Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

They can also have Curtis be in trouble with the law. The whole "I suspect he didn't have a choice" is such a bullshit argument. Selena is using his club because he wanted her to give him his father's arrest file. He didn't give a fuck about the consequences of that, so I think he should suffer them.

I've never understood how Curtis, Private Investigator, didn't have any other avenues of obtaining those records. I obtained someone's police records a few weeks ago and instead of asking my local mobster, I went to the police's website and filled out their "Request Police Records" form and I received them a day later.  

I like to imagine Selina Wu sitting at a computer filling out a form and rolling her eyes at how Curtis is too lazy to fill out his own stupid form.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
On 7/19/2023 at 4:56 AM, YaddaYadda said:

She most certainly lacks empathy. But the writing didn't come off as her wanting her husband back. The writing came off as her wanting Leo to have his father.

This isn't how you treat someone who has gone through a trauma, let alone brain trauma.

Characters like Olivia can say what they want about Tracy. At least she's trying to bring her son back home.

The show always expects us to have empathy for their worst characters. Olivia hasn't been a loving wife for a long time, if ever. She was happy to stand beside Ned when he was running for mayor. Not so much after that.

If Ned got his memory back and remembered everyone but Olivia, I would pee myself laughing.

Or he only remembered the bad stuff from her, which is, let's face it, 95% of their marriage.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

but it was prescribed by her new shrink. The question that should be asked is WHY would he prescribe it on top of her current meds? Of course, if it's out of her system by the time they run the tox screen, and Gladys takes the bottle out of Sasha's purse before the cops get it, then there's no proof and gladys and the Dr. are off the hook. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The drugs wouldn't be out of her system yet, those are drugs that you have to be weaned off slowly, but if Gladys takes the bottle out of Sasha's purse, there is no way to identify that Shady Shrink gave her those pills and Sasha would be thought to have gotten them illegally on her own. And in even more trouble.

• Like 1
(edited)

The bottle appears to be labeled, but it's a red flag that Dr. Montague just handed her the pills instead of writing a prescription.  He knew she wouldn't be able to take as directed, so she can still be accused of abusing drugs.general-hospital-spoilers-sasha-gilmore-

I can even see Gilmore on the label.

General-Hospital-Spoilers_-Sasha-Hospita

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The actress tried, it couldn't have been easy to come in and be emotional about this when she didn't play the earlier scenes, but new Davis coven is not really gelling for me. 

Yeah that’s where I’m at too.  Like the actress was ok, but that foursome was well established and it’s tough to break through.  I wasn’t feeling her and TJ either, that couple has been together forever and although they did recast TJ, he wasn’t as integral in the show at the time.  It has to be hard to just walk into a front burner story, but it didn’t work.  I also really hate the outfit they had her in at the hospital.  She’s so tall and rail thin, that outfit was doing nothing for her.  She looked like Olive Oil.  Sorry for being shallow, she’s beautiful but it just goes to show wardrobe gets it wrong with people of all sizes.  It also stuck out because everyone was dressed casually and she looked ready for the club.

• Like 4
(edited)

Ok. I missed the beginning of the episode, but I really enjoyed what I saw of the  Austin/Sonny scenes! I was reminded of when Todd Manning threatened to kill Sonny. That was such a great scene! Anyhoo . . . I liked their banter and Sonny threatening that dude in the alley! LOL! Maybe this Mason plot will move forward now that Sonny is aware! 

I enjoyed the Molly/Kristina scenes. I did chuckle each time they referred to Kristina as the “big sister” but the scenes were well-acted, IMO. 

I loved all the Sprina moments! Portia really got to poor Spencer. He really cares about Trina and doesn’t want to think he’s making her life worse!! Can they please go on a date that isn’t interrupted or end in craziness?!? 

Can Gladys just go now? I like the actress but they’ve run the bus over the character. What she’s done to Sasha is in irredeemable territory! And her reason for going all this is even worse!! I’m sure they will show her not wanting this specific outcome and being remorseful (I hope) but the character has no chance if she doesn’t confess now! She is truly an awful person. 

I love the actor who plays Cyrus but I don’t love Esme so I muted those scenes.

ETA: oops, I forgot about Curtis! Weren’t you shocked when he couldn’t feel his legs?!?! 🙄 LOL! We all knew that was coming. I wish I cared (not really) but I don’t. He’ll be up and walking again! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 7
51 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The bottle appears to be labeled, but it's a red flag that Dr. Montague just handed her the pills instead of writing a prescription.  He knew she wouldn't be able to take as directed, so she can still be accused of abusing drugs.general-hospital-spoilers-sasha-gilmore-

I can even see Gilmore on the label.

General-Hospital-Spoilers_-Sasha-Hospita

The fact that he had the prescription ready to go is a major red flag ciarra. It shows how the doctor had already prejudged her need for the script. That’s not how it works. 

• Like 5

Oh, no! Curtis can't feel his legs! I did not see that coming at all said no one.

All I can say is poor Sasha. The torture this character has been subjected to is so uncalled for. I'm still angry that they wrote the actress's first pregnancy only to have Sasha lose her baby. It was all kinds of cruel to do that to someone who'd just had a baby. 

This shit needs to stop. They could have come up with anything to send her on her mat leave.

I am surprised they didn't call Nina to let her know what happened at the pool. That pool is cursed. Ned almost died there, there was a shooting and now a stabbing.

Still don't care about this Austin story that has been dragging since he graced us with his presence.

Nice to see that Molly's resentment of Kristina which sounded like it ran deep yesterday is resolved inside 20 minutes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I have enjoyed several Carly-free episodes in a row.  Felicia, Mac, Lucy, Martin, Tracy, Gregory, Alexis, Jackson, Cyrus . . . these original superstars can carry the show all summer!  And yes, I've excluded several names on purpose.

LW tweeted today don't you worry I'll be back and finished with a HA! so enjoy it while  you can.   I felt like the HA! was yeah I'll be on every single day for months to make up for this. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7
9 minutes ago, CeChase said:

LW tweeted today don't you worry I'll be back and finished with a HA! so enjoy it while  you can.   I felt like the HA! was yeah I'll be on every single day for months to make up for this. 

I’m sure she will but every time she has a break or Carly is out of away from things (like when she was in Jacksonville last year), its becomes more and more obvious how easily she lifts out and how nonessential of a “lead character” she’s become. She doesn’t drive story and her absence didn’t impact any other character. Even her lame kids have their SOs and friends so mommy not being around didn’t affect them. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

The fact that he had the prescription ready to go is a major red flag ciarra. It shows how the doctor had already prejudged her need for the script. That’s not how it works. 

She didn't need the drugs at all, he was just doing this for his good pal Gladys so of course he had the drugs ready.

The fact that it has a prescription label should be good for Sasha because it shows that she was reacting to the drugs the psychiatrist gave her and not because she was unstable on her own. But in this show, who knows.

25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nice to see that Molly's resentment of Kristina which sounded like it ran deep yesterday is resolved inside 20 minutes.

My eyes rolled so hard at that.  This could have been a good story over a couple of weeks at least but they shut it down while leaving us with endless boring stories like Mason (and Curtis).

And Molly still needs a ton of therapy before she's ready to be a parent.

I liked the scene with Cyrus and Esme, he would be a good person to mentor her because he's also trying to remake himself while keeping his old impulses.

If I were Austin, I'd be so sick of Mason and his mysterious boss always threatening me, I'd say "Fine, kill me if you want. I'm not taking this any more."

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The drugs wouldn't be out of her system yet

They wouldn't be out of her system at all.  She just took one right before the reporter showed up because she was nervous and Gladys asked if she had taken her meds.  

but if Gladys takes the bottle out of Sasha's purse, there is no way to identify

Maxie knew about them as well, She took them out of Sasha's bag today to show to Detective Bennett to prove that Sasha was having a reaction which caused her to stab Cody.  When they showed up the closeup of the bottle a few days ago, Dr Montague's name was on it.  

37 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It also stuck out because everyone was dressed casually and she looked ready for the club.

In her defence, (or wardrobe's I guess!), she and TJ were at the club when they heard about the shooting and went straight to the hospital.  And I guess neither her mother or her sisters thought to go to her place and pick up a change of clothes for her.  

39 minutes ago, lala2 said:

You missed him start in with his faith based talk and she rolled her eyes and said something like, not another religious nut, so he sort of chuckled and stopped.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

They wouldn't be out of her system at all.  She just took one right before the reporter showed up because she was nervous and Gladys asked if she had taken her meds.  

Maxie knew about them as well, She took them out of Sasha's bag today to show to Detective Bennett to prove that Sasha was having a reaction which caused her to stab Cody.  When they showed up the closeup of the bottle a few days ago, Dr Montague's name was on it.  

In her defence, (or wardrobe's I guess!), she and TJ were at the club when they heard about the shooting and went straight to the hospital.  And I guess neither her mother or her sisters thought to go to her place and pick up a change of clothes for her.  

You missed him start in with his faith based talk and she rolled her eyes and said something like, not another religious nut, so he sort of chuckled and stopped.  

I’m surprised that the officer didn’t confiscate the pill bottle as soon as Maxie showed it to him. Also, are we sure that the pills in the bottle are what is described on the label?  I wouldn’t put it last Gladys and the doc to tell her she’s taking one thing and actually taking something else. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I thought the Kristina/Molly solo scene was better than Molly’s scenes with Sam or the ones they had together during the first half of the episode. They look about the same age but the previous actresses did as well, even HP looking older than baby-faced LA at times, so that wasn’t jarring to me.

The older actresses throws off the dynamic with Sam, who’s always been the much older sister. It’s not just with Molly, it’s with Kristina too. Sam’s coming off way more annoyed and judgmental about Kristina than ever before. I could kind of buy that type of relationship when they looked 20 years apart but not when they look like peers. It just makes Sam come off bitchy.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Cyrus is certainly getting into a lot of people’s business lately

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Also, are we sure that the pills in the bottle are what is described on the label?

That's a good question.  Plus she seems to be popping them like candy so I'm not sure what they are supposed to be or what they're treating.  

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I’m surprised that the officer didn’t confiscate the pill bottle as soon as Maxie showed it to him. Also, are we sure that the pills in the bottle are what is described on the label?  I wouldn’t put it last Gladys and the doc to tell her she’s taking one thing and actually taking something else. 

I thought it was Sasha’s regular anti-depressants prescription that Maxie showed the detective and not the new pills?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanaK said:

I thought it was Sasha’s regular anti-depressants prescription that Maxie showed the detective and not the new pills?

Yeah, it was.  No mention of the other pills.  I'm gonna guess Sasha tells the doctor about them and then Jerk Doc and Gladys deny there was another prescription and there's no trace of the pill bottle or the scrip.

Of course Curtis thinks he can help with the PCPD investigation. Spare me. And stop with the "my daughter/my child" crap. You don't own her, asshole. And yes, shocker that he's paralyzed for a bit.

Sonny was certainly acting the grand seigneur at lunch. He was so obnoxious.

Sorry, Nina, but Michael certainly does have the Quartermaine entitlement.

Eesh, not only is Carly back tomorrow, but Drewfus is too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Is that a new jail visiting set with glass?  I guess it's all for Saint Drew and Carly to interact. 

Why does hook mommy get visitors? Shouldn't Heather be locked up alone? She is even chained, handcuffed or behind some glass. 

I'm so tired of Sasha, I liked her before but I can't with this anymore she knows she's an addict. She's popping pills and think Gladys is so great.  She's just so stupid and deserves what she gets at this point.  Just let the character be done. 

Cody should not forgive and let what ever Gladys does to her go on. 

They have to keep saying Molly is the little sister and Kristina is the big sister but it looks the opposite. Molly and Sam are same bracket now. 

"Ryan and I had our faults." Lol that's putting it mildly. 

Drew's paralyzed shocking. I guess at least not amnesia. 

• Like 1

Cody had it coming. He could have spared Sasha ALL this if he had just told her the truth about Gladys, but, once again, working some angle was more important to him. Stab him, Sasha! Stab him again!!! 🗡️

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
(edited)
On 7/19/2023 at 11:23 AM, ffwbe said:

They recast Molly again but her scenes with Sam are terrible and she looks way too old. Just throw the character away at this point 

I’m really going to miss Halley Pullos.  She was stunning.  And I don’t like her replac,ent either.  Or the new Kristina.  

10 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I've never understood how Curtis, Private Investigator, didn't have any other avenues of obtaining those records. I obtained someone's police records a few weeks ago and instead of asking my local mobster, I went to the police's website and filled out their "Request Police Records" form and I received them a day later.  

I like to imagine Selina Wu sitting at a computer filling out a form and rolling her eyes at how Curtis is too lazy to fill out his own stupid form.

I’m sure Selina has her smarter henchmen henching that sort of thing for her.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sorry, Nina, but Michael certainly does have the Quartermaine entitlement.

She had to say that -- Sonny was sitting right there beside her.

I got the impression from CW that Nina knew that she was lying but doing it for the sake of her relationship with Sonny. Or maybe I'm projecting.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I got the impression from CW that Nina knew that she was lying but doing it for the sake of her relationship with Sonny. Or maybe I'm projecting.

Me too.  I thought CW played that so great I actually laughed. 

• Like 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Is that a new jail visiting set with glass?  I guess it's all for Saint Drew and Carly to interact. 

Yes - brand new set complete with snazzy TV displaying the rules!  I share your first thought as well, that it’s built in anticipation of a lot of Drew scenes, so was pleasantly surprised to see JK and AM make appearances.

At least if it’s for Drew it may mean the inevitable miracle pardon won’t be coming  immediately.

Mr. mbluecpa was a tad disappointed that Curtis didn’t wake up thinking he was a singer or one of Eddie’s band members. 

Edited by mbluecpa
  • LOL 8
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I got the impression from CW that Nina knew that she was lying but doing itfor the sake of her relationship with Sonny. Or maybe I'm projecting.

I had half an eye on the show, so I only heard her reply and didn't see how she delivered the line. I really hope Nina knew what she was saying was utter bs.

1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

Mr. mbluecpa was a tad disappointed that Curtis didn’t wake up thinking he was a singer or one of Eddie’s band members.

LOL. Though Curtis's ego would have him as a Pip (as in Gladys Knight and the ...).

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think CW was playing against script. Some of the vet actors have talked about occasionally getting dialogue that they don’t agree with or doesn’t think makes sense for their character. Since they can’t change the actual lines without getting into trouble, they play the scene differently to make it their character sound sarcastic or like they are joking when it wasn’t intended that way. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
20 hours ago, CeChase said:

Almost felt/sounded like a threat, didn't it????

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

LOL. Though Curtis's ego would have him as a Pip (as in Gladys Knight and the ...).

Heh. Curtis shows absolutely no signs of having any rhythm. Like me, he's probably one of those Black men that loves music, but can't dance worth a lick. Now the Pips? Those Brothers could MOVE, right up there with the Temptations and the Spinners.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
On 7/20/2023 at 11:15 AM, Sake614 said:

I don't think nuMolly looks too old but damn, they really need to fix her wardrobe. One inch lower and she would have had a wardrobe malfunction.

Hah!  That tank top was riding pretty low wasn't it?  I'm not against the manufactured angst between Molly and Kristina, as long as they give other characters something to do.  So tired of the Carlys.

On 7/20/2023 at 3:52 AM, 30 Helens said:

My thoughts on NunuMolly: She’s better than Stepford Fembot NuMolly, so that’s a plus. At least she has facial muscles that move, eyes that blink, and more than 3 oz of flesh on her bones. She is older than OGMolly, but that doesn’t bother me. NuKristina has also been aged, so that matches. I also appreciate that she looks mature enough to actually be an ADA. 

The thing that does bother me about NunuMolly is the high pitched helium voice. I know she can’t help that, but there were times she was speaking in her lower register and I wish she would focus on making that her normal tone. I’m not loving her, I find it hard to believe that *this* was the best casting option, but I don’t hate her and I’m willing to give her a chance. 

I agree with all of the above.  The actress was really screechy, but she could cry, that's more than I can say about some of the other actors on this show.  Hopefully she'll get better.  I'm actually interested in what may come down the pike with these characters.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Great scenes with Esmé and Alexis. 

Loved the scenes between Esme and Alexis!  They played well off each other.  I'm so glad someone isn't buying Esme's act.  And I'm starting to think Esme really has amnesia, but she's still conniving isn't she?  I need conniving on my soaps 😊.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Portia should just leave Spencer alone. 

I'm not mad at Portia, and I like Sprina.  Do I think just about everyone infantilizes Trina?  Yes, with this new actress especially.  I'm not sure what that's about, but no one seems to treat her like an adult.  That said, I've liked Portia since she first came on the show and I really get her pov in this situation because really, ever since Trina met Spencer, she's gone through horrific stuff and it really does come back to Spencer.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:52 PM, Artsda said:

Portia was spot on with Spencer today. Especially calling out Trina looking past all Spencer has done. 

So Taggert now is alcoholic over Trina not being his. 

Yes she was spot on.  The situation is a little more nuanced then she presented it, but the bottom line is she doesn't want Trina with Spencer, and like Trina said, she'll do "anything" to protect the people she loves.  She brought someone out of a coma to help Trina.  She's making nice with Esme to try to manipulate her into spending more time with Spencer (and Esme is only too willing!).  She's whispering in Trina's ear that basically Esme is a package deal, which is true.  She's now (imo) trying to guilt Spencer into walking away from Trina.  I don't mind watching characters I like do bad stuff (see Nina).  Because unlike the Carlys, they always get called on their ish.

As for Taggert, its too bad they didn't really develop the character more before this storyline with Trina, because then maybe it would make sense that he's turning to alcohol to numb his pain.  But as it stands, it's just kinda out of the blue and feels like it will go no where.

Also want to add I loved the scene with Sonny and Kristina, nice chem, I bought them as a dad and daughter and would also buy that Kristina is Sonny's favorite.

Lastly, I've liked GH the last week (coincidentally no Carly).  Any of yall that watched GH in the 90's may remember when they split the show and started Port Charles.  I'd love for them to do that again and take the Carlys and Sonny, and give them a show of their own.  And then write nice, juicy stories for everyone else, like they used to waaaay back in the day.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

I wondered why Esme was at the airport.  There's no way Pentonville would have an open, food-court style prisoner room.  And Heather can just wander in and shank anyone. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

LW's threat came true, it was a day of Carlys -- Carly, Carly Jr. and the African American Carlys Curtis and Portia.

Carly to Drew: "The only reason Willow is okay is because of you."  Really Carly?  The only reason? Nothing for Liesl who underwent a dangerous medical procedure to donate the cells, or to Nina to arranged it?

For once I liked Diane. I hope she gets "Dr. Montague" 's license pulled.

Need I say how unethical it is that the psychiatrist doing the court evaluation is giving Sasha pills, and then evaluating and treating her when she's brought into GH by the police?

There is no way that Sasha should be in Ferncliff at this point.  Is this the best that the writers can come up with for her mat leave?  As soon as she's off the pills, she'll be fine again.

I doubt that Gladys can be redeemed after this even if she feels bad about what she did, unless of course she comes clean about the unethical doctor.

The people who work together at GH addressing each other as "Doctor" is so weird, especially the senior neurologist saying that to intern TJ.

If I had paid money to spend my summer at the Metro Court pool, I would be complaining to the management about Joss and Dex's semi-clothed PDAs.

21 minutes ago, Jenxee said:

And I'm starting to think Esme really has amnesia, but she's still conniving isn't she?  I need conniving on my soaps 😊.

That's the interesting stuff to me.

Unfortunately this show doesn't have a good track record of redeeming characters who were brought on behaving badly although goodness knows it keeps trying.

30 minutes ago, Jenxee said:

Also want to add I loved the scene with Sonny and Kristina, nice chem, I bought them as a dad and daughter and would also buy that Kristina is Sonny's favorite.

Sadly, I think that Michael is Sonny's favourite, the ungrateful SLS.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Is a safety pin an authorized medical device?

I knew there was something about that scene that seemed off!  It was the safety pin!!!  ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I'm loving the luncheon from hell!  Sonny's face when Ave said, "Sonny, you're incorrigible!"  😂

Ok so wait, is Curtis paralyzed?  Because Portia tried to walk away and he gripped her hand hard enough to pull her back.  And his fingers keep moving.

I don't often like Diane, but today Go Diane!!  And shut up Gladys!

And the luncheon from hell continues.  We need more from these four (Sonny, Nina, Austin, Ava) ❤️

Edited by Jenxee
  • Like 4

Good lord, Curtis. You just woke up. Give things a minute or two. And can they really tell this early Curtis will never walk again (as if)? If something had been shattered, I get that, but we never heard anything about that, just that the bullet and fragments had been removed. I suppose we won't get details because a) the writers are lazy and b) then when he walks it won't be the miracle we all hoped for. (Again, as if.)

I love Diane's red suit. Didn't we once think CH wore her own clothes, the same way Constance Towers did for Helena?

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sadly, I think that Michael is Sonny's favourite, the ungrateful SLS.

Totally, and mostly because Michael was a prize he stole away from fat AJ and the Qs. Also, no way a girl child will ever be Sonny's favorite.

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If I had paid money to spend my summer at the Metro Court pool, I would be complaining to the management about Joss and Dex's semi-clothed PDAs.

Ugh, seriously. A peck is fine, but those two were really going at it.

12 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Is a safety pin an authorized medical device?

Sometimes they use what looks like a pastry cutter, so safety pin doesn't seem so outlandish to me, lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Dear lord, they saved all of the most annoying characters for today. I was only spared from Michael and Willow but looks like they’ll be on Monday judging from the previews along with all of the other iterations of Carly.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jenxee said:

As for Taggert, its too bad they didn't really develop the character more before this storyline with Trina, because then maybe it would make sense that he's turning to alcohol to numb his pain.  But as it stands, it's just kinda out of the blue and feels like it will go no where.

I haven’t watched yet but are they really going to make him an alcoholic now?  Ugh. I mean, and I’m not saying this is healthy because of course it’s not, but sometimes people just drink too much. Sometimes people go on benders. That doesn’t mean they have a severe alcoholic illness. Of course if it becomes habitual it’s an issue but going out and getting hammered one night doesn’t make you an alcoholic.  It’s kind of offensive and lazy writing (per usual). Sometimes people just make the wrong choice.  But I’m still salty they made Alexis an alcoholic out of thin air 🤷‍♀️

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good lord, Curtis. You just woke up. Give things a minute or two.

Well I’ll give Curtis a tiny bit of grace here because if I woke up from being shot and couldn’t feel my legs, I’m pretty sure I would be freaking the fuck out. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I haven’t watched yet but are they really going to make him an alcoholic now?  Ugh. I mean, and I’m not saying this is healthy because of course it’s not, but sometimes people just drink too much. Sometimes people go on benders. That doesn’t mean they have a severe alcoholic illness. Of course if it becomes habitual it’s an issue and I’m not trying to downplay that but sometimes people just make the wrong choice.  But I’m still salty they made Alexis an alcoholic out of thin air 🤷‍♀️

It seems like that's where they're heading.  He had breakfast with Trina the other day and as soon as she left he brought out the flask.

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good lord, Curtis. You just woke up. Give things a minute or two.

That goes for Portia, Curtis' neurosurgeon, TJ, and the other doctors that already consulted...I'm not in the medical profession but do they really give an opinion so soon after the patient wakes up from surgery?

18 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Dear lord, they saved all of the most annoying characters for today. I was only spared from Michael and Willow but looks like they’ll be on Monday judging from the previews along with all of the other iterations of Carly.

LOL at "iterations of Carly".  Yes Monday looks very dismal.  And there really is not a drop of chemistry between Carly and Drewfus is there?  Not that I want Snarly, but can't Carly just be alone (and off screen).  And are they really making, "oh god no don't sell the house" a storyline?  🙄

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I'm still liking life on the barge, but keeping an eye on this thread to see what I'm being spared missing. Some of you have me tempted to at least watch the Ava/Austin + Nina/Sonny luncheon. 

So, Curtis is paralyzed? Maybe they can bring crack neurosurgeon Dr. Griffin Munro back for a brief return to save the day, between his crying spells. 

• LOL 4

There is no way that Sasha should be in Ferncliff at this point.  Is this the best that the writers can come up with for her mat leave?  As soon as she's off the pills, she'll be fine again.

So Sasha was arrested and within days (hours??) is going to be sent to Ferncliff? No court hearing? No defense attorney appointed? Heck, no one has yet even heard the manipulated statement the skeevy doctor recorded. Port Charles legal system here is like the old school Soviet Union. 

And yet.... the hard-time penitentiary Pentonville lets Heather Webber (an actually criminally insane murderer) walk around free. Also Cyrus Renault - even if he's become "born again", he's still convicted of murder, etc. Yet he also wanders around as if its a college dorm. 

6 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

So, Curtis is paralyzed? Maybe they can bring crack neurosurgeon Dr. Griffin Munro back for a brief return to save the day, between his crying spells. 

What about Jeff Webber? I don't know if he's a neurosurgeon, but everyone is a specialist in everything here. That would give Liz a chance to reconnect with him.

• Like 6
(edited)
On 7/20/2023 at 2:26 PM, ciarra said:

Yeah, the doctors were getting ahead of themselves. Curtis would have a lot of swelling around his wound and spinal cord. It’s waaaay too early to throw around the word permanent. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
Nm
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

That prison waiting room is super weird looking 

That set is definitely repurposed. It looked like the one they used when people were waiting at the airport. It’s a pet peeve but I hate when sets don’t look like anything they are supposed to be. See Spring Ridge which doesn’t even remotely look like a prison. 

1 hour ago, Jenxee said:

And are they really making, "oh god no don't sell the house" a storyline?  🙄

It’s so weird that they are making it seem like she’s been living there for decades. Sonny bought it after they divorced. She didn’t move in there until they reunited a decade later so she’s only been there for like 8 years. Donna’s barely going to notice if you moved. I didn’t hear any big outrage over moving Joss away from that yellow house she grew up in because they moved to Greystone. 

• Like 1