Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/02/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Dec. 2 – Yvette Nicole Brown guest co-hosts; The Political View with 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)                                                                                                    

Tuesday, Dec. 3 – Ronan Farrow guest co-hosts; Dennis Quaid (“Merry Happy Whatever”) 

Wednesday, Dec. 4 – Michael Eric Dyson (“JAY-Z: Made in America”) 

Thursday, Dec. 5 – Bari Weiss guest co-hosts; Josh Groban (“Josh Groban’s Great Big Radio City Show”) 

Friday, Dec. 6 – Day of Hot Topics 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, lusinia said:

So glad to see Yvette as a co-host again, and glad they rescheduled Ronan Farrow's co-hosting stint.  I'm also wondering who the missing co-host will be.

I just started reading his book last night. I had no idea he graduated from Yale Law School and passed the NY bar.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

So glad to see Yvette as a co-host again, and glad they rescheduled Ronan Farrow's co-hosting stint.  I'm also wondering who the missing co-host will be.

I'd guess Whoopi. Maybe they need her now to film her scenes for The Stand 

• Love 1

Love YNB. She can cut to the chase without being snarky. (Although she can snark with the best of them too.)

Abby is worried about how effective food stamps are. So says the daughter of privilege. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 22

YNB is such a breath of fresh air. I think Sunny and Joy have become resigned to the rhetoric the Daughters spew and don’t fight back hard anymore. When YNB was saying this was an “all hands on deck moment” during the Gabrielle Union discussion, Abby looked like this was breaking news to her, lol.

The irony of McCain criticizing Pete Davidson for being millennial--the woman who makes the whole show and everyone on it bend over backwards to make things easier for her. Practice what you preach, missy.

• Love 23

Drink every time Meg says “out over their skis.”

Abby looks confused by everything Amy K is saying. 

Just out of curiosity I checked the Dyson vac on Amazon.  It was $50 cheaper but the rebate made the Rakuten deal a few dollars less. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

"Metric" is Meghan's word of the day.

"Get out over their skies" is her phrase of the day.

I think Yvette being there caused Meghan to tone it down; she may not have even been aware of it, but it was a welcome change.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Funny tidbit unrelated to anything, but my girlfriend who uses twitter has had conversations with Yvette Nicole Brown several times. Apparently she interacts with her followers quite a bit. Just thought that was funny lol

when I went to a taping last year, Yvette was a guest co-host and during commercial breaks, the other hosts either stared at their phones or went back stage, Yvette, did q & a's for the audience. its was kind of cool.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

when I went to a taping last year, Yvette was a guest co-host and during commercial breaks, the other hosts either stared at their phones or went back stage, Yvette, did q & a's for the audience. its was kind of cool.  

I've loved her for a long time, particularly since she was co-host on the talk show with Jeff Probst!!!

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, deirdra said:

When Sunny was asking her long-winded question, Amy was looking at her long, dry, scraggly extensions with a sneer on her face.  So was I.

😂  I tuned in at just this very moment and totally saw that. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

They should make her permanent. maybe I'm so young but I remember when she was on drake and josh on Nickelodeon (show i loved from my childhood) she played Helen, and it's not surprising that she interacts with the audience, i went to a taping in 2017 and I was shocked to see how absolutely no one (except Sunny) would make interaction with the audience during breaks, i mean without the audience they wouldnt be no show. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

i mean without the audience they wouldnt be no show. 

I  think they forget that.  Meghan mentioned today about Gabrielle having a huge social media following. Nowadays shows use that to judge how well they are performing.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Hey, didn't MeAgain call out Klobuchar awhile back for invoking her father's name during her campaign?  She seemed intimidated by her today.

Amy Klobuchar traveled with Senator McCain when Senators would travel overseas, and Sen. McCain would always make sure Sen. Klobuchar was recognized, as sometimes the people in other countries would over-look the women Senators.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

Hey, didn't MeAgain call out Klobuchar awhile back for invoking her father's name during her campaign?  She seemed intimidated by her today.

Of course she was.  Senator Klochubar is a smart, industrious legislator with humility and a sense of humor who came from humble beginnings.  In other words, everything MM isn't.

• Love 17

The Gabrielle Union AGT stuff was interesting.  Although Megan wasn’t quite right about the male judges.  Piers Morgan, david  Huff and Howard stern were all judges. Simon and Howle have not been judges since the beginning.   

One report said Nick Canon brought up some of the same issues as Gabrielle but I don’t really remember that. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

The Gabrielle Union AGT stuff was interesting.  Although Megan wasn’t quite right about the male judges.  Piers Morgan, david  Huff and Howard stern were all judges. Simon and Howle have not been judges since the beginning.   

One report said Nick Canon brought up some of the same issues as Gabrielle but I don’t really remember that. 

I remember Nick Cannon saying NBC 'brass"(corporate) did not like when he started wearing the turbans & told him to stop or he would be fired, so I think Nick, basically, quit.   

35 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I always enjoy YNB. She's kind of the way MM fancies herself-intelligent, quick, and strong. A true tough chick. 

Maybe they can fire Meghan and bring in Yvette full-time 

• Love 14

I hope The Daughters get paid by the Biden campaign. He might be their preferred candidate but maybe they should look into fixing their own party instead of trying to berate Democrats into accepting (as they often do) more mediocrity. Also: siren song is not the same as dog whistle.

• Love 17

I've been getting disappointed with how Sunny and Joy talk about M4A. They use to be for it and now they keep talking about how it's dividing people and how people don't want to be off their insurance. It's getting annoying and it feels like they've changed their tune because Pete Buttigieg was leading the polls in Iowa.

• Love 2

Is Ronan wearing lipstick?   Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

I'm debating whether or not I agree with Abby (what?!) about Biden owning the word 'malarkey'.   She's got a point about him being true to himself.   On the other hand, it's not going to attract the younger crowd, like Sunny said.  I don't know what to think about it.

• Love 2

My father used the word malarkey all the time.  If he was still alive, he’d be 103.

Meghan is in a better mood because it’s Christmas.  Who knew?

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1