Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/02/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Didn't Nicolle Wallace get fired for being too bland?   Well, Ah-bee is bland X 20.   (I thought I read that about Nicolle when she was let go; that she wasn't controversial enough, or something.)

It may have been that she didn't know enough "celebrity culture."  She does joke that they let her go because she didn't know about the Kardashians.  ABC should have held their horses a bit; we rarely have much about celebrities and Nicolle proves EVERY WEEKDAY that she knows more than the entire The View panel about politics.

I love that girl and her show ... although I gripe about her formerly fabulous hair now and then.

• Love 19

On the topic of jokes...I loved every aspect of Joe Biden's "conversation" with the guy who KNOWS all about Hunter Biden because he "heard it on TV."  I saw Biden's little smirk when he told the (older than Joe) guy he was too old to vote for him.  That wasn't literal.  IT'S A JOKE, folks.  Tip your waitresses and bartenders.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Good thing she was at death conference yesterday or whatever she called it , or she might not know how to react to a child dying on a concrete floor.

I thought she said “death” conference apposed to grief also and thought it was odd so looked to see what it was. It’s called End Well and there’s over 20 people who are well qualified experienced and educated in the medical field regarding the  end of life. ( one young father who has same brain cancer as her father who is very active in palliative care and advocacy.  I can not imagine what she had to contribute ,her grief should be put in perceptive if she stayed to listen to others. She might  learn something. 

Abby should have  a bobble head grinning doll because she nods and bounces her head while babbling. lol.  She ( and Bari ) parrots everyone is exhausted regarding the impeachment but  actually some wish it didn’t have to be done but are still interested in this time in history.   She has the biggest smile on her face while telling us Trump is still here and probably will be re-elected and we’ll be sitting here in 2 years.  Makes me stabby. 
Lithgow tried to use humor to make a point Hitler was a nice guy.   So happy Ailes taught MeAgain so much about broadcasting.  Would that be pouting ,rolling your eyes ,smirking ,screaming at your co-workers and stomping off set? Any other organization HR would be walking her out the door. 
Never  mind what he did to so many women he was good to me.  
 Are the twins  implying Nancy went to the drawing board and is hawking merchandise?  I second Joy’s  question does it come in black? lol 

• Love 16
17 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Because she truly doesn't have a sense of humor.  Anyone else with a brain and a wit would have laughed at Joy's quick response--most couldn't help it.   Poor widdo ( that's how she pronounces it sometimes) Meghan...can't hop off the chair and stomp her little Loubitins, so she'll cross her arms and remain in pissed mode.  She'll show Joy!  She'll show us.  She'll show EVERYONE!!!  We'll all be sorry.

The best part of all this is that we know that at 3:00 on Sunday morning, Meghan will think of a perfect response to Joy's comment ("Your MOM'S a MAGA HAT!"), but alas, it will be too late.  Only Meghan could act like "What about MAGA Hats?" is a cutting remark. There are actual middle schoolers who would be better at Meghan's job and quicker on the uptake. 

Edited by Vanderboom
corrected a quote box fail
  • LOL 11
  • Love 13

Misc notes:

Ana - YOU change places with Missy ok?  You come for 4 days a week.  Shoot three eps Thursday and take another day.  And she can come back for one. Please with sugar on top?

John Lithgow -  can i just say (LOL) how much i love this guy. He can do it all, comedy, drama, awesome personality.  I think he even sings too.  Ok now the weirdness.   Knowing what person/monster he was playing,  it just seemed a tad weird when he came out and hugged everyone.  And then whats the first thing he says?  'you all look beautiful', or something to that extent.  Now he was very nice and i didnt take offense, but it just had a weirdness to it.  It would seem like that kind of role could fuck a person up.  The dark side lol. Kinda like Charles Manson.  Really dark side.  I was watching a show abt the Black Dahlia murder case. Sad. Ok have a good night all 😄

59 minutes ago, TheView said:

Meghan’s outfit really showed off her boobs. Sarah Palin can see them from her house. 

Hah!  You said * house * 🙀

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So weird...my comment was quoted...but a "the" was added--by whom?  It makes no sense, but how does that work?

I wrote, "Poor widdo ( that's how she pronounces it sometimes) Meghan...." yet the quote says this: Poor the widdo ( that's how she pronounces it sometimes) Meghan  ...

I wasn't calling her a "widow," I was calling her "little."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

So weird...my comment was quoted...but a "the" was added--by whom?  It makes no sense, but how does that work?

I wrote, "Poor widdo ( that's how she pronounces it sometimes) Meghan...." yet the quote says this: Poor the widdo ( that's how she pronounces it sometimes) Meghan  ...

I wasn't calling her a "widow," I was calling her "little."

Meghan does act like a widow sometimes. You don't need to apologize. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I was surprised that no one brought up Abby's comments on Thursday about the way regarding the lack of care of children at the border during the conversation on Friday. I was quite surprised at her about face. 

• Love 9
On 12/5/2019 at 11:14 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, he has a beautiful voice. And one of the best personalities of an entertainer, too, and handsome to boot. He's like a male version of Kelly Clarkson. He has it all.

Yes!  Totally agree!  Is he married?  Just curious.. 

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Marigny said:

I was surprised that no one brought up Abby's comments on Thursday about the way regarding the lack of care of children at the border during the conversation on Friday. I was quite surprised at her about face. 

I think before she saw the dead BOY on the concrete floor she simply parroted others' words.  A lot of blah-blah-blah rolls around in her brain and spills out her mouth without a thought.  This gave her pause.  It's about time!

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Marigny said:

That's why the videos needed to be seen, as Joy & Sunny said.  If Abby had just heard words describing the boy's death on a concrete floor strewn with a couple of space blankets, she would have dismissed them as too much talking about detained kids at the border, like she did on Thursday.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Personally - I think Abby being confused or struggleing is too late.

She dismissed the caging of children as a talking point by the left. I was shocked at her coldness being the fact that she is a mother. I wish that Joy or Sunny had told her that she will see her 3 kids after work.  She will get to kiss them, hug them, play with them. There are parents at the border who will never see their children. These same children will be traumatized for life.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

These same children will be traumatized for life.  

Joy tries to make this point every time the topic is discussed.  She's usually ignored or talked over (Meghan!).

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Tammee said:

Totally agree!  Is he married?  Just curious.. 

Josh has never been married.  Here's a bit I swiped from some Internet rag:

Josh Groban’s dating history boasts January Jones, Katy Perry, and Selma Blair. Until 2017, he was dating Two Broke Girls star Kat Dennings.  Shortly after his relationship with Dennings ended, he was reported to be dating actress-writer Schuyler Helford. They made their red carpet debut as a couple at the 72nd Tony Awards in June 2018, which Josh Groban was co-hosting. They are still a couple.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

She dismissed the caging of children as a talking point by the left. I was shocked at her coldness being the fact that she is a mother.

I need to be reminded often how cruel Sweet Abby can be.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I need to be reminded often how cruel Sweet Abby can be.

She can be as cold as ice and very dismissive.  No different than her partner in crime on the panel.  Missy's faux tears after they showed the video were enough to make me want to throw something at the TV. She has sat there in the past pissed as hell that anyone would dare compare what's going on at the border to what a POW experiences.  She was vile. Of course, she had to find a way to bring the video back to her as she rambled on about having attended a grief or end of life conference the day prior.  She makes me ill.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

She can be as cold as ice and very dismissive.  No different than her partner in crime on the panel.  Missy's faux tears after they showed the video were enough to make me want to throw something at the TV. She has sat there in the past pissed as hell that anyone would dare compare what's going on at the border to what a POW experiences.  She was vile. Of course, she had to find a way to bring the video back to her as she rambled on about having attended a grief or end of life conference the day prior.  She makes me ill.

Abby and Missy aren't people. They're personifications of temperaments. Abby is Sugar and Missy is Spice.   

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, TheView said:

Abby and Missy aren't people. They're personifications of temperaments. Abby is Sugar and Missy is Spice.   

I would say vinegar and oil. 

They do make word salads frequently.

Incoherently, most of the time.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Watching Joy and Whoopi explaining the false equivalency between the play on words with Barron and children being in cages is so cringeworthy. I'm curious what MM would have said. 

NO ONE DID ANYTHING TO BARRON ABBY. I think most of us are all for leaving innocent kids alone. All of us with any heart are. If someone was bashing Barron we'd all be horrified, Joy and Whoopi included. 

Melania Trump didn't need to get all mama bear with this either. The Trumps all seem to want nothing but the utmost respect with no one questioning anything or merely bringing up a name. Yet they have no issue with their own saying and doing whatever. That's what's truly biased Melania. I guess this is the same woman who considers herself one of the most bullied people in the world. Not those kids in cages, but wait, we're not supposed to talk about that because Abby is bored of it. 

I'm glad Joy asked where the First Lady is on the migrant children dying in federal custody. That video was heartbreaking. I checked her Twitter, and nothing. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Not those kids in cages, but wait, we're not supposed to talk about that because Abby is bored of it. 

Honestly that is right up there in the View Hall of Shame with Elisabeth's remarks about kids losing their health insurance screaming what about the parents.  For two mothers I would expect them to have more compassion.

When Abby was talking about the border children and how the story is always brought up by Democrats and blah blah blah she threw in there how horrifying it was but if she really believed that she wouldn't complaining about having to always hear about it.

• Love 12
On 12/7/2019 at 6:13 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I think before she saw the dead BOY on the concrete floor she simply parroted others' words.  A lot of blah-blah-blah rolls around in her brain and spills out her mouth without a thought.  This gave her pause.  It's about time!

I hope that vision keeps her up at night. Show needs Ana rather than Megan and Abby.  One is too immature/mean and the other is well, bless her heart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Since I'm about as close to to 80 as I am to 79 and was the owner of "nice" large breasts that now challenge Whoopi's for hanging low...I've decided that Meghan is "comforting" herself every time she crosses her chest in pissed-anger/ exasperation.  She's also taking some weight off her bra straps/shoulders/back.  It's mental and physical therapy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3