Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I thought Yuri was going to Chechnya with Laura.

It seem like nodw would be a good time to take a vacation from GH. I hate abandoning Tracy and Ava but their SLs are horrendous.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Steph J said:

Going by recaps, the merger collapsed in June of 2022. Ned didn't accuse Carly/Drew/Michael of insider trading until October. As @ffwbe mentioned, Michael and Drew were trying to talk Carly out of what she was doing because they thought she might lose money, not because they realized she was committing a criminal act. In between June and October the story was all about how evil Nina took advantage of Carly's financial collapse by scooping up the hotel. I genuinely don't think the insider trading angle even occurred to the writers until viewers started harping about it.

Now let us all take a moment to reflect on the fact that this dumb story has been going on for over a damn year.

Don't take me wrong, I completely agree with the reasons Drew and Michael didn't want Carly to buy stock while she was gleefully doing just that.

But I thought that Ned brought up the insider trading earlier than 4 months later. 

I can't believe this has been going on for over a year now. No wonder this show feels like hell.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ljr said:

how does ned/Eddie explain that he's in port Charles?

Eddie hasn't and can't explain anything.  So far it's been" Im not Ned, I'm Eddie Maine.  I love singing in Vegas.  You people aren't my family.  There's nothing better than singing.  Oh look someone left their guitar behind, let me pick it up and use it.  I don't know you people.  I think I will leave town".  

There's been no explanation of what he thinks he's been doing since the 90s, who his family is now, where he used to live. None of it.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, paisley said:

I thought Yuri was going to Chechnya with Laura.

It seem like nodw would be a good time to take a vacation from GH. I hate abandoning Tracy and Ava but their SLs are horrendous.

honestly this is me. i watch for Tracy, but then I see freaking Olivia call her a bitch, and Tracy doesn't do anything like what's the point

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

There's been no explanation of what he thinks he's been doing since the 90s, who his family is now, where he used to live. None of it.  

Amnesia could explain that, though, right? He just has an awareness of the now, not the past. TBH, I don't need an explanation of any of that. I don't care. I'm just enjoying watching Olivia suffer for a bit. (I hate how she's reacting, but I love she's getting a bit of payback for being so disloyal to Ned for so long.)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Amnesia could explain that, though, right?

Ok, then why isn't he more concerned.  anytime that I've had amnesia (!!!) I would freak out when I didn't recognize the people that say they are my family or worry about the things that I don't remember.  Ned hasn't hit that beat at all.  It's all been about the name, insisting that he's Eddie and that he's a musician.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

watching Olivia suffer for a bit. (I hate how she's reacting, but I love she's getting a bit of payback for being so disloyal to Ned for so long.)

I would love this if there was going to be change.  but you know that once he's back to normal, he'll forgive her for being a bitch and then six months later, there will be something else she'll be pissed at him about, either too much working or arguments with the golden child.  I hate the expression ride or die, but if there is one that indicates the absolute oppposite, that's Olivia.  

Wouldn't this have been better as a fish out ofwater story with Ned thinking he's still in the 90s, remembering Lois, remembering Alexis.  Questioning 21st century technology and wondering why his 50 year old body no longer fits in his 30 year old leather pants?  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Ok, then why isn't he more concerned.  anytime that I've had amnesia (!!!) I would freak out when I didn't recognize the people that say they are my family or worry about the things that I don't remember.  Ned hasn't hit that beat at all.  It's all been about the name, insisting that he's Eddie and that he's a musician.  

I would love this if there was going to be change.  but you know that once he's back to normal, he'll forgive her for being a bitch and then six months later, there will be something else she'll be pissed at him about, either too much working or arguments with the golden child.  I hate the expression ride or die, but if there is one that indicates the absolute oppposite, that's Olivia.  

Wouldn't this have been better as a fish out ofwater story with Ned thinking he's still in the 90s, remembering Lois, remembering Alexis.  Questioning 21st century technology and wondering why his 50 year old body no longer fits in his 30 year old leather pants?  

Why yes, that would be a MUCH better story!  I do like this Eddie Maine twist, but man, you are so right.  I would love if they had done this.

• Love 2

Olivia was so cringey bringing the huge photo album to help Ned/Eddie (Neddie?) remember.  Oh my god give the man a little breathing room.  She’s treated him like shit so many times maybe now she’ll appreciate him.

Brooklyn “We went for a run.”

Tracy “Was someone chasing you?”

Chase “hahaha”

Tracy “What’s funny?”

LOVE HER.

And look if it’s about the actors’ comfort levels I get that but I found it absurd that Chase was shirtless and Brooklyn was in a long sleeve shirt and long pants.  He could have at least thrown on a T-shirt to make it look more balanced.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That’s why Olivia being so upset now doesn’t resonate with me. She doesn’t even seem like she likes him or being married to him most of the time and he’s constantly groveling or trying to win her over, which just makes him look pathetic. Yes, he was wrong to cheat but they had issues well before that happened that they were never addressed. I saw no reason that she even reunited with him other than wanting a full time father for Leo. 

The other problem with the Eddie Maine story is the problem with a lot of their storylines. They are solely done to give certain characters, namely Sonny/Carly/her kids and their SOs something to react to. They aren’t putting much thought into the actual SLs and the beats that could be played that would make the storylines interesting to someone who isn’t one of those characters. It’s not really Ned’s story. It’s just a way to stall the reveal that Nina is the whistleblower.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
57 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

remembering Alexis

Has Eddie seen Alexis yet? Not just as someone in the background, but gotten a good look at her? It would be great if he recognized her, to Olivia's fury. (I'm really down on Olivia right now, lol.)

13 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

It’s just a way to stall the reveal that Nina is the whistleblower.  

The real crime, lest we forget. 

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
Just now, dubbel zout said:
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

It’s just a way to stall the reveal that Nina is the whistleblower.  

The real crime, lest we forget. 

I'm guessing she'll get life in Pentonville for it--as she should!

Just think of the screeching Carly will do at her for keeping Drew from the child he has absolutely no interest in--the nerve!

• LOL 13
(edited)
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Has Eddie seen Alexis yet? Not just as someone in the background, but gotten a good look at her? It would be great if he recognized her, to Olivia's fury. (I'm really down on Olivia right now, lol.)

I don’t think so since he wasn’t allowing visitors at the hospital when she tried to see him. However, there were a couple of stills on the ABC press website from Monday’s episode of them interacting, including a pic of them talking and smiling at each other so I think there was a cut scene. I did think it was weird that they had Alexis show up to the Savoy that day to stand in the background. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 2

Does anyone know if Olivia's voice is the actress's real voice, or is she doing a fake brooklyn accent?  I cannot take any scenes with her in it because of her voice, I'm really sorry I just can't help it.  If I  was Ned I would pretend to be Eddie even if I knew I was Ned to get away from that voice. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

And look if it’s about the actors’ comfort levels I get that but I found it absurd that Chase was shirtless and Brooklyn was in a long sleeve shirt and long pants.  He could have at least thrown on a T-shirt to make it look more balanced.

He was wearing a tshirt when the scene started, as they ran up to the back deck, but then immediately removed it to wipe himself down.  He's purty!!!   What did  make me scratch my head was that BLQ was in long sleeves, while jogging, in warm summer weather.  She should have been in a tshirt or at least unzipped her long sleeves as soon as she got home.  It just looked silly.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

And if his memories go back 30 years ago, why isn't he asking for the members of his band?

• Love 3

I know that BLQ works for a cosmetic company but that anount of makeup to go for a run? Oy!

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

If Alexis is right and this is Ned with voluntary amnesia in order to avoid the situations in his real life (and who could blame him?), then he wouldn't be bothered about the details in his real life, he would be busy working on maintaining his Eddie Maine person rather than questioning it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Carly didn’t claw her way to the top. Everything she’s gotten has been the result of a rich man she married. The MC came to her when she traded Jax ELQ stock that she got from her divorce to Lorenzo and it was already open and successful well before she ever got involved in it. And no, Joss, Carly having to actually work for a living to support herself for the first time in 25 years because she finally lost the money she got from those men isn’t some grand punishment. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 12

Shut up, Joss, as always. Just because no one got hurt doesn't mean a crime hasn't been committed. How did this nitwit graduate from high school, let alone make it through her freshman year of college?

And Scout is losing her father for three years because he's an even bigger idiot than you are.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Scout running in and hugging Aunt Tracy was really sweet. There's someone who just seems to love her. Tracy has been great with the kids.

Oh, no! Carly's fine is $5million. Am I supposed to feel sorry that she has to go back to work? I'm also surprise that she doesn't have a more money, but I guess if she did, people like me would just hate her more.

I don't feel an ounce of sadness for Drew. Tracy and Sam speaking sense, but this absolute dingbat wants to fall on his own sword. Too bad it won't kill him.

Joss's dress was beyond ugly.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Best moment : Martin says that it's a good place to get a tan, sees Mac take off his shirt and says "On the other hand you can't be too careful about UV radiation." Perfect line read.

I'm impressed with WK playing Eddie, even his voice sounds different.

Good for Ava, slapping Austin.

Poor Scout and Danny -- both parents are felons.

We are told that Leo and Danny hang out together a lot but why do Avery and Scout, of similar ages, never do?

Okay, so Sonny and Ned can't pay the fine. So why doesn't Carly pay the fine since she has the money, and Sonny and Michael can support her and the kids afterwards.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

And no, Joss, Carly having to actually work for a living to support herself for the first time in 25 years because she finally lost the money she got from those men isn’t some grand punishment. 

Also this.

Carly, what made you thinkyou were going to get the Metro Court back? You turned down Nina when she offered to give it to you as a gift and you haven't done anything since to work to get it back. 

And Drewfus, on a goodbye visit with his daughter, leaves her so that he can see Carly. She  really owns his manhood.

50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Joss, as always. Just because no one got hurt doesn't mean a crime hasn't been committed. How did this nitwit graduate from high school, let alone make it through her freshman year of college?

And she is going to he a doctor. At least Fictional University had the sense to waitlist her.

44 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss's dress was beyond ugly.

So much. It reminded me of when I was very young and thought less clothes = more sexy. The outfit would have worked better if it had either been less low cut or not stomach-baring.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

then he wouldn't be bothered about the details in his real life,

Ok, but how is he going to pay for stuff?  Like the uber that he likely took to get to the Savoy?  

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Good for Ava, slapping Austin.

She should have punched him in the throat and kicked him in the groin for good measure.  Becuase you know tomorrow he'll give her some nonsense reason for doing it and she'll back off. Then she should march over to whatever hole Mason is living in and shoot him between the eyes.  THAT would be the Ava Freakin' Jerome that I know and love.  

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

We are told that Leo and Danny hang out together a lot

Leo lives a the mansion and Danny's there A LOT so their friendship would make sense.  

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

why do Avery and Scout, of similar ages, never do?

Took me 15 minutes to figure out that Avery and Scout are related via the Jerome family tree.  But Sam sees Ava as beneath her so there is no way she'd let Scout hang out with cousin Avery.  

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

you haven't done anything since to woek to get it back. 

Work for it??  Surely you jest.  Carly expected Nina to just hand it over because she wanted it, despite turning Nina down when she offered it to her.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She should have punched him in the throat and kicked him in the groin for good measure.  Becuase you know tomorrow he'll give her some nonsense reason for doing it and she'll back off. Then she should march over to whatever hole Mason is living in and shoot him between the eyes.  THAT would be the Ava Freakin' Jerome that I know and love.  

Forget punching and kicking. Austin shouldn’t even be alive after taking and using  Avery. Ava “killed” Nikolas for making an empty threat. But this waste of space that’s blackmailing her actually takes her daughter and he just gets a slap and still lives is complete bullshit. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly's fine is $5million.

Which is not that much in her world. I legit thought she'd have more than that in her frozen accounts. It was enraging to hear Joss offer up her trust fund to bail out Carly. Can't Carly take responsibility for anyhing? GAH.

I'm a little surprised Tracy is so outraged about Drew's sentence. Since when did they become BFFs? I know he's family, they barely know each other.

Sonny has contacts with the local "bo-tique" record label in town, LOL.

Good for Sam for not letting Drewfus off the hook and having him explain why he's going to prison.

• Like 6
48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

We are told that Leo and Danny hang out together a lot but why do Avery and Scout, of similar ages, never do?

Especially since they're actually cousins.

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm a little surprised Tracy is so outraged about Drew's sentence. Since when did they become BFFs? I know he's family, they barely know each other.

I think she's outraged because he took the fall for Carly whom she despises. Jason, AJ and Drew have all been sacrificed at the altar of Carly. When is enough enough?

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, no! Carly's fine is $5million. Am I supposed to feel sorry that she has to go back to work? 

Don't feel bad yet 😉: there's still offscreen Jax and probably a couple other offscreen people we've never heard of who could give her the money. Maybe Joss can start a Go Fund Me page for her! 

• LOL 6

I laughed so hard when Carly said “I have to get a job, that’s my life now, someone who has to get a job.” As if it was the worst thing in the world and not what the majority of the population has to do.  And then she said she hadn’t gotten another job because she was hoping to get the MetroCourt back, conveniently omitting the part where Nina offered to give it back to her.  Ugh.  What a spoiled woman.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think she's outraged because he took the fall for Carly whom she despises.

Tracy should concentrate her efforts on taking down Carly, not getting the goods on that dumb Deceptor thing. (Speaking of that, Tracy is probably working with Martin's ex-wife, whoever that turns out to be. Again, poor Jane Elliot, stuck in this dud of a story.)

• Like 6
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

(Speaking of that, Tracy is probably working with Martin's ex-wife, whoever that turns out to be. Again, poor Jane Elliot, stuck in this dud of a story.)

True. But she's the only one who can squeeze out those dry lemons of storylines and turn them into potable lemonade. 

BLQ is not a very good corporate spy. She didn't even bother tossing her salad.

16 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I laughed so hard when Carly said “I have to get a job, that’s my life now, someone who has to get a job.”

Towel Lady at the Metro Court?

Retail mascot?  (Carly wearing a chicken suit out in front of KFC).

Server at Avery's school cafeteria?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Lol she had a job at the Metro Court for years. I mean I know she was the owner and didn't really need to work cause she was rich anyway, but still. It would be nice if she has a hard time finding a job because no one wants to hire her. But of course she'll probably be handed a cushy position somewhere with the people she knows. ,🙄

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Lol she had a job at the Metro Court for years. I mean I know she was the owner and didn't really need to work cause she was rich anyway, but still. It would be nice if she has a hard time finding a job because no one wants to hire her. But of course she'll probably be handed a cushy position somewhere with the people she knows. ,🙄

Drew will probably have her take over Aurora (lack of media experience suddenly won’t be an issue for him) or they are setting it up for her to take over Kelly’s once Bobbie passes and her financial problems will never be mentioned again. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Halfway through the episode but I’m convinced Austin took Avery to convince Ava just how evil Mason is, and to give them an excuse to fire Pilar.

josslyn and Drew can take several seats and have a big heaping helping of STFU.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

We’re really supposed to believe that Carly only has $5 million in savings? She probably got 5X that much from her many divorces from Jax and Sonny. Just how much did she lose on the Aurora deal???

and damn, Drew couldn’t get away from his daughter fast enough. He tells scout about going to prison and five minutes later it’s ‘I should go check on Carly.’ 

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 11
3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

We’re really supposed to believe that Carly only has $5 million in savings? She probably got 5X that much from her many divorces from Jax and Sonny. Just how much did she lose on the Aurora deal???

well the fact that she had to use the hotel to cover the stocks maybe like everything she had? [because she thought it would be a guaranteed deal that she'd make money back]

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I wonder if Tracey will do something BTS for Drew so he'll be released early (when Cam comes back from filming his lifetime movies).

Also, I hope Carly has to get a job and actually work, not just loaf about talking about work.

Maybe Carly can have Cam's job.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Exactly.  Olivia is pretty distracted right now, maybe she can hire Carly to sub.  Or maybe Carly can go back to GH---wasn't the original version a physical therapist there?  But since we're getting drama from Carly over it, I fear the show may be planning to put her into a more lowly position, to garner sympathy.  It makes me miss Jackie Zeman all over again, because there's a big hole here, where Bobby should be.

• Like 5

The tone deafness of first Carly lamenting that *5 million dollars* was 'all my savings' to Joss whining that mommy 'didn't deserve' the horror of having to get a job.  The fucking privilege of these two assholes is unbelievable.  Not to mention the hypocrisy of Joss bitching about the mean judge who sentenced Drew to three years for a crime he actually committed.  Given she was all for Nina being imprisoned 'for life' for the non-crime of...identity fraud, this one isn't getting an invite to Mensa any time soon.

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So Drew was going to sell off Aurora so he could pay Carly's probable fine and now we find out it is going to be $5 millon. How in the world did Drew and Michael think that they would merger together with ELQ and retain controll when Aurora is so much tinier in comparison to ELQ?

At least when Jax ot Nikolas tired to take over ELQ, they  both had companies that were at least equal to ELQ.

• Like 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly's fine is $5million.

So she does not even have to borrow from anyone because she has 5 million in savings.  She is letting her boyfriend do time for her crime.  What a better show this would be without her and Sonny.  Well, at least there has been a brief reprieve from Michael and Willow.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6

Wow that they actually got Sam and Tracy to point out that Drew is losing it all and not Carly. 

This Drew writing is horrible this isn't Drew. 

Sonny doesn't have guards on Avery?

Ned amnesia, hating on Quartermaines moving in with Sonny.  Jason redux. 

Isn't that house Carly is living in worth more than 5 million? How about downsizing?  Also she clawed her way to top? She slept with 2 Quartermaines, Sonny and Jax. That's how she got anything. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't believe this has been going on for over a year now. No wonder this show feels like hell.

By this time next year, maybe the story will finally be over.

Speaking of stories that have been going on way too long, I can't decide if the Mason plot is annoying first and dumb second, or dumb first and annoying second. Ava should be smarter and more resourceful than this and if the story doesn't end with both Mason and Austin in a landfill, then I'll be disappointed. As an aside, the Mason plot has also been going on since June of last year.

Because it can't be said enough: Shut up Joss. Shutupshutupshutupshutup.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8

"I'm Carly Spencer, I'll get back everything that I lost.""
well Carly considering that you threw away everything that you had.... that statement doesn't have the same impact as you think it did. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And she is going to he a doctor. At least Fictional University had the sense to waitlist her.

TJ better start learning more specialties because we all know who's going to be covering for Dr. Joss when she becomes a doctor.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

"I'm Carly Spencer, I'll get back everything that I lost.""
well Carly considering that you threw away everything that you had.... that statement doesn't have the same impact as you think it did. 

It bothers me SO much that she's using the Spencer surname

• Like 3
  • Applause 6