Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/02/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Sunny during the Biden discussion is the reason I hope she stays on the show for a long time. I'm tired of the whole group shoving their agenda down the viewers' throats uniformly. At least Sunny refused to go along with it this time, especially Abby's BS about Kamala Harris.

2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Kellyanne Conway is getting bullied, Abby? Wtf? Really?

Joy is right, she works for the Bully-In-Chief. 

I'm surprised Sunny and Joy didn't start laughing.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Free Kellyanne!  🙄

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Just a shallow note about today's show, I want Ronan's hair! 🙂  And Megan's plaid shirt does not match her sparkly skirt

Megs looks like she dressed herself up in holiday gift wrap.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

That was a rather awkward entrance by Dennis Quaid.   He made a point of not even touching any of the hosts, never mind hugging anybody.   He slightly acknowledged Abby and Sunny;  Joy and Meghan didn't even get a nod.  Is he afraid of getting View cooties?   ---    And if they hadn't mentioned his name, I wouldn't have recognized him.  What's he had done?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

There are so many incorrect statements in the segment about the Conways.  Kellyanne Conway is not a cabinet member, Meghan.

Sunny said George Conway has "worked in politics" and was a "Washington inner circle operative", just like his wife.  I had never heard this before, so I checked his Wikipedia page, and there's no mention of anything like that.  It just talks about his work as an attorney, which Sunny did mention. 

Then Abby said Kellyanne Conway is the one, other than Trump's family, to have been with him from the beginning.  She originally supported Ted Cruz and didn't join the Trump campaign until July 2016, after he was the nominee. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Sunny said George Conway has "worked in politics" and was a "Washington inner circle operative", just like his wife.  I had never heard this before, so I checked his Wikipedia page, and there's no mention of anything like that.  It just talks about his work as an attorney, which Sunny did mention. 

That’s probably a reference to a few things, one being he’s a member of the Federalist Society, which is a super conservative group of prominent lawyers. He also ghostwrote Paula Jones’ Supreme Court brief in her lawsuit against Clinton and was one of the lawyers who represented her as well. They talked about this a little in an A&E documentary about the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Basically Conway was popular in Washington conservative circles in the 90s.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I actually think the girls were on their best behavior with Ronan there.  Not as much over talking and no screaming fights. I enjoy him immensely because he is very measured in his comments and doesn’t rely on over generalization. I also appreciate the fact that he frequently credits his brave sources for their help with his reporting.

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Kellyanne Conway is a bully as well.

26 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And Megan's plaid shirt does not match her sparkly skirt

I think that might have been the ugliest outfit anyone's ever worn on the show.  I missed the first minute or two of the show, so I didn't get to see it when they walked out. 

From what I could see under the table, the skirt looked kind of like one of those those reflective blankets you used to be able to get to supposedly enhance the sun's tanning effect.  And then I noticed the yellow things on it.  Now I have to watch the beginning of the show to see those better.  What were they? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Is Ronan wearing lipstick?   Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

I'm debating whether or not I agree with Abby (what?!) about Biden owning the word 'malarkey'.   She's got a point about him being true to himself.   On the other hand, it's not going to attract the younger crowd, like Sunny said.  I don't know what to think about it.

I did a image search ( have to say it’s not the first time) the majority of pictures his lower lip is much darker in color. 
I would  rather have root canal than watch Cats. 
geez Sunny relying on blue cards about Dennis and comedy, Joy had covered that. He does look rough. 

• Love 5
On 12/2/2019 at 12:20 PM, jkspeaks said:

They should make her permanent. maybe I'm so young but I remember when she was on drake and josh on Nickelodeon (show i loved from my childhood) she played Helen, and it's not surprising that she interacts with the audience, i went to a taping in 2017 and I was shocked to see how absolutely no one (except Sunny) would make interaction with the audience during breaks, i mean without the audience they wouldnt be no show. 

Hehe mine was Pete and Pete.  I liked J & D also.  And 'afraid of the dark.  It was so good to see YB again and she played nice lol so hope she will be back.  Wonder why Ana wasnt the fill in rhis week....

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ronan was a good cohost. His contribution was relevant and informative. 

He googled "malarkey" before the show so he'd know the background of it.  What a novel idea, ladies, you should try preparing for the show too. And read & understand your blue cards so that you are not confused by them when you are on.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Orillia said:

I find it hilarious that Meghan has an issue with George Conway only being known because of who he's related to.

And she didn't care--or wouldn't listen when Sunny explained (more than once) that Conway was well known and respected before anyone heard of KellyAnne--and still is.

• Love 15
23 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I remember Nick Cannon saying NBC 'brass"(corporate) did not like when he started wearing the turbans & told him to stop or he would be fired, so I think Nick, basically, quit.  

I also told Nick to stop wearing those stoooopid turbans; concentrate on the crazy shoes.

On 11/27/2019 at 2:23 PM, blondiec0332 said:

I just started reading his book last night. I had no idea he graduated from Yale Law School and passed the NY bar.

Here's more!  He attended Bard College at Simon's Rock, later transferring to Bard College for a B.A. in philosophy, and becoming the youngest graduate of that institution at age 15.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Did Ahhh-bee slip?  We're supposed to pronounce her name Ahhhhby.  The announcer says Ahhhhby.  When she repeated the story of her husband's teasing her about the CATS trailer, he called her ABBY...like abba-dabba-abby!  What gives?  Did she forget?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

And she didn't care--or wouldn't listen when Sunny explained (more than once) that Conway was well known and respected before anyone heard of KellyAnne--and still is.

I'm sure Sunny, being an attorney, would have been aware of who George Conway is, but Kellyanne Conway has been on tv for years as a talking head, and was a regular guest on Bill Maher's ABC show Politically Incorrect.  

(George Conway made his first tv appearance on MSNBC's coverage of the opening day of the impeachment hearings, which was anchored by Nicolle Wallace and Brian Williams, and I was shocked at how pleasant he was.)

It was interesting that Meghan thinks if George Conway loved his wife he wouldn't publicly disagree with her or her boss.  That's kind of how she views any relationship she has - you're either all with her or you're against her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Meghan doesn't seem happy today. She's made a few side comments and is now not speaking and making faces. All because she wanted to speak and Sunny said that she wasn't finished.

Edit: they were discussing Kamala and Sunny was saying something and Meghan mentioned that Kamala was on the downtrend. Sunny countered by saying that the polls say otherwise. Meghan then said something like everyone knows I check the polls. (Abby made a weird face here) Sunny continue by mentioning the poll numbers. Meghan then wants to say something but Sunny said she's not finished and Meghan was like fine. I'm done. And it felt like a pin could drop. Meghan crossed her arms and made angry faces for most of this segment. Sunny continued Abby countered Joy chimed in and it was a normal convo. Then after that's done Joy asks Meghan if she wants to say something and no one speaks while she talks.

It was more of the same, but the contrast between Meghan wanting to talk and Abby wanting to talk is like a child vs an adult.

Edit 2: the end of the second segment Joy was saying something and people kept talking over her. She tried again and Meghan said something so Joy said, "Listen" and finished her point about how Republicans need to change regarding the impeachment. The break was coming so the camera was planning away and it looked like Joy and Meghan were arguing over this. 

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It was more of the same, but the contrast between Meghan wanting to talk and Abby wanting to talk is like a child vs an adult.

Meghan is the worst, but blAbby often starts talking when her cohosts or the guest is in the middle of a sentence. 

Joy should have said "I'm the moderator" to miserable Missy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Edit: they were discussing Kamala and Sunny was saying something and Meghan mentioned that Kamala was on the downtrend. Sunny countered by saying that the polls say otherwise. Meghan then said something like everyone knows I check the polls. (Abby made a weird face here) Sunny continue by mentioning the poll numbers. Meghan then wants to say something but Sunny said she's not finished and Meghan was like fine. I'm done. 

That's because Meghan thinks she's the expert on everything political.

You want to talk comedy ... go to Joy or Whoopie

You want to talk law ... go to Sunny

You want to talk about revealing family secrets ... go to Abby

But if you want to talk politics ... as Meghan reminded us for the 100th time , she's been in politics her entire life . She even attended a convention when she was still in her mother's womb

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You’ll prob get to see it again during the Christmas break. 😊

I'm sure it will be up on YouTube later.

1 hour ago, rcc said:

What did Sunny say about Kamala ending her campaign?

I missed a few minutes of the talk, but Sunny was saying how Kamala had better poll numbers than other people still in the race. It's up on YouTube now.

Whoopi is back tomorrow and Meghan is off for a grief convention thing.i

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'm sure it will be up on YouTube later.

I missed a few minutes of the talk, but Sunny was saying how Kamala had better poll numbers than other people still in the race. It's up on YouTube now.

Whoopi is back tomorrow and Meghan is off for a grief convention thing.i

Thanks.

1 hour ago, OhSarah69 said:

I have no problem with people speaking passionately about a subject, but belittling others (her "I DO read the polls every day!" mumbled under her breath as Sunny spoke) and crossing her arms like a spoiled little girl is not winning her any points.  I work at a place with a lot of strong female  leaders, and I have never in my life seen them exhibit ths kind of petulant behaviour (for the record, I haven't seen our male leaders do so, either). 

I assume you're referring to the male leaders at your workplace.  Adults who know how to behave so they can get the job done.

Meghan, as much as she claims to hate him, acts just like the petulant toddler in currently residing in the White House.

• Love 11

Just watched the Kamala Harris segment and Abby is dumb as a box of rocks if she truly believes that because we had a black POTUS for 8 years that disproves Sunny’s point about the racism and sexism Kamala faced. 

Meghan was just rude and snotty, but that’s par for the course at this point. She said she “literally” grew up around campaigns and my thing is - so what? You were on a tour bus and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly certain she didn’t play an active role in the campaign. She didn’t have an official title other than being the daughter of the person running. Oh and she wrote that stupid book while touring, so I guess there’s that. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 23

Joy was definitely pissed after that one segment when they went to break.  She was trying to make a point and MeAgain was blathering about something and interrupting her and looking to the audience for validation.  As the camera pulled back it appeared that Joy sort of flung her blue cards down and accused MeAgain of something, which MeAgain was accusing her of.  They were still at it when it went to commercial.  When they came back, Joy was all smiles and made a sort of comment about "The View".  MeAgain sat there stone-faced.

So Abby and Sunny continued their argument about Kamala that they started yesterday.  Much later, when Joy asked MeAgain to comment, she dramatically paused and said she was going to say something unpopular, but then went on to praise Kamala for the start of her campaign and her first debate performance, attacked her staffers who turned on her publicly, and said she thinks Kamala would make a good Vice President.  She did also say something about her campaign floundering blah blah but generally she was complimentary.  So why the need to be so bitchy!

are you crazy mood GIF

MeAgain also repeated her spiel about the Mueller report and being promised that Trump would be led away in golden handcuffs.  Abby repeated that what Trump did is wrong but it is a partisan impeachment and she doesn't like that.  Sunny repeated that Jay Z is screwing over Colin Kaepernick.

They seriously cannot come up with a new thought for the 10 minutes or so they have to opine on something?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Just watched the Kamala Harris segment and Abby is dumb as a box of rocks if she truly believes that because we had a black POTUS for 8 years that disproves Sunny’s point about the racism and sexism Kamala faced. 

Meghan was just rude and snotty, but that’s par for the course at this point. She said she “literally” grew up around campaigns and my thing is - so what? You were on a tour bus and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly certain she didn’t play an active role in the campaign. She didn’t have an official title other than being the daughter of the person running. Oh and she wrote that stupid book while touring, so I guess there’s that. 

And she didn't even complete that campaign on the bus, because her childish and entitled behavior got her ass booted. So technically she "worked" half a campaign. Fast forward 12 years later and she's learned nothing about professional workplace behavior. 

• Love 13

I wanted to hear Tyson explain his reasoning for supporting both Jay Z and Colin Kaepernick, but Sunny kept shutting him down and just repeated her view.  Why bother having guests if you won't let them speak?

• Love 4

Sunny had kind of a "Pebbles" hairstyle.

Meghan says Kamala "did incredible in her first debate" then mentioned "...her attack on Joe Biden" as an example of when Kamala started not doing well.  Which happened in that same debate!

So Meghan says that not all African Americans vote one way; that African Americans in one state vote differently than those in another state.  So does she think African Americans statewide, or even regionally are more likely to vote the same way?  

For a second I thought she was going to get called "Missy" again.

Here she goes again....it's so tiring to hear Meghan keep harping on Mayor Pete being polled at 0% with African American voters.  There are state and national polls that have higher numbers than zero, but you wouldn't know that from listening to her.  And she called it his "blind spot".  I'm not sure what she actually meant, but that term doesn't fit. 

(Was the audience kind of applauding for Meghan's absence tomorrow?  Or were they applauding the grief conference?)

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Sunny had kind of a "Pebbles" hairstyle.

I was thinking "I Dream of Jeannie".  Ridiculous on a 50-yr-old former prosecutor who wants to be taken seriously.

Meghan said Mayor Pete being polled at 0% with African American voters statistically could be -4%!  When I took statistics, we learned that the +/- percent couldn't be less than zero.  How many people does -4% of African American voters equal, Missy?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
On 12/3/2019 at 5:55 PM, HaaCHOO said:

12/2/2019 AT 6:47 PM, BUCKEYELOU SAID:

I remember Nick Cannon saying NBC 'brass"(corporate) did not like when he started wearing the turbans & told him to stop or he would be fired, so I think Nick, basically, quit.  

I also told Nick to stop wearing those stoooopid turbans; concentrate on the crazy shoes.

If i recall, i think it was over some joke he did, totally unrelated to AGT, but TPTB didnt like it and gave him an ultimatum.  He said 'Byyyyyyyyye Felicia!'

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

(Was the audience kind of applauding for Meghan's absence tomorrow?  Or were they applauding the grief conference?)

Which of these two scenarios would you applaud?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 12/3/2019 at 12:02 PM, Haleth said:

Ronan was a good cohost. His contribution was relevant and informative. 

I agree.  It's unfortunate, though, that Abby kept interrupting him.  I have no interest in listening to her boring, Captain Obvious ramblings when someone who is intelligent and has interesting insight is sitting right there.  And what about being polite to a guest co-host?  Abby, we can listen to your vapid "insight" every single day.  When someone like Ronan is on, shut up and listen so we can all do the same!

(I honestly expected there to be a lot of posts here about this.  It seemed to me that she interrupted him every time he tried to talk.  And he didn't try to talk over her or interject himself into the conversation.  He sat there politely and listened to her ramble on.  What a waste!  I would have loved to hear more from him and less from her.  She actually annoyed me more than Meghan today.  And that's saying quite a lot.)

• Love 16

I watched a little of The View form this week.  The topic was Biden using the "No Malarkey" slogan.   Young people don't know what that means.  And Meghan yells "Old people VOTE!"  then reads some statistics off a blue card - about voters over 65. 

SHe pissed me off.  First, let's not refer to everyone over 65 as "OLD PEOPLE."  For someone who is caught up in her grief about her elderly father dying, she should think about her words.  second, why not just SAY what you mean?  You can make the point that "more people over 65 vote than do people age 18 -whatever"  without picking up a card and reading the percentages.  The fact that she had that card at the ready means she had decided to make that point, it wasn't spontaneous.  so say what you mean, don't read numbers, and for god sake don't label a good portion of your audience  as "OLD people."  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 13
57 minutes ago, Axie said:

Which of these two scenarios would you applaud?

The first one, of course!    

I was hoping Meghan would be off Friday, too, so I found the website for the grief symposium, and unfortunately, she's part of the first presentation, which is bright and early (and scheduled for a short 25 minutes), so she'll have plenty of time to get back.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 1

What did Meghan say to Joy? That was an uncomfortable segment end. Was she mocking her?

Sunny did not come off well today. Regarding polls, she was flat out wrong. Kamala was polling consistently in the teens, and it now below 5% Meghan was right. And this is the last time I'll ever write that sentence again.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Well i checked one video on youtube dated for today 12/4 and it was the Michael Douglas ep.  It was also the time that all those Reps stormed that guy who was trying to give an update to somebody.  Im sorry i know zero names.  and then she said, and then he said and then they said, and then she said again....lol.  Can i ask the people that got an ep, what time was in and what time zone are you in?  Thanks.