Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Problem is this version of Sam will get mad for 1 episode at most and forget about it.

If she even gets mad. Sam knows Carly has always been Jason's top priority. Sam is gross to emotionally manipulate Spinelli into helping her idiotic plan. And Spinelli is his typical weaselly self to manipulate Maxie to make the decision for him. Ugh.

Fergus is blinded by his grudge against Alexis. Accusing her of playing the long game? Jigga wha? Plus, he's so one-note with his complaining. Zzzzz.

Amanda Setton, it's barolo, two long o's, not barulo. Eesh.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Kudos to JE and JS. The Tracy-Chase scenes today were beautifully acted and a lovely tribute to Gregory.

Thank god for Tracy's verbal "snap out of it" to Chase. He's sliding into being maudlin. I know he just found out about Gregory's death, but the show always goes to "it's my fault [x happened]," and I find it so overused and it exasperates me instead of making me feel any empathy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you had the power to kill your dad, Chase. Spare me. 

The Carly/Brennan stuff was so dumb. But LOL that he told her he'd happily kill Jason if he had to. That knocked her back for a few minutes.

• Like 10
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Thank god for Tracy's verbal "snap out of it" to Chase. He's sliding into being maudlin. I know he just found out about Gregory's death, but the show always goes to "it's my fault [x happened]," and I find it so overused and it exasperates me instead of making me feel any empathy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you had the power to kill your dad, Chase. Spare me. 

It is overused, but in this case, I feel like Chase's feelings are understandable/ valid. He thought he had more to spend with his Dad because though Gregory was getting worse, he was still able to have conversations, breathe on his own, walk, etc. I got the impression that Chase was a little in denial about how sick Gregory was, in part because Gregory and Finn had kept the truth from him for a while.  

There has been so much focus on the wedding and Gregory officiating. Then his father dies overnight after the wedding. It's not a huge leap from Chase's perspective to think his father putting pressure on himself to not let the bride and groom down and being the proud, socializing father of the groom all night accelerated the strain on his body.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Except as Tracy pointed out, it was the honor of Gregory's life to officiate at the wedding. No one forced him to do it, and Gregory was aware enough of his condition to have a backup plan if he couldn't do it.

I don't think Chase is wrong to wonder if the wedding was too much for Gregory, but to ignore how much Gregory wanted to be there is patronizing to Gregory, IMO.

• Like 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Chase is wrong to wonder if the wedding was too much for Gregory, but to ignore how much Gregory wanted to be there is patronizing to Gregory, IMO.

I think it's the most normal thing in the world to wonder this sort of thing when a loved one passes on. Gregory was expected to die because of his ALS, but his death was still very sudden. 

This is why Tracy visiting was so important. She did what Finn couldn't do for his brother because he is hurting so much over the loss. Tracy was the voice of reason which is what Chase needed.

Fergus Byrne is not needed as a character. They could have come up with something better if they wanted LD on the show.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1

Where is John? Probably dead, since Anna is so busy counseling Dex not to press charges against Sonny and discussing Sonny ad naseum with Jason that she never bothered to tell John that Carly outed him and the whole FBI investigation of Pikeman to Brennan. Also, good job keeping Carly out of Brennan's hospital room, Anna. Let me guess, Carly incapacitated the guards with her charm.  

Fergus Byrne is DOA. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam is gross to emotionally manipulate Spinelli into helping her idiotic plan. And Spinelli is his typical weaselly self to manipulate Maxie to make the decision for him. Ugh.

Sam and Spinelli played "who's the bigger asshole??" today with those scenes.  I really wish Spinelli WOULD get caught and get shipped off to whatever hellhole prison Steven Lars is in (in other words, somewhere off screen for good) so there would be actual ramifications for all these idiots blind devotion to Jason. 

Ferguson Byrne: the 'why, why, why?" character of 2024.  At least so far.

• Like 3

Starting to believe that NLG and LD only have onscreen chemistry when they are feeding/hooking up IRL because things were wonky between them the last time he was on GH as well. 

• Like 1

If the Chase/Brooklyn wedding was an IRL thing, it would be incredibly selfish to put Gregory through all that. Heck, even his attending the festivities would be an "if it's a good day" kind of thing. So yes, in a way that ceremony probably would have killed him.

But I get that in the universe of the show, Tracy is right that it gave him a purpose, and likely extended his life. As a VIEWER, I would have liked to have enjoyed Gregory for a little longer free of the context of the wedding, the wedding, the wedding. 

Have we talked, though, about how good his acting at the pulpit was? He made that attack, and then the recovery, seem so real. 

• Like 10

Can Tracy please continue her tour of Port Charles?  She’s gotten me choked up a couple of times and JE definitely brings out the best work from her scene partners.

The Alexis/Fergus scenes seemed pointless to me but I guess were just a plot contrivance to get NLG and LD a little more shared screen time.

I had to FF through the Spinelli scenes - he just has too much frantic energy for me and their use of what appears to be a spare storage room (complete with the shaky camera) as a set doesn’t help.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

The actor who plays Spinelli (blanking on the name without looking it up) is aging well. I would not have guessed when he first appeared that he would be this handsome and fit almost 20 years later. I still remember when he was a nerdy little guy who always carried his computer around in a messenger bag, and came up with "The Bad Blond One," "The Fair Lulu," "The Valkyrie," "Mister Sir," and all the other nicknames.  

Alexis has good chemistry with Cameron's grandfather! 

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Fergus Byrne is not needed as a character. They could have come up with something better if they wanted LD on the show.

He sure isn't, and the writing for him is TERRIBLE. So one-note and repetitive. It's also absurd that he has personal ties to this case and no one has said boo. I know the show is allergic to RL stuff like conflict of interest unless it's a plot point, but the fact this isn't a plot point is ridiculous. The only reason Alexis lost her law license in the first place is because Fergus made it happen.

15 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Also, good job keeping Carly out of Brennan's hospital room, Anna. Let me guess, Carly incapacitated the guards with her charm.  

LOL. If this were a logical version of Anna, I'd think she deliberately told Carly not to visit Brennan because she knew Carly would ignore her, and Anna could get some decent intel. This Anna? She's been very stupid, so who knows?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I am so disappointed that Lane Davies's return turned out to be THIS. Waa-waa-waa, I stopped talking to my brothers over what our father left or didn't leave me for 10 years. But when I heard they died, it has to be YOUR fault, Alexis. Shut up, Fergus.

I think it would have been better had Fergus been a character who showed up to help Alexis get her license back.

And for FUCK'S SAKE. Anna is having conversations with Jaysus, that she should be having with Jagger! What happened to the Anna who got the epiphany about Mooby, and went to Jagger's room to have a drink and apologize? She's acting like one of Mooby's enablers, talking about something MUST be wrong with Mooby for him to have lashed out at Dex! Oh, the horrors!

I want my real Anna Devane back. I hope Robert and Mac can smack (metaphorically) sense back into her head before the show goes back to the same old status quo.

And STFU, Maxie! Mac is your dad, and you're A-Okay in telling Jar-Jar Binks to commit a felony? Real Great Writing There.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What happened to the Anna who got the epiphany about Mooby, and went to Jagger's room to have a drink and apologize?

I can name that tune in one note: Korte

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 4

The intimacy and warmth of BLQ and Chase and Finn and Alexis grieving Gregory is in stark contrast to the cool distance between Elizabeth and Finn. Elizabeth sounds like she's saying she'll continue to look out for Violet but now that she's seen the dark addict side of Finn (regardless of the circumstances) she's done with the romantic relationship. 

Kudos to ME and especially NLG; I really believed their sorrow over losing Gregory.

The only good stuff in Nina scenes is watching Maxie all but smack her in the head for being pathetic.

Ava's smug distain for Nina and then Alexis in the same episode is not a good look. Actually Ava, your baby daddy Sonny ended Julian's life. But sure, blame Alexis for how Julian's life turned out. 

Willow literally throwing herself at Drew's body would be less embarrassing than his grins and her "OMG PROMISE ME you'll run for office!" yuckiness.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Agreed with the comments re LD and NLG. Partly the character/story, but LD just seems tired, no energy. 

I'm rewatching old SB and old GH, so best of both worlds.

I FF the scene with Anna and Jason. I just assumed it was in the category of Thing I Never Want to See. I can do without Anna kissing Jason's ass or whatever that is.

So I catch GH on demand- I find it kind of hysterical that even with commercials the cable company has it at 36 mins. And even that is hard for the writers to make compelling, I gather.

When does that new show Gates start, wonder if it will be any good.

Edited by cleo
  • Useful 1

I find that Gregory's death and this sort of tribute this character is getting is better than what we got with Epiphany or Bobbie in that they're really allowing the story to breathe. I think the main difference is that the actresses died in real life. I like how the whole thing has been and is being handled.

So when are Willow and Drew going to bang? 

Ava/Nina, Nina/Maxie, Ava/Alexis, Alexis/Finn were all really good scenes.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

It doesn't seem like the Cerullos to give someone a bottle of bourbon, especially one that is supposed to be more craft-y. The show has written them to be such clichés that I'd expect them to give Finn a bottle of amaretto or Sambuca or something like that. Though maybe they went to their local liquor store and asked what to give a fancy doctor at his brother's wedding.

"That woman has a history of murder and mayhem. With a touch of poisoning." "Who doesn't?" Hee. But Maxie is right. Nina should ignore Ava, not antagonize her.

LOL that Willow thinks politics is what's going to snap Drew out of his funk. And she thinks he's "owned up to" his insider trading? He blames Nina for all of it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I'm not watching, but how in the world are they blaming Alexis for Neil and his brother's deaths?? She had nothing to do with the Harmony and Willow secret which is what got them killed. If Neil had actually turned to drugs after he lost his job and all, maybe I could see them blaming her a little bit. Even then, they both made the choice to get involved with each other which is what really lost them their jobs. That and people finding out about it and telling on them.

And now Ava is involved?? OMG. Lol Julian and Alexis were way beyond done at the end of his life. Wasn't he happy with Kim for quite awhile? Maybe Ava should be blaming her. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 3

MW was very good in those Ava/Alexis scenes.  The dialogue was very precise, and I thought she performed it well.  Overall, this episode is a good example of how to use the Ava character.

• Like 5

You know, I could kinda understand Ava blaming Alexis for Julian’s downfall. It’s completely deluded and misses the point of why Alexis left him but she’s said before that she thought Julian was still in love with her when he died and maybe he would have felt more motivated not to pull the crap he did if he still had her. However, where she lost me is claiming to care enough about Julian to want to harm Alexis yet mooning over and trying to play house with the guy who actually murdered him. 

• Like 4

Overall, a decent episode today.  All of the scenes between Finn and Alexis were gold.  The scenes between Finn and Elizabeth, not so much.  

I am beginning to buy Brooklyn and Chase as a couple.  Which is a good thing, I guess, considering the wedding.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

You know, I could kinda understand Ava blaming Alexis for Julian’s downfall. It’s completely deluded and misses the point of why Alexis left him but she’s said before that she thought Julian was still in love with her when he died and maybe he would have felt more motivated not to pull the crap he did if he still had her. However, where she lost me is claiming to care enough about Julian to want to harm Alexis yet mooning over and trying to play house with the guy who actually murdered him. 

This is why it would make sense if Ava had entrenched herself in Sonny's life to bring him down, but I don't feel like the show understands the opportunity they have and this big justification.

Also the whole a good woman can save a guy trope is played and should die the painful death it deserves.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
20 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Did Alexis get her law license back?

(please please please say she did).

We won't know for another month or three. The judges said 30 days, but who knows how long that will be in Show Time?

Fergus can then try in the actual appeal to draft brief after brief, motion after motion, to argue against Alexis gaining her license, if they decide Alexis can appeal the decision. 

I'm really not sure what they're going to do because this is Soap Opera Land Court.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

However, where she lost me is claiming to care enough about Julian to want to harm Alexis yet mooning over and trying to play house with the guy who actually murdered him. 

Ava's morals have always been flexible, depending on what she needs/wants at the time. I would like the show to move things along so we know what she needs/wants now. She's slowly making it so that she's Sonny only confidante, but why? To what end? And it's time that someone starts wondering about Sonny's meds. Especially with his latest bashing of Dex, it's ridiculous no one is taking a closer look at the meds situation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wow, Liz is still dressing Finn down even after he apologizes and explains and demonstrates he is back on track. She's "never seen that side of him and never thought she would." Yes, it's disappointing, I get it, but I'm sure Finn never thought he's see that side of you that would abet in keeping a pregnant woman hostage in a castle, but he doesn't seem to be throwing that in your face.  

Finn and Alexis have several kajillion times more chemistry than Alexis and Fergus.

Ava's such a bitch, but she looks great doing it!  🤣 All the "you'll regret this!" stuff is making me worried for her.

• Like 9

An I supposed to hate Liz with this?  Finn lost his dad yesterday. He  found him dead in his room, had to call coroner, watched him wheeled out. He took a few drinks and she's attacking him for not understanding yesterday? 

He's going to meetings, he's talking about it with Alexis. He apologized about it. He hasn't even buried his father yet she can't give him an inch. 

Ava needs to really shut up about defending Sonny beating Dex to anyone who was there. At least Trina is seeing the real Ava. 

She's not making friends today and could be a Who did it at this rate. 

Willow, government needs people like Drew? A felon? Government needs no more of those. Was that mentioned at all in the list of accomplishments? 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Ava went to kill Julian just before Sonny got to him! I guess their culpability doesn't count, because in her mind it was like putting down a sick dog that had Alexis rabies.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/22/2024 at 5:27 PM, lilabennet said:

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't be surprised if TIIC took fans' requests to see Elizabeth more and decided to write a story in such a way to make Elizabeth out to be a bitch. If she and Finn do break up, then it will be all her fault, how heartless she must be to abandon him when his dad just died, she should be more understanding about the drinking and help him get clean, etc. What else is new?

Called it! TIIC are so predictable. 🙄

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1

Either the show is writing off Maura West or she’s leaving on her own. Today I knew when Alexis was going to the art gallery she was going to bring up her past crimes (not word for word though) and, if she gets her law license back it will be her first order of business. At first, Ava wasn’t bothered by it but a split second later I think she realized that Alexis is gonna come after her. It’s the perfect culmination for the character to pay for her crimes and usher off to jail. Of course, I don’t want this but it looks like this where it was heading at this current time but who knows now with the writer shakeup…..again.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Either the show is writing off Maura West or she’s leaving on her own. Today I knew when Alexis was going to the art gallery she was going to bring up her past crimes (not word for word though) and, if she gets her law license back it will be her first order of business. At first, Ava wasn’t bothered by it but a split second later I think she realized that Alexis is gonna come after her. It’s the perfect culmination for the character to pay for her crimes and usher off to jail. Of course, I don’t want this but it looks like this where it was heading at this current time but who knows now with the writer shakeup…..again.

Unless Alexis decides to also work for the District Attorney's office, she won't be able to go after Ava. That is what the cops and DA's office does. Supposedly.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Either the show is writing off Maura West or she’s leaving on her own.

I wonder if Ava's going to murder Nina.

• Useful 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

An I supposed to hate Liz with this?  Finn lost his dad yesterday. He  found him dead in his room, had to call coroner, watched him wheeled out. He took a few drinks and she's attacking him for not understanding yesterday? 

He's going to meetings, he's talking about it with Alexis. He apologized about it. He hasn't even buried his father yet she can't give him an inch. 

I don't think her behavior is really about Finn. When Elizabeth said she has to put Violet first and he didn't seem to understand that, it seemed like she had gone back in time to her marriage to Lucky during the worst of his addiction and her need to protect/take care of her little boy, Cam. Elizabeth and Lucky never actually healed, forgave and moved forward as a couple in love after the night she caught his addicted self with Maxie and she and Jason conceived Jake during their night together. 

Elizabeth never got real therapy for that (and various other traumas). So, when she sees behavior in Finn that reminds her of Lucky, she feels hurt, is very firm with him about his unacceptable behavior (because being gentler/compassionate with Lucky didn't have the outcome she wanted), and totally withdraws emotionally all the while seeing Cam in little Violet. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

Molly is so mean when it comes to Kristina. She’s carrying your child. Yet she talks like she’s an inconvience. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
16 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

That was very well explained Bringonthedrama. Your post has made me rethink my attitude to Elizabeth in that moment. 

Much appreciated!  I interpreted her comment about "that side of you" as her being deeply dismayed that Finn's behavior could ever remind her of addicted Lucky. The possibility of being in a relationship with an actively addicted man again when she has felt like they are in healthy place, must be frightening for her.  

Also, I'm confused about the Dante/Molly scene. Has Dante genuinely not known all this time that Kristina is pregnant?  Or did he not know/had completely forgotten that she's a surrogate for Molly and TJ? 

And what's with Sam being all "Mom's stronger than we think"? Alexis has survived a lot and she didn't need to live off various men's money to do it, Sam. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Willow thinks that because Drew found Liesl in Greenland he'll be a good Congressman? Okay...

I love how Sonny admitted he might not listen to what Joss has to say, but at least she'll be able to get it off her chest.

Dex, you're in a public park. I doubt Sonny had to work that hard to find you.

Shut up, James. Please choke on your ice cream. Felicia, you can have some problems too.

3 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Molly is so mean when it comes to Kristina. She’s carrying your child. Yet she talks like she’s an inconvience. 

Kristina can't win. You know Molly and TJ would rag on her for not being active enough if she stayed inside the way they want her to. I hope Blaze calls Kristina to giver her a head's up that Molly knows about the beating.

• Like 3

Christina barely seemed to have a reaction to the fact that Sonny shot Dante on purpose. (But the last few minutes were cut off due to news for me.) Everyone is acting like Sonny was not a murderous mob thug up until a few weeks ago or something. 

Really hope Willow is about to wake up to what an odious wanker Michael is. Of course, hanging her star on Drew will only be another questionable choice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

No Dante, Mooby didn’t shoot you in the stomach-he SHOT.YOU.IN.THE.CHEST. And you lying about it had NOTHING to do with him being your sperm donor. You idiotically thought he would be guilty of the racketeering charges and you lied for your Mama.

STFU, Molly.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Willow campaign manager? WTH? Her whole speech sounded so canned and self-righteous.

I like to see Dante and Kristina interact, I’m sorry it’s just always about Sonny.

• Like 5

Molly telling Dante she hasn't seen Kristina because of work shows how disconnected with this baby and she's clueless about the wedding. They're not involved. 

Molly didn't even attempt to tell her bye when Sam offered to take her to Dante and then Molly is complain that Kristina didn't tell her about Sonny. Then she's keeping Kristina far away from the baby?  

I'm going to be team Kristina keeping it at this rate. 

Sam judging about facing consequences is pretty funny.  The woman hides Jason's crimes for how long? Who herself committed how many crimes?

Why is there more mourning and Davis family coming together for Gregory than they did for Spencer? 

Hate to agree with Michael but he was right, he's a felon.  He has a mobster brother. He has ex of Carly. Willow is an idiot. 

So Drew becomes Congressman that explains CMs time off? Is that the plan? 

• Like 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless Alexis decides to also work for the District Attorney's office, she won't be able to go after Ava. That is what the cops and DA's office does. Supposedly.

You’re a forgetting something. This is a soap and real laws don’t apply. Otherwise, Sonny would have been in jail years ago. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 2

Where does Finn live that he has a water tower outside his window?  Paramount studios?

Spinelli, if you move back in, could you please redecorate?  Maxie's house is hideous.  It's almost as bad as the Gatehouse. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

The writing for Molly is giving me whiplash.   One day she and Kristina are besties again, the next she is saying as soon as the baby's born "Kristina and her drama will be far away from me."  Firstly, how is what her father did immediately assigned as Kristina's "drama?"  Kristina was minding her own damn business at a wedding and just getting a gd piece of cake when she walked in on Sonny beating up Dex.  I guess it's her fault for...leaving her apartment?  Secondly, now you're going to keep  the baby away from her?  No good deed goes unpunished. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The writing for Molly is giving me whiplash.   One day she and Kristina are besties again, the next she is saying as soon as the baby's born "Kristina and her drama will be far away from me."  Firstly, how is what her father did immediately assigned as Kristina's "drama?"  Kristina was minding her own damn business at a wedding and just getting a gd piece of cake when she walked in on Sonny beating up Dex.  I guess it's her fault for...leaving her apartment?  Secondly, now you're going to keep  the baby away from her?  No good deed goes unpunished. 

That was so gross.  And when she told Alexis she was worried about telling TJ because he would "go straight to Kristine".  Why don't they both man up and go straight to SONNY!?  You know, the person who actually caused the distress by beating someone up at a wedding?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Molly sees Kristina as nothing more than her incubator. If she didn't, she wouldn't behave like this. I used to want TJ and Molly on screen, now I wish I had never wanted that. They suck really hard. They've also made zero effort to try and bond with the baby as far as we know. 

What happens when the baby grows up and turns out to be a lot like Kristina? Are we going to return them to the incubator or blame Kristina for not having enough kale and eating cake at the wedding reception?

This storyline is really bad. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3