Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/02/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby two days in a row has said she doesn't like how partisan this impeachment is.  Does she not understand how this works?  

She is the quintessential airhead.   She's got fab hair and is probably a very nice woman and all, but honestly, she adds nothing, absolutely nothing, to the conversation at the table.  Didn't Nicolle Wallace get fired for being too bland?   Well, Ah-bee is bland X 20.   (I thought I read that about Nicolle when she was let go; that she wasn't controversial enough, or something.)

• Love 14

It popped into my head a little while ago that Nicolle also said, I think in Ladies Who Punch, that producers wanted her to take the Republican side more often, but at that point in her political evolution she was more often in agreement with Whoopie and both Rosies.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Botox and fillers, eye lifts can make most people look good at that age.lol

Not everyone- I’ve seen a lot of these people, they end up looking a little Frankenstein-ish.... Joy looks fantastic 

9 hours ago, lusinia said:

It popped into my head a little while ago that Nicolle also said, I think in Ladies Who Punch, that producers wanted her to take the Republican side more often, but at that point in her political evolution she was more often in agreement with Whoopie and both Rosies.

I loved Nicole.  If they really wanted to represent the conservative view, they should have kept her.  She was too classy.   They want the worst representation of the right, and that’s why Meghan (can’t take my eyes off of my image in the moniter) McCain is there

Edited by 2JEWELL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
19 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby two days in a row has said she doesn't like how partisan this impeachment is.  Does she not understand how this works?  

No, she does not understand.

Is there anything Abby does understand? She just likes to hear herself talk.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Oh good. Let’s hear Abby and Meg agree that Biden needs a better answer re his son getting a job because of nepotism.  (I agree he does need to be better prepared but the irony is The Daughters saying so.)

Bullshit, Meg. Pelosi is not out hawking tee shirts with slogans. I did love Joy’s rebuttal and the audience response. Now Meg’s pouting. 

Oops. So it looks like Nancy is selling sweatshirts as a fundraiser. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

This might have been a first, but I agree with Abby that this wasn't a good look for Biden. Like she said, it makes him look bad instead of tough. If he doesn't figure out what to say about this then he'll end up like Jeb Bush and ask for people to clap for him.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lusinia said:

That was the best thing to happen to her, though.  She's 2+ years into being the sole host of her own MSNBC show, which she's very good at and seems to have a good time doing.

Re: Nicolle - I completely agree with you.   Getting booted from The View really was the very best thing that could have happened for her career.   She's got a great thing going with her MSNBC show and her spots on others' shows and various political panels there.

• Love 19

Missy pitched a fit in the second block when she said Pelosi was selling T-shirts with #Don'tMessWithMe & Joy said:  "Is that like the MAGA hat?"  Missy folded her arms & just glared at Joy!!  Good stuff!!!  (P.S. -- I don't believe that Nancy Pelosi would authorize at T-shirt like that!!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
Just now, Haleth said:

And of course Meg has to insert her personal grief into a convo about immigrant children dying in custody. 

It never fails. I don't understand why she can't make her point without somehow connecting herself to the topic. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Axie said:

I didn’t hear Joy say you wore a Maga hat, Meghan, but, I guess any reason to pout.

Another example of Meghan thinking every comment anyone makes must be about her.

• Love 20
37 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh good. Let’s hear Abby and Meg agree that Biden needs a better answer re his son getting a job because of nepotism.  (I agree he does need to be better prepared but the irony is The Daughters saying so.)

Bullshit, Meg. Pelosi is not out hawking tee shirts with slogans. I did love Joy’s rebuttal and the audience response. Now Meg’s pouting. 

Oops. So it looks like Nancy is selling sweatshirts as a fundraiser. 

I checked NDP's store and didn't see any new clothing.  To infer that NDP  started capitalzing on yesterdays presser by stocking her shop with gear referencing her comments was ludicrous.     Just another whataboutism from MM.

I am going to wear my N. Pelosi pearls when I go out to lunch tomorrow!

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

I checked NDP's store and didn't see any new clothing.  To infer that NDP  started capitalzing on yesterdays presser by stocking her shop with gear referencing her comments was ludicrous.     Just another whataboutism from MM.

Here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

And if Meghan doesn't feel like doing her talk show job today, she just doesn't talk.  Ana?  Jet lag? 

You know, she mentioned being at the grief conference yesterday.  If she was someone who didn't talk all the time about her own grief, and post on her social media little notes to her father, and mention how many days since he's been gone, I could see being at the grief conference bringing her down this much.  She should have just stayed at home.

I think having famous, influential fathers is one big reason why neither Abby nor Meghan were sexually harassed by Roger Ailes.  He couldn't take that chance.

Although, Meghan just basically brushed aside Aisles' conduct to gush about how brilliant of a broadcaster he was.  "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19

It's interesting that Abby is portrayed in the new movie.  She wasn't in the Showtime miniseries this past summer (which was very good; I can't wait to see Bombshell to compare them).  I think it's fascinating that these two productions have good friends Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman playing Gretchen Carlson.

I don't remember if Meghan said she watched the movie.  I wonder if she did, since the director, Jay Roach, also directed Game Change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

And if Meghan doesn't feel like doing her talk show job today, she just doesn't talk.  Ana?  Jet lag? 

You'd think McCain would at least do her job. We know she's incompetent and a bad fit for daytime, but she's paid a million simply to sit and talk, and she can't even do that.

• Love 19
54 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Tough chick, my ass.   That entitled nutjob cannot handle ANY criticism at all.   Her little feelings get shattered like glass.   I love it when the panel just plows right ahead; she's probably not used to the world not stopping on a dime to cater to her wounded ago.

For a woman in her 30s to act like this shows how immature she is.  

17 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Although, Meghan just basically brushed aside Aisles' conduct to gush about how brilliant of a broadcaster he was. 

Meghan has done this before.  Talked about what a horrible person someone is but says they were talented/successful or whatever.  Sorry Meghan but being a serial sexual harasser outweighs any good a man does.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

You probably didn’t know this, but her Dad died.  She is a world class griever!!  While she was at a grief conference (can only imagine how many “my father”’s got thrown around there) Ana was getting an award and dancing with Ricky Martin!!

I guess when your career is built off your own accomplishments, you have more fun!

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
24 minutes ago, lusinia said:

And if Meghan doesn't feel like doing her talk show job today, she just doesn't talk. 

This is actually one of the main reasons I stopped watching.  For me it's not even about all of the garbage that comes out of her mouth when she does open it, it's about all of the many countless times she's allowed to just sit there actively not participating in the topics and discussions that she is getting paid to participate in.  She is basically just an ass in the seat who continually gets away with not doing her job.  I couldn't stand another "I don't know, I don't care, I have nothing to say about this, whatever" comment coming from her or another incident like just happened today where she completely shuts down and physically closes herself up to engaging because she can't take the heat so I just stopped watching because it happens weekly. 

• Love 19

I liked Meghan's dress today but not on her.  It probably looked great on the hanger and she decided to wear it.

She does wear some strange clothes so I really don't think she cares what she wears.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

And of course Meg has to insert her personal grief into a convo about immigrant children dying in custody. 

Good thing she was at death conference yesterday or whatever she called it , or she might not know how to react to a child dying on a concrete floor.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I know that I sound heartless but I don't believe Missy's tears were about that migrant kid it was all about her feelings getting hurt. What a special snowflake! She has always propagated the talking points that led to this boy's death. I could go on about this but it will be off-topic..

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

OMG ... crocodile tears!!!  She doesn't care about the child, she's just sucking up all the oxygen as "the bereaved".  Give.me.a.break!!!

I didn't believe her either. It wasn't that long ago when Megun made gross comments about the kids at the border not actually being tortured; her father was tortured. Maybe Megun and blAbby should be shown footage like that all the time.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

This is actually one of the main reasons I stopped watching.  For me it's not even about all of the garbage that comes out of her mouth when she does open it, it's about all of the many countless times she's allowed to just sit there actively not participating in the topics and discussions that she is getting paid to participate in.  She is basically just an ass in the seat who continually gets away with not doing her job.  I couldn't stand another "I don't know, I don't care, I have nothing to say about this, whatever" comment coming from her or another incident like just happened today where she completely shuts down and physically closes herself up to engaging because she can't take the heat so I just stopped watching because it happens weekly. 

Perfection!  we should all cut and paste this and drop it into an email to TPTB over at the alphabet channel.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, falltime said:

I didn't believe her either. It wasn't that long ago when Megun made gross comments about the kids at the border not actually being tortured; her father was tortured. Maybe Megun and blAbby should be shown footage like that all the time.

Maybe then Abby might learn to recognize what something "sick" actually looks like.

• Love 15

When Joy made her maga hats comment , all Meghan had to do was say something like "he shouldn't do that either" and it would have been end of story.

Instead she takes it as a personal attack ( which it wasn't ) and goes into her pouty mode. But remember ... she isn't a snowflake.

When something like this happens , I wish they would do more long shots and show the whole table. It's just not enough to only see a few quick shots of her sitting there. arms crossed and in a snit. I'd like to see how the others are reacting, plus seeing her so upset over nothing is always a good time.

• LOL 5
  • Love 19