Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/02/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Tammee said:

Well i checked one video on youtube dated for today 12/4 and it was the Michael Douglas ep.  It was also the time that all those Reps stormed that guy who was trying to give an update to somebody.  Im sorry i know zero names.  and then she said, and then he said and then they said, and then she said again....lol.  Can i ask the people that got an ep, what time was in and what time zone are you in?  Thanks.

I watched on Hulu

I think Abby would be happier on a talk show that didn't discuss politics and current events.   If she was added to The View because Meghan wanted her on the show, I wonder if she feels obliged to stay?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, lusinia said:

If she was added to The View because Meghan wanted her on the show, I wonder if she feels obliged to stay?

Since stories of her childhood depict her as a lonely kid who didn't measure up to the beauty/talent/brains of her siblings, maybe she enjoys these "take that" moments on a highly rated TV show.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Since stories of her childhood depict her as a lonely kid who didn't measure up to the beauty/talent/brains of her siblings, maybe she enjoys these "take that" moments on a highly rated TV show.

Maybe.  I know when I look at her Twitter page, which sends you to her Instagram page to see the baby pictures she's posted, there are usually some really nasty comments from people who are angry at her for supposedly being different from the way she was on Fox and Friends.   

But then she's also criticized when she tries to see things from the Republican's point of view, and repeats conservative talking points.  I wouldn't be surprised if she feels like she can't win, no matter what she does.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Talk about your snowflakes?  This whole Barron conversation is ridiculous... she wasn’t making fun of trumps kid, it was a word play.  And blAbby thought it was “sick”?  

Anything to give a win to Trump and his ilk. 

• Love 22

Shut up, Abby. Sheesh, what a snowflake  

Sunny and Abby are both wrong. I'm not understanding the over-the-top outrage about Barron. Claiming it was "sick" as Abby did is a bit melodramatic.

Deflect and distract. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20
17 minutes ago, lusinia said:

But then she's also criticized when she tries to see things from the Republican's point of view, and repeats conservative talking points.  I wouldn't be surprised if she feels like she can't win, no matter what she does.   

For being a co host on a show called the View Abby doesn't present her views like someone who really believes them or feels strongly about them.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I think Abby would be happier on a talk show that didn't discuss politics and current events.   If she was added to The View because Meghan wanted her on the show, I wonder if she feels obliged to stay?

Obligated by a big fat paycheck. Did you know that her and her husband started with nothing?

I generally like Abby. I don't think she adds anything of value to the political discussions because she's too squishy in her views.

• Love 6

Poor uninformed Abby doesn't realize when Chelsea Clinton was the same age and mocked for her looks, multiple times, by ugly men and on SNL.   There is no comparison to yesterday's name vs. title that Prof Karlan spoke about.  If she subbed prince or princess they would have screamed about the association to any of the Trump spawn.  Abby has a lot of Fox Kayleigh McEnany moments.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Kids should be off limits, but the woman was not actually talking about the child Barron, she was talking about Trump's decision to choose a name like Baron (or King or Duke).  She refrained from adding that he was named after Trump's best friend, "John Barron" who excessively complimented Trump in phone calls with reporters (and had Trump's exact voice and manner of speaking). 

ahhhhh, good old John Barron.  I remember those calls.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Obligated by a big fat paycheck. Did you know that her and her husband started with nothing?

I know you are being facetious but Abby mentioned once she wished she had her husband's salary so yeah they aren't hurting.  Which makes me shake my head when she asks if programs like food stamps are really working.

At the end of the day she is a rich woman who grew up rich and wants to stay rich.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 20

I hate how often they advertise (better) topics that they never actually discuss. I didn't think that would happen with McCain out, but they did it again. The guest barely spoke. The only guest co-host so far they didn't ignore was Yvette. I guess we all know why Ana wasn't here this week instead of these filler hosts.

• Love 4

I'm not sure Whoopie appreciated the pushback from Bari Weiss about why Trump should be impeached.

If Meghan had been there today they would so not have been able to discuss making "jokes" about presidential children.

Abby was all "two wrongs don't make a right, so why bring up children in cages", but just before that, she brought up Adam Schiff's "parody", which happened almost 3 months ago (right before the official inquiry was launched, btw) as an example of how Democrats are doing a bad job of handling impeachment.

From the statement they showed, it sounded like Julianne Hough was supportive of Gabrielle Union.  Was she being very diplomatic?  Yes, but I really wonder what Sunny expected her to do. 

When they first talked about this the other day, Sunny specified that Gabrielle could afford to speak out without worrying about any backlash she might receive because her husband is worth over $100 million dollars.  Well, Sunny, maybe Julianne's husband isn't that well off.  (And I don't necessarily agree with Sunny that having financial stability is the reason Gabrielle Union spoke up.  She may have done it even if she didn't have a wealthy husband.)  

• Love 6

Actor, voice artist, activist, and author Gabrielle Union has been supporting herself since she was a teenager and has a net worth of $20 million herself.  Why did Sunny feel the need to bring up her husband's money?  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Actor, voice artist, activist, and author Gabrielle Union has been supporting herself since she was a teenager.  Why did Sunny bring up her husband's money?  

I'm sure it was an example of one of Sunny's old-fashioned views about marriage. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Sunny shows her seriously awesome intelligence, legal knowledge, and professionalism every day through her amazing comments.  

I think she is beautiful too.

So women can't have fun hairstyles AND be smart?

Frankly, over the years. ...and I am 65... I have often wondered why so many smart, professional women (local and national) looked so dowdy.  

I think they had to/were pressured to buy into that old stereotype of "looking serious", i.e., more like a man...... wearing plain suits, conservative hairdos,  no makeup, etc.... 

Not anymore. 

Look around. 

We won't go back. 

Wear and look like whatever you fucking want.  

Change the system from the inside.

Create your own corporations, ala Reese Witherspoon.

BTW, I loved RBG's style in the 70's/80's...see old pix of her. She  was stylin'!

Joy is my role model.  She was and is ALWAYS cool looking AND witty as hell and so likable. 

I wish I could love this 1000 times. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, lusinia said:
25 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Actor, voice artist, activist, and author Gabrielle Union has been supporting herself since she was a teenager.  Why did Sunny bring up her husband's money?  

I'm sure it was an example of one of Sunny's old-fashioned views about marriage. 

As much as I like her yesterday when she was talking about marriage being best for a couple having children I had to roll my eyes. She does know the divorce rate is at least 50% right?

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Where the heck is Ana?  I hope Meg didn’t get her booted. 

So they have Josh Groban on but didn’t let him sing? 😕

He didnt sing?  Blah.   Im sorry, saccharine moment here, but his voice just brings me to tears.  Carry on. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I hate how often they advertise (better) topics that they never actually discuss. I didn't think that would happen with McCain out, but they did it again. The guest barely spoke. The only guest co-host so far they didn't ignore was Yvette. I guess we all know why Ana wasn't here this week instead of these filler hosts.

Isnt she there tomorrow, Friday?  Although i too would have preferred both Ana and the fillers as i like them both.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

He didnt sing?  Blah.   Im sorry, saccharine moment here, but his voice just brings me to tears.  Carry on. 

Yes, he has a beautiful voice. And one of the best personalities of an entertainer, too, and handsome to boot. He's like a male version of Kelly Clarkson. He has it all.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

For being a co host on a show called the View Abby doesn't present her views like someone who really believes them or feels strongly about them.

YES! And it's not just about politics. How many times does she start with random anecdote about giving birth/being a new mom and say, "I decided at that moment that I would never judge another woman/mother...." 

Case in point, when Meghan Markle had her expensive New York baby shower, she's the only one who said she was turned off by the expense and how MM appeared to suddenly only have new A-list friends, but didn't seem to have any long-term friends. Then after commercial break, she took it all back like she was panicked, saying she loves MM, etc. Wait, what? She had just presented a view, one that maybe not everyone agreed with, but she had good points - and then backtracked? It wasn't even a political viewpoint. All I could think is that she was worried about a social media backlash or not being liked. 

• Love 8

Abby "grew up" with Julianne Hough?  Abby spent some time in Salt Lake City, but Julianne lived in a town forty miles away--AND moved to London for dance training when she was ten years old.  Abby claims to have "lived" in China and Russia ... so I wonder how/where their paths crossed.  

Also, Abby, you claim that Julianne started on "Dancing with the Stars;" her professional career started long before that job.

Edited by HaaCHOO
unworkable merge
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know you are being facetious but Abby mentioned once she wished she had her husband's salary so yeah they aren't hurting. 

And her husband probably wishes he received her quarterly trust fund checks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I think Dr Kaplan (who was awesome, btw, I'd enrol in Stanford Law School just to take her class) got "out ahead of her skis" (tm Meggie) when she made the Baron quip.  I think she forgot she wasn't in a lecture hall but was in front of a bunch of politicians who would do anything to make sure they made the nightly news.  (And I mean both sides.)

• Love 12

I can't stand Whoopi's "valley girl" voice (right up there with "welcometotheviewwelcometotheviewwelcomtotheview"). Blech

The Barron/baron statement was a bad pun and out of place in the venue. No, it is not the same as the Chelsea Clinton comments. The scholar apologized- what else can she do?

Abby is just so vacuous. I was going to say privileged but I guess you could say that about the entire panel.

I didn't miss MM and thank heaven she wasn't there for the "political kids" discussion. I think I heard somewhere that she is the daughter of a politician and knows a lot about politics because of her birth.

• LOL 10
  • Love 14

Abby is forever an idiot. I can't stand her. Politicians kids aren't the only kids that have feelings. That analogy won't hurt Baron in the least. He is probably more embarrassed by his parents. If bringing up the kids in cages is too much for her, please stop talking about your rich kids.

Juliana isn't going to say anything to make waves on her part. She is just bouncing back after that blackface Halloween costume incident.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, schroeder said:

YES! And it's not just about politics. How many times does she start with random anecdote about giving birth/being a new mom and say, "I decided at that moment that I would never judge another woman/mother...." 

Case in point, when Meghan Markle had her expensive New York baby shower, she's the only one who said she was turned off by the expense and how MM appeared to suddenly only have new A-list friends, but didn't seem to have any long-term friends. Then after commercial break, she took it all back like she was panicked, saying she loves MM, etc. Wait, what? She had just presented a view, one that maybe not everyone agreed with, but she had good points - and then backtracked? It wasn't even a political viewpoint. All I could think is that she was worried about a social media backlash or not being liked. 

I noticed the Markle shower comment too and I thought it was sound and cool that she disagreed but then the backtrack.  I wondered if her pr/agent had texted her about Markle being their client too and recommend she show  her to support . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

Isnt she there tomorrow, Friday?  Although i too would have preferred both Ana and the fillers as i like them both.

Yeah. I meant that we all know the reason there are fillers in the first place is snowflake McCain considering they already have a 5th co-host they could use in the absence of others. Ana is much better than these people, imo. The only one worth seeing so far was YNB. They should've just had her there the whole week if they weren't going to use Ana.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mellotune said:

I can't stand Whoopi's "valley girl" voice (right up there with "welcometotheviewwelcometotheviewwelcomtotheview"). Blech

I usually mute that part of the opening...and she usually does that "welcome" crap nine times.  This time I think she did it 12--maybe 13.  EGAD!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Ugh...I can't stand Bari Weiss. I forgot that she was on today as a guest host.

I don't even know who she is, but I'd label her INSIPID.

4 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

And blAbby thought it was “sick”?  

I'm Not a Republican Abby probably heard a congressman or two (or maybe a Fox talking head) say it was "sick," and thought it was a good and original talking point.  OOPS!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

At the end of the day she is a rich woman who grew up rich and wants to stay rich.

She's probably in the inherited family wealth position where NOTHING she does can make her not wealthy.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah. I meant that we all know the reason there are fillers in the first place is snowflake McCain considering they already have a 5th co-host they could use in the absence of others. Ana is much better than these people, imo. The only one worth seeing so far was YNB. They should've just had her there the whole week if they weren't going to use Ana.

Having a full week of YNB as a guest cohost would be awesome. At least we get to see Ana tomorrow, thank goodness.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ana seems to have a full and happy life.  She probably has to juggle a schedule to fit in even those Fridays we love.

Unfortunately for us, she loves living in Miami.

57 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm Not a Republican Abby probably heard a congressman or two (or maybe a Fox talking head) say it was "sick," and thought it was a good and original talking point.  OOPS!

Even though she doesn't work there anymore, she's still influenced by them.   

• Love 11