First Year" spin off  and I think she even wanted Doug to meet him.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I remember now Dr. Pepper saying that freckles was really mature and I didn't see that she was at all.  She seems immature.  The fitness guy kinda reminds me of Ricky Martin although Ricky Martin looks 100 times better.

Nobody loves Ricky Martin more than I do,  but Buff Zach gives me "Ralph Macchio" vibes instead. 

Added to Ashton Kutscher Derek and Nancy Kerrigan Mindy. 

And I'll throw in a Barron Trump Austin for free! 😇

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, lu1535 said:

I would have preferred ring choosing or really anything else over that bachelorette party. What a waste of time and eye bleach.

I'll bet that is just the start of things this season.

Why will I not be surprised this season is raunchy and has more explosive fights than any season yet? 

22 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

Katie should have bowed out or the producers should have had her leave if she was having second thoughts about her ex. I feel bad for her soon to be husband.

I am of a completely different mind on that. I am imagining the producers positively SALIVATING at the prospect of finally having a runaway bride. I wouldn't be surprised if she barely mentioned this guy in one of the interviews and they started poking and prodding her about him, asking if he knows she is getting married, asking if she's talked to him, constantly bringing him up. They are making it her story because they want it to be. 

Edited by sometimesjennifer
  • Love 7

So this is a nice show to watch along with my favorite watch-in-secret trainwreck Love After Lockup!  

I am still amazed that this show will cast 25 year olds who are bemoaning wanting to be married for sooooooo long and haven't yet found the right person.  You're 25, FFS!  Enjoy being single, be selfish, do things for yourself and cool your jets.  

I do have to laugh about the experts feeling that Katie's illness has made her more mature.  Sure.  Totally evidenced by the fact that she's ready to go running back to her booty call.  I hope she doesn't break Derek's heart because he seems super cute and chill.  (But of course, experts, match the dude who's never been in love with Katie.) 

I like Mindy a lot, teeth and all, but I have a bad, bad feeling that Zach (I think?) is going to break her heart.  I hurt for her already that her parents aren't attending the wedding.  

Austin seems dorky-cute but I hope his mom won't be an issue.  He does remind me of Bobby Dodd, who is my absolute favorite MAFS husband of all time.   Jessica seems okay but she wants to get married because her sister is?  Not a good reason to get married, sister.  And her sister actually said to her, yeah, I encouraged you to try out for MAFS but I didn't actually think they were going to pick you!  Ha! 

Michael seems like a nice man.  Hopefully Meka won't be too young for him (another 25 year old!)  They could be the Greg and Deonna of this season, where they are obviously well matched and will stay together with very little drama.

Brandon seems amazing so I hope he won't turn out to be the major douchebag of the season.  I like Taylor okay although a few things she said seemed kind of arrogant.  

For once, I actually like all the wedding dresses.  None seem ill-fitting or with hooters hanging out.

I really wish they wouldn't stretch all this out and just get right into the weddings.  

Are we taking bets yet on who will go down in flames first?  

BTW, I had to snort with laughter over the experts' bragging about EIGHT matched couples that stayed together.  Out of how many?? 

• Love 6

Regarding filming locales and where all these people live, Jessica was shown running in Silver Spring, Maryland -- right over the DC line. She went past a bus station on 16th St and East-West Hwy. I used to live in the same area and recognized it. I wonder if she lives in one of those apartment complexes right by the Silver Spring metro?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I really wish they wouldn't stretch all this out and just get right into the weddings.

No such luck! Only showing a few weddings next episode. 😣

• Love 1
On 1/2/2020 at 7:33 PM, seacliffsal said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think that Zach is as good-looking as he thinks he is. 

Not too unpopular as I agree with you.  He has nice features and is attractive, but  his features don’t work well together so I don’t think he is movie star handsome like Cal does.  I actually think he and Mindy are well matched looks-wise.  Whoever did Mindy’s hair and makeup for the wedding didn’t do her any favors as she looked prettier in the before scenes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OnTime said:
20 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

BTW, I had to snort with laughter over the experts' bragging about EIGHT matched couples that stayed together.  Out of how many?? 

8 of 29

As they shamelessly keep popping that champagne to celebrate their 'success' 🥳🥂🎇 ... 🙄😒

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

To be honest, I wonder if any "expert" could do any better...or worse.  You could roll dice and get the same results.

• Love 7
On 1/5/2020 at 10:43 AM, lu1535 said:

I also miss the gifts that they would send each other before the ceremony. They didn't do it last season or this season. I thought that was a really sweet way to begin with the anonymous notes to each other and little gifts. I miss that........perhaps Katie wouldn't be so reticent if she had receive a gift from Derek and a note to calm her down......

• Love 6
On 1/2/2020 at 11:59 AM, Retired at last said:

Yes, those recruitment short takes were funny. Besides the cilantro quote, did anyone catch the guy who worships the devil?

That made me think of the scene in Coming to America when the woman at the club tells Prince Akeem and Semmi, "I have a secret. I worship the devil!"

On 1/3/2020 at 1:26 AM, Ilovepie said:

Oh lord, here we go again.....as long as we are snarking on looks, here are my two cents......

Mindy looks closer to 40

Mindy is 34, so she's approaching 40. 

On 1/3/2020 at 4:33 AM, silverspoons said:

I also and hoping Meka and Michael are not Jasmine and Will 2.0. 

That's the vibe I got from them just from the publicity wedding shots that Lifetime released.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Not too unpopular as I agree with you.  He has nice features and is attractive, but  his features don’t work well together so I don’t think he is movie star handsome like Cal does.  I actually think he and Mindy are well matched looks-wise.  Whoever did Mindy’s hair and makeup for the wedding didn’t do her any favors as she looked prettier in the before scenes.

I 100% agree! I think all but one of the couples are well matched looks-wise - Derek and Katie are not a match looks-wise. He is a far better looking than she is. She looks and talks as if Tara Reid and Lindsay Lohan had a baby....

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I don't think Mindy is unattractive; in fact, I think she has a pretty face.  I just think she's too thin, especially in the face, and it makes her look older than 34.  

Also, forgot to add that her teeth wouldn't look so prominent if she had a fuller face.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't think Mindy is unattractive; in fact, I think she has a pretty face.  I just think she's too thin, especially in the face, and it makes her look older than 34.  

I agree about her thin face making her appear older than 34. Mindy is pretty! Like many of you, I fear that conceited Zach will not dig her from the get-go. Hopefully it will not be as biting and severe as Jaime's reaction to Doug. That was ROUGH!

I suggest a few swaps (let's pretend they are all the same age) - Zach and Taylor (because that is a woman looks-wise he thinks he deserves. And she knows she is hot and would give him a run for his money)...Mindy and Derek (Derek is handsome and seems super sweet. She seems to be a cool woman most men would really like)...Austin and Katie (well, nothing more needs to be said about that). Well, that leaves Jessica and Brandon out - definitely not a match! Not sure if Brandon would gel well with Meka (he seems to be chill guy, and she is alpha woman in the best way! I love her energy.) Jessica and Michael....not sure? So, I suck as much as the experts. LOL

Mindy reminds me of a young Geraldine Chaplin who has the same overly prominent teeth to face ratio.

Methinks Mindy is a better match for Zach who is overly body conscious (especially his) and her underweight gaunt look will appeal to him visually more than a normal weight woman...

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Methinks Mindy is a better match for Zach who is overly body conscious (especially his) and her underweight gaunt look will appeal to him visually more than a normal weight woman...

I don't know why I think this but I have a feeling that Zach is attracted to women who are literally head-turning gorgeous. Not just conventionally pretty but slender (but with boobs), toned, hair and makeup always done. I think Mindy is attractive, if perhaps a little too thin, but I don't think she has the "wow!" factor that I think Zach probably likes.

Zach is Ken and I think he wants a Barbie.

• Love 9
On 1/1/2020 at 9:52 PM, Silver Bells said:

Even tho the three therapists have degrees don’t mean they can match.

One of them, Pepper, isn’t even a therapist! She’s a sociologist. *I’M* a sociologist. If you want to learn about Marx’s theory of commodity fetishism or Bourdieu’s work on class reproduction, we’re your gals, but therapy is NOT AT ALL what we do.

This bothers me anew every season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6